Murder Game XVII: The Infinity Parable

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_nfxywuxTrs1s0kmzl.png

Hiro couldn't help but give Flash something of a condescending smile as he insisted he wasn't thirty, and then proceeded to talk of math. Being an early college graduate, he could easily tell that the older man's strong suit was never Math, but then, most people were the same way, weren't they?

"Mr. Flash, I'm... not sure how that works," he chuckled, before giving a quick tap on his back (because Hiro couldn't reach the former jock's shoulder), "But hey, at least you're never too old to be a super hero either way, right?" The boy teased.

@Josh M

"Jesus, I'm twenty five. Is this what being bullied feels likes? Never been on this side of the fence before. It sucks.

Flash scratched his head before turning to Pocahontas.

" This is why I like you, P. At least you when you tease me, It's nicer than when Brunnhilde does it."

Suddenly, Flash froze. A wave a pain, guilt and fear washed over him. However, he had to keep it moving.

"Anyway, you asked who Stephen Colbert was?"

@Jeremi @Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @Yun Lee

"Jesus, I'm twenty five. Is this what being bullied feels likes? Never been on this side of the fence before. It sucks.

Flash scratched his head before turning to Pocahontas.

" This is why I like you, P. At least you when you tease me, It's nicer than when Brunnhilde does it."

Suddenly, Flash froze. A wave a pain, guilt and fear washed over him. However, he had to keep it moving.

"Anyway, you asked who Stephen Colbert was?"

@Jeremi @Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @Yun Lee

tumblr_o147gzs9w01uuvf3mo7_250.png

Pocahontas couldn't help but make a playful expression towards Flash.

"Teasing, though there was some truth behind the statement, is something that I do best when it's needed." she replied.

When asked about her earlier question she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, I did." there was a bit of a pause before she asked;

"Who's Burnn-hild?" she asked softly, "you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable." she added.

@Jeremi @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @others

Hook scoffed, reaching out to tap her under the chin before he would call her out on that sarcastic smirk on her lips. "Nice try, but not quite. As I said, a genuine smile, one that can't easily be forced or feigned. I'll be on the lookout for one." Killian was actually a bit pleased by her smile, however, because she chose only to smile instead of saying something about his playful comments. Had what he said actually worked this time? The thought was a nice one.

Although Emma wouldn't press him for details on his lie, he had a feeling she had still saw through it regardless. He wondered if it was because she was being respectful or if Emma didn't really care regardless. Nevertheless, he wouldn't have much time for Emma to even try to press him about it before their group would move onto a new location, and a familiar one at that. The soft ocean breeze, gentle sound of waves beneath his feet, and open atmosphere of freedom... Hook was back in his turf.

tumblr_inline_nrdzsgpr6U1t22rjh_100.jpg

"Well now, what have we here?" Killian would say before even noticing Emma had spoken to him. For the first time in several hours, he was more focused on something besides the pretty blonde. This location really did make him feel better. "This isn't home, love," he finally replied to Emma after a moment. "Home is aboard the Jolly Roger, my own ship. But, how do I put this, I do feel more... at ease here. For the first time since we've set off on this bloody journey we've landed in a place I can understand."

Killian only found himself breaking away from the sights of their location when Star would run off, Emma rushing after her. "Wait, we don't know whose ship this is," he warned, turning to quickly head after them. Pirates could be dangerous, unforgiving people. He knew that better than anyone, of course. But where were all the pirates? Their group could only hear one man snoring in the distance. Stopping outside the captain's quarters that everyone would enter, Killian lingered in the doorway. He watched as Xehanort lift the hat off the sleeping man's head, waiting to see who this person was and if he recognized him.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Crow @Mason Moretti

tumblr_inline_oa801asfkZ1tab5zj_100.png

Emma didn't quite flinch at the touch, but she did feel her heart speed up, nonetheless. But she didn't let on, just keeping the same tight, sarcastic smile on her face even as he pulled his hand away again. "Really?" she mused, as though his statement had astonished her. "Well, you keep watching. Let me know if you see anything," she quipped absentmindedly, not putting much thought or care into her words. It wasn't like he would get her to smile sincerely, not for him. Not as a result of any action he could take. She had no worries or considerations on the matter, dismissing it easily.

"I didn't literally mean home. Pretty sure I didn't see any open waters like this back in the Enchanted Forest,"
she stated blandly, peering around all the while. "Glad to hear you're more comfortable, though. I just don't recommend getting too comfortable. We don't have any idea what to expect here," she pointed out, feeling quite wary herself. Namely because she had the oddest sense of deja vu. Perhaps that wouldn't be odd, were it not for the fact that she hadn't been on a boat in her life.

Also. Then a lot of shit happened. And then they were on an island. Yeah. Sadly because her writer was away, she didn't get to be mother Swan.

As two days went by, they finally reached the island the odd captain sought. The odd captain just happening to be Jack fuckin' Sparrow. Because why wouldn't it be. Still, she desperately tried to keep from freaking out, just taking deep breaths and eventually piping up as she and the others walked. "So... What exactly are we looking for?" A pause, before she glanced to Star, something like disbelief in her eyes before she brushed it off. "...Yeah. Sure, kid. You never know."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
peAUqMJ.jpg

"Really, thank you. It means a lot." Marco replied before walking to a place where he could get some shut eye. He needed it after a day like today.

