Murder Game XVII: The Infinity Parable

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Awesome."

hVuO02w.png

Tommy had one of the rum bottles in his hand before anyone could blink. "You don't mind if I have some of this?" he asked, not really intending to stop himself if Jack said. It wasn't like the captain was in much of a position to stop him anyway.

He appeared next to Megara and said, "Drink up, then it will start to feel like a treasure."

E0vdzc1.png

Billy scoffed. "Can you seriously be any more of a delinquent? The last thing any of us need is a drunk speedster."

"Pretty sure I can hold myself together better than you can." Tommy shrugged and casually started to take a swig, but immediately ended up coughing on the drink. He sputtered and wheezed, his cheeks growing red.

kYKFHsQ.png

"Damn!"
he snapped. "That's something else!"

"Okay, be an idiot," Billy said with a roll of his eyes. "But you can get the crates on the ship the fastest of all of us, so do that before make yourself sick. I don't care."

"I think you do care. Aren't you sweet?"

At the very least, Tommy began to do as asked, moving the crates so fast that no one else even needed to help out.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @York @Everyone

Killian's simple statement that he liked the way she thought earned a smug grin from Emma, who merely shrugged in response. "What can I say? I'm not leaving here until we get what we need. I'm not leaving my son motherless... Not again," she stated, expression growing more serious as she spoke. But she tried to shake it off, just silently hoping that her little boy was still okay. Because there was no good that worrying would do her, here. So instead, she set to responding to their more light-hearted conversation.

"Fair enough," she mused, though she knew what she picked up from the man. Whoever it was that he liked? Well, he more than liked them. Briefly, she couldn't help but wonder, from the way Killian described that he cared deeply for the person and treasured them. Perhaps it was a more platonic love. Maybe a fatherly one for Star? He had been acting kind to her, after all. Yeah. That must have been it. Emma didn't really fancy the idea of it being anything else, for anyone else, for whatever reason. "...Yeah. Sure I do," she replied almost distantly when he stated she would know what he meant, though she wasn't really into it. Her mind was jumbled right now with conflicting thoughts, and--

"...You have got to be kidding me," she mumbled under her breath at the revelation of the treasure, looking more than a little, well, unamused. "Listen. I love alcohol as much as the next woman- probably more, as of recent -but is this really what you pulled us out here for?" she asked, before really looking at Jack Sparrow. Oh. Right. "...Actually, don't answer that," she mumbled. "Let's just get this out of here." Reluctantly, she began moving as much of the rum as possible, giving no pause(save for to glance for traps). She was definitely going to make sure she got her own share of drinks, too. Although, first? Well, Star's careful whisper caught her attention, making her give pause momentarily to look at the child with astonishment. "...Uh, more charmed drinks, kid. Don't worry about it," she offered, smiling down at the girl who had tugged on her sleeve. "Just please don't drink any, okay? Soon as we're off this crazy island and find a city, you and me are gonna grab some soda. On me," the woman offered, gently nudging Star in a friendly and affectionate gesture with a sincere smile.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

"Ohh, gotcha. Don't worry, I won't drink any of that stuff. I don't wanna get poisoned or anything." Star stated, believing Emma word for word on this. I mean, it wasn't like she would have any reason not to believe Emma, right? Let's just hope that Star wouldn't find out that Emma was lying to her face about this.

iV2Ms.jpg

"Really?! Ooo! Ooo! Can we get nachos too??" Star asked with unparralled childlike glee when Emma offered to buy them sodas. The princess continued to skip alongside Emma and Killian, now skipping backwards without a care in the world as she faced the pair.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi

Last edited:
"Awesome."

hVuO02w.png

Tommy had one of the rum bottles in his hand before anyone could blink. "You don't mind if I have some of this?" he asked, not really intending to stop himself if Jack said. It wasn't like the captain was in much of a position to stop him anyway.

He appeared next to Megara and said, "Drink up, then it will start to feel like a treasure."

E0vdzc1.png

Billy scoffed. "Can you seriously be any more of a delinquent? The last thing any of us need is a drunk speedster."

"Pretty sure I can hold myself together better than you can." Tommy shrugged and casually started to take a swig, but immediately ended up coughing on the drink. He sputtered and wheezed, his cheeks growing red.

kYKFHsQ.png

"Damn!"

"Okay, be an idiot," Billy said with a roll of his eyes. "But you can get the crates on the ship the fastest of all of us, so do that before make yourself sick. I don't care."

At the very least, Tommy began to do as asked, moving the crates so fast that no one else even needed to help out.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @York @Everyone

SwhA9xQ.jpg

"Ohh, gotcha. Don't worry, I won't drink any of that stuff. I don't wanna get poisoned or anything." Star stated, believing Emma word for word on this. I mean, it wasn't like she would have any reason not to believe Emma, right? Let's just hope that Star wouldn't find out that Emma was lying to her face about this.

"Really?! Ooo! Ooo! Can we get nachos too??" Star asked with unparralled childlike glee​
And of course, one of the other kids around decided he wanted to prove that alcohol was especially shitty for kids and demonstrate precisely why she didn't want Star drinking it. Which she tried to stop. "Wait, kid, don't--" Andddd it was too late. Emma cringed as the boy coughed up the drink, recalling her first few times drinking(at a way too young age) and how horrible the recoil was. Now it was nothing to her. For some kid? Not so much. Sighing, she spoke reluctantly. "Sorry, kid, but I'm with your buddy. Please don't do that again- I really don't want you getting sick," she stated with a tinge of sympathy, eventually returning her gaze to Star again. "Huh?... Oh. Yeah," she replied, rubbing her neck. "It's not exactly poison, but it does make people sick. If you couldn't tell," she muttered, referring to Tommy's little trial.

"Anyway, let's finish getting this back to-- Woah!" Before she could even finish her statement, the crate she had been toting along was stolen away by Tommy, nearly leading her to curse with surprise. "Okay. Nevermind," she spoke with surprise, eyes wide. Slowly she managed to snap out of it, appreciative of Star's assistance with the process via her childish excitement. "Of course, kid," she laughed, genuinely amused and happy with how excited the girl was. "As many nachos as you want. Maybe you can even mend that Hook over there had never had them before."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

Killian's simple statement that he liked the way she thought earned a smug grin from Emma, who merely shrugged in response. "What can I say? I'm not leaving here until we get what we need. I'm not leaving my son motherless... Not again," she stated, expression growing more serious as she spoke. But she tried to shake it off, just silently hoping that her little boy was still okay. Because there was no good that worrying would do her, here. So instead, she set to responding to their more light-hearted conversation.

