Murder Game XVII: The Infinity Parable

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My attire is perfectly suitable, you're only jealous." Herc crossed his arms, sticking his tongue at Marco. "And I would love a room and one good hour but I have learned that flirting with married women would often lead to trouble." He chuckled, a few memories coming to mind. "Though not as much trouble as flirting with the queen of the Amazons." He heard Hiro stating that he had graduated at 14 which he found quiet impressive. "Quiet the feat, young man. I could never handle education. I beat my personal teacher to death when I was a little younger than you. That was quiet some time ago though."
--------------------

"Drunk is something little children like you should stay away from." Cho replied to star, his eyes still scanning around the area, "As for me, being drunk is bad. Almost as bad as being angry. So you should try and stay on my good side. I'm still getting used to my new inner beast." He saw the kiss unfold, reacting to it as if he had known it would happen. "It doesn't take the seventh smartest person in the world to know it was going to happen." He shrugged, having no further input to that.

@Dining Hall @Library @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Whoeverelse

Library

"Is it really flirting when you're just admiring the male form?"
Fox asked the group with a no doubt rhetorical question. "Besides, I'm perfectly happy with my Xanatos to even consider looking elsewhere for some fun."

"Perhaps it is not that anything is wrong with Angela, but that America's powers have done something right. If her portals have been bringing us close to other Hearts of Light, then perhaps we can find them and protect them from Thanos.

"However, we may be in a race to see who cam gather seven lights and summon Kingdom Hearts first. The Hearts of Light must be separate to the Princesses of Heart I know of. It's possible that there are more than seven Hearts of Light, and whoever gains seven first earns the power of Kingdom Hearts."

@Lab @Jeremi @Crow @others​

Lab

Xehanort did say something special there. How was it that they had ended up here of all the worlds? "Maybe Thanos and his group are just spread out so far that we ended up here fighting the shadows out of pure accident? It's not that I decided that we were going to head here." For America it was concerning. Before all of this happened she had the power to decide when and where she could jump.

Goliath meanwhile had a concerned look on his face. He had lied to Xanatos about the nature of their visit, but it seemed that the talk of Kingdom Hearts didn't seem to attract his attention as Xanatos just continued to shift through the data.

"So this is basically a race?" Angela asked. "What are you going to do with me then?"

"We'll work it out once we get more information. We're not going to have you do anything that you don't want to do." America assured Angela.​

"What this guy said," Herbert points to Xehanort while speaking to Goliath. "If we're looking for a Heart of Light, we can't be looking for something wrong. The queen of those oversized mutant ants is looking for something right to put in his anthill's trophy room. I'm going to start guessing that this 'Heart of Light' business has something to do with the intangible essence of being a goody two-shoes, take or give some aspects, however that works."

wGGjE0w.png

"All this talk is pretty confusing. What is Kingdom Hearts, and what does it do?" Herbert asks Xehanort. "Grant wishes? Rule the world? Make Club Penguin warm? Power a lifetime's supply of gadgets? There has to be a reason why it's so threatening if Thanos gets it, or why we need to have it first."

@Lab @Jeremi @York @Mason Moretti @Crow

"Hurm, this entire situation is vexing." Goliath and his clan were only casualties in all of this, but if Angela was important to this groups survival he wasn't really sure what path they had to take.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

I'm going to start guessing that this 'Heart of Light' business has something to do with the intangible essence of being a goody two-shoes, take or give some aspects, however that works."

"You're not exactly wrong. Darkness is born from anger, hate, and malevolence. A Heart of Light is free from darkness. Therefore, a Heart of Light has no hate and would be a 'goody two-shoes,' as you put it."

"All this talk is pretty confusing. What is Kingdom Hearts, and what does it do?" Herbert asks Xehanort. "Grant wishes? Rule the world? Make Club Penguin warm? Power a lifetime's supply of gadgets? There has to be a reason why it's so threatening if Thanos gets it, or why we need to have it first."

"All of that and more. Kingdom Hearts has the power to create and destroy entire world's. You, Herbert, might use it to rid yourself of a few flightless birds. Thanos will use it to either conquer or destroy all worlds."
Lab

Xehanort did say something special there. How was it that they had ended up here of all the worlds? "Maybe Thanos and his group are just spread out so far that we ended up here fighting the shadows out of pure accident? It's not that I decided that we were going to head here." For America it was concerning. Before all of this happened she had the power to decide when and where she could jump.

Goliath meanwhile had a concerned look on his face. He had lied to Xanatos about the nature of their visit, but it seemed that the talk of Kingdom Hearts didn't seem to attract his attention as Xanatos just continued to shift through the data.

"So this is basically a race?" Angela asked. "What are you going to do with me then?"

"We'll work it out once we get more information. We're not going to have you do anything that you don't want to do." America assured Angela.​

"Hurm, this entire situation is vexing." Goliath and his clan were only casualties in all of this, but if Angela was important to this groups survival he wasn't really sure what path they had to take.​

"Fate does have an amusing way of drawing people to their proper places, even if by chance. For NOW, our focus should be protecting any Hearts of Light we find. If Angela is one, then hold three. Yet Thanos has at least one already."

@Lab @Jeremi @Crow @York

Hook-Emma-3x21-22-3-captain-hook-and-emma-swan-37072976-100-100.jpg

In all honesty, this kiss was far from going as expected. She could feel her heart racing as it never had before, and she found herself unable to think. Or, well, perhaps that wasn't entirely accurate. No, she could think perfectly clearly, even as she kissed him and he roughly returned it with an intensity that made her melt with pleasure and contentedness, bringing out a roughness in her as she reciprocated it that she hadn't been aware she had. It was just that her thoughts were limited to one, single thing: Killian Jones. He had invaded her mind, poisoned her body with his touch, addicted her with but one kiss.

And for some reason? She couldn't even bring herself to care. All she could do was kiss him.

