Murder Tale I: Limited Starkweather Edition [Non-Canon]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trailed closely behind, crossing my arms, "Well, I'm scared!" I joked. She was an attractive female, cute mostly, and I'm sure THAT has it's own perks, "Though, I'm seriously gunna take a shower. We've been in blood and dirt all day, sooooo yeah, gunna get cleaned up. I'll use my own shower for that... unless you wanna share!" I gave off another grin, a bit pervy, sure, but hey, what can you do if you're going to die soon anyway, right?

Giggling at his joke, I shake my head no and go lay on my bed for a few minutes before I go take a shower. " I wonder who's the next victim I hope I get to see this time." I say to myself in a low voice with a little smile. five minutes later I decide to go take a shower. In a way I like someone is watching me but I don't care I love the feeling of nice warm water running down my aching body . I wash my hair then my body. After i just relax in the shower for a lil bit longer. " it feels so nice to be clean..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Giggling at his joke, I shake my head no and go lay on my bed for a few minutes before I go take a shower. " I wonder who's the next victim I hope I get to see this time." I say to myself in a low voice with a little smile. five minutes later I decide to go take a shower. In a way I like school is watching me but I don't care I love the feeling of nice warm water running down my aching body . I wash my hair then my body. After i just relax in the shower for a lil bit longer. " if you're so nice to be clean..."
I offer a small smile, "Alright, I'll uh, take a shower or something..." I head over to my room, nothing special, really. I flip the water on, washing my dirty body and hair with soap. Wow, Starkweather didn't spare any expenses here! I giggle to myself... I couldn't help notice a little peephole in my shower. There's something sprawled across the top in black: "GIVE IN." I paused, shaking my head.

Reactions: Reaper Jack
INTERLUDE:
You found yourself standing in the midst of a 5-Star Hotel: It was massive, towering over most structures in Carcer City – the best part, however, was how well kept it was – you could see golden lights glimmer from within, the exterior was recently polished, a velvet red carpet adorned the entrance. A blue neon light sparked on, revealing the name 'Hilton' at it's brim: However, due to certain unfortunate events, you had to take the back door.
76b4d89b45fb70dc02ddf8aa4f077585.jpg

"Welcome to your moment of reprieve, kiddies. All reservations for this set are paid by yours truly, Director Lionel Starkweather. You're going to stay here for the night until mid-day, I'm preparing our next scene in the meantime. Oh, and all refreshments, food, and commodities are paid for. So enjoy it before it ends!"

A pause.
"... And on a final note: All 'veteran' Murder Gamers, I've left you presents in your rooms. Check it out."
Creeeek... the back door, forged from stainless steel, and reinforced with iron, budged open. You gasp, opening your mouth, in utter awe as you spot this:

An elegant, well-furnished lobby, decked out with the finest liquor you'd ever taste. Ruby red sofas, polished marble floors, and lined-up columns stacked the place up. An attractive female, sporting blonde hair, blue eyes, simply smiled. On Starkweather's paygrade, no doubt. A line of keys met your gaze, a name and room number on each.
fancy-hotel-lobby.jpg

"Welcome! How may I be of service?"
Welcome to the Hotel! The kills and banishments WILL be posted @ Round Two. PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE. Oh, and you don't have too long to stay here. I'd say... this interludes ends by tonight or tomorrow! So have fun! Btw, there's a med lab in the Hotel. All injured are there!
CAST LIST:
@Akibahara as Adam (NPC)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Cody
@Dallas as "Gage"
@C92cool as Chris
@Gadwall7 as Grant
@MrDubWubs as Michael
@Reaper Jack as Jack
@MattieLee as Leesa
@JayJay as Jenna
@Xibilation as Natalie
@La Muerte as Tyler
@LittleMissTinkerToy as Lydia
@Melancholy as Amber
@Cres as Bryan Cordova
@phantasmagoricStoner as Batrisyia
@JextheShadow as Mark
@Laura as Laura
@The Gil as Gil Vieira
@The Last Outlaw as Nathan
@seeing the reflection as Nia
@dunaway5 as Jake
@Lunar-Eclipse as Alyce
@AlekseyVN1922 as Aleksey Vasilyevich Nevzorov
@Sandra as Salwa

Laura guessed she had been taken to the hotel anyway. The journey had been rough and fast to get here. But all she could do on the way was lay there and panic, she had no escape and she was with this mad doctor. Who she didn't think was going to make her any better...