"Fair enough," she mused, though she knew what she picked up from the man. Whoever it was that he liked? Well, he more than liked them. Briefly, she couldn't help but wonder, from the way Killian described that he cared deeply for the person and treasured them. Perhaps it was a more platonic love. Maybe a fatherly one for Star? He had been acting kind to her, after all. Yeah. That must have been it. Emma didn't really fancy the idea of it being anything else, for anyone else, for whatever reason. "...Yeah. Sure I do," she replied almost distantly when he stated she would know what he meant, though she wasn't really into it. Her mind was jumbled right now with conflicting thoughts, and--

"...You have got to be kidding me," she mumbled under her breath at the revelation of the treasure, looking more than a little, well, unamused. "Listen. I love alcohol as much as the next woman- probably more, as of recent -but is this really what you pulled us out here for?" she asked, before really looking at Jack Sparrow. Oh. Right. "...Actually, don't answer that," she mumbled. "Let's just get this out of here." Reluctantly, she began moving as much of the rum as possible, giving no pause(save for to glance for traps). She was definitely going to make sure she got her own share of drinks, too. Although, first? Well, Star's careful whisper caught her attention, making her give pause momentarily to look at the child with astonishment. "...Uh, more charmed drinks, kid. Don't worry about it," she offered, smiling down at the girl who had tugged on her sleeve. "Just please don't drink any, okay? Soon as we're off this crazy island and find a city, you and me are gonna grab some soda. On me," the woman offered, gently nudging Star in a friendly and affectionate gesture with a sincere smile.

"Awesome."

hVuO02w.png

E0vdzc1.png

kYKFHsQ.png

"Damn!"

iV2Ms.jpg

"Really?! Ooo! Ooo! Can we get nachos too??" Star asked with unparralled childlike glee when Emma offered to buy them sodas. The princess continued to skip alongside Emma and Killian, now skipping backwards without a care in the world as she faced the pair.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi
And of course, one of the other kids around decided he wanted to prove that alcohol was especially shitty for kids and demonstrate precisely why she didn't want Star drinking it. Which she tried to stop. "Wait, kid, don't--" Andddd it was too late. Emma cringed as the boy coughed up the drink, recalling her first few times drinking(at a way too young age) and how horrible the recoil was. Now it was nothing to her. For some kid? Not so much. Sighing, she spoke reluctantly. "Sorry, kid, but I'm with your buddy. Please don't do that again- I really don't want you getting sick," she stated with a tinge of sympathy, eventually returning her gaze to Star again. "Huh?... Oh. Yeah," she replied, rubbing her neck. "It's not exactly poison, but it does make people sick. If you couldn't tell," she muttered, referring to Tommy's little trial.

"Anyway, let's finish getting this back to-- Woah!" Before she could even finish her statement, the crate she had been toting along was stolen away by Tommy, nearly leading her to curse with surprise. "Okay. Nevermind," she spoke with surprise, eyes wide. Slowly she managed to snap out of it, appreciative of Star's assistance with the process via her childish excitement. "Of course, kid," she laughed, genuinely amused and happy with how excited the girl was. "As many nachos as you want. Maybe you can even mend that Hook over there had never had them before."

When Emma would speak seriously for a moment, Killian would nod in agreement. "Aye, no child should be left alone," he said, turning his head away from her. He frowned, recalling several occasions where he had left children without their parents himself. Once, he had even killed a boy's father outside of his bedroom while the child slept. But why was he thinking about this now? What had awoken a brief flicker of guilt inside him? Being around Emma always made him feel strange. Whether it was a sensation of butterflies, hot fury, or a mixture of the two.

And now, it was Killian's turn to suspect Emma of lying. Although he was no human lie detector like the Savior herself, Killian had noticed her rather uncertain tone of voice when she would agree with him. Wait a minute. After all the flirting, playful banter, and even their intense kiss, she didn't know who he had been talking about? Who it was that he cared for? He was going to drop the subject, but only if she at least halfway knew who he had been talking about. Since she didn't he had to at least hint at it again.

"Can't say I'm convinced you know who I'm talking about with that tone," Killian remarked, shaking his head. "Perhaps it's because you don't see yourself for the treasure you really are." While he wouldn't look at Emma directly as he said this, Killian watched her from the corner of his eye, the same glint of a longing look in his eyes that could always be seen. It wasn't a look of lust as a pirate may have been known for, but a tender, affectionate look. He couldn't very easily hide it, so eventually he averted his gaze.

"Swan's right, it's not poison," Killian chimed in when Star would make the suggestion. "Although, it is a drink only for adults. You'll understand someda--" The pirate cut himself off with a laugh when Tommy would try some of the rum, only to spit it out. "Good on you, lad! It'll put some hair on your chest," he said, rather amused by this. Hook had the same idea to try some of the rum, but before he could attempt to do so, Tommy would being rushing the crates away. While he did so, he turned back to Emma and Star. "Nachos again? Those things must be bloody fantastic for you to be bringing them up so much."

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Jeremi @others : 3​

WXBvRsV.jpg

"Ohhh so it's not poison?" Star asked, looking at both Killian and Emma innocently before a wide smile stretched across her face when Killian mentioned it was a drink for adults. Star could be an adult too! So, in an effort to prove how mature she was, the princess skipped her marry way over to the one of the rum bottles and took one mighty swig out of it!

3IkR.jpg

...Only to spit it out seconds later. Yeah, the alcohol life wasn't really for Star, it seemed. "Bleh... what is this stuff made out of?! It tastes like something that Ludo would make!" Star exclaimed with her tongue sticking out of her mouth, looking like she was about ready to vomit.

Meanwhile Marco, who had been in the back minding his own business up until now, noticed all the commotion up front and went to investigate. Upon coming within range to see, Marco noticed none other than his own girlfriend looking sicker than a dog and holding a bottle of what looked like some sort of alcohol. With one fatal swoop, the Safety Kid had sprung into action and taken the vile toxin away from his fair maiden and cast it out into the wilderness from which it belonged! (AKA just throwing it about two feet.)

ESDPb4u.jpg

"Alright... who's idea was it to give Star alcohol?" Marco asked through heavy breaths, having placed his arm around Star's shoulders in an attempt to comfort her after that horrid experience!

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi @whoever

When Emma would speak seriously for a moment, Killian would nod in agreement. "Aye, no child should be left alone," he said, turning his head away from her. He frowned, recalling several occasions where he had left children without their parents himself. Once, he had even killed a boy's father outside of his bedroom while the child slept. But why was he thinking about this now? What had awoken a brief flicker of guilt inside him? Being around Emma always made him feel strange. Whether it was a sensation of butterflies, hot fury, or a mixture of the two.

And now, it was Killian's turn to suspect Emma of lying. Although he was no human lie detector like the Savior herself, Killian had noticed her rather uncertain tone of voice when she would agree with him. Wait a minute. After all the flirting, playful banter, and even their intense kiss, she didn't know who he had been talking about? Who it was that he cared for? He was going to drop the subject, but only if she at least halfway knew who he had been talking about. Since she didn't he had to at least hint at it again.

"Can't say I'm convinced you know who I'm talking about with that tone," Killian remarked, shaking his head. "Perhaps it's because you don't see yourself for the treasure you really are." While he wouldn't look at Emma directly as he said this, Killian watched her from the corner of his eye, the same glint of a longing look in his eyes that could always be seen. It wasn't a look of lust as a pirate may have been known for, but a tender, affectionate look. He couldn't very easily hide it, so eventually he averted his gaze.

"Swan's right, it's not poison," Killian chimed in when Star would make the suggestion. "Although, it is a drink only for adults. You'll understand someda--" The pirate cut himself off with a laugh when Tommy would try some of the rum, only to spit it out. "Good on you, lad! It'll put some hair on your chest," he said, rather amused by this. Hook had the same idea to try some of the rum, but before he could attempt to do so, Tommy would being rushing the crates away. While he did so, he turned back to Emma and Star. "Nachos again? Those things must be bloody fantastic for you to be bringing them up so much."

