• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Sonic rounds the corner, he finds two ONI Scientists. One is clutching her shoulder, and the other is dead. The wounded one pointed towards the back of the room where a large disc-shaped object wasn't facing the group. Officer Connors raised her pistol carefully. The monstrosity turned around.

latest
Woah. Seeing another dead body caught Sonic by surprise at first, after all this he still wasn't used it it. That inital surprise eventually wore off when he noticed the machine that was most likely the cause of all this.

"Don't worry, I've got this." The hedgehog said to Connors when he noticed that she rose up her pistol. The hedgehog then charged up a spindash,taking off like a jet soon after.

@Minerva @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @evac

Woah. Seeing another dead body caught Sonic by surprise at first, after all this he still wasn't used it it. That inital surprise eventually wore off when he noticed the machine that was most likely the cause of all this.

"Don't worry, I've got this." The hedgehog said to Connors when he noticed that she rose up her pistol. The hedgehog then charged up a spindash,taking off like a jet soon after.

@Minerva @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @evac

Connors nodded, and began dragging the wounded ONI soldier out of the room. The Cyberdisc would open fire, opening up holes in the wall behind Sonic. When Sonic hit it with the spindash, a large dent would be made in its side. One of the P/K officers would begin opening fire using his assault rifle. The robotic thing began to warm up to fire again.

Connors nodded, and began dragging the wounded ONI soldier out of the room. The Cyberdisc would open fire, opening up holes in the wall behind Sonic. When Sonic hit it with the spindash, a large dent would be made in its side. One of the P/K officers would begin opening fire using his assault rifle. The robotic thing began to warm up to fire again.

"You're a tough nut to crack, aren't ya?" Sonic asked the floating disk once he realized the his spindash didn't destroy it in one hit like it usually did on Eggman's robots. Though, Sonic was not one to give up! The hedgehog just charged up an even bigger spindash this time and launching himself before the thing could start shooting again.

@Minerva @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @evac​

@Crash Site
@Mason Moretti @Jeremi (Howlett) @Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite

Fortunately, Shichika's rocket did indeed do the trick, mostly because it set off those orange cylinders around the green blob... Causing a massive explosion, which blew a big hole in the crashed ship, obliterating the blob, and sending chunks of it splattering its immediate area, just barely falling the group there.

In the meanwhile, Howlett, and Dorian, who had been locked in a seemingly endless battle with the onslaught of creatures found that they had suddenly become alot less co-ordinated... Allowing them to be cut down alot easier.

Soon enough, dropships flew in to pick up both groups, as well as marines... Taking them to a much safer place, or so they were told.

(Guess everyone's with @Minerva at the evac center basically, until I get the mid-round update up)

@Afterlife
@BarrenThin @Crow @Yun Lee @MetalNova @Archmage Jeremiah

The wind have begun blowing harder and harder... As the woman, and the others that heeded her instructions took cover behind that tree, while Birdie seemed to experience quite a heavy gust of wind coming from the mountain, enough to knock free his chain, and push him downwards... Evidently he wasn't going to be on that mountain too much longer under the full force of that wind, as long as he stayed out in the open like that.

In the meantime though, the woman thought about Noembelu's question, seeming to think again before she spoke.

"Like... An extension of the creature that birthed them itself... Once, he was known as "Lavos", but... Now... I believe they call him... Emnity..." She said quietly.

There was another pause, as she leaned against the tree they had taken cover behind a moment before she elaborated further.

"I do not believe its spawn is as powerfull as... Their maker, we should prepare ourselves for a hard fight ahead... There is no telling what such a thing could do..." She added.

When Ben went over the options to speed up the journey, she frowned, tapping her chin.

"I do not know if time can be... Molded like it would in most places here... But... A tunnel... If the snow is thick enough... Perhaps it could... Work..." She said thoughtfully.

After a moment, she patted the ground below her lightly, seeming to notice that a rather thick layer of snow had formed on the mountain... This seemed to make her smile a little, as she realized that they might just have a shot at this.​

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Alexandra AKA Huntress

Huntress found herself loading up into one of the big troop carriers and heading back to the EVAC center with the others. Following the female officer she did in fact notice a new thing to fight. She sighed to herself, shook the cobwebs loose, moving quietly to once side of this thing as Sonic was rushing about keeping it's attention.
She had to time this just right, drawing her sword and moving up really close while it was so occupied with extreme hedgehog, she attacked, hoping to slice it's legs off and make it easier to open up.

