Muvluv Ironfront RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her blood boiled. Anger built inside her. The man before her was having fun talking to her. With his codescending voice. He was a bastard. She had an idea what the man was talking about. It was not easy for her to hide the look she was giving this Petrov guy. A disgusting look. He was probably getting of by having the authority behind him. Sitting behind a desk, barking orders just because he could. It was despicable in her mind. If she had the opportunity, she'd make sure the man would suffer before dying.

However, she knew the position she was placed in, thanks to her unfortunate past. 'Tch..This fucking bastard..' She mentally scowled, keeping eye contact with him the more he spoke. To think that they would have someone like him inside. All of them were born from the same horrendous seed. They may as well be like the BETAs.

"If you think I--" Erika clenched her fists, but stopped and decided not to finish her sentence. She almost stood up from her chair and was ready to leave the damn office. But decide to calm herself down just and stay in control. The man spoke about consequences if she did not abide by his command. Obeyed his orders. For now, the best choice would be to heed what he would say or ask.

The East German was a fool as well. To think she would end in a situation like that. The one thing they had, was something she had lost a long time ago, and was it even real? There were plenty of questions that ran through her mind, but she had to find out, if not for her, at least for her family. Whoever that was left anyway, if there was any at that. Just to be safe and confirm what bothered her, she just had to ask him a simple question.

Folding her arms before her chest, she almost glared daggers at the man. "And why would I listen to someone like you?!"

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
"Stage IIB Leiomyosarcoma... Just above the right subclavian artery..." the doctor mumbled to himself. He was deep in the Lance Sergeants records, looking over everything they had on the man, for a man his age, with a tumor in such a location he was in surprisingly good health. He scribbled down a note to figure out why that may be. Then he cracked open a large book and began flipping through the pages.

'This isn't going to be an easy one' he though as he found what he was looking for, a listing on various chemotherapy treatments.

To: Lance Sergeant Marvus Tensdale
Via: (1) Regiment CO
(2) Regiment XO

Subj: LEIOMYOSARCOMA TREATMENT AVAILABILITY AND OPTIONS
Ref: WHO 9320.9
Encl: NONE

1. The following is a list of promising treatment options for Lance Sergeant Maruvs Tensdale's Sarcoma, with one treatment option being preferred.

2. The following is the recommended treatment option as Surgery at this time is considered to be too dangerous considering the location of the tumor. Radiation therapy and more invasive Chemotherapy will be over looked until mission completion as to minimize degradation of combat capabilities.

Temodar at 150mg, Orally four times daily. Routine will follow a five day regiment for twenty eight days. Regiment is to be adjusted as needed at day 29.
Dolasetron at 50mg twice daily. Oral for care of nausea.
Ibuprofen at 400mg twice daily for pain and haedache relief.

3. Please forward any questions to Base Medical Records.

Sincerely,

C. D. Tcyho, MD
Physician, United Nations Dover Front
Chief of General Medicine
@Deathwatch101

Kosuke put his book down reluctantly to the calling from the halls. He lazily dropped to the floor and began lacing his boots. 'If I'm hearing correctly that's that one Warrant Officer...' he thought as he finally had his boots ready to go. He stood and grabbed his blouse from his rack and began a nonchalant walk to the door of the Junior Officer Quarters.

He stepped outside expecting to see the Warrant Officer but instead watched as the Spaniard and the Warrant made haste down the passage. He turned to give the bed a longing stare, and bit his lip at the temptation. "Dammit." he said as he started after the pair at a light jog. 'Wonder what all the fuss is about...' he thought as he caught something about Russians and how they were disliked by the rest of the Soviet bloc for corruption or something along those lines.

Kosuke had heard of the tensions between the Russians and practically all the other Soviet Bloc nationalities. The Soviets were infamous for conscripting any non-Russians and sending them to fight to save time against the BETA, that it was still going on even after losing the territory of Russia... Kosuke was, to say the least, surprised.

He slowed a bit as he realized he was moving much faster than the two. Walking up behind them he made himself noticed by giving a quick "What's the problem then?" before he fell silent and followed closely on their heels.

(Actually I'm going to go ahead and move this on a little bit, alsoby this time funny enough the Soviets have recaptured most of Eastern Siberia. Zero and others the colonel isn't doing anything can work something out.)

Petrov smirks in the face of the womans resistence, it was very much like the stories his own grand father had about smashing the Germans, for such an outwardly calm people, they fought like wolves and cared all too much about family and land. "The Soviet Union is Generous, as am I. you will hear the proof in this little device, please put on the head phones." Reaching under his desk with his right hand, a walkman with a cassette tape was laid out flat on the desk. Waiting for the woman to do as she was told, the Soveit Major continues.

"You and the Colonel have a common factor it would seem. Regardless this is not about her. That voice on the tape, and the questions it answered I am sure interests you. Regardless of your choices your bone will be returned. Either all at once on a nice sunny field, shinny and well."

Leering forward the Soviet's eyes narrow with the same constant shit eating grin he had worn this whole time. "Or piece by piece in the mail."

Chuckling lightly the man waves his right hand as if telling her to leave. "Don't worry you are much too...energetic to make for a good spy, your role will be rather simple. You'll deliver packages for me, and inform on things I may wish to hear....surely a deal with a human devil is better than hope from a god that doesn't exsist or has left us all...good day Little Erika.." He could have added in some warnings or suggestions on what to do next, but it would be good to let the dog decide for herself. He had the leash afterall..and many things could be done with it.

A lesser man would have used that to take advantage of the woman's lovely figure, but he knew better than to sleep with a viper..one did not live long, and he planned to live very, very long..if not to change his position in life with others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hearing the voice Henderson gives a head nod, that made four, more than enough for this..good.

