• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, Honda wasn't a detective or forensics expert, but these details, and that scraping, gave him an idea.

"Holy crap! I don't think he was killed here!!! With all these stab wounds, you'd think the actual scene of the crime would be bloodier!!"

That said, Honda started a hunt for any signs of a dragged body, or bloodstains, from Cabin H to Cabin I, even looking inside Cabin I itself.
@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @Investigation
Poison wasn't much for this whole playing detective thing, but what Honda said made a lot of sense. "Honda's right about that at least...but I don't get it. The kid was a bit of a pain but why would someone kill him? I just don't get it."

"Can I also say that I'm surprised and glad fingers haven't been pointed to the only black guy in this damn camp." Nigel replied off hand.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Investigation

Continued from here.

Twilight Update
"A Death in the Family"

Byakuya listened to the conversations going on around him carefully. Though there was little talk of the nature of the camp or who was ultimately behind all this, there was far less fighting going than there had been all day. It would seem that, finally, this forced coexistence was leading to some kind of cooperation. Byakuya now knew who the ones were to look out for were, those being Shane and Diana. Shane seemed the type who would never get along with the rest of the group, at least not before some major changes occurred. As for Diana, Byakuya had not the slightest clue why she seemed so hostile with him. It was a matter to worry about for another day.

"I'd like to say one final thing before we go to bed this evening!" declared the boy, standing up tall for all to see. His plate of food was unsurprisingly clean. "Tonight, our first night, is integral. Keep vigilant and keep on the watch for suspicious activity! However, do try to get a good night's rest... I will not tolerate tardiness for breakfast tomorrow morning! Attendance should be mandatory so that we may determine our plan of action for the day!"

"Riiiight..."

Diana was next to stand, smirking and staring straight at Byakuya. She looked at him as if he was totally beneath her.

RWTuOtQ.jpg

"You still expect us to hop on your command? All you do is bark and frankly, it's quite annoying. You know, I don't think I even like dogs... and I certainly can't stand ones that won't shut up. How about you take your fat mouth and your fat self and walk right into those woods. Please, never come back." Byakuya was visibly furious by the time Diana was finished. He was tired of this girl's hate for him and her distaste for working well with others. He clutched a fist and glared daggers at her, but Diana coolly brushed the boy off and began leaving the cafeteria. Her laughter echoed in from outside as she left the Visitor Center.

q3TZd4F.png

"Tch..." Closing his eyes, it took Byakuya a few moments to gather himself. He eventually relaxed, dropping his arm and opening his eyes to look around at the group. "If that will be all the outbursts we have this evening, then I think we should retire for the night."

As the cafeteria filled with the sound of scraping chairs and footsteps, Usami spoke up once again. "Don't worry, everyone! I will be patrolling the cabin area to make sure nothing fishy is going on! Please relax and have a good rest! Remember to review the notice board to make sure you know where you're sleeping!"

The students left the Visitor Center and walked into the night. The notice board still stood, the name plaques hanging from their wooden pegs...

Having fallen asleep atop Chikage's head, it was only natural that upon being told to go to their cabins for the night, that Chikage would have returned Catbug to the cabin that he had been assigned to along with Lapis and two others. Laying outside the cabin for some time, Catbug finally awoke as the earliest glimpses of sunlight began to emit down onto the creature. Sitting up, Catbug groaned as he didn't get what he wanted to do last night, which was to have waved goodbye to Chikage as she walked off to likely join her own cabin mates. What a nice friend she was!

But Catbug was still pretty sleepy. Glancing up at the cabin door, Catbug shakily walked up the stairs before jumping up to grab at the door handle and pull it open. This was going to be quite the new and exciting experience! He'd get to have a whole bed all to himself! But before Catbug could celebrate as he jumped down and entered the cabin, he noticed a figure seemingly shifting under one of the beds.

"Hm... Meow! I see someone hiding under a bed!"

Xplode+used+roll+picture+xplode+rolled+image+dude+you+re+getting+baited+_6b0ccb08359a60dc24e33dbbf0a68721.jpg

Getting on all fours, Catbug pounced forward and whatever may have been hiding under his bed was quickly alarmed by this talking creature rushing straight towards him. The stranger bolted out from under the bed, but not before giving Catbug a good clean kick to the head. "S-Stay back! D-Do you hear me I said stay back!"

Wincing and rubbing at where he had been kicked straight in the forehead, Catbug climbed atop the bed to get a good look at his assailant. It was surprising to say the least.

"You're just a little babu!"

netflix-casts-a-great-group-of-young-actors-but-stranger-things-have-happened-finn-wol-1063246.jpg

"Ba... What?! I'm no baby, I'm twelve years old, jerk! Why don't you get your brain checked out?!" The young boy snapped back, clearly looking he was quite agitated and confused with everything that had been going on. But he also realized that implying a creature that looked like Catbug might not have been the smartest move, he held up his hands. "I... I'm sorry. It's just I don't know how I got here! I'm Mike..."

"Catbug! It's nice to meet you, Mike! You're at a camp!" Catbug explained cheerfully though it still wasn't very helpful to Mike. "... I figured it was a camp! The cabins, the woods, pretty much everything about this place! I don't know what I'm doing here!"

Oh. Well, then it seemed like he was in the same boat as everyone else!

"Same! But how come you didn't try finding us, Mike?" Catbug asked, to which Mike responded derisively with a roll of his eyes. "Yeah, because when I show up in a camp and have no idea how I got there, the first thing I'm gonna do is ask some Cat... Ladybug... thing for help! Can't you just call my parents or something?!"

"No phone! Well, at least I don't have one otherwise I'd totally let you use it!" Being a Catbug meant you were quite limited on where you could store things. But he could tell Mike was clearly frightened... Catbug would have done something, if not for the sudden and scream coming from another cabin. Catbug quickly turned and raced for the door. "Come on, Mike! We need to go see what that was!" Catbug yelled, seemingly expecting Mike to just fall in line.

Were the situation different, maybe Mike would have hesitated. But he wasn't going to give up on getting out of here just because of some weird talking hybrid animal thing. Reluctantly arming himself with a pillow, Mike ran out after Catbug. The pair were completely unaware of what awaited the two of them at the scene of the scream...

