• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_n9p172802z1subh1h.png

"Right then, let's begin this investigation!"

With that declaration, Hajime's eyes darted about the crime scene, taking it all in as his pen scratched against the paper of his notebook. Victim is Rita, redhead. Last seen by Saitama, myself, and Morrigan most likely. Saitama is reading the paper, therefore, read it after he does to prevent him lying with it. Carefully, Hajime began to check each piece of the shattered mirror for blood, in case they were the murder weapon, "The victim was killed most likely by the slash across the neck. Therefore, the mirror shards and any tools or weapons with blades brought by guests are possible murder weapons. Gentlemen and ladies," his eyes glanced to Slavya and Yulia, "Do any of you have a knife, sword, or any other blade of some kind?"

@york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body
On the crumpled paper was a note that read:

- AVOID MELODIA
- Figure out light
- Talk to Mr C
- Visit storerooms

Standing up, Jade looked at the electronic wiring in Ghostface's hand. "... Rita was an engineer. She maintained various machines within the hotel. It's really not strange at all for her to have that on her person."

As for the mirror on the wall, it was now askew. It was broken, looking as if something impacted it at its center. The shards on the ground were mostly covered in blood just by being around the body. Of those laying in Rita's blood, it's hard to see which one cut her throat, if any of them were used at all.

@Alyto @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body
tumblr_inline_nq0s8nZZSq1sftfvm_250.png

Saitama tried to read the paper and decipher its deep, dark meanings.

"... Huh."

When Jade would show up to the scene, the man would decide to ask him a few questions concerning the paper.

tumblr_inline_nq0s8uZOSX1sftfvm_250.png

"Yo... What was your name again, host guy? Jean Claude? Jaded Cutlass? Something that started with a C... Uh, just to be sure, the Mr. C in this paper is referring to you, right?" He inquired, pointing to the paper for a moment curiously, "I guess the "figure out light" would explain the wiring she had... Hmm, uh, why does she wanna avoid Melodia so much that she capitalized all of it?"

Of course, for all he knew, this could turn out like a convoluted mystery game or movie where perhaps the killer was the one who caused a problem in the lights in the first place, but that was just too out there and required way too much imagination.

... Right?

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @york @Alyto @Kaykay

With mild curiosity on how a book was here, Neo picked it up and skimmed through the pages, hoping she would come across something out of place besides the mathematics.

@Atomyk @york @Krieg @Sen @Those Searching Around The Lobby​

Gaster was busy talking to Papyrus, but one eye eerily focused down on the corpse laying just a few feet away from where they were talking. Gaster's voice suddenly became an eery, venomous whisper with sounds of TV static accompanying.

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

I SEE THE EVENT HAS BEGUN

The figure looked over to Papyrus, a creepy smile greeting him.

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

I AM AFRAID WE WILL HAVE TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER IN A MORE PRIVATE ENVIRONMENT LATER ON

I WOULD ADVISE INVESTIGATING THE CORPSE

BUT, WHO AM I TO CHOOSE YOUR PATH?

...PAPYRUS

Gaster would turn around and begin to walk off without another word. Similar to how he did to Yvaine-- he began to fade away as he phased through the shocked crowd of people before completely vanishing from the scene with a strange twanging sound. How he knew his name was a mystery, but it seems this entity was a mystery made incarnate.

@DapperDogman @EVERYONE ELSE​

As he walked past the pair of murderers, it was as if a shock chord played, a sound they were both no doubt familiar with. That sharp, sudden spike of sound that played when a jumpscare happened in a horror movie
As he turned to them, for a split second, they'd have a glimpse of the beast's true face
tumblr_n8ge7fE9541qegjq5o1_400.png

"What a fine evening this is turning out to be" he murmurs "But I suppose all three of us are used to seeing corpses, aren't we?"

With that ominous nugget of wisdom, he strode into the crowd, melting away without a trace

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Whoever is keeping tabs on this guy right about now
HXa9WJC.jpg

Both ChromeSkull and Ghostface were slightly taken aback at the scare chord that played when that guy in the gas mask walked past them. For ChromeSkull it was a bit alarming. But for Ghostface? It was a sound he recognized and loved. Whenever you saw Jason approaching his victims from the shadows, you'd hear a chord. Whenever Michael Myers was raising his kitchen knife and prepared to strike, you'd hear a chord. He didn't have one himself given that he was a real serial killer and despite Mickey's hopes, ominous music didn't naturally follow you around whenever you scouted out your next victim, real shame that was.