Tears welled in her eyes as she let him wheel her out and into the back of the hotel into what looked like a medical bay. She wanted out. She should have said no...of she said no she could just get going to the hotel on her own, well not on her own she would still have Jack around.

Her bottom lip quivered as she lay there in the new surrounding, trying not to cry or whine. She just wanted to leave. It wasn't safe here at all and she knew it.

The pain emitting from her gun shoot wounds was dulling taken over by the fear of what would happen next.
I don't wanna die...please dont hurt me...I just wanna go home.

// My traitor vote goes to C92Cool cause the bum voted for me. //

It seemed Jack was a little late to the Hotel.

Well. He had been caught up in quite a bit more than the others; he walked in; he imagined he was quite a sight; covered in Laura's drying blood and completely naked from the waist up; oh well, it's not like anyone seemed to give a fuck about any of that anymore.

He walked up to the reception desk.

"Room and board; if you could."

Pretending everything was normal; geez, he'd lost all semblance of caring; he had noticed a sign for a medical bay though; so he'd go along with this surreal bullshit for now. What the Hell was a hotel doing with a medical bay after all? Laura might be there.

The desk clerk passed him his key.

"Here you are sir; enjoy your stay." She said; emphasising the 'enjoy'.

He ignored her comment and collected the key; dropping it into his backpack; he hadn't even checked the room number. He didn't honestly care right now. Turning away; he followed the signs for the medbay, passing through corridor after corridor to get there; each one feeling longer than the last; not knowing whether Laura was there and safe; his gut wrenching at the thought of what might have happened to her...

He made it; he went in; it was white and sterile; just like the inside of a hospital. His eyes darted to and fro; there were a few people here; but only one would have Laura's characteristically red/auburn hair, exactly the colour I like best he mused, oh shut up Jack; that's not what you're here for. He passed along the beds; at the end stood a seemingly mad doctor; wait...it was the one from before...sure enough; at the head of the bed; he caught a shimmer of that hair. Laura's hair. His heart rate sped up tremendously in just those few seconds; you're here; thank you...

He made his way straight to her; shoving the Doctor aside.

"Get out; or I'll make you. If you've done anything to harm her; I'll kill you. Got that?"

Without his goons around to protect him; the Doctor scarpered; though it was probably in no small part due to the fact that he'd just been approached by a pissed off looking guy with no shirt who was reasonably well-toned (I don't have a six-pack or am overly muscular or anything; just a toned body) and looked able to throttle him without too much trouble. Good, now he could be with Laura again; it was all either of them wanted. He came and set himself down next to her; brushing a lock of hair off of her features, he smiled.

"I'm here now."

// My traitor vote goes to C92Cool cause the bum voted for me. //

It seemed Jack was a little late to the Hotel.

Well. He had been caught up in quite a bit more than the others; he walked in; he imagined he was quite a sight; covered in Laura's drying blood and completely naked from the waist up; oh well, it's not like anyone seemed to give a fuck about any of that anymore.

He walked up to the reception desk.

"Room and board; if you could."

Pretending everything was normal; geez, he'd lost all semblance of caring; he had noticed a sign for a medical bay though; so he'd go along with this surreal bullshit for now. What the Hell was a hotel doing with a medical bay after all? Laura might be there.

The desk clerk passed him his key.

"Here you are sir; enjoy your stay." She said; emphasising the 'enjoy'.

He ignored her comment and collected the key; dropping it into his backpack; he hadn't even checked the room number. He didn't honestly care right now. Turning away; he followed the signs for the medbay, passing through corridor after corridor to get there; each one feeling longer than the last; not knowing whether Laura was there and safe; his gut wrenching at the thought of what might have happened to her...

He made it; he went in; it was white and sterile; just like the inside of a hospital. His eyes darted to and fro; there were a few people here; but only one would have Laura's characteristically red/auburn hair, exactly the colour I like best he mused, oh shut up Jack; that's not what you're here for. He passed along the beds; at the end stood a seemingly mad doctor; wait...it was the one from before...sure enough; at the head of the bed; he caught a shimmer of that hair. Laura's hair. His heart rate sped up tremendously in just those few seconds; you're here; thank you...

He made his way straight to her; shoving the Doctor aside.

