Status
Not open for further replies.
The reception was a hub of activity, considering anyone visiting the University came through the area. The group came up behind a man already holding the receptionist's attention, though she gave the group a perplexed look as they approached. The man talking to her would look behind himself to shoot the group a curious look as well.

YYpQKpW.jpg

After staring for a moment, the man turned back to the receptionist. "Hey, yo," he said, snapping his fingers to get her attention. "We still talkin' here."

Nigel and Shuten-Douji were already there, chatting amidst themselves. They turned to the group and Nigel murmured a, "hey."

@Yun Lee @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yang Lee @Reception

Down into the basement of the hospital wing was the morgue, where the body of Mark Jefferson was being kept. Those heading there were greeted by a doctor, who informed them that the head doctor, Doctor Hayward, was out for the moment. That didn't seem to be enough to stop them from being allowed into the morgue as the doctor then proceeded to guide them inside.

There, on a slab of metal, was a body covered with a sheet.

8vZxGEt.png

"Do you know when the doctor will be in?" Jude asked, having joined the group. The doctor shook his head before leaving, saying that he was busy.

wQXDEtb.png

"Uh..." Jude stared at the covered body, looking unsure. "It's probably not a good idea to just look at the body, I don't think."

@Nater Taters @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Josh M @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Morgue
Not wanting to talk to a rather rude young man, Honda smiled and waved to Nigel and Shuten-Douji. "Hey there!"
@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yang Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Reception

"Strange, not many universities also function as hospitals in my experience... Am I to assume that is a unique feature of your school here?" It was a novel concept at the least, allowing students to perhaps watch general practitioners at work as they prescribed medicine and diagnosed illnesses. After a moment of thought imagining the benefits of such a thing in his homeland, he shook his head and joined Zinnia in her question, "Yes, it would be intriguing to hear of it if you are allowed to speak on the subject. The medical field always provides fascinating discoveries."

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Nater Taters @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Medical Wing
tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo3_100.png

"..."

Lapis silently listened on to what was to come out of their mouths. While Dan was tolerable and genuinely fine with them being around, Herbert was the complete opposite, and that kind of attitude is what gets Lapis all annoyed and shit. All in all, Lapis didn't really care much about doing the whole investigation thing that Monokuma was forcing their group to do, and knowing how others would cover the job for her given that there was a lot of them split up and spread out in this new academy setting, she rather do other things in this time. It wasn't like the rest of the group would catch onto her mental plans as of now.

"Sure sure... you guys do that. I'm just going to do things on my own, it's sorta how I roll."

Shoving her hands into her pockets, Lapis walked off on her own from the group, going down the hallway to loosely follow after Herbert. She had the habit of snooping around before, so she wouldn't really care if she was found out to be doing this anyways.

@Chewy Rabbits @Minerva @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Medical Wing​
L3mSEik.jpg

"...Forced here? If you don't mind me asking, by who exactly??"

The only people that came to mind were government stooges who might have wanted their hands on Herbert's Reagent. Maybe the bigwigs over in Washington could perfect Herbert's serum and actually get their zombies to obey the commands given to them. Rather than letting them roam around and lash out like animals. Though the idea of this being used for warfare disgusted Dan. Herbert might have been crazy but he wasn't going to sell his Reagent off to the highest bidder or anything like that. He just wanted the achievement of being able to say he went past the boundaries of death and brought someone back to the point of life.

"...I don't mind helping you guys but you gotta let me in on the bigger picture here. Miskatonic University is a great opportunity for everyone who goes here. Our hospital wing is one of the best in the country. But don't think I've ever heard of anyone being forced to be here.."

Was this all some kind of sick joke by the Dean to intimidate Dan into ratting out what Herbert and him got up to? So he got more proof on what Herbert did so he'd have a reason to expel the two of them? He had to be on his toes here.

"....Tell me who's making you do this and I'll tell you about our project."