ChromeSkull didn't need a scare chord to get the job done. Just grab em, record em, kill em. Simple as that. As Bogeyman made the comment towards them, both of the slashers looked at each other wondering just how this entity knew about what they really did.

"Dunno about you, Chrome. But the scare chord? The gas-mask? S'like the guy looked into our heads. More bothered by just how much he seems to know. Did you talk to that guy?" Ghostface asked while he was still holding the wires.

kNYOLfW.jpg

DOESN'T MATTER HOW HE KNOWS. AS LONG AS HE KEEPS IT TO HIMSELF THAN THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. NOW, YOU GOT ANY FUCKIN IDEA WHAT'S UP WITH THOSE WIRES-HEY. LOOK WHO'S COMING CLOSER.

sNxZh6N.jpg

"Yeah, didn't you just hear the guy? She's an engineer. Was probably going to work on something before some guy decided to turn out her lights. Or girl I should say." It was the present after all, what was to stop women from being efficient slashers in their own right? Pamela Voorhees, Billy Loomis's mom.

..The thought briefly occurred to Mickey to see if their were any moms here or people who were expecting. Maybe someone got slighted and decided it to take it out on the adorable little engineer by slitting her throat. As for whoever was coming closer, Ghostface glanced over and saw Kido approaching and the killer couldn't help but barely stifle a chuckle. She had tried so hard to get away from the two of them. Always keeping her distance from them lest she run the risk of almost being killed again. They tried to do the same on account of her blabbing what she suffered while on the run from them. Yet here they were, united in the death of another.

"Hiya." Ghostface greeted Kido amicably as Hajime went on his analysis about the kill.

With that declaration, Hajime's eyes darted about the crime scene, taking it all in as his pen scratched against the paper of his notebook. Victim is Rita, redhead. Last seen by Saitama, myself, and Morrigan most likely. Saitama is reading the paper, therefore, read it after he does to prevent him lying with it. Carefully, Hajime began to check each piece of the shattered mirror for blood, in case they were the murder weapon, "The victim was killed most likely by the slash across the neck. Therefore, the mirror shards and any tools or weapons with blades brought by guests are possible murder weapons. Gentlemen and ladies," his eyes glanced to Slavya and Yulia, "Do any of you have a knife, sword, or any other blade of some kind?"

@york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body
tgFLA4D.jpg

"Bravo, no really! That analysis of yours was top-notch, pal. Sherlock Holmes in training over here. But, let's just step back for a moment and look at the surroundings a bit more closely. The mirror looks like it got struck right in the center, probably from a quick punch-hopefully with a glove because ooh hitting glass with your bare hands tends to hurt quite a lot, from there I'd imagine the pieces sort of just fell into play for our killer to use to their delight. Shard falls out, killer grabs it, holds the kid in place aaaaand-" Ghostface paused to run his finger across his neck in a melodramatic fashion.

"That's all she wrote. Then she falls down here and we're left wondering what shard this killer used because now there's blood all over the damn place. So, I don't think it was with a knife if that's what you're going on."

But at the mention of volunteers to show off their weapons, Ghostface glanced at ChromeSkull who nodded his approval. "Fine, fine. I'm a team player. Here's what I got on me." Ghostface slid out what seemed to be just an average hunting knife from within the sleeve on his robe and held it up.

latest

"Buck 120 8-inch hunting knife. Good for gutting animals, not so sure I'd use this if I had an ample glass shard ready to slice someone's carotid with though. Unless the killer was in a bit of a hurry and decided they wanted to dispose of Rita here with their own tools. Seems like they'd be a pretty sadistic motherfucker in that case. " Something he could get behind. "ChromeSkull?"

ChromeSkull opened up his jacket and pulled out his two twin knuckle-duster/knives.

41xO7vjTWxL._SY300_.jpg

They were some of the best knives money could buy for a serial killer who liked the finer things in life. He'd cut off a few faces/stabbed people in the mouth before. But a prolonged struggle like this wasn't exactly his style. That and kids didn't exactly give him the same sort of thrill that killing a full grown woman did. But this was neither the time nor place.

