Music and Romance

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxie blushed while her back was turned away from them. She continued to make the meal, taking a little breath to relax her fluttering nerves. She took out a plate and utensils and placed them in front of Sophie in Nicolas's arms. She smiled when she looked at them. They looked sweet together, she wondered what others would think Sophie is to them. She brushed off the thought and finished making the food. She placed it on the table. "There."

"Come sit with us." Nicolas said inviting Roxie. Then he heard the others come into the kitchen as well. They looked at Nicolas holding Sophie in his arms. "Who is this little one?" one of them asked. It was nice to have a child running around the house, it brought laughter to the home. "This is Roxie's sister Sophie." Nicolas remarked. It was really easy for him to take on the father figure.

Roxie took the offer and sat with them. She gave the others a nod. "Yes, my little sister. I hope you don't mind but I couldn't leave her alone. She's too young to stay home at night by herself." She commented.

Sophie kept smiling. "Sissy takes care of me." She seemed to take a liking to Nicolas very quickly though. She wrapped her arms around her like a child with her father.

"Not at all. Nicholas is very good with kids as you can see. He used to have some his own awhile ago but it's a tragic story and its one we don't talk about. Plus, she seems really at home here as well."

"Indeed." Nicholas chimed in as he stroked Sophie's hair gently. "And I'll take care of you too Sophie. That's if you'll let me." as he hugged her gently. "I'm sure you're tired little one." taking notice that she almost everything on her plate was gone.

He's had children before? She wanted to ask about it but they said they didn't want to discuss it. She tried the best to blow it off, at least for the moment. "Oh uh yeah. Sophie do want to go to bed?" Roxie asked.

Sophie shook her head. "I'm tired."

"Alright. Nicolas, would you mind showing us to the room she can stay in?" Roxie replied.

Sophie turned back to Nicolas. "Of course you can take care of me, it will help sissy. She's always doing everything."

"I'll explain everything to you in due time." he whispered to Roxie as he read her thoughts.

"Of course. Sophie do you want me to carry you or your sister?" he asked as he stood up to lead them to the room. "I'm glad to have your approval." smiling down at the tired little girl.

Sophie thought for a moment. "I want you to carry me." She said and pointed at Nicolas.

Roxie smiled, she's never had Sophie asked to be carried by anyone else before. She gave a nod to Nicolas's whisper. "Thanks." She said in response to letting Sophie stay and helping take care of her.

"No problem, I love kids." Nicholas took her in his arms and carried her up to bed. "I might have something that might fit her perfectly." He led Roxie to the guest room in his suite. The room had victorian decor that was fit for a girl like Sophie's age. "What do you think of the room?" he asked as he turned the light on before placing her on the bed. Then, he went to the dresser and pulled out a clean dress. "Try this on."

Sophie clapped her hands once he put her down. "Pretty." She said, commenting on both the decor and the dress. She reached out with her little arms and began to pull off her cloths and put the dress on. She had a little bit of trouble so Roxie walked over, helping her finish putting the dress on.

"It fits great." Roxie commented. She looked at the girl. "You look cute." She said, then told to to get into the bed. Sophie listened, pulling the covers over her. Roxie walked over to the side and tucked her in. "There, all nice and cozy." She kissed her on the forehead.

"I'm glad you like it. This is your room whenever you come here okay." he said smiling and stood by the doorway watching. It felt good having a little one around the house again. Nicholas walked over to Sophie; "Sweet dreams Sophie." he said as he placed his hand on Roxie's shoulder. "Shall we discuss somethings?" he asked with a smile. It was time that Roxie new his secrets, all of his secrets.

Roxie nodded. She walked out to the doorway and closed the door behind them She turned to face Nicolas. "So uh...you have had kids and stuff. There must have been someone you really liked." She began to ramble. "I didn't know that, well why should I huh. That's probably something you wanted to keep secret and all."