"Get out; or I'll make you. If you've done anything to harm her; I'll kill you. Got that?"

Without his goons around to protect him; the Doctor scarpered; though it was probably in no small part due to the fact that he'd just been approached by a pissed off looking guy with no shirt who was reasonably well-toned (I don't have a six-pack or am overly muscular or anything; just a toned body) and looked able to throttle him without too much trouble. Good, now he could be with Laura again; it was all either of them wanted. He came and set himself down next to her; brushing a lock of hair off of her features, he smiled.

"I'm here now."

The room was unbearably while and sterile, it was clean which was a nice difference to the horrific places they had left. But she could just imagine that mad doctor 'helping' by spilling red blood all over the nice white room.
She had no way out, this man was insane and she was stable but in no state to get up and fight him to get out and into the hotel. If only he could just leave her there and let her go. But where was the fun in that?

What seemed like an age later did a door open to the room. Shifting her head to the side did she catch sight of Jack. He must be crazy, he had a chance to get to his room and enjoy his time before the games began again. Yet here we was. She had definitely picked a good friend and allie in him.

"It's good to see you. That wasn't the smoothest ride of my life. Thought I'd be in a worse state by now...But you managed to get here okay."

She calmed, feeling relieved she had a friend back. She didn't have to go it alone anymore. She feared being alone and in pain, now she wasn't alone.
They looked a rum bunch of dirty and stained people in a stark white room, such a contrast.

How she wished none of this had happened. If only she could have turned back the clock and never signed up to that roleplay. None of this wouldn't happen, she would be home with her family, her other half and her friends. Life would be so much easier. But now here she was, wounded and scared. Waiting to see if her life was going to be taken from her.

The room was unbearably while and sterile, it was clean which was a nice difference to the horrific places they had left. But she could just imagine that mad doctor 'helping' by spilling red blood all over the nice white room.
She had no way out, this man was insane and she was stable but in no state to get up and fight him to get out and into the hotel. If only he could just leave her there and let her go. But where was the fun in that?

What seemed like an age later did a door open to the room. Shifting her head to the side did she catch sight of Jack. He must be crazy, he had a chance to get to his room and enjoy his time before the games began again. Yet here we was. She had definitely picked a good friend and allie in him.

"It's good to see you. That wasn't the smoothest ride of my life. Thought I'd be in a worse state by now...But you managed to get here okay."

She calmed, feeling relieved she had a friend back. She didn't have to go it alone anymore. She feared being alone and in pain, now she wasn't alone.
They looked a rum bunch of dirty and stained people in a stark white room, such a contrast.

How she wished none of this had happened. If only she could have turned back the clock and never signed up to that roleplay. None of this wouldn't happen, she would be home with her family, her other half and her friends. Life would be so much easier. But now here she was, wounded and scared. Waiting to see if her life was going to be taken from her.
"Smooth? Certainly wasn't. I'm glad you're not in any worse condition." He smiled again.

She seemed okay; good. He thought it would be best to ask her directly though.

"How are you feeling? They didn't...do anything to you; did they?"

If they had...that Doctor would be in a whole lot more danger very, very shortly.

"Smooth? Certainly wasn't. I'm glad you're not in any worse condition." He smiled again.

She seemed okay; good. He thought it would be best to ask her directly though.

"How are you feeling? They didn't...do anything to you; did they?"

If they had...that Doctor would be in a whole lot more danger very, very shortly.
"I'm definitely glad I'm not." She said with a small laugh, how she could laugh in a situation like this but she did. Relief and calm was a nice feeling. Assumably they were in a safe place, for now. In theory they had some time before they would be thrown to the lions again. Maybe even relax for a while, get cleaned up and ready. Prepare themselves for what was to come next.

"I feel like shit. But thats okay because I was shot. Truthfully I'm okay. Nothing I can't handle...so far."

Swinging herself around to the side she tensed as she moved to sit up, a slice of white hot pain seared her stomach but she was ready for that. She took a moment to get used to sitting up, the ache and pains of her muscles working in her abdomen, familiarsing herself to the pain.

"Are you?--Okay, I mean."