"Anybody else feel like sharing? We can compare pointy things if you want."

ENOUGH WITH THE JOKES. THIS SHIT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS. GOTTA GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS NOW BEFORE HE STRIKES AGAIN AND YOU MAY BE NEXT.

"Just trying to lighten up the mood is all, Chrome!"

@The Tactician @Verite @Alyto @Kaykay @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @DapperDogman

What was most immediately apparent about Rita's body was the large slash across her throat. Around her head were shards of a mirror. Just next to the body was a broken mirror, so it was likely the pieces went to that mirror. In Rita's pockets was a piece of crumpled up paper and some electronic wiring.

A red gem embedded into a piece of jewellery around Rita's neck was cracked.

IgaRbOf.png

It was hard stepping around Rita's body with all the blood around her. "I'll need to have a Prinny clean this up as soon as possible," Jade muttered.

---

Around the room were a few points of interest. The table in the center of the room looked burned and a broken vase lied next to the table. Stairs leading up to the second floor of the lobby had what appeared to be blood on it.

@york @Krieg @The Great Detective @Sen @Those Searching the Lobby

---

Jade looked over at Peashy. "You may go back to the party if you wish, but please keep a low profile."

@Alyto
Sal_%28humanoid_form%29_42.png

"Burnt?" Sal pondered, as he inspected the table. Many guests were invited to the the party, many of them having abilities or weapons capable of causing a small fire, enough to sear a table like this. With a gloved finger, he rubbed the burnt areas of the table, frowning to himself. "Do we even have any guests who have fire-orientated abilities? We can start from there, perhaps~" The shark rubbed his chin, "Maybe those wires had something to do with it?"

@york @Krieg @The Great Detective @Atomyk @Gen. Magic Senpai @Lobby people​
Kido wasn't feeling too good with the whole murder thing. A simulation would be fine, but a real one was quite a bit different. She was tempted to go rejoin the party, but she couldn't just leave the murderer free. Speaking of which, there were two murderers right in this room, weren't there?

It was them! Someone, arrest them!

...Was what she'd like to say, but at least in public the two hadn't made a move yet. And she had no real evidence anyway. But, if it was even possible, her suspicions of the two rose further, which really said something considering they tried to kill her.

If it wasn't them, it had to be somebody else, so Kido figured she'd take a look at the body. Unfortunately, the aforementioned serial killing duo were there, which made her heavily reconsider. Seeing some superhero type there though, she felt a little safer, even if the costume was just for show. Trying to avoid contact with the others, she tried to look at the wires to see if there was anything interesting or useful about them.

@Verite @Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @The Silver Paladin @york @TheSpringwoodSlasher

tumblr_inline_nq0s8nZZSq1sftfvm_250.png

Saitama tried to read the paper and decipher its deep, dark meanings.

"... Huh."

When Jade would show up to the scene, the man would decide to ask him a few questions concerning the paper.

tumblr_inline_nq0s8uZOSX1sftfvm_250.png

"Yo... What was your name again, host guy? Jean Claude? Jaded Cutlass? Something that started with a C... Uh, just to be sure, the Mr. C in this paper is referring to you, right?" He inquired, pointing to the paper for a moment curiously, "I guess the "figure out light" would explain the wiring she had... Hmm, uh, why does she wanna avoid Melodia so much that she capitalized all of it?"

Of course, for all he knew, this could turn out like a convoluted mystery game or movie where perhaps the killer was the one who caused a problem in the lights in the first place, but that was just too out there and required way too much imagination.

... Right?

@Atomyk @The Yuletide Tactician @TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Silver Paladin @york @Alyto @Kaykay
Slavya
@ @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body

MpkfcIc.png

"I have a whittling knife I guess..." Slavya said, handing Hajime a slightly worn looking blade; it seemed to have a few wood chips on it, indicating she had been carving with it every now and then, but, that was just about all that the knife had been used for...​
The blood on the stairs formed a trail right up to the second floor. It continued further to a set of double doors. Opening them would reveal... a second dead body. Rowen Ilbert lay motionless against the wall of the hallway, the back of his head leaning back to rest against the wall.

