Murder Tale I: Limited Starkweather Edition [Non-Canon]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack noticed Laura wince a little as she moved along. He stopped to talk about it before he called the lift down.

"Hey; if you want to slow down or rest for a minute just say; I'm not going to force you to keep going if you're hurting."

He pressed the button for the lift. It was quite high up; the electronic display said it was on floor 32 right now. He used the time to swing his backpack round to his front; he used his free hand to pluck out the key to his room before shifting his chest about a little to get the backpack around to his back again.

"Let's see; room 172. Floor 17 I suppose."

I see what they did there, clever little sods; using my date of birth as my room number. I hope it's in decent order; I wonder what this present is anyway? Probably just a prank...
"I'm fine. Just a little tender is all."

It was true, she could continue. If she stopped she wouldn't be able to continue for a while, she needed to keep going. Besides there would be time to stop when they reached what they now knew to be the 17th floor. Right after they found more clothes and freshened up.

When the button was pressed, she waited paciently for the arrival of the lift. It took a while, such a large hotel with so many people meant it would take a little while at least.
Laura had never liked lifts, being trapped in a little box run by machines lifting you from here to there. It wasn't the fear of the lift itself more the fear of it falling. Which was a rather rational fear, these things happen.

Moments later did the lift stop at the ground floor, its doors opening with a light 'ding' revealing no one inside. Laura could hear the generic elevator music from here, hushed in the background. As if a lift needed such a thing.

Reactions: Reaper Jack
"I'm fine. Just a little tender is all."

It was true, she could continue. If she stopped she wouldn't be able to continue for a while, she needed to keep going. Besides there would be time to stop when they reached what they now knew to be the 17th floor. Right after they found more clothes and freshened up.

When the button was pressed, she waited paciently for the arrival of the lift. It took a while, such a large hotel with so many people meant it would take a little while at least.
Laura had never liked lifts, being trapped in a little box run by machines lifting you from here to there. It wasn't the fear of the lift itself more the fear of it falling. Which was a rather rational fear, these things happen.

Moments later did the lift stop at the ground floor, its doors opening with a light 'ding' revealing no one inside. Laura could hear the generic elevator music from here, hushed in the background. As if a lift needed such a thing.
"Okay; just don't try and push yourself too hard."

Waiting for the lift took longer than Jack expected. Well; I suppose 32 floors is a long way for it to go; that's what? 250-odd metres? It can't have been a very fast-moving lift then. Jack felt relieved by that; slower lifts were generally safer as they placed less strain on the cables that held it aloft.

The lift arrived with a gentle 'ding'; it was empty; stepping inside with Laura; he pressed the button marked '17' and the doors closed behind them.

The lift got on it's way; he'd been right; it was slow. And all the more annoyingly; the lift music for this particular lift was just plain patronising. He'd never been a fan of lift music; but then; who in the Hell is?

"I always hated lift music. It's just annoying."

He shook his head; they'd get to where they were going soon enough.

Reactions: Laurioshock
"Okay; just don't try and push yourself too hard."

Waiting for the lift took longer than jack expected. Well; I suppose 32 floors is a long way for it to go; that's what? 250-odd metres? It can't have been a very fast-moving lift then. Jack felt relieved by that; slower lifts were generally safer as they placed less strain on the cables that held it aloft.

The lift arrived with a gentle 'ding'; it was empty; stepping inside with Laura; he pressed the button marked '17' and the doors closed behind them.

The lift got on it's way; he'd been right; it was slow. And all the more annoyingly; the lift music for this particular lift was just plain patronising. He'd never been a fan of lift music; but then; who in the Hell is?

"I always hated lift music. It's just annoying."

He shook his head; they'd get to where they were going soon enough.

Laura tapped her foot on the floor of the lift as it asended to its destination. It took a long time, she would have thought in a hotel like this they'd be quicker. The music in the background was painstaking to listen to. Almost as painful as the wounds she had been inflicked with. Well, maybe not that much.