The fire between their lips burned brighter than ever, coursing through her veins through the entirety of her body. Even just the gentle, careful tough of his good hand to her face caused her skin to prickle, sparks shooting through her at the touch. She hadn't really taken notice of it, but she, herself, had gently wrapped her arms around him, cradling the back of his head in attempt to get closer. To feel his touch more than she already did, because even now, kissing him so heatedly, being kissed with equal passion... It felt like it wasn't enough. Like she needed more. Like this was just the right thing to do, the right place to be, and-

And she was human. She needed air. More than that, she needed a clear head and to avoid giving into such things. No, she didn't... She didn't know if she could trust him. She couldn't feel this way, or let her barriers down. Not even when it felt this good- this right. Perhaps especially not then. So, as begrudging as she was for it to happen, she drew back, breathless and panting faintly. Killian's words summed up how she felt pretty well, but...

tumblr_inline_oa801jzfUQ1tab5zj_100.png

"...A one time thing," Emma murmured in response through her tolled breaths, holding his gaze for a little longer. She didn't want to break it- and that went for more than eye contact. She didn't want to break the kiss, or to break away from his body. But she was aware that those feelings of reluctance were exactly why she needed to do just those things. So she averted her gaze, taking another step back and shaking her head. "See? Why would I have been afraid of that?" she muttered, seemingly nonchalantly, placing her hands in her pocket. But in reality? Her heart was still racing. She wanted to feel his lips on her again. For a few moments, she still didn't really notice Star's fangirling or Amadeus's comment about how obvious it was that the kiss would come to pass. She was just stuck, mind still trying to catch up.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Dining hall​
It was safe to say that Mr. Lover Boy Pirate was feeling pretty good after their kiss. His spine tingled from the lingering sensation of pleasure he felt, and his body felt lighter than a cloud. He returned his gaze to Emma, unable to contain himself from giving her a longing, gentle look. Sure, he had liked the blonde before, but now he liked her far more. She wasn't just like any of the girls he had fooled around with in the past. There was something special about Emma and he was well aware that he couldn't look at her as he did past encounters. She wasn't a prize at the end of a game anymore. Emma had more meaning to her than that.

And if Killian had the opportunity, he would've stolen a second kiss. Whatever had just awakened in him made the pirate highly crave more. He wanted to hold her longer and relive the brief flicker of passion. Why did such a perfect moment have to be so short?

He also couldn't help but wonder what was going through Emma's head. Had she felt what he felt when they were so close? He liked to think there had been a spark between them, one that couldn't very easily be ignored.

Nevertheless, Emma was quick to bring him back to reality by saying that it was just...

...a one time thing.

After a few more moments of labored breathing, Killian still couldn't manage a proper reply with his thoughts as jumbled as they were.

"Phew," he whispered, letting out a deep exhail. He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and shook his head afterwards. "Only... a one time thing?" he mumbled, sounding disappointed, and appearing a bit worried. He was indeed worried, afraid her words were true. With all his heart he didn't want them to be.

"I stand corrected; you're as brave as... you are good at kissing," he said softly, touching his lips once more. His tone of voice was still gentle, welled full of emotion.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @whoever else​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Karate? Well..."

Hiro took pause for a brief moment when Marco mentioned it seemingly out of the blue, almost comically off point trying to compare such a feat to college graduation, but it did get the young boy thinking. His greatest strength was always his intelligence, but it wasn't like he was totally unfamiliar with the concept of action.

Hiro thought back to his late brother, Tadashi, and how the two used to spar back in the day. It was a lot of fun, to be taught all those cool moves in karate by Tadashi... but then, it was fun just to be with Tadashi at all.

latest

Some part of him regretted never taking his training further, instead coming to opt to spend his free time building nanobots to participate in illegal bot fights, but Hiro wondered if "a hero needs to know how to defend himself" was just an excuse he manufactured to regret it, or if he just missed his brother and wished he didn't have to go. Maybe it was this, maybe it was that, but it didn't change that there would always be a void that would never be filled.

But that's okay. Hiro learned that sometimes, pain was important to keep. Maybe he didn't know the best moves in karate, but he didn't need those to be strong. He knew how to be strong with his heart.

tumblr_inline_nfy2aiS6mg1s0kmzl.png

"I... know a few moves here and there, the code. But I guess you have me beat there," Hiro said, his face suddenly filling with a more relaxed smile.

And then the woman kept on flirting with Hercules right in front of them.

"Oh, get a room, you two!"

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Library
Marco was honestly a bit surprised when Hiro admitted that Marco had him beat in the karate side of things instead of arguing with him or flat out insulting him or seeing such an arbitrary thing as an accomplishment. However, it was a still a pleasant surprise, and even a welcomed one at that.

tumblr_inline_nklwkaM8iN1tohgab.png

"Yeah, but I mean if wasn't like it was easy." Marco said, easing up a bit as well. And he wasn't lying either. Marco had to go through about a days worth of tracking down the VHS tape to get his Red Belt, as his own Sensei only had the green one. Then there was that weird guy that Marco had to fight and it was just... not a pleasant experience.

"So..." Marco started as he attempted to shift the topic at hand away from his Red Belt. "You graduated college at fourteen? I didn't even know you could take college classes yet. Unless you went to one of those expensive boarding schools or whatever." Marco said before taking a seat in a nearby empty chair. Marco was, believe it or not, a straight A student as well. I mean he obviously wasn't nearly as smart as Hiro was (the poor kid can't even do long division.)

When Hiro commented on Fox openly flirting with Hercules in front of them, Marco just opted to stay silent during that little exchange. Sure, he didn't exactly find it appealing either, but Marco had no room to talk, being guilty of doing so himself back when he dated Jackie. He still regretted kissing her and stuff in front of Star. I mean yeah, the pair were best friends and she definitely understood why he did it, but Marco still couldn't help but feel like she felt like the third wheel when he did so.

@Verite @Jeremi @LibraryCrew​

tumblr_inline_nc2hgfDN0f1skpqy8.png

"You make a friend, Hiro?"

Go Go suddenly interjected, leaning against one of the bookshelves in the library. Watching Hiro and Marco had been something like watching a kid brother get in a silly argument with another kid before becoming friends. It was kind of funny to see them arguing so normally and about such mundane things, aside from perhaps Hiro's ridiculous rate of progressing through education, after everything that had just happened.

Besides, it was better than paying attention to Eye-Candycules and his consumer.

@Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Library​

tumblr_inline_n8rbvkbaaG1sjw053.png

"... Thanks. I think," Hiro said in response to Hercules, rather visibly disturbed at the casual statement the bigger man said at beating his teacher to death. Man, he really was a nutjob. Or a Greek god. Those two terms seemed to really go hand in hand, remembering back to what he had learned of Greek mythology in school.

