Murder Game XI: The War of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Lake

Shizuo's words made Kofuku stop abruptly in her tracks, her cheery demeanor vanishing into the air.

tumblr_nw14i52M2c1utt0pgo2_250.gif

"N-no oranges...?" she repeated, sounding utterly heartbroken at the suggestion alone. She was so caught up in her sadness with this that she failed to really take note of the girl rising from the lake.

For now, ignoring Kofuku was probably the best bet. Or just telling her that oranges were okay, Shizuo. >:c Instead, it was better to take a peek around, right? The lake was nice, looking to be pure and clean. Almost unnaturally so. The 'sun' caused the water's surface to glimmer beautifully, and it was tempting to just bask in the beauty of the sight. There were some beautiful ponies by the water grazing idly, a beautiful young woman sitting on a rock and kicking her legs idly, and what seemed as though it might've been some sort of underwater cove.

@Lizzy @The Tactician @Atomyk @The Great Detective @The Lake
055.png

"... Fine, but no oranges from that one vault. I'm not losing you guys to the Reapers because oranges."

tiny.jpg

Smiling pleasantly as they walked along, Kofuku didn't seem at all hesitant to chat it up with her two companions. "So, who wants some tea when we're done here~?" she inquired lightheartedly, seeming as though she wasn't weighed down by their dire situation. Either that, or she was pushing it to the back of her mind - or perhaps just trying to lighten the mood.

@The Tactician @The Great Detective @The Lake​
095.png

"As long it's not any kind of orange tea. Honestly, no more damn oranges at all."

Yes, Shizuo was now going to be distrustful of anything orange related. After what just happened, he didn't feel any sort of guilt for his suspicion. "Though maybe something sweet would be good with the tea?" He absentmindedly suggested as he gave Kofuku a pat on the head, as if to say he didn't blame her for the orange incident.

"Who knows? I've got a feeling that digging deeper would only cause us a headache at the moment. We'll deal with it if," Once, "it comes up."

@The Great Detective @Hospes
For Toboe it took a while for consciousness to set in. But once it did he stumbled to his feet and shook his head.

wolf__s_rain_toboe_by_iraynebow-d2z1oka.png

Once he saw Kofuku and crew headed towards the lake he excitedly ran after them, his pup like mannerisms beginning to show through.
As Lieutenant Steve Cortez got to his feet -- blue eyes blinking up at an even more blue sky and lungs breathing in air that felt so real -- he realized that the Alliance handbook had nothing to say about any of this.

kKesbxe.png

Not that any amount of training could have prepared them for the Reapers, let alone a mysterious virtual reality created by the man who was leading them. Steve knew he was a good soldier and an even better pilot, but he also knew there were better men and women out there. Why did it so happen that he was here in the heart of it all, when so many others were either dead or fleeing? His talents weren't even being put to use here. Sure, he could shoot just as well as anybody else on the Normandy, but flying was where he felt alive-- It was just a shame the shuttle had to stay docked on the Normandy for now. Being on the ground with the rest of the Normandy's crew was not something Steve was used to, and the experience put him ill at ease.

Not that it would stop him from doing what was necessary. Steve respected Shepard as a friend above all others and he would follow her into the pits of Hell if he had to.

"Cortez, you're with me," came Major Kaidan Alenko's voice, the man sounding almost strained. Steve turned to him and watched as Kaidan delicately touched at his forehead, seemingly in awe at what he felt. The Lieutenant imagined it had something to do with the man's Bio-amps, leaving him to wonder what kind of effects Eden had on biotics like Kaidan. Or, well, anyone with powers, really. People from all kinds of worlds were here, after all. Steve watched as Kaidan proceeded to shake himself slightly, still getting used to the feeling of being within this virtual space.

With an amused smile, Cortez nodded graciously. "Yes, sir."

Adopting a tighter and more assured stance, Kaidan nodded toward the village. He stepped in behind Emmeryn, Bane, and the others, with Steve following after. Kaidan's eyes were focused forward, eyes watching villagers they passed intently. Their eyes seemed glazed over and they didn't even seem to notice they were there. "Either these people are way too good at ignoring what they don't want to see, or we've turned invisible," Steve muttered, a frown adorning his face. "For as real as this place feels, these people aren't coming off as too realistic, you know?"