"I know what you mean. Who needs it in a lift. Surely no one is in here long enough to need music."

A few moments later did the lift pull to a stop of floor 17. Revealing a corridor that stretched on forever. One of these rooms belonged to Jack. She hoped none of this was a trick, she assumed not but you can't be to careful.

"Room 172. Well theres 180 so it must be just down there." She said, tilting her head to the right as she couldn't point it out as she moved out of the lift with Jack.

Laura tapped her foot on the floor of the lift as it asended to its destination. It took a long time, she would have thought in a hotel like this they'd be quicker. The music in the background was painstaking to listen to. Almost as painful as the wounds she had been inflicked with. Well, maybe not that much.

"I know what you mean. Who needs it in a lift. Surely no one is in here long enough to need music."

A few moments later did the lift pull to a stop of floor 17. Revealing a corridor that stretched on forever. One of these rooms belonged to Jack. She hoped none of this was a trick, she assumed not but you can't be to careful.

"Room 172. Well theres 180 so it must be just down there." She said, tilting her head to the right as she couldn't point it out as she moved out of the lift with Jack.
"Best head down there then."

What the Hell is this corridor? It's far too long for just ten rooms; just how big are they?

They moved down it; Laura holding on to him again as before. The rooms passed them one by one.

179; 178; 177; 176.

They kept going; a minute or so after leaving the elevator they reached room 172; Jack placed the key in the lock and turned it anti-clockwise; he pushed the door open with his free hand and retrieved the key.

"Come on. Let's go sort ourselves out."

They walked in.

It was huge. Far larger than any hotel room he'd been in; but it was no penthouse suite. There were two beds; both doubles. What the Hell do I need two for? There was only one bathroom; but it boasted two of everything as well; two sinks, two toilets; two showers and two baths. What's with this place? He couldn't see anything that might be his 'present' that was mentioned earlier. Strange; is it contained in a wardrobe or something; is there an adjoining room?

"So this is how the 1% live? It's extravagant but...I can't say I really like it...."

"Best head down there then."

What the Hell is this corridor? It's far too long for just ten rooms; just how big are they?

They moved down it; Laura holding on to him again as before. The rooms passed them one by one.

179; 178; 177; 176.

They kept going; a minute or so after leaving the elevator they reached room 172; Jack placed the key in the lock and turned it anti-clockwise; he pushed the door open with his free hand and retrieved the key.

"Come on. Let's go sort ourselves out."

They walked in.

It was huge. Far larger than any hotel room he'd been in; but it was no penthouse suite. There were two beds; both doubles. What the Hell do I need two for? There was only one bathroom; but it boasted two of everything as well; two sinks, two toilets; two showers and two baths. What's with this place? He couldn't see anything that might be his 'present' that was mentioned earlier. Strange; is it contained in a wardrobe or something; is there an adjoining room?

"So this is how the 1% live? It's extravagant but...I can't say I really like it...."
"Wow--a girl could get used to this."

The room was huge with everything you could think of needing contained within its walls. The bed looked comfy, well as comfortable as a bed can be. With so many pillows you couldn't possibly need.
The bathroom was, well what she would dream of if she slept. It had two of everything, it felt like a sin to dirty such a nice bathroom but it was a luxury to have such a place.

"I'm not going to say I dont like it. It has a bed and a bathroom. And by the looks of the wardrobe; clothes too."

Thats where she went first, unlinking her arm from around Jack and supported herself, moving herself over to the large beautifully carved wardrobe. Using her good hand she opened it up to reveal all sorts of clothes in all different sizes.
Not looking for anything special, she picked up a generic black t-shirt that looked like a mens style though it looked small enough to fit her. It would do her.
As for jeans she found a small pair tucked at the back that looked about her size that would do just fine as well. She didn't need anything fancy, just practical.

"Wow--a girl could get used to this."