"Oh! Go Go, when'd you show up?" Hiro inquired when the young woman spoke, somewhat surprised at her appearance, before sheepishly scratching the back of his head, feeling as though she were teasing him a bit, and he wouldn't put it past her, "Y-Yeah, I guess so? I suppose this is the first time since... Well, since we first showed up in this crazy mess that we were able to sit down and take a breather, huh?"

Speaking of which.

tumblr_inline_ntv7myisUj1txuobi_100.jpg

"Well, ah, that's a story in of itself, but yeah, Go Go can verify, I suppose. We tinker all about with whatever we come across in the lab. Nanotech's always moving forward and evolving, and we need to keep up after all! Or is that not a thing where you're from? I'm still tryin' to get used to this different worlds concept and all that jazz."

Once again, theoreticals were never his strong suit.

@Kaykay @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

"You're not exactly wrong. Darkness is born from anger, hate, and malevolence. A Heart of Light is free from darkness. Therefore, a Heart of Light has no hate and would be a 'goody two-shoes,' as you put it."

"All of that and more. Kingdom Hearts has the power to create and destroy entire world's. You, Herbert, might use it to rid yourself of a few flightless birds. Thanos will use it to either conquer or destroy all worlds."

"Fate does have an amusing way of drawing people to their proper places, even if by chance. For NOW, our focus should be protecting any Hearts of Light we find. If Angela is one, then hold three. Yet Thanos has at least one already."

@Lab @Jeremi @Crow @York

Lab

"Three to one are odds I can get behind." America replied with a smirk.

Xanatos meanwhile had finally gone through all the relevant data. He didn't bother to try and get anyone's attention. They'd listen anyway. "All I can gather is that you, Angela, are a perfectly healthy gargoyle for your height, weight and age. If there is something supernatural ailing you then I could not find anything."

"Oh...thank you." Angela was relieved at the news, but at the same time concerned. Had she been wrong? Or was this heart of light thing just something that could not be revealed by a piece of lab equipment.

"So us coming here was a waste of time. I apologize to making you work for no results, Xanatos."

"No need." Xanatos assured Goliath. "You were right in bringing her. Now at least we have either eliminated the possibility of an illness."

"But also left us back at square one." America groaned.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

"My attire is perfectly suitable, you're only jealous." Herc crossed his arms, sticking his tongue at Marco. "And I would love a room and one good hour but I have learned that flirting with married women would often lead to trouble." He chuckled, a few memories coming to mind. "Though not as much trouble as flirting with the queen of the Amazons." He heard Hiro stating that he had graduated at 14 which he found quiet impressive. "Quiet the feat, young man. I could never handle education. I beat my personal teacher to death when I was a little younger than you. That was quiet some time ago though."
--------------------

"Drunk is something little children like you should stay away from." Cho replied to star, his eyes still scanning around the area, "As for me, being drunk is bad. Almost as bad as being angry. So you should try and stay on my good side. I'm still getting used to my new inner beast." He saw the kiss unfold, reacting to it as if he had known it would happen. "It doesn't take the seventh smartest person in the world to know it was going to happen." He shrugged, having no further input to that.

@Dining Hall @Library @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Whoeverelse
1FaG6.jpg

"Jealous? Uhh, not really dude. I'm actually perfectly fine with my red hoodie and jeans." Marco said to Hercules before he turned back to Hiro and Baymax, only to notice that a new girl had joined them out of seemingly nowhere. "Oh hey. I'm Marco." Marco said to Go Go as he flicked her a wave.

After Hiro explained his Nanotech business to Marco, the safe kid just shook his head to signify that those weren't a thing where he was from (at least not in Echo Creek.) "Yeah, we don't have that stuff back in my dimension. But I don't think it'd be too much different from what I'm used to. You see some weird things when you live with an interdimensional Princess for over a year." Marco said before chuckling at the thought of Star and the trouble they would get in almost everyday because of her antics.

@Verite @Kaykay @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @library

Meanwhile, Star didn't exactly hear Emma say that this was a one time thing (or she just didn't care.) So while Emma and Killian were talking, Star pulled out her wand yet again and smiled at the pair.

G2Fla.jpg

"I made couples t-shirts!" She announced before making two t-shirts appear with her wand. The t-shirts in question had crudely drawn pictures of Killian and Emma's faces inside a giant pink heart at that took up most of said shirt.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dininghall​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
1FaG6.jpg

"Jealous? Uhh, not really dude. I'm actually perfectly fine with my red hoodie and jeans." Marco said to Hercules before he turned back to Hiro and Baymax, only to notice that a new girl had joined them out of seemingly nowhere. "Oh hey. I'm Marco." Marco said to Go Go as he flicked her a wave.

After Hiro explained his Nanotech business to Marco, the safe kid just shook his head to signify that those weren't a thing where he was from (at least not in Echo Creek.) "Yeah, we don't have that stuff back in my dimension. But I don't think it'd be too much different from what I'm used to. You see some weird things when you live with an interdimensional Princess for over a year." Marco said before chuckling at the thought of Star and the trouble they would get in almost everyday because of her antics.

Meanwhile, Star didn't exactly hear Emma say that this was a one time thing (or she just didn't care.) So while Emma and Killian were talking, Star pulled out her wand yet again and smiled at the pair.

G2Fla.jpg

"I made couples t-shirts!" She announced before making two t-shirts appear with her wand. The t-shirts in question had crudely drawn pictures of Killian and Emma's faces inside a giant pink heart at that took up most of said shirt.

hook-93_zpsde11f83c.png

As he slowly descended further back into reality, Hook side-glanced toward Star, noticing the shirts she would make appear. "You made a couples... what exactly?" he questioned before noticing the shirts Star had. The man let out a sigh, shaking his head slightly. "Did you not hear what Swan said? We're not--" He cut himself off, honestly unable to shatter Star's hopes just as Emma had done to him only a moment ago. Of course, he wouldn't give up his hope so easily, but that didn't mean Star would do the same. "You tell her, Swan," Killian suddenly added, deciding that since Emma was the one being evasive that she could be the one to tell Star the bad news.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
Lab

Seeing that they were done with the investigation Xanatos decided to give the people gathered in the lab a suggestion. "Well now that we have taken care of business, there is still food left in the dining hall for those who wish to partake. Perhaps some food will help us solve this conundrum."

Herbert notices that he wasn't the only one who went to the laboratory.

MUwLs2o.jpg

"So, are you a superhero or something?" Herbert asks the young girl that closely resembled a superhero(because she was). "Almost couldn't tell without a cape. Or scarf."