Kaidan appeared unconcerned.

r0YfYxv.jpg

"I don't know about the rest of you, but this doesn't feel very real to me. There's no... pressure, inside my head." He gave Emmeryn a pointed look. "Remember my Bio-amps I told you about? Well, I can tell they aren't here. Maybe something's wrong with the system, because those didn't get translated over... for whatever reason."

As interesting as that sounded, biotics weren't Steve's field of expertise, so he wasn't sure he understood what Kaidan was getting at. "... Anyone wanna visit that inn?" he asked as an aside. "Not sure I want to find out what's lurking in those dark alleys."

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @The Village

---

Those of you with their eyes on the lake would notice a disturbance on the water's surface. Air bubbles broke the calm mirror, indicating that someone or something was lurking below. Slowly but surely, that someone would be revealed, damp matted hair cascading down their head and obscuring their features. As the figure stepped further on to the shore, it would be easy to notice that they were a girl wearing a black uniform, a white spotted tie, and a red skirt. As she moved closer to Kofuku and friends, the girl reached up with delicate hands and brushed aside heavy locks of her wet hair. Judging by her face and figure, she was likely just a young adult.

c7PlOsy.png

"I'd like some tea," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

@Lizzy @Hospes @The Tactician @The Great Detective @The Lake
061.png

Shizuo recognized the girl, remembering how they had found her unconscious outside and in one of the VR pods. However, something about her seemed off, especially given how she had suddenly emerged from the lake just as they happened to pass and had clearly heard them talking above the water line. Her expression seemed rather dark for someone who had just enjoyed a nice swim, almost as if she expected something wrong to happen. With all that on his mind, Shizuo couldn't help feeling a bit uneasy around her even if she seemed to be in trouble.

"Have a nice swim, kid? You don't look all that good."

@Lake

Shizuo's words made Kofuku stop abruptly in her tracks, her cheery demeanor vanishing into the air.

tumblr_nw14i52M2c1utt0pgo2_250.gif

"N-no oranges...?" she repeated, sounding utterly heartbroken at the suggestion alone. She was so caught up in her sadness with this that she failed to really take note of the girl rising from the lake.

For now, ignoring Kofuku was probably the best bet. Or just telling her that oranges were okay, Shizuo. >:c Instead, it was better to take a peek around, right? The lake was nice, looking to be pure and clean. Almost unnaturally so. The 'sun' caused the water's surface to glimmer beautifully, and it was tempting to just bask in the beauty of the sight. There were some beautiful ponies by the water grazing idly, a beautiful young woman sitting on a rock and kicking her legs idly, and what seemed as though it might've been some sort of underwater cove.

@Lizzy @The Tactician @Atomyk @The Great Detective @The Lake
055.png

"... Fine, but no oranges from that one vault. I'm not losing you guys to the Reapers because oranges."
tumblr_o1okcuUTou1v3qowuo1_100.png

"For now... I rather pass on the tea. If only there were some sort of cookies to go along with them..."

Mastermind grumbled a bit, and even as a brainiac, he had a little bit of a sweet tooth from the sounds of it. Looking around, this lake area sure seemed quaint and peaceful. Almost like the forest surrounding that little Ruben village back home... For now, Mastermind decided to bring his curiosity over to that young woman sitting on a rock.

tumblr_o1246y3K191v3qowuo10_100.png

"Excuse me, but you do have anything to tell me about Eden?"

Probably not the best course of action, but frankly, he wasn't sure how else to word this.