The room was huge with everything you could think of needing contained within its walls. The bed looked comfy, well as comfortable as a bed can be. With so many pillows you couldn't possibly need.
The bathroom was, well what she would dream of if she slept. It had two of everything, it felt like a sin to dirty such a nice bathroom but it was a luxury to have such a place.

"I'm not going to say I dont like it. It has a bed and a bathroom. And by the looks of the wardrobe; clothes too."

Thats where she went first, unlinking her arm from around Jack and supported herself, moving herself over to the large beautifully carved wardrobe. Using her good hand she opened it up to reveal all sorts of clothes in all different sizes.
Not looking for anything special, she picked up a generic black t-shirt that looked like a mens style though it looked small enough to fit her. It would do her.
As for jeans she found a small pair tucked at the back that looked about her size that would do just fine as well. She didn't need anything fancy, just practical.
Perhaps it was more to her tastes than it was to his.

But then it did have all the practicalities they needed for now. He also went to the wardrobe to pick out some more clothes; he picked up a black shirt not dissimilar to the one Laura had picked up; he also decided to grab a black jacket as well; it looked a little like a pea coat; only it had a far longer tail on it and wasn't as thick. Well; at least I won't catch a cold or hypothermia now he thought.

He didn't clothe himself immediately however; it would be kind of pointless to put clean clothes on over the mess he was in right now.

"Hey; I'm going to use the shower; unless you want to go in there first?"

Perhaps it was more to her tastes than it was to his.

But then it did have all the practicalities they needed for now. He also went to the wardrobe to pick out some more clothes; he picked up a black shirt not dissimilar to the one Laura had picked up; he also decided to grab a black jacket as well; it looked a little like a pea coat; only it had a far longer tail on it and wasn't as thick. Well; at least I won't catch a cold or hypothermia now he thought.

He didn't clothe himself immediately however; it would be kind of pointless to put clean clothes on over the mess he was in right now.

"Hey; I'm going to use the shower; unless you want to go in there first?"

"No you go ahead; I'm just going to sit down for a little while."

She placed her clothes down onto one of the two beds, deciding it was best to wait until after a shower or wash to change clothes. Putting them on now would be pointless nad would only dirty them.
Deciding it best to have a little more layering for herself she went back to the wardrobe and picked out a soft hoddie that had a zip to do it up. It would provide her warmth. It too was black. Keeping colours dark might be helpful at some point.
Placing that too by her clothes she set herself down carefully into one of the wooden chairs at a small table. It would be easier to get up from a harder chair than a softer one. It would require less of a push. Not as comfortbale but it was nice to sit down. It relieved her aches and throbbing wounds just a little.

For now she was just content in the silence and calm of this room.

"No you go ahead; I'm just going to sit down for a little while."

She placed her clothes down onto one of the two beds, deciding it was best to wait until after a shower or wash to change clothes. Putting them on now would be pointless nad would only dirty them.
Deciding it best to have a little more layering for herself she went back to the wardrobe and picked out a soft hoddie that had a zip to do it up. It would provide her warmth. It too was black. Keeping colours dark might be helpful at some point.
Placing that too by her clothes she set herself down carefully into one of the wooden chairs at a small table. It would be easier to get up from a harder chair than a softer one. It would require less of a push. Not as comfortbale but it was nice to sit down. It relieved her aches and throbbing wounds just a little.

For now she was just content in the silence and calm of this room.
Jack nodded.

"Okay; I'll do that."

As he went to the bathroom; he murmured to himself.

"I hope they have big enough towels here; it'll be a bit embarrassing if they're not wide enough to fit round me..."