"Oi, another one ehh? Well hell fire. Come on Lad I ain't got all day. Though surprised you would come,.." As if about to call the man some sort of title or nickname the Scottsman stops himself short, there was no point telling more of what he knew, least not now, but the question was reasonable enough.

"As I said the Lass has problems..she was formerly and maybe even currently a member of GRU. The whole USSR was lost but they've been taking it back bit by bit..not that that matters to us for now...what matters is the Lass is as venomous as she seem'd yah know. As of now, no matter what else she might be, shes in the UN, what do you think will happen if she switches back and finds a weapon..." Leaving it at that, it was likely the Major would cause an inccident.

As the four arrive at the motorpool, the Warrant Officer takes position behind the wheel, startin the American made jeep. "Plans simple lads, hole in the soviet Security, and we'll go in, give a few Glasglow kisses, and drag the damn Russkie out, hopefully co-operatively. If not...well..I'll deal with that." Turning on the engine and slapping the stick into gear, as soon as the rest got in, nevermind if they were buckled up at all, the Warrant Officer smashes his foot down on the Gas. "Well anymore questions?"

"I see. To be expected, but sad nonetheless. Even when faced with extinction we fight among ourselves." Rolando remarked, after being briefed on the situation. It was nothing new to him, as soon after the BETA invasion had taken the world by surprise the alliances between nations had quickly fell into disarray. "Why of course I'll be helping, what kind of person would I be not to." he answered confoundedly when asked whether he would lend his assistance. To him, the moment he had asked what was wrong he was willing to help.

Jogging amid the group's middle as they arrived at the motorpool, Rolando went around the jeep's rear and hopped into the front passenger seat before the vehicle jerked forward. Placing a hand on the dash to support himself he looked over at the warrant officer before the two in the back. "Who's going to recover the Major?" he asked.

"...Why do we have to worry about her getting a weapon? ...Why would she need to get a weapon anyway?" Christopher questioned groggily. It was obvious he wasn't much interested in what was going on. He just wanted the situation dealt with so he could go back to sleep.

Christopher had all kinds of questions, but simple settled for the two. What, did a Russian officer with a willingness to kill somehow get kidnapped on base? The idea was a bit hard to believe. Then again, he did recently blow himself up through a means he wasn't entirely sure of himself. Also, from how the man, Henderson, spoke, he seemed more worried about whomever was giving the woman trouble rather than the cripple herself. Just what the hell was going on in this base? Aside from the man's rash driving. The American almost toppled over when he slammed on the gas.

Kosuke followed closely, taking in the words of the Warrant Officer, 'So... Others are going to get hurt and not the Major...' he thought as they made it to the motor pool. "Ironic" he said under his breath as they approached an empty jeep.

He took a seat in the back on the opposite side of the American pilot. He didn't bother to buckle up, just used his legs to wedge himself into the seats as he ran through any number of things that would never have happened to him in Japan. 'Breaking into a Russian military installation.' he said in his mind, 'Kidnapping a Russian Major from herself.' he continued, 'Killing things other than BETA.' He paused, a sudden sense of nausea threatening to overwhelm him, 'Killing people.' He wasn't too sure about the last one. But he had a nagging feeling that it was a possibility given the circumstances.

He leaned forward, giving the Spanish Captain a tap on the shoulder to get his attention. He yelled over the sound of the American made engine and wind, "I can give her a go!---" he looked at the American and back to the Spaniard, "They gave us a great deal of training in the subjugation of humans before they even let us touch a TSF due to our close combat orientation...! But you are the one normally wearing armor. Don't you have hand to hand training?!" his voice made it clear that he was willing to try, as long as the Captain had a good answer why he shouldn't be the one grabbing the Major.

Jack had gotten around to browsing the items available in the shop, though as it turned out, nothing in particular caught his eye. He looked at the clock and sighed as his shoulders dropped. He had used up quite an amount of time pretty much doing nothing, which is exactly what he wanted not to do. As he walked over to the designated dorm, he noticed that he didn't run into the people he went through the simulation with, but he didn't think much of it, assuming that they must be off doing their own thing or something. Oh well, he could at least head over to the designated bunk room so that he could stare at the ceiling, coming up with fancy quips to say while fighting BETA, even if he may or may not actually use them. He liked to think that if he wasn't so timid, he'd be a clever bastard.

He opened the door, poked his head in, and looked to the left and right. He saw that girl who was pissed at Kosuke for talking down to him, and she didn't seem in a talkative mood. He walked in and sat at a top bunk towards the middle-left of the room. He spoke a little quietly, but in this quiet, he was clearly audible.
"I don't know what I want to do. I'm just going to hang around in here."

"All of'yah just shut your holes for now, won't be no kill'n if we can help it. Will take longer explain'n than it will ta sort it...things aren't simple." Shutting the group up the Jeep swerves to take cover behind a loading area for the airbase, thinking on the primary issue at hand, the Scotsman motions with his head briefly taking his eyes off the path ahead. "Let the Sleepy American take the Lass, not like he's gonna do piss all else." Turning his attention back the...well open ground. The Warrant Officer lets the officers continue about with their talk or whatever else they had to say.

Suddenly stopping the jeep at a rather cluttered area, the Warrant Officer exchanges a wave with a patrolling Soviet Sergeant in his 30's by the looks of him. "Sokolav, fancy see'n yah ere..seems I lost one of the Colonels pups on yer side O'the Field."

"I can't let you across Here Henderson, you know that...if I see you I have to report it..more so today, I know the pup you are looking for, down by bay 12." The Soviet soldier says in reply, hand on the AK-74 he carried with him, looking a bit gruff and annoyed it seemed he wanted no part what was happening.