@York @Mason Moretti @Crow @Jeremi @Laboratory​
Dining hall

"I don't know, how important is a CEO of his own multi billion company usually?" Owen responded to Tommy's inquiry.

And for all of the wine talk well. "Since I knew there was children among you. I took the liberty of bringing up some none-alcoholic wine from the cellar. Or perhaps I need to start asking for your card." He deadpanned.​

Library

"It is one of his more famous work certainly. I especially enjoy the final fourth book in the saga." The women responded before lowering the book to give all three a good look over.

"Xanatos said that we were going to have company, but I didn't expect children." She aimed that last part mainly towards Marco and Billy. Hercules just...got another look over before she continued. "Isn't it way past your bed time already?"

Lab

"Think of it as a X-ray, but more in depth."
Was his response to Herbert. "If there is something out of the ordinary we will find it."

"Thank you, Xanatos." Goliath managed to say. They had been enemies for so long, it was even now hard to trust.

"Think nothing of it, I'm actually interested about this as well. You said shadows attacked you?"

"Demons of the likes I have never seen before."

"They're bad news, that's pretty much everything you have to know about them."

"Duly noted."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @Shizuochan @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite
Dining hall

"If anyone decides to jump on it suggest you all sign a waiver indicating that Xanatos Industries will not be held responsible for accidentally falling off the building." Came Owen's reply to Star as he corrected his glasses.​

Library

"Oh he doesn't have to put any clothes on for my sake."
Fox replied with a bemused smirk on her face. "Some eye candy is always nice, even in married life."

Lab

Meanwhile in the lab Xanatos seemed to have been done with looking over Angela allowing her to get up from the slab as a huge screen came to life filled with different data. "Since I don't know what I'm looking for I have to properly shift through the data. A quick glance however indicates nothing out of the ordinary."

That was concerning to say the least. Was it just not possible to figure out who these lights were? "Well keep us posted."

Angela meanwhile went up to Goliath. "I'm sorry we had to go through all of this because of me."

Goliath was rather surprised to hear this. "Nonsense, if these shadows are after you then we have to know what is wrong."

"I guess..."

Library

"Is it really flirting when you're just admiring the male form?"
Fox asked the group with a no doubt rhetorical question. "Besides, I'm perfectly happy with my Xanatos to even consider looking elsewhere for some fun."

Lab

Lab

Seeing that they were done with the investigation Xanatos decided to give the people gathered in the lab a suggestion. "Well now that we have taken care of business, there is still food left in the dining hall for those who wish to partake. Perhaps some food will help us solve this conundrum."

Violet Parr
@Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Crow
@Lab

A talking polar bear?! Well, granted that was hardly the weirdest thing she'd seen today, the prospect threw her off a little, but she went with the flow... Deciding to answer his question in the most direct way possible.

xXUQOtG.png

"Something like that. We just... Don't do capes anymore." She said, sheepishly.

Well, it was a little more in depth than that, but she figured she'd keep the conversation brief, as she was more focused on what Xanatos was doing... Which was scanning Angela for signs of this "heart of light" that she supposedly had, but evidently there was little progress to be made, as Xanatos didn't have the neccessary information to identify anything yet.

Hmm, but thinking about this she wondered if the heart of light thing was going to be detected by even something like Xanatos's machine... Considering that they knew nothing about what it meant to be a "heart of light", let alone what sort of properties (other than an apparent interest from those shadow creatures) such a thing might give someone.

At the mention of food though, even if it was from Xanatos, Violet's stomach quietly growled, and she covered her mouth with both of her hands in embarassment. As much as she wanted to continue working this out, she did realize that some food would probably help, since she'd be able to concentrate better on a full stomach. Thus, Violet prepared to head off to the dining hall, but not without casting a somewhat cautious glance towards Xanatos.​

1FaG6.jpg

G2Fla.jpg

"Hah and you couldn't even rock this if you tried." Herc smirked, hands akimbo on his hips as his almost bare torso was on display for all to see. "There's a reason why my strength is legendary. And it's not because I am a demigod. Nay, it is because of my chiseled body." His eyebrow raised at the mention of nanotech. "I have not made use of this nanotech. Surely Amadeus, my close friend and companion, is much more knowledgeable in that field. He surpasses me in intelligence and may surpass me in strength if his mastery over his body improves." He rubbed his beard as he referred to his smaller young companion.

@LIBRARY @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Verite

@Lab @Jeremi @Crow @York

Lab

"Three to one are odds I can get behind." America replied with a smirk.

Xanatos meanwhile had finally gone through all the relevant data. He didn't bother to try and get anyone's attention. They'd listen anyway. "All I can gather is that you, Angela, are a perfectly healthy gargoyle for your height, weight and age. If there is something supernatural ailing you then I could not find anything."

"Oh...thank you." Angela was relieved at the news, but at the same time concerned. Had she been wrong? Or was this heart of light thing just something that could not be revealed by a piece of lab equipment.

"So us coming here was a waste of time. I apologize to making you work for no results, Xanatos."

"No need." Xanatos assured Goliath. "You were right in bringing her. Now at least we have either eliminated the possibility of an illness."

"But also left us back at square one." America groaned.​

Lab

Violet Parr
@Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Crow
@Lab

A talking polar bear?! Well, granted that was hardly the weirdest thing she'd seen today, the prospect threw her off a little, but she went with the flow... Deciding to answer his question in the most direct way possible.

xXUQOtG.png

"Something like that. We just... Don't do capes anymore." She said, sheepishly.

Well, it was a little more in depth than that, but she figured she'd keep the conversation brief, as she was more focused on what Xanatos was doing... Which was scanning Angela for signs of this "heart of light" that she supposedly had, but evidently there was little progress to be made, as Xanatos didn't have the neccessary information to identify anything yet.

Hmm, but thinking about this she wondered if the heart of light thing was going to be detected by even something like Xanatos's machine... Considering that they knew nothing about what it meant to be a "heart of light", let alone what sort of properties (other than an apparent interest from those shadow creatures) such a thing might give someone.

