Murder Game V: The Reapers' Game

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Pimp Tactician @Nobody Important @Crazy 8 Nate

Silver, Minato, and Booker were the first people to rush over to Shiki's aid.

Support.png

"Butt out!" he grumbled, gripping Shiki's arm harder. "This is between me and the girl! She's accusing us reapers of something we didn't do..."

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-ShikiMisaki4.png

"Y-You're lying," Shiki said, rubbing her red eyes. "You guys killed him! It said so in that note!"

Support.png

"We didn't kill him! I'm betting the players did. They probably forged the note. I'm hearing rumors that there are some traitors among you. Go start pointing fingers at them! Not the reapers! Besides, it's against the rules for reapers to attack players directly."​
"Against the rules for Reapers to attack players..." She repeated to herself, "If that's so, then there really must be traitors among this little band of players."

But for what purpose? What good would that do? Are they agents sent by someone who doesn't want us to make it out alive? She thought to herself, trying to make sense of the situation, before a realization dawned upon her. Ciel felt like a fool for not realizing sooner, especially with the recent encounter with Rumpelstiltskin concerning lands and whatnot.

People from other worlds. Traitors everywhere. A death game orchestrated by some sort of sick mastermind. This must be a Murder Game. The same kind that Executor Kirei Kotomine, among others, had participated in. She could recall Aoko Aozaki being a part of a previous Murder Game, but for some odd reason, she couldn't recall who submitted the Crossed Testimony. No matter. It was of no concern of hers, right?

How annoying, she thought in mild irritation, I spend time investigating the Akibahara case, only to end up in the same kind of incident that Executor Kotomine did. If this kind of event is enough to tire him out, I'll have to be on my guard for what's to come.

She glanced at Minato uneasily briefly, before shaking her head, as if attempting to shake the possibility of him being a traitor from her head. She wasn't exactly sure why she was against the idea. Ciel barely even knew this man, even if he was rather friendly to her...

"Well, our business is finished here. Shall we continue moving to where we were going to go?"

@The Pimp Tactician

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Pyrrha looked up, noting a male with orange-red hair, sort of like hers, but far.... spikier. She smiled warmly, blinking her green eyes. She followed his hand motions, understanding what he meant. "Partners it is!" she said with a smile, before looking around, noting the timer on her hand. "Well, where do you suggest we go?" she asked, looking down at the map on her phone. "How about the Town Square? That sound good to you?" she asked, looking back up at him.
Crono
Crono smiled, actually jumping into the air a little in a sort of cartoon esque way with one hist raised into the air to signify victory, when he landed back on the ground, he nodded, looking surprised when Pyrrha mentioned going to the town square. He was actually planning on suggesting going there, but, this simplified everything since Pyrrha seemed to have come up with the same thought, this seemed like a good start to their partnership, or at least that's what he thought really.​

At Shibuya:

Emma focused on the first part of the mission.

396px-emma-frost.jpg

"Does anyone need a partner?" she asked.

@everyone

"If you had nothing to do with it, then why did you even how up, idiot? Why not just leave us alone?" Minato shouted at the reaper, though he did file away the information he had given away. There were traitors among them so they didn't know who to trust, plus they were the ones who committed the murders. That means they would need to be careful in who they partnered with.

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
137px-Silver_Sablinova_(Earth-616)_001_Fan_Art.jpg

Silver only glared at the Reaper for this, taking an intimidating step forward. "Look, if that's the case, back off and leave the girl alone," she said as calmly as possible. At least she had some others with her backing her up...

If the Reaper didn't let up, Silver was more than ready to pick a fight. She seemed to consider the traitor statement.. Hm.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Pimp Tactician @Crazy 8 Nate
@Kluzty
@Pimp
@Levy McGarden

"Listen friend, I was a Pinkerton Agent back when I was alive." He took a step forward, if anyone was qualified to handle this, it was him. "Listen, we get it, she gets it, just let her go." He repeated.
"Against the rules for Reapers to attack players..." She repeated to herself, "If that's so, then there really must be traitors among this little band of players."

But for what purpose? What good would that do? Are they agents sent by someone who doesn't want us to make it out alive? She thought to herself, trying to make sense of the situation, before a realization dawned upon her. Ciel felt like a fool for not realizing sooner, especially with the recent encounter with Rumpelstiltskin concerning lands and whatnot.