"Oi, would ya look at that, somethin' by yer Feet. Well yah can't let me through, I understand..what with yah have'n to see me and the others..wouldn't want that." Reaching into his back pocket and throwing a glass flask as he dismounts from the Jeep the Warrant officer smiles thinly as the Soviet Soldier turns his back to the group, taking his sweet time in picking up the glass bottle.

"My this is a mysterious bottle of...water..ah would you look at that Comrade Warrant Officer, it seems I pulled my back while reaching for this..ah the problems of old age Nyet?, well you get on to patrolling your side."
With the unspoken agreement regardless of how corrupt it was, Henderson has the four across the boundary, as the Soviet Soldier calls in his sector as all clear via a hand radio.

Reaching the named bay, the Warrant Officer while being the most junior member here seems to be calling the shots. "Oi Shinny Bastard take the Jap with yah and give em a right good rumble. Sleepy Head, yah grab the Major, don't care if she bites yah, get er the hell out of ere.. Oi...this ain't good.." Up ahead it seemed the soviet crew men had taken to beating the woman, gagged and bound, though the leader of it, a young male was loosening those bindings in order to move her to the fence. She would need some ice on her after this was all done. That was for sure.

As the Spaniard and Japanese begin their own assault Henderson is slightly amused, as the former remarks on not being as spry as he used to be while punching one of the soviets in the face, and getting a ringing sound as another foolishly punches his armor plate. The Japanese for his part sweeps up and retains two others with a series of Judo style grapples.

This however causes the remaining leader to panic as his two underlings go for wrenches or anything else they had. Taking her up next to him, a screwdriver to the Majors throat a trickle of blood begins to run, with the woman's tears and terrified expression suddenly vanishing. "...Easy there la.." Before he can finish however, the Major quickly arm grips her opponent in the way one was taught to go for a knife, throwing him over her, the soldier lands with a thud, then as suddenly a viscous snap can be heard as force is applied, either breaking or dislocating the soldiers arm.

Applying more force, it seemed she wasn't done, as her cold hard stare settles on the screwdriver. Reaching for it with clear intent, her knees go forward, pressing into his chest, causing more damage. "...you'll all get a turn soon..its fun, games like this.." Raising the spike above the soldiers eye, he suddenly regrets his choice, peering up at that smiling face, a sense of dread fills him.

"Bloody hell! Oi! Yank, grab er ass and run! I'll deal with this..and get that gods damn screwdriva away from her...you two boys go with em..I got this...the lot of you do remember this Land belongs to the United Kindom. Has a Wales, and England, Ireland, though da bastards don't like that, and a Scotland. There is no Soviet Union in it a all..Isn't that right Cap'n!?" Henderson yells to a few shadowy observers from within the hangar.

While the soldiers at first seem defiant, they reluncantly agree, turning their backs with various curses, as the three men do their own given roles. "See to your man..he took a nasty tumble from that railing..you get me..otherwise might round up a few of the boys from Glasgow and Belfast may be pay'n back yer Kindness.." Bowing lightly with a tip of his head, the five were soon back to the base, surprisingly after an initial attempt to fight the American, plus some screaming and yelling, with an occasional face swing, and a bit of a restraint on the part of the Spaniard, the Russian falls asleep. Letting the American return her to her own room with the Spaniards supervision, the Scotsman was glad his part in this was done.

(Will reply to who ever needs it for this "day" otherwise we are jumping ahead. The post might be a bit shit, but I'm tired and want it over with.)

The following day the Colonel pieced most of this together and was none too pleased, however testing was still being done and would continue the next couple of days. With Ebner calling in the unit the following morning. "Greetings Comrades, we have four days remaining and I would like to hear tactical opinions in operating and naming the unit. We cannot fill any possibly used national or UN formations, so I've worked out a basic Wedge formation we'll be using." With Tatiana returning to her job of working the projector, the 12 man unit is split into two teams, 7 to the front, 5 to the rear.

A triangle formation would lead with an element of two on its flanks. So far on the front was Lucia herself on the right rear, Kosuke on the front center, and Rolando on the left. For the corner units, Jack and Erika were paired on the left, while Tatiana and Marvus on the right.

"The frontal unit will act grouped as so, or as tripe or double unit formation as the situation warrants. The Rear unit will always be operational together and contain fire support elements." Now bringing it up, Sam was at the center, flanked by Christopher and Drago, who were in turn flanked by the units two Impact guards Seras and as of now was the same French pilot from before. "This allows the Mobile assets to assist one another while keeping rear firepower on hand to respond...regardless, those of you who have suggestions to add I would like to hear them. If you have none then there is no more to say." With a head nod Tatiana sets the projectors remote down, she herself had nothing to add for now, but would remain.

"And Captain Salamanca, I would like to speak with you when we are done. Other than that, Alcohol rations have been released today, and Henderson seems to have gotten some hamburger meat into the mess for todays meal. Enjoy it. Dismissed."
With that the final few days some of the other pilots would have were on hand.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
She was outright pissed by his ongoing attitude, and all of it was happening because of the authority this Petrov guy had. Erika glared at him during his little talk and explanation. The woman complied and listened on the tape recorder. The voice on the other end was honestly not surprising. That's the only thing she has left. A relative, a sister. She had the tape recorder in her hand before she stopped it mid-way. She had heard enough to know what the man was playing at.

The East German was angry, and did not let go of the tape recorder. Her hand however, which had grasped the said object, was clenched. Petrov made it quite clear with his threats. What he'd do to his sibling if she did not listen or do what she would be told. However, the woman was able to catch something despite her anger building up. How was she similar to the Colonel. 'What? Do they have something on her too?' She curiously thought to herself before she cut right to the chase. "And just for how long am I to listen to someone like you.." The woman almost mockingly asked. The sight of the man was pathetic. Him resorting to something like that, well the people behind all of this was just as despicable as Petrov.