He stepped in to the bathroom and removed the rest of his clothing; placing it on top of what appeared to be a washing basket. He was filthy. Dried mud caked his lower legs; dried blood; mostly Laura's from when he was fixing her up, covered most of his arms and torso. There was a good deal on his abdomen from where he'd wiped her face on his shirt after that severed head incident too. To make matters worse; sweat had allowed it all to run downwards; so where he'd hoped his jeans had covered everything and stopped it from getting too messy; he was wrong. Oh Hell it's got down there? This isn't going to be fun at all. Let's try and find the strongest cleaning agent in the house shall we?

He set to looking for it; there were some pretty weird looking bottles here; maybe he just wasn't used to foreign brands. There was a worrying amount of cleaning products that were clearly aimed at women here too. No way; did they expect me to bring a woman back here? Is that why the place is so large? That's gotta be bullshit. His 'present' still wasn't here either. He found a bottle of men's wash that looked okay; it was a Lynx brand. Even here I get Lynx; every birthday, every Christmas; this stuff is all I get; now here too? It didn't matter.

He stepped into the shower and got to scrubbing himself down; the water was nice; hot but not scolding. He took a moment to just relax and let it trickle down him. That's nice. It had been a while since he'd had a proper wash; he always enjoyed it. Getting back to scrubbing; it would be another twenty minutes before he was satisfied that almost all the muck and blood was gone.

He stepped back out and picked up a towel; it was of a reasonable size; he tied it up around his abdomen; it covered everywhere from there to his lower thighs. Picking up his dirty clothes; he left the bathroom and went back out into the main bedroom. Come to think of it; I'm going to need new trousers; socks and underwear aren't I? No point putting dirty ones back on. The only thing Jack would keep on was the belt; if the trousers turned up too large he didn't want them dropping down. He headed over to the wardrobe to pick out what he needed; talking to Laura on the way.

"I'm all done; there's a load of wash stuff in there; I was spoilt for choice."

Jack nodded.

"Okay; I'll do that."

As he went to the bathroom; he murmured to himself.

"I hope they have big enough towels here; it'll be a bit embarrassing if they're not wide enough to fit round me..."

He stepped in to the bathroom and removed the rest of his clothing; placing it on top of what appeared to be a washing basket. He was filthy. Dried mud caked his lower legs; dried blood; mostly Laura's from when he was fixing her up, covered most of his arms and torso. There was a good deal on his abdomen from where he'd wiped her face on his shirt after that severed head incident too. To make matters worse; sweat had allowed it all to run downwards; so where he'd hoped his jeans had covered everything and stopped it from getting too messy; he was wrong. Oh Hell it's got down there? This isn't going to be fun at all. Let's try and find the strongest cleaning agent in the house shall we?

He set to looking for it; there were some pretty weird looking bottles here; maybe he just wasn't used to foreign brands. There was a worrying amount of cleaning products that were clearly aimed at women here too. No way; did they expect me to bring a woman back here? Is that why the place is so large? That's gotta be bullshit. His 'present' still wasn't here either. He found a bottle of men's wash that looked okay; it was a Lynx brand. Even here I get Lynx; every birthday, every Christmas; this stuff is all I get; now here too? It didn't matter.

He stepped into the shower and got to scrubbing himself down; the water was nice; hot but not scolding. He took a moment to just relax and let it trickle down him. That's nice. It had been a while since he'd had a proper wash; he always enjoyed it. Getting back to scrubbing; it would be another twenty minutes before he was satisfied that almost all the muck and blood was gone.

He stepped back out and picked up a towel; it was of a reasonable size; he tied it up around his abdomen; it covered everywhere from there to his lower thighs. Picking up his dirty clothes; he left the bathroom and went back out into the main bedroom. Come to think of it; I'm going to need new trousers; socks and underwear aren't I? No point putting dirty ones back on. The only thing Jack would keep on was the belt; if the trousers turned up too large he didn't want them dropping down. He headed over to the wardrobe to pick out what he needed; talking to Laura on the way.

"I'm all done; there's a load of wash stuff in there; I was spoilt for choice."
When Jack reappeared Laura had already gotten herself up and had found herself a set of underwear and socks. She would have to keep the bra she had but as long as everything else was new that didn't bother her.