Having had people wanting to steal his Reagent for their own needs, Herbert was no stranger to being followed and as he neared the autopsy room, he came to a dead stop with the cart. Rapping his fingers on the handle of it, he didn't even turn to look at Lapis at first.

"Any reason why I shouldn't call security on you right now? Only Miskatonic students are allowed past this point."

Slowly turning to face Lapis, Herbert marched up to her and glared sharply in her eyes.

images.jpg

"Or are you going to be an incessant thorn in my side until you get what you want?"

@Gummi Bunnies

CKOGmuH.jpg

"I wonder what the Doctor's up to. Maybe he had to go use the restroom!"

That was often the reason why Catbug and the other Bravest Warriors had to wait for people. Or rather it was the excuse that people used when they actually had other more important things to do! But what was more important than going doodee???

The atmosphere of the morgue also kind of unnerved Catbug he didn't let rise to the surface. He couldn't let his happy go lucky demeanor fade away again! He had already cried enough tears after that last execution! But as Rant simply walked over and started staring at the body, Catbug blinked.

"He's just standing there...Staring...Weirdly..."

@Nater Taters @ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Josh M @Kaykay @Atomyk @Morgue
1871900-130696736626.jpg

"A bear that can talk."

The deadpan expression left no room for believing that the samurai was cracking a joke at the student's eexpense.​

myqlc5Z.png

Zinnia raised an eyebrow as Lapis walked off. She was about to call out to the girl, telling her it was likely a bad idea not to stick in a group, but Lapis had already gone. "Okay, don't judge me, but it was--"

Zinnia was cut off by Jack, snickering into her hand when the samurai answered. "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Right! What Jack said..."

"Anyhow, t's a long story. Don't worry about it though, we'll get out of our own mess somehow," Zinnia replied to Dan with a shrug. "Now what is the project you're working on, huh?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Nater Taters @Chewy Rabbits @The Tactician @Medical Wing​

Having had people wanting to steal his Reagent for their own needs, Herbert was no stranger to being followed and as he neared the autopsy room, he came to a dead stop with the cart. Rapping his fingers on the handle of it, he didn't even turn to look at Lapis at first.

"Any reason why I shouldn't call security on you right now? Only Miskatonic students are allowed past this point."

Slowly turning to face Lapis, Herbert marched up to her and glared sharply in her eyes.

images.jpg

"Or are you going to be an incessant thorn in my side until you get what you want?"

@Gummi Bunnies
Staring right back at Herbert, seeing that he had noticed her right away, Lapis didn't give a look of being intimidated by his words. How many times was she in this type of situation? A lot of times that she simply didn't feel the need to care.

"Depends. I don't really have anything else to do, the rest of my group is off doing the things that they have to get done, and to brutally honest, I simply don't give a shit."

Doing on what could be seen as the most nonchalant shrug, Lapis casually strolled over to the cart, a hint of curiosity on her face as a bit of light shined to the reflective surface that was her crystal mark on her left cheek.

"Can't blame a girl for being nosy and curious, right?"

@Chewy Rabbits

Corrin walked over to the Medical Wing.

"Darv, Tomoko, Sledge, do you all want to come?" She asked calmly.

@Nater Taters @Crimson Spartan @DapperDogman
"But of course" Darv replies, following behind her while glancing about slightly
L3mSEik.jpg

"...Forced here? If you don't mind me asking, by who exactly??"

The only people that came to mind were government stooges who might have wanted their hands on Herbert's Reagent. Maybe the bigwigs over in Washington could perfect Herbert's serum and actually get their zombies to obey the commands given to them. Rather than letting them roam around and lash out like animals. Though the idea of this being used for warfare disgusted Dan. Herbert might have been crazy but he wasn't going to sell his Reagent off to the highest bidder or anything like that. He just wanted the achievement of being able to say he went past the boundaries of death and brought someone back to the point of life.