EAZXwQw.jpg

As morning crept upon the camp, Usami's voice erupted throughout: "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey! Usami is happy to declare that a new day has begun! Let's face the morning sun and bring hope into our hearts!"

However, that wasn't the only thing to echo throughout the camp. There was a scream. Diana's scream, to be precise, followed by what sounded like a gunshot. Any who would rush to Cabin H would find a horrifying sight.

In the cabin was Diana, Shane, Nigel, and Mike Dawson, the group staring at the sight of Byakuya Togami's corpse. The fat boy was sitting on the floor of the cabin in a pool of blood, his back against the wall. His chin rested against his chest, his blond hair disheveled and in disarray.

"How... How?! Why is he dead?! What the fuck!"

5G3rcSw.png

"...!"

Having been one of the first, if not the first besides those who had already been residing within Cabin H to begin with, to arrive on the scene, Kyoko let out an audible gasp, displaying a rare sign of visible shock on her features when the body of their once so confident and self-assured leader would be found brutally murdered so suddenly.

Of course, it wasn't sudden at all, was it?

No, for people like her and him, these kinds of things were always bound to happen in situations like these.

Walking into the cabin in a bit of a daze was Jude Mathis, who stared at the body of Byakuya like it was some strange alien object. As if in slow motion, the buy turned to take in the room, his eyes eventually landing on one of the spectators. "You... You, make sure you bring everyone else here. Everyone has to know about this!"

Said spectator was Old Man McGucket, who said, "It's happening! The end times! I'll tell everybody!"

As the old man left, Jude started moving much more quickly, dropping down next to Byakuya to examine the body. "How could this have happened? At what time...?" As Jude pondered these questions, Nigel was next to speak up.

"Hey, no one touch the body until we figure out what the hell is going on." Nigel said this mostly to the expanding group of spectators, but he intended it for Jude as well.

"Oh...? I think it's quite clear what happened. The lion has been devoured by the hyenas," Shuten-Douji replied nonchalantly. Nigel would glare at Shuten-Douji, but didn't say anything before his attention went back to the dead boy and Jude.

"I'm a doctor!" assured the boy, glancing back toward Nigel. "I mean, I'm not a coroner... but I can do something. I have to give him a look over."

"I guess all that talk about happy days and sunshine was a bunch of bollocks, yeah?"

"Oh, no!!"

FN5hJwC.png

Standing at the entrance of the cabin now was Usami, who looked absolutely devastated. "No, how could this happen! Usami was on patrol! Usami tried to get everyone to get along! There wasn't supposed to be anything like this!" The rabbit moaned, lowering her head and covering her eyes with her hands. "Who would do such a thing...?"

A flurry of emotions hit Kyoko's head all at once. Fear and adrenaline from the realization that, as can be deciphered from a murder, there was a murderer running around, and more notably, frustration and anger for not getting the chance to discuss more with him concerning their situation, relations in their home worlds, what's been going on there, and so on.

Things that Byakuya Togami really would have discussed.

kiri007.png

"..."

Silently approaching the corpse, she knelt before him in what looked like a rare display of morose emotion for a brief moment.

"... Even to the end, for every lie you told us, even the one about who you were, the simple truth rang out very clearly that you wanted to keep everyone safe under your wing, didn't it?"

With that, she would stand up, turning to face the others when they would appear one by one at the cabin, a look of heated determination on her face.

kiri022.png

"... Listen up, everybody. There's been a tragic murder this morning, and we need to figure out who the culprit is before they can make another move. That much goes without saying," she spoke, crossing her arms as she maintained a cool, calm breath.

"In his stead, I will take his place as the leader. And we don't have time for objections."

"The first order of business is... Let's not waste any time and try to recreate the crime scene. Am I understood?"

It was all like instinct to her. Like clockwork.

Again, this wasn't her first rodeo.

By the time Kyoko was done talking, Diana had fled the cabin. Shane and Mike still remained, Shane looking only annoyed as he held a smoking gun...

CAST LIST
@Ringmaster as Ada Bartholdi "Ultimate Architect" [American Gods/Hidden World]
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@T.O.M. as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@GlassTrinity as Citizen Snow "Ultimate Snowman" [Original Character]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@CCC Kouhai as Five "Ultimate Game Master" [Zankyou no Terror]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Dec as Jacket "Ultimate Overkill" [Hotline Miami]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@Melon as Leonidas "Ultimate King" [300]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@Hazel-rah as Ringabel "Ultimate Vagabond" [Bravely Default]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@A Tiny Fool as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​
DBRV2Dt.jpg

Shane was looking away from the body, staring at a corner of the room almost distantly. He looked sullen, as if this whole debacle was a huge inconvenience. It wasn't until Jack stepped toward him with an angry gait that Shane was brought back down to reality. "Oh, hell," Shane muttered, giving Jack an angry glare back of his own. "You out of your fuckin' mind? I ain't giving you this gun. You know why? I fuckin' need it. I found it, and it looks to me we all need some extra protection now."

Jude was still intently looking over Byakuya's wounds, leaning the boy forward to get a look at his back. Though he sounded distracted, Jude managed to ask, "you found it? Where?"

Shane let out an exasperated noise as he turned to Jude. "Found it in the roots of that big ol' fuckin' tree, all right? Kept it at my bedside in case something went wrong, and well, lookie here. Some sonuvabitch killed this kid and the girl's goddamn screaming scared the damn bejeezus out of me." Shane stepped forward toward the body, pointing to the wall above Byakuya. Evidently, there was a bullet embedded into the cabin wall. "I'd like to see all o' you not have an itchy trigger finger after hearing that one scream."

m358eAs.png

Looking up at the bullet mark for a moment, Jude sighed. "It may sound hard to believe, but I think he's telling the truth. There's not a single gunshot wound on Byakuya's body." Jude shook his head, leaning Byakuya back against the wall. "No... Byakuya was killed with a bladed weapon. There are multiple stab wounds in his back."

"Well there you fuckin' go!" exclaimed Shane, turning back to Jack and the others. "Now you ain't takin' this goddamn gun away from me, you here?"