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Jeremi @others : 3​
WXBvRsV.jpg

"Ohhh so it's not poison?" Star asked, looking at both Killian and Emma innocently before a wide smile stretched across her face when Killian mentioned it was a drink for adults. Star could be an adult too! So, in an effort to prove how mature she was, the princess skipped her marry way over to the one of the rum bottles and took one mighty swig out of it!

3IkR.jpg

...Only to spit it out seconds later. Yeah, the alcohol life wasn't really for Star, it seemed. "Bleh... what is this stuff made out of?! It tastes like something that Ludo would make!" Star exclaimed with her tongue sticking out of her mouth, looking like she was about ready to vomit.

Meanwhile Marco, who had been in the back minding his own business up until now, noticed all the commotion up front and went to investigate. Upon coming within range to see, Marco noticed none other than his own girlfriend looking sicker than a dog and holding a bottle of what looked like some sort of alcohol. With one fatal swoop, the Safety Kid had sprung into action and taken the vile toxin away from his fair maiden and cast it out into the wilderness from which it belonged! (AKA just throwing it about two feet.)

"Alright... who's idea was it to give Star alcohol?" Marco asked through heavy breaths, having placed his arm around Star's shoulders in an attempt to comfort her after that horrid experience!

Ah, what was that? She could have sworn that for a moment, she saw a flicker of emotion in Hook's eyes at her mention of not wanting to leave her little boy alone. Remorse, perhaps? Sympathy? She couldn't quite read it fast enough, what with the pirate turning away so quickly. So it was all she could do to nod affirmatively, uttering a few simple words. "Damn well they shouldn't. Nobody deserves that," she proclaimed softly, yet the words still managed to radiate strong certainty. As a woman who had spent all of her life without parents, without anyone who loved her or looked out for her? She knew better than most. What she didn't know was, well, a lot of things, revolving around what he said, next.

tumblr_inline_oa801brLMa1tab5zj_100.png

While Killian averted his gaze from her own, she herself couldn't help but stare at him upon his words, looking somewhat startled and disbelieving- not unlike a deer caught in headlights. She didn't see herself for the treasure she was? Was he trying to lead her on, build her up to knock her down? Perhaps use her to get back to Storybrooke? --No. There was a look in his eyes. A look that showcased sincerity, longing and affection. Oh good God. He really... How could he....?

Unable to properly process what the pirate was implying- without even a trace of a lie or bent truth -, let alone reply to it, Emma helplessly opened and closed her mouth for a few moments. Words failed her, and for some odd reason, his implication made her feel somewhat relieved. Perhaps even happy. It made absolutely no sense, but she still felt that warmth bubble up in her chest at his words. The warmth she had only ever felt when she kissed him, burning so intensely that it spread from her chest through the rest of her body, flowing through her veins and-

Stop. I can't play this game.

With a shuddering intake of breath, she ceased attempting to make a reply, just averting her emerald eyes. She tried to distract herself from his words, but they kept echoing through her mind, like a favorite song on repeat. But she tried her damnedest to focus on other things. "Oh. Uh. Yeah, they're pretty good. We can..." And then opportunity for a true distraction hit as she noticed Star's actions, leading her to nearly choke on her words.

"Star, don't--!!" she began to exclaim with much more conviction as Star went to take some of the rum, absolutely horrified by the consequences it might have on the innocent child. But again, she was too late, though she breathed a sigh of minor relief when the girl spat the drink out. Quickly, Emma leaned down, gently placing her hands on Star's shoulders and looking her in the eyes with concern. "God-- Kid, never do that again. I tried to tell you, it'll just make you sick," she groaned. "Promise me you won't try that stuff again?" she pleaded(though she was fairly sure she had no reason to worry with that reaction), stepping back a few moments later. Just in time for Marco to show up. "Ugh, nobody gave it to her," she sighed, rubbing her forehead. "She just... Grabbed some."

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Whoevs​

tumblr_inline_ob29wj775d1tse695_100.png

Killian chuckled when Emma would make her statement, suggesting their group would need to use force to get Jack's cooperation if he was swindling them. The tough, fighting spirit Swan carried never ceased to amuse him, especially when she would use it to display pirate-like behavior. Damn was it attractive. "I really do like the way you think," he replied, sounding impressed. Not that he wasn't always impressed by the things she had to say. "I almost hope it comes down to that. I'd love to give that pirate a piece of my mind... and possibly my sword as well." But no, of course Killian wouldn't do such a thing right now. So long as Jack worked with them, he didn't intend on lashing out at the man.

Then, Emma called him out on lying. Of course she did. Killian had a feeling she would do just that. He thought he would be prepared to give her a good, possibly flirty or witty, response, but when she questioned him about what else he may have loved, his mind went blank. Suddenly, he felt like a teenager again, the same boy he had been before learning how to charm a woman. Quite the conundrum Emma had put him in. His right palm was even sweating. The expression on his face, however, remained somewhat neutral, masking any internal nerves.

Eventually, he side-glanced to Emma, a flicker of a smile showing on his lips. "She's not an object, and I wouldn't say it's love," not yet, at least, "but she is a precious treasure who I do indeed care for. Need I say more?" He glanced down to the ground as he continued to walk. "You're a sharp lass; I'm sure you know what I mean." Killian left his statement at that, as if returning the favor to Emma when she had dropped the subject on his earlier jealousy involving the other captain. It made things better for himself anyhow since this situation was making him feel uncharacteristically... awkward.

"Well what do you know," Killian chimed in after a moment, releasing a joyful chuckle when their group would come across Jack's treasure, which had turned out to be rum after all. "Our wishes for a drink may come true yet, Swan," he added, moving to examine one of the crates of rum, glancing to America when she would seem annoyed. "Problem? Rum is a high class treasure, m'lady. I've no qualms with such a find. You should appreciate it more," he said, rather cheerfully.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @others : 3​

"I don't appreciate being tricked into a glorified beer run." America said with clear annoyance in her voice.

"It's done now, at least we'll get Jack to help us."

"Captain Jack!" Jack corrected her as he took a swig from one of the rum bottles.

"Sure."

"Awesome."

hVuO02w.png

E0vdzc1.png

kYKFHsQ.png

"Damn!"

With Tommy's help it wasn't long before all the rum crates had been safely stashed into the lower decks and the group returned to the ship.

Once everyone was on board America pushed the Fool's Errand off the shore and into the open sea. "Okay we helped you with your problem and now you're going to help us with our problem." She replied to Jack as she landed back on the ship. "Right?"

Jack nodded profusely at her. "Yeah yeah yeah. Of course I'll help you! ...What did you want to find again?"

"A heart of light!"

"Oh! Yes! Of course how could I forget! You don't have to shout I'm standin' right here!"
He removed his compass and looked it over. "Yes well, long-ish journey I'm afraid. Maybe about 3 days of sailin'?"