QHOiZn3.png

@Raven

---

The table was still hot, so it was burned recently. How it only got burned isn't clear, nor is it clear why whatever was done to it didn't burn away the wooden table completely. Next to the broken vase is a book of what appeared to be strange math formulas.

@york @Krieg @The Great Detective @Sen @Those Searching the Lobby

---

On the crumpled paper was a note that read:

- AVOID MELODIA
- Figure out light
- Talk to Mr C
- Visit storerooms

Standing up, Jade looked at the electronic wiring in Ghostface's hand. "... Rita was an engineer. She maintained various machines within the hotel. It's really not strange at all for her to have that on her person."

As for the mirror on the wall, it was now askew. It was broken, looking as if something impacted it at its center. The shards on the ground were mostly covered in blood just by being around the body. Of those laying in Rita's blood, it's hard to see which one cut her throat, if any of them were used at all.

@Alyto @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body
Yulia
@Raven @Others
W0UbUGv.png

"Whoa! What happened here?" Yulia exclaimed, jumping back a few times, before approaching the second body carefully, trying to find what might have killed Rowan here... She looked to have calmed down rather quickly, but, she was still obviously a little shaken, though, that determined look on her face never faded...

Gaster was busy talking to Papyrus, but one eye eerily focused down on the corpse laying just a few feet away from where they were talking. Gaster's voice suddenly became an eery, venomous whisper with sounds of TV static accompanying.

gaster_face_2_by_arcbuild-d9if71n.png

I SEE THE EVENT HAS BEGUN

The figure looked over to Papyrus, a creepy smile greeting him.

gaster_face_1_by_arcbuild-d9if6u3.png

I AM AFRAID WE WILL HAVE TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER IN A MORE PRIVATE ENVIRONMENT LATER ON

I WOULD ADVISE INVESTIGATING THE CORPSE

BUT, WHO AM I TO CHOOSE YOUR PATH?

...PAPYRUS

Gaster would turn around and begin to walk off without another word. Similar to how he did to Yvaine-- he began to fade away as he phased through the shocked crowd of people before completely vanishing from the scene with a strange twanging sound. How he knew his name was a mystery, but it seems this entity was a mystery made incarnate.

@DapperDogman @EVERYONE ELSE​
Papyrus stares at the body while Gaster speaks, and gives a small, unsure nod "Y-Yeah...Sure..."
"Hey, how do you know m-" before he could finish the tall, crooked man had vanished back into the crowd "My name..."

"What an odd fellow, maybe he was a friend of Sans'?" he poses to himself, looking solemnly down at the body "There's not much I can discern that others wouldn't be able to" he mutters quietly
"If only Alphys were here, she's a massive nerd, she'd know about the wounds and if the mirror was used to slash the poor girl's throat"

"It sure seems to me that like the killer child I hate so much...This killer loves to use sharp objects to kill their victims"

"Just when I thought I might have escaped from that sort of thing"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crowd @Body peeps​

A few notes written in plain English could be seen, but none of them seemed relevant. If a secret code was hidden inside the book, it was likely something only Rita herself could decipher.

@Krieg @The Great Detective @Sen @Those Searching the Lobby

---

If the jewellery held any special properties, it certainly didn't look it. Those who had seen Rita earlier would recall that the gem hadn't been cracked when she was alive. As Morrighan examined the jewellery, she'd find that item was loose around Rita's neck.

Looking down at the note, Jade would shrug at Saitama's questions. "Likely, Mr. C does mean myself, and the light is something she was attempting to fix in the ballroom. Rita had fixed it, but now that I think about it, she mentioned being accosted on the catwalk access to the lights by a guest of ours. Hm... As for Lady Melodia, well..." Jade managed a smile. "Not everyone gets along with each other."

"Anyway, I do think it would be a good idea to determine if anyone has weapons on their person. We were lax when it came to allowing weaponry, and perhaps that was an issue... But, if you'll excuse me for a moment--"

Jade left those of you around the body and began heading up to the stairs on the second floor.

@Arlathina @Alyto @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body

---

You don't see anything around Rowen's body, but a trickle of blood has dripped down from his throat...

From behind you comes Jade, who sighs upon seeing Rowen's body. "You can get up, Rowen. The game's been cancelled."

Coughing, the dead man on the ground fluttered his eyes open.

