Mutant, Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Edward Cheytski
Alias: Fallout
Species: Mutant
Orientation: Straight
Role: For hire - not even mutants want him around all the time.
Power(s): Absorbing radiation and redirecting it. While it's true radiation isn't a factor of mutant origins, this guy is a walking Chernobyl. He first used his abilities to absorb radiation rather heroically, saving some 4,000 people from a failure at a nuclear plant. However the energy he absorbed made him a walking biohazard. DON'T LET FALLOUT TOUCH YOU.
Advantages: Most anyone would have a hard time fighting Fallout. For humans his powers are an almost guaranteed death sentence, and most mutants have to be wary of how long they're exposed to his radioactivity too. The amount of energy he produces heats things up almost immediately and causes breakdown of normally stable materials at the molecular level.
Disadvantages: His body, while it possess a strong heat barrier, is still very much just as vulnerable to injury as any human. He can get shot, stabbed, or pummeled, so long as the subject fighting him is careful. Pure elements do not decay, so substances like titanium are a good protection against his powers.
Height: 5'11"
Build: Not muscular, but toned (his radiation burns off any excess fat). If he were a little shorter he could almost be called stocky in build.
Hair Colour: A natural redhead, but after the incident his shaved head refuses to grow new hair, and stays short.
Eye Colour: Mud brown with flecks of red and orange. His eyes always appear to be unhealthy and bloodshot.
Appearance: (You know what he looks like, and I'm bad at finding pictures) While the radiation he absorbed did no physical damage, it left a toll on his appearance. His already pale skin is now practically translucent, some of the thicker veins showing their way through. His eyes, as mentioned, are bloodshot. He typically keeps his arms bare to show off the tattoo for the radioactive fallout symbol on his right shoulder. When trying to hide, he covers up in a hoodie.
Background: An American citizen decended from Russia. When his abilities were discovered he was put to work managing a nuclear powerplant. It wasn't great work, but it was managable. Then came the day of near disaster. Cheytski absorbed all of the radiation and in so doing a small nuclear reaction began taking place inside him.

After that he had a hard time getting work or keeping friends. More and more people turned against him for being one of the dangerous people with dangerous powers. Eddy grew bitter at that, but settled for being ignored. Still, money was an issue for someone always travelling, someone nobody wanted around. He became a part of the varying clashing sides for money, not for support of any cause, and always left after he got paid. He never became invested in the ideals of supers or the demands of "terrorists." In his view, they were all screwed up.
Relationships:
Not yet sure.

Okay, how's that?

Name:
Lily Martin

Alias:
Asphodel

Species:
Mutant

Orientation:
Heterosexual

Role:

Senior Lieutenant, Mutant Legion

Power(s): Technopathy -- Cyberpathy

Advantages:
Lily's primary ability is to control and manipulate electronics with her mind. Her power works with or without contact with electronics. She is able to access the technology of broken items as well as working items, and describes her power as 'talking to' machines. She can identify even the slightest signals in technology and can use electronics around her for tracking purposes. Her secondary ability is to intercept, generate, and interpret electronic, digital, and radio transmissions with her mind. Her mind is essentially living wireless hub.
She is immune to mind reading; the sheer amount of information that passes through her mind is enough to shield and disguise her own thoughts.

Disadvantages:
Lily must be in reasonably close proximity to a machine in order to access and control it reliably. While her cyberpathy gives her an extended range, it is a lot trickier to use. While she is one of the most powerful super humans in a metropolitan environment, in isolated, rural locations her abilities almost disappear.
Because she is essentially a living computer, Lily is also susceptible to computer viruses, bugs and taps. While her own mutated immune system is usually enough to take care of it, they can leave powerless and very ill.

Height:
5''7

Build:
Athletic

Hair Colour:
Dyed black and red, naturally a brunette.

Eye Colour:
Grey-green

Appearance:
[x]
Many people, humans and mutants alike, think poorly of Lily's appearance. They think that she should not draw attention to herself, keep her head down and disappear into the crowd. She disagrees, claiming that the public would never believe that a mutant would be so brazen in drawing attention to herself.
As if scarlet red hair and dramatic make up weren't enough, she has a penchant for risque outfits. Corsets and platform boots, fitted leather tops and jackets, short skirts and tight pants; Lily isn't a stereotypical computer nerd. Her main forms of attack lie the right side of a keyboard, and so she isn't bound to practical dress codes.