America didn't like that they'd be stuck on this boat another three days but right now they were out of options. "Ugh fine. Just tell us the course and we'll get us there." And so the ship once again sailed out to the seas, though with clouds of doubt hanging over America's head.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

Last edited by a moderator:
WXBvRsV.jpg

3IkR.jpg

ESDPb4u.jpg

Ah, what was that? She could have sworn that for a moment, she saw a flicker of emotion in Hook's eyes at her mention of not wanting to leave her little boy alone. Remorse, perhaps? Sympathy? She couldn't quite read it fast enough, what with the pirate turning away so quickly. So it was all she could do to nod affirmatively, uttering a few simple words. "Damn well they shouldn't. Nobody deserves that," she proclaimed softly, yet the words still managed to radiate strong certainty. As a woman who had spent all of her life without parents, without anyone who loved her or looked out for her? She knew better than most. What she didn't know was, well, a lot of things, revolving around what he said, next.

tumblr_inline_oa801brLMa1tab5zj_100.png

While Killian averted his gaze from her own, she herself couldn't help but stare at him upon his words, looking somewhat startled and disbelieving- not unlike a deer caught in headlights. She didn't see herself for the treasure she was? Was he trying to lead her on, build her up to knock her down? Perhaps use her to get back to Storybrooke? --No. There was a look in his eyes. A look that showcased sincerity, longing and affection. Oh good God. He really... How could he....?

Unable to properly process what the pirate was implying- without even a trace of a lie or bent truth -, let alone reply to it, Emma helplessly opened and closed her mouth for a few moments. Words failed her, and for some odd reason, his implication made her feel somewhat relieved. Perhaps even happy. It made absolutely no sense, but she still felt that warmth bubble up in her chest at his words. The warmth she had only ever felt when she kissed him, burning so intensely that it spread from her chest through the rest of her body, flowing through her veins and-

Stop. I can't play this game.

With a shuddering intake of breath, she ceased attempting to make a reply, just averting her emerald eyes. She tried to distract herself from his words, but they kept echoing through her mind, like a favorite song on repeat. But she tried her damnedest to focus on other things. "Oh. Uh. Yeah, they're pretty good. We can..." And then opportunity for a true distraction hit as she noticed Star's actions, leading her to nearly choke on her words.

"Star, don't--!!" she began to exclaim with much more conviction as Star went to take some of the rum, absolutely horrified by the consequences it might have on the innocent child. But again, she was too late, though she breathed a sigh of minor relief when the girl spat the drink out. Quickly, Emma leaned down, gently placing her hands on Star's shoulders and looking her in the eyes with concern. "God-- Kid, never do that again. I tried to tell you, it'll just make you sick," she groaned. "Promise me you won't try that stuff again?" she pleaded(though she was fairly sure she had no reason to worry with that reaction), stepping back a few moments later. Just in time for Marco to show up. "Ugh, nobody gave it to her," she sighed, rubbing her forehead. "She just... Grabbed some."

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Whoevs​

"I don't appreciate being tricked into a glorified beer run." America said with clear annoyance in her voice.

"Captain Jack!" Jack corrected her as he took a swig from one of the rum bottles.

"Sure."

With Tommy's help it wasn't long before all the rum crates had been safely stashed into the lower decks and the group returned to the ship.

Once everyone was on board America pushed the Fool's Errand off the shore and into the open sea. "Okay we helped you with your problem and now you're going to help us with our problem." She replied to Jack as she landed back on the ship. "Right?"

Jack nodded profusely at her. "Yeah yeah yeah. Of course I'll help you! ...What did you want to find again?"

"A heart of light!"

"Oh! Yes! Of course how could I forget! You don't have to shout I'm standin' right here!"
He removed his compass and looked it over. "Yes well, long-ish journey I'm afraid. Maybe about 3 days of sailin'?"

America didn't like that they'd be stuck on this boat another three days but right now they were out of options. "Ugh fine. Just tell us the course and we'll get us there." And so the ship once again sailed out to the seas, though with clouds of doubt hanging over America's head.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite
So this time, Emma didn't say anything in reply to his comment. Since she wasn't really the kind of person to open up to emotional things, the pirate figured she read him loud and clear this time. He could've pressed her for more commentary, but he decided not to, at least, not yet. He only would've hurt his reputation as a gentleman if he were to bother her about a conversation she wanted no part in. Still, that wouldn't stop him from making eyes at her every now and again. He really couldn't help himself from doing so.

When Star would take a drink and spit it out, much like Tommy had, Killian laughed once more. Unlike Emma, he didn't bother to scold the girl. He was just entertained by her action. "It's a drink you'll appreciate when you're older. People don't drink it because of how it tastes, they drink because of how it makes them feel. Again, it's only a drink for adults. Focus on your... nachos, or what have you..."

Once the crates of rum had been carried back, it wasn't long before their group had returned to the ship as well. "So, off we go again," he remarked, looking out over the horizon as he often had over the past couple days. "So then, this journey will take us three days. Any ideas as to how we entertain ourselves?" The captain smiled. "With some good drinking games, perhaps? You did promise me a chat over drinks, Swan."

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

"Sure."

"A heart of light!"

So this time, Emma didn't say anything in reply to his comment. Since she wasn't really the kind of person to open up to emotional things, the pirate figured she read him loud and clear this time. He could've pressed her for more commentary, but he decided not to, at least, not yet. He only would've hurt his reputation as a gentleman if he were to bother her about a conversation she wanted no part in. Still, that wouldn't stop him from making eyes at her every now and again. He really couldn't help himself from doing so.

When Star would take a drink and spit it out, much like Tommy had, Killian laughed once more. Unlike Emma, he didn't bother to scold the girl. He was just entertained by her action. "It's a drink you'll appreciate when you're older. People don't drink it because of how it tastes, they drink because of how it makes them feel. Again, it's only a drink for adults. Focus on your... nachos, or what have you..."

Once the crates of rum had been carried back, it wasn't long before their group had returned to the ship as well. "So, off we go again," he remarked, looking out over the horizon as he often had over the past couple days. "So then, this journey will take us three days. Any ideas as to how we entertain ourselves?" The captain smiled. "With some good drinking games, perhaps? You did promise me a chat over drinks, Swan."

Though she said nothing on the matter, Emma was grateful that Killian didn't press her about her silence in regards to his little hint, having no desire to talk about the meaning. Or, worse yet, how happy- or maybe just relieved -that hint made her. No, she could hold off on that for the rest of her life and be fine with it. He didn't need to know. Ever. Though, she did notice the way he looked at her, and it made the task a little more difficult.

Hook's less displeased reaction to Star drinking did earn some mild annoyance from the woman, who shot him a look, fleetingly. He didn't need to reveal that people drank it for how it felt. Star didn't need to know that much. Still, at least he finished by reinforcing that it was only for adults, though Star seemed persistent on proving she could be adult-like. "Yeah. Let's just work on finding that heart of light so I can get us those nachos and sodas, alright?" she offered, hoping the girl would be enticed by this.

As they headed back to the ship, Emma nearly groaned aloud at the revelation that the journey would take a few more days. Damn it. She had been away for so long now, with no way to reach Henry. What if Cora had made it? What if he was in trouble? The worries swarmed her head, making her anxiously run a hand through her hair, half tempted to pace until she heard the captain's word. And that didn't mean Jack.