"...I don't mind helping you guys but you gotta let me in on the bigger picture here. Miskatonic University is a great opportunity for everyone who goes here. Our hospital wing is one of the best in the country. But don't think I've ever heard of anyone being forced to be here.."

Was this all some kind of sick joke by the Dean to intimidate Dan into ratting out what Herbert and him got up to? So he got more proof on what Herbert did so he'd have a reason to expel the two of them? He had to be on his toes here.

"....Tell me who's making you do this and I'll tell you about our project."

images.jpg

@Gummi Bunnies

CKOGmuH.jpg

That was often the reason why Catbug and the other Bravest Warriors had to wait for people. Or rather it was the excuse that people used when they actually had other more important things to do! But what was more important than going doodee???

The atmosphere of the morgue also kind of unnerved Catbug he didn't let rise to the surface. He couldn't let his happy go lucky demeanor fade away again! He had already cried enough tears after that last execution! But as Rant simply walked over and started staring at the body, Catbug blinked.

Looking around, Darv hums gently in thought "This place is interesting indeed"
Just don't touch anything, Darv

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Gummi Bunnies
@Chewy Rabbits

Not wanting to talk to a rather rude young man, Honda smiled and waved to Nigel and Shuten-Douji. "Hey there!"
@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yang Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Reception

Shuten-Douji would take a drink from her sake plate before responding to the sumo. "Greetings, it appears you have found the hub of this particular establishment."

"Yeah I wasn't really keen on looking on another body might as well stick here for the time being."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Reception

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Atomyk
The cyborg listened in to Wanda's story in silence. He rocked back when she finished. "You did nothing. The other person did. As before, the fact that you are in control now says more than the fact that you lost it."

The next day, he fell in behind Zenyatta quietly.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M

Shuten-Douji would take a drink from her sake plate before responding to the sumo. "Greetings, it appears you have found the hub of this particular establishment."

"Yeah I wasn't really keen on looking on another body might as well stick here for the time being."

"No kidding!" Honda replied, smile leaving his face. "After the events of yesterday, it's nice to be around the living."

@Jeremi @Yang Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Reception

Down into the basement of the hospital wing was the morgue, where the body of Mark Jefferson was being kept. Those heading there were greeted by a doctor, who informed them that the head doctor, Doctor Hayward, was out for the moment. That didn't seem to be enough to stop them from being allowed into the morgue as the doctor then proceeded to guide them inside.

There, on a slab of metal, was a body covered with a sheet.

8vZxGEt.png

"Do you know when the doctor will be in?" Jude asked, having joined the group. The doctor shook his head before leaving, saying that he was busy.

wQXDEtb.png

"Uh..." Jude stared at the covered body, looking unsure. "It's probably not a good idea to just look at the body, I don't think."

Rant looked to Jude before just going to the body. He uncovered the body and stared.
CKOGmuH.jpg

6qhyCMq.png

"So much for subtlety," Kyoko simply said, though deciding to also look at the revealed body now as well.

Catbug was also still oblivious to the full concept of the situation, huh? Well, as they say, ignorance was bliss. She wouldn't bother it, nor its perception of whatever they believed was going on around here anyway.

@Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Morgue

6qhyCMq.png

"So much for subtlety," Kyoko simply said, though deciding to also look at the revealed body now as well.

Catbug was also still oblivious to the full concept of the situation, huh? Well, as they say, ignorance was bliss. She wouldn't bother it, nor its perception of whatever they believed was going on around here anyway.

"I don't have time for subtlety." Rant mumbled before casting the sheet aside. He turned to Jude and waved him over. "Doc, get over here. Let's see what we can find out about the body before the other doc comes in."

Rant rubbed his head again. Meanwhile his collar was glowing at its front where the buckle normally was. In its place however was a power button. Blinking. Rant didn't seem to notice yet.

Corrin walked over to the Medical Wing.

"Darv, Tomoko, Sledge, do you all want to come?" She asked calmly.

@Nater Taters @Crimson Spartan @DapperDogman
Tomoko felt somewhat better than she did last night, at least she was with her friends. She noticed Corrin was making her way to the medical wing.