"You might want to sit down for what I'm about to tell you." He was calm in tone but nervous in how she would take this. "Roxie I'm a vampire, it's why I drink blood and don't go out during the day. I don't feed on humans at all, just blood packs. I did have children at one point but that was ages ago. They died from various illnesses during the victorian era. I kept most of the items because I can never let go of the age of simplicity and beauty. My daughter Annabelle meant the world to me, that's why I turned that room into a little girls room because she means everything to me. Just as Sophie does now. I hope your not mad at me because I am truly, madly and deeply in love with you. I haven't felt this way in a long time and you're my type of girl. I know this is a lot to take in but would you be my girlfriend? No one will know a thing." He finally stopped talking and waited for her to say something.

Roxie didn't know whether to believe him or not. Though he seemed to be a guy that she could trust. She still couldn't help herself from backing into the door, leaning against it. Her heart was pounding, she could hear it, could he? If he was a vampire, would that be something he could tell? She breathed out for a moment, she thought she would be scared or more confused than she really was but his words, his last words. They made her happy. "You really want me to be your girlfriend?"

"Yes, I do. Please don't be afraid of me for what I am. The others are vampires too and I gave them orders not to hurt you but to protect and act as a family. I hope this doesn't ruin us. Sophie is attached to me and I would like to help as much as possible for you and her." He stepped closer and leaned in to kiss her. He was ignoring her fear since that was something he learned how to control. "Roxie I love you for you."

Roxie looked at him her face still red. "You love me?" She whispered barely getting the words out. He was right, Sophie did seem to easily get attached to him, she's never seen her act the way she did to other people. Sophie usually stay with her, the whole terrible parents thing kind of messed the little girl up a bit. Yet all those things at the moment were not part of her decision to do what she was about to do. Her heart was beating rapidly, she knew that she loved him too whether she realized it or not yet was other question. She needed to realize it, she closed her eyes, wanting him to kiss her.

"Very much." He leaned in closer to her and placed his lips gently on hers. Kissing her softly and passionately. just after a few he pulled and looked at her waiting for her to say something.

Roxie let him kiss her, when he pulled away she opened her eyes. She smiled, her heart still pounding rapidly. "Okay, I'll be your girlfriend." She said, now realizing how she really did feel about him. "But do you think you could tell me...about what your past was like?"

"I'll tell whatever you wish to know". he said smiling as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a hug. "My life then was anything more than it is now, rich and in those days a socialite. You have to remember this was during the victorian era. My wife at the time was Ophealia, she died from a deadly illness that took her just months after our daughter Annabelle was born. Annabelle too caught the same illness, there was little we could do. When vampires become too sick they die even though we tried everything. I kept a lot of the furniture and Annabelle's clothing. I still have some stuff of my wife's but she wished me not to keep everything but only in memory. I respect her wishes and I know she wants happy. After their deaths I went into battle, a life of bloodlust. However, music has always been in my life and I want to continue that. The band found me in my garage playing music at the time I didn't they were vampires as well until we spoke about it. They're my brothers from the same era but we don't make it known to the public. I'm trusting you with my secret, no one must know. You remember Lestat also a vampire singer, it didn't go well for him and the rest of his band moved on without him. I don't want that to happen for us. I've been on my alone ever since my late wife and I'm tired of it. That's why I need you in my life Roxie, you fill that void inside of me."

She rested her head on his chest. "I promise I'll keep your secret. And I am sorry for what happened to you in the past. It all must be very hard for you but I promise I am here for you. I promise I'll fill your void." She paused her a moment, bringing her hands to his chest as well. "Because I love you too."

Nicolas looked down at her and stroked her hair. "Thank you. It can be at times. And I promise to do the same for you." He kissed her forehead and held her close for awhile. "Do you want to stay here tonight? I can have someone drive you and Sophie back tomorrow morning." The others were downstairs with their girls. "Care to join the others they're watching a movie?"

Status
Not open for further replies.