Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nagi was caught by surprise, not really expecting to see anyone here, let alone someone as strange as Starlow. WHen he would regain his composure, he would properly introduce himself. "Hello, I'm Fujusaki Nagihiko." He said as he smiled and bowed.​

He noticed the strange teenager but chose to keep his attention on Starlow for the time being.

@Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Yun Lee

"There's no need to bow. I'm not royalty or anything. I'll be your friend though, Nagihiko! We can work together on cleaning up this island! And hopefully Bowser's act as well."
@Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Otto @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee

Those headed to the lighthouse would find...goop! Just as the officer said they would. What was odd, however, was that there was no lighthouse in sight. But there was, however, a giant blob of goop in the center of a stone structure, surrounded by brown goop in randomly painted-on designs.
tumblr_oc7reufU9z1rrftcdo1_400.png

It was a rather gross brown, and you can already see those same little bubble monsters starting to form...

For anyone uninterested, however, they could mess around on the beach nearby. Who knows? Maybe you'll find something interesting.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Mari @Lighthouse

-------------

Just like at the lighthouse, Rita and Peter would find the statue missing, replaced by a blob of goop. This one was the same color as the goop on the airstrip. Luckily, this one seemed to have none of those creatures around.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Kentucky @Statue

----------------

Anyone at the Tanuki Hut, Hiyori and Yato would discover that, you guessed it, find the hut missing. The goop blob here was a strange black and white, and smelled like oil. Ugh!

@Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Tanuki Hut

------------

The Shine Gate is a grand structure, one so massive that you can't really get up to. Behind it, however, you can see what must be the volcano Kirari took over. Leaning on the wall was a teenager.

4826412-4754543725-27543.jpg

"Hey."

@Otto @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Shine Gate

---------------

Inside the cafe, you find the poor owner frantically running about, all chairs and tables shoved aside. Crates sit inside, but the owner is constantly checking them. "Oh dear, oh dear..."

You may need to take a raincheck on that coffee.

@Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Verite @Kaykay @Delfino Cafe

------------

Yumeko smiled at All Might as he joined her, recognizing him as the man who protected her back on the airstrip. "I don't know if I have any money on me, but I'm sure we can find something!"

The market is a little street along the east side of the plaza, where Piantas are selling fruits. One, however, is running around in a frenzy-it looks like the mushrooms he carries on his back are on fire!

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Market​
It seemed like everyone was taking different sections of the mess to clean. Luigi seemed to be teaching Yamashiro how to use the strange water-shooting devices they had discovered, and Ernesti had gotten to work while trying to encourage them all. It seemed the job might take as long to do if they all worked together. "Come on, Yusuke - cleaning this goop should excite you as an artist revealing the beauty of what's beneath," Alesha remarked as she joined in on the job, aiming straight for the largest blob of goop.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Mari @Lighthouse​

Alesha would find that the large goop blob responded very negatively to the water. It didn't grow smaller in size; it was almost as if you were spraying some sort of solid mass. The smaller piles of goop were easier to clean, but those goop monsters began to form, and they were headed straight towards the group!

@Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mari @Lighthouse

-------------

Rita would find the large blob also reacted like the one at the lighthouse: a large solid mass that did not like to be sprayed.

-------------

The cafe owner looked at Hina with disdain. "I do too know how to run a restaurant, thank you! But I'm having a crisis here! I'm supposed to get my shipments of vegetables from neighboring islands on different days, but I got them all today! And I have to figure out how to organize them fast-if I don't do it right, they'll expire! Then I have to wait a whole week until shipments come again, and I'll be out of my most popular dishes!"

He looked to the group. "Could you all help me figure out a method to store all these? The first person to think of one that works, I'll pay!"

@Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Verite @Kaykay @Delfino Cafe

----------------

The girl walked up to the group with a slow saunter. "All you need to know is that I work for the Delfino Beautification commitee," she replied. "And I see some criminals crowding around the historic Shine Gate. Now, how could I let you all get away with that?"