Erika knew that at some point, enough would be enough, but how long would they hold her sister against her will. How long would she have to listen to his words and do what she was told. At this point she felt that the situation may never end, and she'd have to be just accept the position she's in. For now, she would play the same game, and see how the man would respond or proceed with this in the future. Hopefully find a way out from this.

Perhaps the Colonel was an option, but that could also be a trap. A few scenarios and possibilities ran through her head before she stood up. Apparently, Petrov was done talking to her, and would use her for something small and rather not something more like a spy. However another question came to her mind. Is there actually a spy inside this UN base? Maybe thats the Colonel? There were risks she couldn't take. The woman stood up before she turned around, walking towards the exit, before she stopped in her tracks.

Erika still had the tape recorder in her hand, before she threw it against the wall, smashing it into pieces. "This voice.. How do I know its her?"

During the transfer into the next day, some would have already gotten the chance to possibly meet a new addition to their crew. Present during the morning debriefing, the mentioned Impact Guard, Seras was present. Standing at a tall 6'1 compared to most women, she had dark colored hair, dark skin, plenty traits to show she was not from Europe but her name sounded otherwise. She was likely easy on the eyes for some but paid no 'extra' looks any mind as she sat through the briefing. Waiting for an opportune moment of silence, she decided to close the distance with the rest of the crew present that had not had the chance to possibly meet her through yesterdays random events. Giving a slightly informal two-finger salute, the Egyptian woman grinned as she spoke in perfect English, "First Lieutenant Seras Sinclaire, one of many among you. As of yesterday I've been transferred into your unit so I hope to get along with the rest of you well, and if you're so inclined, your equipment as well. I'll be piloting an EF-2000 model TSF with the usual marksmen loadout, that being an Em-kay fifty-seven Assault Cannon. Glad to fill a once empty role in your formation. Impact Guard out there, mechanic on foot, if you ever want something looked at, hopefully I'm your girl."

The Day Before

Kosuke had sat in the back of the jeep, the Major rested in a state of syncope in-between the American and him. It had been easy. Almost too easy. 'The Russian's weren't trained in hand to hand... At least not as extensively I had expected for such an... aggressive nation.' he had thought, mulling over the lack of weaponry that he had so very much thought would be present and the surprising lack of skill from those he had encountered and subdued. 'Except for that.' his mind wandered as he looked at the Major, the image of her reeling back to plunge a screwdriver into a helpless mans skull flashing across his mind.

An intense chill quickly rose from the small of his back and traveled with blinding speed up to his neck. Kosuke shivered noticeably at the feeling, not sure if it was because of the wind or due to the fact that the Major had just attempted a field-lobotomy in front of him. "Well fuck." he said aloud as he turned to look at the base scenery as it sped by, his eyes focusing on nothing in particular.

Kosuke raised his hand as if he were an elementary schooler, but he did not wait to be called upon before he spoke. "Ma'am, it's my opinion that we shouldn't be placing an inexperienced pilot---" he shot a demeaning stare to the young American Lieutenant, "--- in the wedge," he paused and then continued, "He'll be a liability, not just for himself but for Lieutenant Brenvahl and the rest of the formation as well. But I can accept it." he gave a smile, a small hint of remorse showing across his face, "But as it seems there is no other choice, and he will be in capable hands." with that Kosuke gave a quick nod to Erika.

Letting out a sigh he spoke up once more, "On to a less pressing matter Ma'am. The naming of the Unit... I propose the name 'Valkyries'. The Norse women of battle, that would fly across the battlefield choosing who would live and who would die..." he glanced out a small sky light and quickly refocused on the Commander, "Commander, we may not decide which of us live or die, that sort of thing will never truly be up to us pilots. But we sure as hell can decide how many of the BETA we take with us before the real Valkyries claim their next fighters." he let out a breath, a bit louder than he had expected and was slightly surprised at how nervous he had gotten proposing the name to the unit. 'No need for something so meager to bother me.' he mused, a smirk on his face.

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
The Day Prior

"Absolutely, and we're not the enemy. The BETA would be better fit for your retribution as would all of us. They have taken our homes, our cherished ones. And if we insist on infighting they will surely destroy us." Rolando said, alongside the Warrant Officer. Appealing to mutual survival, he thought it best in order to convince those before them. As they turned their backs and Christopher grabbed the Major the now five of them were soon back in the Jeep and on their way back to base. "That went well." Rolando commented with a smile before noticing the Major's scowl in which it faded. Not long after there was exchange in words before she started causing a ruckus and kneed Christopher in the face.

tumblr_mmwtvfQ90i1rcj8eco1_500.gif

Screaming and yelling as she swung at the two in the back, Rolando eventually stood up in the Jeep and placed the Major in a bear hug from behind, restraining her arms in the process. With the Warrant Officer yelling at him to sit down or fall out of the vehicle and the Major kicking at the two Lieutenants, Rolando asked her nicely to calm down. In which case she didn't, he then asked for the two in back to secure her legs. Attempting to but initially failing the Warrant Officer talked of stopping the vehicle and hogtying her before her body went limp. Seemingly falling unconscious during the struggle she posed no further aggression. Content with that, Rolando let her go and had the two in the back keep watch over her until they returned. He then accompanied Christopher to the Major's quarters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With arms crossed as was her custom, Sam was present for the meeting, but only just. She had nothing to add nor cared for what the unit would be named. As far as she was concerned she only had to follow orders and avoid death. Leaving upon being dismissed she began heading for the regimental store, but stopped when she heard Kosuke once again talking low of the rookie. Jaw locking in annoyance she turned and thought about saying something, but met eyes with the colonel and could tell now wasn't the place. Resuming her departure she would go see if there were any books worth losing pay over.