People from other worlds. Traitors everywhere. A death game orchestrated by some sort of sick mastermind. This must be a Murder Game. The same kind that Executor Kirei Kotomine, among others, had participated in. She could recall Aoko Aozaki being a part of a previous Murder Game, but for some odd reason, she couldn't recall who submitted the Crossed Testimony. No matter. It was of no concern of hers, right?

How annoying, she thought in mild irritation, I spend time investigating the Akibahara case, only to end up in the same kind of incident that Executor Kotomine did. If this kind of event is enough to tire him out, I'll have to be on my guard for what's to come.

She glanced at Minato uneasily briefly, before shaking her head, as if attempting to shake the possibility of him being a traitor from her head. She wasn't exactly sure why she was against the idea. Ciel barely even knew this man, even if he was rather friendly to her...

"Well, our business is finished here. Shall we continue moving to where we were going to go?"

@The Pimp Tactician
Support.png

"Why did I even show up? Because it's a reaper's job to watch over the game! Duh!" he exclaimed. Although the reaper was acting tough, he was quickly intimidated by the others threatening him. "Whoa, whoa, just take it easy!" he said, finally letting go of Shiki's arm. "D-Don't attack me! If you do, I won't be able to defend myself. It really is true that reapers aren't supposed to attack players directly! I'd get in trouble if I did!" he said, taking a few steps back. "But seriously, heed my warning. The reapers didn't do this... someone else is up to something, and it certainly isn't us..."

With that, the reaper spread a pair of black wings from his back and flew off. Shiki kept her head hung sadly, averting her gaze from the others.

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-ShikiMisaki16.png

"Th-Thanks for trying to help, but I'm done for now. Neku was my partner any way you look at it. I'm out a partner now. And you know what happens to players without partners... we can't used our powers... I'll end up erased in no time..." Her eyes flooded with tears. "And I was so close too... I only had one more day to go and I would've won the game and have been brought back to life..."

@Anyone who needs a partner and cannot find another player to interact with, feel free to speak with Shiki and cheer her up. She will then join you as your partner for the round. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Pimp
@Anyone else with Shiki

Booker was relived that reaper thug let Shiki go, but know he was face with a different problem. He was already partnered with Elizabeth, but he troubled by the fact this girl was all alone. He knelt down to her level and took out her business cards and slid it over to her. He knew it didn't really help her in this situation, but he hoped she meant what he was trying to say be giving her the card.

He stood up, looked over the remaining players, gave them a slow nod before heading back over to Elizabeth, The Big Sister and Chrom.

Crono
Crono smiled, actually jumping into the air a little in a sort of cartoon esque way with one hist raised into the air to signify victory, when he landed back on the ground, he nodded, looking surprised when Pyrrha mentioned going to the town square. He was actually planning on suggesting going there, but, this simplified everything since Pyrrha seemed to have come up with the same thought, this seemed like a good start to their partnership, or at least that's what he thought really.​
Judging by his.... enthusiastic reaction, Phyrra thought that he approved. She nodded her head, and began walking off in the general direction of the Town Square, turning and looking back, to see if he was following, flashing him a smile, before she continued onwards.

Ashabel, the Dancer
Ashabel had decided to follow Ciel, Minato, and the rest of the group. She watched with a horrified expression as Minato opended the box, only to find a severed head inside. If what those people had said was correct, then it was especially critical that she stayed with them. Pretty soon, she would need a partner. For now, having a large group would suffice. They had made a pit-stop to help an ailing girl, apparently poor wretch who had lost her partner in a gruesome fashion. It was during this time that Arlathina overheard a reaper say, "The reapers didn't do this... someone else is up to something, and it certainly isn't us..."

Ashabel mulled over the possibilities in her mind. If the reapers had created the games, they must have made sure that there was no way that anyone from the outside could interfere. That lead Arlathina to the only logical conclusion: it had to have been another player. Ashabel shuddered at the ghastly notion. "Traitors among us..." Ashabel whispered, glancing around the group. However, Ashabel was separated from the previous group in all the pandemonium.
At Shibuya:

Emma focused on the first part of the mission.

