Murder Game XI: The War of the Universe

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_n7oqujT1xo1qmso5i.jpg

Bubba strolled into the Inn with the others, the music on his radio still going on a loop and Bubba still bouncing along to the happy beat.

It's the dawn of a new day!

The giant seemed oblivious to what was going on around him as he stood in the corner and listened to his music. However, the radio suddenly halted the music and became pure static. Bubba pulled the radio from his back and looked at it, trying to twist the knob-- but it seemed to cease working.

The Big Daddy let out a sad moan, wedging the radio onto his backside and deciding it was time to come back to reality

...or, well, back to virtual-reality, technically.

Bubba looked around the Inn and noticed a few faces. He tried not to look at Bane, as his presence made Bubba uncomfortable-- but it seemed the small man who was talking about pilots, shuttles and signals seemed like he needed someone to chat with. Sheriff Bubba is on the case!

Bubba would stomp from his position and lumber over to Steve, his portholes still green and happy. Steve is a...relatively smart man, hopefully he can understand that green means good intentions.

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn

tumblr_o1246y3K191v3qowuo3_100.png

"H-Huh?"

That was not a response that Mastermind was prepared for. He expected her to type something up. He expected her to look at him with further confusion if she did not know what a keyboard was. Yet, he did not expect her to speak, and furthermore, compliment him all of a sudden.

tumblr_o124fpYWNM1v3qowuo1_100.png

"... As much as I appreciate the... sudden compliment, I did ask you a question some moments ago. The question pertaining towards this location, that I would like to know more about it."

After reorganizing his thoughts, Mastermind managed to say what he was going to say if it wasn't for the surprise he felt by her words. Though, this wasn't really getting anywhere, and something about this woman was setting him off-track from anything productive.

@Hospes @Lake​

Giggling softly at Mastermind's clear confusion, the woman resumed casually swaying her legs, her toes grazing the peaceful surface of the water as the male tried to recover and get words out. "It's cute when you're at a loss for words," she hummed, a free-spirited and lighthearted air about her, making her seem to be beneficent enough. This time, her words seemed to be in English, though she had a noticeable Scottish accent. The female let Mastermind compose himself, running her tongue over her lips as he spoke.

For a few moments, she seemed to contemplate his request, tilting her head and staring at the water as she did so. Eventually, though, the serene silence was broken by her beautiful voice. "Perhaps I can tell ya more, if ya can catch me, first~" she chimed almost playfully, suddenly diving off of the rock and into the water. Go after the woman, or leave her be?

@Lizzy @The Tactician @The Great Detective @Atomyk @The Lake

"Um."

Steve suddenly felt smaller. And a little awkward. He really hadn't been trying to be mean, but Steve realized he probably should have figured the guy wore a mask for a reason. He wasn't entirely sure why Skeletor was trying to egg the big guy on as if they weren't all supposed to be on the same team here. They were a little old for the high school drama, weren't they? The shuttle pilot figured it was in his best interest to get a better read on who he was traveling with before he went and opened his big mouth. "Yeah, Steve Cortez," he said, unsure what else to respond with for the moment. His eyes shifted between Skeletor and Bane. "Shuttle pilot for the Normandy, but I haven't had the opportunity to show off for you guys."

jXLxOwp.jpg

A smile graced Steve's lips once again. He knew how to keep things light and easy; He wasn't known to be an intense kind of person. Especially not here in this kind of environment. He lifted a hand up off the counter, palm out in a gesture of peace. "And, hey, I'm sorry if what I said was out of line. I guess I was just curious about your-- you." He was going to say your mask, but Steve caught himself in time, figuring what he ended up saying was more appropriate.

Steve glanced back to Starman, blinking at the man's outburst.

He was just going to let the poor guy do his thing.

Instead, Steve focused on Skeletor. "I don't think anyone has to be anyone's foe here. Just worry about the Reaper Signals."

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn
Skeletor22.png

"Oh, you poor sentimental fool. The judgement of man is more dangerous than paltry space squid! The unpredictability of man is a far more dangerous tool than any cold dead machines!"

tumblr_inline_n7oqujT1xo1qmso5i.jpg

Bubba strolled into the Inn with the others, the music on his radio still going on a loop and Bubba still bouncing along to the happy beat.

It's the dawn of a new day!

The giant seemed oblivious to what was going on around him as he stood in the corner and listened to his music. However, the radio suddenly halted the music and became pure static. Bubba pulled the radio from his back and looked at it, trying to twist the knob-- but it seemed to cease working.