The next two days had been rather peaceful. No monsters to fight, no rainbow blasting innocent bistanders, and it was all around a comfortable voyage.

Then they reached the island.

As soon as Marco stepped off the ship his safe kid senses were off the charts. Literally everything about this place screamed "get out" to him.
"Usually when someone asks 'What's the worst thing that could happen', something really bad happens." Marco said to Songbird in a tone that almost made him sound like he was angry with her, though he was really just nervous as all hell. The safe kid traversed through the island near the back of the group with Hiro and Flash while making sure to keep the rest of the group, specifically Star, in his eyesight.

"I'm sorry, but what even are you?" Marco asked Tigger as they traversed through the island in an attempt to get his mind off of the eeriness of their surroundings.

@Verite @Josh M @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee

Speaking of Star, her reaction to the island was much different from Marco's.

VIhO8xj.jpg

"Woah. This place is huge! Do you really think we're gonna find some buried treasure?" Star asked Killian as she nonchalantly skipped beside him and Emma, wand in tow.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden

tumblr_inline_oa801asfkZ1tab5zj_100.png

Emma didn't quite flinch at the touch, but she did feel her heart speed up, nonetheless. But she didn't let on, just keeping the same tight, sarcastic smile on her face even as he pulled his hand away again. "Really?" she mused, as though his statement had astonished her. "Well, you keep watching. Let me know if you see anything," she quipped absentmindedly, not putting much thought or care into her words. It wasn't like he would get her to smile sincerely, not for him. Not as a result of any action he could take. She had no worries or considerations on the matter, dismissing it easily.

"I didn't literally mean home. Pretty sure I didn't see any open waters like this back in the Enchanted Forest,"
she stated blandly, peering around all the while. "Glad to hear you're more comfortable, though. I just don't recommend getting too comfortable. We don't have any idea what to expect here," she pointed out, feeling quite wary herself. Namely because she had the oddest sense of deja vu. Perhaps that wouldn't be odd, were it not for the fact that she hadn't been on a boat in her life.

Also. Then a lot of shit happened. And then they were on an island. Yeah. Sadly because her writer was away, she didn't get to be mother Swan.

As two days went by, they finally reached the island the odd captain sought. The odd captain just happening to be Jack fuckin' Sparrow. Because why wouldn't it be. Still, she desperately tried to keep from freaking out, just taking deep breaths and eventually piping up as she and the others walked. "So... What exactly are we looking for?" A pause, before she glanced to Star, something like disbelief in her eyes before she brushed it off. "...Yeah. Sure, kid. You never know."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore
tumblr_inline_nzo6ixOZF51tuj6g8_500.jpg

"Aye, she's right," Kilian replied to Star, agreeing with Emma's comment. "That's what we're here for, so I'm sure we'll find some manner of treasure. What we'll find, however, I haven't a clue. You'd best ask your Captain Jack about that one," Hook added, still seeming somewhat annoyed by the fact that he had worked as a crew member on another captain's ship. Working on the ship and being on the ocean he had enjoyed, but dealing with Jack had been another story. "Tell me, ladies, what kind of treasure would you like to see?" he questioned Star and Emma, mostly trying to draw their attention away from the mild frustration that had flickered on his face for a moment.

@thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Jeremi

"Aye, she's right," Kilian replied to Star, agreeing with Emma's comment. "That's what we're here for, so I'm sure we'll find some manner of treasure. What we'll find, however, I haven't a clue. You'd best ask your Captain Jack about that one," Hook added, still seeming somewhat annoyed by the fact that he had worked as a crew member on another captain's ship. Working on the ship and being on the ocean he had enjoyed, but dealing with Jack had been another story. "Tell me, ladies, what kind of treasure would you like to see?" he questioned Star and Emma, mostly trying to draw their attention away from the mild frustration that had flickered on his face for a moment.

Emma-emma-swan-35469906-100-100.jpg

Nodding her agreement with Hook's agreement with, well, her hesitant confirmation for Star, Emma glanced around fleetingly at their surrounding. Man, this was going to be one hell of a clusterfuck, trying to find treasure on this island. She was distracted from that concern, at least momentarily, though, by Killian's apparent bitterness towards the captain. A glance was spared towards the man, Emma's eyebrows quirking upward and a small trace of a smirk coming to her face as she observed him. The annoyance he wore was blatantly obvious. "What, are you jealous?" she inquired half-seriously, looking rather amused by the idea. Still, she did her best to dismiss it afterwards, answering his question as sincerely as it came.

"Whatever the hell will get us out of here."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

"Cool." Star replied as they continued to traverse through the jungle, the princess idly shoving past twigs and leaves. When Killian asked what kind of treasure Star wanted to see, the princess stopped and thought for a second.

fCzAJ.jpg

"Hmm..." Star hummed in thought for a few moments before suddenly snapping her fingers once she figured out what she wanted. "Oh I know! I wanna get something that I can give Marco. Y'know after everything he's done for me." Star said with a nod before skipping alongside Killian and Emma once again. She didn't really need jewelry or money, being a princess and all. And she highly doubted that the treasure would be a lifetime supply of nachos. Not even Star was that naive.

