• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"And you are hurt worse."

Ignoring the stinging sensation in his shoulder, Jack breathed a sigh of relief as the cadaver was finally put to rest once again. It seemed they had survived another bout with both Jason and other similar undead. However, it was not without injury, he noted as he examined her ankle and throat.

"Let us find Jude."

Without anther word, the samurai began to carry his precious person once again. After a few minutes to mourn Catbug he approached the doctor who had treated Zinnia once before.

"Doctor Mathias, perhaps you could treat our wounds once again? I and Zinnia were involved with the fight to defeat the hockey player and another undead."

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits
Jude nodded to Jack, deciding to give Catbug to Lapis. He wasn't entirely sure what they would do with the body, but Lapis would need some time to mourn. Looking down at the blood in his hands, the young doctor gave a great sigh.

m358eAs.png

"Jack, let's move out of the way here. They shouldn't mind if we make use of the hospital wing." He gestured to the exit of the library.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits

Zinnia went off like a firecracker when Jack picked her up. She squirmed and kicked her her good leg, letting her injured one dangle. She tried to speak and give him a piece of her mind, but her voice only came out in unrecognizable squeaks until they arrived to the location with the others. By the time they made it in front of Jude, Zinnia stumbled out of Jack's arms and gave him a shove, almost causing her to fall over. She stood on her good leg, slightly holding up her bad ankle so that it wasn't touching the ground.

As Jack had stated, she didn't look too well. Other than her injured ankle, she had dark bruising all along her neck, a deep cut on the palm of her right hand, and bruising on her face as well from where she had collided with the floor. Nevertheless, she stood back and folded her arms, not wanting to be touched.

"I-I won't," she finally was able to say, struggling to get the words out. "I wont' get treated until you do first, Jack! I refuse! Don't you dare help me first, Jude or else I'll bite you. Stay back."

Zinnia clenched her fists, letting them tremble at her sides. Tears glistened in her eyes. It was easy to tell that her body was not only a bit battered, but her emotions were as well. Thinking about Aster, confronting Jason again, and now the loss of Catbug was piling up on her emotions.

"I-I'm tired of all this. I can't stand seeing you hurt. Just get treated first... p-please. You have no idea how hard it is for me to look at you being wounded. I-I need you to be okay..."

@The Tactician @Atomyk

Continued from here.

Twilight Update
"Karma"

Jude nodded in agreement, seeing to Catbug as Rant requested. He figured he could do something for the guy despite only being trained in taking care of people, but when he cradled the little hybrid in his arms, he knew it was too late.

"... I'm so sorry."

Doc Hayward grabbed his gun back from Rant, shooting him a dirty look as he rushed to his desk to properly load it. He managed to not get caught by the falling supplies as he chased after the masked man, following after Dan as the chase led to the library wing of the university. Bullet came running in after, after only vaguely having caught the tail end of the scene.

"What the hell?!" she yelled, staring at the double doors they had disappeared behind. "Don't you fucking--" Bullet's cry was cut off as she ran into the wing after them.

It was not long after a gunshot was heard.

Holder winced at the sound of the gunshot going off. "Hold up," he said, putting the keys away and starting in that direction. Once he was a few steps away, an announcement was broadcast throughout the university.

"Attention, attention! I need my forensics team in the library wing! A body may or may not have been discovered! It's Schrödinger's body!"

As the group eventually met up and made their way to the library, they encountered a familiar looking corpse slumped up against one of the bookshelves. With his hockey mask laying nearby, the straps had been torn apart indicating that a blade had been behind this.

4fb809db381dfe6c55268eea8449333b.jpg

As Kyoko and the others would reach the scene, the young woman would let out a small, surprised gasp, both from the grizzly sight of the murder and the cruel irony that the man who had just tried to kill them all had just ended up dead himself, as she would lay her eyes upon the victim.

GR1RdDE.png

"It's...!"

The blue chevrons on the mask however indicated that this was not the Crystal Lake killer that the group had already fought twice by this point. No, this meant that the body was none other than the impostor Roy Burns who had adopted Jason's M.O. as a way of masking his own killing spree.

But it seemed like that after fleeing from the group someone had ended him. His head was slumped forward with part of his hood torn wide open as blood gushed out of a gash on the top of his head. The crimson liquid ran down Roy's face and stained his blue coveralls earning a look of disgust from Mike.

"Who could have done something like this..?" Mike muttered. Though while the sight was disgusting, he couldn't have felt too bad for a guy who imitated a monster like Jason. But then the sound of a new arrival into the library quickly took Mike's attention away.

"Guys... Help..."

The voice belonged to Tommy Jarvis, although it came out in more of a croak. Likely to do with how bruised up Tommy's face appeared to be, with one side of his face swollen from repeated blows to the head. His nose was an absolute mess with blood dripping down from it. His shirt was also torn to shreds with bruises scattered all over his chest. Likely from where he'd been punched and kicked. He also seemed to have a bit of a limp to his walk.

EDVmvqt.jpg

"..."

kiri003.png

Kyoko remained silent for a moment, this time remaining so more because she was just plain speechless rather than a deliberate choice to be reticent. She tried her best to stay away from Tommy; though she wanted to investigate his condition and the machete, she wanted to stay away from sharp objects like that for a little while after her previous encounter with Roy. For the time being at least, she'd rather not take the chance that Tommy would suddenly get up and start savagely attacking everyone.

Speaking of which, she would groan ever so softly, a sharp pain emerging within her arm, causing her so suddenly grab hold of it and lean against the wall, the pale young woman having herself take a small breath. That's right... She was in such a rush to get here that she neglected to disinfect and patch up her wound. Perhaps she could rely on the others to investigate the scene while she'd have Jude patch her up and discuss certain matters with others.

Before Tommy could draw any closer to the group, he collapsed to his knees. Upon doing so however, something clattered to the ground beside him. Having come unloose from his belt, a machete - Roy's machete at that - fell to the side and it seemed to be... soaked in blood.

From behind Tommy was Bullet, leaning against a bookcase with her hands covered in blood. She waved the group off, assuring them she had no wounds. Detective Holder looked down at the dead body with disdain.

JiArZSe.jpg

"Well then."

The man took a step back, looking around the library. "Where are the people? You'd think a school library would be buzzin'."

"That would be 'cause of me!"

roLnfd6.png

Monokuma appeared, as plump and soft as ever. Holder gave a sidelong glance at those around him, as if to ask if someone was playing some kind of joke on him.

"I'm Monokuma, the new town sheriff! Don't underestimate my size, for I can go toe to toe with the best of 'em. You see, I have a sort of kill clairvoyance... I can see kills before they happen! I cleared out the library to ensure that my forensics team wouldn't have to deal with too many suspects!"