The Big Daddy let out a sad moan, wedging the radio onto his backside and deciding it was time to come back to reality

...or, well, back to virtual-reality, technically.

Bubba looked around the Inn and noticed a few faces. He tried not to look at Bane, as his presence made Bubba uncomfortable-- but it seemed the small man who was talking about pilots, shuttles and signals seemed like he needed someone to chat with. Sheriff Bubba is on the case!

Bubba would stomp from his position and lumber over to Steve, his portholes still green and happy. Steve is a...relatively smart man, hopefully he can understand that green means good intentions.

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn

In the corner of his eye the Big Daddy would spot something off in the left corner. Unlike the stiff tree chairs that seemed to populate this establishment...this seemed to be a modern recliner chair.

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Atomyk @The Village Inn

A heavy shake overtook the inn and Steve's gaze went instantly for the front door. The source of the shaking was clear-- the giant armored lug that Steve had seen practically running around the Normandy. The regular patrons didn't appear to notice the disturbance, but Kaidan stumbled out of Bubba's way and fell into one of the seats closer to the front door, flashing the Big Daddy a vexed look as he passed. Steve shook his head and smiled slightly, not used to seeing the Major look so ruffled.

Steve wasn't immediately concerned to see Bubba approach him so readily, though he wasn't sure what the bug guy would want with him. The green lights adorning his helmet at least made him seem more inviting.

"So... hey there."

O1EI9tw.png

But then Skeletor grabbed Steve's attention, causing him to turn back to the skeletal man. "You're not wrong," he said amicably. "But it doesn't change the fact we're all in this together, for better or for worse."

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Great Detective @Bomb @Josh M @Jeremi @The Village Inn

Holding back his emotions, Thom would wrap his arms around his friend. He and Dawnstar had known each other for years. She was a loyal team member and friend. She was like family

"It's me, Dawnstar. You're not alone anymore."

Starman would let go, adjusting himself before continuing .

"How the heck did you get here, Danwy? I heard rumors you had been missing for a few days, but everyone wasn't worried, this was all before Nura sent me out. Anyway, are you okay?"

@Verite @Jeremi @Krieg @Atomyk @Kaykay

029.png

Shizuo simply stared for a moment as Kofuku ran off without a word, unsure of what exactly to do. "Huh... Guess we're not going to be punching ponies after all, Junko," Deciding it was best to not let his friend run off too far, the bartender followed after her and up to the ponies.​
Toboe heard Kofuku running over and smiled.

"You guys seem pretty relaxed over here..." He said to the ponies, temporarily forgetting that they were currently in a virtual reality. Since some of the people from the group he has been with have seen his true form and didn't seem at all put off by it he gladly exposed himself every now and then without fear of being hunted or rejected by now. Beneath the illusion, hs ears twitched when he heard Shizuo begin to approach as well and his tail wagged. Even though to those that were human in his group he'd just seem much happier this time around.

@Hospes @The Tactician @Atomyk @The Great Detective @lake peeps

Still seeming oblivious to the others around her, Kofuku was closely examining this particular horse, seeming to be partially giddy while also slightly wary. In this examination, though, she seemed to refrain from touching or making any contact with it. Eventually, she turned to Shizuo and Junko with an elated expression, practically jumping with joy.

3645833.gif

"Shizuo-kunnn, Junko-sannn, do you know what this is??" she asked, excitedly.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @The Great Detective @Lizzy @The Lake

Still seeming oblivious to the others around her, Kofuku was closely examining this particular horse, seeming to be partially giddy while also slightly wary. In this examination, though, she seemed to refrain from touching or making any contact with it. Eventually, she turned to Shizuo and Junko with an elated expression, practically jumping with joy.

3645833.gif

"Shizuo-kunnn, Junko-sannn, do you know what this is??" she asked, excitedly.

072.png

Shizuo simply stared at Kofuku for a few seconds, not sure what she was getting at. Was he missing something here? "A... horse? What, is it something that belongs to one of your divine pals or something, Kofu-chan?"

@Atomyk @The Great Detective @Atomyk

Junko wasn't too happy about missing out on punching a pony. If she could settle for riding one, then that would be fine too. She wasn't entirely paying attention as she followed Shizuo and Kofuku, only perking up once the girl asked them a question. Junko tilted her head to the side slightly in confusion.

kv5l6AG.png

"Is this a trick question? Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention..."