"Sounds like a plan,"
she remarked all too quickly in response to his suggestion of drinking games. She still hadn't gotten her fix of alcohol, and was in desperate need. Though, one thing he said earned a small scoff. "I didn't promise a talk. I said if we have to have one, I'd prefer a drink for it. Big difference," she quipped, though there was a seriousness to it. Even now, she had no desire to talk. And she was even vaguely worried alcohol might change that just a little. Make her spill something she didn't want to.

But gosh would it be worth it for her worries to be washed away.

When Emma had caught wind of what Star was doing and sunk down to her level to confront her, Star was still attempting to get the taste of it out of her mouth.

"Bleh... yeah, sure thing." Star said with a nod before Marco had swooped in and saved her from Mr. Booze. Normally, she would have just laughed at Marco's attempt at being a hero, but instead this time she couldn't help but melt into her boyfriend's touch again when he wrapped his arm securely around her shoulder. Something about him was just so.... intoxicating. Nothing like her previous boyfriend, Tom. But then again, Marco wasn't a literal demon who was prone to temper tantrums when he essentially didn't get his way, now was he?

Marco, on the other hand, was a weird mix of relieved and tense when he figured out that Star had taken the rum for herself. On the one hand, he was relieved that he didn't have to give anyone speech on why they shouldn't be giving kids alcohol. But on the other hand, Star had tried friggin' alcohol by herself. "Star, never take a mysterious drink from creepy grown men in pirate costumes." Marco said, of course making sure that Jack was nowhere in earshot of the duo when he said that. This only earned a content hum from Star, who had already fallen victim to his touch, completely forgetting about the alcohol as they made their way back to the ship.

Once they had finally returned to the aforementioned ship, Star had frowned a bit when Killian mentioned something called a "drinking game."

"Aww... maybe I should've kept that weird drink. I wanna play games too!" Star said in a pout, causing Marco to let out a long and overdrawn sigh.

"No, Star. You don't wanna do that. Why don't we play a normal game instead?" Marco suggested in an attempt to get her mind off of the booze for a second. Which wasn't exactly easy with Killian and Jack talking about it non stop.

xRI1bEb.jpg

"Maybe we can play spin the bottle." Star replied flirtatiously. Though she was only joking, for the most part. This, of course, earned an embarrassed blush from the Safe Kid, who after thinking about it cringed at the thought, considering most of their crew consisted of adults and anthropomorphic animals.

"Yeah, not happening. I'm pretty sure we'd be breaking several laws if we did that." Marco stated, hoping that this would convince her to play a normal game like Monopoly or something.

"Well that's fine. It can just be me and you." Star suggested, still smirking and being a lil flirt towards Marco.

"Sorry Star, but your breath smells like alcohol. I'm not gonna kiss you for at least another hour." Marco stated matter-of-factly before pausing and backtracking a bit. "Wait... who taught you how to play Spin the Bottle in the first place?" Marco asked, knowing good and well that he'd never teach Star how to play a game like that.

"Oh, Janna did!" Star replied nonchalantly with a smile, causing Marco to just facepalm so hard that his hand almost went through his face. Of course it was Janna. Who else would it be besides the girl who constantly flirted with Marco despite not actually having a crush on him and just wanted to make him feel uncomfortable? The local punk girl who-- wait... "Star, does that mean that you two..."

"Yup!"

"On the lips?"

"On the lips."

Marco sighed again. Despite only being fourteen, he was getting too old for this shit.

images

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_ob29wkCqrq1tse695_100.png

While he wouldn't hear Star's statement that had been whispered at Emma, Hook did hear what Herbert had to say about the rum. "You'd be surprised, mate. Some brands of rum can fetch a high price on the market. Still, you may be right that this rum isn't quite as valuable. Doesn't mean it's worthless though. Drinking rum chaises all a man's problems away," he stated, licking the inside of his lips afterwards. "Only problem it can't fix is how you feel the morning after," he said with a laugh.

@Crow @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

"Sure."

"A heart of light!"

After looking at Star's reaction to its taste, Herbert responds to Killian, "must be one of those treasures. Acquired taste, I suppose."

Herbert then walks up to Captain Jack.

"Come on Cap! We're not the only ones looking for the Heart of Light! A band of pirates lead by Thanos' fleet are after it too! You don't want to lose to them, or lose in general, do you?"

Herbert thought he had it in the bag!

@Jeremi

Though she said nothing on the matter, Emma was grateful that Killian didn't press her about her silence in regards to his little hint, having no desire to talk about the meaning. Or, worse yet, how happy- or maybe just relieved -that hint made her. No, she could hold off on that for the rest of her life and be fine with it. He didn't need to know. Ever. Though, she did notice the way he looked at her, and it made the task a little more difficult.

Hook's less displeased reaction to Star drinking did earn some mild annoyance from the woman, who shot him a look, fleetingly. He didn't need to reveal that people drank it for how it felt. Star didn't need to know that much. Still, at least he finished by reinforcing that it was only for adults, though Star seemed persistent on proving she could be adult-like. "Yeah. Let's just work on finding that heart of light so I can get us those nachos and sodas, alright?" she offered, hoping the girl would be enticed by this.

As they headed back to the ship, Emma nearly groaned aloud at the revelation that the journey would take a few more days. Damn it. She had been away for so long now, with no way to reach Henry. What if Cora had made it? What if he was in trouble? The worries swarmed her head, making her anxiously run a hand through her hair, half tempted to pace until she heard the captain's word. And that didn't mean Jack.

"Sounds like a plan," she remarked all too quickly in response to his suggestion of drinking games. She still hadn't gotten her fix of alcohol, and was in desperate need. Though, one thing he said earned a small scoff. "I didn't promise a talk. I said if we have to have one, I'd prefer a drink for it. Big difference," she quipped, though there was a seriousness to it. Even now, she had no desire to talk. And she was even vaguely worried alcohol might change that just a little. Make her spill something she didn't want to.

But gosh would it be worth it for her worries to be washed away.

When Emma had caught wind of what Star was doing and sunk down to her level to confront her, Star was still attempting to get the taste of it out of her mouth.

"Bleh... yeah, sure thing." Star said with a nod before Marco had swooped in and saved her from Mr. Booze. Normally, she would have just laughed at Marco's attempt at being a hero, but instead this time she couldn't help but melt into her boyfriend's touch again when he wrapped his arm securely around her shoulder. Something about him was just so.... intoxicating. Nothing like her previous boyfriend, Tom. But then again, Marco wasn't a literal demon who was prone to temper tantrums when he essentially didn't get his way, now was he?

Marco, on the other hand, was a weird mix of relieved and tense when he figured out that Star had taken the rum for herself. On the one hand, he was relieved that he didn't have to give anyone speech on why they shouldn't be giving kids alcohol. But on the other hand, Star had tried friggin' alcohol by herself. "Star, never take a mysterious drink from creepy grown men in pirate costumes." Marco said, of course making sure that Jack was nowhere in earshot of the duo when he said that. This only earned a content hum from Star, who had already fallen victim to his touch, completely forgetting about the alcohol as they made their way back to the ship.

Once they had finally returned to the aforementioned ship, Star had frowned a bit when Killian mentioned something called a "drinking game."