@Lizzy @The Tactician @Atomyk @Hospes @The Lake

The girl didn't seem to register that Shizuo had spoken to her for a moment, her face affixed on Kofuku. When she took notice of the fact that the other girl was ignoring her, the woman scoffed and crossed her arms. "Yeah, great swim," she said, her voice gaining some strength to it. She shivered slightly as if she was cold, one of her arms reaching up absently to touch at her left shoulder. She looked momentarily perplexed at what she felt, but recovered quickly enough with a shake of her head. "... If I don't look so good, it's because my life is fucking hell, sorry."

qHxbJYe.png

"Listen, I probably swallowed way too much lake water and I think some tea would really help me out right about now. That's me, Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Lake Monster. Once I get my tea on, I'm gonna ride a goddamn pony out of here as I'm so done with Gravity Falls."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Jeremi
Skeletor as well would head into the village, not caring to inspect a rotten forest nor a lake. He just wanted to find something useful to use for his own gains.

As the group stepped into the village proper they'd find that in this case a book could be judged by its cover. The streets were almost desolate with only a few humans walking back in forth, dressed in old clothes fitting for the scenario. They didn't seem to pay the Normandy crew much mind despite their strange appearances. They could see signs over a few of the houses.

The nearest one seemed to be an Inn called the Giddy Goat, one further down seemed to be a store of sorts and next to it was a blacksmith.

The group could either inspect the different houses or continue on the streets to possibly find something in the shady alleys twisting and turning through the village.

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @TheVillagePeople @AnyoneWhoWantsToHeadToTheVillage
As Lieutenant Steve Cortez got to his feet -- blue eyes blinking up at an even more blue sky and lungs breathing in air that felt so real -- he realized that the Alliance handbook had nothing to say about any of this.

kKesbxe.png

Not that any amount of training could have prepared them for the Reapers, let alone a mysterious virtual reality created by the man who was leading them. Steve knew he was a good soldier and an even better pilot, but he also knew there were better men and women out there. Why did it so happen that he was here in the heart of it all, when so many others were either dead or fleeing? His talents weren't even being put to use here. Sure, he could shoot just as well as anybody else on the Normandy, but flying was where he felt alive-- It was just a shame the shuttle had to stay docked on the Normandy for now. Being on the ground with the rest of the Normandy's crew was not something Steve was used to, and the experience put him ill at ease.

Not that it would stop him from doing what was necessary. Steve respected Shepard as a friend above all others and he would follow her into the pits of Hell if he had to.

"Cortez, you're with me," came Major Kaidan Alenko's voice, the man sounding almost strained. Steve turned to him and watched as Kaidan delicately touched at his forehead, seemingly in awe at what he felt. The Lieutenant imagined it had something to do with the man's Bio-amps, leaving him to wonder what kind of effects Eden had on biotics like Kaidan. Or, well, anyone with powers, really. People from all kinds of worlds were here, after all. Steve watched as Kaidan proceeded to shake himself slightly, still getting used to the feeling of being within this virtual space.

With an amused smile, Cortez nodded graciously. "Yes, sir."

Adopting a tighter and more assured stance, Kaidan nodded toward the village. He stepped in behind Emmeryn, Bane, and the others, with Steve following after. Kaidan's eyes were focused forward, eyes watching villagers they passed intently. Their eyes seemed glazed over and they didn't even seem to notice they were there. "Either these people are way too good at ignoring what they don't want to see, or we've turned invisible," Steve muttered, a frown adorning his face. "For as real as this place feels, these people aren't coming off as too realistic, you know?"

Kaidan appeared unconcerned.

r0YfYxv.jpg

"I don't know about the rest of you, but this doesn't feel very real to me. There's no... pressure, inside my head." He gave Emmeryn a pointed look. "Remember my Bio-amps I told you about? Well, I can tell they aren't here. Maybe something's wrong with the system, because those didn't get translated over... for whatever reason."

As interesting as that sounded, biotics weren't Steve's field of expertise, so he wasn't sure he understood what Kaidan was getting at. "... Anyone wanna visit that inn?" he asked as an aside. "Not sure I want to find out what's lurking in those dark alleys."

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @The Village
Dropping everyone to the floor, Starman sighed, helping Lisa lisa off the floor.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes the voices get too loud. I know they're not real, but they're so loud., the blends in and drowns out everything. I'm not normally like this, I swear. I'm Thom, by the way, And your name is, miss? "

Ariving at the villiage, Thom would gasp, grapping Lisa Lisa by the hand, before letting go.