@Afterlife

The wind have begun blowing harder and harder... As the woman, and the others that heeded her instructions took cover behind that tree, while Birdie seemed to experience quite a heavy gust of wind coming from the mountain, enough to knock free his chain, and push him downwards... Evidently he wasn't going to be on that mountain too much longer under the full force of that wind, as long as he stayed out in the open like that.

In the meantime though, the woman thought about Noembelu's question, seeming to think again before she spoke.

"Like... An extension of the creature that birthed them itself... Once, he was known as "Lavos", but... Now... I believe they call him... Emnity..." She said quietly.

There was another pause, as she leaned against the tree they had taken cover behind a moment before she elaborated further.

"I do not believe its spawn is as powerfull as... Their maker, we should prepare ourselves for a hard fight ahead... There is no telling what such a thing could do..." She added.

When Ben went over the options to speed up the journey, she frowned, tapping her chin.

"I do not know if time can be... Molded like it would in most places here... But... A tunnel... If the snow is thick enough... Perhaps it could... Work..." She said thoughtfully.

After a moment, she patted the ground below her lightly, seeming to notice that a rather thick layer of snow had formed on the mountain... This seemed to make her smile a little, as she realized that they might just have a shot at this.​

"Emnity? That's the name the cult lady mentioned. Is Emnity involved in anything else we need to know?" Ben asks the lady.

That was when Birdie was tumbling down from the winds. Ben unleashes a pink, glowing mana-based whip from his hand to pull Birdie back on track. He was evidently struggling with the pull. "We've got to be more careful..." Ben utters as the the pink glow of mana gradually vanishes into nothingness.

Ben looks at the thick snow beneath them.

lodGY0w.jpg

"No snow's a match for Heatblast!" Ben exclaims as he dials his Omnitrix and slams it down, allowing him to transform. What he turned into didn't seem to have anything to do with heat or blasting.

mW0D9H8.jpg

"Mole-stache," the mole-like rodentoid that took Ben's place, Mole-stache as Ben had named it, spoke very much like a stereotypical gentleman. "A dissatisfactory alien in dire times, I see? Well, I certainly am anything but amused or surprised..."

Mole-stache would then morph his moustache into the shape of a large pair of hands that would then proceed to scoop and shovel the thick snow at an extremely rapid pace. In mere seconds, a 3-metre deep hole was made.

"We must make haste, my friends, hop in," Mole-stache suggests to the group as he continues to dig towards their destination, being the mole he is.

If the snow wasn't thick enough, Mole-stache wouls dig through the very soil.

"I say, all this talk about this Emnity entity makes me ponder - do its offspring emerge into beings with an identical function to their parent? In Layman's terms - become replicas of Emnity."

@york @BarrenThin @Crow @Yun Lee @MetalNova @Archmage Jeremiah
@AFTERLIFE

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
"You're a tough nut to crack, aren't ya?" Sonic asked the floating disk once he realized the his spindash didn't destroy it in one hit like it usually did on Eggman's robots. Though, Sonic was not one to give up! The hedgehog just charged up an even bigger spindash this time and launching himself before the thing could start shooting again.

@Minerva @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Fallen Hope @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @evac​
Alexandra AKA Huntress

Huntress found herself loading up into one of the big troop carriers and heading back to the EVAC center with the others. Following the female officer she did in fact notice a new thing to fight. She sighed to herself, shook the cobwebs loose, moving quietly to once side of this thing as Sonic was rushing about keeping it's attention.
She had to time this just right, drawing her sword and moving up really close while it was so occupied with extreme hedgehog, she attacked, hoping to slice it's legs off and make it easier to open up.

It had taken more damage, but wasn't quite done yet. Sparks flew from where it had been hit and slashed. It stumbled around for a minute, crashing into things and breaking glass. It prepared to fire one last time.

It had taken more damage, but wasn't quite done yet. Sparks flew from where it had been hit and slashed. It stumbled around for a minute, crashing into things and breaking glass. It prepared to fire one last time.
Sonic just landed again and launched another homing attack towards the machine once he realized that it was still somehow not broken.