"You want into Valhalla?" Drago asked of lieutenant Kosuke at his side. Not waiting for an answer he abruptly added. "Its sounds nice dah, bute no Rakia." Looking up to the Colonel at this, he gives his own suggestion without allowing proper time for Kosuke's to be addressed. "Makosh. Serrrb gooddess. We make her smile and bring luck. I'm sure she be happy if we use name." he said with a smile and without much explanation.

Acknowledging the Colonel's need to speak with him, Rolando stayed behind as the others dismissed. Smiling lightly at the words of his amigo, he was tickled that Drago, a man of luck by most standards, was in need of even more. Though, the act of praising and appeasing gods and goddesses had long fallen out of style except for the few religions that remained. Viewed as backwards and a hinder to progress, those opinions didn't stop history from painting a different picture as Rolando knew. While there were many who suffered for their deities there were also those who favored. Warriors and leaders such as Alexander The Great who paid their respects and seemingly won the support of the god's in their conquest. Wondering what the Colonel would think on the matter Rolando chose to stay silent. Musing to himself that maybe Drago's luck would convince her to use the name in place of Kosuke's or his own.

Last edited:
Marvus listened to the Commanders description of the combat formation, this time he would be placed alongside Tatiana, Marvus guess as he would be acting as a Gun Sweeper, it made sense to place a slightly longer ranged, ranged force alongside the Strike Vanguard whom would be close in with the enemy, he had heard rumours though that the Major had been involved in an incident but decided it wasn't any of his business, one has to be careful where they stick their nose otherwise it can end swiftly for them.

Marvus would make a few notes that he would pass over to Cmdr Ebner, these included the strong suggestion of bringing as many MK.57 Squad Support Guns as possible to provide in-land artillery support at short notice as well as the suggestion of keeping any TSA's to the rear to support the founding of any Forward Operating Bases.

However, he didn't have a name of the unit, though he would listen to the others considerations, though the others were producing ideas with good merit too them.

In the time since...

Marvus had noticed that another rather interesting person had joined the unit, a member of the British Army, it was a relief of sorts to have another member of the British Forces in the group, though Marvus was too old and worn to worry about who he was fighting alongside, war was war and we did have a common enemy in the BETA.

We will drink once for the dead before the battle and once again for the Living after the battle, it would be soon that days of reckoning would be upon them, they would face the enemy in the flesh once again, to regain what was once theirs all those years ago.

With the knowledge that alcohol rations had been realised, Marvus wondered whom would join him of the old guard round the table for a drink, one does never forget those whom they had fought alongside who hadn't made it back.

Marvus sat himself down in the mess hall, he had aimed for a quite time to compose himself in the memories of old, he found himself an isolated lonesome area, he sat a strong shot of rum in front of him, in addition to a picture of his daughter, Marvus sat their to reflect, to remember, sometimes it was as if those whom you had sat around this table once before were there again, Marvus sometimes swore everytime he did this he could see the figures of those who hadn't made it...

Petrov smiles at the girls question he didn't have to answer anything at all. She simply had to listen and obey, but at times even dogs needed a bone. "You'll have to find out for yourself in regards to the Colonel, but is that really such a good idea?" Snickering a little he motions with his right hand as if shooing away a dog. "As to the girl, I can have more blood drawn, or maybe even allow you to speak to her sometime. How does that sound? As to how long you listen to me. My girl I plan to climb high up the ladder, so you always will in some capacity...if you mean in this job..Well that I cannot say..we'll say until the Mainland has been retaken. Though maybe less. Fortunes often change. Now leave."

With that it was clear Petrov would say no more, as his cold blue eyes gaze beyond the young East German, zeroed in on the door. "You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow, I suggest you focus on that. For you may die well before I."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"At ease Seras, minus on the field or with others on the field I'm not much for formalities." She says eying the woman over...what in the hell was she eating to grow that tall..would be a safe bet to take on this one in any streangth games...well unless the Serbian was at the table.. Though her attention was soon diverted elsewhere.
For her part Lucia sighs, a brief exhale of breath, she would try and reason with the pilot, but ultimately it didn't matter if the Japanese man was happy with the situation or not. "We all started out green at some point, if he dies he's replace, thats true of us all." Suddenly Kosuke's tune changed...was he that concerned he would of been teamed with the new guy? Or was he objecting just to be on record? "...regardless we only have so many pilots and plenty of missions, he'll advance or..well he won't. I am sure you understand this Lieutenant."

Moving on to his name suggestion, this was rather trivial affair, but it was an important part of esprit de corps. American units of note loved naming their squadrons and the practice had even filtered down to Elite Soviet Units had taken up the practice. The Chinese of note used Historical National Hero's. "I'll List it with the others I've been Suggested Lieutenant Tanizaki."

Turning her attention to the Serb and his own suggestion she chuckled lightly, it was an amusing suggestion, however if she named her Squadron Jesus Flight or some such she had a feeling her own god would take grave offense at such notions.

"All of your suggestions will be placed on the wall in the flight room, simply make a slash under it for your own choice."

With that out of the way unless there were further objections or suggestions, there was a conversation she wanted to finish with the Captain..
"Tell Me Rolando, earlier a few days ago, you seemed to have known me...I've been under a great deal of.." Pausing to think of the word she couldn't tell him renegade remnants of the Stasi with help of the KGB had kidnapped her family and she was carrying out orders under duress. "..stress.. After all the Major General who was in command, passed away, so I had to take the job." With that out of the way she makes a motion with her right hand as if to tell him to lead off. The mess or rec room would be good places to speak, better than a cramped briefing room.