Jude was looking forlorn as he held Catbug in his arms. "This man... he was a killer. Maybe this was karma."

"Oh?" Monokuma seemed amused. "So you agree with my executions now?"

"A-Ah, no, I just mean--"

"A kill is a kill! A killer is a killer! Right? If you all want to hold on to the convictions you spew like some bratty teens, I'd say you better solve this murder too! Gather the evidence, for we'll soon be in the midst of another class trial!"

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@Chewy Rabbits as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Archwar as Noble Six "Ultimate Lone Wolf" [Original Character/Halo]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@The Spartan Potato as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​

Genji's good mood was shortly cut off by the voice that called them to the sight of the next kill. He wasn't surprised. After all, this whole thing has a pattern to it. Someone died. They checked it out. It was usually a kid or something, and... Huh? Well, well, well. It was none other than the creature from before. At least, so he thought at first. The cyborg quickly noticed the differences, from the crimson blood to the different hockey mask. This one was human. He frowned with distaste. So much for it being okay. All killers have copycats, regardless of how or why they went about imitating the other killer. Pretty reasonable to guess this was one such person. What had happened, though?

Genji shook his head. Potential killer or not, he could not say he believes this man deserved it. After all, such people were often mentally broken. Totally insane. They needed help more than a sword.
Jude nodded to Jack, deciding to give Catbug to Lapis. He wasn't entirely sure what they would do with the body, but Lapis would need some time to mourn. Looking down at the blood in his hands, the young doctor gave a great sigh.

m358eAs.png

"Jack, let's move out of the way here. They shouldn't mind if we make use of the hospital wing." He gestured to the exit of the library.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits

The cyborg cringed and felt a hand rise to cover a mouth that couldn't be seen. He took a half step back. The little animal was bizarre, of course, but it was childlike. Innocent. Good. His fist clenched in anger. Genji hoped he would get a proper burial. It was shortly thereafter that he noticed Kyoko was injured. Pretty badly, too. Something had clearly happened. Something he'd wished he was present for. If he was here... Catbug might not be dead. He went to steady their leader. "Kirigiri-san, what happened here? We need to get you to Jude."

@Verite @Crow @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @investigation

Zinnia went off like a firecracker when Jack picked her up. She squirmed and kicked her her good leg, letting her injured one dangle. She tried to speak and give him a piece of her mind, but her voice only came out in unrecognizable squeaks until they arrived to the location with the others. By the time they made it in front of Jude, Zinnia stumbled out of Jack's arms and gave him a shove, almost causing her to fall over. She stood on her good leg, slightly holding up her bad ankle so that it wasn't touching the ground.

As Jack had stated, she didn't look too well. Other than her injured ankle, she had dark bruising all along her neck, a deep cut on the palm of her right hand, and bruising on her face as well from where she had collided with the floor. Nevertheless, she stood back and folded her arms, not wanting to be touched.

"I-I won't," she finally was able to say, struggling to get the words out. "I wont' get treated until you do first, Jack! I refuse! Don't you dare help me first, Jude or else I'll bite you. Stay back."

Zinnia clenched her fists, letting them tremble at her sides. Tears glistened in her eyes. It was easy to tell that her body was not only a bit battered, but her emotions were as well. Thinking about Aster, confronting Jason again, and now the loss of Catbug was piling up on her emotions.

"I-I'm tired of all this. I can't stand seeing you hurt. Just get treated first... p-please. You have no idea how hard it is for me to look at you being wounded. I-I need you to be okay..."

@The Tactician @Atomyk
"You seem to believe that it does not also hurt me to see you so blemished as you are, nor that I need you to be okay as well."

The look of deadpan seriousness betrayed none of his emotions until his sighed in resignation.

"However, I will relent to allow you to be at peace."

With that, he readied himself to be patched up by Jude, not wishing to anger Zinnia any further.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Yurick had slowly come out of his shock at some point and noticed Jack get kicked.

With a small cough into his fist, the eyepatch wearing magic user glanced to the Guardian.

"You okay there?" he asked, deciding that questioning why Tarlotte had kissed would be useless at the moment.

@york @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Hospes
@Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Reception
Holder's brow lifted as he took in Poison's... feminine assets. "Well, well, well. Let's pretend for a moment I have no idea what you're doing. We could talk about me for a little bit and how I'm so handsome, right?" He tilted his head the side, eyes gazing toward Honda for a moment. "Oh? You guys wanna be play at junior detectives? Let's say, in theory, a connection exists, right? What does that mean? No one's talkin', but what if..."

Holder smiled as he held up some keys. "... I got a pass into the girl's dorm room?"

@Takumi @Hospes @york @Josh M @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yang Lee @Reception
Continued from here.

Twilight Update
"Karma"

Jude nodded in agreement, seeing to Catbug as Rant requested. He figured he could do something for the guy despite only being trained in taking care of people, but when he cradled the little hybrid in his arms, he knew it was too late.

"... I'm so sorry."

Doc Hayward grabbed his gun back from Rant, shooting him a dirty look as he rushed to his desk to properly load it. He managed to not get caught by the falling supplies as he chased after the masked man, following after Dan as the chase led to the library wing of the university. Bullet came running in after, after only vaguely having caught the tail end of the scene.

"What the hell?!" she yelled, staring at the double doors they had disappeared behind. "Don't you fucking--" Bullet's cry was cut off as she ran into the wing after them.

Holder winced at the sound of the gunshot going off. "Hold up," he said, putting the keys away and starting in that direction. Once he was a few steps away, an announcement was broadcast throughout the university.

"Attention, attention! I need my forensics team in the library wing! A body may or may not have been discovered! It's Schrödinger's body!"

As the group eventually met up and made their way to the library, they encountered a familiar looking corpse slumped up against one of the bookshelves. With his hockey mask laying nearby, the straps had been torn apart indicating that a blade had been behind this.

As Kyoko and the others would reach the scene, the young woman would let out a small, surprised gasp, both from the grizzly sight of the murder and the cruel irony that the man who had just tried to kill them all had just ended up dead himself, as she would lay her eyes upon the victim.

GR1RdDE.png

"It's...!"

The blue chevrons on the mask however indicated that this was not the Crystal Lake killer that the group had already fought twice by this point. No, this meant that the body was none other than the impostor Roy Burns who had adopted Jason's M.O. as a way of masking his own killing spree.

But it seemed like that after fleeing from the group someone had ended him. His head was slumped forward with part of his hood torn wide open as blood gushed out of a gash on the top of his head. The crimson liquid ran down Roy's face and stained his blue coveralls earning a look of disgust from Mike.

"Who could have done something like this..?" Mike muttered. Though while the sight was disgusting, he couldn't have felt too bad for a guy who imitated a monster like Jason. But then the sound of a new arrival into the library quickly took Mike's attention away.