"Then I'll go to town. Good thing you still have that medical stuff, I'll have to patch up my wounds after this."

With that she picked up all her new clothes and made her way to the bathroom, unlike Jack she was going to get dressed and ready in there. Though she could use a hand with the dressings afterwards but that only required her to lift her shirt.

Disappearing into the bathroom she locked the door behind her. Once inside she placed her fresh clothes on the counter top near the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked terrible, blood soaked and sweat stained. Not to mention the mess that was her hair. She'd have a good wash. Though she knew showering would cause some discomfort it was nessesary.

Stripping off what was left of her clothes, throwing all to the side that she didn't need, keeping the bra on the other pile. Taking off her dressings she frowned at the mess behind them. Though the bleeding had stopped they looked angry.

Its very hard to do anything with one arm. But she managed get clean herself and her hair, it just took her a smile and a lot of pain. But she did it.
Once out she dried herself as best she could, wrapped a towel around her hair and got dressed, another task that isn't easy.

She felt clean, ready. Rolling up her shirt making it look like a crop top she revealed her wound, it was oozing a little from being moved so much. That was easily patched, her shoulder was more of a flesh wound and was looking okay.

Replacing her shoes onto her feet, with her hair still in a towel on her head she slowly exited the bathroom looking a hell of a lot better.

"Well that wasn't easy. But I feel much better."

When Jack reappeared Laura had already gotten herself up and had found herself a set of underwear and socks. She would have to keep the bra she had but as long as everything else was new that didn't bother her.

"Then I'll go to town. Good thing you still have that medical stuff, I'll have to patch up my wounds after this."

With that she picked up all her new clothes and made her way to the bathroom, unlike Jack she was going to get dressed and ready in there. Though she could use a hand with the dressings afterwards but that only required her to lift her shirt.

Disappearing into the bathroom she locked the door behind her. Once inside she placed her fresh clothes on the counter top near the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked terrible, blood soaked and sweat stained. Not to mention the mess that was her hair. She'd have a good wash. Though she knew showering would cause some discomfort it was nessesary.

Stripping off what was left of her clothes, throwing all to the side that she didn't need, keeping the bra on the other pile. Taking off her dressings she frowned at the mess behind them. Though the bleeding had stopped they looked angry.

Its very hard to do anything with one arm. But she managed get clean herself and her hair, it just took her a smile and a lot of pain. But she did it.
Once out she dried herself as best she could, wrapped a towel around her hair and got dressed, another task that isn't easy.

She felt clean, ready. Rolling up her shirt making it look like a crop top she revealed her wound, it was oozing a little from being moved so much. That was easily patched, her shoulder was more of a flesh wound and was looking okay.

Replacing her shoes onto her feet, with her hair still in a towel on her head she slowly exited the bathroom looking a hell of a lot better.

"Well that wasn't easy. But I feel much better."
By this time Jack was fully dressed again; rather than Jeans; he'd managed to pick out a pair of Black Cargos instead. Adding that to the backpack and coat; he had all the storage space he could possibly want now. He took another look at the coat; it was even longer than he'd originally suspected; it was actually more of a Trench Coat really. The tail coming down to the heel of his boots almost. He'd not got fully dressed yet; he'd put the trousers and socks on; then laid down on one of the beds; he was very nearly asleep by the time Laura returned.

"...huh? Whazzhat?" He said groggily; he sat up; resting his weight on one arm while rubbing his eyes with his free hand. "Oh; okay; do you need your dressings seeing to again?"

Unlike him; she'd decided to take her clothes with her into the bathroom and got changed in there. Maybe she's a little more sensitive about that sort of thing than me? It hardly mattered; but maybe if she was dressed she'd already seen to her wounds? Guess he'd find out in a minute.