RFMNBb9.png

"Huh? What's happened?" Rowen looked up at Yulia and nodded. "Sorry-- excuse me." As he stood up, Rowen took out a cloth in his pocket and wiped the blood off his face with it.

"It would seem someone has decided to commit an actual murder. It was Rita. I will need you to clean up the clues related to the fake murder so they don't get mixed up."

Rowen stared at Jade for a long moment, his mouth slightly agape. His eyes looked to the girls standing nearby, sadness apparent in them. "... I see. Very well." With a bow, Rowen began scouring the hallway.

@york @Raven

Last edited:
HXa9WJC.jpg

Both ChromeSkull and Ghostface were slightly taken aback at the scare chord that played when that guy in the gas mask walked past them. For ChromeSkull it was a bit alarming. But for Ghostface? It was a sound he recognized and loved. Whenever you saw Jason approaching his victims from the shadows, you'd hear a chord. Whenever Michael Myers was raising his kitchen knife and prepared to strike, you'd hear a chord. He didn't have one himself given that he was a real serial killer and despite Mickey's hopes, ominous music didn't naturally follow you around whenever you scouted out your next victim, real shame that was.

ChromeSkull didn't need a scare chord to get the job done. Just grab em, record em, kill em. Simple as that. As Bogeyman made the comment towards them, both of the slashers looked at each other wondering just how this entity knew about what they really did.

"Dunno about you, Chrome. But the scare chord? The gas-mask? S'like the guy looked into our heads. More bothered by just how much he seems to know. Did you talk to that guy?" Ghostface asked while he was still holding the wires.

kNYOLfW.jpg

DOESN'T MATTER HOW HE KNOWS. AS LONG AS HE KEEPS IT TO HIMSELF THAN THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. NOW, YOU GOT ANY FUCKIN IDEA WHAT'S UP WITH THOSE WIRES-HEY. LOOK WHO'S COMING CLOSER.

sNxZh6N.jpg

"Yeah, didn't you just hear the guy? She's an engineer. Was probably going to work on something before some guy decided to turn out her lights. Or girl I should say." It was the present after all, what was to stop women from being efficient slashers in their own right? Pamela Voorhees, Billy Loomis's mom.

..The thought briefly occurred to Mickey to see if their were any moms here or people who were expecting. Maybe someone got slighted and decided it to take it out on the adorable little engineer by slitting her throat. As for whoever was coming closer, Ghostface glanced over and saw Kido approaching and the killer couldn't help but barely stifle a chuckle. She had tried so hard to get away from the two of them. Always keeping her distance from them lest she run the risk of almost being killed again. They tried to do the same on account of her blabbing what she suffered while on the run from them. Yet here they were, united in the death of another.

"Hiya." Ghostface greeted Kido amicably as Hajime went on his analysis about the kill.

tgFLA4D.jpg

"Bravo, no really! That analysis of yours was top-notch, pal. Sherlock Holmes in training over here. But, let's just step back for a moment and look at the surroundings a bit more closely. The mirror looks like it got struck right in the center, probably from a quick punch-hopefully with a glove because ooh hitting glass with your bare hands tends to hurt quite a lot, from there I'd imagine the pieces sort of just fell into play for our killer to use to their delight. Shard falls out, killer grabs it, holds the kid in place aaaaand-" Ghostface paused to run his finger across his neck in a melodramatic fashion.

"That's all she wrote. Then she falls down here and we're left wondering what shard this killer used because now there's blood all over the damn place. So, I don't think it was with a knife if that's what you're going on."

But at the mention of volunteers to show off their weapons, Ghostface glanced at ChromeSkull who nodded his approval. "Fine, fine. I'm a team player. Here's what I got on me." Ghostface slid out what seemed to be just an average hunting knife from within the sleeve on his robe and held it up.

latest

"Buck 120 8-inch hunting knife. Good for gutting animals, not so sure I'd use this if I had an ample glass shard ready to slice someone's carotid with though. Unless the killer was in a bit of a hurry and decided they wanted to dispose of Rita here with their own tools. Seems like they'd be a pretty sadistic motherfucker in that case. " Something he could get behind. "ChromeSkull?"

ChromeSkull opened up his jacket and pulled out his two twin knuckle-duster/knives.