"Guys... Help..."

The voice belonged to Tommy Jarvis, although it came out in more of a croak. Likely to do with how bruised up Tommy's face appeared to be, with one side of his face swollen from repeated blows to the head. His nose was an absolute mess with blood dripping down from it. His shirt was also torn to shreds with bruises scattered all over his chest. Likely from where he'd been punched and kicked. He also seemed to have a bit of a limp to his walk.

EDVmvqt.jpg

"..."

kiri003.png

Kyoko remained silent for a moment, this time remaining so more because she was just plain speechless rather than a deliberate choice to be reticent. She tried her best to stay away from Tommy; though she wanted to investigate his condition and the machete, she wanted to stay away from sharp objects like that for a little while after her previous encounter with Roy. For the time being at least, she'd rather not take the chance that Tommy would suddenly get up and start savagely attacking everyone.

Speaking of which, she would groan ever so softly, a sharp pain emerging within her arm, causing her so suddenly grab hold of it and lean against the wall, the pale young woman having herself take a small breath. That's right... She was in such a rush to get here that she neglected to disinfect and patch up her wound. Perhaps she could rely on the others to investigate the scene while she'd have Jude patch her up and discuss certain matters with others.

Before Tommy could draw any closer to the group, he collapsed to his knees. Upon doing so however, something clattered to the ground beside him. Having come unloose from his belt, a machete - Roy's machete at that - fell to the side and it seemed to be... soaked in blood.

From behind Tommy was Bullet, leaning against a bookcase with her hands covered in blood. She waved the group off, assuring them she had no wounds. Detective Holder looked down at the dead body with disdain.

JiArZSe.jpg

"Well then."

The man took a step back, looking around the library. "Where are the people? You'd think a school library would be buzzin'."

roLnfd6.png

Monokuma appeared, as plump and soft as ever. Holder gave a sidelong glance at those around him, as if to ask if someone was playing some kind of joke on him.

"I'm Monokuma, the new town sheriff! Don't underestimate my size, for I can go toe to toe with the best of 'em. You see, I have a sort of kill clairvoyance... I can see kills before they happen! I cleared out the library to ensure that my forensics team wouldn't have to deal with too many suspects!"

Jude was looking forlorn as he held Catbug in his arms. "This man... he was a killer. Maybe this was karma."

"A kill is a kill! A killer is a killer! Right? If you all want to hold on to the convictions you spew like some bratty teens, I'd say you better solve this murder too! Gather the evidence, for we'll soon be in the midst of another class trial!"

CAST LIST
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
At first, Jude had no idea what to say. He stared back at Lapis and felt his mouth go dry at the pure anguish on her face. He felt she already knew the truth, but just couldn't accept it. Jude didn't want to have to be the one to confirm it for her, but he knew he would have to be.

This was the worst thing in the world for a medical professional.

IVTDWtm.png

"... I'm sorry," Jude muttered, wincing and looking away. "But there's nothing I can do. Our friend is gone."

Holder let out a heavy sigh. He didn't really get the majority of what was going on and wasn't too keen on getting involved with whatever fresh Hell this all was. "Unrelated, but--" He held up the keys to the missing girl's room. "Figure we should still check the girl's dorm out."

@Gummi Bunnies @Everyone
Jack Frost
@Hospes @Atomyk @Others?

This particular kill was harder to solve, maybe not because of the lack of evidence but rather the circumstances that caused this kill in the first place; perhaps Roy had been killed in an act of self defense? But that would be too easy, wouldn't it? Not just that, but he had to wonder what that gunshot had to play in this; could there have been more to this kill than a simple blow tothe head with a machete? He decided he would try to investigate Roy's body first, intending to see if he could identify any other wounds, other than that gash to his head.

Something told him that the gash might have been a red herring, a clue meant to throw them off, or perhaps it might not have dealt the lethal blow at all? Hmm, it was hard to tell from the distance, so of course, he would have to get much closer to Roy's body to figure anything out for sure.​

kiri004.png

"I aim to please," Kyoko said in an almost facetious manner, though as always, it was a little hard to tell considering her perpetually deadpan expression. She grunted a bit, leaning against the counter as she'd hold her head for a moment in order to recover from the backhand that came rather close to giving her head a bruise. There was also quite a bit of blood running down her arm as a result of the machete slash that penetrated her clothes and some of her skin, but it didn't feel that deep...

At least, Kyoko didn't think so anyway.

Inhaling and exhaling, Kyoko, clutching her arm, would begin to walk in the direction that Roy had fled to.

"C'mon... We need to find where he went. And maybe we can pin him down if we run into some of the others on the way. I'm leaving Catbug in your care in the meantime, Jude. But be quick about it. There are some others that could use tending to as well once you're done with him."

And with that, she began to leave the morgue in search of Roy, but continuing to keep her guard up just in case he might be hiding around any corner for a surprise attack.

@Nater Taters @ShiroKiyoshi @Atomyk @Josh M @Kaykay @Krieg @Chewy Rabbits

Rant said nothing else as he watched her go, but raised his brow as she babied her arm and moved about the clutter. He then felt the Doc take the gun from his holster. Rant would have stopped him, but it wasn't even loaded. He saw no benefit in interacting with the man again. He watched as they all chased after the murderer. Rant stayed behind wondering why they would do such things in their conditions. The others were plenty good at combat. He rubbed his head remembering just how good they were.

"Jeez. You'd think she'd patch the thing up." Rant said to no one in particular. "Knew she was an idiot."

Rant then just sat there and stared at the operating table where Jude did the same. Rant knew he was done when he picked him up. No way the thing couldn't be. So much bloodshed it bothered him and didn't at the same time. The feeling pissed him off. He put his hands on his head and remained silent for the moment as he stared at Catbug and Jude.

Continued from here.

Twilight Update
"Karma"

"... I'm so sorry."

GR1RdDE.png

"It's...!"

"Guys... Help..."

EDVmvqt.jpg

"..."

kiri003.png

JiArZSe.jpg

"Well then."

roLnfd6.png

CAST LIST
Then he called again. Wonderful. The thing that didn't pay them to work. As the situation played out Rant instantly gained a feeling of irritation. Another murder. The first two wouldn't warrant this kind of reaction from Rant. The first two weren't the easiest of killings to swallow, but this one? Who gave a damn. He tried to kill them. Rant then looked around for Kyoko and waved to her before he called to Jude.

"Yo, Doc! This idiot didn't bandage up!" Rant's attention then turned to Kyoko. "When this is over we can talk. But, you're a smart person. Here's a hint: Two-face."

Rant then found a chair and table and took a nap.

@Verite
@Atomyk
@Library

ha2N0BJ.png

"..."

"At least he died as he lived. Surrounded by friends."