@The Tactician @Investigation

xeHztFb.jpg

"W-What the hell?! W-Why are their guns at a camp?!"

Mike hadn't arrived in time to hear Shane's explanation and quite frankly even if he had, it wouldn't have calmed him down. Going from bumping faces with some freaky talking animal to an angry guy with a gun, things seemed like they were getting worse instead of better. Clutching the pillow closer to his chest like some kind of security blanket,Mike turned and saw the corpse in the cabin and his face turned as pale as a sheet.

"Oh no..Oh nononono!"

Rushing back outside of the cabin, Mike stood off to the side as he began to wretch. Creatures, guns, and death? It's like he left home only to find somewhere even worse! Shuddering both in nervousness and fear at what was to come next, Catbug glanced out concernedly at Mike before waddling towards the body. Catbug may have decapitated the Jelly Kid but even so the concepts of death and not coming back alluded the creature's child-like mind.

"Mike! It's okay! He's just sleeping! Yup, just having a nice nap."

There was some shred of hesitance in Catbug's voice given the blood around the body. But was he saying this to assure Mike that things were okay? Or was he trying to convince himself?

@The Tactician @BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Shane gave the group a slight roll of his eyes. He wasn't sure why they so intent on pissing him off with a gun in his hands. "Don't you idiots listen?" He gestured to Darv aggressively. "He got it! Why did I shoot the gun? I thought the girl was being fuckin' attacked! She screamed so loud that she got all o' you out here, didn't she? And, hell, if you think I got the girl to scream, then go ask her about it."

Jude was still considering Zinnia's question toward him. "Hm... Well, it would have to be. The wounds are very deep, so either it was a long, pointed object or weapon... or a long, bladed weapon. Either way, I don't think I've seen anything that could fit those conditions. The forks and knives in the cafeteria are much too small." As for Sledge's suggestion of a possible struggle, Jude shook his head. "Yeah, a struggle isn't likely. He was stabbed from behind and there aren't very many other wounds on him... There did seem to be some scraping on the side of Byakuya's face, but its minor enough to not be related."

"Uuu... Uuu..." Usami was openly weeping now, having backed up into a corner of the cabin. She heard Morikubo refer to her, but the rabbit was too distraught to form words for the moment. Jude walked over to the rabbit and knelt down in front of her so that he could place a comforting hand on one of her tiny shoulders.

cgonhuI.png

"Hey, hey... it's okay, Usami. It's not your fault. We'll figure this out and make sure whoever did this can't hurt anyone ever again. There won't be anymore deaths and we'll all work it out, I promise."

"Uuu..." Usami sniffed, rubbing at her eyes with her pink hands. She slowly nodded her head, though it wasn't clear if she was entirely assured by what Jude had said. "Usami was patrolling all night... I made sure to walk up and down the trail to make sure everyone was sleeping soundly in their cabins! But... B-But..."

"The trail?" Jude stood up and walked to the door of the cabin. He looked outside momentarily before turning back to Usami. "The trail weaves through the cabins, but H and I are uniquely placed, right? They're on one side of the trail, while all the cabins are on the other side. So, unless something very out of the ordinary was happening or Usami missed something--"

"I didn't! I was being very diligent for everybody's sake!"

"Right, so... I would have to imagine the only people who could have killed Byakuya were sleeping in Cabin H, or Cabin I. Morikubo, what did you mean when you said Cabin H wasn't Byakuya's cabin?"

@The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Investigation

"You think I pay attention to her?" Shane asked Jack, eye squinting. "You think I give a crap about her? I don't know if she had a weapon and I sure as hell don't know if she used it. I only woke up when she screamed, all right?"

"Dragged or lured, huh...?" Jude joined Honda in examining the body. "Give me some time and I'll clean up the blood a bit to do a better examination." Honda would find that the limbs of the body were cold but that Byakuya's torso was still warm. He would also find there was far more blood on Byakuya's suit than around him and that the blood on his suit had mostly dried, while the blood on the ground was still wet.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Investigation
I had a feeling this would happen...

Lapis silently watched from the side to see that this had happened overnight. A murder... in a situation where people were mysteriously taken into a place with no explanation. It was a terrible feeling to know that she was in another incident like this once more. Leaving some others like Catbug on the sidelines, Lapis took a look over the scene, eyeing parts that stood out around and on the corpse of Byakuya Togami.

"Say... since the manner of this speaks to me more as a lure to move Byakuya out of Cabin I, would it be more... sensible that the culprit is most likely from Cabin H? Not to say that someone from Cabin I is out of the question, it's just that it feels a bit too much work for Cabin I to lure Byakuya over to Cabin H, kill him there, and return to their respective cabin as if nothing happened. And with the lack of the murder weapon present... such as the suspected knife, it's not a stretch to say that the culprit had disposed of the knife somehow... or rather, hid the weapon."

As some were skeptical or even overwhelmed by such a murder, Lapis only stood there and said her share of what happened, crossing her arms and waiting for the investigation to progress.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Investigation

Xz6tGBc.png

"... Hmm."

Putting a hand on her chin thoughtfully, Kyoko nodded at Morikubo's assessment. It looked like there was far more than initially met the eye indeed. That said, this needed to be shared with everyone, it seemed.

"She means that... if you were to look at the list again, you'd see that even though his body is in here in Cabin H, he was assigned to Cabin I instead, so it makes one wonder... What was he doing in here in the first place? I doubt he could have been dragged here posthumously without anyone noticing, considering his..." Kyoko cleared her throat, "... size."

"Still, good eye, Morikubo. Just stay calm and we can piece the rest of this together,"
she complimented the fearful girl.

"Now, if it's without a doubt that the culprits lie within Cabins H and I, then we still have a number of suspects. Here."

Ak3rjDe.png

"Assuming Diana and Walsh aren't co-conspiring and somehow covering this up, I think we can safely remove them from the suspect list, leaving... five suspects left. I already have a hypothesis on who it might be, but... I'll let the rest of you pick up the pieces to see for yourselves,"
the new self-proclaimed leader spoke, crossing her arms.