//My vote goes to @C92cool just cause he voted for my european union buddy. I was clueless as to who to go for also.//

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"I'm definitely glad I'm not." She said with a small laugh, how she could laugh in a situation like this but she did. Relief and calm was a nice feeling. Assumably they were in a safe place, for now. In theory they had some time before they would be thrown to the lions again. Maybe even relax for a while, get cleaned up and ready. Prepare themselves for what was to come next.

"I feel like shit. But thats okay because I was shot. Truthfully I'm okay. Nothing I can't handle...so far."

Swinging herself around to the side she tensed as she moved to sit up, a slice of white hot pain seared her stomach but she was ready for that. She took a moment to get used to sitting up, the ache and pains of her muscles working in her abdomen, familiarsing herself to the pain.

"Are you?--Okay, I mean."

//My vote goes too @JextheShadow, cause from what I've read he left his whole team behind in a burning school taking the key with him.//
Jack couldn't help but smile at her laughter. She was alright enough to laugh at her predicament; she was alright. I'm glad. He nodded at her words when she explained how she felt at the moment; no surprises there; like she said, she had been shot. Jack could barely imagine the intense pain that would have caused. He almost made to grab her as she pulled herself up and on to the side of the bed; sitting next to him; but relented; if she could handle it; he wasn't going to stop her, no matter how worried he might have been for her health. She was a human being with free will; he had to respect the choices she made for herself.

Her question caught him off-guard; it wasn't something he'd really thought about. After all; he'd killed two people and now he didn't feel...anything towards them. It had become natural. He hated that; but it had to be done. He supposed this was how soldiers felt after returning home; disengaged from the rest of society. They'd gone and been ordered to kill; and upon returning, nothing seemed right, normality had become strange. It was like their life had stopped.

"Me? I...don't really know. I feel...different somehow, I don't know what it is. Physically I'm okay, tired perhaps. But all good unless you want to count in the fact that I'm running around shirtless like Vladimir Putin right now." He chuckled at the last part. At least I still have a sense of humour he thought.

Jack couldn't help but smile at her laughter. She was alright enough to laugh at her predicament; she was alright. I'm glad. He nodded at her words when she explained how she felt at the moment; no surprises there; like she said, she had been shot. Jack could barely the intense pain that would have caused. He almost made to grab her as she pulled herself up and on to the side of the bed; sitting next to him; but relented; if she could handle it; he wasn't going to stop her, no matter how worried he might have been for her health. She was a human being with free will; he had to respect the choices she made for herself.

Her question caught him off-guard; it wasn't something he'd really thought about. After all; he'd killed two people and now he didn't feel...anything towards them. It had become natural. He hated that; but it had to be done. He supposed this was how soldiers felt after returning home; disengaged from the rest of society. They'd gone and been ordered to kill; and upon returning, nothing seemed right, normality had become strange. It was like their life had stopped.

"Me? I...don't really know. I feel...different somehow, I don't know what it is. Physically I'm okay, tired perhaps. But all good unless you want to count in the fact that I'm running around shirtless like Vladimir Putin right now." He chuckled at the last part. At least I still have a sense of humour he thought.

Jack's last comment brought a smile to her face, he had a sense of humour. That was good, especially after such an ordeal they had all been through. It was a sign that he truely was okay. Or okay enough to still be himself.

"I think we're all different now, in one way or another. You can't go through this without being changed. If anyone can...they must be insane already."

With her uninjured arm she lifted her hand to pull her hair back from her face. Some strands had fallen free from her tie. She was sure she looked a mess, just like most others. Blood caked her skin, dried and crusting, bruises forming from impacts she had taken. But none of it mattered as long as she was okay. Same for everyone, they might be battered and bruised, covered in blood or anything but at least they're okay.

Jack's last comment brought a smile to her face, he had a sense of humour. That was good, especially after such an ordeal they had all been through. It was a sign that he truely was okay. Or okay enough to still be himself.

"I think we're all different now, in one way or another. You can't go through this without being changed. If anyone can...they must be insane already."

With her uninjured arm she lifted her hand to pull her hair back from her face. Some strands had fallen free from her tie. She was sure she looked a mess, just like most others. Blood caked her skin, dried and crusting, bruises forming from impacts she had taken. But none of it mattered as long as she was okay. Same for everyone, they might be battered and bruised, covered in blood or anything but at least they're okay.
They laughed together at the little joke.

Well at least we can find something to laugh about.

He thought he'd continue it; they might as well have a little fun while they could.