Kyoko had little to say about Catbug. It had given its life to protect her, Chikage, and the others down at the Morgue from Roy, and now it seemed like both of them were dead. She wasn't an openly sentimental or philosophical person, so forcing herself to produce words at a time like this would have been redundant, especially after many others had died in her past and she had said even less than what she said here then.

After all, death was the one equal thing about life. Kyoko couldn't find it in her to shed tears over it. Not anymore.

When Genji and Rant would approach her, inquiring about her injury, Kyoko continued to hold her arm, applying pressure to temporarily slow down the bleeding.

6qhyCMq.png

"Yeah, I'll take care of it," Kyoko said to Genji, before beginning to explain the situation, "Before he died, that man over there attacked us while we were investigating the body of Mr. Jefferson within the morgue. Specifically with the very machete that Tommy somehow got his hands on. Catbug did what it could to protect me and the others, and while we managed to drive him away, the injuries Catbug sustained seemed to be too grievous. I'm sorry."

"I had Jude look after Catbug to see if there was anything that could be done, while I went after this man, who was making his escape, to try to bring him to justice, but it looks like I made the wrong choice, since I was still too late. That's... basically how it went," the young woman explained, softly rubbing her lightly bruised face that had come about from being backhanded in the exchange.

"... As for my injuries, I can wait. The others should come first," she continued, glancing at Jack and Zinnia, whom she could assume had more pressing injuries to attend to.

@BarrenThin @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi

ha2N0BJ.png

"..."

Kyoko had little to say about Catbug. It had given its life to protect her, Chikage, and the others down at the Morgue from Roy, and now it seemed like both of them were dead. She wasn't an openly sentimental or philosophical person, so forcing herself to produce words at a time like this would have been redundant, especially after many others had died in her past and she had said even less than what she said here then.

After all, death was the one equal thing about life. Kyoko couldn't find it in her to shed tears over it. Not anymore.

When Genji and Rant would approach her, inquiring about her injury, Kyoko continued to hold her arm, applying pressure to temporarily slow down the bleeding.

6qhyCMq.png

"Yeah, I'll take care of it," Kyoko said to Genji, before beginning to explain the situation, "Before he died, that man over there attacked us while we were investigating the body of Mr. Jefferson within the morgue. Specifically with the very machete that Tommy somehow got his hands on. Catbug did what it could to protect me and the others, and while we managed to drive him away, the injuries Catbug sustained seemed to be too grievous. I'm sorry."

"I had Jude look after Catbug to see if there was anything that could be done, while I went after this man, who was making his escape, to try to bring him to justice, but it looks like I made the wrong choice, since I was still too late. That's... basically how it went," the young woman explained, softly rubbing her lightly bruised face that had come about from being backhanded in the exchange.

"... As for my injuries, I can wait. The others should come first," she continued, glancing at Jack and Zinnia, whom she could assume had more pressing injuries to attend to.

Genji grimaced. So the man had killed Catbug. With a shaky sigh, he clasped Kyoko by the shoulder, the gesture possessing a certain affection. "Don't put yourself so low in priority that you bleed to death, okay?"

@Verite @investigation

Once given the news of Catbug's passing, Lapis froze upon hearing the news upfront, even though her gut gave her feelings that it couldn't be true. It was like she wanted to deny the obvious truth, but with this, she couldn't anymore. She didn't say a word, but she silently took Catbug's body into her arms as Jude went on to help the others. She didn't want to bother the others that needed the treatment from their injuries, looking over at Catbug.

If only he were peacefully asleep... if only he hadn't gotten himself in trouble...

If only Lapis was present there to protect Catbug...

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... goddammit... I'm... so... so sorry..."

Unable to fight back tears, Lapis buried her face into Catbug's body, hugging him close to her as she fell to her knees. She didn't care if others were looking at her or anything like that, she didn't want this to ever happen to Catbug. Everything fell to silence for her, she drowned out everything else that was happening...

"Catbug... you... d-dummy... this is why I said... I didn't want to be... friends with you..."

Lapis's cries turned into near-silent sobs.

"... because I didn't want to... cry... I didn't want... to lose another friend..."

@nobody @rip @Chewy Rabbits (because you want to see this)​

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"You seem to believe that it does not also hurt me to see you so blemished as you are, nor that I need you to be okay as well."

The look of deadpan seriousness betrayed none of his emotions until his sighed in resignation.

"However, I will relent to allow you to be at peace."

With that, he readied himself to be patched up by Jude, not wishing to anger Zinnia any further.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Feeling salty tears from her eyes touch her lips, Zinnia absentmindedly licked them. After hearing Jack's words, she tightened her fists harder. "You're wrong. I-I know you care about me. S-Stupid. Maybe I'm being selfish by asking for you to be treated first, but... so many people around us keep dying! Catbug didn't deserve what he got. And... darn it, Jack, I've already lost the most important person in my life once, I'm not losing my most important person ever again! Do you even have any idea how much I care for you? I'd be a mess if I lost you."

I'm already a mess just looking at that wound on your shoulder.

S-Stop looking at me with those serious eyes.

@The Tactician @Atomyk

kiri004.png

"I aim to please," Kyoko said in an almost facetious manner, though as always, it was a little hard to tell considering her perpetually deadpan expression. She grunted a bit, leaning against the counter as she'd hold her head for a moment in order to recover from the backhand that came rather close to giving her head a bruise. There was also quite a bit of blood running down her arm as a result of the machete slash that penetrated her clothes and some of her skin, but it didn't feel that deep...

At least, Kyoko didn't think so anyway.

Inhaling and exhaling, Kyoko, clutching her arm, would begin to walk in the direction that Roy had fled to.

"C'mon... We need to find where he went. And maybe we can pin him down if we run into some of the others on the way. I'm leaving Catbug in your care in the meantime, Jude. But be quick about it. There are some others that could use tending to as well once you're done with him."

And with that, she began to leave the morgue in search of Roy, but continuing to keep her guard up just in case he might be hiding around any corner for a surprise attack.

@Nater Taters @ShiroKiyoshi @Atomyk @Josh M @Kaykay @Krieg @Chewy Rabbits

The cyborg cringed and felt a hand rise to cover a mouth that couldn't be seen. He took a half step back. The little animal was bizarre, of course, but it was childlike. Innocent. Good. His fist clenched in anger. Genji hoped he would get a proper burial. It was shortly thereafter that he noticed Kyoko was injured. Pretty badly, too. Something had clearly happened. Something he'd wished he was present for. If he was here... Catbug might not be dead. He went to steady their leader. "Kirigiri-san, what happened here? We need to get you to Jude."

8IyMcXP.webp

"I- I didn't notice!" Nono flees towards Kyoko and helps her stand, just like in her first scene of the entire fiasco. "Are you alright, Kirigiri-san?"​

ha2N0BJ.png

"..."