Background:
Lily Martin was six years old when her powers manifested, six and a half when she was put up for adoption. She has no memory of her birth parents, and despite having the means at her fingertips, no desire to track them down. From an early age she wasn't shy about using her powers, but quickly it was worked out that if she was separated from computers, she was completely powerless. A radical and a rebel already, Lily's powers quickly developed to allow her to create a greater range to work with. Her potential was spotted by a couple from the Legion, and in a desperate attempt to have the 'troubled' child taken off their hands, the children's home turned a blind eye to the mutated nature of child and adoptive parents.
As a result, Lily grew up within the Legion, and received a great deal of training for both her powers and her physical body. The use of something as simple as a signal jam could render her powerless, and so she needed to be prepared to fight if it came down to it.

Her cyberpathy manifested slowly, coming under her full control during her early twenties. A dedicated supporter of the Legion, Lily worked on rising through the rank even as a teenager. Her hard work has paid off, and has secured her place as a senior lieutenant of the movement six months ago. She remains a radical at heart, and despite her abilities potentially allowing her to sit behind a computer screen safely away from the action, rarely sits out on an assignment offered to her.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Name:
Isaac Miller Jr.

Alias:
Cloak, Icy M. ,Shadow

Species:
Mutant

Orientation:
Heterosexual

Role:
As of now he is normal mutant trying to live

Power(s):

Umbrakinesis
User can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance.

Umbra-kinetic Combat
The user can fuse manipulation of darkness with physical combat to create a devastating martial arts. They can use both direct and indirect attacks, utilizing every patch of darkness or shadow available or create tools and weapons as needed.

Advantages:
His powers are much stronger at night, and it adds a bit off a fear factor to his abilities as he slides in and out of shadows

Disadvantages:
Extremely weaker in the sunlight and in the mornings, even though he has his own shadow that follows him his powers are not as fueled as he is limited to what he can create and use on the battlefield. Light cancels out his shadows just as easy as his shadows can do to light.

Height:
6'5

Build:
Isaac's body is well toned but not overly muscular, his body is sculpted almost perfectly but he still lacks the aspect of being big and large.

Hair Colour:
Naturally black

Eye Colour:
His eye color is a very dark brown but due to his powers they seem almost black

Appearance:
tumblr_mexlhilbpk1qfcqfoo1_1280.jpg

His skin tone a bit dark but not dark, his eye color darker than usual as stated, he weighs in at about 202 lbs. and stands at about 6'5, his wingspans that of 6' 10". His upper body and lower body both toned equally so that there is not hard disadvantage with his strength distribution, his hands not to large but long enough. He often wears dark clothing that are often worn around by many of the youth, primarily hoodies and dark sweatpants with dark shoes, anything black is the way to go for him

Background:
Shadow, As most called him when he was younger due to the fact that he was always silent and or standing in the shade. He was accepted by most of the people he was around but being so young and knowing of your weird power influenced the way he saw the world. Inheriting his powers from his father who dissapeared at the beginning of the basic war with humans and mutants, along with his mother a few years later. He had stayed with his grandparents who took care of him in the basic slums of the mutant segregated neighborhood, He rarely smiled but had a laugh that could get under your skin and make you fear of the dark corners. Living so rough he sometimes expressed his fear or confusion through violence, violence as in robbing people. It wasn't hard for him since he could pop out the shadows and drop back into them but it became a problem when he began to think that he should steal from regular people, they wouldn't suspect a thing but it was a much higher risk. Something to make him feel alive and fill his fear with ecstatic energy or a rush of immediate adrenaline, but what shocked him was when another mutant had stopped him a mutant who wished to use his powers to protect those who would go against him in anyway they could. His words strong and his power better, he explained to the young Isaac all what could be done through peace with the humans. That is when Isaac had begun to see what he could do, the young hero had never been seen again by Isaac but his words still linger in the back of his head.