At the mention of food though, even if it was from Xanatos, Violet's stomach quietly growled, and she covered her mouth with both of her hands in embarassment. As much as she wanted to continue working this out, she did realize that some food would probably help, since she'd be able to concentrate better on a full stomach. Thus, Violet prepared to head off to the dining hall, but not without casting a somewhat cautious glance towards Xanatos.​

"Let's make sure those odds don't rise to 3 to 2 anytime soon. I'm not letting Thanos take over my world any time soon. Club Penguin rightfully belongs to me, and I'm the only big bad who's allowed to grab it. Either way, we've got to find the other three soon," Herbert says, "wonder what they are."

Xanatos suggested to the others that they should do have some food.

"Well, I am slightly hungry," Herbert says as he heads to the Dining Hall. "Whatever else we need to talk to, let's talk over some grub."

"Hey Star," Herbert greets Star, "so, I take it that your boyfriend's still in the library with parrot-guy?"

Herbert has a hunch that he missed out on a lot of rather... umm... interesting matters. As he sits beside Star, he begins to chow down on small bites.

"... did I miss anything?" Herbert asks Star and her two new friends.

@York @Mason Moretti @Crow @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @DiningHall​

"Let's make sure those odds don't rise to 3 to 2 anytime soon. I'm not letting Thanos take over my world any time soon. Club Penguin rightfully belongs to me, and I'm the only big bad who's allowed to grab it. Either way, we've got to find the other three soon," Herbert says, "wonder what they are."

Xanatos suggested to the others that they should do have some food.

"Well, I am slightly hungry," Herbert says as he heads to the Dining Hall. "Whatever else we need to talk to, let's talk over some grub."

"Hey Star," Herbert greets Star, "so, I take it that your boyfriend's still in the library with parrot-guy?"

Herbert has a hunch that he missed out on a lot of rather... umm... interesting matters. As he sits beside Star, he begins to chow down on small bites.

"... did I miss anything?" Herbert asks Star and her two new friends.

@York @Mason Moretti @Crow @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @DiningHall​
"Yeah he's still in the libra--" Wait... Did he just call Marco her boyfriend?​

tremO.jpg

"Oh uhhh... Marco's not... him and I are... we're just friends." Star said as she blushed profusely, not even noticing Herbert's second question due to her nervousness from the first inquiry.

While it was true that she did have a massive crush on Marco, the two were best friends and... she just didn't want to make things awkward between them. She'd always have to convince herself that things were fine the way they were or that Marco didn't even feel the same. But the feelings were still there, and Herbert assuming that her and Marco were a couple just reminded her of that fact, causing her to blush an extremely bright shade of red and even sweat a little. She just hoped that this conversation wouldn't go on longer than it needed to.

But then again, she knew that she would have to confront her feelings sooner or later. She just didn't want it to come right now. Or ever.

@Crow @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Dininghall

• Bucket of Rainbows
It was safe to say that Mr. Lover Boy Pirate was feeling pretty good after their kiss. His spine tingled from the lingering sensation of pleasure he felt, and his body felt lighter than a cloud. He returned his gaze to Emma, unable to contain himself from giving her a longing, gentle look. Sure, he had liked the blonde before, but now he liked her far more. She wasn't just like any of the girls he had fooled around with in the past. There was something special about Emma and he was well aware that he couldn't look at her as he did past encounters. She wasn't a prize at the end of a game anymore. Emma had more meaning to her than that.

And if Killian had the opportunity, he would've stolen a second kiss. Whatever had just awakened in him made the pirate highly crave more. He wanted to hold her longer and relieve the brief flicker of passion. Why did such a perfect moment have to be so short?

He also couldn't help but wonder what was going through Emma's head. Had she felt what he felt when they were so close? He liked to think there had been a spark between them, one that couldn't very easily be ignored.

Nevertheless, Emma was quick to bring him back to reality by saying that it was just...

...a one time thing.

After a few more moments of labored breathing, Killian still couldn't manage a proper reply with his thoughts as jumbled as they were.

"Phew," he whispered, letting out a deep exhail. He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and shook his head afterwards. "Only... a one time thing?" he mumbled, sounding disappointed, and appearing a bit worried. He was indeed worried, afraid her words were true. With all his heart he didn't want them to be.

"I stand corrected; you're as brave as... you are good at kissing," he said softly, touching his lips once more. His tone of voice was still gentle, welled full of emotion.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @whoever else​

G2Fla.jpg

hook-93_zpsde11f83c.png

As he slowly descended further back into reality, Hook side-glanced toward Star, noticing the shirts she would make appear. "You made a couples... what exactly?" he questioned before noticing the shirts Star had. The man let out a sigh, shaking his head slightly. "Did you not hear what Swan said? We're not--" He cut himself off, honestly unable to shatter Star's hopes just as Emma had done to him only a moment ago. Of course, he wouldn't give up his hope so easily, but that didn't mean Star would do the same. "You tell her, Swan," Killian suddenly added, deciding that since Emma was the one being evasive that she could be the one to tell Star the bad news.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore
Killian's longing gaze following their heated kiss was definitely noticed by Emma, actually causing a small pang in her heart as her own eyes remained locked with his. Why she felt such a thing was beyond her, considering he was just some revenge-crazed pirate she had met not that long ago. Why did she give a damn about the way he looked at her? Why did her skin tingle when they were close together, and feel fire of a different sort than with others when they kissed? Why was it that even the simplest of touches, from him, made her feel a comfortable warmth she didn't feel with anyone else? And why, most of all... Why did she feel happy he was looking at her with that gentle, longing gaze?

She wished she had answers to at least one of those things-- No. She wished she had answers to any of them that didn't involve some sort of fondness for him. She didn't need or want such things in her life, was what she always told herself. And while, in truth, love was something she longed for immensely? She wasn't going to break her self-told like for this. He had gotten his kiss as he and Star insisted, and that was the end of that.

Or she hoped it was.

Still catching her breath and trying to shove away such annoying thoughts, Emma struggled to meet Killian's gaze when he spoke up, sounding disappointed and worried and wearing an expression that screamed the same. After a few moments longer of tolled breathing, she slowly nodded, letting out a shuddered exhale. "Yeah," she muttered. "I said that I'd kiss you. Not that I'd kiss you more than once. So I hope you enjoyed it, because... that's all you're getting." She didn't want that to be true, to be honest. But she was telling herself this just as much as she was telling the pirate before her. Though, his words that followed, carried in a tender and emotional tone of voice made it hard to stick to this. Between that tone and the way he looked at her, maybe--

Maybe he felt it, too.