6qhyCMq.png

Nono nods.

m83Xs3b.webp

"If Kirigiri-san wants to go last... Morikubo thinks that... she should have someone to look over her..." Nono nods, displaying the inability to make angry eyebrows unless she took a marker and drew some. "You all... go ahead and investigate first. We will catch up soon..."

Her shaken eyes look at Holder, aka Mr Gotta-go-to-the-girl's-dorm.

"... yup, go ahead. And stay safe too."
Genji grimaced. So the man had killed Catbug. With a shaky sigh, he clasped Kyoko by the shoulder, the gesture possessing a certain affection. "Don't put yourself so low in priority that you bleed to death, okay?"

@Verite @investigation

xY5E9Hh.webp

"Morikubo agrees... you can't just... push yourself too hard... I know I've been pushing myself more than usual recently, but... you're as important as everyone else here..."

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite

@Verite @investigation
8IyMcXP.webp

"I- I didn't notice!" Nono flees towards Kyoko and helps her stand, just like in her first scene of the entire fiasco. "Are you alright, Kirigiri-san?"​

Nono nods.

m83Xs3b.webp

"If Kirigiri-san wants to go last... Morikubo thinks that... she should have someone to look over her..." Nono nods, displaying the inability to make angry eyebrows unless she took a marker and drew some. "You all... go ahead and investigate first. We will catch up soon..."

Her shaken eyes look at Holder.

"... yup, go ahead."

xY5E9Hh.webp

"Morikubo agrees... you can't just... push yourself too hard... I know I've been pushing myself more than usual recently, but... you're as important as everyone else here..."

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite
kiri008.png

Kyoko blinked in mild surprise when Genji would make such a gesture, her face even almost becoming a bit uncomfortable, seemingly not used to even being touched and reassured. His words and mannerisms reminded her of a certain young man she knew in the past, and while Genji was more... world weary, as far as her words could come to describe him based on what little she could assume about him in their limited interactions together thus far, his heart was certainly in the right place.

Tch. He really did care too much, didn't he?

That said, she cleared her throat, averting her gaze slightly.

5xdz4ZG.gif

"I appreciate your concern, but don't worry, I don't have any sort of martyr complex or Thanatos death drive," she said, "That said... Personal space, please."

Still, when Morikubo would appear and also give her piece, Kyoko would give a soft sigh.

Vys7dGn.png

"Thank you. Both of you. Maybe if I were stronger, I could have prevented these injuries, as well as Catbug's death, but there's no use in feeling remorse over what has already happened. On a more important note, once we're figure out who might have killed this man, perhaps we can then discuss what to do with it. Alright?"

@BarrenThin @Crow

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
kiri008.png

Kyoko blinked in mild surprise when Genji would make such a gesture, her face even almost becoming a bit uncomfortable, seemingly not used to even being touched and reassured. His words and mannerisms reminded her of a certain young man she knew in the past, and while Genji was more... world weary, as far as her words could come to describe him based on what little she could assume about him in their limited interactions together thus far, his heart was certainly in the right place.

5xdz4ZG.gif

"I appreciate your concern, but don't worry, I don't have any sort of martyr complex or Thanatos death drive," she said, "That said... Personal space, please."

Still, when Morikubo would appear and also give her piece, Kyoko would give a soft sigh.

Vys7dGn.png

"Thank you. Both of you. Maybe if I were stronger, I could have prevented these injuries, as well as Catbug's death, but there's no use in feeling remorse over what has already happened. On a more important note, once we're figure out who might have killed this man, perhaps we can then discuss what to do with it. Alright?"

@BarrenThin @Crow

The cyborg graciously removed his hand, glad she would not forget herself. "I would point out the obvious- Tommy- but nothing has been that simple here."

@Verite @Crow

Detective Holder flashed Nono a grim smile. "Aren't you a cute one? Missing girl, probably dead, with a dorm room that police have been too incompetent to search so far, sound good? Aren't you a little young to be here, anyhow?" Holder casually shrugged his shoulders and began to leave the library. "For now, this is none of my business. Any of you junior detectives wantin' to help me out, follow me to the dorms."

Honda found that the gunshot was easy to find, as the victim had suffered a gunshot wound to the shoulder. The source of the bullet was clear once Dr. Hayward ran into the library, looking out of breath as he held a gun in his hand.

axvwe7J.jpg

"Did you put a stop to him?" he asked.

Additional wounds on the body included twin cuts on Roy's wrists, blood spilling from them to pour into a puddle on the ground below. Aside from these wounds, Roy wasn't sporting any hidden injuries. However, it seemed that there was paint on the ground, mostly obscured by the blood. Careful examination of the paint would find that it appeared to be some kind of ritualistic symbol.

@Crow @Yun Lee @york @Investigation

Jude had gathered the injuried together and secured them a few beds in the hospital wing, close enough for him to walk back and forth between them. He started first on Jack, as requested, deciding he would leave Kyoko for last, based on her demeanor.

"This shouldn't take long," he said, making use of the hospital's supply of bandages. "Your wounds are not major."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @BarrenThin @ShiroKiyoshi @Gummi Bunnies @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Injured

Detective Holder flashed Nono a grim smile. "Aren't you a cute one? Missing girl, probably dead, with a dorm room that police have been too incompetent to search so far, sound good? Aren't you a little young to be here, anyhow?" Holder casually shrugged his shoulders and began to leave the library. "For now, this is none of my business. Any of you junior detectives wantin' to help me out, follow me to the dorms."

Honda found that the gunshot was easy to find, as the victim had suffered a gunshot wound to the shoulder. The source of the bullet was clear once Dr. Hayward ran into the library, looking out of breath as he held a gun in his hand.

axvwe7J.jpg

Additional wounds on the body included twin cuts on Roy's wrists, blood spilling from them to pour into a puddle on the ground below. Aside from these wounds, Roy wasn't sporting any hidden injuries. However, it seemed that there was paint on the ground, mostly obscured by the blood. Careful examination of the paint would find that it appeared to be some kind of ritualistic symbol.

Jude had gathered the injuried together and secured them a few beds in the hospital wing, close enough for him to walk back and forth between them. He started first on Jack, as requested, deciding he would leave Kyoko for last, based on her demeanor.

"This shouldn't take long," he said, making use of the hospital's supply of bandages. "Your wounds are not major."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @BarrenThin @ShiroKiyoshi @Gummi Bunnies @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Injured
Honda shuddered, not wanting to be around this body. Those symbols...too evil for his liking. He decided to follow Holder to the dorms.
@Atomyk @Crow

rsatWV3.jpg

"Oh no..No.."