396px-emma-frost.jpg

"Does anyone need a partner?" she asked.

@everyone
Ashabel approached the woman who had asked if anyone needed a partner, saying, "I should quite enjoy your company, darling. My name is Ashabel, however, we will have more time to get acquainted later. For now, we must hasten to complete the task that has been thrust upon us." Ashabel said, her voice lilting and charismatic. Ashabel thought about all of the new locations they had been shown, and said, "It seems to me that the only logical place to go to is the grocery store. What do you think?"

@Mari

Bakura grabbed Ryou's arm dragging the other male with him. "But the girl!" Ryou complained trying to free himself from the iron grip on his arm.

"Quit your complaining, we need to find a partner who is interesting and won't get in my way like you do," Bakura said in a cold tone dragging Ryou out the exit. Ryou struggled and tried to free himself, Bakura looked like he wanted to punch someone.
@El Presidente

Judging by his.... enthusiastic reaction, Phyrra thought that he approved. She nodded her head, and began walking off in the general direction of the Town Square, turning and looking back, to see if he was following, flashing him a smile, before she continued onwards.
Crono smiled back, even giving her a thumbs up as they both continued onwards to the Town Square, he still did consider what Rumpelstiltskin said about the hotdogs in the hotdog stand there, but, he'd just have to make sure to keep his partner and anyone else from harm if any of those hotdogs were in any way unpleasant.

Ashabel, the Dancer
Ashabel had decided to follow Ciel, Minato, and the rest of the group. She watched with a horrified expression as Minato opended the box, only to find a severed head inside. If what those people had said was correct, then it was especially critical that she stayed with them. Pretty soon, she would need a partner. For now, having a large group would suffice. They had made a pit-stop to help an ailing girl, apparently poor wretch who had lost her partner in a gruesome fashion. It was during this time that Arlathina overheard a reaper say, "The reapers didn't do this... someone else is up to something, and it certainly isn't us..."

Ashabel mulled over the possibilities in her mind. If the reapers had created the games, they must have made sure that there was no way that anyone from the outside could interfere. That lead Arlathina to the only logical conclusion: it had to have been another player. Ashabel shuddered at the ghastly notion. "Traitors among us..." Ashabel whispered, glancing around the group. However, Ashabel was separated from the previous in all the pandemonium.

Ashabel approached the woman who had asked if anyone needed a partner, saying, "I should quite enjoy your company, darling. My name is Ashabel, however, we will have more time to get acquainted later. For now, we must hasten to complete the task that has been thrust upon us." Ashabel said, her voice lilting and charismatic. Ashabel thought about all of the new locations they had been shown, and said, "It seems to me that the only logical place to go to is the grocery store. What do you think?"

@Mari

"I am Emma Frost," she replied, "I believe we can work well together, then."

She thought about Ashabel's suggestion. Emma didn't have any particular inclination at the time, so she responded as such. "The grocery store it is, shall we?"

@Arlathina @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Silver was relieved to see the reaper back off willingly. "We aren't gonna hurt you, we just aren't gonna sit back and let you push the kid around like that," she said calmly. She had noted what the Reaper said, and was untrusting of all the players around her. The traitor could be anyone...

The child before her's reply tore at Silver's heart. "Oh, kid.. C'mere," with that, Silver went to pull the child into a gentle embrace. "It's okay.. We'll find you a new partner; I promise," she assured, offering a small smile. She glanced back at Asha, suddenly doubting the man.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yiyel

"I am Emma Frost," she replied, "I believe we can work well together, then."

She thought about Ashabel's suggestion. Emma didn't have any particular inclination at the time, so she responded as such. "The grocery store it is, shall we?"

@Arlathina @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Ashabel, the Dancer

Ashabel smiled as Emma agreed to be her partner. She would make a fine partner. Emma was tall and fair-skinned with platinum blonde hair; rather beautiful. She rather reminded Ashabel of the Queens of the North, however, that was a universe away by now, so she pushed the meaningless thought to the back of her mind. This meant she was one step closer to unlocking the powers held prisoner in her pins.

"Come then, Emma Frost. Song shall make the journey swift." Ashabel announced, clasping her partners hand and leading her off in the direction of the grocery store. As they made their way, Ashabel sang a pristine traveling tune that she had learned as a child.