God, what a long day it had been.

@Lizzy @Hospes @The Tactician @The Great Detective @The Lake

tumblr_inline_ng27lpvXM81t1jsa0.png

"BRING ME YOUR FINEST COLA, MAN!" Joseph simply exclaimed as he sat at the inn alongside the others. At the moment, he was completely oblivious to everything, having not caught that there were only... goat-related products here, and paid no mind to the random woman that seemed to pop out of nowhere.

Then again, he's seen weirder at this point.

e0xxodk.gif

Lisa Lisa just drank... something. She was only here because if she were to try to leave, Starman would probably gravitate her back, and that was something she would much rather not go through.

So she just drowned her sorrows silently, paying little to mind to everyone nearby.

@Jeremi @Krieg @Atomyk @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @The Great Detective @Bomb @Inn

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
A heavy shake overtook the inn and Steve's gaze went instantly for the front door. The source of the shaking was clear-- the giant armored lug that Steve had seen practically running around the Normandy. The regular patrons didn't appear to notice the disturbance, but Kaidan stumbled out of Bubba's way and fell into one of the seats closer to the front door, flashing the Big Daddy a vexed look as he passed. Steve shook his head and smiled slightly, not used to seeing the Major look so ruffled.

Steve wasn't immediately concerned to see Bubba approach him so readily, though he wasn't sure what the bug guy would want with him. The green lights adorning his helmet at least made him seem more inviting.

"So... hey there."

O1EI9tw.png

But then Skeletor grabbed Steve's attention, causing him to turn back to the skeletal man. "You're not wrong," he said amicably. "But it doesn't change the fact we're all in this together, for better or for worse."

Skeletor would just brush off Steve's words. "Bah! Such saccharine sentimentality!"

Holding back his emotions, Thom would wrap his arms around his friend. He and Dawnstar had known each other for years. She was a loyal team member and friend. She was like family

"It's me, Dawnstar. You're not alone anymore."

Starman would let go, adjusting himself before continuing .

"How the heck did you get here, Danwy? I heard rumors you had been missing for a few days, but everyone wasn't worried, this was all before Nura sent me out. Anyway, are you okay?"

@Verite @Jeremi @Krieg @Atomyk @Kaykay

"Days...?" Dawnstar replied in shock. "To me it's been longer...much too long." She clutched her arm and looked solemnly to the floor. "I am fine...considering the circumstances....I am fine."

She'd look back up at Starman. "Never mind me for a moment, why are you here? Is it because of the Reapers?"

tumblr_inline_ng27lpvXM81t1jsa0.png

"BRING ME YOUR FINEST COLA, MAN!" Joseph simply exclaimed as he sat at the inn alongside the others. At the moment, he was completely oblivious to everything, having not caught that there were only... goat-related products here, and paid no mind to the random woman that seemed to pop out of nowhere.

Then again, he's seen weirder at this point.

e0xxodk.gif

Lisa Lisa just drank... something. She was only here because if she were to try to leave, Starman would probably gravitate her back, and that was something she would much rather not go through.

So she just drowned her sorrows silently, paying little to mind to everyone nearby.

@Jeremi @Krieg @Atomyk @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @The Great Detective @Bomb @Inn

The proprietor grunted and handed Joseph a chalice of soured goats milk.

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
tumblr_inline_ng28f13JZm1t1jsa0.png

Joseph just looked at the drink.

"This is not cola."

@Jeremi

As Steve/Skeletor continued their bickering, the ground seemed to shake almost as if someone was quaking the earth itself. As a matter of fact their was, an angry saiyan was fed up with believing that this atrocious place was supposed to be where he'd find nourishment?! Not that he felt he needed it. His energy was limtless! No need for rest, no need for breaks! Nothing of the sort! Which is why laughter could have been heard coming from outside the Inn.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! THIS IS WHERE WE'VE COME TO EAT?! PATHETIC FOOD FOR PUNY FOOLS!"

In Broly's base form, his frame was a lot more suitable for walking through the doors. But given that he saw no real need to exit his Legendary form, the doors shuddered and parts of the frame itself were torn asunder as Broly forced his way in and glanced around.

"Where is the meat?! I wish to strip it right off the bone! I won't do with milk!"

Maybe someone should give Broly the whole goat..