Tommy muttered weakly as he gripped onto a nearby bookshelf and pulled himself to his feet. Although it was clear that he was in condition to be moving around, let alone standing on his own two feet. Making no notice of the machete, Tommy limped towards Lapis and Genji before putting a hand on the other man's shoulder. Tears welled up in Tommy's eyes as he brought his heavily bruised face to look up at the armored man's own.

"It's..It's my fault the killer came here. At least..One of them. I fought this guy months ago. I...I thought I'd put him behind me."

Tears streamed down Tommy's face as he leaned into Genji and propped his head on the other man's shoulder and blubbered. "He was an paramedic who lost his son! I..I tried to stop him and I thought I did! But I fucked up again and now that Cat thing's dead! I'm sorry!" It was clear that whatever horrible thrashing Tommy had gone through and this hadn't done wonders for Tommy's already shaky fragile mental state. How could he have failed like this? He couldn't stop Jason or Roy and now someone that this group cared dearly about was dead.

If only he'd been stronger, if only he had fought harder against the two hockey mask wearing killers. Then maybe this whole mess could have been avoided.

@BarrenThin @Verite
If only Lapis was present there to protect Catbug...

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... goddammit... I'm... so... so sorry..."

Unable to fight back tears, Lapis buried her face into Catbug's body, hugging him close to her as she fell to her knees. She didn't care if others were looking at her or anything like that, she didn't want this to ever happen to Catbug. Everything fell to silence for her, she drowned out everything else that was happening...

"Catbug... you... d-dummy... this is why I said... I didn't want to be... friends with you..."

Lapis's cries turned into near-silent sobs.

"... because I didn't want to... cry... I didn't want... to lose another friend..."
XDXncjQ.png

"..."

No attempt to cheer Lapis up or a joyous exclamation that he was indeed Catbug. No more sound would have come out of this strange but friendly creature. Catbug had only lived to be ten but in that short time he had tried his best not to make enemies. Life was too short to go around hating people after all. If everybody could have just stopped fighting and been friends then everybody would be happy! There'd be no need for fighting, only superheroes doing heroic things! Like saving catbugs from fires and helping old ladies across the street! Or helping an indie writer publish his own comic!

But even in death Catbug seemed happy. Ignoring the blood that now stained Lapis's chest and arms from cradling the deceased creature, Catbug's ears were down and his eyes were closed. But his mouth had ended up in a smile. No doubt his last few thoughts had been positive ones. But what exactly had they been?

~~~

Catbug could feel himself growing more and more tired with every passing second. He let out a groan of annoyance as Roy made his way off from the group. He had hurt him and Kyoko, but more importantly he had hurt someone who was friends with a lot of people in this group! He couldn't let him get away with that! But as Catbug tried to rise to all fours, his legs gave out and he collapsed onto his chest which immediately earned him a wince. The pain was immense as the gash he had gotten from Roy's machete spread across his front left leg all the way to the right leg.

"I'm sorry..."

Catbug's bottom lip trembled as tears threatened to escape from his eyes at this very moment.

7dOie3T.jpg

He knew full well he wasn't a fighter. It was why when the group wanted to spar, Chikage had taken Catbug off her head and put him off to the side. Then during the fight with Roy, Chikage had once again removed him. But how was he expected to simply sit back while his friends put their lives on the line and got hurt themselves? He may have been a pet but he was still a member of the Bravest Warriors dang it! Yet all he had managed to do was irritate Roy at the very least with his claws and teeth. He wasn't a big strong fighter like Genji who looked like someone straight out of a superhero movie! Someone Catbug would have likely wanted to emulate had he gotten a chance to speak with him some more. He wasn't a skilled martial artist even for his size like Chikage who could throw grown men like both masked jerks to the floor with no effort. Catbug would always think fondly of her. She had shared chocolate with him and had let him sleep on the same bed with her when he didn't want one to himself!

She was one of his best friends and he'd miss her dearly when it came time to go. But he wouldn't be going anytime soon. He didn't want to leave before he got to see Chikage smile again! How else would he able to tell the other Bravest Warriors about the awesome fighter girl with a great smile?

Then there was Bolin and Honda, two great people who were very friendly to Catbug! Bolin had even said they'd be the best of friends! Which meant a lot to Catbug as it meant he'd have to do very little to convince Bolin to be friends with him! He already had the same kind of thinking as him! Honda was a great guy as well. He reminded Catbug a lot of his owner and best friend Wallow! He was big ,strong, and was nice to everything and everyone he met!

But the person who had done so much for Catbug had to be none other than the very same person who often gave Catbug the cold shoulder.

Lapis Lazuli.

b2a5cff4da3008ffbdd2a00924107c46.png

From the moment she had appeared in the Bravest Warrior's invisible HQ, Catbug had done everything in his power to make her feel welcome. From hugging her, to telling her she looked like some kind of amazing superhero, to even giving her a kiss. He wanted to be Lapis's friend and was genuinely hurt when she kept her distance from him. Was it because he had done something wrong? Or because he was positive in times that didn't require it? Like during the investigations. He knew others didn't quite like it. But he knew everyone couldn't afford to be sad. Not when they were all friends.

Maybe he'd tell Lapis that he'd change. That he'd start taking things seriously. But first he just really wanted to sleep. As Jude picked him up, Catbug's face slowly settled into a smile as he closed his eyes and imagined he was being picked up by Lapis and Chikage, both of whom looked so happy to see him.

"Catbug, let's go have candy together okay? Then I can train you to be super strong like me!"

"Catbug!~"

72jLjOX.jpg

"I'm Catbug!"

Then it all went black.
~~~

sV46mQZ.jpg

Catbug's corpse had lost something in the process of being handed over to Lapis. That something was none other than Sir Jeffers who Herbert absent mindlessly stepped upon while looking over the scene. How dull, he had been expecting that Jason would have collapsed here and succumbed to his wounds. Instead it seemed to be none other than an imposter. Barely a footnote worthy of Herbert's time. Realizing he had stepped on something however, Herbert pulled his foot back and saw that Sir Jeffers had been snapped in half and one of his eyes had been knocked off.

"It seems the pet's toy is broken as well."

Not exactly one for social graces, Herbert thought very little of how offending his statement could have been as he glanced over towards Lapis. Ah, she was the one who had annoyed him earlier and attempted to assist him in the battle with Jason. It seemed she was grieving quite heavily over that abominable looking hybrid creature. Perhaps there was an idea there. Making his way over to Lapis, Herbert glanced down at her.

herbert_west_by_scottra.jpg

"Quite upsetting isn't it? To lose someone you care about so suddenly. Least of all when it's due to something you couldn't have even prevented. After all your hands were full dealing with the other brute. It wasn't as if you could be in two places in one now could you?" Herbert asked as Dan glanced over, raising an eyebrow at Herbert's statement. He had known Herbert for a long time and he knew Herbert didn't give a shit about the death of that poor cat thing. Walking over to Lapis himself, Dan tugged on Herbert's arm. 'What the hell do you think you're doing, Herbert? Give the girl some room to grief."