@Minerva @others​

Sonic just landed again and launched another homing attack towards the machine once he realized that it was still somehow not broken.

@Minerva @others​

With one final hit, the machine would spark and shatter. Officer Connors would reenter the room. "Is it down?" She asked, clearing the room with her pistol. It made a beeping sound, and sounded like it had one more firing round to go. Connors gave one final shot as it sparked, ending the machine's life for good.

Looking around, it would seem that ONI had been using this room as a laboratory, presumably testing on that robot. Lab equipment lay scattered and smash throughout the room that had once been set up for a store. In particular, on a counter, a skull leaned against a test tube stand.

qCUwe16.png

@thatguyinthestore @york @others

With one final hit, the machine would spark and shatter. Officer Connors would reenter the room. "Is it down?" She asked, clearing the room with her pistol. It made a beeping sound, and sounded like it had one more firing round to go. Connors gave one final shot as it sparked, ending the machine's life for good.

Looking around, it would seem that ONI had been using this room as a laboratory, presumably testing on that robot. Lab equipment lay scattered and smash throughout the room that had once been set up for a store. In particular, on a counter, a skull leaned against a test tube stand.

qCUwe16.png

@thatguyinthestore @york @others
Sonic walked over to the skull and picked it up hesitantly.

@york @Minerva

After a whole ton of spell slinging and gritty brawling that definitely happened in great detail, Dorian felt rather refreshed now that he was safe on the dropship with the others.

4r9ZRT9.png

"Well, that was exhilarating. Really reminded me of the horrors back home." Dorian eyed Howlett, observing him a moment before speaking to him directly. "... You are certainly something else. You fight like you were made for battle, you know that?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Kaykay @Verite

The skull began to shimmer with a familiar bluish glow...

Though it was in the most unlikely of places, it seemed that they had found this world's trigger.

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Others?

"Well that was a piece of cake!"
Sonic said with a grin as he began tossing the skull up in the air and catching it. "Now we just gotta find that portal."

@york @Minerva @others

The skull began to shimmer with a familiar bluish glow...

Though it was in the most unlikely of places, it seemed that they had found this world's trigger.

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Others?

Danielle had followed Sonic and the others as they had been scavenging around the area, and it finally looked like they had found the trigger of this world. "Good job, people! We found another one!"

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @york @Others​

After a whole ton of spell slinging and gritty brawling that definitely happened in great detail, Dorian felt rather refreshed now that he was safe on the dropship with the others.

4r9ZRT9.png

"Well, that was exhilarating. Really reminded me of the horrors back home." Dorian eyed Howlett, observing him a moment before speaking to him directly. "... You are certainly something else. You fight like you were made for battle, you know that?"

"I get that a lot." Howlett responded. The wound from earlier had finally healed, but his coat now had a huge hole in it. "And I ain't going to argue that. You weren't too bad for a guy who just points his staff at things." He was teasing, Howlett really had been impressed by Dorian in the last battle. "You're not a bad person to have close in a tight situation."

"I don't even have to use the staff, really. Would you like to see me conjure fire from my hands? I could perhaps try doing it from my mouth as well. I could even put on a show!"

02BMG70.png

He was smiling. Dorian's eyes lingered on the hole in Howlett's coat, thinking it unseemly. And something else, but mostly unseemly. "Interesting turn of phrase," he said after a moment. He thought he knew Howlett well enough at the moment to imagine it was deliberate. The man had delightfully surprised him when it came to conversation.

Dorian stepped back and rested his head against the wall of the ship. He still looked at Howlett, but now it was a weary glance. "It has been a long day, hasn't it? Or perhaps it's been longer than that, who can say. All I know is that I haven't had a moment's rest in quite some time. I don't think I've ever traveled with others in such harsh conditions for a long time now. I guess I can say I'm glad it's with you."

Another moment passed before Dorian then cleared his throat and eyed the others in the ship. "And, all of you as well, of course."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jeremi
The exhilaration of combat seemed to fade as quickly as it came, as Giorno didn't need to move as Shichika's, Seisa's and Mipha's movements followed up with his, intertwining and connecting like jigsaw pieces, forming a depiction of allies moving as one against the tide. The beauty and emotions of such a thing don't come very often for Giorno, at least not in the past several years. It's a pleasant, yet depressing reminder of better times.