"Of course, as we haven't completely erased everything that we know for a fact isn't the truth, keep in mind that there are numerous possibilities. Think wisely."

@Crow @Atomyk @Jeremi @Chewy Rabbits @Everybody

"You think I pay attention to her?" Shane asked Jack, eye squinting. "You think I give a crap about her? I don't know if she had a weapon and I sure as hell don't know if she used it. I only woke up when she screamed, all right?"

"Dragged or lured, huh...?" Jude joined Honda in examining the body. "Give me some time and I'll clean up the blood a bit to do a better examination." Honda would find that the limbs of the body were cold but that Byakuya's torso was still warm. He would also find there was far more blood on Byakuya's suit than around him and that the blood on his suit had mostly dried, while the blood on the ground was still wet.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Investigation

Yurick hadn't arrived late like the others, in fact, he had leaned against a wall and just listened, eye scanning the group momentarily before looking to the ground. He's seen death and was no stranger to it, but that didn't mean it didn't disgust him any less.

Though, his job as a mercenary usually included fighting and killing monsters would of led one to believe that he was used to the sight of blood. Well, human blood, at least.

Poison wasn't much for this whole playing detective thing, but what Honda said made a lot of sense. "Honda's right about that at least...but I don't get it. The kid was a bit of a pain but why would someone kill him? I just don't get it."

"Can I also say that I'm surprised and glad fingers haven't been pointed to the only black guy in this damn camp." Nigel replied off hand.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Investigation

f3a1d24d5e257778d3d348a03d500e57.jpg

"Is such an observation necessary to point out?" Yurick asked Nigel flatly.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation

Now, Honda wasn't a detective or forensics expert, but these details, and that scraping, gave him an idea.

"Holy crap! I don't think he was killed here!!! With all these stab wounds, you'd think the actual scene of the crime would be bloodier!!"

That said, Honda started a hunt for any signs of a dragged body, or bloodstains, from Cabin H to Cabin I, even looking inside Cabin I itself.
@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @Investigation
"Perhaps we ought to also consider that one might have carried the body and changed their clothes, how ever unlikely that may seem..." Jack suggested while also joining Honda in searching for signs outside the cabin for any sign that Togami's body was moved there.

200_s.gif

"What does one's tone of skin indicate in a criminal case?"
I had a feeling this would happen...

Lapis silently watched from the side to see that this had happened overnight. A murder... in a situation where people were mysteriously taken into a place with no explanation. It was a terrible feeling to know that she was in another incident like this once more. Leaving some others like Catbug on the sidelines, Lapis took a look over the scene, eyeing parts that stood out around and on the corpse of Byakuya Togami.

"Say... since the manner of this speaks to me more as a lure to move Byakuya out of Cabin I, would it be more... sensible that the culprit is most likely from Cabin H? Not to say that someone from Cabin I is out of the question, it's just that it feels a bit too much work for Cabin I to lure Byakuya over to Cabin H, kill him there, and return to their respective cabin as if nothing happened. And with the lack of the murder weapon present... such as the suspected knife, it's not a stretch to say that the culprit had disposed of the knife somehow... or rather, hid the weapon."

As some were skeptical or even overwhelmed by such a murder, Lapis only stood there and said her share of what happened, crossing her arms and waiting for the investigation to progress.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Investigation
"But... Why would a member of Cabin H lure him to H? Would that not implicate them further?" Jack countered, honestly curious as to her explanation, "Though I do agree that the weapon has most likely been hidden... Actually, question."

He turned to Usami (if she was there, if not, instead to everyone present) and asked, "Do you recall who was the final camper to leave the Visitor Center?"

"You guys will have to search the immediate area to find the weapon... Judging by the body, the murder couldn't have been longer than an hour ago."

As Jude saw to the body some more, Honda would lead a search out of the cabin and toward the one next door. The grass between the two cabins was disturbed and there were signs of blood in the dirt. Aside from that, there's nothing to be found between the two cabins. As for Cabin I, nothing immediately stood out as out of the ordinary with a cursory glance.

As for Jack's question, Usami sadly shook her. She didn't remember at all.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Investigation

heartbroken-bolin-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30756965-620-352-jpg.114896

Before he could do so, he then noticed a scared catbug standing there as well. With a mightly scoop, Bolin held the tiny creature in his arms. "Don't you worry, little buddy, I'll take care of you. Nothing will hurt you. Everything will-will be alright." He was trying his best to choke down his tears to no avail while trying to comfort his new friend.
4561b5e7c04fdd060806012ebd2eec6e

"See? He's just sleeping! So what if he's bleeding a little? H-He's not d...e.."

Catbug couldn't force the word out from his throat. Mainly because he had never been forced to deal with something like this. Sure, he hadn't interacted much with the boy but Catbug was sure he had friends! Family who might have cared about him! So to see him like this and with everybody else scared or trying to find out why it happened, it was all a lot to take in for the docile creature. As he tried to reason with himself that the victim was simply sleeping after getting a really bad cut, Catbug was scooped off his feet and embraced into a hug.

Catbug squirmed against it until he felt tears running down his wings and he heard the familiar voice.

"B-Bolin? Why are you crying? I'm fine! We're fine! We're...all fine..."

Catbug could feel his own eyes getting misty and all for a person he barely knew. It also didn't help that Bolin was so distraught over this. Leaning into the hug, Catbug's wings began to flutter as he cried.

"I won't let anything happen to you either, Bolin! You're all my friends here! You, Chikage, Lapis, everyone!"

But Catbug wasn't the one who needed help. Gently trying to break the hug, Catbug glanced around for where Mike had gone. He didn't seem to like Catbugs but even so, he couldn't go without a friend! Not after what happened right now...
A bald robot man with old, monk-looking pants, wearing sandals.

"Before you ask, I am indeed a robot," Zenyatta would quickly interrupt Mike before he would panic even further at the presence of the humanoid machine, "But, that is not important. What is important, is that you must calm down, young one."