"Hey! C-Corrin ...wait up, I'm coming with you!" She racing after Corrin, heading to the medical wing

@Minerva
@DapperDogman
@CrimsonSpartan
"But of course" Darv replies, following behind her while glancing about slightly

Looking around, Darv hums gently in thought "This place is interesting indeed"
Just don't touch anything, Darv

@Minerva
@Nater Taters
@Gummi Bunnies
@Chewy Rabbits
"I'll come as well....Though I haven't been of much use so far..." Sledge remarks following Corrin and the others to the medical wing...

@DapperDogman @Minerva @Nater Taters @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies

The conversation between the man and the receptionist was low, unable to be heard over the din of the crowd unless one specifically attempted to listen in. One girl was stepping up in line, looking annoyed at the amount of people before her. "Oh come on, are you-- Oh."

ry9Tmsi.jpg

"Hey. Wasn't expecting to run into you guys so soon. Guess it makes sense. Any leads yet?"

"H-Hey!" Jude exclaimed, holding a hand out as if to stop Rant, though he was nowhere near him as he pulled the sheet off the body. He let out a sharp breath between his teeth, hoping the doctor didn't walk in soon to find them messing with the body. His withering gaze toward Rant spelled out, 'I'll get to it.'

As for Jefferson himself, he didn't look so bad. Frankly, Jude had seen worse. "I believe Klim mentioned the victim was pulled from the lake... it's obvious now, just looking at him. Couldn't have been two long, a day or to at most-- which makes sense, considering he was only missing, at most, for two days." Jude looked over the body, delicately touching at it to assess the wounds. It was with a slight nod that he confirmed it. "Gunshot wound to the stomach. Gunshot wound to the head. Nothing else."

Last edited:
The conversation between the man and the receptionist was low, unable to be heard over the din of the crowd unless one specifically attempted to listen in. One girl was stepping up in line, looking annoyed at the amount of people before her. "Oh come on, are you-- Oh."

ry9Tmsi.jpg

"Hey. Wasn't expecting to run into you guys so soon. Guess it makes sense. Any leads yet?"

"H-Hey!" Jude exclaimed, holding a hand out as if to stop Rant, though he was nowhere near him as he pulled the sheet off the body. He let out a sharp breath between his teeth, hoping the doctor didn't walk in soon to find them messing with the body. His withering gaze toward Rant spelled out, 'I'll get to it.'

As for Jefferson himself, he didn't look so bad. Frankly, Jude had seen worse. "I believe Klim mentioned the victim was pulled from the lake... it's obvious now, just looking at him. Couldn't have been two long, a day or to at most-- which makes sense, considering he was only missing, at most, for two days." Jude looked over the body, delicately touching at it to assess the wounds. It was with a slight nod that he confirmed it. "Gunshot wound to the stomach. Gunshot wound to the chest. Nothing else."

"Guns? Now you're talking my language. The bullets still in 'im?" Rant said trying to peer over the table, but he was too short. "Hand 'em to me and I can identify them."

"No kidding!" Honda replied, smile leaving his face. "After the events of yesterday, it's nice to be around the living."

@Jeremi @Yang Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Reception

ry9Tmsi.jpg

"Finding leads... not possible for... Morikubo..."

The raspy voice emerged from underneath the table of the Reception centre.​

GCrFl7e.webp

"Ah! It's the oni again..." Nono utters as she reveals that she was hiding underneath the table at the Reception that the sofas and chairs circled. How long she was there was a story for another time. "Your cosplay looks very convincing and doesn't seem to be wearing off... what do you use? Morikubo would need a lot of courage to wear a cosplay like that..."

Oh Nono, still believing that Shuten-doji is a cosplay.

dhG1PbW.webp

After acquiring an answer, Nono turns to Genji and his Master. "Shimada-san... Zenyetta-dono... where did Kirigiri-san go?"