Trying to turn a new leaf, Isaac tried to get along with anyone he could, mutants, humans, anyone who would listen but the humans insisted on not listening and the mutants only worried about how they were going to eat tonight. Isaac had been robbed a few times himself and had been in a few scuffles in the street alleys but no matter how hard he tried none of the would listen to him, He had finally given up and had returned back to his ways of theft, but his grandparents wouldn't allow him in their house if he was to do such a thing. He left, they had already done enough for them and there was only a small chance he could change in a world were his people had to fight each other just to survive the night or to eat another day. In his head he knew he could do good with his powers but, on the other hand how would he survive off of good deeds and thank you's? it was merely impossible, almost as if his life was hit with a stick and beaten until it wouldn't move anymore. A world were humans and mutants cannot coexist is a world were he does not want to be, the humans wage war at any moment, there fingers itching to release a bomb or two on heavy populated area's. there constant fear of a mutant outbreak or of a war that they would loose, the mutants far outnumbering them with strength.

A thought that rushes through his head as he would sleep in the cold alley or the rooftop of an old rundown mutant apartment were he could hear the screams of the night or the cursing of the forsaken family who cannot make enough money to feed their young, the alleyways ridden with some who just give up on life or others who just need a place to rest before their long trek to another terrible world. But what he had failed to realize is the amount of hope the mutant's have and the amount of patience we have, he plots in his head of the day they rise against the humans unfair and unjust treatment, to show them what to really fear and what happens when you oppress a race or species. Something that is stronger than you is bound to break from your grasp and overwhelm you one day whether you like it or not, and the day that the mutants rise is the day he will rise to. And show the world that he is not just a mutant but a proud one, one who can make a change to the world he lives in. Then maybe one day humans and mutants will live together in peace, but those days are a dear dream in Isaac's head, no with the powers he beholds its hard for him to imagine such a world to come but it maybe imaginary.

Relationships:
Mother: Rosey Plimith M.I.A called Deceased
Father: Isaac Miller Sr. M.I.A called Deceased
Bestfriend: Location unknown as of the seperations

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

• Love
Reactions: Absinthe
went a little overboard on the bio and added alot of interesting thoughts..sorry if need be i can change it

@Quiet One @Akuma

Welcome one and all. :) The more detail the better.

@Razilin
We sure do now. I'll try to get it up this evening and link it here as soon as it is. :)

Ta-Dah!

The IC is open, and while it's still only morning time, I'm pretty sure I heard someone say something about a big fancy do later on this evening...

Standard sprawling Metropolitian City on the east coast of the US. :)

@ Quiet One: Since Ebayan and Fallout are both "independent contractors" with similar work histories, would they have a professional level of knowledge concerning one another? Either have worked on a mission together (perhaps a "Noodle Incident", as TV Tropes would call it), or even just having heard about one another? If the latter, the two seem equally experienced and dangerous enough to have professional respect; if the former, a power nullifier would offer a walking AoE the only chance of a friend.

@Razilin: I'm absolutely down with that. I like the idea of them having a healthy respect for one another, and maybe even being something close to friends. However, professionalism would have to come first. I can imagine scenarios where we're hired by opposite sides. If we have respect for one another, we wouldn't wind up killing each other, but we would probably have to fight.

And @Absinthe: Thank you and will try to post this morning if I see a spot. Was wondering about doing a younger female character, too. One with super accuracy so she never misses a target. Thinking of calling her Longshot.

Oh. And I see you have me under Quiet Thing. It's Quiet One.

Last edited:
@Absinthe: I'm curious where our first story arc is going. I am assuming it has something to do with the gala.

@Quiet One
My apologies, it's been fixed. ^_^''
Sure, if you want.

@Razilin
The news will be updated shortly, but it might involve the gala night and some controversial figures.

@Absinthe: ball's in your court. If you needed tips for writing any dialogue on his behalf, Ebayan is the consummately professional type. He is the kindly, unassuming uncle type. Her shoulds should still work on his phone and tablet, even if he touches them.

So I'm assuming we all start at the airport? Just to clarify.

So far I think Shadow is the only one not there.

I'm kind of glad I didn't start this RP. Due to my large load, I don't think I have enough time for it. As a result, I'm dropping this RP before I even start. Sorry! (After contemplating for awhile, I decided it was for the best.)

Status
Not open for further replies.