Zenyatta spoke in his most calming voice, keeping some distance between himself and the boy, trying his best not to provoke him or induce further panic. As far as Mike was concerned, the robot didn't look like he was trying to kill him or grab him, and he didn't seem like the typical "BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE" robot.
Having finished throwing up his lunch, Mike turned to see who or what had addressed him and he nearly screamed again. But cupping a hand over his mouth, Mike stepped back further and further from Zenyatta until he tripped onto his rear. Clutching onto the dirt, he began to scoot back as he glanced up at the robot that was addressing him.

PEBxV9V.jpg

"R-Right. I'm supposed to just calm down when their's weird ladybug cat things and dead bodies around? Not to mention that I still don't even know how I got here.." Mike snapped back as he rose back to his feet but kept some distance between him and Zenyatta. "W-Why do you even care about me anyway, robot? Are you like C-3PO or something?" Oooh, dated 80s references here we gooo.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies

Yurick hadn't arrived late like the others, in fact, he had leaned against a wall and just listened, eye scanning the group momentarily before looking to the ground. He's seen death and was no stranger to it, but that didn't mean it didn't disgust him any less.

Though, his job as a mercenary usually included fighting and killing monsters would of led one to believe that he was used to the sight of blood. Well, human blood, at least.

f3a1d24d5e257778d3d348a03d500e57.jpg

"Is such an observation necessary to point out?" Yurick asked Nigel flatly.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation
"Perhaps we ought to also consider that one might have carried the body and changed their clothes, how ever unlikely that may seem..." Jack suggested while also joining Honda in searching for signs outside the cabin for any sign that Togami's body was moved there.

200_s.gif

"But... Why would a member of Cabin H lure him to H? Would that not implicate them further?" Jack countered, honestly curious as to her explanation, "Though I do agree that the weapon has most likely been hidden... Actually, question."

He turned to Usami (if she was there, if not, instead to everyone present) and asked, "Do you recall who was the final camper to leave the Visitor Center?"

Nigel kind of had to chuckle at that. "Well, you'd be surprised." He remarked. "Anyway from what I remember from the night is me sleeping like a baby when I got to the cabin."

Shuten-Douji would meanwhile hover over the body. "Oh my, stabbed for what? Acting like the figure head? Some people just don't like to be controlled."

"That doesn't excuse someone to murder someone..." Neon Katt replied. "There had to be something more...right?"

"You guys will have to search the immediate area to find the weapon... Judging by the body, the murder couldn't have been longer than an hour ago."

As Jude saw to the body some more, Honda would lead a search out of the cabin and toward the one next door. The grass between the two cabins was disturbed and there were signs of blood in the dirt. Aside from that, there's nothing to be found between the two cabins. As for Cabin I, nothing immediately stood out as out of the ordinary with a cursory glance.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Investigation

Poison walked into the cabin quietly whipping the riding crop back and forth as her eyes narrowed. "I mean I can't see anything...should we just start trashing the place just in case?"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: thatguyinthestore

200_s.gif

"If my experience in something like this... all of this murder stuff... helps, sometimes making it seem obvious strays away suspicion is the mindset of a killer. Obvious sometimes equals too good to be true to us, and it leads us to go for the least likely out of curiosity. But until we get more info, all I could do here is go on with the possibilities, and in times like this, don't leave out all of the possibilities..."

Lapis sighed in response to Jack, seeming to have a lot to say in terms of this situation. However, with the new pieces of evidence to be seen, Lapis narrowed her eyes at the supposed spot that Byakuya had been killed.

"... Though, if that's where he was killed, then whoever did it... they didn't want to go through all of the trouble to label either cabin with the most suspicion with the placement of the kill. Either way... I'm going to look for the weapon, and since it was approximately an hour since this happened, the weapon has to be nearby. The killer didn't have much time to go hide it away from us that well, most likely."

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @Investigation

Nigel kind of had to chuckle at that. "Well, you'd be surprised." He remarked. "Anyway from what I remember from the night is me sleeping like a baby when I got to the cabin."

Shuten-Douji would meanwhile hover over the body. "Oh my, stabbed for what? Acting like the figure head? Some people just don't like to be controlled."

"That doesn't excuse someone to murder someone..." Neon Katt replied. "There had to be something more...right?"

Poison walked into the cabin quietly whipping the riding crop back and forth as her eyes narrowed. "I mean I can't see anything...should we just start trashing the place just in case?"

"If my experience in something like this... all of this murder stuff... helps, sometimes making it seem obvious strays away suspicion is the mindset of a killer. Obvious sometimes equals too good to be true to us, and it leads us to go for the least likely out of curiosity. But until we get more info, all I could do here is go on with the possibilities, and in times like this, don't leave out all of the possibilities..."

Lapis sighed in response to Jack, seeming to have a lot to say in terms of this situation. However, with the new pieces of evidence to be seen, Lapis narrowed her eyes at the supposed spot that Byakuya had been killed.

"... Though, if that's where he was killed, then whoever did it... they didn't want to go through all of the trouble to label either cabin with the most suspicion with the placement of the kill. Either way... I'm going to look for the weapon, and since it was approximately an hour since this happened, the weapon has to be nearby. The killer didn't have much time to go hide it away from us that well, most likely."

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @Investigation

"Hmm... Have we also considered that the killer might have also been injured?" Jack suggested after they discovered the blood outside before nodding at Poison's suggestion and Lapis's dedication, "Let us begin to search for the weapon then. However, do not destroy the cabin, please, as there are still individuals here who must sleep here."

Yurick didn't have much to say to Nigel after that.

Giving a simple nod to Nigel, Yurick would push himself off of the wall and went to go look for the weapon.

"Hmm... Have we also considered that the killer might have also been injured?" Jack suggested after they discovered the blood outside before nodding at Poison's suggestion and Lapis's dedication, "Let us begin to search for the weapon then. However, do not destroy the cabin, please, as there are still individuals here who must sleep here."

"Would said injury be something that could easily be hidden from view if that was the case?" Yurick asked Jack, curiously.

He, personally, wouldn't be knee deep in investigating. But, he knew that if Zael was here the older male would of most likely gotten Yurick involved somehow.