"Sorry. I don't mean anything by that. I think my Dream Girl would like it here. Not that you care, I mean, you're not my dreamer, I don't see a star shape birthmark on your chin."

Starman would head to the inn

@Verite @Jeremi @DBZ7 @Kaykay @Kakarot!
849AoFBb.jpg

Where are we now? the girl thought, confused on the change of scenery. Was this the effect of the pod?

s02HTw4b.jpg

"Deemo? Where are you?"

The girl looked around, and didn't see him. It was only then that Deemo appeared.

"What happened?"

That was a question that Deemo didn't know the answer too and took the girl with him to the village.

@village​
tumblr_nwquq6LIiz1u3z5n7o1_100.png

"..."

Without much words to say to the rest of the group present, Esper had plans to go to the inn as well. For once, he didn't seem to be all over the place like earlier...

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Bomb @Josh M @Atomyk @The Village

The girl didn't seem to register that Shizuo had spoken to her for a moment, her face affixed on Kofuku. When she took notice of the fact that the other girl was ignoring her, the woman scoffed and crossed her arms. "Yeah, great swim," she said, her voice gaining some strength to it. She shivered slightly as if she was cold, one of her arms reaching up absently to touch at her left shoulder. She looked momentarily perplexed at what she felt, but recovered quickly enough with a shake of her head. "... If I don't look so good, it's because my life is fucking hell, sorry."

qHxbJYe.png

"Listen, I probably swallowed way too much lake water and I think some tea would really help me out right about now. That's me, Junko Enoshima, the Ultimate Lake Monster. Once I get my tea on, I'm gonna ride a goddamn pony out of here as I'm so done with Gravity Falls."

025.png

"Sorry, but I don't have a tea making set shoved up my ass. The village probably has some though," Shizuo cocked a brow as the girl provided some colorful commentary for what she wanted to do after the tea party, but shook it off after a moment, "Anyways, Gravity Falls, huh? Well, once we find a way out of here, you won't have to worry about even gravity pulling you back in, kid. Name's Shizuo."

It was then that Shizuo noticed something nearby, a herd of some equine animals.

A herd of ponies. Junko just scored the jackpot.

"Well, there's a pony for ya. Do you want it now or still want to wait for tea time?"

Dropping everyone to the floor, Starman sighed, helping Lisa lisa off the floor.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes the voices get too loud. I know they're not real, but they're so loud., the blends in and drowns out everything. I'm not normally like this, I swear. I'm Thom, by the way, And your name is, miss? "

Ariving at the villiage, Thom would gasp, grapping Lisa Lisa by the hand, before letting go.

"Sorry. I don't mean anything by that. I think my Dream Girl would like it here. Not that you care, I mean, you're not my dreamer, I don't see a star shape birthmark on your chin."

Starman would head to the inn

@Verite @Jeremi @DBZ7 @Kaykay @Kakarot!

the-new-inn-and-old-house.jpg

Those that felt inclined and followed Starman into the inn would find themselves in a nice rustic environment. Much like on the streets there didn't seem to be much people around however. There was a big, burly, bearded man behind the bar, no doubt the proprietor of this fine establishment.

Another table with three jovial men laughing about not paying attention to the new arrival. In the furthest corner Starman and whoever else followed they could spot a heavily robed figure sitting by its lonesome in silent meditation.​

055.png

qHxbJYe.png

kofuku_by_mico_tan-d79nwlq.gif

Immediately, the god perked up, seeming elated to hear this. "Yay! Thank you, Shizuo-kunnn!" she spoke, not hesitating to pull the man into a tight and affectionate hug without permission. Now that she'd been snapped out of her sadness, she finally noticed Junko, and paused to look to the female. "Eh..? Oh, of course I can make you some tea~" she assured, smiling brightly at the other female before a confused look crossed her face. "But, Junko-san, what's Gravity Falls? Is that where you're from?"