Emma-emma-swan-35469906-100-100.jpg

Nodding her agreement with Hook's agreement with, well, her hesitant confirmation for Star, Emma glanced around fleetingly at their surrounding. Man, this was going to be one hell of a clusterfuck, trying to find treasure on this island. She was distracted from that concern, at least momentarily, though, by Killian's apparent bitterness towards the captain. A glance was spared towards the man, Emma's eyebrows quirking upward and a small trace of a smirk coming to her face as she observed him. The annoyance he wore was blatantly obvious. "What, are you jealous?" she inquired half-seriously, looking rather amused by the idea. Still, she did her best to dismiss it afterwards, answering his question as sincerely as it came.

"Whatever the hell will get us out of here."

"Cool." Star replied as they continued to traverse through the jungle, the princess idly shoving past twigs and leaves. When Killian asked what kind of treasure Star wanted to see, the princess stopped and thought for a second.

fCzAJ.jpg

"Hmm..." Star hummed in thought for a few moments before suddenly snapping her fingers once she figured out what she wanted. "Oh I know! I wanna get something that I can give Marco. Y'know after everything he's done for me." Star said with a nod before skipping alongside Killian and Emma once again. She didn't really need jewelry or money, being a princess and all. And she highly doubted that the treasure would be a lifetime supply of nachos. Not even Star was that naive.

When Emma would make her remark, Killian opened his mouth to say something, only to shut it again. To any ordinary person he would've readily been able to spout out a lie that might protect his pride, but again, Emma wasn't exactly an ordinary person. He had almost forgotten about her bloody super power, that silly little ability she had to detect his lies. This almost made him entirely at a loss for what he should say. Of course, the blonde was correct. Still, it wasn't as if he wanted any such frustrations to be broadcasted to their entire group.

Doing his best to be evasive, Killian neither confirmed nor denied Emma's suggestion. Instead he replied, "That man's more a captain due to luck than skill. Without us, he would've had not a soul to captain over. He bloody well owes us big for our aide. Let's hope he'll be able to assist us with what we need after we've found whatever treasure he seeks. Or that... he hasn't been swindling us this entire time." Jack was a pirate after all, and Hook knew better than anyone how such men liked to scam people.

"Lovely sentiment," Hook responded to Star first, rather flat-faced when he would speak. Her idea was so sweet that he almost wanted to gag. But, in truth, he was probably just jealous that the person who Star liked actually had returned her feelings. Emma's response, however, he wholeheartedly agreed with. "Well put, love. The sooner we leave this place, the better."

Killian would pause for a moment before deciding to answer his own question. "There is no treasure greater to me than my ship. She's the only treasure I need, my one and only love," he said, pausing before he would add, "But, since she won't be found here I'd settle for some, oh, rum perhaps. Nothing like a good swig of rum to warm the belly."

Not that he hadn't been drinking enough rum for the past couple days while they had been aboard Jack's ship. It was just the best thing he could come up with at the moment. Well, the best thing he could come up with... that he felt like saying. Emma herself was also another treasure in his eyes. The fact that he had only mentioned his ship being his greatest treasure was easily another lie. He wouldn't care if Emma called him on it though. It was exhausting to always watch what he said around her. And besides that, maybe it was good to keep her questioning him every now and again.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

After spending the trip by himself, Billy landed next to the group as they began their trek into the jungle. "You know where you're going?" he asked Jack.

Tommy then appeared next to Jack. "Point me in a direction and I'll be there and back in just a sec'."

@Jeremi @Everyone

He pointed to the compass with a cheeky grin. "Don't worry son, I know where we're going."

Jack looked like Tommy had two heads. "I don't think that's feasible son...besides traps son! Traps! Just let me handle the pointin' and the walkin'. You just follow, savvy?" It seemed that Jack wasn't very interested in anyone else finding this treasure before himself. He motioned towards the jungle and beckoned them to follow.

Before America followed she looked one final time at the Fool's Errand. On the bow she saw the hooded figure once again. She was starting to get annoyed to see this figure following them. She turned away and back sure enough the figure was gone.

After a bit of trekking into the jungle with out much mishap. Suddenly however someone with a keen eye spotted a rope going past the ground. Jack however seemed oblivious to it only looking down at the compass to lead them forward.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

Violet Parr
@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite
@Others

Violet concentrated, pouring all the energy that she could muster, until one of the winged creatures from before... The leader of their clan it seems, picked up Frollo's bubble, and lifted it high in the air.

Unfortunately, as it got further and further away from her... It was getting increasingly difficult to maintain her forcefield, un til alas... It dissipated, along with the other forcefields cast over their opponent, however... As Frollo fell this time, his powers had mysteriously left him, bringing an end to him once and for all...

With a sigh of relief, Violet realized that the battle was over, but she was quick to realize that there was still alot to do; not long was Dark Wing's daughter kidnapped, but so was Lexington.

Thus, the plot thickens, and if her suspicions were right, these shadowy creatures, perhaps lead by someone like Frollo, would likely be after one, or more people in the next world they would inevitably visit...

plWD8ex.png

"Come on! We've got to hurry!" She said, immediately hopping through America's tear through space and time once more...

Where they ended up was a bit of a shocker compared to their previous locations; instead of a sprawling city of one sort or another, they ended up on a rickety ship.