NJGv7bg.jpg

Zinnia nodded in agreement with Jude. "Good, that's just what I was saying. Once we find the weapon, it should make a few more things clear to us." With that, the lorekeeper followed Jude out of the cabin to search for the murder weapon with the others.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Investigation​

4561b5e7c04fdd060806012ebd2eec6e

"See? He's just sleeping! So what if he's bleeding a little? H-He's not d...e.."

Catbug couldn't force the word out from his throat. Mainly because he had never been forced to deal with something like this. Sure, he hadn't interacted much with the boy but Catbug was sure he had friends! Family who might have cared about him! So to see him like this and with everybody else scared or trying to find out why it happened, it was all a lot to take in for the docile creature. As he tried to reason with himself that the victim was simply sleeping after getting a really bad cut, Catbug was scooped off his feet and embraced into a hug.

Catbug squirmed against it until he felt tears running down his wings and he heard the familiar voice.

"B-Bolin? Why are you crying? I'm fine! We're fine! We're...all fine..."

Catbug could feel his own eyes getting misty and all for a person he barely knew. It also didn't help that Bolin was so distraught over this. Leaning into the hug, Catbug's wings began to flutter as he cried.

"I won't let anything happen to you either, Bolin! You're all my friends here! You, Chikage, Lapis, everyone!"

But Catbug wasn't the one who needed help. Gently trying to break the hug, Catbug glanced around for where Mike had gone. He didn't seem to like Catbugs but even so, he couldn't go without a friend! Not after what happened right now...

Having finished throwing up his lunch, Mike turned to see who or what had addressed him and he nearly screamed again. But cupping a hand over his mouth, Mike stepped back further and further from Zenyatta until he tripped onto his rear. Clutching onto the dirt, he began to scoot back as he glanced up at the robot that was addressing him.

PEBxV9V.jpg

"R-Right. I'm supposed to just calm down when their's weird ladybug cat things and dead bodies around? Not to mention that I still don't even know how I got here.." Mike snapped back as he rose back to his feet but kept some distance between him and Zenyatta. "W-Why do you even care about me anyway, robot? Are you like C-3PO or something?" Oooh, dated 80s references here we gooo.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies

Zenyatta would respectfully avoid approaching the boy further, as he seemed fearful of the machine. He wouldn't be the first to react this way...nor, would he ever be the last.

Zenyatta would kneel down, his expressionless face-plate on the same level as the human boys. The robots face looked like there was no attempt to make it emulate a human face, but it seemed to have the same general shape. The two lines in its center resembled shut eyes, and the line where the white, metal plating conflicted with the golden part formed some kind of mouth-looking shape, complete with a golden chin. The nine dots organized on its forehead looked almost like a tattoo, at least, before Mike noticed that they glow like bright, mechanical lights.

"Let us start from the beginning; what is your name?"

Zenyatta tilted his head slightly as he asked the boy his name, before raising his hand and resting it on his own chest.

"Mine is Zenyatta."

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Crow @Takumi @BarrenThin @Yang Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation

Cabin I looked relatively undisturbed. There were four beds where the four occupants had slept. Each had a few belongings by the bedside, contained inside the leather bags they received from Usami. One bed was missing its belongings, however.

"By m'beard, that was where Byaku-somethin'-somethin' slept!" exclaimed McGucket, moving to stand by his own bed. "And his stuff's all gone! And least I still got me sweetbread!" Lifting his own leather bag, McGucket sat down on his bed and placed it in his lap. "Gotta have my sweetbread!"

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Investigation

Cabin I looked relatively undisturbed. There were four beds where the four occupants had slept. Each had a few belongings by the bedside, contained inside the leather bags they received from Usami. One bed was missing its belongings, however.

"By m'beard, that was where Byaku-somethin'-somethin' slept!" exclaimed McGucket, moving to stand by his own bed. "And his stuff's all gone! And least I still got me sweetbread!" Lifting his own leather bag, McGucket sat down on his bed and placed it in his lap. "Gotta have my sweetbread!"

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Investigation
"Hmmm..." Darv narrows his eyes slightly, noting the distinct lack of possessions near the victim's bed "Why would a person bother cleaning out his personal effects?"
"Not only is it a waste of time...But would that not put the killer at more risk of being spotted?"

@Investigation​

Yurick didn't have much to say to Nigel after that.

Giving a simple nod to Nigel, Yurick would push himself off of the wall and went to go look for the weapon.

"Would said injury be something that could easily be hidden from view if that was the case?" Yurick asked Jack, curiously.

He, personally, wouldn't be knee deep in investigating. But, he knew that if Zael was here the older male would of most likely gotten Yurick involved somehow.

NJGv7bg.jpg

Zinnia nodded in agreement with Jude. "Good, that's just what I was saying. Once we find the weapon, it should make a few more things clear to us." With that, the lorekeeper followed Jude out of the cabin to search for the murder weapon with the others.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Investigation​

Just as Byakuya's life was gone, the same fell upon his own belongings. Judging from how Cabin I didn't have much to be concerned about, this one detail bothered Lapis.

"I'm going to take a shot in the dark to say that whoever lured Byakuya out, because the looks of this cabin rule out the possibility of Byakuya being dragged out, they must've convinced him to go and bring along his belongings. When Byakuya was killed, the culprit must've used the bag of his belongings to hide the murder weapon... and then hide the bag itself somewhere... that's the only way I'm seeing this all play out, to be honest."
"Hmmm..." Darv narrows his eyes slightly, noting the distinct lack of possessions near the victim's bed "Why would a person bother cleaning out his personal effects?"
"Not only is it a waste of time...But would that not put the killer at more risk of being spotted?"

@Investigation​
"It's exactly why I suspect that the culprit must've convinced him to bring his stuff with him, most likely under the ruse to work along with the leader closely... and to kill him once brought outside. It's just too risky to say that the killer of going into the cabin to get the stuff relating to the victim, and even if Byakuya was killed and his stuff was left in the cabin, there's no other reason to have the killer go back there to clean it all out."