By this time Jack was fully dressed again; rather than Jeans; he'd managed to pick out a pair of Black Cargos instead. Adding that to the backpack and coat; he had all the storage space he could possibly want now. He took another look at the coat; it was even longer than he'd originally suspected; it was actually more of a Trench Coat really. The tail coming down to the heel of his boots almost. He'd not got fully dressed yet; he'd put the trousers and socks on; then laid down on one of the beds; he was very nearly asleep by the time Laura returned.

"...huh? Whazzhat?" He said groggily; he sat up; resting his weight on one arm while rubbing his eyes with his free hand. "Oh; okay; do you need your dressings seeing to again?"

Unlike him; she'd decided to take her clothes with her into the bathroom and got changed in there. Maybe she's a little more sensitive about that sort of thing than me? It hardly mattered; but maybe if she was dressed she'd already seen to her wounds? Guess he'd find out in a minute.
"Oh--sorry. You go back to sleep. I can sort it."

She felt bad for having woken him up, or pulled him back from the brink of sleep. He looked tired and she was sure it was hard not to want to sleep when you have use of such a comfy looking bed.

"I got my shoulder done that was easy. But the other ones a bit harder to do with one hand." She said gently as she made her way to the desk where the back pack sat. Her movements faster now but not any less strained. She was just getting used to it and taking the pain with a pinch of salt. Tehre was no getting away with it, so time to try and live with it.

Taking out another dressing and some tape (like she had earlier after her shower for her shoulder) set them onto the table, lifting her shirt a little more with the hand from her good arm to give her more of a good look, difficult to bend to see it due to where her wound was.

"Oh--sorry. You go back to sleep. I can sort it."

She felt bad for having woken him up, or pulled him back from the brink of sleep. He looked tired and she was sure it was hard not to want to sleep when you have use of such a comfy looking bed.

"I got my shoulder done that was easy. But the other ones a bit harder to do with one hand." She said gently as she made her way to the desk where the back pack sat. Her movements faster now but not any less strained. She was just getting used to it and taking the pain with a pinch of salt. Tehre was no getting away with it, so time to try and live with it.

Taking out another dressing and some tape (like she had earlier after her shower for her shoulder) set them onto the table, lifting her shirt a little more with the hand from her good arm to give her more of a good look, difficult to bend to see it due to where her wound was.
"It's alright; I'll deal with that one; you'll just make it worse if you don't patch it up properly."

He swung his legs down off the bed and came over; taking the dressing and tape off of Laura and setting to work; the wound was freshly cleaned already this time; so he didn't have to worry about that; it was just a matter of applying the bandaging; he was done in a few minutes.

"There we are; we should probably think about changing those dressings at least once a day until it heals up a little more."

He stood back up and went back to the bed; he sat on the edge and flung himself down on it spread-eagled.

"When was the last time I slept?" He thought aloud. I have no idea.

"It's alright; I'll deal with that one; you'll just make it worse if you don't patch it up properly."

He swung his legs down off the bed and came over; taking the dressing and tape off of Laura and setting to work; the wound was freshly cleaned already this time; so he didn't have to worry about that; it was just a matter of applying the bandaging; he was done in a few minutes.

"There we are; we should probably think about changing those dressings at least once a day until it heals up a little more."

He stood back up and went back to the bed; he sat on the edge and flung himself down on it spread-eagled.

"When was the last time I slept?" He thought aloud. I have no idea.

Laura stood perfectly still as Jack got to work patching her up, only taking a few minutes to get the dressing in place. At least it wouldn't take long to change every so often.

"Thanks--good idea. We've got plenty."

Replacing the roll of tape into the rucksack she zipped it up. Then she rolled down her t-shirt over the dressing. She finally felt refreshed and clean, comfortable in her new clothes, or as comfortable as you can be with gun shot wounds.

"I have no idea. Not properly in a while I guess. When we woke up back in that hospital it was drugs so you can't really call it sleep."

