Mutant, Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I request that the OP be updated with character sheets and a link to the IC? Just for convenience's sake, no rush or anything. .w.

Sorry guys; I got a surprise call from my boyfriend who hasbeen in Germany for three weeks and will be there for another two so I spent yesterday evening chatting to him. I will have posts up as soon as I'm awake and off my phone.

@Moogle-Girl this would probably be a good place to introduce our abilities to one another, since absinthe isnt going to progress anything for a bit

how am i supposed to get involved with your stories?!?!?! until then i shall roleplay a struggling life of a young black mutant lol

Absinthe is fully introducing the first story arc today as a matter of fact.
@Akuma You are the one who placed your character where you did. Improvise.

@Akuma : If your alley is within reasonable distance of the airport, our side of things could swing by you.

oh i know i placed my character away, i did it on purpose to give the story a bit more meaning instead of everyone just starting in one clumped up space, just trying to show what a segregated life would be like @Absinthe

@Razilin i wouldn't mind if it swung by my way, and it easy for me to say its by the airport, he is just kind of sitting there with blood on the side of his head so he wouldnt be hard to spot

and i just thought maybe some people had idea's i didnt know asking would be so wrong of me

Name: Jamie Weber
Alias: Longshot
Species: Mutant
Orientation: lesbian
Role: Mutant Legion - Junior Recruit/vigilante hero
Power(s): Pinpoint accuracy. Jamie never misses. She instinctively knows how to handle any projectile to hit the target every time, and with her accuracy comes a sense of timing that's unmatched. This goes beyond just quick reflexes and borders on having "Spidey Sense."
Advantages: Excellent for long range. She can neutralize an enemy before it's near enough to be a danger.
Disadvantages: While her reflexes are unmatched, it does cause the occasional stress on her body. Her muscles aren't meant to move as fast as her brain wants them to, and she's often left sore. She also has virtually no hand-to-hand combat training.
Height: 5' 8"
Build: Rail thin, lean, and tone.
Hair Colour: Blonde. (Natural? She's not telling.)
Eye Colour: While the color of her eyes, smoky grey, isn't that amazing, the structure of her eyes is. Jamie is dual-pupiled - each eye has two pupils and its own pinpoint depth perception. The iris wraps around the eyes in a delicate figure eight pattern. She wears sunglasses almost constantly to hide this.
Appearance: She's lean, blonde, and her uniform looks like something out of the DC universe. She has a skin-tight dark purple and grey jumpsuit with exposed arms. She keeps her hair tyed back at all times. All over her uniforms are various pockets for guns, ammo, and throwing knives. She uses these weapons mainly to stun, so there are dull blades and stunning rounds in her arsenal.
Background: Jamie grew up in a modestly wealthy family that gave her all the means she needed to take up sports. Archery, shooting, darts - these were her favorites, but the controlled settings of the clubs she attended was boring. Constantly peaking through comics and watching the mutants on the news made her think she should be out there with them. She really bought into the "with great power comes great responsibility" line.

On one of the patrols there was a disturbance at a red carpet event. While not yet a member of the Mutant Legion, she had been there to stop the attack and met her girlfriend, acclaimed actress Emerald Cassidy. With help from some of her Hollywood connections she was able to get a proper costume made. She currently lives with her, always on the call for some sort of mutant hero-type work.
Relationships: Is a huge fan of Asphodel, and has a bit of a crush on her, but hasn't actually met her yet.

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
@Absinthe @Moogle-Girl : any objection to us getting a taxi that so happens to run by akuma's location? Anyone else at the airport?

I think galaxy still needs to make contact?

Not at all, no.

Sorry guys, today started with an inernet outage and just got worse as the day went on. I will have the news updated tomorrow morning hopefully along with a post.

Yes, I still need to make contact. I just wasn't sure what to actually put.

Brief gala notice now up. My laptop is out of commission for a new days, so I'm running entirely on my phone at the moment.

A foundation is holding a gala night to raise funds to help research a cure for the mutant gene. They believe that by targeting children, they can 'cure' them before they pose a risk to society. This might have been started with the best intentions at heart, but rumors abound of mistreatment and even torture in their research facilities. To add fuel to the fire, some of the city's most influential and important people will be in attendance, so any mutant worth their salt won't be able to resist even trying to get in, to have a look around if nothing else.

Absinthe, if you approve my Longshot character I can have her girlfriend, a renowned actress who would surely be invited to the gala, act as a sort of spy to help them find out what's going on.

@Quiet One Of course, approved on both counts. :)

Hey, hope that's okay to get Jamie involved. Do you have a bad guy in mind yet, because that was who I wanted to hire Fallout, a more extreme group of mutants who face off against our hero mutants. I even have a character idea for another mutant, this one evil. ANOTHER CHARACTER?! I KNOW!! SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.