Well provided no one needed her of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For her Part Tatiana wastes no time leaving the briefing room, she thinks back on the days previous events, ...the American seemed to have left quickly. Feeling a bit sorry...well in the way a child would at least for kneeing him viscously in the face. She also wailed on the Spaniard a bit, though she had a feeling he wasn't as nearly bad off. Making her way around the base, maybe she would get a drink, or apologize to the American, whichever came first...though for now she needed to head towards the medical bay, she couldn't afford to miss her medication for more than a handful of days or..

Setting that thought aside the Esper walks off humming a soft tune of some sort. She didn't know what it was, only that it was imprinted on her, and her so called sisters.

OOC suggested names plus a couple of my own creation will be listed in the OOC thread tmmrw, I'll allow people to comment vote on it while we do our things. When the vote is done/and or things need to move on, I'll have the squadron name presented at the start of the operation.

Kosuke listened and nodded along as the Commander put her thoughts in on his statements. "True." he said as she passed over the bit about everyone starting green, and giving an encouraging "mmm" when she stated how he would be replaced if he died. 'Simple as that.' he thought as he gave the American a glance.

His features were young, no more than a conscript or an early volunteer into the US training programs. He reeked of inexperience, and worse, he almost seemed to wear it as a shield 'An excuse' for his short comings. He had been slow in the simulation, Kosuke was sure he wasn't the only one that had noticed. The Brit had even taken out the time to show the boy a reloading technique in the middle of battle. To make it worse the boy was over-eager, upon seeing the Laser Class he had quickly dashed off without backup or orders putting the entire landing in jeopardy; and Kosuke was almost positive he still didn't realize that fact even now; and even managed to get himself quickly smudged off the playing field. He was uninitiated in true combat with the BETA, and if there were anything more than Tank Class at the landing zone, Kosuke was sure the greenhorn wouldn't make it through unless he pulled some second-coming-of-Jesus type bullshit.

The Commander finished and Kosuke stood to leave, but stopped himself just before doing so. He turned to the young American, "Yo." he said to get his attention and waving a hand as he approached him.

"I get that you're inexperienced." he said, gathering his words, "But that doesn't make up for rash decisions. It doesn't make up for putting an entire operation, something bigger than you, at risk." he looked the boy up and down; Kosuke seeming to tower over him with their difference in height; before continuing, "You're just a lowly Gun Sweeper, you can be replaced sure. But it doesn't make up for the fact that during a mission, when the real lead is flying and real lives are on the line, that you're required to complete the mission. If you make a decision based off of emotion out there, or off of---" he scoffed and barely pushed the Americans shoulder, "--of training from a country that doesn't truly know what fighting the BETA is like..."

He took a breath, trying to calm himself, "...You will die." he gave a twisted smile, "Don't get me wrong Blake, I couldn't give a shit if you die, but with your death..." he motioned to a few of the pilots close by so that Blake would understand, "The entire mission, or another members life will be put on the chopping block." he stopped, composing his thoughts before he was too far gone with rage to speak coherently.

"So think before you leap." he said, giving a pat on the Americans shoulder, his eyes almost giving an apology for what he had just done.

Glancing to Lieutenant Brenvahl he started once more, "And for God's sake, Listen to the First Lieutenant."

@Dahrinn

The Commander had dismissed Jack and his allies. Kosuke had made a few remarks regarding his lack of experience. Jack didn't want to blame him for it. He essentially had just been another gun to take down BETA before knocking over a laser class. Not very long after they were all dismissed, Jack wasn't surprised when Kosuke had appeared to confront him directly. He certainly spoke his mind, and while he put it about as harshly as he possibly could, he shared the same concerns that Jack had of himself. He seemed, at least, to realize how harsh he was being by the look.
"I... understand your concern. I understand my chances of survival. My Low chances of survival. I understand that my country has been a bit of a wuss in what is single-handedly the greatest tragedy to ever happen to mankind."

He turned his head towards the floor.
"I understand that If I'm turned into a burning pile of slag, someone might trip over me."
"I understand that if a thousand of those big, ugly, freaks are on my ass, trying to pry open my TSF like a tin of sardines, that somebody's gonna want to get them off of me."
"I understand that I may put others at risk."

He looked back up, while moving to lean against a wall.
"There isn't a thing you say to me that hasn't been haunting me since I was told;"

His voice raised slightly as he mad a mock voice of his commander before he was sent on this mission.
"Hey Jack! You did sort of good in these training exercises that don't help you with shit. Hope you like BETA, cause you'll be seeing lots of 'em!"

He went back to his normal voice. Though he was speaking louder.
"So... if you see me being chewed like a corn-cob in a latex jumpsuit, you can just pass on by."
"I goddamn understand what's at stake here. I'm not battle-hardened. I'm barely skilled. I couldn't even have been given an American TSF. Don't think for a moment that I'm just going on my merry way, content in my own insignificance!"

He looked around for a moment, and continued.
"I'm going to fight with everything I got. If I have to lay down my life, I will. And if I go down, I'm going to try my hardest that it's so that the others get an advantage."

He paused for a moment, and then leaned against a wall... looking back down to the floor. His voice dropped back to it's normal tone and volume.
"If I could have received better training, or combat-experience, or a near-supernatural affinity for ripping those monsters to pieces, I would have. But I have to start somewhere, and this is where I was put. I will give it everything I got..."

One more brief pause.
"Sorry for that... outburst. I've been under stress."

He slouched further on the wall, putting a hand on his head, hoping that he didn't just cause more problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Detective Zero
The Day Before

There was no chance in hell for her to believe in the man before her. Petrov just wanted to use her for himself. Was he the one running this entire thing? Holding someone dear to her at gun point, and where Erika would just listen and comply. Something like that would only last for a certain amount of time before it'll become void. The East German was not going to just sit by and do what was told, however for now, she would have to do exactly that, see how things are before taking any action. If a beneficial opportunity presents itself, she would kill the man herself. 'At least some of us are out there fighting for mankind, unlike those who sit behind a desk and bark orders at other. Tch!'