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Lizzy @The Great Detective

kofuku_by_mico_tan-d79nwlq.gif

Immediately, the god perked up, seeming elated to hear this. "Yay! Thank you, Shizuo-kunnn!" she spoke, not hesitating to pull the man into a tight and affectionate hug without permission. Now that she'd been snapped out of her sadness, she finally noticed Junko, and paused to look to the female. "Eh..? Oh, of course I can make you some tea~" she assured, smiling brightly at the other female before a confused look crossed her face. "But, Junko-san, what's Gravity Falls? Is that where you're from?"

@Atomyk @The Tactician @Lizzy @The Great Detective
012.png

Cue soft petting by Shizuo. Goddammit, Kofuku, stop being so adorable because it's really messing up Shizuo's tough guy vibe.​

Junko shrugged her shoulders at Shizuo. "Hm." She clicked her tongue and turned her head toward the herd of ponies. If she thought the sight anything but mundane, she didn't show it. "Yeah, doesn't look like they're going anywhere. I'll have the tea." She sighed dramatically once she realized neither Shizuo or Kofuku knew about Gravity Falls. She turned her right hand over and stared at her palm, though she kept what she was looking at obscured from the pair.

ctbboOA.png

"Gravity Falls is some hick town in America. It's not here, clearly. Nice. Great. Means I've fucked off to the Land of Oz. Again." It was quite clear that Junko was just barely containing an eye roll. Whatever she'd been doing before now, she was left in one foul mood. Her gaze lifted toward the sky for a moment, Junko firmly biting down on her lip. She touched at her hair once again and her expression softened. "... Sorry for being a total bitch right now. I'm just so exhausted. You guys mind telling me what mess I've gotten into this time?"

Junko shrugged her shoulders at Shizuo. "Hm." She clicked her tongue and turned her head toward the herd of ponies. If she thought the sight anything but mundane, she didn't show it. "Yeah, doesn't look like they're going anywhere. I'll have the tea." She sighed dramatically once she realized neither Shizuo or Kofuku knew about Gravity Falls. She turned her right hand over and stared at her palm, though she kept what she was looking at obscured from the pair.

ctbboOA.png

"Gravity Falls is some hick town in America. It's not here, clearly. Nice. Great. Means I've fucked off to the Land of Oz. Again." It was quite clear that Junko was just barely containing an eye roll. Whatever she'd been doing before now, she was left in one foul mood. Her gaze lifted toward the sky for a moment, Junko firmly biting down on her lip. She touched at her hair once again and her expression softened. "... Sorry for being a total bitch right now. I'm just so exhausted. You guys mind telling me what mess I've gotten into this time?"

073.png

Oh boy, Junko didn't know she was trapped in a computer. Great, guess Shizuo gets to break the news.

"Three words, kid. Virtual fuckin' reality. No need to say sorry, I'm in a pretty pissy mood too," Pulling out his cigarettes and what seemed to be a computer generated lighter (he still needed to get his back from that asshole Esper), Shizuo lit up one and took a breath of the cancer stick before continuing to speak, "Anyways, you wanted some tea, kid? Don't know where we can find some, so we might need to head over to that village me and Kofu-cha saw earlier."

tumblr_majeuqO70V1qeixlc.gif

The humble village, seemingly lost in time, was but a sorry sight to Bane's eyes. Under the confines of his mask, he could feel the muscles in his face tense up, a sense of unfamiliarity brewing in his bosom. This simulation, this illusion felt so real yet false, almost like the filth Gotham was before he so righteous liberated it. Granted, it was but for his own agenda, but to see the town spurred into such violence, such revolution- it brought great satisfaction to the mercenary known merely as Bane.

With his burly, tall, imposing form continuing along, the revolutionary spotted others following in his same path. Particularly out of the bunch, he rested his eyes on the crew of the Normandy, loyal and devote followers to the redheaded Commander Shepard. Outside of her beauty, Bane was not exactly fond of the Commander, the strategist himself finding the woman incompetent. Alas, he tried to avoid skirmishes with the pseudo-leader, but by evidence before, Bane was not one to be so easily controlled.