@Mari @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Ashabel, the Dancer

Ashabel smiled as Emma agreed to be her partner. She would make a fine partner. Emma was tall and fair-skinned with platinum blonde hair; rather beautiful. She rather reminded Ashabel of the Queens of the North, however, that was a universe away by now, so she pushed the meaningless thought to the back of her mind. This meant she was one step closer to unlocking the powers held prisoner in her pins.

"Come then, Emma Frost. Song shall make the journey swift." Ashabel announced, clasping her partners hand and leading her off in the direction of the grocery store. As they made their way, Ashabel sang a pristine traveling tune that she had learned as a child.

Emma wasn't sure what to make of Ashabel. She noted that she was pretty, and seemed fit. Did Emma hear somewhere that she was a dancer? Ironically, Emma was once a.... dancer, as well.

"That song," Emma said, "it is an interesting tune, what is it?"

Asha, having followed, shrugged. "I have no idea of human customs, and from what I can tell humans wouldn't appreciate Komato humor. Though if your offer still stands, I shall be your partner - I wish to hear more about these... mutants? As you call them. It seems we come from very different worlds. And for reference, I suggest we head to the fountain place thing - I don't know what a 'hot dog' is, but I plan on reclaiming it anyway."

@Nobody Important

//ooc: sorry was playing skyrim

Marcus Wright observed the events that led to... death. He didn't have much reaction to it, not as much as one should. He noticed it within himself as well. He realized he may have had a pretty gruesome live before this. Memories were gone, but the personality remained, he realized.

"Hey, let's head to Hog's Head. That looks like a place."

@Thuro Pendragon @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Emma wasn't sure what to make of Ashabel. She noted that she was pretty, and seemed fit. Did Emma hear somewhere that she was a dancer? Ironically, Emma was once a.... dancer, as well.

"That song," Emma said, "it is an interesting tune, what is it?"
Ashabel, the Dancer

As they made their way towards the Mr. Grocery, Emma inquired about the origins of the Ashabel's song. In response, Ashabel answered, "It is a simple melody taught to me by my mother. We would always sing it when traveling to the different Cantons. It is about a woman sneaking away to see her lover." Ashabel snickered with delight at the thought of this. She continued singing:

Two lovers,
forbidden from
one another.

A war divides
their people.

They have built a path
to be together,
and the bonds they build
shall not be severed.

Ashabel smiled contentedly as the song concluded some time later.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Round 1: The Game Begins![/BCOLOR]

In training room #2, where Rocket, Marie, and Susan had been last, Coco asks the girls to leave with her and they all head out to the town square together. "The reapers are gonna send out the mission soon. We need to be ready," she told them.

Other players, such as Jenny and Booker, who had been in the training center ended up getting pummeled by the dummies they had been fighting. Sorry, Jenny, turning your back on that Doctor dummy just wasn't a good call. Now she had a lump on her head about the size of an egg, making her quite dizzy and disoriented. Hopefully the reaper's first mission didn't involve a balancing test, because if it did she surely would fail! As for Booker, his arm was now killing him--and difficult to move--thanks to the strike the dopple-ganger had given him. These two were going to have a rough start to the mission ahead of them...

There were a few players in training room #3 also: Emma, the Joker, and Maxwell. With the help of Mr. Miyagi and his apprentice Daniel-san, he taught the group how to use their pins. "Pins are used by thought. You think using the attack and it happens," he explained to them.

Once all the players had finished up everything they intended to do, most of them hung around the middle of the dome they were trapped in, waiting for something to happen...

Suddenly, while everyone was waiting, a mysterious cardboard shoe box plopped down from the sky. It landed on the ground with a loud thud! Being close enough to the box at the time, Minato moved to examine it. Is it a gift from the reapers? Or maybe instructions of some kind? Unsure, he opens the box--dropping it in shock when he sees what's inside. It's the head of a familiar young man, Neku Sakuraba--one of the players who had been with his partner, Shiki, in the training center earlier--severed from his body. His dead eyes are still open, a look of horror frozen on his blood smeared face. The color hasn't even left his cheeks yet, so you know that he was recently killed. To your surprise, after a few minutes the head disappears--dissolving into thin air. Under the head is a note: "With love from your friends, the Reapers."