Erika was pissed and left the room, there was no reason to continue the useless conversation with Petrov.

------------

A few new faces among others that were a part of the unit under the Colonel were gathered. The East German was there next to the others, but her mind was somewhere else. Unfortunately, Petrov had gotten to her, mentally. Her eyes were focused on the rest as they voiced their opinions about what the name for their unit should be. Honestly, to her, it didn't matter, nor did she really care. But what was really going on was that nothing during the meet was registerring with her. Her blue eyes were facing the surface, whereas she occasionally glanced over at Kosuke, Colonel Ebner and a few others.

Once a few of the people left while a few others remained, her attention was brought back by Lieutenant Kosuke and the Rookie Blake. As again, the Japanese pilot started to lecture the man as he did back in the locker room. Her blue eyes squinted ever so slightly, but this time she did not interrupt him, even if he sounded condescending. Was the man so much against this Rookie? The simulation was precisely to find these mistakes and to sharpen ones reflexes while also bettering themselves for what's really out there.

However, this time, Rookie Blake was not the one to sit back and take it. The man understood his position, and fairly well at that. His constant outbursts and mood swings was actually surprising. He must've bottled up these feelings inside him for quite some time. Her eyes glanced over at Kosuke. What the Japanese pilot said also held some truth. They were all fodder to the BETA. They were all there to make sure the BETA couldn't advance further. They were all there to make sure the humanity still had some lingering chance in this world.

Erika did look over at Kosuke when he mentioned her a few times, since the Blake was assigned with her. Once the Rookie Blake apologized for his attitude, she finally decided to actually take her mind off of things and interrupt. "Thats what the simulation was for, is for. You can still use the simulation to become a better pilot. Hone your combat skills, see how you would fare against them. Even if its a virtual reality. However you should always keep one thing in mind. It is not exactly the same when you're actually out there, fighting these.. Abominations."

Turning slightly to the side, she moved past Kosuke without talking to him. "Other than that, I look forward to working with you Blake."

Standing beside a tall book shelf, within the base's store, Sam was busy going through the contents of a blue book in her hands while two others rested against her side under her arm. The mess of books in front of her were a mix of old and new, fiction and non-fiction, and displayed about as much order as a piggy bank full of coins would. Taking her time, she'd been pulling out each book that didn't have a title on its spine. Looking to the cover or the inner pages for their subjects. Upon finding the one in her hands unsavory she placed it back in its original spot before pulling out another.

It fortunately had a large golden inked title that read "Two Years Before the Mast" accompanied by two equally gold anchors and a large photo of a sail boat. Placing it along with her other books she scanned the shelf one last time before heading to the store's cashier desk. Placing the book along with Isabel and the sea, and Gulliver's Travels she asked for their price. "How much?"

"Stress is it?" Rolando responded in question. He hardly figured her to struggle with producing the word "stress" of all things. Regardless, he took the lead as gestured before adding "I imagine so." and proceeding to the door of the briefing room. Holding it open, he waited as the former Major walked through before heading in the direction of the rec room. Matching pace with her he kept to her side while they continued through the halls. "I heard about the Major General's death. It was quite unanticipated and abrupt. I can't imagine what it's like replacing a position like that at a moments notice. You have my sympathy." As they rounded the corner he changed the topic to their previous encounter. "It was during Operation Ouka. You may remember the assault on the Budapest Hive. I was there along with the others under your command. There wasn't much time for luxury, only enough for fulfilling orders. Ones that greatly depended on our performance. It was a very tense and chaotic time, so I don't fault you for forgetting, less remembering."

Pleased with his suggestion's acceptance, Drago turned and headed directly for the mess hall. Craving burgers as much as his alcohol rations he loaded a plate with as much he was allowed, being warned by the cooks in the process, before taking his meager glass of Slivovitz. Looking around at the people seated he spotted a familiar face in the British officer from their unit. Walking to his table, he hardly waited a second before tipping the glass of fruit brandy and drinking till it was half gone before coming to a stop. Choosing to sit directly across from the Lance Sergeant, Drago noticed his eyes didn't move to greet him. Instead, they were focused on a picture of a little girl before him. Paying it no mind, Drago simply ate while waiting for the man to take notice.

Last edited:
Kosuke eased up, and let Blake speak.

'They're not answers... They're statements.' he thought as Blake continued. Kosuke watched, intently. Listening to every word and noting the young pilots physical response as he spoke, 'Scared? Definitely... Disappointed?' Blake changed tones and Kosuke paid a bit more attention, 'A little.' Kosuke couldn't help but try and follow Blake through his moment, catch everything he could possibly catch. It would be important later. To understand ones inner-self was one of the best ways to put out your all, to perform at your best. To understand another, just made it easier to anticipate their actions, and their possibility of becoming a liability in combat.

As far as Kosuke was concerned, as Blake spoke, he was no longer a dead-man-walking and he made a note to mentally scratch his name of the list leaving just the TSA pilot all to her lonesome. 'Just a liability' he thought about Blake as he seemed to be coming to an end, his words winding down and his body becoming less tense then when he had started. Erika put in her two cents on the matter, short and sweet, a response that Kosuke couldn't say he didn't see coming, but definitely hadn't pinned it as the one the veteran pilot would have chosen. He nodded to Erika as she left likely unnoticed.