-It didn't matter, she told herself. She still wouldn't risk it. So instead, she forced a faint smile after what she realized was a much too long pause in which she had stared at him intensely, speaking up quickly to cover this up. "I must be better at kissing than I realized, then," she remarked, attempting to break the awkwardness. Attempting being a very relevant word to that sentence.

Breath finally evening out, Emma was prepared to entirely drop the conversation and event and just move on, but unfortunately, Star didn't give her that opportunity. Instead, all she got to do was flinch as a t-shirt was shoved in her face, one of- Oh. "Kid, back up, we still aren't-" she began, gently pushing the shirt away and pausing upon seeing the look on the girl's face. Gosh, she and Killian could have been related, with their puppyish expressions. This was going to be hard. Fortunately, she didn't have to worry about it yet, it seemed. The girl had become distracted by a giant talking bear, apparently. Great.

Overhearing the conversation, Emma became distracted enough to let a faint trace of a grin come back, noting the blush on Star's cheeks as she spoke of Marco. "Woah, Star- is that a blush?" she mused, leaning down at Star's side. "I think it is. You like that Marco kid, huh?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Crow @dininghall​

• Love

tremO.jpg

"Oh uhhh... Marco's not... him and I are... we're just friends." Star said as she blushed profusely, not even noticing Herbert's second question due to her nervousness from the first inquiry.

While it was true that she did have a massive crush on Marco, the two were best friends and... she just didn't want to make things awkward between them. She'd always have to convince herself that things were fine the way they were or that Marco didn't even feel the same. But the feelings were still there, and Herbert assuming that her and Marco were a couple just reminded her of that fact, causing her to blush an extremely bright shade of red and even sweat a little. She just hoped that this conversation wouldn't go on longer than it needed to.

But then again, she knew that she would have to confront her feelings sooner or later. She just didn't want it to come right now. Or ever.

Killian's longing gaze following their heated kiss was definitely noticed by Emma, actually causing a small pang in her heart as her own eyes remained locked with his. Why she felt such a thing was beyond her, considering he was just some revenge-crazed pirate she had met not that long ago. Why did she give a damn about the way he looked at her? Why did her skin tingle when they were close together, and feel fire of a different sort than with others when they kissed? Why was it that even the simplest of touches, from him, made her feel a comfortable warmth she didn't feel with anyone else? And why, most of all... Why did she feel happy he was looking at her with that gentle, longing gaze?

She wished she had answers to at least one of those things-- No. She wished she had answers to any of them that didn't involve some sort of fondness for him. She didn't need or want such things in her life, was what she always told herself. And while, in truth, love was something she longed for immensely? She wasn't going to break her self-told like for this. He had gotten his kiss as he and Star insisted, and that was the end of that.

Or she hoped it was.

Still catching her breath and trying to shove away such annoying thoughts, Emma struggled to meet Killian's gaze when he spoke up, sounding disappointed and worried and wearing an expression that screamed the same. After a few moments longer of tolled breathing, she slowly nodded, letting out a shuddered exhale. "Yeah," she muttered. "I said that I'd kiss you. Not that I'd kiss you more than once. So I hope you enjoyed it, because... that's all you're getting." She didn't want that to be true, to be honest. But she was telling herself this just as much as she was telling the pirate before her. Though, his words that followed, carried in a tender and emotional tone of voice made it hard to stick to this. Between that tone and the way he looked at her, maybe--

Maybe he felt it, too.

-It didn't matter, she told herself. She still wouldn't risk it. So instead, she forced a faint smile after what she realized was a much too long pause in which she had stared at him intensely, speaking up quickly to cover this up. "I must be better at kissing than I realized, then," she remarked, attempting to break the awkwardness. Attempting being a very relevant word to that sentence.

Breath finally evening out, Emma was prepared to entirely drop the conversation and event and just move on, but unfortunately, Star didn't give her that opportunity. Instead, all she got to do was flinch as a t-shirt was shoved in her face, one of- Oh. "Kid, back up, we still aren't-" she began, gently pushing the shirt away and pausing upon seeing the look on the girl's face. Gosh, she and Killian could have been related, with their puppyish expressions. This was going to be hard. Fortunately, she didn't have to worry about it yet, it seemed. The girl had become distracted by a giant talking bear, apparently. Great.

Overhearing the conversation, Emma became distracted enough to let a faint trace of a grin come back, noting the blush on Star's cheeks as she spoke of Marco. "Woah, Star- is that a blush?" she mused, leaning down at Star's side. "I think it is. You like that Marco kid, huh?"

hook-5_zpsff2b4dce.png

"Never say never," Killian teased when Emma would affirm that the kiss really had been a one time thing. The pirate brushed away his worry over Emma's statement, however, reminding himself that before the kiss she had said she'd never kiss him. She broke her word when she had kissed him, so maybe there was a chance she'd break her word again. He would win her heart, it would just take more time with Emma than anyone else he had encountered in the past. And that was fine. He would wait as long as she needed to. He had all the time in the world, and she most certainly was worth it.

Despite Emma's attempt to release them from the awkwardness, her statement only seemed to make Hook feel more awkward. "Yes, I suppose you are rather good at kissing," he mumbled, hesitating before he would add, "but it wasn't just your skill at kissing that made it good." Killian pressed his tongue against the side of his cheek for a moment, uncertain if he wanted to add anything more. He relented though and at least hinted at what he was thinking, "Sparks, love."

When Star would move on to another conversation before Emma could tell her they were not a couple, Hook actually gave the woman a look, instead of her giving him one, for once. Yeah, she'd gotten lucky. Not that it mattered. Star would find out the truth sooner or later. But speaking of Star, the captain perked up at the words he would hear exchanged between Herbert and herself, finding an opportune moment to get back at the girl for all of the fangirling she had done over Emma and himself.

hook-64_zps69ae7f5d.png

"Ah, what have we here? Yes, I do believe that was a blush." Killian chimed in, choosing to ignore Star's statement about the two being friends. "You like a boy, eh? I do hope he's a respectful boyfriend to you. Otherwise, he may find a hook in his back." Although his statement came off sounding like a protective father, the pirate was joking. Mostly.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Crow

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
hook-5_zpsff2b4dce.png

"Never say never," Killian teased when Emma would affirm that the kiss really had been a one time thing. The pirate brushed away his worry over Emma's statement, however, reminding himself that before the kiss she had said she'd never kiss him. She broke her word when she had kissed him, so maybe there was a chance she'd break her word again. He would win her heart, it would just take more time with Emma than anyone else he had encountered in the past. And that was fine. He would wait as long as she needed to. He had all the time in the world, and she most certainly was worth it.