Angrily snatching his arm free from Dan, Herbert pushed up his glasses.

"Grieving is all and well and good. It's a natural human reaction when dealing with grief and loss. But, it's even more traumatic when it's so spontaneous. Like in the case of our little friend here, isn't it?"

'What are you looking for here, Herbert...?"

"Looking for? You misunderstand, Dan. I'm simply trying to reach out to someone in need.."

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @The Tactician

axvwe7J.jpg

Feeling salty tears from her eyes touch her lips, Zinnia absentmindedly licked them. After hearing Jack's words, she tightened her fists harder. "You're wrong. I-I know you care about me. S-Stupid. Maybe I'm being selfish by asking for you to be treated first, but... so many people around us keep dying! Catbug didn't deserve what he got. And... darn it, Jack, I've already lost the most important person in my life once, I'm not losing my most important person ever again! Do you even have any idea how much I care for you? I'd be a mess if I lost you."

I'm already a mess just looking at that wound on your shoulder.

S-Stop looking at me with those serious eyes.

@The Tactician @Atomyk
For a moment, Jack fell silent as Zinnia's tears fell like the rains of spring. He quietly listened as she admitted that he was her most precious person, confirming his earlier suspicions, and smiled in a slight manner. His eyes softened as his hand crept to hers, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I know, Zinnia."

He bit back against a wince of stinging pain, Jude's treatment not being the gentlest as he patched up his shoulder, before smiling once again.

"So please, do not deny what you feel anymore..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk

kiri008.png

5xdz4ZG.gif

Vys7dGn.png

@BarrenThin @Crow

dhG1PbW.webp

"P- personal space... right... Morikubo will give you some alone time now..." Nono utters. If there was anyone who knew about it, it was definitely Nono. If that's the case, Morikubo won't let you down! Just remember to watch your wounds... a- alright?"

She goes with the Investigation to the Girl's dorm.

"Morikubo just hopes that Kirigiri-san knows what she's doing. Morikubo has seen the strong and hardy burst before... hopefully not literally..."

@Verite

axvwe7J.jpg

ToqMTtt.webp

"I guess so..." Nono says in response to Holder, about being asked if she was too young, "but without Kirigiri-san... well... anyways, let's just go and skip the exposition talk..."

The moment Nono entered the dormitary room, she tried to use her instincts to sniff the girl's diary out. If there was anyone who knew where to hide a diary, it was Morikubo Nono.

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Yun Lee @york @Investigation

Holder brought the group following him to the girl's dorms and into one of the locked rooms.

xwNZxE2.jpg

Hands on his hips, he gave the room a look over.

ZJtpoj3.jpg

"Girl's name was Anna. One of the last to go missing, so no one barely knows crap about her. I was brought on for the Palmer girl, so there was a lot of focus there, but these other girls, man..." Holder clicked his tongue. "Fucked up. Once I figured they were all from Blackwell, seemed obvious where this was going. Town's got a secret, that's for sure."

Victoria had followed this group, though she grimaced at the sight of the room. "Gross, my room's being used for this missing girl." Holder shot her a confused look, but Victoria laughed it off. "Don't worry about it."

"Try not to go crazy around the girl's unmentionables, yo. Someone take a look at her lappy and I'll have a look for some kind of journal. Seems a little old for one, but you never know with these artsy types."

Considering Nono's apparent skills at finding diaries, she would find one under the girl's mattress. A look through would show it was sparsely used, with the missing girl having mainly used it to document some personal study notes. One entry stood out in particular, as it was a sketch of some kind.

O1Mm9rr.png

"... Was this girl weird or something?"

@Crow @Yun Lee @DormRoomInvestigation

Last edited:
dhG1PbW.webp

"P- personal space... right... Morikubo will give you some alone time now..." Nono utters. If there was anyone who knew about it, it was definitely Nono. If that's the case, Morikubo won't let you down! Just remember to watch your wounds... a- alright?"

She goes with the Investigation to the Girl's dorm.

"Morikubo just hopes that Kirigiri-san knows what she's doing. Morikubo has seen the strong and hardy burst before... hopefully not literally..."

@Verite

ToqMTtt.webp

"I guess so..." Nono says in response to Holder, about being asked if she was too young, "but without Kirigiri-san... well... anyways, let's just go and skip the exposition talk..."

The moment Nono entered the dormitary room, she tried to use her instincts to sniff the girl's diary out. If there was anyone who knew where to hide a diary, it was Morikubo Nono.

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Yun Lee @york @Investigation

Holder brought the group following him to the girl's dorms and into one of the locked rooms. Hands on his hips, he gave the room a look over.

ZJtpoj3.jpg

"Girl's name was Anna. One of the last to go missing, so no one barely knows crap about her. I was brought on for the Palmer girl, so there was a lot of focus there, but these other girls, man..." Holder clicked his tongue. "Fucked up. Once I figured they were all from Blackwell, seemed obvious where this was going. Town's got a secret, that's for sure."

Victoria had followed this group, though she grimaced at the sight of the room. "Gross, my room's being used for this missing girl." Holder shot her a confused look, but Victoria laughed it off. "Don't worry about it."

"Try not to go crazy around the girl's unmentionables, yo. Someone take a look at her lappy and I'll have a look for some kind of journal. Seems a little old for one, but you never know with these artsy types."

Considering Nono's apparent skills at finding diaries, she would find one under the girl's mattress. A look through would show it was sparsely used, with the missing girl having mainly used it to document some personal study notes. One entry stood out in particular, as it was a sketch of some kind.

O1Mm9rr.png

"... Was this girl weird or something?"

@Crow @Yun Lee @DormRoomInvestigation
"Check her laptop you say? Leave that to me!" Honda sat at her desk and, cracking his knuckles, got to work looking for anything he could on Anna's computer. With any luck he could find something here unlike with Jefferson.
@Atomyk @Crow @DRI

rsatWV3.jpg

"Oh no..No.."

Tommy muttered weakly as he gripped onto a nearby bookshelf and pulled himself to his feet. Although it was clear that he was in condition to be moving around, let alone standing on his own two feet. Making no notice of the machete, Tommy limped towards Lapis and Genji before putting a hand on the other man's shoulder. Tears welled up in Tommy's eyes as he brought his heavily bruised face to look up at the armored man's own.

"It's..It's my fault the killer came here. At least..One of them. I fought this guy months ago. I...I thought I'd put him behind me."