However, Violet's intention to speak to the apparent (and currently snoozing) captain was kind of interrupted when Star nearly killed him with some sort of magical rainbow beam... And quite a commotion was stirred up, which quickly caused Violet to turn invisible once more, and try and tiptoe her way out of the room.

Eventually, she found her way to a cabin, where she planned on waiting out the journey when she noticed the ship was moving... Though, it didn't take her too long to begin contributing to the ship crew, helping hoist and unhoist the sails, spot for land... And even helping herself to some onboard rations here and there.

When they finally reached land, it had been at least a 48 hours of travel, but all in all... Violet wasn't particularly keen on the Island they arrived at; though she knew she couldn't just stay on the ship, and thus, she followed the others onto land.

As they trecked through the beach, and into the jungle, it didn't take long for Violet to spot that suspicious looking rope going past the ground... And reacting in an instant, incase it was a trap, she called out to the group's leader. Captain Jack sparrow.

"Hey! Don't you see the rope?!" She shouted.

Though it could just be nothing, she was still a bit suspicious of these island like environments thanks to her experience with Syndrome, and his remote, tropical hideout...​

Pocahontas glanced over to Herbert before frowning. Staying out of the fiasco with Star due to the others intervening, she walked over to the bear instead.

"That looks like a face of mischief." she said.

@Jeremi @Crow @Josh M @others

Flash watched Billy fly off, seeming lost in his head as he watch the boy pass by. Turning to the young couple

"You know, this whole situation is bring back fond
memories of one of my exes, Felicia. She always knew what button to push on me."

Turning to Marco, Flash just stared before speaking.

"Also, we all know she's faking right? I mean, come on."

"I mean, Steven Colbert has been warning us about bears for years. Bears can be sketchy"

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @whoever

Mom problems? America was not surprised at all about that.​

Like me and Billy huh? Oh please Venom, you're not fooling anyone.. "Aren't you like 30 or something?"

"Look, it's not just you or her tangled up in this mess. It's all of us." America replied to Marco. "Maybe one day that one mistake will cost us all dearly." With that she walked away towards Jack to try and see if she could get anything out of him.

The Fool's Errand sailed the seas for two days and two nights with out much mishap. For food they had salted meats and lemons. Evidently Jack hadn't planned on a long journey considering the food stocks, but the group survived all the same. Songbird in particular was weary on the course but Jack assured her and the rest of his new crew that his compass was leading them to the right place.

And so in the morning they could hear America shouting from the deck. "Land ho!"

90f02ba9d6fdd875887965991206c239.jpg

Sure enough an island had come to view and the Fool's Errant made its way towards shore. The water was deep enough for the galleon to reach the shore and with a help of a rope ladder the group got down into the water and unto the shore. "See? What did I tell ya?" Jack replied with a smug look on his face. He seemed awfully pleased about proving them wrong.

"Here's the island! With the treasure! I thank you all for the service and the joyful bountifulness that you shall all feel when said treasure is in our grasp!"

America was not impressed, they were here only for him to lead them to the heart of light and nothing more. "Okay, okay. So what's our course, Captain?"

Jack took out his compass again that pointed them straight into the jungle. "That way! Obviously I'm taking point so you can all follow a bit after...savvy?" With that Jack swaggered towards the jungle with hopefully the rest of the group following.

Songbird looked the group. "What's the worst thing that could happen really?" She replied trying to slightly cheer them up.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

He pointed to the compass with a cheeky grin. "Don't worry son, I know where we're going."

Jack looked like Tommy had two heads. "I don't think that's feasible son...besides traps son! Traps! Just let me handle the pointin' and the walkin'. You just follow, savvy?" It seemed that Jack wasn't very interested in anyone else finding this treasure before himself. He motioned towards the jungle and beckoned them to follow.

Before America followed she looked one final time at the Fool's Errand. On the bow she saw the hooded figure once again. She was starting to get annoyed to see this figure following them. She turned away and back sure enough the figure was gone.

After a bit of trekking into the jungle with out much mishap. Suddenly however someone with a keen eye spotted a rope going past the ground. Jack however seemed oblivious to it only looking down at the compass to lead them forward.​

Violet Parr
@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite
@Others

Violet concentrated, pouring all the energy that she could muster, until one of the winged creatures from before... The leader of their clan it seems, picked up Frollo's bubble, and lifted it high in the air.

Unfortunately, as it got further and further away from her... It was getting increasingly difficult to maintain her forcefield, un til alas... It dissipated, along with the other forcefields cast over their opponent, however... As Frollo fell this time, his powers had mysteriously left him, bringing an end to him once and for all...

With a sigh of relief, Violet realized that the battle was over, but she was quick to realize that there was still alot to do; not long was Dark Wing's daughter kidnapped, but so was Lexington.

Thus, the plot thickens, and if her suspicions were right, these shadowy creatures, perhaps lead by someone like Frollo, would likely be after one, or more people in the next world they would inevitably visit...

plWD8ex.png

"Come on! We've got to hurry!" She said, immediately hopping through America's tear through space and time once more...

Where they ended up was a bit of a shocker compared to their previous locations; instead of a sprawling city of one sort or another, they ended up on a rickety ship.