Despite Emma's attempt to release them from the awkwardness, her statement only seemed to make Hook feel more awkward. "Yes, I suppose you are rather good at kissing," he mumbled, hesitating before he would add, "but it wasn't just your skill at kissing that made it good." Killian pressed his tongue against the side of his cheek for a moment, uncertain if he wanted to add anything more. He relented though and at least hinted at what he was thinking, "Sparks, love."

When Star would move on to another conversation before Emma could tell her they were not a couple, Hook actually gave the woman a look, instead of her giving him one, for once. Yeah, she'd gotten lucky. Not that it mattered. Star would find out the truth sooner or later. But speaking of Star, the captain perked up at the words he would hear exchanged between Herbert and herself, finding an opportune moment to get back at the girl for all of the fangirling she had done over Emma and himself.

hook-64_zps69ae7f5d.png

"Ah, what have we here? Yes, I do believe that was a blush." Killian chimed in, choosing to ignore Star's statement about the two being friends. "You like a boy, eh? I do hope he's a respectful boyfriend to you. Otherwise, he may find a hook in his back." Although his statement came off sounding like a protective father, the pirate was joking. Mostly.

Or she hoped it was.

Maybe he felt it, too.

When Emma mused over to Star and teased her about her obvious crush on Marco, Star's blush deepened as she attempted to hide the fact that she had a crush on her best friend.

LoUYw.jpg

"Whaaaaaaat? Me have a crush on Marco? Pffft, naaaah. He's my best friend! I-I mean that'd be weird.. having a crush on your best friend." Star said as she tried to play it off as best she could. Of course, her ever i'm reading blush and sweatiness contradicted that fact.

Once she finally began to calm down, Killian decided to butt in with the oh-so lovely idea of him putting his hook in Marco's back. Now because Star was already embarrassed in this situation, and Star being Star, she didn't know he was joking. So him saying this earned a small little shrill out of the interdimensional princess.

DtTchEK.jpg

"EEEP! No, putting your hook in Marco's back won't be necessary! He'd never do anything to hurt me. He's way too sweet. And nice, and amazing, and cute, and dreamy...." She said as she began to get lost in her thoughts about Marco yet again before abruptly coming to her senses when she realized what she was saying. Somehow blushing even worse now, Star just sat frozen before barely being able to force out a few words.

"C-c-can we just change the topic, please?"

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow

tremO.jpg

Or she hoped it was.

Maybe he felt it, too.

hook-5_zpsff2b4dce.png

hook-64_zps69ae7f5d.png

When Emma mused over to Star and teased her about her obvious crush on Marco, Star's blush deepened as she attempted to hide the fact that she had a crush on her best friend.

LoUYw.jpg

"Whaaaaaaat? Me have a crush on Marco? Pffft, naaash. He's my best friend! I-I mean that'd be weird.. having a crush on your best friend." Star said as she tried to play it off as best she could. Of course, her ever i'm reading blush and sweatiness contradicted that fact.

Once she finally began to calm down, Killian decided to butt in with the oh-so lovely idea of him putting his hook in Marco's back. Now because Star was already embarrassed in this situation, and Star being Star, she didn't know he was joking. So him saying this earned a small little shrill out of the interdimensional princess.

DtTchEK.jpg

"EEEP! No, putting your hook in Marco's back won't be necessary! He'd never do anything to hurt me. He's way too sweet. And nice, and amazing, and cute, and dreamy...." She said as she began to get lost in her thoughts about Marco yet again before abruptly coming to her senses when she realized what she was saying. Somehow blushing even worse now, Star just sat frozen before barely being able to force out a few words.

Herbert felt obligated to change the topic to something everyone could relate to.

Almost everyone.

Maybe he felt like boasting. Maybe he felt bad for his actions. Maybe he just felt like it.

lJ32qjc.jpg

"Well, I'm not good with relationship talk anyways," Herbert says, thinking about his lack of talking friends back home, then expelling said thoughts. "I, for one, prefer to monologue about stuff I hate rather than stuff I love. So, let's talk about our archenemies or something. We're all good guys and big bads here, so surely we've got some stories to share. How they kicked our tails, how we kicked theirs, who's thwarting your plan, whose plan you're thwarting, the usual. Who wants to start?"

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Crow

@York @Mason Moretti

hook-5_zpsff2b4dce.png

hook-64_zps69ae7f5d.png

LoUYw.jpg

"Whaaaaaaat? Me have a crush on Marco? Pffft, naaash. He's my best friend! I-I mean that'd be weird.. having a crush on your best friend." Star said as she tried to play it off as best she could. Of course, her ever i'm reading blush and sweatiness contradicted that fact.

DtTchEK.jpg

Herbert felt obligated to change the topic to something everyone could relate to.

Almost everyone.

Maybe he felt like boasting. Maybe he felt bad for his actions. Maybe he just felt like it.

lJ32qjc.jpg

"Well, I'm not good with relationship talk anyways," Herbert says, thinking about his lack of talking friends back home, then expelling said thoughts. "So, let's talk about our archenemies or something. We're all good guys and big bads here, so surely we've got some stories to share. How they kicked our tails, how we kicked theirs, who's thwarting your plan, whose plan you're thwarting, the usual. Who wants to start?"

@York @Mason Moretti
tumblr_inline_n6f1eq1Rfx1r23mcd.png

"Isn't the place you're from literally called Neverland? Pretty sure you've said it a few times," Emma replied with blatant sass, tilting her head slightly as she spoke. He had walked right into that one. "You keep telling yourself what you want." Maybe if he said it enough times, he'd realize how silly it sounded. Emma just kept telling herself to forget their moment, after all. Maybe if she repeated it enough, she'd pull it off.

A little difficult to accomplish, with the lingering topic of conversation revolving around it.

There was a brief flicker of something like pain and exhaustion at the pirate's compliment of her kissing skills. Or, well, not the compliment, itself. No, it came with his hint of what had made the kiss so wonderful, on top of her skills. She didn't know what to say, helplessly opening her mouth before closing it again with a sigh. She couldn't reply without giving something away, so she would just have to not reply at all. Not to that piece, anyways. Instead, she did her best to act as though she hadn't heard, choosing to focus on Star for the moment. Even when she noticed Hook giving her a look for not telling Star, which she obviously also tried to ignore.