She reached her hand behind her back and pulled out a pistol, aiming it at the group.
4f02d8d3e095819a6a8008bd2cba63bf1500823244_full.jpg

"Your punishment is to play Russian Roulette with me!!"

-----------

Thanks to All Might's work, the fire was soon put out. "Gosh, thank you!" The Piants shook the hero's hand. "I would've been all fried! Please, take this as a token of my appreciation!" He handed All Might a gold coin.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Market

---------

Ami would find the ferry was free to board, and would take her to three little islands off of the shore. She could travel to Island 1, Island 2, Island 3, or head back to the plaza.

@York @Ferry​

Rita Hanson

" Hmm... it doesn't seem to like that. I feel like I should spray it again though." Rita did so, spraying it again, seeing as they had to clean it regardless.

@Yun Lee @Kentucky @Statue

The cafe owner looked at Hina with disdain. "I do too know how to run a restaurant, thank you! But I'm having a crisis here! I'm supposed to get my shipments of vegetables from neighboring islands on different days, but I got them all today! And I have to figure out how to organize them fast-if I don't do it right, they'll expire! Then I have to wait a whole week until shipments come again, and I'll be out of my most popular dishes!"

He looked to the group. "Could you all help me figure out a method to store all these? The first person to think of one that works, I'll pay!"​
068.png

"I can eat all the vegetables if you have too much of them!" Gon exclaimed quickly, raising his hand excitedly, "They shouldn't go to waste after all!"

That was his contribution as far as critical thinking skills went.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Minerva

Reactions: Takumi
Alesha would find that the large goop blob responded very negatively to the water. It didn't grow smaller in size; it was almost as if you were spraying some sort of solid mass. The smaller piles of goop were easier to clean, but those goop monsters began to form, and they were headed straight towards the group!

@Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mari @Lighthouse

-------------

Rita would find the large blob also reacted like the one at the lighthouse: a large solid mass that did not like to be sprayed.

-------------

He looked to the group. "Could you all help me figure out a method to store all these? The first person to think of one that works, I'll pay!"

----------------

The girl walked up to the group with a slow saunter. "All you need to know is that I work for the Delfino Beautification commitee," she replied. "And I see some criminals crowding around the historic Shine Gate. Now, how could I let you all get away with that?"

She reached her hand behind her back and pulled out a pistol, aiming it at the group.

-----------

Thanks to All Might's work, the fire was soon put out. "Gosh, thank you!" The Piants shook the hero's hand. "I would've been all fried! Please, take this as a token of my appreciation!" He handed All Might a gold coin.

---------

Ami would find the ferry was free to board, and would take her to three little islands off of the shore. She could travel to Island 1, Island 2, Island 3, or head back to the plaza.

@York @Ferry​
All Might laughed. "Not to worry! Just doing my job!" He beamed taking the coin he was given and eyeing his reward with mild interest. "Hmm, perhaps it's something I can spend. This will definitely come in handy." He chuckled before looking around for anything else of interest. There were those fruit sellers so he decided to look at those first.

@Yun Lee

-------------

-------------

----------------

-----------

---------

@York @Ferry​
Alesha scowled as the mass refused to disappear; clearly some sort of beast in hiding within the paint like the smaller monsters. Well, if it wanted to hide, she would simply force it out. "Get out of there, you spineless beast!" She shouted as she upped the pressure on her FLUDD, trying her best to keep a few yards from the other monsters by side-stepping as she blasted away.

-------------

-------------

----------------

-----------

---------

@York @Ferry​

Who fucks up an order that badly? And who doesn't know how to store vegetables. This wasn't just unsanitary. Ritsuka wanted to say "Haven't you heard of refrigeration?" But that would have been rude.

"Do you have ice? Can you get ice?" she asked politely. You could freeze it. Perhaps Dry them and rehydrate them?" She checked her FLUDD to see if it had some softness of ice or Liquid Nitrogen option.

-------------

latest

"Enemy spotted! Prepare for battle!"