Support.png

"What a shame," says a reaper wearing a red jacket, standing off to the side while watching all of this go down. "But that's what happens when someone dies here. Their bodies dissolve after a while. All of you are already dead, after all. When you die a second death, your spirit is destroyed for good."

Before he can say anything more, you can hear a blood curdling scream fill the air. When everyone looks to see where it's coming from, they spot Shiki standing in the distance.

She had seen everything and was horrified that her partner was dead. She dropped to her knees, sobbing uncontrollably. It's a horrible scene--and you wonder why the reapers would have done this--but now isn't the time to think such a think while the game is about to start.

So what now? Lord Death didn't give you much instruction other than telling you to look at your cell phone. So that's exactly what you do. You open your cell phone and a new text message is waiting to be read.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_m5mxcylYgR1ry0wdio1_r8_250.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Welcome, player.

Your first mission is to make certain you find or have found a partner. Meet someone so that your power pins will work. No penalty will be given for failing to accomplish this mission, but it is recommended.

Your real mission of the day is to find this location within the city of Shibuya--where you are currently located.

I have water and I have food. Where am I?

Fail your mission and face erasure. You have twelve hours to find it. Good luck.

[BCOLOR=transparent]You feel a painful sensation burn across the palm of your hand. When you look at it, a timer has appeared, ticking down from twelve hours. You'd better hurry and find a partner, then find the location the Reapers wish. But where to start?[/BCOLOR]

iawwhandtimer.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Your cell phone beeps again. It now shows a map of a few areas in the city. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mr. Grocery[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: A grocery store. Simple enough. This place has both food and water so it very well could he the correct location you need to find for the mission. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The High Seas![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: A pirate themed restaurant, matey! A lot of scallywags seem to be walking in and out of this place, another place that obviously has food and water. Drat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Hog's Head[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: A bar. Food? Check. Liquid? Probably more alcohol than water, but still... check. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Town Square[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Self explanatory. There is a water fountain according to the map, but would this place have food? Err yep, according to the map there is a hot dog stand next to the fountain. Darn it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]You look at the map in frustration. Where will you go? All the places mentioned on the map seem to answer the question! You'll probably just have to pick one and hope you get lucky...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As you contemplate your choices, you hear the air filled with blood curdling screams. Your head shoots in the direction of the screams and you see other players, just like you, being attacked by strange creatures before vanishing into thin air, erased by them. [/BCOLOR]

2014-08-06192944-1.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not wanting to end up like them, you run off to look for other players and the correct location the mission calls for. You'd better hurry, no telling what those monsters were...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Players, start posting now! Please bold and underline the location you select to go. Also, bold and underline any important action you choose to make. A mid-round update will occur once a reasonable amount of players have met up at the correct location and completed the mission.[/BCOLOR]

Cast:

@BarrenThin as the Joker (DC Comics)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as William "Maxwell" Carter (Don't Starve)
@Verite as Ciel (Type-Moon) Holds one hotdog ticket
@Jeremi as Thanos (Marvel Comics)
@The Pimp Tactician as Minato Arisato (Persona 3)
@Mari as Emma Frost (X-Men, Marvel Comics) Holds one hotdog ticket
@Dat Pussy Cat as Silver Sablinova (Marvel Comics) and Teresa Agnes (The Maze Runner Series)
@Krieg as Big Sister (Bioshock Trilogy)
@Xibilation as Marie (The Aristocrats) Holds one hotdog ticket
@Joellie as Jenny (Doctor Who) and Kanye West
@Yiyel as Assassin Asha (Iji) Immunity for first half of round 2. Down one pin until round 2.
@The Gil as Lorne Malvo (Fargo)
@york as Crono (Crono Trigger) Immunity for second half of round 2. Down one pin until round 2.
@DapperDogman as Chandra Nalaar (Magic The Gathering)
@Gummi Bunnies as Yuka Mochida (Corpse Party: Blood Covered) Holds one hotdog ticket
@Josh M as Chrom (Fire Emblem)
@Salsacookies as Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
@Caramon Zero as Gajeel Redfox (Fairy Tale)
@Atomyk as Susan Ashworth (The Cat Lady) Down one pin until round 2. Has motorcycle.
@Ziogen as Aesir (Valkyrie Profile)
@Batman as Batman (Batman Arc)
@Wedge Antilles as Marcus Wright (Terminator: Salvation) Down one pin until round 2. Holds one hotdog ticket.
@Raven as Rocket (Sucker Punch) Down one pin until round 2. Has pirate hat.
@MrDubWubs as Kamina (Gurren Lagaan)
@El Presidente as Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect Series)
@Arlathina as Ashabel eh'l Nahime Holds one hotdog ticket.
@Arnold Solomon as Jorik Goringtove
@sierra as Ryou and Bakura (Yugioh duel monsters)
@Crazy 8 Nate as Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite)
@Levy McGarden as Levy McGarden (Fairy Tale) and Eevee (Pokemon)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) and Jodie Holmes (Beyond Two Souls)
@froggy as P.E.T.E
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Claptrap (Borderlands)
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko
@SirDerpingtonIV as Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY)
@Ozzie Chanter as Gabriel (Supernatural) and Ashley "Ash" J. Williams (Evil Dead Trilogy)
@Celeste as Celestia 'Celeste' Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)
@Thuro Pendragon as Hurley (Lost)
@Iowan Corn as Guy Noir (A Prairie Home Companion)