Lightly nudging the girl with her elbow after plopping down in the seat next to her, Emma grinned faintly, amused by the girl's kiddie crush. "Oh, come on. Having a crush on your best friend isn't weird. Love happens that way all the time," she dismissed. "You should tell him how ya feel. Sweet kid like you, no way he doesn't like ya. But for once, I've gotta agree with Hook. If this Marco guy ever hurts you, just tell me, alright?" Unlike Hook, she probably wasn't joking.

Herbert's proposition for a subject change earned a raised eyebrow from the savior, who hardly looked amused. Scoffing, she shook her head, wishing again for a glass of alcohol. Real, genuine alcohol. "Yeah, no thanks. I'll sit this one out."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Dininghall​

As the group left the lab America once again swore she could see a cloaked figure in the corridor as they headed for the dining hall, but when she looked again the figure vanished.

Arriving to the hall Xanatos made his way towards Owen. "I'm hoping everyone has been well fed."

"Yes...of the body as well as the mind. Though to be fair I have not cared for the insinuations and..." He wrinkled his nose as if he had stepped in something foul. "Flirting."

Xanatos chuckled at his personal assistants plight. "Sounds about right. Everyone feel free to take a bite from the scrumptious food still left on the table."

The merriment continued among the group before Xanatos got a grim look on his face and made his way towards Goliath. "I have news that you have to hear."

It was unusual to hear Xanatos sound like this. "What is it?"

"It's the clocktower, it's being attacked by unknown assailants. A fire has broken out and the authorites have been notified."

Goliath's eyes went wide in shock. "Attacked?! How do you k-" Then he realized who he was talking to. Xanatos had no doubt their place bugged with both sound and video. Perhaps the reason why Xanatos did not pry about Kingdom Hearts and everything else was that he already knew.

While the hatchet had been buried, trust was something that didn't come easy for once bitter enemies. "Never mind, but why? We have the heart of light here with us!"

"What if they don't?"
Angela replied coming up to the two once rivals. "What if I'm not the light? I just realized that I wasn't the only close to where the shadows emerged." Her eyes were concerned when she looked up at Goliath. "Lexington. Lexington was there too!"

Right now it didn't matter to Goliath who the light was. His clan was being attacked and he wasn't there to protect them. "Angela we're leaving! They need us!" Making his way to the window Goliath opened it ready to fly back to their besieged home.

America didn't like these turn of events. "What are you crazy?! Let's just find Billy and-"

"There is no time!"
Goliath cut her off. "We're needed now. Follow us when you have the chance." With that both Goliath and Angela flew into the New York group leaving the group behind.

America groaned in frustration and turned towards Xanatos. "The library? Where's the library?!"

"Down the hall to the left. Will you be needing assistance?"

America motioned everyone to follow her. "Like Goliath said you'll do what you want, but we have to go save their asses! Come on people move it!"

Soon enough they found the library. "Billy! We need to get back to the clock tower ASAP!"

Billy nodded and teleported them back to the clock tower. The entire tower was now enwrapped in a blazing inferno. The gargoyles laid sprawled out on the roof having been beaten severely. The bearded one groaned and looked up at the group. "W-We where ambushed by the shadows and...Lexington's still inside...help...him..." A final groan and the gargoyle fell unconscious.

The group made their way inside and spotted the tail end of Lexington getting swallowed by a shadow like portal in the ground. There were no shadows any more but still another stood tall in the inferno.

"And so you have come to be judged."
The man they had met when trapped in the priest robes stood before them. "The audacity of you standing against Lord Thanos...prepare to be cleansed in the fire of divine retribution!"

America shouted for them to get behind her as Frollo started burning hotter than the flames around them, ready to swallow them up in a fiery inferno. He might have even succeeded had it not been for Songbirds sonic scream forming around the group and saving them all.

Songbird had for most of the time since their escaped kept to herself. America had seemed to have a good head on her shoulder despite her ages, so she could pull the shots. The others seemed fine too with out input so she kept to the back trying to sort it out in her own way.

That time however was now over. As the flames subsided the group realized what happened. The ensuing blast had made the clock tower crumble around them, but the foundation was still holding for now.

As Songbird lowered the shield she finally spoke up. "We need to get that guy down on street level before he can do any more damage!"

America was taken aback by Songbird starting to call the shots, but it wasn't like she was wrong. "Yeah, what she said! Be careful though, he's harder to get your hands on than you think!"

Frollo in turn gritted his teeth in anger for his attack failing. "Miscreants! Freaks! Devil spawn! How dare you decline your punishment?!" As he shouted more of those shadow ants started to emerge from the ground. They seemed to have a fight on their hands.​

Almost everyone.

lJ32qjc.jpg

"Well, I'm not good with relationship talk anyways," Herbert says, thinking about his lack of talking friends back home, then expelling said thoughts. "I, for one, prefer to monologue about stuff I hate rather than stuff I love. So, let's talk about our archenemies or something. We're all good guys and big bads here, so surely we've got some stories to share. How they kicked our tails, how we kicked theirs, who's thwarting your plan, whose plan you're thwarting, the usual. Who wants to start?"

@York @Mason Moretti
Star would turn to Herbert and smile, just happy to have a subject change.

Pgcta.jpg

"Well I fight monsters like, every day. But the main guy I fight is this weird bird guy named Ludo. He's after my wand." Star said as she seemed to relax a little.

That is, until Emma approached her about Marco yet again. In reaction to this, Star simply sunk down and sat on the ground, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

"I know that I should! But what if he doesn't feel the same? What if he...." Star could feel tears welling up in her eyes as they began to sting. Raising her arm up yo her eyes, Star wiped the tears away before sniffling. "I just don't want to be rejected."

They didn't have too much time to dwell on her crush, however, as it appeared that someone was attacking the clock tower.

When Star and Marco made it there, they were surprised that the entire building was up in flames! Without even thinking, Star tugged out her wand yet again and took aim for Frollo along with the fire.

"Mega Starfish Tsunami!" She yelled. When she yelled this, a huge wave of water appeared and washed over the fire and hopefully Frollo himself. Hopefully this would be enough to put them out, or at least subdue the priest.

latest

Meanwhile, Marco shot at the ant creatures with his newfound toaster gun.

@Jeremi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Frollofight​

Status
Not open for further replies.