Yamashiro yelled out very instinctively when the globs started to form into a group of threats. When they were doin what they believed was to be cleanup duties, Yamashiro was very lost and unfocused. As if in her familiar environment of battle now, she felt the pressure to succeed, to use the new machine right, to survive. And protect those around her.

"FLUDD... ready, aim, fire!"

She took aim... as if it were her own guns firing at the globs, she shot straight at several of the ones closest to her. And likewise as if it were her own shells that were launched, she took a close look to see what damage the shots from the FLUDD did.

@Yun Lee @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Lighthouse

The blob, agitated by the water, transformed with an ear-splitting screech into a Venus-flytraplike monster.
latest

The monster roared again, sending a large ball of goop from its mouth towards Alesha. The one at the statue would hurl its goop at Rita.

At the lighthouse, a wave of goo monsters would be subdued by Yamashiro's attack, but Yusuke and Ernesti were now surrounded!

@Khan of the Mardu @Mari @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @thatguyinthestore

-----------

"No no, that won't be necessary," the owner told Gon and Ritsuka. "I already have a storage method." He led the group into his backroom and gestured to an identical set of eight baskets nailed into the wall. "The issue here is how to arrange all of these items. You see, usually when a shipment comes in, it's usually about one or two types of vegetables that are compatible with each other. I use them in the daily specials, then once they're sold out, the next shipments come in, so there's no issue! But I need to figure out how to store them in such a way that they stay freshest longest until next week."

He walked to his desk and produced some notes. "These are notes I took so far," he said. "The only problem is how to use them to fix this..."​
  • Yellow vegetables are the most delicate. They can only go by Purple vegetables, and no others.
  • Black vegetables have very bad chemistry with Green vegetables, and both must be kept far apart, with at least two other types of vegetables between them.
  • White vegetables stay freshest when between two vegetable types, but being next to Red vegetables will make them rot.
  • Blue and Orange vegetables cannot be right next to each other, but can be near each other if one other type of vegetable is between them.
"As long as your arrangement follows these guidelines, it will work! Like I said, I'll pay you if you can set up a good arrangement!"

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Minerva @Verite @Delfino Cafe

--------------

All Might would find the fruits for sale were Bananas, Pineapples, and Pears. You could buy one for one gold coin.

Yumeko gasped. "I've never seen fruit so big before!"

The vendor nodded. "Oh yes, the fruits we grow here on Isle Delfino are known for being big and satisfying-they can even work as a whole meal! In fact, there are some women over on the small islands harvesting coconuts that I hear pay very well for fruit."

Reactions: Mari
The blob, agitated by the water, transformed with an ear-splitting screech into a Venus-flytraplike monster.
latest

The monster roared again, sending a large ball of goop from its mouth towards Alesha. The one at the statue would hurl its goop at Rita.

At the lighthouse, a wave of goo monsters would be subdued by Yamashiro's attack, but Yusuke and Ernesti were now surrounded!

-----------

"No no, that won't be necessary," the owner told Gon and Ritsuka. "I already have a storage method." He led the group into his backroom and gestured to an identical set of eight baskets nailed into the wall. "The issue here is how to arrange all of these items. You see, usually when a shipment comes in, it's usually about one or two types of vegetables that are compatible with each other. I use them in the daily specials, then once they're sold out, the next shipments come in, so there's no issue! But I need to figure out how to store them in such a way that they stay freshest longest until next week."

He walked to his desk and produced some notes. "These are notes I took so far," he said. "The only problem is how to use them to fix this..."​
  • Yellow vegetables are the most delicate. They can only go by Purple vegetables, and no others.
  • Black vegetables have very bad chemistry with Green vegetables, and both must be kept far apart, with at least two other types of vegetables between them.
  • White vegetables stay freshest when between two vegetable types, but being next to Red vegetables will make them rot.
  • Blue and Orange vegetables cannot be right next to each other, but can be near each other if one other type of vegetable is between them.
"As long as your arrangement follows these guidelines, it will work! Like I said, I'll pay you if you can set up a good arrangement!"