She moved herself to the bed opposite and slowly sat herself down, propped up against the headboard, the pillows providing her cusioning which was bliss.

"Why dont you take a little nap, we could both do with one."

She closed her eyes as she sat, feeling okay for the first time in a while. That didn't stop the thought of it all ending soon.

Laura stood perfectly still as Jack got to work patching her up, only taking a few minutes to get the dressing in place. At least it wouldn't take long to change every so often.

"Thanks--good idea. We've got plenty."

Replacing the roll of tape into the rucksack she zipped it up. Then she rolled down her t-shirt over the dressing. She finally felt refreshed and clean, comfortable in her new clothes, or as comfortable as you can be with gun shot wounds.

"I have no idea. Not properly in a while I guess. When we woke up back in that hospital it was drugs so you can't really call it sleep."

She moved herself to the bed opposite and slowly sat herself down, propped up against the headboard, the pillows providing her cusioning which was bliss.

"Why dont you take a little nap, we could both do with one."

She closed her eyes as she sat, feeling okay for the first time in a while. That didn't stop the thought of it all ending soon.
Jack lay staring at the ceiling; his eyes wanting to shut of their own accord.

"Alright I'll do that. We've been through quite a lot; we definitely need the sleep."

He slowly melted down into the fold of the sheets as his weight pushed on them; it was impossible to resist it; he shut his eyes. Within seconds he'd fallen fast asleep; breathing gently; his chest rising and falling in tune with those breaths. He didn't snore; but perhaps his breathing was just a tiny bit louder than normal.

Maybe he'd dream...maybe he wouldn't...

Maybe I should try and make some friends. Working together is probably better than going alone. Unless it's the traitor, but what are the odds of that?

Rising from the bed, he paused at the door to wonder if he should leave the gun behind.

Nah, you never know what could happen.

He went back tot he lobby to see what was going on.

Jack lay staring at the ceiling; his eyes wanting to shut of their own accord.

"Alright I'll do that. We've been through quite a lot; we definitely need the sleep."

He slowly melted down into the fold of the sheets as his weight pushed on them; it was impossible to resist it; he shut his eyes. Within seconds he'd fallen fast asleep; breathing gently; his chest rising and falling in tune with those breaths. He didn't snore; but perhaps his breathing was just a tiny bit louder than normal.

Maybe he'd dream...maybe he wouldn't...
Though Laura believed sleep wouldn't come easily to her because of all she had been through and seen, the meer fear of something happening while she was alseep was what she thought enough to plague her mind. To her amazement almost as soon as she closed her eyes was she asleep, her breathing evened out as she dropped deeper into her mind, her body finally relaxing properly. Free from pain and free from the bad memories.

She didn't dream, that was a relief. It was bad enough her life right now was a nightmare, but to dream such things would be just as traumatizing.

Unaware of how long she was alseep laura came too slowly, disorientated as to where she was. Her eyes fluttered open to reveal a large room, she knew where she was. Part of her had wished it had all been a bad dream. Unfortunately it was just a bad reality.
Lifting a hand to her face, she was about to rub her eyes when a shoot of pain flashed through her shoulder.

"Shit." She winced dropping her arm, she couldn't lift it that high, though she had a little more movement in it now than she did earlier. Instead she used her other hand and wiped the sleep away from her eyes and let herself wake fully.
She was still sat in the same place as she had gone to sleep, looking to her left she could see Jack still out of it in his world of sleep.
Twisting herself off the bed she moved across the room quietly to grab herself a drink from the mini bar, she could have anything but she instead stuck to a bottle of water. No need to cloud her mind with alcohol.

Though Laura believed sleep wouldn't come easily to her because of all she had been through and seen, the meer fear of something happening while she was alseep was what she thought enough to plague her mind. To her amazement almost as soon as she closed her eyes was she asleep, her breathing evened out as she dropped deeper into her mind, her body finally relaxing properly. Free from pain and free from the bad memories.

