Mutant, Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the banner for this on the top of the website! Looks good. :)

Yay! My character should be up before then and if not I can weasel them in somehow. :)

Name: Natalya Evans

Alias: Lumina

Species: Mutant

Orientation: Demisexual

Role: Mutant Legion Corporal

Powers:
Radial Vision (seeing around oneself, including through things, without the use of eyes)
Light Manipulation (the ability to adjust, direct, and generally control photons)

Advantages:
Radial Vision enables Lumina to see in her sleep (though it may just intermingle with a dream), see through things (including knowing exactly where a projectile entered her body), and see behind her.
Light Manipulation can be used to light darkness, darken light areas (like right in front of your face), and create holograms or lasers.

Disadvantages:
Radial Vision can't be turned off. If Lumina passes a restroom, she sees inside. If she opens a book, she sees all the pages at once. She spends most of her training time trying to focus and ignore what she sees, leaving less time for improving her other ability.
Light Manipulation takes concentration; if the photons are released, they scatter instantly and must be regathered. Lumina cannot create light from nothing; when she seems to, she is usually gathering the slight glow all warm bodies produce. Holograms are especially tricky, especially if she wants two people to see something simultaneously.

Height: 5'6"

Build: An average build, narrow bones but not overly muscular.

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Grey-Green

Appearance: Natalya has the habit of not looking at people when she talks to them. Her eyes are pretty pointless up close, so she lets them drift or sit as if blind unless looking in the distance.
12qGsHP.png

Background: Natalya was born with the ability to see into anything she touched. This went undetected for years, with people assuming she was just a bright baby. Natalya's dad was killed in a shooting, still believing his daughter was normal; she barely remembers him.

Natalya was raised by her mom, and that bright baby became a dim-witted kindergartener. Natalya's powers were growing, and she couldn't see writing without seeing through the writing. Her mom thought Natalya might need glasses, but they didn't help at all. She had her tested for ADHD, but Natalya had no trouble sitting still or concentrating on unwritten material, so her mom decided the girl was dyslexic and left it at that.

Natalya would see bugs or rodents in their apartment walls and run to her mom's room. Her mom thought Natalya was paranoid or afraid of the dark. It wasn't until Natalya reached puberty that her mom found out the girl was more than a difficult child.

It was just before Natalya entered womanhood, and she was being overly-emotional about something her friend had said at school. The bulb in her room became incredibly bright, then almost went out, then did it again. She didn't have a dimmer switch in her room, and her mom saw the light coming under the door. She entered the room, making Natalya even more upset and the lighting even more unstable.

Afraid of what was happening, Natalya's mom called 911. The police came and took Natalya away. She was returned a week later, and her mom was informed that Natalya was a mutant. The woman was still afraid, but Natalya was her only child, and she determined to keep her. As soon as she turned 18, Natalya left home, hoping her mom would have some peace for a change. She discovered the Mutant League soon after.

Natalya has nothing against humans, nor is she especially proud of being a mutant, but she knows her mom wants grandkids, and she wants kids, and her mom always tried to obey the law. So to get what they want, the law must be changed. Natalya is sure the League will help her to change things.

Relationships: Natalya is Lilith's cousin, but as Lilith never knew her biological parents the girls are unaware. Lilith is Natalya's superior.

Is this still going? Absinthe? Anybody?

Name:
Alex Treadway

Alias:
None

Species:
Human

Orientation:
Straight

Role:
Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S Air force. Tasked with tracking down unregistered and fugitive mutants.

Power(s):
He is human so no powers. He has a variety of anti-mutant weapons both lethal and nonlethal at his disposal.

Advantages:
Has a plan for every situation and is highly skilled at fighting mutants. There's a reason he is tasked with capturing them.

Disadvantages:
The fact that he's human, short sighted, and he can be very cocksure at times.

Height:
6'0 ft

Build:
Physically fit but not ripped or skinny.

Hair Colour:
Black. Natural

Eye Colour:
Green

Appearance:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/SWAT-Tactical-Aim-original-74925210

Background:
Comes from Houston, Texas. He has been in the military since age 18. His father was killed in the attacks and he holds all of (them) (He refers to mutants as them) responsible. He holds on to that grudge tightly. He excelled in the field of human on mutant combat and was recruited to hunt fugitives. He has a love of pie, ironically his favorite chef is a mutant.

Relationships:
None yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if my character background is a little short. Not much more to him than hating mutants.

Finally a normal person! I think you are actually the first one to pick non-mutant.

...Now we just have to hear from Absinthe. For your sake, hope you didn't sign up too late. :(

*20 days after making my CS*
As I mentioned, I don't think this roleplay is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.