"Aww... maybe I should've kept that weird drink. I wanna play games too!" Star said in a pout, causing Marco to let out a long and overdrawn sigh.

"No, Star. You don't wanna do that. Why don't we play a normal game instead?" Marco suggested in an attempt to get her mind off of the booze for a second. Which wasn't exactly easy with Killian and Jack talking about it non stop.

xRI1bEb.jpg

"Maybe we can play spin the bottle." Star replied flirtatiously. Though she was only joking, for the most part. This, of course, earned an embarrassed blush from the Safe Kid, who after thinking about it cringed at the thought, considering most of their crew consisted of adults and anthropomorphic animals.

"Yeah, not happening. I'm pretty sure we'd be breaking several laws if we did that." Marco stated, hoping that this would convince her to play a normal game like Monopoly or something.

"Well that's fine. It can just be me and you." Star suggested, still smirking and being a lil flirt towards Marco.

"Sorry Star, but your breath smells like alcohol. I'm not gonna kiss you for at least another hour." Marco stated matter-of-factly before pausing and backtracking a bit. "Wait... who taught you how to play Spin the Bottle in the first place?" Marco asked, knowing good and well that he'd never teach Star how to play a game like that.

"Oh, Janna did!" Star replied nonchalantly with a smile, causing Marco to just facepalm so hard that his hand almost went through his face. Of course it was Janna. Who else would it be besides the girl who constantly flirted with Marco despite not actually having a crush on him and just wanted to make him feel uncomfortable? The local punk girl who-- wait... "Star, does that mean that you two..."

"Yup!"

"On the lips?"

"On the lips."

Marco sighed again. Despite only being fourteen, he was getting too old for this shit.

tumblr_inline_ncht08EkoG1sjwazq.png

"Well, excuse my villainous twisting of your words. Forgive me, m'lady," Killian sarcastically remarked, smiling when Emma corrected him. "Afraid to drink with a pirate? Can't blame you if that's the case, as I am rather intimidating--not to mention dashing," he added, straightening the collar of his coat when he would speak. He would then turn to head toward the lower decks where the rum had been stashed, deciding that he was more interested in this new liquid than what remained in his flask.

"Let's hope Captain Jack doesn't mind us sampling a bit of his rum, eh? He certainly didn't seem to notice when the juveniles had a taste. Rather distracted fellow, isn't he? Appears to have his head in the clouds. Can't be a pirate based on skill alone. Surely there's more to him than meets the eye." Jack certainly didn't compare to other pirates Killian had encountered, such as the cut-throat Captain Blackbeard. He certainly didn't seem as violent.

Before he was about to head down to the lower deck, he paused to look back at Emma and the rest. "Coming or not? May as well grab some drinks while we have three days to spare," he offered, mostly to Emma, but also to anyone else who was interested in having a drink. One person drinking by themselves was rather depressing anyhow. He only did such a thing when he was miserable. But, the majority of the time, he found it better to drink amongst mates.

He paused, however, when Star would chime in about joining these games. "There's no harm in the two of you joining in on some games, however, I must protest about the rum. Adults only, lass, sorry." He chuckled at the mention of spin the bottle, struggling not to shoot Emma a look. "Normally, I'd be happy to oblige, however, it may be a rather... odd game with this crew. Surely there are better games we can play." As much as he would've loved another shot at kissing Emma, he didn't want to end up kissing... Tigger, or something. >.>

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Anyone​

xRI1bEb.jpg

"Yup!"

"On the lips?"

"On the lips."

"Well, excuse my villainous twisting of your words. Forgive me, m'lady," Killian sarcastically remarked, smiling when Emma corrected him. "Afraid to drink with a pirate? Can't blame you if that's the case, as I am rather intimidating--not to mention dashing," he added, straightening the collar of his coat when he would speak. He would then turn to head toward the lower decks where the rum had been stashed, deciding that he was more interested in this new liquid than what remained in his flask.

"Let's hope Captain Jack doesn't mind us sampling a bit of his rum, eh? He certainly didn't seem to notice when the juveniles had a taste. Rather distracted fellow, isn't he? Appears to have his head in the clouds. Can't be a pirate based on skill alone. Surely there's more to him than meets the eye." Jack certainly didn't compare to other pirates Killian had encountered, such as the cut-throat Captain Blackbeard. He certainly didn't seem as violent.

Before he was about to head down to the lower deck, he paused to look back at Emma and the rest. "Coming or not? May as well grab some drinks while we have three days to spare," he offered, mostly to Emma, but also to anyone else who was interested in having a drink. One person drinking by themselves was rather depressing anyhow. He only did such a thing when he was miserable. But, the majority of the time, he found it better to drink amongst mates.

He paused, however, when Star would chime in about joining these games. "There's no harm in the two of you joining in on some games, however, I must protest about the rum. Adults only, lass, sorry." He chuckled at the mention of spin the bottle, struggling not to shoot Emma a look. "Normally, I'd be happy to oblige, however, it may be a rather... odd game with this crew. Surely there are better games we can play." As much as he would've loved another shot at kissing Emma, he didn't want to end up kissing... Tigger, or something. >.>

"Oh, please. I could drink you under the table," the blonde replied swiftly when Killian insinuated that she was afraid to drink with him, her pride once again kicking in. Besides, she could hold her liquor well. Better than most, in fact. She was certain that it would be no different with the pirate in front of her. Whom she followed without question as he set towards the rum stash.

Upon the mention that Jack would hopefully be okay with them trying the rum, she couldn't help but snicker. "He has to be. We're kind of the only crew he has. Besides... He offered to share his treasure before, didn't he?" she mused. "But you're not wrong. He may seem a bit incompetent, but there's more to him." Even if that more still wasn't great. Still, she didn't linger on it, not really wanting to acknowledge yet another fictional character if she could help it. So instead, she answered his other question. "Of course I'm coming. I'm not going to sit around for three days like this--"

"...No and no,"
Emma deadpanned at Star's apparent desire to partake in the drinking games, as well as her suggestion of the group playing spin the bottle. She did not want to play such a game with those on this ship. At all. "If you want to play a two-person game between you two, that's fine. But no playing with the rest of the lot." She didn't need Star or Marco kissing some walking, talking animals or old pirates like.... Jack. Or anyone else for that matter.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Whoevs​

"Oh, please. I could drink you under the table," the blonde replied swiftly when Killian insinuated that she was afraid to drink with him, her pride once again kicking in. Besides, she could hold her liquor well. Better than most, in fact. She was certain that it would be no different with the pirate in front of her. Whom she followed without question as he set towards the rum stash.

Upon the mention that Jack would hopefully be okay with them trying the rum, she couldn't help but snicker. "He has to be. We're kind of the only crew he has. Besides... He offered to share his treasure before, didn't he?" she mused. "But you're not wrong. He may seem a bit incompetent, but there's more to him." Even if that more still wasn't great. Still, she didn't linger on it, not really wanting to acknowledge yet another fictional character if she could help it. So instead, she answered his other question. "Of course I'm coming. I'm not going to sit around for three days like this--"

"...No and no," Emma deadpanned at Star's apparent desire to partake in the drinking games, as well as her suggestion of the group playing spin the bottle. She did not want to play such a game with those on this ship. At all. "If you want to play a two-person game between you two, that's fine. But no playing with the rest of the lot." She didn't need Star or Marco kissing some walking, talking animals or old pirates like.... Jack. Or anyone else for that matter.