Lapis expanded on her reasoning as to how this played out, going off with the suspicions that Darv had as well. It was only that logical to think that way, to her at least. By that logic, however, Lapis immediately left the interior of Cabin I, aiming to look around the surrounding outside area for any more evidence. The murder was done an hour ago, and so, something had to be hidden, and if not, a single sign of disturbance would be good enough.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Investigation

"So which bed was fat kids again?" Poison asked before McGucket did just that. "Huh..." She made her way towards the bed and gave it a look over. "Ugh...well..." Poison would move away the blanket to see if there was anything worth investigating.

Removing the blanket, Poison would find... a plain white sheet underneath. It looked relatively undisturbed. Pretty clean sheet, except for a few dirty spots at the center.

Lapis moved around Cabin I, she would spot tracks in the dirt, looking like something on wheels was pushed around the back of the cabin. These tracks disappeared around the front of Cabin H, where the blood spots were found. If Lapis were to search the edge of the nearby forest, she would find a flatbed cart discarded in the bushes.

Removing the blanket, Poison would find... a plain white sheet underneath. It looked relatively undisturbed. Pretty clean sheet, except for a few dirty spots at the center.

Lapis moved around Cabin I, she would spot tracks in the dirt, looking like something on wheels was pushed around the back of the cabin. These tracks disappeared around the front of Cabin H, where the blood spots were found. If Lapis were to search the edge of the nearby forest, she would find a flatbed cart discarded in the bushes.

"...Why am I doing this? I'm not a cop." Poison groaned to herself. "Bed looks clean enough...except for whatever these dirty spots in the center is. You think he smuggled some chocolate with him?"

A cart huh? That probably would explain on how the corpse was dragged to where they had found it not too long ago. Not being the type to keep info on herself, Lapis let out a loud whistle just to call the others over to what she had discovered. While the others were coming up to see what she had found, Lapis went to see if there was anything left on flatbed cart that could be of use to the investigation.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Investigation

Twilight Update
"A Death in the Family"

Byakuya listened to the conversations going on around him carefully. Though there was little talk of the nature of the camp or who was ultimately behind all this, there was far less fighting going than there had been all day. It would seem that, finally, this forced coexistence was leading to some kind of cooperation. Byakuya now knew who the ones were to look out for were, those being Shane and Diana. Shane seemed the type who would never get along with the rest of the group, at least not before some major changes occurred. As for Diana, Byakuya had not the slightest clue why she seemed so hostile with him. It was a matter to worry about for another day.

"I'd like to say one final thing before we go to bed this evening!" declared the boy, standing up tall for all to see. His plate of food was unsurprisingly clean. "Tonight, our first night, is integral. Keep vigilant and keep on the watch for suspicious activity! However, do try to get a good night's rest... I will not tolerate tardiness for breakfast tomorrow morning! Attendance should be mandatory so that we may determine our plan of action for the day!"

"Riiiight..."

Diana was next to stand, smirking and staring straight at Byakuya. She looked at him as if he was totally beneath her.

RWTuOtQ.jpg

"You still expect us to hop on your command? All you do is bark and frankly, it's quite annoying. You know, I don't think I even like dogs... and I certainly can't stand ones that won't shut up. How about you take your fat mouth and your fat self and walk right into those woods. Please, never come back." Byakuya was visibly furious by the time Diana was finished. He was tired of this girl's hate for him and her distaste for working well with others. He clutched a fist and glared daggers at her, but Diana coolly brushed the boy off and began leaving the cafeteria. Her laughter echoed in from outside as she left the Visitor Center.

q3TZd4F.png

"Tch..." Closing his eyes, it took Byakuya a few moments to gather himself. He eventually relaxed, dropping his arm and opening his eyes to look around at the group. "If that will be all the outbursts we have this evening, then I think we should retire for the night."

As the cafeteria filled with the sound of scraping chairs and footsteps, Usami spoke up once again. "Don't worry, everyone! I will be patrolling the cabin area to make sure nothing fishy is going on! Please relax and have a good rest! Remember to review the notice board to make sure you know where you're sleeping!"

The students left the Visitor Center and walked into the night. The notice board still stood, the name plaques hanging from their wooden pegs...

Having fallen asleep atop Chikage's head, it was only natural that upon being told to go to their cabins for the night, that Chikage would have returned Catbug to the cabin that he had been assigned to along with Lapis and two others. Laying outside the cabin for some time, Catbug finally awoke as the earliest glimpses of sunlight began to emit down onto the creature. Sitting up, Catbug groaned as he didn't get what he wanted to do last night, which was to have waved goodbye to Chikage as she walked off to likely join her own cabin mates. What a nice friend she was!

But Catbug was still pretty sleepy. Glancing up at the cabin door, Catbug shakily walked up the stairs before jumping up to grab at the door handle and pull it open. This was going to be quite the new and exciting experience! He'd get to have a whole bed all to himself! But before Catbug could celebrate as he jumped down and entered the cabin, he noticed a figure seemingly shifting under one of the beds.

"Hm... Meow! I see someone hiding under a bed!"

Xplode+used+roll+picture+xplode+rolled+image+dude+you+re+getting+baited+_6b0ccb08359a60dc24e33dbbf0a68721.jpg

Getting on all fours, Catbug pounced forward and whatever may have been hiding under his bed was quickly alarmed by this talking creature rushing straight towards him. The stranger bolted out from under the bed, but not before giving Catbug a good clean kick to the head. "S-Stay back! D-Do you hear me I said stay back!"

Wincing and rubbing at where he had been kicked straight in the forehead, Catbug climbed atop the bed to get a good look at his assailant. It was surprising to say the least.

"You're just a little babu!"

netflix-casts-a-great-group-of-young-actors-but-stranger-things-have-happened-finn-wol-1063246.jpg

"Ba... What?! I'm no baby, I'm twelve years old, jerk! Why don't you get your brain checked out?!" The young boy snapped back, clearly looking he was quite agitated and confused with everything that had been going on. But he also realized that implying a creature that looked like Catbug might not have been the smartest move, he held up his hands. "I... I'm sorry. It's just I don't know how I got here! I'm Mike..."

"Catbug! It's nice to meet you, Mike! You're at a camp!" Catbug explained cheerfully though it still wasn't very helpful to Mike. "... I figured it was a camp! The cabins, the woods, pretty much everything about this place! I don't know what I'm doing here!"