"No need to apologize Lieutenant." Kosuke said, "We've all been under stress, some more than others... And understandably." he peered around searching his mind for something to do, the offer of a table in the mess hall from the Brit seeming to float it's way into sight. "You've got a way to go kid." he said as he put his attention back on Blake, "If you die out there---" his voice was chilling and his face was an unreadable wall, "---Which I don't doubt you will. Stay true to yourself." he patted Blake on the shoulder and turned to the doors placing one arm up in the air giving a wave.

"Make it count." he said as he started walking away.

"And hey, the drinking age in Great Britain is eighteen. Maybe come to the mess and use up that alcohol ration of yours? There's bound to be a few other pilots there, maybe you'll learn something!" his voice was more inviting but seemed to lack some innate trait to make it genuinely friendly, "Might as well thank the Queen for allowing you the chance to do so before you die!" with that he turned the corner and made his way to the mess hall.

In the Mess Hall

Kosuke made his way up to the line in the mess hall, taking a burger and as much whiskey as his ration allowed, which was 'Damn...' he thought as he eyed the glass and walked around the tables. He spotted the Brit sitting at a table and the Serb across from him. He made his way over and took a seat next to the hulking Serb. There was a silence between the two, but it didn't seem as though it was a heavy silence, more like a welcome silence. He didn't add any sound to the table and instead started on his burger. A delicacy that he hadn't experienced in a while, leaving the whiskey for later.

@Dahrinn

"Ah..yes it was rather abrupt..so was getting the job and a promotion before his corpse was even buried.." Lucia says with a sigh, there was little to be done about it, never mind those other issues of hers...least not now." As the pair walk along the halls most others seem to keep out of the way, or stop briefly to snap a salute, but that was typical of any Military installation. Struck by Rolando's mention of Operation Ouka, the large scale global offense that ultimately only was a diversion that managed to weaken the BETA and allowed the orbital attack forces to attack the main hive. Though details of the operation were still under-wraps, the BETA didn't seem as..able to respond to attacks as they had for decades prior.

In fact humanity had retaken ground in Siberia and Korea, while preparing offenses into Eurasia as a whole...though that wasn't important to the task at hand. Thinking back to that day, it was a large UN attack with the support of Soviet Ground forces, losses were massive. That was years ago..dimmed by time and pain, she honestly had forgotten the Spaniard, with a few other things from that day. Loses amongst the UN forces North were in excess of 30%, and the Orbital Strike force suffered even greater loses, to the point they had yet to be deployed again. Pausing her walk, the Lt Colonel motions with her head for the Captain to follow. "Maybe a game of some sort?..as to that..far too many faces that I met on that day did not return. Too bad we never even seen the hive."

In truth they barely made it past the Baltic's, so intense the BETA assaults were, that forward movement deep to the hive wasn't possible. Of course at the time most soldiers in the Operation didn't know it was a diversion, only that it was an attack meant to take back the lost homelands. So they fought and many died. "Yes that operation, I was just a Wing Commander at the time, you were part of on of our sister squadrons." With the man in tow, there was so far no one else in here, knowing what his home meant to him, well there was no harm in asking a few things..or rather pointing them out potentially. "Hmm..Tell me Captain, you are aware if we win the France Campaign this will also free Spain and most of Central Europe yes?" Given how BETA operated around a reactor the destruction of the single one in France would push the BETA back towards the Minsk and Budapest Hives, on the day of their operation attempts would be made to take anywhere from 4 to 8 hives. While Lucia didn't know the details the brass seemed in a hurry to end this war, as if a time limit of some sorts was in place.

"And that you should be prepared for what you may or may not find..I read your file Captain, you should know as well as I do the BETA leave little." Given your age you should be my superior..yet you stay for revenge. She thinks but does not say aloud, the man by all rights should have earned his rest and retirement and started his family line over...then again here she was because of family. Walking over to a pinball table there was little harm in playing with this unless the Captain wanted to play a game of pool or wanted to have a talk on various issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatiana for her part searches in vain for the American, quickly losing interest he must have found a good hiding spot to sleep. Regardless he would have to come to the mess hall at some point to eat. Unless he was like plants or the BETA living off of some sort of energy batteries or sunlight. When she was hungry she went their to eat, though it took her time to get used to that, beforehand she was simply brought meals and anything else she needed to her room. Though being able to walk around outside or seeing the flowers and strawberries was nice.

With her own mind made up and what logic she could muster, Tatiana heads for the mess hall, where she sees the Japanese, Serb and the Englishman. Staring at them briefly the woman grabs a hamburger steak plate with some mashed potatoes, some processed fruit pudding, who's real nature she didn't care to note. Finishing off with a pair of cookies and oddly a juice, it was both a refined if standard fair meal, and childish. Though she also had placed an order for a small bottle of Vodka to be brought to her later. Taking a seat in the senior officers seating, it was a rather comfortable padded bench much like those found in a typical Restaurant, while not special, it did beat the stools and metal benches the rest of the mess hall had.

Finally her curiosity gets the better of her, tired of watching she picks up her tray and stares at the trio. This silence while not hostile was..strange.. solemn like a funeral almost. "Why are you all sitting around..." No that was stupid they were obviously eating. Minus the Englishman of course. Searching his mind she finds what it was he was staring at that she could not directly see, plucking the image from his mind, it was likely he would see a confusing image or suddenly feel the hairs standing on his neck, people reacted or felt differently when an Esper had managed to unknowingly force out something so simple. Had she tried that on a senior official however... Shaking her head slightly it was now time to piece the information she had on who this girl was.

Ah the Refugee girl he adopted.

"...why are you three sitting here to drink and not in the bar room?...though it doesn't matter to me what you three do." It was of note that all of them seemed to have a different drink. Setting her own tray down at the table, there were no rules saying she couldn't sit there after all, only that doing so was below her station by typical military norms.

(Mission set to start in a few days, maybe as few as two as many as four haven't decided)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.