However, Violet's intention to speak to the apparent (and currently snoozing) captain was kind of interrupted when Star nearly killed him with some sort of magical rainbow beam... And quite a commotion was stirred up, which quickly caused Violet to turn invisible once more, and try and tiptoe her way out of the room.

Eventually, she found her way to a cabin, where she planned on waiting out the journey when she noticed the ship was moving... Though, it didn't take her too long to begin contributing to the ship crew, helping hoist and unhoist the sails, spot for land... And even helping herself to some onboard rations here and there.

When they finally reached land, it had been at least a 48 hours of travel, but all in all... Violet wasn't particularly keen on the Island they arrived at; though she knew she couldn't just stay on the ship, and thus, she followed the others onto land.

As they trecked through the beach, and into the jungle, it didn't take long for Violet to spot that suspicious looking rope going past the ground... And reacting in an instant, incase it was a trap, she called out to the group's leader. Captain Jack sparrow.

Though it could just be nothing, she was still a bit suspicious of these island like environments thanks to her experience with Syndrome, and his remote, tropical hideout...​

"Motivation, not mischief," Herbert says to Pocahontas.

"Yeah, something tells me that there won't be a point with my cannon upgrades, for the most part anyways," Herbert says as he prepared to alight the Fool's Errand. Waiting for everyone to alight, even Jack Sparrow, he unscrewed one of the cannons and put it in his inventory, which, by Club Penguin rules, was pretty close to a pocket dimension in terms of description. The upgrades he made to those cannons weren't too major, but they were certainly magnificent.

Herbert took in the sun. "Just what I needed - a nice, eternal summer."

Just then, Violet called out the presence of a rope.

"A rope? That must mean some other pesky bird or whatever you are must be here," Herbert speaks to Violet, "so we're not alone, got it."

Herbert took his cannon out and attached it to the ground as it took in some soil, preparing to fend for himself.

@Jeremi @York @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Josh M @etcetcetc​

tumblr_o147gzs9w01uuvf3mo7_250.png

Pocahontas couldn't help but make a playful expression towards Flash.

"Teasing, though there was some truth behind the statement, is something that I do best when it's needed." she replied.

When asked about her earlier question she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, I did." there was a bit of a pause before she asked;

"Who's Burnn-hild?" she asked softly, "you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable." she added.

"Don't worry about it. She's umm, it's complicated."

Flash coughed before going on.

"Brunn, she's a lot of things. She's a goddess, a warrior, tougher than nails. She's a friend, well at least that. Anything more than that most depends on her mood. I doubt you'll ever met her."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @others

Violet Parr
@Others

plWD8ex.png

Jack stopped mere inches away from the rope and turned to face Violet. "Wassat? You're shoutin' so hard I could barely hear you!"

"She said don't step on the rope." Songbird replied as she walked up to pull Jack further away from the rope.

"Oh...huh." Jack inspected the rope. "Don't think that was here last time?"

"Wait last time? You've been here before?" America asked surprised. "What kind of treasure is this?"

If Jack heard her he didn't seem to show it and just continued with his own thing. "We're not to far off now mates! According to my calculations we just have a little left to go. Oh also watch your step. Don't know what buggers might surprise you."

fCzAJ.jpg

When Emma would make her remark, Killian opened his mouth to say something, only to shut it again. To any ordinary person he would've readily been able to spout out a lie that might protect his pride, but again, Emma wasn't exactly an ordinary person. He had almost forgotten about her bloody super power, that silly little ability she had to detect his lies. This almost made him entirely at a loss for what he should say. Of course, the blonde was correct. Still, it wasn't as if he wanted any such frustrations to be broadcasted to their entire group.

Doing his best to be evasive, Killian neither confirmed nor denied Emma's suggestion. Instead he replied, "That man's more a captain due to luck than skill. Without us, he would've had not a soul to captain over. He bloody well owes us big for our aide. Let's hope he'll be able to assist us with what we need after we've found whatever treasure he seeks. Or that... he hasn't been swindling us this entire time." Jack was a pirate after all, and Hook knew better than anyone how such men liked to scam people.

"Lovely sentiment," Hook responded to Star first, rather flat-faced when he would speak. Her idea was so sweet that he almost wanted to gag. But, in truth, he was probably just jealous that the person who Star liked actually had returned her feelings. Emma's response, however, he wholeheartedly agreed with. "Well put, love. The sooner we leave this place, the better."

Killian would pause for a moment before deciding to answer his own question. "There is no treasure greater to me than my ship. She's the only treasure I need, my one and only love," he said, pausing before he would add, "But, since she won't be found here I'd settle for some, oh, rum perhaps. Nothing like a good swig of rum to warm the belly."

Not that he hadn't been drinking enough rum for the past couple days while they had been aboard Jack's ship. It was just the best thing he could come up with at the moment. Well, the best thing he could come up with... that he felt like saying. Emma herself was also another treasure in his eyes. The fact that he had only mentioned his ship being his greatest treasure was easily another lie. He wouldn't care if Emma called him on it though. It was exhausting to always watch what he said around her. And besides that, maybe it was good to keep her questioning him every now and again.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi
Jack stopped mere inches away from the rope and turned to face Violet. "Wassat? You're shoutin' so hard I could barely hear you!"