Eliminated
[BCOLOR=transparent]Neku Sakuraba - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BEHEADED![/BCOLOR]
Ryu blinked, after everything had taken place. The severed head... The burnt timer in his palm.... Everything happened so quickly. Then suddenly those things attacked them all, and he took off. He felt bad for leaving everyone behind.... He really did.... But... Something compelled him to run. Once he finally stopped, he was out of breath and pulled his phone out. I need to find a partner... He thought to himself as he looked at the map that was sent to him by the Reapers.

@Anyone around

~Big Sister~

The words the strange beast-man spoke rattled the tall lady, like a thousand grandfather clocks ringing at height of dusk, the machine of twisted, demented beauty was left with no purpose. Was she to fight here in this game, to find some sort of hope to cling onto? There were few that mattered to the Big Sister so far, but those that did, such as Elizabeth, she felt zealously protective of. It was in her genes to serve and protect, akin to a dog, and without the leases the tamed woman felt overwhelmed with this freedom.

Growling under his helmet, the lights shifting to a deep crimson, the Big Sister noted the suave knight's appearance. Paying mind to him only briefly, the Big Sister felt overcome with her internal turmoil. Tightening her hands into fists, Dany cried outwards, oddly sounding more like a distressed woman than a frightening abomination. Thrashing about, clawing at the sides of her helmet, the diver lunged out at a nearby punching bag. Instead of punching it, however, the Big Sister ended up ripping the bag apart with her mere hands. Being a genetically-altered human subjugated to massive psychological damage, pain of the physical realm was far of a concern.

"I.WILL.NOT.SERVE.HIM." the Big Sister clearly screamed, through her heaving wheezes and desperate cries. Her rage had reached a boiling point, oddly, from the smallest of catalysts. It was to be expected, yes, but who could blame the fair sister? A puppet without strings, a dog without a leash, a mind without a purpose and leaving only a soulless vessel.

Reborn.

Severe trauma seemed to have a somewhat positive reaction in her emotional state.

Th30_zps5g4muozs.png

"Perhaps right now you are with out a master, but how can one whose life has been defined by being subservient be moved forward with out someone pulling your strings?"

Then something new happened

[BCOLOR=transparent]Round 1: The Game Begins![/BCOLOR]

In training room #2, where Rocket, Marie, and Susan had been last, Coco asks the girls to leave with her and they all head out to the town square together. "The reapers are gonna send out the mission soon. We need to be ready," she told them.

Other players, such as Jenny and Booker, who had been in the training center ended up getting pummeled by the dummies they had been fighting. Sorry, Jenny, turning your back on that Doctor dummy just wasn't a good call. Now she had a lump on her head about the size of an egg, making her quite dizzy and disoriented. Hopefully the reaper's first mission didn't involve a balancing test, because if it did she surely would fail! As for Booker, his arm was now killing him--and difficult to move--thanks to the strike the dopple-ganger had given him. These two were going to have a rough start to the mission ahead of them...