"Don't worry, I don't wanna kiss any of you anyways. I got myself someone right here!" Star declared happily, pulling Marco into a hug.

v3EkLWB.jpg

"Uh huh, yeah Star, normally I'd be fine with kissing you and all, but like I said your breath smells like alcohol. And I really don't wanna have the taste of alcohol in my mou--"

vafp2.jpg

Before Marco could even finish his sentence, Star pulled Marco into a passionate kiss, much more passionate than the one they had shared earlier. To make matters worse, it was all done right in front of Killian and Emma, as if to spite then or something.

Yeah that'll show 'em :T

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Nice Execution!

"...No and no," Emma deadpanned at Star's apparent desire to partake in the drinking games, as well as her suggestion of the group playing spin the bottle. She did not want to play such a game with those on this ship. At all. "If you want to play a two-person game between you two, that's fine. But no playing with the rest of the lot." She didn't need Star or Marco kissing some walking, talking animals or old pirates like.... Jack. Or anyone else for that matter.

"Don't worry, I don't wanna kiss any of you anyways. I got myself someone right here!" Star declared happily, pulling Marco into a hug.

v3EkLWB.jpg

"Uh huh, yeah Star, normally I'd be fine with kissing you and all, but like I said your breath smells like alcohol. And I really don't wanna have the taste of alcohol in my mou--"

vafp2.jpg

Before Marco could even finish his sentence, Star pulled Marco into a passionate kiss, much more passionate than the one they had shared earlier. To make matters worse, it was all done right in front of Killian and Emma, as if to spite then or something.

"All talk, love," Killian scoffed. "You'll have to prove yourself before I'll agree to that one. No man holds his rum quite like I do." For someone who sounded so reluctant to have a drink with him, Emma talked pretty boldly. While he liked that in her, he hoped that such talk wasn't just an excuse for her to get out of drinking with him. As evasive as she was, it wouldn't have surprised him one bit if that were the case.​

"Be that as it may, the man's a pirate. How many pirates offer to share their treasure with people? Not many. You can't blame me for being a tad suspicious. I'm always suspicious of other pirates. Eh, nevertheless, my suspicions aren't going to hold me back from any drinking. If the man tries to gut me for it later, well, I'll deal with it then." But hopefully he wouldn't have to deal with it while drunk. Fighting while intoxicated had always proved to be challenging.

"A two person game of spin the bottle seems a bit redundant, don't you think?" Killian questioned, when Emma would again bring up the suggestion. "May as well skip spinning the bottle and get straight to the--" The pirate cut himself off, frowning when Star would pull Marco into a kiss right in front of them. "Rather public with their affection, aren't they? I'd hate to interrupt so... 'bout time I had that drink." Awkwardly, Killian turned to walk away, heading towards the lower deck now. He was somewhat annoyed, not really interested in the affections of others. He was only interested in his own love life--which was nonexistent at the moment. : |

• Nice Execution!

v3EkLWB.jpg

vafp2.jpg

"All talk, love," Killian scoffed. "You'll have to prove yourself before I'll agree to that one. No man holds his rum quite like I do." For someone who sounded so reluctant to have a drink with him, Emma talked pretty boldly. While he liked that in her, he hoped that such talk wasn't just an excuse for her to get out of drinking with him. As evasive as she was, it wouldn't have surprised him one bit if that were the case.​

"Be that as it may, the man's a pirate. How many pirates offer to share their treasure with people? Not many. You can't blame me for being a tad suspicious. I'm always suspicious of other pirates. Eh, nevertheless, my suspicions aren't going to hold me back from any drinking. If the man tries to gut me for it later, well, I'll deal with it then." But hopefully he wouldn't have to deal with it while drunk. Fighting while intoxicated had always proved to be challenging.

"A two person game of spin the bottle seems a bit redundant, don't you think?" Killian questioned, when Emma would again bring up the suggestion. "May as well skip spinning the bottle and get straight to the--" The pirate cut himself off, frowning when Star would pull Marco into a kiss right in front of them. "Rather public with their affection, aren't they? I'd hate to interrupt so... 'bout time I had that drink." Awkwardly, Killian turned to walk away, heading towards the lower deck now. He was somewhat annoyed, not really interested in the affections of others. He was only interested in his own love life--which was nonexistent at the moment. : |

"Yeah? Well, I'm not a man," she half-taunted. "Then let's do it. Name your game," she challenged with a slight grin as she glanced at Killian, concerning his statement that she'd have to prove herself. Right now, she didn't even care who she drank with. She just wanted to loosen up, even if it was with Hook around and it meant risking talking. And it wasn't just because she was proud and wanted to prove him wrong.

Admittedly, she didn't really care to keep up their conversation about Jack at the moment, choosing to drop it altogether. Yeah. Drinking a much more favorable topic- and activity, at that -as a whole than the captain Jack. She still wasn't dealing with the whole revelation of a whole new set of fictional character coming to life around her too well, which was admittedly a piece of why she was so desperate for a drink. It was just difficult to process and accept.

She could only shrug at Killian's point about a game of spin the bottle between two people being pointless, not caring to confirm or deny. "Maybe. But if she wants to play that game, it's not going to be with the others. Kid is not kissing the petting zoo or the rest on my watch," she mused to him in particular, quietly. Only for the kiss to ensue, causing Emma to blink before turning away, waving behind her at the kids. "Yeah. Have fun with that." But not too much fun, or that kid's dead meat.

Noting Killian's similarly less than interested response, she decided to tease him. Or, well, she thought she was teasing him. Yet in the back of her mind, she also wanted to know his reaction. "If you're jealous of their 'public affection', just go find someone to kiss. Isn't that kind of your thing? Rampant flirting?" She wouldn't admit it, but she hoped not. Regardless, she all too eagerly continued their quest for drinks, and upon arrival? Without pause, she cracked one open and took a rather sizable swig. Probably bigger than she should have, the burning sensation completely overwhelming her senses. But she didn't give a damn. Hopefully, their 'captain' wouldn't either. Because she'd totally fight him. She needed alcohol.

After looking at Star's reaction to its taste, Herbert responds to Killian, "must be one of those treasures. Acquired taste, I suppose."

Herbert then walks up to Captain Jack.

"Come on Cap! We're not the only ones looking for the Heart of Light! A band of pirates lead by Thanos' fleet are after it too! You don't want to lose to them, or lose in general, do you?"

Herbert thought he had it in the bag!

@Jeremi

"Uh-huh. Interestin'..." Jack said nodding to the polar bear as he took another swig from his rum. "Excitin'."

After awhile the ship had reached out further into the sea being directed by Jack's compass. Suddenly however they spotted a ship at the horizon.

"First ship we've seen after getting here." Songbird replied looking over to America.

"Yeah..." She made her way up to the wheel where Jack was and grabbed the telescope he was holding in his hand to get a closer look.

"...Shit. We got a problem people!" America shouted to the rest of the group. The ship she saw wasn't of this world, and neither was its crew or captain. "Maul's here."