The silent humming of the dropship's engine broke the silence shared between the individuals within. Giorno instinctively tuned out Dorian (at this point it's just a habit) when he started talking, but he picked up on a few key words, prompting him to slightly smile and turn his head to Shichika and Seisa.

fcdb0611152be25611d9c733bdda0f9c.png

"That was a dangerous battle...I do apologize if I sound inappropriate, but it was kind of fun."

'Fun' wasn't a common word in Giorno's vocabulary. Nor was smiling. Everything in his mind carried out like a stoic mission, with a goal to be achieved, and a path to be paved with his unbreakable, golden resolve. In the quiet hours between his hectic gang life, however, Giorno can't help but recall the small aspects of his life that he neglected to pick up. Pleasantries that someone like his father wouldn't even think to acknowledge.

"It's hard to feel stressed whenever we fight an enemy, because I remember that you two are behind me every time I move, and it reminds me of alli--" Giorno abruptly paused, staring ahead for a moment before continuing "-- friends I used to have..."

"In truth, I really do think we make a good team, Shichika, Seisa."

"If we continue on this path together, we'll never have to worry."

@Crash Site
@Mason Moretti @Jeremi (Howlett) @Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite

Fortunately, Shichika's rocket did indeed do the trick, mostly because it set off those orange cylinders around the green blob... Causing a massive explosion, which blew a big hole in the crashed ship, obliterating the blob, and sending chunks of it splattering its immediate area, just barely falling the group there.

In the meanwhile, Howlett, and Dorian, who had been locked in a seemingly endless battle with the onslaught of creatures found that they had suddenly become alot less co-ordinated... Allowing them to be cut down alot easier.

Soon enough, dropships flew in to pick up both groups, as well as marines... Taking them to a much safer place, or so they were told.

(Guess everyone's with @Minerva at the evac center basically, until I get the mid-round update up)

@Afterlife

"Emnity? That's the name the cult lady mentioned. Is Emnity involved in anything else we need to know?" Ben asks the lady.

That was when Birdie was tumbling down from the winds. Ben unleashes a pink, glowing mana-based whip from his hand to pull Birdie back on track. He was evidently struggling with the pull. "We've got to be more careful..." Ben utters as the the pink glow of mana gradually vanishes into nothingness.

Ben looks at the thick snow beneath them.

lodGY0w.jpg

"No snow's a match for Heatblast!" Ben exclaims as he dials his Omnitrix and slams it down, allowing him to transform. What he turned into didn't seem to have anything to do with heat or blasting.

mW0D9H8.jpg

"Mole-stache," the mole-like rodentoid that took Ben's place, Mole-stache as Ben had named it, spoke very much like a stereotypical gentleman. "A dissatisfactory alien in dire times, I see? Well, I certainly am anything but amused or surprised..."

Mole-stache would then morph his moustache into the shape of a large pair of hands that would then proceed to scoop and shovel the thick snow at an extremely rapid pace. In mere seconds, a 3-metre deep hole was made.

"We must make haste, my friends, hop in," Mole-stache suggests to the group as he continues to dig towards their destination, being the mole he is.

If the snow wasn't thick enough, Mole-stache wouls dig through the very soil.

"I say, all this talk about this Emnity entity makes me ponder - do its offspring emerge into beings with an identical function to their parent? In Layman's terms - become replicas of Emnity."

@york @BarrenThin @Crow @Yun Lee @MetalNova @Archmage Jeremiah
@AFTERLIFE

"AW, BLOODY HEEEEEELL!!" This was the end. Goodbye, cruel world. Birdie was to fall to his doom in some unkown hellscape, never to enjoy a final meal.

Or, no, wait a sec. He was alive.

Ben managed to help the Brit stay strong against the winds, and as the subsided he quickly scurried to the group. "Coulda save meself back there," he said, dusting himself off. "But the help was a nice little gesture, kid." It was the closest to a thank you Ben was gonna get.

As the tunnel was built, Birdie bowed to Noembelu, Blaze, and Azuma. "Ladies first." There was no chivalry at all in Birdie's action; in fact his main goal was to keep DIO apart from Noembelu by as many people possible.

@york @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @MetalNova

"I don't even have to use the staff, really. Would you like to see me conjure fire from my hands? I could perhaps try doing it from my mouth as well. I could even put on a show!"