41xO7vjTWxL._SY300_.jpg

They were some of the best knives money could buy for a serial killer who liked the finer things in life. He'd cut off a few faces/stabbed people in the mouth before. But a prolonged struggle like this wasn't exactly his style. That and kids didn't exactly give him the same sort of thrill that killing a full grown woman did. But this was neither the time nor place.

ENOUGH WITH THE JOKES. THIS SHIT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS. GOTTA GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS NOW BEFORE HE STRIKES AGAIN AND YOU MAY BE NEXT.

Slavya
@ @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body

MpkfcIc.png

"I have a whittling knife I guess..." Slavya said, handing Hajime a slightly worn looking blade; it seemed to have a few wood chips on it, indicating she had been carving with it every now and then, but, that was just about all that the knife had been used for...​

Yulia
@Raven @Others
W0UbUGv.png

"Whoa! What happened here?" Yulia exclaimed, jumping back a few times, before approaching the second body carefully, trying to find what might have killed Rowan here... She looked to have calmed down rather quickly, but, she was still obviously a little shaken, though, that determined look on her face never faded...

tumblr_inline_mr6cyao31a1qz4rgp.jpg

Hajime turned over each of the blades handed to him for signs of blood before handing them, satisfied with what he had seen. As Ghostface countered his analysis, he paused for a moment, thinking over his hypothesis. Had he eliminated the possibility of the shards too soon? "No... No, I don't think that's right. Look at the mirror," He walked over to the mirror, gesturing to how it now hung askew, "The mirror isn't set right now, as if something had hit it really hard to knock it out of place. Could a punch hit it hard enough to knock it askew like that...?"

Wait... "Maybe someone..." Carefully, Hajime adjusted the mirror and checked behind it, looking to see if there was any sort of indication that someone had hid something there. The thought had occurred to him once he began to contemplate what could had knocked the mirror out of line, and now, he wanted to see if it was worth anything

Jeen stumbled upon a crowd of people gathered around what appeared to be a rather messy scene of a dead body. He took his sweet time getting down to the lobby, so he didn't hear what Jade had to say about it, but from the looks of the crowd it looked like whatever happened wasn't part of the evening's plans.

"Someone croak or somethin'? Huh. Damn shame..."

"... Well, I'm hitting the bar now. Anyone care to join in?" He gestured at Ghostface and his little crowd. "How about you, uh... fuck, I don't know your name. Whatever. You in?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Yuletide Tactician @Verite @Alyto @Kaykay @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @DapperDogman

HXa9WJC.jpg

kNYOLfW.jpg

sNxZh6N.jpg

tgFLA4D.jpg

latest

41xO7vjTWxL._SY300_.jpg

Sal_%28humanoid_form%29_44.png

"Sharing weapons, I see~" Sal strolled over to the body, catching the last few words of the twin masked people. Not wanting to look suspicious if they were to find it on him later anyway, he shrugged. "I have a sword on me, does that count~?" He drew it from his suit despite the fact that it practically shouldn't fit in there. A black grip with a red blade, simple and plain looking otherwise. "A fine sword like this isn't suitable for slicing necks, ha ha~"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Tactician @Verite @Alyto @Kaykay @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @DapperDogman

Sal_%28humanoid_form%29_44.png

"Sharing weapons, I see~" Sal strolled over to the body, catching the last few words of the twin masked people. Not wanting to look suspicious if they were to find it on him later anyway, he shrugged. "I have a sword on me, does that count~?" He drew it from his suit despite the fact that it practically shouldn't fit in there. A black grip with a red blade, simple and plain looking otherwise. "A fine sword like this isn't suitable for slicing necks, ha ha~"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @The Tactician @Verite @Alyto @Kaykay @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @DapperDogman

Sarah saw Sal show his sword. "I also have a sword." She produced a Chinese Officer's Sword that had rusted green due to the 200 years that it hadn't been used.

latest

"I don't think this did it, as it's too worn and old."

@Knife and blade crew.

Hajime would find that there was nothing hidden behind the mirror or in the cracks of the mirror.

@The Yuletide Tactician

Hajime would find that there was nothing hidden behind the mirror or in the cracks of the mirror.