"Ah, crew of the Normandy. Loyal and admirable....but if mistaken, that is the real question." he spoke with false interest, his eerie voice sonorously booming from underneath his confining mask.

"Take care not to get lost, ha, I wonder if are as wise...or not, as your Highness." the mercenary sneered, holding no loyalty, catching his gaze towards the inn. Stepping in, Bane dusted himself off, feeling the creaking of wood underneath his boots. Grabbing the straps of his ballistic vest comfortably, the virtually half-naked, radical, bald behemoth cracked his neck carelessly. Strutting over to the bar, he took a simple seat, looking around intently.

What a strange, strange world.

@Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Atomyk @Village @The Inn

tumblr_o1okcuUTou1v3qowuo1_100.png

"For now... I rather pass on the tea. If only there were some sort of cookies to go along with them..."

Mastermind grumbled a bit, and even as a brainiac, he had a little bit of a sweet tooth from the sounds of it. Looking around, this lake area sure seemed quaint and peaceful. Almost like the forest surrounding that little Ruben village back home... For now, Mastermind decided to bring his curiosity over to that young woman sitting on a rock.

tumblr_o1246y3K191v3qowuo10_100.png

"Excuse me, but you do have anything to tell me about Eden?"

Probably not the best course of action, but frankly, he wasn't sure how else to word this.

@Lizzy @The Tactician @Atomyk @Hospes @The Lake

ba82de54217411d047118f49a64b85d0.png

As Mastermind walked up to approach the enchanting young woman, she seemed to be in a tranquil trance, staring at the water's surface pleasantly. But as she was spoken to, her gaze slowly drifted up, meeting the male's. She stared at him quietly, awfully pale eyes seeming vaguely curious. Yet, she didn't speak - just stared silently. Perhaps she was mute?

@The Great Detective

Walking into the inn, Starman hovered (literally) his way to the bar tender, sitting down on a bar stole.

"Hello there, my fine barkeep! I like a glass of your finest milk! The fresher the better! If you'd be so kind! A hero has gotta keep the bones strong, you know!?"

Joyfully waiting on the barkeep, Thom would look around the room, gazing at the patrons before his eyes stopped at the person in the robs. He or she seemed so lonely. Thom knew how that felt.

824981-starman_3_zpsajz4sdes.jpg

"Hey there, partner! You need a buddy right now?"

@Verite @Jeremi @Kaykay @DBZ7 @Atomyk @ inn crew

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Kaidan agreed with Steve and decided on following he and Starman into the establishment. The biotic gave the burly proprietor a wary look, but Steve looked eager to try and pry some info out of the guy. "Come on now, Major. Bet you could handle the guy if you wanted." Steve flashed his superior a smile and took the initiative, leaving Kaidan to tentatively linger near the entrance of the inn.

"... Uh, go get 'im, Cortez."

Steve stepped up to the bar like he owned the place. He'd always been a fan of these types of places-- mainly just for the atmosphere. A club had energy and that always made Steve feel alive. A place like this didn't have quite that feel, but a rustic establishment like this was charming in its own way. It felt lived-in, which is something that couldn't be said for Purgatory. It was this kind of world that Steve felt comfortable in, free to be himself and not worry about the past outside the front door.

He got to the bar just after Bane and Starman. He tried not to laugh at Thom's order of milk as he took a seat next to Bane. He offered the suited giant a shrug before gesturing toward the barkeep.

buraMJ0.png

"Hey, got any specialties?"

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn

012.png

Cue soft petting by Shizuo. Goddammit, Kofuku, stop being so adorable because it's really messing up Shizuo's tough guy vibe.​

ctbboOA.png

073.png

Oh boy, Junko didn't know she was trapped in a computer. Great, guess Shizuo gets to break the news.