"She said don't step on the rope." Songbird replied as she walked up to pull Jack further away from the rope.

"Wait last time? You've been here before?" America asked surprised. "What kind of treasure is this?"

If Jack heard her he didn't seem to show it and just continued with his own thing. "We're not to far off now mates! According to my calculations we just have a little left to go. Oh also watch your step. Don't know what buggers might surprise you."

"Right," Emma remarked with obvious disbelief and sarcasm at Killian's clearly roundabout response. Oh yeah, he was avoiding directly answering because he knew she spoke the truth. "Well, whether he follows through or not, I'm pretty sure we'll find what we need. Even if it's without him. Seems like those shadow things have similar goals. If we find those..." Well, the rest was obvious. "Besides. Even if we don't, we'll just make him help us." Because like hell was she letting some pirate get in the way of her return to Henry. She hadn't before, and wouldn't now, either.

"Sweet of you, kid," she mused to Star upon the girl's statement, not saying anything more on the matter. It was nice of Star to want to do such a thing, but the woman just struggled on the topic of love. And she didn't want to say something downer-ish that might hurt Star. All she could do was hope that the kid's love life went better than her own. That she didn't get her heart broken.

Killian's claim brought a pause, the blonde momentarily tilting her head. "...You're lying," she stated flatly. "What else do you love? ...More inanimate objects?" she asked, only to follow up with the less serious question upon realizing she sounded too curious. She didn't want to seem like she was interested. That was the worst thing she could do, with the odd things she felt around him. "I could go for a drink, too."

Doubting that was happening any time soon, Emma continued onward, carefully watching for any sort of signs of traps.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Right," Emma remarked with obvious disbelief and sarcasm at Killian's clearly roundabout response. Oh yeah, he was avoiding directly answering because he knew she spoke the truth. "Well, whether he follows through or not, I'm pretty sure we'll find what we need. Even if it's without him. Seems like those shadow things have similar goals. If we find those..." Well, the rest was obvious. "Besides. Even if we don't, we'll just make him help us." Because like hell was she letting some pirate get in the way of her return to Henry. She hadn't before, and wouldn't now, either.

"Sweet of you, kid," she mused to Star upon the girl's statement, not saying anything more on the matter. It was nice of Star to want to do such a thing, but the woman just struggled on the topic of love. And she didn't want to say something downer-ish that might hurt Star. All she could do was hope that the kid's love life went better than her own. That she didn't get her heart broken.

Killian's claim brought a pause, the blonde momentarily tilting her head. "...You're lying," she stated flatly. "What else do you love? ...More inanimate objects?" she asked, only to follow up with the less serious question upon realizing she sounded too curious. She didn't want to seem like she was interested. That was the worst thing she could do, with the odd things she felt around him. "I could go for a drink, too."

Doubting that was happening any time soon, Emma continued onward, carefully watching for any sort of signs of traps.

The trek continued onward and the group soon heard the falling of a water when they found themselves at a little lake and a waterfall.

"And here we are."
Jack replied making his way towards the base of the waterfall and casually strolled inside and vanished. A few seconds later he'd poke his head out again to address the group. "Well come on then!"

Songbird used her powers to block the water from waterfall from falling down on the group as they stepped into a cave. As they all came in Songbird let the water start coming down again. They soon realized though that they didn't see Jack anywhere until they heard a shout coming from further into the cave.

Fearing that something had happened America made her way towards the sound only to find Jack jumping for joy in front crates filled with. "Rum..."

The treasure it appears was nothing more than a secret stash of rum that Jack wanted to get his hands on. "So this is why you forced us to help you...so that you could get some rum?"

"Just some rum? My dear this is the finest rum you can get your hands on in the Caribbean! I just stashed it here for a rainy day!"

America was very tempted to drop this entire cave system down on the rum, but for everyones sake she relented. "Sigh...so we got you your treasure. Now you'll help us find a heart of light, right?"

"Of course!"
Jack assured her, though anyone could be hard pressed to believe him. "Well...I mean after we get the rum back on the ship. Come on, there's more than enough crates to go around!"

"I guess we really don't have a choice in this huh?" Songbird replied with a sigh.​

Megara and Hercules

Hercules was a little mad about the whole predicament. He had gone out of this way and stayed on boat for rum. He was really starting to doubt that this man had any knowledge of the hearts of lights. He however begrudgingly picked up as much as he could carry.

Megara had earlier rolled her eyes and looked at Jack Sparrow. " We came all the way here for Rum. That's the treasure? Not much of a treasure to me, " she said.

tumblr_inline_ob29wj775d1tse695_100.png

Killian chuckled when Emma would make her statement, suggesting their group would need to use force to get Jack's cooperation if he was swindling them. The tough, fighting spirit Swan carried never ceased to amuse him, especially when she would use it to display pirate-like behavior. Damn was it attractive. "I really do like the way you think," he replied, sounding impressed. Not that he wasn't always impressed by the things she had to say. "I almost hope it comes down to that. I'd love to give that pirate a piece of my mind... and possibly my sword as well." But no, of course Killian wouldn't do such a thing right now. So long as Jack worked with them, he didn't intend on lashing out at the man.