@The Yuletide Tactician
tumblr_inline_msxal3MJYH1qz4rgp.png

Mirror one, Hajime zero. "Well, at least we know there's nothing hidden behind the mirror..." Hajime muttered as he set the mirror back in place, trying as best as he could skew it as close as it had been before, "Anyways, back to my question, Ghost, could a quick punch really knock the mirror off center like you suggested? I don't think one quick hit would do that..."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @Atomyk

Papyrus shook his head as everyone produced various weapons and he picked up a small shard of the mirror "Have we ruled out this?" he asks, only having just arrived, before a small spear would form in his other hand "And in case anyone asks, this is my weapon, more ideal for putting holes in things than slashing them"

@The Yuletide Tactician @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @Sen @Hazel-rah

Papyrus shook his head as everyone produced various weapons and he picked up a small shard of the mirror "Have we ruled out this?" he asks, only having just arrived, before a small spear would form in his other hand "And in case anyone asks, this is my weapon, more ideal for putting holes in things than slashing them"

tumblr_inline_n9p0oo8Xue1subh1h.png

That's a skeleton.
That's an actual, talking skeleton with a spear, and honestly, I don't think that's the oddest thing I've seen today... I really need to reevaluate my life choices if this is normal to me.

"We're debating that right now. I don't think it is because the mirror could have been broken in a struggle, and the shards are bloody from her blood pouring out, not from cutting Rita's neck."

That's a skeleton.
That's an actual, talking skeleton with a spear, and honestly, I don't think that's the oddest thing I've seen today... I really need to reevaluate my life choices if this is normal to me.

"We're debating that right now. I don't think it is because the mirror could have been broken in a struggle, and the shards are bloody from her blood pouring out, not from cutting Rita's neck."

"Any possibility that she may have hit the back of her head on that mirror~?" he asked the young man, who seemed to be distracted by the skeleton that had just joined them. Sal withdrew his sword, tucking the blade back into his suit jacket.​

Reactions: The Myrmidon
A few notes written in plain English could be seen, but none of them seemed relevant. If a secret code was hidden inside the book, it was likely something only Rita herself could decipher.

@Krieg @The Great Detective @Sen @Those Searching the Lobby

---

If the jewellery held any special properties, it certainly didn't look it. Those who had seen Rita earlier would recall that the gem hadn't been cracked when she was alive. As Morrighan examined the jewellery, she'd find that item was loose around Rita's neck.

Looking down at the note, Jade would shrug at Saitama's questions. "Likely, Mr. C does mean myself, and the light is something she was attempting to fix in the ballroom. Rita had fixed it, but now that I think about it, she mentioned being accosted on the catwalk access to the lights by a guest of ours. Hm... As for Lady Melodia, well..." Jade managed a smile. "Not everyone gets along with each other."

"Anyway, I do think it would be a good idea to determine if anyone has weapons on their person. We were lax when it came to allowing weaponry, and perhaps that was an issue... But, if you'll excuse me for a moment--"

Jade left those of you around the body and began heading up to the stairs on the second floor.

@Arlathina @Alyto @Kaykay @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @The Silver Paladin @Verite @The Yuletide Tactician @Those Around the Body

---

You don't see anything around Rowen's body, but a trickle of blood has dripped down from his throat...

From behind you comes Jade, who sighs upon seeing Rowen's body. "You can get up, Rowen. The game's been cancelled."

Coughing, the dead man on the ground fluttered his eyes open.

RFMNBb9.png

"Huh? What's happened?" Rowen looked up at Yulia and nodded. "Sorry-- excuse me." As he stood up, Rowen took out a cloth in his pocket and wiped the blood off his face with it.

"It would seem someone has decided to commit an actual murder. It was Rita. I will need you to clean up the clues related to the fake murder so they don't get mixed up."

Rowen stared at Jade for a long moment, his mouth slightly agape. His eyes looked to the girls standing nearby, sadness apparent in his eyes. "... I see. Very well." With a bow, Rowen began scouring the hallway.