"Three words, kid. Virtual fuckin' reality. No need to say sorry, I'm in a pretty pissy mood too," Pulling out his cigarettes and what seemed to be a computer generated lighter (he still needed to get his back from that asshole Esper), Shizuo lit up one and took a breath of the cancer stick before continuing to speak, "Anyways, you wanted some tea, kid? Don't know where we can find some, so we might need to head over to that village me and Kofu-cha saw earlier."
tumblr_inline_n7y4p2T0mm1sj72vh.gif

It was probably obvious that Kofuku enjoyed the pets and she probably wouldn't stop being adorable anytime soon. Of course, that was hardly on her mind. Instead, she was listening intently to Junko, tilting her head slightly as the other female spoke. If Shizuo hadn't gone and answered the girl's questions, Kofuku likely would have done it herself. Instead, the god seemed to shrug off the fact that both Junko and Shizuo were in bad moods, possibly trying to brighten theirs with her own. "I bet there's a tea set back in that village," she agreed. "And I bet there's a place you can rest, too~" she offered Junko, still smiling brightly.

@Atomyk @Lizzy @The Tactician @The Great Detective @The Lake​

tumblr_inline_n7y4p2T0mm1sj72vh.gif

It was probably obvious that Kofuku enjoyed the pets and she probably wouldn't stop being adorable anytime soon. Of course, that was hardly on her mind. Instead, she was listening intently to Junko, tilting her head slightly as the other female spoke. If Shizuo hadn't gone and answered the girl's questions, Kofuku likely would have done it herself. Instead, the god seemed to shrug off the fact that both Junko and Shizuo were in bad moods, possibly trying to brighten theirs with her own. "I bet there's a tea set back in that village," she agreed. "And I bet there's a place you can rest, too~" she offered Junko, still smiling brightly.

@Atomyk @Lizzy @The Tactician @The Great Detective @The Lake​
087.png

Shizuo sighed he put his hands behind his head, "Maybe, but didn't you want to explore this lake first, Kofu-chan?"

The humble village, seemingly lost in time, was but a sorry sight to Bane's eyes. Under the confines of his mask, he could feel the muscles in his face tense up, a sense of unfamiliarity brewing in his bosom. This simulation, this illusion felt so real yet false, almost like the filth Gotham was before he so righteous liberated it. Granted, it was but for his own agenda, but to see the town spurred into such violence, such revolution- it brought great satisfaction to the mercenary known merely as Bane.

With his burly, tall, imposing form continuing along, the revolutionary spotted others following in his same path. Particularly out of the bunch, he rested his eyes on the crew of the Normandy, loyal and devote followers to the redheaded Commander Shepherd. Outside of her beauty, Bane was not exactly fond of the Commander, the strategist himself finding the woman incompetent. Alas, he tried to avoid skirmishes with the pseudo-leader, but by evidence before, Bane was not one to be so easily controlled.

"Ah, crew of the Normandy. Loyal and admirable....but if mistaken, that is the real question." he spoke with false interest, his eerie voice sonorously booming from underneath his confining mask.

"Take care not to get lost, ha, I wonder if are as wise...or not, as your Highness." the mercenary sneered, holding no loyalty, catching his gaze towards the inn. Stepping in, Bane dusted himself off, feeling the creaking of wood underneath his boots. Grabbing the straps of his ballistic vest comfortably, the virtually half-naked, radical, bald behemoth cracked his neck carelessly. Strutting over to the bar, he took a simple seat, looking around intently.

@Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Atomyk @Village @The Inn

"Hah! Finally someone with an actual brain in this operation!" Skeletor was impressed by the man in the mask because despite appearances he seemed to have at least a shred of intelligence. "Bane was it? Perhaps we can make some arrengements that are...mutually beneficial?"

If Shepard had heard Bane's remark she did her best to ignore it. She'd heard all of that talk before and that was all it was, talk. She was still the Commander and Shepard was sure as hell not letting go of her position with out a fight. For now it seemed like Shepard would not enter the Inn and instead went to talk to one of the natives walking about.

Walking into the inn, Starman hovered (literally) his way to the bar tender, sitting down on a bar stole.

"Hello there, my fine barkeep! I like a glass of your finest milk! The fresher the better! If you'd be so kind! A hero has gotta keep the bones strong, you know!?"

Joyfully waiting on the barkeep, Thom would look around the room, gazing at the patrons before his eyes stopped at the person in the robs. He or she seemed so lonely. Thom knew how that felt.