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Minerva @Verite @Delfino Cafe

--------------

All Might would find the fruits for sale were Bananas, Pineapples, and Pears. You could buy one for one gold coin.

The vendor nodded. "Oh yes, the fruits we grow here on Isle Delfino are known for being big and satisfying-they can even work as a whole meal! In fact, there are some women over on the small islands harvesting coconuts that I hear pay very well for fruit."

Ritsuka looked at the notes. "Strange way of working with vegetables, but I believe the arrangement of Yellow, Purple, White, Blue, Green, Orange, Red, Black will work." she said. "Would anyone like to correct me?"

Last edited:
latest

-----------

--------------

"Yes they are quite big. I'm sure you're not exaggerating when you said they're good enough for a meal." All Might said, agreeing with Yumeko on their size. "But do they have any other properties besides being large? A meal isn't one of my top priorities at the moment." The hero would rather not waste his coin on something that wasn't useful. He wasn't even hungry yet!

The hero also made a mental note about the islands, maybe he can get something useful from there as well.

@Yun Lee @Market

latest

-----------

"No no, that won't be necessary," the owner told Gon and Ritsuka. "I already have a storage method." He led the group into his backroom defend and gestured to an identical set of eight baskets nailed into the wall. "The issue here is how to arrange all of these items. You see, usually when a shipment comes in, it's usually about one or two types of vegetables that are compatible with each other. I use them in the daily specials, then once they're sold out, the next shipments come in, so there's no issue! But I need to figure out how to store them in such a way that they stay freshest longest until next week."

--------------

Shantae would rub her chin in thought for a moment, trying to think of a way to do this. "Well.... does anyone have ideas?" Shantae asked, not really being the best at problem solving.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Cafe

Luigi tried his best to take out the first group of goo monsters, though due to him previously being soaked by Yamashiro, other people managed to deal with them before he had the chance.

However, when the same monsters surrounded Yusuke and Ernesti, Luigi didn't waste any time in trying to defend them by squirting the tiny monsters with his FLUDD!

@Yun Lee @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @Lighthouse

Bowser rolled his eyes and placed his hands on his hips when this woman attempted to be threatening. Or at least that's what he thought that's what she was trying to do.

"Pfffffffbbbbbbtffth. You really think I care what yer a part of? Lady, you can be on the Mushroom Kingdom's royal guard fer all I care." Bowser said, obviously not caring even a small bit that she worked for Isle Delfino.

When she pulled out the gun, the Koopa King trembled, though it was clear he was faking.
"Oh no! A gun! Whatever shall I do?!" Bowser exclaimed, holding his hands over his head as if he was flinching. "Oh yeah! How about... this!" In one motion, Bowser would quickly attempt to knock the gun out of her hand using his claw.

@Yun Lee @Otto @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @ShineGate

Reactions: Mari
"Hmm..." The owner looked over the list, studying it. "Let me see...yellow next to purple...black and green two away...white away from red...blue and orange one apart...aha!" He smiled at Ritsuka. "Oh, thank you! Here-as I said, payment for you." He produced a small bag. "Stick your hand in there and pull something out-just one, though!"

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Cafe

--------------------

"Well, they're super delicious and prevent scurvy, if that's what you mean!"

----------------

Bowser would find himself on the receiving end of a taser for the second time that day. "Hey! What's the big idea?! It's not like I'm going to shoot you-you're going to shoot me! Well...not you. After all, you're a bigger felon than these delinquents!" She turned to the others.
maxresdefault.jpg

"Come on, what do you say? This shitty situation's got you all pissed off, huh? All these Piantas, the student council president...don't you wanna take your frustration out on someone?! Take it out on me!!! Shoot me in the head!!!! You have no other choice, so just do it!!!!!!!"