@york @Raven
Yulia
@Atomyk @Raven
K3okG2r.png

"We didn't run into those clues... Did we?" Yulia asked, looking back towards the area she had come from, a look of confusion, but, yet thoughtfullness was on her face as she did so... It seemed she was thinking again, though, the inner workings of her mind were rather mysterious indeed, she could be trying to "re-compile" the information she was given now that she knew some of the clues may have been for the original event... Or, she could simply be thinking of a tipped glass of water, or perhaps a fish jumping in the water, who knows...
tumblr_inline_mr6cyao31a1qz4rgp.jpg

Hajime turned over each of the blades handed to him for signs of blood before handing them, satisfied with what he had seen. As Ghostface countered his analysis, he paused for a moment, thinking over his hypothesis. Had he eliminated the possibility of the shards too soon? "No... No, I don't think that's right. Look at the mirror," He walked over to the mirror, gesturing to how it now hung askew, "The mirror isn't set right now, as if something had hit it really hard to knock it out of place. Could a punch hit it hard enough to knock it askew like that...?"

Wait... "Maybe someone..." Carefully, Hajime adjusted the mirror and checked behind it, looking to see if there was any sort of indication that someone had hid something there. The thought had occurred to him once he began to contemplate what could had knocked the mirror out of line, and now, he wanted to see if it was worth anything

@The Yuletide Tactician
HXa9WJC.jpg

kNYOLfW.jpg

sNxZh6N.jpg

tgFLA4D.jpg

latest

41xO7vjTWxL._SY300_.jpg

tumblr_inline_msxal3MJYH1qz4rgp.png

Mirror one, Hajime zero. "Well, at least we know there's nothing hidden behind the mirror..." Hajime muttered as he set the mirror back in place, trying as best as he could skew it as close as it had been before, "Anyways, back to my question, Ghost, could a quick punch really knock the mirror off center like you suggested? I don't think one quick hit would do that..."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @Atomyk

That's a skeleton.

Slavya
@The Yuletide Tactician @DapperDogman @Hazel-rah @The Silver Paladin @Sen @Atomyk

AkhX3zj.png

"Could someone have been smashed against the mirror?" Slavya asked, looking a little puzzled, it didn't seem like the killer was very efficient if they had just smashed their victim's head against the mirror before slashing their throats though... Perhaps Yulia might have a better idea about this?

That's a skeleton.

"Makes sense" Papyrus murmurs, using his top notch detective skills (His knowledge of pasta sauce, that is) to determine if any of the pieces of glass from mirror were in fact not just covered from the blood that flowed out of the girl's wound

@Atomyk

"Any possibility that she may have hit the back of her head on that mirror~?" he asked the young man, who seemed to be distracted by the skeleton that had just joined them. Sal withdrew his sword, tucking the blade back into his suit jacket.​
Yulia
@Atomyk @Raven
K3okG2r.png

"We didn't run into those clues... Did we?" Yulia asked, looking back towards the area she had come from, a look of confusion, but, yet thoughtfullness was on her face as she did so... It seemed she was thinking again, though, the inner workings of her mind were rather mysterious indeed, she could be trying to "re-compile" the information she was given now that she knew some of the clues may have been for the original event... Or, she could simply be thinking of a tipped glass of water, or perhaps a fish jumping in the water, who knows...

Slavya
@The Yuletide Tactician @DapperDogman @Hazel-rah @The Silver Paladin @Sen @Atomyk

AkhX3zj.png

"Could someone have been smashed against the mirror?" Slavya asked, looking a little puzzled, it didn't seem like the killer was very efficient if they had just smashed their victim's head against the mirror before slashing their throats though... Perhaps Yulia might have a better idea about this?

tumblr_inline_n9hn2toVPr1r2h8qj.png

Hajime cupped his chin for a moment, thinking to himself for a few moments, before nodding, "That's a good idea, Sal... Oh, and thank you for showing me your blade..." He walked back over to the body, gently lifting the deceased's head up to be able to look it over for any sort of bruising, nodding at Slavya's question, "Perhaps it occurred during a struggle?"

Last edited by a moderator:
g8L5duQ.png

"... The only clue related this fake murder was the trail of blood up the stairs. Rowen will make sure all the fake clues are discarded."

@york @Raven

---

Hajime would find a bruise in the underside of Rita's chin. The majority of her neck was obscured by the jewellery, but the slash across her throat was just above the item.

Papyrus would be unsure if one of the mirror shards were used to cut Rita's throat just by looking at them, but one shard did seem to fit the size of the wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.