@Yun Lee @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Atomyk @Crow @Yang Lee @Reception

Last edited:
"Ah, no... they would have been removed during the initial autopsy." Jude looked around for a moment, his eyes landing on what he was looking for. He pulled a wheeled table close to the group, grabbing the lid off a metal container and lifting it to reveal two shell casings. Jude offered the group to take a look, where any who was familiar with this kind of weaponry could eventually determine the bullets came from a Colt M1911.

"Just look. We can't take them."

As for Jefferson himself, he didn't look so bad. Frankly, Jude had seen worse. "I believe Klim mentioned the victim was pulled from the lake... it's obvious now, just looking at him. Couldn't have been two long, a day or to at most-- which makes sense, considering he was only missing, at most, for two days." Jude looked over the body, delicately touching at it to assess the wounds. It was with a slight nod that he confirmed it. "Gunshot wound to the stomach. Gunshot wound to the chest. Nothing else."

"Ah, no... they would have been removed during the initial autopsy." Jude looked around for a moment, his eyes landing on what he was looking for. He pulled a wheeled table close to the group, grabbing the lid off a metal container and lifting it to reveal two shell casings. Jude offered the group to take a look, where any who was familiar with this kind of weaponry could eventually determine the bullets came from a Colt M1911.

Xz6tGBc.png

"Simple and clean," Kyoko simply commented thoughtfully, "Is there any idea for possible motive? If there was anything that should be on him that might be missing, we could possibly hypothesize a violent mugging, or perhaps he had wronged someone, personally or professionally somehow, that would drive them to murder."

@Nater Taters @ShiroKiyoshi @Atomyk @Josh M @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Morgue

"No need. They're from a Colt. Stomach and head? Our shooter was close that's for sure. A shot to the chest indicates sloppy aim. Headshot would be hard for him to score. Unless, the headshot was a kill secure."

Rant folded his arms and stood back. He looked around before finding a spot to sit on the ground near a wall. He fell asleep shortly after.

ry9Tmsi.jpg

As for Jefferson himself, he didn't look so bad. Frankly, Jude had seen worse. "I believe Klim mentioned the victim was pulled from the lake... it's obvious now, just looking at him. Couldn't have been two long, a day or to at most-- which makes sense, considering he was only missing, at most, for two days." Jude looked over the body, delicately touching at it to assess the wounds. It was with a slight nod that he confirmed it. "Gunshot wound to the stomach. Gunshot wound to the head. Nothing else."

"Finding leads... not possible for... Morikubo..."

The raspy voice emerged from underneath the table of the Reception centre.​

GCrFl7e.webp

"Ah! It's the oni again..." Nono utters as she reveals that she was hiding underneath the table at the Reception that the sofas and chairs circled. How long she was there was a story for another time. "Your cosplay looks very convincing and doesn't seem to be wearing off... what do you use? Morikubo would need a lot of courage to wear a cosplay like that..."

Oh Nono, still believing that Shuten-doji is a cosplay.

dhG1PbW.webp

After acquiring an answer, Nono turns to Genji and his Master. "Shimada-san... Zenyetta-dono... where did Kirigiri-san go?"

@Yun Lee @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Atomyk @Crow @Yang Lee @Reception
Honda recognized Bullet and grinned. "Bullet! Hey there! What brings you to Miskatonic?"
@Atomyk @Crow @Yang Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Reception

"He's probably wronged someone, if he has secrets that someone is willing to kill to protect." Jude looked around himself once again, scanning the room. "There should be a write-up of what he had on him somewhere-- Agh!"

Jude practically leaped away from the body as the doctor walked in. He held his hands up in a surrendering gesture. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean any harm! We're supposed to be here to see the body anyway!"

Bullet sighed, dropping her hands into her pants pockets. "One of the missing girls went here after she graduated from Blackwell. I was hoping... maybe... I don't know. I was thinking someone here might know something about her."

Status
Not open for further replies.