She didn't dream, that was a relief. It was bad enough her life right now was a nightmare, but to dream such things would be just as traumatizing.

Unaware of how long she was alseep laura came too slowly, disorientated as to where she was. Her eyes fluttered open to reveal a large room, she knew where she was. Part of her had wished it had all been a bad dream. Unfortunately it was just a bad reality.
Lifting a hand to her face, she was about to rub her eyes when a shoot of pain flashed through her shoulder.

"Shit." She winced dropping her arm, she couldn't lift it that high, though she had a little more movement in it now than she did earlier. Instead she used her other hand and wiped the sleep away from her eyes and let herself wake fully.
She was still sat in the same place as she had gone to sleep, looking to her left she could see Jack still out of it in his world of sleep.
Twisting herself off the bed she moved across the room quietly to grab herself a drink from the mini bar, she could have anything but she instead stuck to a bottle of water. No need to cloud her mind with alcohol.
Some time later; Jack wasn't exactly sure when; he awoke. Now he was a pretty heavy sleeper; and if he didn't have to get up; he could sleep for a very long time. He couldn't see Laura on the other bed; but then he couldn't see much at all right now. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, looking about the room. She was just on the opposite side of her bed; she appeared to have found a mini-bar of sorts. Maybe I ought to get a drink as well. He stood up and walked over to her; leaning against the wall an picking an orange juice out for himself.

"How long was I out? I still feel half-asleep."

Some time later; Jack wasn't exactly sure when; he awoke. Now he was a pretty heavy sleeper; and if he didn't have to get up; he could sleep for a very long time. He couldn't see Laura on the other bed; but then he couldn't see much at all right now. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, looking about the room. She was just on the opposite side of her bed; she appeared to have found a mini-bar of sorts. Maybe I ought to get a drink as well. He stood up and walked over to her; leaning against the wall an picking an orange juice out for himself.

"How long was I out? I still feel half-asleep."
"Welcome back."

Laura stood taking a swig from the bottle of water she had uncapped. It was cool and refreshing, quenching her thrist. There were also a few chocolate bars and general little food stuffs to eat inside the mini fridge.

"I have no idea. I only got up about five minutes ago. You looked dead to the world. I dont know how long we were out though."

She shrugged her good shoulder and set down her bottle of water after replacing the cap onto the top. Picking out a granola bar from the mini fridge she ripped open the packet and took a bite, realising how famished she really was. That didn't last long and within minutes was good. Licking her lips and fingers she tossed the wrapper into the bin. This was some treatment, but did this all mean something bad was going to come thier way? Most likely.

"Welcome back."

Laura stood taking a swig from the bottle of water she had uncapped. It was cool and refreshing, quenching her thrist. There were also a few chocolate bars and general little food stuffs to eat inside the mini fridge.

"I have no idea. I only got up about five minutes ago. You looked dead to the world. I dont know how long we were out though."

She shrugged her good shoulder and set down her bottle of water after replacing the cap onto the top. Picking out a granola bar from the mini fridge she ripped open the packet and took a bite, realising how famished she really was. That didn't last long and within minutes was good. Licking her lips and fingers she tossed the wrapper into the bin. This was some treatment, but did this all mean something bad was going to come thier way? Most likely.
"Yeah I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. I guess we'll find out what the time is later..."

He took a look around in the fridge and picked up some whole fat milk; after he did a bit more searching; he found corn flakes and a rather large bowl on the side; and small pot for cutlery; he poured everything into the bowl; unashamedly filling it to the brim; corn flakes weren't his favourite but he was damned hungry.

"This is a bit much don't you think?" Jack said; gesturing to the contents of the mini-fridge. "I mean; why are they giving us all this?" He spoke through mouthfuls of cereal.

(What did I miss? Are we still in groups? I saw you deleted my past posts and thank you this time my post will make sense. I got my glasses now! I CAN READ!! THANK GOD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.