"By the way; I might be shirtless; but in case you forgot; so are you." He teased; pointing at Laura with a grin. "Guess that makes us Putin and...Putilina."

Lame; but I've got nothing better. Oh what the heck anything's gotta be funny after what we just went through.

He waited for her response; am I enjoying myself? Christ I am, whoever thought that'd be possible again eh?

Reactions: Laurioshock
They laughed together at the little joke.

Well at least we can find something to laugh about.

He thought he'd continue it; they might as well have a little fun while they could.

"By the way; I might be shirtless; but in case you forgot; so are you." He teased; pointing at Laura with a grin. "Guess that makes us Putin and...Putilina."

Lame; but I've got nothing better. Oh what the heck anything's gotta be funny after what we just went through.

He waited for her response; am I enjoying myself? Christ I am, whoever thought that'd be possible again eh?

Laura laughed hard, only to wince as it pained her abdomen. But that didn't stop her laughter, she couldn't help it after such a long time in emotion termoil and pain hearing a joke lightened her spirits.

"Alright Putin. We should probably find us some clothes." She said with a smile still upon her features. She had forgotten the fact she had been shirtless, not that it mattered. Her modesty was covered and the blood that coated her acted as clothing as such, seeing as she was caked in the stuff.

Shaking her head she got herself to stand, patched up and somewhat okay. Her bad arm wrapped around her midsection over the wound there. It would provide stability for her shoulder, as not to move it to much. But enough so it wouldn't seize up.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Laura laughed hard, only to wince as it pained her abdomen. But that didn't stop her laughter, she couldn't help it after such a long time in emotion termoil and pain hearing a joke lightened her spirits.

"Alright Putin. We should probably find us some clothes." She said with a smile still upon her features. She had forgotten the fact she had been shirtless, not that it mattered. Her modesty was covered and the blood that coated her acted as clothing as such, seeing as she was caked in the stuff.

Shaking her head she got herself to stand, patched up and somewhat okay. Her bad arm wrapped around her midsection over the wound there. It would provide stability for her shoulder, as not to move it to much. But enough so it wouldn't seize up.
Jack bowed deeply and extravagantly; placing his right hand on his breast and folding his left arm out behind him.

"As you command your ladyship Putilina."

He couldn't help it; he burst out laughing again; this was just too funny. He managed to contain himself after a few seconds; wiping a tear away from his eye and grinning widely; he continued speaking to Laura.

"Alright, clothes it is. Here."

Jack placed Laura's good arm around his neck and shoulders and held on to it; they would be slow going; but there was no need for her to aggravate her injuries.

"There's no point in you straining yourself and opening up those wounds again; I'll help you along."

He thought about where to go; he had his room; he wasn't sure about what; if anything, had been set up for Laura though.

"I have a room; or so I'm told. I don't know about you though; have you been given one? If not we can head up to my one and see if there are new clothes there. How's that sound?"

• Love
Jack bowed deeply and extravagantly; placing his right hand on his breast and folding his left arm out behind him.

"As you command your ladyship Putilina."

He couldn't help it; he burst out laughing again; this was just too funny. He managed to contain himself after a few seconds; wiping a tear away from his eye and grinning widely; he continued speaking to Laura.

"Alright, clothes it is. Here."

Jack placed Laura's good arm around his neck and shoulders and held on to it; they would be slow going; but there was no need for her to aggravate her injuries.

"There's no point in you straining yourself and opening up those wounds again; I'll help you along."

He thought about where to go; he had his room; he wasn't sure about what; if anything, had been set up for Laura though.

"I have a room; or so I'm told. I don't know about you though; have you been given one? If not we can head up to my one and see if there are new clothes there. How's that sound?"
It was times like this that made life seem a little bit more normal, easier. Although she knew deep down it wasn't over. But for now it was nice to relax and pretend everything was ok, even just for a little while.
Laura let Jack take her good arm and fold it around his shoulders to give her a little help, balance and stability. It took a little pressure off her wound.

"Thanks--I dont know. I just got brought here. I can't be sure if I have a room or not. I just got wheeled in here by those...people."

If everyone had a room, should she not have one too? Although if they knew she was injured they may have assumed she didn't need one. For her to stay in this medical bay with the mad doctor.