Darth Maul as well had spotted the Fool's Errand with the use of a high tech binoculars. "Finally." He responded to a nearby Chitauri warrior. "Ready the cannon. We will act swiftly before any counter attack can be raised." His crew nodded and stated to preparing to battle.

America meanwhile turned towards Jack to check their options. "What weapons do we have on this boat?"

Jack pondered that for a bit. "Three cannons...actually two cannons and some balls."

That wasn't much to go with. Despite the crew probably being able to tackle their foe head on. With no ship they would be sitting ducks so they had to defend it.

"Someone man the cannons! We wont be able to outrun them but we can try!"

As she said that a giant laser fired overhead cutting down one of the masts that would make an escape trickier. "Nevermind that then."

"Should the fliers get into the air?" Songbird asked.

"We could try. Everyone planning on getting close don't die on me now. All the else get ready for a fight!"

"Hey! I'm the captain here!" Jack shouted to America.

"So? Anything to add?"

"No that sounds about right."

"That's what I thought."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi

"Uh-huh. Interestin'..." Jack said nodding to the polar bear as he took another swig from his rum. "Excitin'."

After awhile the ship had reached out further into the sea being directed by Jack's compass. Suddenly however they spotted a ship at the horizon.

"First ship we've seen after getting here." Songbird replied looking over to America.

"Yeah..." She made her way up to the wheel where Jack was and grabbed the telescope he was holding in his hand to get a closer look.

"...Shit. We got a problem people!" America shouted to the rest of the group. The ship she saw wasn't of this world, and neither was its crew or captain. "Maul's here."

Darth Maul as well had spotted the Fool's Errand with the use of a high tech binoculars. "Finally." He responded to a nearby Chitauri warrior. "Ready the cannon. We will act swiftly before any counter attack can be raised." His crew nodded and stated to preparing to battle.

America meanwhile turned towards Jack to check their options. "What weapons do we have on this boat?"

Jack pondered that for a bit. "Three cannons...actually two cannons and some balls."

That wasn't much to go with. Despite the crew probably being able to tackle their foe head on. With no ship they would be sitting ducks so they had to defend it.

As she said that a giant laser fired overhead cutting down one of the masts that would make an escape trickier. "Nevermind that then."

"We could try. Everyone planning on getting close don't die on me now. All the else get ready for a fight!"

"So? Anything to add?"

"That's what I thought."

wGGjE0w.jpg

"He doesn't give a darn, does he?" Herbert talked to himself.

That was when an opposing pirate ship popped in.

"I'm heading there up-close. Star, you got anything up your sleeve?" Herbert asks, seeming to hint to request for a way to get to the other ship.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

"Yeah? Well, I'm not a man," she half-taunted. "Then let's do it. Name your game," she challenged with a slight grin as she glanced at Killian, concerning his statement that she'd have to prove herself. Right now, she didn't even care who she drank with. She just wanted to loosen up, even if it was with Hook around and it meant risking talking. And it wasn't just because she was proud and wanted to prove him wrong.

Admittedly, she didn't really care to keep up their conversation about Jack at the moment, choosing to drop it altogether. Yeah. Drinking a much more favorable topic- and activity, at that -as a whole than the captain Jack. She still wasn't dealing with the whole revelation of a whole new set of fictional character coming to life around her too well, which was admittedly a piece of why she was so desperate for a drink. It was just difficult to process and accept.

She could only shrug at Killian's point about a game of spin the bottle between two people being pointless, not caring to confirm or deny. "Maybe. But if she wants to play that game, it's not going to be with the others. Kid is not kissing the petting zoo or the rest on my watch," she mused to him in particular, quietly. Only for the kiss to ensue, causing Emma to blink before turning away, waving behind her at the kids. "Yeah. Have fun with that." But not too much fun, or that kid's dead meat.

Noting Killian's similarly less than interested response, she decided to tease him. Or, well, she thought she was teasing him. Yet in the back of her mind, she also wanted to know his reaction. "If you're jealous of their 'public affection', just go find someone to kiss. Isn't that kind of your thing? Rampant flirting?" She wouldn't admit it, but she hoped not. Regardless, she all too eagerly continued their quest for drinks, and upon arrival? Without pause, she cracked one open and took a rather sizable swig. Probably bigger than she should have, the burning sensation completely overwhelming her senses. But she didn't give a damn. Hopefully, their 'captain' wouldn't either. Because she'd totally fight him. She needed alcohol.

"That you aren't," Killian said, ogling the blonde when she would state that she 'wasn't a man'. "I most certainly noticed, seeing as how you have such womanly features. Nothing wrong with that. I prefer it, in fact." His words were a bit off topic from where they had originally been talking about holding their drinks, but the man clearly couldn't help himself from saying something. The thirst is real. And we're not just talking rum here.

"Quite protective of her, aren't you?" Killian remarked when Emma would state how she didn't want Star to be kissing anyone on her watch. "Not that I can't see why. She's a child, and I suppose she does need someone to look out for her. Good thing that's you; watching children isn't exactly on my agenda." It was almost laughable for Killian to say this, considering the fact that he had been looking out for Star. He had given her a ring to try and comfort her and have even stood up for the girl on a couple of occasions. The captain was honestly better with children then he cared to admit.

"On the contrary, I do have someone to kiss," Hook playfully teased, reaching out to brush aside a lock of Emma's blonde hair. "However, she clearly told me, and I quote, it was a one time thing. Can't exactly kiss someone who doesn't want it, eh? Unless, that is, I'm willing to be slapped across my face. Not exactly interested in that either." Following suit with Emma, Killian would then pull himself out a bottle of rum and guzzle a big ass drink of it. It was only moments later, that chaos would ensue on the boat...

Hook flinched when he would hear one of the masts fall above deck. "What's going on up there? Mr Smee, you're making a hell of a racket! Can't a man have a drink in peace?" he complained, wrinkling his nose. Unfortunately, he had just consumed enough rum to make his brain a bit... fuzzy... and he hadn't comprehended what was going on just yet.

@Midnight Maiden @Jeremi @others​

• Love

"So? Anything to add?"

"That's what I thought."

After they had shared their second long kiss, Star took notice that everyone had left her and Marco alone for the time being. Turning to Marco and smiling, Star took the safe kid's hand.

"Sooooo, ya wanna get some nachos?" Star asked a bit awkwardly. Before she had a chance to make some artificial nachos with her wand, however, it seemed that they were under attack by more of Thanos' goons!

50jUuf8.jpg

"Well I guess we can take a raincheck on that." She stated before slugging Marco on the shoulder with a weak smile.

As she was running up to the deck in order to help, she stopped next to Killian and Emma, one of which appeared to be so drunk that they didn't even know what was happening.

"We're under attack! Get up!"
Star said as she frantically shook Killian in an attempt to get his attention, and Emma as well assuming that she was acting the same.

Meanwhile, Marco simply made his way to the cannons and attempted to man them. Sadly, even with all that karate training, Marco wasn't able to lift the canon balls it seemed. So instead, Marco rolled the balls over to the cannons before looking around for someone to help him.

"A little help here!?" Marco yelled to anyone within earshot as he struggled to lift the cannon ball himself.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.