Then, Emma called him out on lying. Of course she did. Killian had a feeling she would do just that. He thought he would be prepared to give her a good, possibly flirty or witty, response, but when she questioned him about what else he may have loved, his mind went blank. Suddenly, he felt like a teenager again, the same boy he had been before learning how to charm a woman. Quite the conundrum Emma had put him in. His right palm was even sweating. The expression on his face, however, remained somewhat neutral, masking any internal nerves.

Eventually, he side-glanced to Emma, a flicker of a smile showing on his lips. "She's not an object, and I wouldn't say it's love," not yet, at least, "but she is a precious treasure who I do indeed care for. Need I say more?" He glanced down to the ground as he continued to walk. "You're a sharp lass; I'm sure you know what I mean." Killian left his statement at that, as if returning the favor to Emma when she had dropped the subject on his earlier jealousy involving the other captain. It made things better for himself anyhow since this situation was making him feel uncharacteristically... awkward.

"Well what do you know," Killian chimed in after a moment, releasing a joyful chuckle when their group would come across Jack's treasure, which had turned out to be rum after all. "Our wishes for a drink may come true yet, Swan," he added, moving to examine one of the crates of rum, glancing to America when she would seem annoyed. "Problem? Rum is a high class treasure, m'lady. I've no qualms with such a find. You should appreciate it more," he said, rather cheerfully.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @others : 3​

Killian chuckled when Emma would make her statement, suggesting their group would need to use force to get Jack's cooperation if he was swindling them. The tough, fighting spirit Swan carried never ceased to amuse him, especially when she would use it to display pirate-like behavior. Damn was it attractive. "I really do like the way you think," he replied, sounding impressed. Not that he wasn't always impressed by the things she had to say. "I almost hope it comes down to that. I'd love to give that pirate a piece of my mind... and possibly my sword as well." But no, of course Killian wouldn't do such a thing right now. So long as Jack worked with them, he didn't intend on lashing out at the man.

Then, Emma called him out on lying. Of course she did. Killian had a feeling she would do just that. He thought he would be prepared to give her a good, possibly flirty or witty, response, but when she questioned him about what else he may have loved, his mind went blank. Suddenly, he felt like a teenager again, the same boy he had been before learning how to charm a woman. Quite the conundrum Emma had put him in. His right palm was even sweating. The expression on his face, however, remained somewhat neutral, masking any internal nerves.

Eventually, he side-glanced to Emma, a flicker of a smile showing on his lips. "She's not an object, and I wouldn't say it's love," not yet, at least, "but she is a precious treasure who I do indeed care for. Need I say more?" He glanced down to the ground as he continued to walk. "You're a sharp lass; I'm sure you know what I mean." Killian left his statement at that, as if returning the favor to Emma when she had dropped the subject on his earlier jealousy involving the other captain. It made things better for himself anyhow since this situation was making him feel uncharacteristically... awkward.

"Well what do you know," Killian chimed in after a moment, releasing a joyful chuckle when their group would come across Jack's treasure, which had turned out to be rum after all. "Our wishes for a drink may come true yet, Swan," he added, moving to examine one of the crates of rum, glancing to America when she would seem annoyed. "Problem? Rum is a high class treasure, m'lady. I've no qualms with such a find. You should appreciate it more," he said, rather cheerfully.

Well would ya lookie here! More drinks that Star doesn't know about because of her sheltered upbringing and such. Not wanting to sound like a complete ditz, Star discreetly turned to Emma and began to tug on her sleeve like a little girl asking her dad for a toy.

FhVEw.jpg

"Pssst, Emma. What's rum?" Star whispered over to Emma as quietly as possible.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Pocahontas glanced over to Herbert before frowning. Staying out of the fiasco with Star due to the others intervening, she walked over to the bear instead.

"That looks like a face of mischief." she said.

@Jeremi @Crow @Josh M @others

Flash watched Billy fly off, seeming lost in his head as he watch the boy pass by. Turning to the young couple

"You know, this whole situation is bring back fond
memories of one of my exes, Felicia. She always knew what button to push on me."

Turning to Marco, Flash just stared before speaking.

"Also, we all know she's faking right? I mean, come on."

"I mean, Steven Colbert has been warning us about bears for years. Bears can be sketchy"

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @whoever

Mom problems? America was not surprised at all about that.​

Like me and Billy huh? Oh please Venom, you're not fooling anyone.. "Aren't you like 30 or something?"

"Look, it's not just you or her tangled up in this mess. It's all of us." America replied to Marco. "Maybe one day that one mistake will cost us all dearly." With that she walked away towards Jack to try and see if she could get anything out of him.

The Fool's Errand sailed the seas for two days and two nights with out much mishap. For food they had salted meats and lemons. Evidently Jack hadn't planned on a long journey considering the food stocks, but the group survived all the same. Songbird in particular was weary on the course but Jack assured her and the rest of his new crew that his compass was leading them to the right place.

And so in the morning they could hear America shouting from the deck. "Land ho!"

90f02ba9d6fdd875887965991206c239.jpg

Sure enough an island had come to view and the Fool's Errant made its way towards shore. The water was deep enough for the galleon to reach the shore and with a help of a rope ladder the group got down into the water and unto the shore. "See? What did I tell ya?" Jack replied with a smug look on his face. He seemed awfully pleased about proving them wrong.