It was times like this that made life seem a little bit more normal, easier. Although she knew deep down it wasn't over. But for now it was nice to relax and pretend everything was ok, even just for a little while.
Laura let Jack take her good arm and fold it around his shoulders to give her a little help, balance and stability. It took a little pressure off her wound.

"Thanks--I dont know. I just got brought here. I can't be sure if I have a room or not. I just got wheeled in here by those...people."

If everyone had a room, should she not have one too? Although if they knew she was injured they may have assumed she didn't need one. For her to stay in this medical bay with the mad doctor.
It was a little unusual that she didn't know if she had a room; everyone else had one; was she supposed to have been stuck down here in the medbay the hole time they were in this hotel? That was stupid; she could walk and do things herself. Wait...was she supposed to have remained down here for...other reasons? The thought made him frown; from what he'd seen; they had encouraged the possibility that she could have been in a dangerous position; but was that real or just a ploy to scare me? He didn't know.

"Alright; let's take the elevator straight up and get some clothes from my room first; we can clean ourselves up as well. After that; we'll go find out exactly what's going on here and see if you've got your own room to stay in. Sound good?"

A part of him wondered if she'd accept; asking a girl to come back to a guy's hotel room and offering her use of the bathroom usually meant...well that. But he wasn't like that; he hoped Laura realised that by now; that wasn't what he was here for. If he was going to be perfectly honest with himself; all of that sort of thing embarrassed him a little anyway; it wasn't exactly his area of expertise. Bloody imbecile; what the Hell are you overthinking this for? She won't see it like that. Just get on with it and stop embarrassing yourself.

It was a little unusual that she didn't know if she had a room; everyone else had one; was she supposed to have been stuck down here in the medbay the hole time they were in this hotel? That was stupid; she could walk and do things herself. Wait...was she supposed to have remained down here for...other reasons? The thought made him frown; from what he'd seen; they had encouraged the possibility that she could have been in a dangerous position; but was that real or just a ploy to scare me? He didn't know.

"Alright; let's take the elevator straight up and get some clothes from my room first; we can clean ourselves up as well. After that; we'll go find out exactly what's going on here and see if you've got your own room to stay in. Sound good?"

A part of him wondered if she'd accept; asking a girl to come back to a guy's hotel room and offering her use of the bathroom usually meant...well that. But he wasn't like that; he hoped Laura realised that by now; that wasn't what he was here for. If he was going to be perfectly honest with himself; all of that sort of thing embarrassed him a little anyway; it wasn't exactly his area of expertise. Bloody imbecile; what the Hell are you overthinking this for? She won't see it like that. Just get on with it and stop embarrassing yourself.

"Alright, lets do that."

Come to think of it, if she didn't end up having a room did that mean she was meant to stay here? Here with that doctor unlike those who had rooms and could enjoy their down time to relax and recoop. The thought of what could have happened damped her lightening mood. But its ok, she was moving out of there and off to find out. First stop though, Jack's room to freshen up and find some clothes. Wow...that didn't sound good. But it was completely fine, there was nothing like that happening it was just a friend letting her use his room to sort out.

Moving off from the medical bay slowly along with Jacks help she took her first look upon the hotel they were inside. It was magnificent, definitely a 5 star hotel. Which was nice, though she was sure the look of them brought it down slightly. Laura had never been in such a nice hotel, it was just a shame she was here under such a circumstance.

"This is nice--shame it wont last long."

"Alright, lets do that."

Come to think of it, if she didn't end up having a room did that mean she was meant to stay here? Here with that doctor unlike those who had rooms and could enjoy their down time to relax and recoop. The thought of what could have happened damped her lightening mood. But its ok, she was moving out of there and off to find out. First stop though, Jack's room to freshen up and find some clothes. Wow...that didn't sound good. But it was completely fine, there was nothing like that happening it was just a friend letting her use his room to sort out.

Moving off from the medical bay slowly along with Jacks help she took her first look upon the hotel they were inside. It was magnificent, definitely a 5 star hotel. Which was nice, though she was sure the look of them brought it down slightly. Laura had never been in such a nice hotel, it was just a shame she was here under such a circumstance.

"This is nice--shame it wont last long."
He agreed - it was nice; it reminded him of the Winter Palace/Hermitage in St. Petersburg. It employed the same baroque style; though with somewhat less extravagance; and there wasn't renaissance paintings of semi-naked women in every other hall; those Russians; open about their tastes aren't they? Of course there was no throne room here either; although saying that, he wouldn't be surprised if Starkweather was here in his own 'throne room' somewhere.