02BMG70.png

He was smiling. Dorian's eyes lingered on the hole in Howlett's coat, thinking it unseemly. And something else, but mostly unseemly. "Interesting turn of phrase," he said after a moment. He thought he knew Howlett well enough at the moment to imagine it was deliberate. The man had delightfully surprised him when it came to conversation.

Dorian stepped back and rested his head against the wall of the ship. He still looked at Howlett, but now it was a weary glance. "It has been a long day, hasn't it? Or perhaps it's been longer than that, who can say. All I know is that I haven't had a moment's rest in quite some time. I don't think I've ever traveled with others in such harsh conditions for a long time now. I guess I can say I'm glad it's with you."

Another moment passed before Dorian then cleared his throat and eyed the others in the ship. "And, all of you as well, of course."

"I think the fire coming out of your words is more than enough, Dorian." Howlett responded. "I don't mean that as a bad thing. We need someone who can speak his mind in this group."

Dorian's remark about traveling partners made Howlett smirk in turn. "It's been a pleasure to be in your company...we got to all get out of this in one piece after all."

Howlett22_zpsmltn9hrf.png

"Couldn't ask for better company."

Another moment passed before Dorian then cleared his throat and eyed the others in the ship.
"And, all of you as well, of course."
fcdb0611152be25611d9c733bdda0f9c.png

"That was a dangerous battle...I do apologize if I sound inappropriate, but it was kind of fun."

'Fun' wasn't a common word in Giorno's vocabulary. Nor was smiling. Everything in his mind carried out like a stoic mission, with a goal to be achieved, and a path to be paved with his unbreakable, golden resolve. In the quiet hours between his hectic gang life, however, Giorno can't help but recall the small aspects of his life that he neglected to pick up. Pleasantries that someone like his father wouldn't even think to acknowledge.

"It's hard to feel stressed whenever we fight an enemy, because I remember that you two are behind me every time I move, and it reminds me of alli--" Giorno abruptly paused, staring ahead for a moment before continuing "-- friends I used to have..."

"In truth, I really do think we make a good team, Shichika, Seisa."

"If we continue on this path together, we'll never have to worry."

Oh.

Now they were on some ship again, huh? Time always seems to fly.

And then everything began talking about friendship, which was always nice, Shichika supposed. Regrettably, as Dorian said, there hadn't been much opportunity to sit down and rest, away from any hostile forces, and even when there was, the mood was trampled upon by a murder of one of their own. Soft moments like these, even the swordsman knew he couldn't take for granted. Though he had been traveling by himself for a long time now (Princess Hitei was fine and all, but she seemed more adamant on simply being his bank than a friend), perhaps his time with Togame back then had spoiled him to the prospect of... becoming friends with other people. Other travelers.

Perhaps he really ought to move on, but he would never forget the past.

vlcsnap-2010-05-09-22h00m59s229copy.jpg

"I'm glad to have met you too, Dorian, Howlett!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, getting their names right in a miraculous moment, before turning to Seisa and Giorno, "Yeah... Having companions... allies at your side wherever you go can be fun. I can always count on you two to have my back, and I'll always try my best to be sure I have yours too!" He exclaimed entirely good-naturedly.

As always, Shichika wasn't sure where they were going from here, as in, what their next destination was, what they'd be fighting next, who was pulling the strings, or when this would all come to an end, but he could hardly worry. Maybe it might have been because he lacked such mental capacity to give it much thought and worry over it in some regard, but his skills and abilities had always been able to get him through every time he was in a pinch, regardless of whether or not he even wanted to live through it all, and he was sure that especially with his friends by his side, everything would be fine.

Balling one hand into a fist and hitting his other palm with it, a gesture of enthusiasm and pep, Shichika's smile widened confidently.

Mazui_Katanagatari_-_03_Xvi_DF96_A40_B.jpg

"Whoever's behind all this had better watch out! Because they can't stop a team as powerful as us all!"

@Atomyk @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay

Last edited:
gvsTA1L.png

"Hm. Well--"

Dorian looked down, a bit lost for words. "Not much more to say on the matter, is there?" He looked up, eyeing Howlett. "Here's hoping for a more relaxing venture the next time we jump. If we're tossed into another set of dangers, perhaps I'll be of a mind to retire from this business and wait it out. We'll have to see, won't we."

Status
Not open for further replies.