Oh. Well, then it seemed like he was in the same boat as everyone else!

"Same! But how come you didn't try finding us, Mike?" Catbug asked, to which Mike responded derisively with a roll of his eyes. "Yeah, because when I show up in a camp and have no idea how I got there, the first thing I'm gonna do is ask some Cat... Ladybug... thing for help! Can't you just call my parents or something?!"

"No phone! Well, at least I don't have one otherwise I'd totally let you use it!" Being a Catbug meant you were quite limited on where you could store things. But he could tell Mike was clearly frightened... Catbug would have done something, if not for the sudden and scream coming from another cabin. Catbug quickly turned and raced for the door. "Come on, Mike! We need to go see what that was!" Catbug yelled, seemingly expecting Mike to just fall in line.

Were the situation different, maybe Mike would have hesitated. But he wasn't going to give up on getting out of here just because of some weird talking hybrid animal thing. Reluctantly arming himself with a pillow, Mike ran out after Catbug. The pair were completely unaware of what awaited the two of them at the scene of the scream...

EAZXwQw.jpg

As morning crept upon the camp, Usami's voice erupted throughout: "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey! Usami is happy to declare that a new day has begun! Let's face the morning sun and bring hope into our hearts!"

However, that wasn't the only thing to echo throughout the camp. There was a scream. Diana's scream, to be precise, followed by what sounded like a gunshot. Any who would rush to Cabin H would find a horrifying sight.

In the cabin was Diana, Shane, Nigel, and Mike Dawson, the group staring at the sight of Byakuya Togami's corpse. The fat boy was sitting on the floor of the cabin in a pool of blood, his back against the wall. His chin rested against his chest, his blond hair disheveled and in disarray.

"How... How?! Why is he dead?! What the fuck!"

5G3rcSw.png

"...!"

Having been one of the first, if not the first besides those who had already been residing within Cabin H to begin with, to arrive on the scene, Kyoko let out an audible gasp, displaying a rare sign of visible shock on her features when the body of their once so confident and self-assured leader would be found brutally murdered so suddenly.

Of course, it wasn't sudden at all, was it?

No, for people like her and him, these kinds of things were always bound to happen in situations like these.

Walking into the cabin in a bit of a daze was Jude Mathis, who stared at the body of Byakuya like it was some strange alien object. As if in slow motion, the buy turned to take in the room, his eyes eventually landing on one of the spectators. "You... You, make sure you bring everyone else here. Everyone has to know about this!"

Said spectator was Old Man McGucket, who said, "It's happening! The end times! I'll tell everybody!"

As the old man left, Jude started moving much more quickly, dropping down next to Byakuya to examine the body. "How could this have happened? At what time...?" As Jude pondered these questions, Nigel was next to speak up.

"Hey, no one touch the body until we figure out what the hell is going on." Nigel said this mostly to the expanding group of spectators, but he intended it for Jude as well.

"Oh...? I think it's quite clear what happened. The lion has been devoured by the hyenas," Shuten-Douji replied nonchalantly. Nigel would glare at Shuten-Douji, but didn't say anything before his attention went back to the dead boy and Jude.

"I'm a doctor!" assured the boy, glancing back toward Nigel. "I mean, I'm not a coroner... but I can do something. I have to give him a look over."

"I guess all that talk about happy days and sunshine was a bunch of bollocks, yeah?"

"Oh, no!!"

FN5hJwC.png

Standing at the entrance of the cabin now was Usami, who looked absolutely devastated. "No, how could this happen! Usami was on patrol! Usami tried to get everyone to get along! There wasn't supposed to be anything like this!" The rabbit moaned, lowering her head and covering her eyes with her hands. "Who would do such a thing...?"

A flurry of emotions hit Kyoko's head all at once. Fear and adrenaline from the realization that, as can be deciphered from a murder, there was a murderer running around, and more notably, frustration and anger for not getting the chance to discuss more with him concerning their situation, relations in their home worlds, what's been going on there, and so on.

Things that Byakuya Togami really would have discussed.

kiri007.png

"..."

Silently approaching the corpse, she knelt before him in what looked like a rare display of morose emotion for a brief moment.

"... Even to the end, for every lie you told us, even the one about who you were, the simple truth rang out very clearly that you wanted to keep everyone safe under your wing, didn't it?"

With that, she would stand up, turning to face the others when they would appear one by one at the cabin, a look of heated determination on her face.

kiri022.png

"... Listen up, everybody. There's been a tragic murder this morning, and we need to figure out who the culprit is before they can make another move. That much goes without saying," she spoke, crossing her arms as she maintained a cool, calm breath.

"In his stead, I will take his place as the leader. And we don't have time for objections."

"The first order of business is... Let's not waste any time and try to recreate the crime scene. Am I understood?"

It was all like instinct to her. Like clockwork.

Again, this wasn't her first rodeo.

By the time Kyoko was done talking, Diana had fled the cabin. Shane and Mike still remained, Shane looking only annoyed as he held a smoking gun...

CAST LIST
@Ringmaster as Ada Bartholdi "Ultimate Architect" [American Gods/Hidden World]
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@T.O.M. as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@GlassTrinity as Citizen Snow "Ultimate Snowman" [Original Character]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@CCC Kouhai as Five "Ultimate Game Master" [Zankyou no Terror]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Dec as Jacket "Ultimate Overkill" [Hotline Miami]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@Melon as Leonidas "Ultimate King" [300]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@Hazel-rah as Ringabel "Ultimate Vagabond" [Bravely Default]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@A Tiny Fool as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​
Stiles awoke to a scream and he groaned. Screams were never a good thing, especially if it was in place of an actual wake-up call. Lydia screamed when someone was about to die- had someone died? Then he remembered- he was in a strange camp... but perhaps someone had died. He arrived at the scene of the crime and quietly looked back at all the clues that were amassing and he was gathering it. He arrived at Cabin I and decided to inspect the spots on the bed that posion had pointed out, he had learned that the littlest things mattered when it came to a murder.

@Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @BarrenThin @Chewy Rabbits @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Yang Lee @Takumi @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.