"This is too rich for my blood." He said; looking about the place, "I would never have been able to hang somewhere like this; I would have felt out of place even if I did have a shirt on and wasn't covered in blood."

Slowly; they crossed the main foyer and headed towards the elevators; shouldn't I be saying 'lift' rather than elevator? I've been speaking to all these Americans for too long; getting out of my language habits. Oh well; it hardly mattered.

He agreed - it was nice; it reminded him of the Winter Palace/Hermitage in St. Petersburg. It employed the same baroque style; though with somewhat less extravagance; and there wasn't renaissance paintings of semi-naked women in every other hall; those Russians; open about their tastes aren't they? Of course there was no throne room here either; although saying that, he wouldn't be surprised if Starkweather was here in his own 'throne room' somewhere.

"This is too rich for my blood." He said; looking about the place, "I would never have been able to hang somewhere like this; I would have felt out of place even if I did have a shirt on and wasn't covered in blood."

Slowly; they crossed the main foyer and headed towards the elevators; shouldn't I be saying 'lift' rather than elevator? I've been speaking to all these Americans for too long; getting out of my language habits. Oh well; it hardly mattered.
"No, to high class. I'd stick out like a sore thumb."

She agreed, this was far to high class for the likes of her. If she hadn't been put here she couldn't have stayed in a place like this of her own accord. She prefered a smaller venue, more fit for a laid back person with no wish to get dressed up and act posh.

The discomfort of walking was numbing as she continued, maybe not numbing but she was forgetting about the pain while consentrating on other things. Like looking at her surroundings, focusing on her target of the elevators not far ahead.
She still felt uneasy about not keeping an eye on her surroundings, not looking over her shoulder every five seconds. It felt wrong after it all just to be left to her own devices and not have some maniac on the loose.

Reaching the lifts she was going to move her arm to press the button to call it down to thier location but upon moving the arm that wasn't around Jack's shoulders she realised it hurt. So instead she kept it still and waited for Jack to press the call button.

After I ate whatever I felt like eating, I decided to head back to m room and shower. Hot steamy water is what I needed right now. Once done, I changed the bandages on my keg and out on some fresh clothes. Whoever was incharged seemed to know my taste in style. After a few minutes on debating, I settled on: long sleeve black dress shirt (which I rolled the sleeves up), black dress pants and shoes and socks that matched, and to top it off a black fedora. "Sexy motherfucker you are." I said as I looked in the mirror, grabbing the nearby sunglasses to finish off my look." Putting back on my weapons, I decided to catch some rest until I was time to leave. (It's about 830 am here and I work until 3pm. I'll probably be quiet till about 4ish since I'll have stuff to do once I'm off work.)

"No, to high class. I'd stick out like a sore thumb."

She agreed, this was far to high class for the likes of her. If she hadn't been put here she couldn't have stayed in a place like this of her own accord. She prefered a smaller venue, more fit for a laid back person with no wish to get dressed up and act posh.

The discomfort of walking was numbing as she continued, maybe not numbing but she was forgetting about the pain while consentrating on other things. Like looking at her surroundings, focusing on her target of the elevators not far ahead.
She still felt uneasy about not keeping an eye on her surroundings, not looking over her shoulder every five seconds. It felt wrong after it all just to be left to her own devices and not have some maniac on the loose.

Reaching the lifts she was going to move her arm to press the button to call it down to thier location but upon moving the arm that wasn't around Jack's shoulders she realised it hurt. So instead she kept it still and waited for Jack to press the call button.
Jack noticed Laura wince a little as she moved along. He stopped to talk about it before he called the lift down.

"Hey; if you want to slow down or rest for a minute just say; I'm not going to force you to keep going if you're hurting."

He pressed the button for the lift. It was quite high up; the electronic display said it was on floor 32 right now. He used the time to swing his backpack round to his front; he used his free hand to pluck out the key to his room before shifting his chest about a little to get the backpack around to his back again.

"Let's see; room 172. Floor 17 I suppose."

I see what they did there, clever little sods; using my date of birth as my room number. I hope it's in decent order; I wonder what this present is anyway? Probably just a prank...

Status
Not open for further replies.