"Here's the island! With the treasure! I thank you all for the service and the joyful bountifulness that you shall all feel when said treasure is in our grasp!"

America was not impressed, they were here only for him to lead them to the heart of light and nothing more. "Okay, okay. So what's our course, Captain?"

Jack took out his compass again that pointed them straight into the jungle. "That way! Obviously I'm taking point so you can all follow a bit after...savvy?" With that Jack swaggered towards the jungle with hopefully the rest of the group following.

Songbird looked the group. "What's the worst thing that could happen really?" She replied trying to slightly cheer them up.

The trek continued onward and the group soon heard the falling of a water when they found themselves at a little lake and a waterfall.

"And here we are."
Jack replied making his way towards the base of the waterfall and casually strolled inside and vanished. A few seconds later he'd poke his head out again to address the group. "Well come on then!"

Songbird used her powers to block the water from waterfall from falling down on the group as they stepped into a cave. As they all came in Songbird let the water start coming down again. They soon realized though that they didn't see Jack anywhere until they heard a shout coming from further into the cave.

Fearing that something had happened America made her way towards the sound only to find Jack jumping for joy in front crates filled with. "Rum..."

The treasure it appears was nothing more than a secret stash of rum that Jack wanted to get his hands on. "So this is why you forced us to help you...so that you could get some rum?"

"Just some rum? My dear this is the finest rum you can get your hands on in the Caribbean! I just stashed it here for a rainy day!"

America was very tempted to drop this entire cave system down on the rum, but for everyones sake she relented. "Sigh...so we got you your treasure. Now you'll help us find a heart of light, right?"

"Of course!"
Jack assured her, though anyone could be hard pressed to believe him. "Well...I mean after we get the rum back on the ship. Come on, there's more than enough crates to go around!"

"I guess we really don't have a choice in this huh?" Songbird replied with a sigh.​

Well would ya lookie here! More drinks that Star doesn't know about because of her sheltered upbringing and such. Not wanting to sound like a complete ditz, Star discreetly turned to Emma and began to tug on her sleeve like a little girl asking her dad for a toy.

FhVEw.jpg

"As much as I like the sun here, I miss that loudmouth Globcopper already," Herbert sighs as he proceeds to continuously lift the crates to and from the Fool's Errand. "I find it extremely hard to believe that this 'Rum' has more value than the Golden Puffle, especially when there's so many of it. How can something so plentiful be valuable?"

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @etcetcetc​

"As much as I like the sun here, I miss that loudmouth Globcopper already," Herbert sighs as he proceeds to continuously lift the crates to and from the Fool's Errand. "I find it extremely hard to believe that this 'Rum' has more value than the Golden Puffle, especially when there's so many of it. How can something so plentiful be valuable?"

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @etcetcetc​
tumblr_inline_ob29wkCqrq1tse695_100.png

While he wouldn't hear Star's statement that had been whispered at Emma, Hook did hear what Herbert had to say about the rum. "You'd be surprised, mate. Some brands of rum can fetch a high price on the market. Still, you may be right that this rum isn't quite as valuable. Doesn't mean it's worthless though. Drinking rum chaises all a man's problems away," he stated, licking the inside of his lips afterwards. "Only problem it can't fix is how you feel the morning after," he said with a laugh.

@Crow @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

Reactions: Crow

"And here we are."

"Of course!"

FhVEw.jpg

Killian's simple statement that he liked the way she thought earned a smug grin from Emma, who merely shrugged in response. "What can I say? I'm not leaving here until we get what we need. I'm not leaving my son motherless... Not again," she stated, expression growing more serious as she spoke. But she tried to shake it off, just silently hoping that her little boy was still okay. Because there was no good that worrying would do her, here. So instead, she set to responding to their more light-hearted conversation.

"Fair enough," she mused, though she knew what she picked up from the man. Whoever it was that he liked? Well, he more than liked them. Briefly, she couldn't help but wonder, from the way Killian described that he cared deeply for the person and treasured them. Perhaps it was a more platonic love. Maybe a fatherly one for Star? He had been acting kind to her, after all. Yeah. That must have been it. Emma didn't really fancy the idea of it being anything else, for anyone else, for whatever reason. "...Yeah. Sure I do," she replied almost distantly when he stated she would know what he meant, though she wasn't really into it. Her mind was jumbled right now with conflicting thoughts, and--

"...You have got to be kidding me," she mumbled under her breath at the revelation of the treasure, looking more than a little, well, unamused. "Listen. I love alcohol as much as the next woman- probably more, as of recent -but is this really what you pulled us out here for?" she asked, before really looking at Jack Sparrow. Oh. Right. "...Actually, don't answer that," she mumbled. "Let's just get this out of here." Reluctantly, she began moving as much of the rum as possible, giving no pause(save for to glance for traps). She was definitely going to make sure she got her own share of drinks, too. Although, first? Well, Star's careful whisper caught her attention, making her give pause momentarily to look at the child with astonishment. "...Uh, more charmed drinks, kid. Don't worry about it," she offered, smiling down at the girl who had tugged on her sleeve. "Just please don't drink any, okay? Soon as we're off this crazy island and find a city, you and me are gonna grab some soda. On me," the woman offered, gently nudging Star in a friendly and affectionate gesture with a sincere smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.