"You what mate?" The proprietor asked the mysterious man. "I hope you like goats milk cause that's all you'll be getting."

The hooded figure in the corner would give the man the briefest of looks before continuing the staring competition with the wall.

Kaidan agreed with Steve and decided on following he and Starman into the establishment. The biotic gave the burly proprietor a wary look, but Steve looked eager to try and pry some info out of the guy. "Come on now, Major. Bet you could handle the guy if you wanted." Steve flashed his superior a smile and took the initiative, leaving Kaidan to tentatively linger near the entrance of the inn.

Steve stepped up to the bar like he owned the place. He'd always been a fan of these types of places-- mainly just for the atmosphere. A club had energy and that always made Steve feel alive. A place like this didn't have quite that feel, but a rustic establishment like this was charming in its own way. It felt lived-in, which is something that couldn't be said for Purgatory. It was this kind of world that Steve felt comfortable in, free to be himself and not worry about the past outside the front door.

He got to the bar just after Bane and Starman. He tried not to laugh at Thom's order of milk as he took a seat next to Bane. He offered the suited giant a shrug before gesturing toward the barkeep.

buraMJ0.png

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn

"We got goat and goat related products." The proprietor replied. "And not so good beer."

This time, Junko didn't hold back her eye roll. She let out a loud groan and flexed her fists in frustration. "This is the second time this has happened to me. I really am the Ultimate Disaster Center." Junko imagined it really wouldn't be the last time. At least she knew what was up right away this time over. She glanced back toward the ponies and imagined riding one all the way to this village, wherever it was. Opening her mouth for a moment, Junko licked her dry lips. She was pretty sure she vomited whatever lake water she'd consumed. So gross.

"I just need a moment, so I'm going to stick with you guys if that's all right. If you want to check out the ponies or whatever, I'm good. Apparently your friend is talking to some hot chick over yonder, just so you guys know."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

the-new-inn-and-old-house.jpg

Those that felt inclined and followed Starman into the inn would find themselves in a nice rustic environment. Much like on the streets there didn't seem to be much people around however. There was a big, burly, bearded man behind the bar, no doubt the proprietor of this fine establishment.

Another table with three jovial men laughing about not paying attention to the new arrival. In the furthest corner Starman and whoever else followed they could spot a heavily robed figure sitting by its lonesome in silent meditation.​

With his burly, tall, imposing form continuing along, the revolutionary spotted others following in his same path. Particularly out of the bunch, he rested his eyes on the crew of the Normandy, loyal and devote followers to the redheaded Commander Shepard. Outside of her beauty, Bane was not exactly fond of the Commander, the strategist himself finding the woman incompetent. Alas, he tried to avoid skirmishes with the pseudo-leader, but by evidence before, Bane was not one to be so easily controlled.

buraMJ0.png

tumblr_nwqtt2YHvE1u3z5n7o1_100.png

Glancing around the inn, it seemed like something about this area bored the Esper. However, he might as well make the most of what he's gotten himself into, and without much warning, he would make his way to the three men at one table. They were acting as if their arrival here was nonexistent. Something about that... somehow caught this Esper's attention.

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn

ba82de54217411d047118f49a64b85d0.png

As Mastermind walked up to approach the enchanting young woman, she seemed to be in a tranquil trance, staring at the water's surface pleasantly. But as she was spoken to, her gaze slowly drifted up, meeting the male's. She stared at him quietly, awfully pale eyes seeming vaguely curious. Yet, she didn't speak - just stared silently. Perhaps she was mute?

@The Great Detective
tumblr_o124bfxBnO1v3qowuo8_100.png

Oh great... a mute. How to go about with this... ?

Mastermind clearly didn't know how to deal with situations like these, considering that he did prioritize his studies over social interaction. As if he probably didn't think on how this could startle the woman, he had his Dynamos project a holographic text screen with a keyboard. Hey, it still seemed to work like usual even in virtual reality. That was at least helpful...

"If you're uncomfortable with talking, feel free to input what you like to say."

@Hospes

Status
Not open for further replies.