Tears streamed down Tommy's face as he leaned into Genji and propped his head on the other man's shoulder and blubbered. "He was an paramedic who lost his son! I..I tried to stop him and I thought I did! But I fucked up again and now that Cat thing's dead! I'm sorry!" It was clear that whatever horrible thrashing Tommy had gone through and this hadn't done wonders for Tommy's already shaky fragile mental state. How could he have failed like this? He couldn't stop Jason or Roy and now someone that this group cared dearly about was dead.

If only he'd been stronger, if only he had fought harder against the two hockey mask wearing killers. Then maybe this whole mess could have been avoided.

@BarrenThin @Verite

XDXncjQ.png

"..."

No attempt to cheer Lapis up or a joyous exclamation that he was indeed Catbug. No more sound would have come out of this strange but friendly creature. Catbug had only lived to be ten but in that short time he had tried his best not to make enemies. Life was too short to go around hating people after all. If everybody could have just stopped fighting and been friends then everybody would be happy! There'd be no need for fighting, only superheroes doing heroic things! Like saving catbugs from fires and helping old ladies across the street! Or helping an indie writer publish his own comic!

But even in death Catbug seemed happy. Ignoring the blood that now stained Lapis's chest and arms from cradling the deceased creature, Catbug's ears were down and his eyes were closed. But his mouth had ended up in a smile. No doubt his last few thoughts had been positive ones. But what exactly had they been?

~~~

Catbug could feel himself growing more and more tired with every passing second. He let out a groan of annoyance as Roy made his way off from the group. He had hurt him and Kyoko, but more importantly he had hurt someone who was friends with a lot of people in this group! He couldn't let him get away with that! But as Catbug tried to rise to all fours, his legs gave out and he collapsed onto his chest which immediately earned him a wince. The pain was immense as the gash he had gotten from Roy's machete spread across his front left leg all the way to the right leg.

"I'm sorry..."

Catbug's bottom lip trembled as tears threatened to escape from his eyes at this very moment.

7dOie3T.jpg

He knew full well he wasn't a fighter. It was why when the group wanted to spar, Chikage had taken Catbug off her head and put him off to the side. Then during the fight with Roy, Chikage had once again removed him. But how was he expected to simply sit back while his friends put their lives on the line and got hurt themselves? He may have been a pet but he was still a member of the Bravest Warriors dang it! Yet all he had managed to do was irritate Roy at the very least with his claws and teeth. He wasn't a big strong fighter like Genji who looked like someone straight out of a superhero movie! Someone Catbug would have likely wanted to emulate had he gotten a chance to speak with him some more. He wasn't a skilled martial artist even for his size like Chikage who could throw grown men like both masked jerks to the floor with no effort. Catbug would always think fondly of her. She had shared chocolate with him and had let him sleep on the same bed with her when he didn't want one to himself!

She was one of his best friends and he'd miss her dearly when it came time to go. But he wouldn't be going anytime soon. He didn't want to leave before he got to see Chikage smile again! How else would he able to tell the other Bravest Warriors about the awesome fighter girl with a great smile?

Then there was Bolin and Honda, two great people who were very friendly to Catbug! Bolin had even said they'd be the best of friends! Which meant a lot to Catbug as it meant he'd have to do very little to convince Bolin to be friends with him! He already had the same kind of thinking as him! Honda was a great guy as well. He reminded Catbug a lot of his owner and best friend Wallow! He was big ,strong, and was nice to everything and everyone he met!

But the person who had done so much for Catbug had to be none other than the very same person who often gave Catbug the cold shoulder.

Lapis Lazuli.

b2a5cff4da3008ffbdd2a00924107c46.png

From the moment she had appeared in the Bravest Warrior's invisible HQ, Catbug had done everything in his power to make her feel welcome. From hugging her, to telling her she looked like some kind of amazing superhero, to even giving her a kiss. He wanted to be Lapis's friend and was genuinely hurt when she kept her distance from him. Was it because he had done something wrong? Or because he was positive in times that didn't require it? Like during the investigations. He knew others didn't quite like it. But he knew everyone couldn't afford to be sad. Not when they were all friends.

Maybe he'd tell Lapis that he'd change. That he'd start taking things seriously. But first he just really wanted to sleep. As Jude picked him up, Catbug's face slowly settled into a smile as he closed his eyes and imagined he was being picked up by Lapis and Chikage, both of whom looked so happy to see him.

"Catbug, let's go have candy together okay? Then I can train you to be super strong like me!"

"Catbug!~"

72jLjOX.jpg

"I'm Catbug!"

Then it all went black.
~~~

sV46mQZ.jpg

Catbug's corpse had lost something in the process of being handed over to Lapis. That something was none other than Sir Jeffers who Herbert absent mindlessly stepped upon while looking over the scene. How dull, he had been expecting that Jason would have collapsed here and succumbed to his wounds. Instead it seemed to be none other than an imposter. Barely a footnote worthy of Herbert's time. Realizing he had stepped on something however, Herbert pulled his foot back and saw that Sir Jeffers had been snapped in half and one of his eyes had been knocked off.

"It seems the pet's toy is broken as well."

Not exactly one for social graces, Herbert thought very little of how offending his statement could have been as he glanced over towards Lapis. Ah, she was the one who had annoyed him earlier and attempted to assist him in the battle with Jason. It seemed she was grieving quite heavily over that abominable looking hybrid creature. Perhaps there was an idea there. Making his way over to Lapis, Herbert glanced down at her.

herbert_west_by_scottra.jpg

"Quite upsetting isn't it? To lose someone you care about so suddenly. Least of all when it's due to something you couldn't have even prevented. After all your hands were full dealing with the other brute. It wasn't as if you could be in two places in one now could you?" Herbert asked as Dan glanced over, raising an eyebrow at Herbert's statement. He had known Herbert for a long time and he knew Herbert didn't give a shit about the death of that poor cat thing. Walking over to Lapis himself, Dan tugged on Herbert's arm. 'What the hell do you think you're doing, Herbert? Give the girl some room to grief."

Angrily snatching his arm free from Dan, Herbert pushed up his glasses.

"Grieving is all and well and good. It's a natural human reaction when dealing with grief and loss. But, it's even more traumatic when it's so spontaneous. Like in the case of our little friend here, isn't it?"

'What are you looking for here, Herbert...?"

"Looking for? You misunderstand, Dan. I'm simply trying to reach out to someone in need.."

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @The Tactician

The cyborg blinked in surprise before answering as Tommy began to weep on him. He had not spoken to the boy, but it was clear he was distressed. Genji felt his heart ache again, this time for Tommy. He pulled the younger man into a hug, just letting him cry on him. "Hush now. Stop your crying, nakama. It will be alright. You didn't mean to. You couldn't have done anything to prevent this." The cyborg took on something of a fatherly tone as he attempted to steady the boy.

@Gummi Bunnies @Chewy Rabbits @Verite @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.