@Jeremi @Krieg @Atomyk @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @The Great Detective @Bomb @Verite @Inn

As Steve/Skeletor continued their bickering, the ground seemed to shake almost as if someone was quaking the earth itself. As a matter of fact their was, an angry saiyan was fed up with believing that this atrocious place was supposed to be where he'd find nourishment?! Not that he felt he needed it. His energy was limtless! No need for rest, no need for breaks! Nothing of the sort! Which is why laughter could have been heard coming from outside the Inn.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! THIS IS WHERE WE'VE COME TO EAT?! PATHETIC FOOD FOR PUNY FOOLS!"

In Broly's base form, his frame was a lot more suitable for walking through the doors. But given that he saw no real need to exit his Legendary form, the doors shuddered and parts of the frame itself were torn asunder as Broly forced his way in and glanced around.

"Where is the meat?! I wish to strip it right off the bone! I won't do with milk!"

Maybe someone should give Broly the whole goat..

@Jeremi @Krieg @Atomyk @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @The Great Detective @Bomb @Verite @Inn

The proprietor would head to the backroom and a few minutes later he'd return with a whole roasted goat. "You seem like a big man mate. I got five more waiting for you."

The proprietor would head to the backroom and a few minutes later he'd return with a whole roasted goat. "You seem like a big man mate. I got five more waiting for you."
"Hmmm"

The squid would try to get a look into the back room of the establishment, peeking over the top of the owner of the building

"I wonder what sort of sweet treats they have locked up back there waiting for me to liberate"

@Jeremi @Kakarot! @Verite @Josh M @I don't even know​

072.png

Shizuo simply stared at Kofuku for a few seconds, not sure what she was getting at. Was he missing something here? "A... horse? What, is it something that belongs to one of your divine pals or something, Kofu-chan?"

@Atomyk @The Great Detective @Atomyk
Junko wasn't too happy about missing out on punching a pony. If she could settle for riding one, then that would be fine too. She wasn't entirely paying attention as she followed Shizuo and Kofuku, only perking up once the girl asked them a question. Junko tilted her head to the side slightly in confusion.

kv5l6AG.png

"Is this a trick question? Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention..."

God, what a long day it had been.

@Lizzy @Hospes @The Tactician @The Great Detective @The Lake

Kofuku-Ebisu-Noragami-rainbow-unicorn-38996537-200-200.png

Laughing lightly at Shizuo's response, Kofuku, smiled brightly, spinning around in an elated circle. "No, sillies~ He's a spirit!" she exclaimed with delight. Uhh... Was she hallucinating, or was that horse really a spirit? "I can make him my Regalia!... I think. I've never seen a spirit like this, before..."

Reactions: Takumi

Kofuku-Ebisu-Noragami-rainbow-unicorn-38996537-200-200.png

Laughing lightly at Shizuo's response, Kofuku, smiled brightly, spinning around in an elated circle. "No, sillies~ He's a spirit!" she exclaimed with delight. Uhh... Was she hallucinating, or was that horse really a spirit? "I can make him my Regalia!... I think. I've never seen a spirit like this, before..."

062.png

"A Regalia...? What the hell is a regalia, some sort of weapon?" Yep, Shizuo had no idea what she was talking about. "And if you've never seen a spirit like that... horse, then are you sure you want to use him? Don't you think that might be a bad idea?"

Giggling softly at Mastermind's clear confusion, the woman resumed casually swaying her legs, her toes grazing the peaceful surface of the water as the male tried to recover and get words out. "It's cute when you're at a loss for words," she hummed, a free-spirited and lighthearted air about her, making her seem to be beneficent enough. This time, her words seemed to be in English, though she had a noticeable Scottish accent. The female let Mastermind compose himself, running her tongue over her lips as he spoke.

For a few moments, she seemed to contemplate his request, tilting her head and staring at the water as she did so. Eventually, though, the serene silence was broken by her beautiful voice. "Perhaps I can tell ya more, if ya can catch me, first~" she chimed almost playfully, suddenly diving off of the rock and into the water. Go after the woman, or leave her be?

@Lizzy @The Tactician @The Great Detective @Atomyk @The Lake
tumblr_o1okcuUTou1v3qowuo2_100.png

"... tch. Only this time..."

Mastermind sighed as he placed an energy catalyst on the shoreline of the lake for now, and then... dove into the water after the woman.

tumblr_o1246y3K191v3qowuo1_100.png

Hopefully he had the stamina to dive the way down as well as hold his breath for this long, or else he might panic and use his catalyst to get himself out of there.

@Lizzy @The Tactician @Hospes @Atomyk @The Lake

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Status
Not open for further replies.