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Shine Gate​

latest

-----------

--------------

The Doctor smirked at the owner when he procured the note. "Oh is that all? If you could be so kind as to hold a moment and I'll solve your little predicament when you wait. Here, have a jelly baby to keep you occupied." The Doctor handed out his bag of candies before going to work.

He ordered the fruits in order of yellow, purple, white, green, blue, red, orange and black. Looking mighty pleased with himself he turned to the owner and the rest of the group. "There! That should have sorted out your little predicament!"

-------------

-------------

----------------

-----------

---------

@York @Ferry​
Ami Kawashima
@Yun Lee @Ferry

Without much thought on it, Ami decided to travel to Island 1, but honestly... She looked a little out of it.

fn2KGpO.png

"How do I get myself into these things..." She thought to herself, returning to her old habbit of brooding now that she was alone, again.

Perhaps in hindsight, she probably should have gone to a place a few others have... Even if she wasn't going to be the best of company, because this was exactly the sort of thing she figured she'd be trying to escape on a vacation, if she could even call whatever... This is, that.

Rita Hanson

Rita jumped away fron the goop. Hopefully before it could hit her. If sucessful at dodging,she would spray the water again at the plant thing.

@Kentucky @Yun Lee @Statue

The cafe owner jumped in the air as The Doctor answered his problem. "Beautiful! Thank you!" He extended his little bag to The Doctor as well. "Also, do you have the recipe for those jelly babies? They're quite tasty!"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Minerva @Verite @Delfino Cafe

-----------

Ami would find a lone Pianta working on the island, organizing coconuts. Wiping the sweat off her forehead, she looked to Ami. "Oh! Hello! Pardon me, but do you have any fruit with you?"

@York @Ferry

--------

The plant creature would watch Rita, its head circling around. Soon, however, it would open its mouth and roar at her.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Kentucky @Statue​

The Doctor smirked at the owner when he procured the note. "Oh is that all? If you could be so kind as to hold a moment and I'll solve your little predicament when you wait. Here, have a jelly baby to keep you occupied." The Doctor handed out his bag of candies before going to work.

He ordered the fruits in order of yellow, purple, white, green, blue, red, orange and black. Looking mighty pleased with himself he turned to the owner and the rest of the group. "There! That should have sorted out your little predicament!"

"Hmm..." The owner looked over the list, studying it. "Let me see...yellow next to purple...black and green two away...white away from red...blue and orange one apart...aha!" He smiled at Ritsuka. "Oh, thank you! Here-as I said, payment for you." He produced a small bag. "Stick your hand in there and pull something out-just one, though!"

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Cafe

--------------------

"Well, they're super delicious and prevent scurvy, if that's what you mean!"

----------------

Bowser would find himself on the receiving end of a taser for the second time that day. "Hey! What's the big idea?! It's not like I'm going to shoot you-you're going to shoot me! Well...not you. After all, you're a bigger felon than these delinquents!" She turned to the others.
maxresdefault.jpg

"Come on, what do you say? This shitty situation's got you all pissed off, huh? All these Piantas, the student council president...don't you wanna take your frustration out on someone?! Take it out on me!!! Shoot me in the head!!!! You have no other choice, so just do it!!!!!!!"

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Shine Gate​

"Oh, you're welcome! I'm always happy to help!" she said. Ritsuka then Stuck her hand in

Show Spoiler

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartie Sarkissian @Minerva @Verite @Delfino Cafe​
Ritsuka looked at the notes. "Strange way of working with vegetables, but I believe the arrangement of Yellow, Purple, White, Blue, Green, Orange, Red, Black will work." she said. "Would anyone like to correct me?"

Narrowing her eyes and tilting her head at the assortment of vegetables, then snagging the Pianta's notes from whoever held them last to study them, Risky Boots shook her head. "No...no no no, from left to right, you place red, orange, green, blue, white, black, purple, then yellow!" Risky objected, but still scratched her head in confusion while she studied the two previously offered solutions, "Actually...are all of us right?"

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Jeremi

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay

@Café