There were a few players in training room #3 also: Emma, the Joker, and Maxwell. With the help of Mr. Miyagi and his apprentice Daniel-san, he taught the group how to use their pins. "Pins are used by thought. You think using the attack and it happens," he explained to them.

Once all the players had finished up everything they intended to do, most of them hung around the middle of the dome they were trapped in, waiting for something to happen...

Suddenly, while everyone was waiting, a mysterious cardboard shoe box plopped down from the sky. It landed on the ground with a loud thud! Being close enough to the box at the time, Minato moved to examine it. Is it a gift from the reapers? Or maybe instructions of some kind? Unsure, he opens the box--dropping it in shock when he sees what's inside. It's the head of a familiar young man, Neku Sakuraba--one of the players who had been with his partner, Shiki, in the training center earlier--severed from his body. His dead eyes are still open, a look of horror frozen on his blood smeared face. The color hasn't even left his cheeks yet, so you know that he was recently killed. To your surprise, after a few minutes the head disappears--dissolving into thin air. Under the head is a note: "With love from your friends, the Reapers."

Support.png

"What a shame," says a reaper wearing a red jacket, standing off to the side while watching all of this go down. "But that's what happens when someone dies here. Their bodies dissolve after a while. All of you are already dead, after all. When you die a second death, your spirit is destroyed for good."

Before he can say anything more, you can hear a blood curdling scream fill the air. When everyone looks to see where it's coming from, they spot Shiki standing in the distance.

She had seen everything and was horrified that her partner was dead. She dropped to her knees, sobbing uncontrollably. It's a horrible scene--and you wonder why the reapers would have done this--but now isn't the time to think such a think while the game is about to start.

So what now? Lord Death didn't give you much instruction other than telling you to look at your cell phone. So that's exactly what you do. You open your cell phone and a new text message is waiting to be read.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_m5mxcylYgR1ry0wdio1_r8_250.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Welcome, player.

Your first mission is to make certain you find or have found a partner. Meet someone so that your power pins will work. No penalty will be given for failing to accomplish this mission, but it is recommended.

Your real mission of the day is to find this location within the city of Shibuya--where you are currently located.

I have water and I have food. Where am I?

Fail your mission and face erasure. You have twelve hours to find it. Good luck.

[BCOLOR=transparent]You feel a painful sensation burn across the palm of your hand. When you look at it, a timer has appeared, ticking down from twelve hours. You'd better hurry and find a partner, then find the location the Reapers wish. But where to start?[/BCOLOR]

iawwhandtimer.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Your cell phone beeps again. It now shows a map of a few areas in the city. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mr. Grocery[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: A grocery store. Simple enough. This place has both food and water so it very well could he the correct location you need to find for the mission. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The High Seas![/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: A pirate themed restaurant, matey! A lot of scallywags seem to be walking in and out of this place, another place that obviously has food and water. Drat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Hog's Head[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: A bar. Food? Check. Liquid? Probably more alcohol than water, but still... check. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Town Square[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Self explanatory. There is a water fountain according to the map, but would this place have food? Err yep, according to the map there is a hot dog stand next to the fountain. Darn it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]You look at the map in frustration. Where will you go? All the places mentioned on the map seem to answer the question! You'll probably just have to pick one and hope you get lucky...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As you contemplate your choices, you hear the air filled with blood curdling screams. Your head shoots in the direction of the screams and you see other players, just like you, being attacked by strange creatures before vanishing into thin air, erased by them. [/BCOLOR]

2014-08-06192944-1.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not wanting to end up like them, you run off to look for other players and the correct location the mission calls for. You'd better hurry, no telling what those monsters were...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Players, start posting now! Please bold and underline the location you select to go. Also, bold and underline any important action you choose to make. A mid-round update will occur once a reasonable amount of players have met up at the correct location and completed the mission.[/BCOLOR]
Thanos would check the message on his phone. While not a team player he had worked with others in the past.

Th57_zpsp08ir9mw.png

"The game seems to have started in earnest. Team work seems to be what is needed. Despite my weakened stat you will find Thanos the Titan a good ally indeed."

@TheColourlessRainbow
@Josh M
@Crazy 8 Nate

@Krieg

Ashabel, the Dancer

As they made their way towards the Mr. Grocery, Emma inquired about the origins of the Ashabel's song. In response, Ashabel answered, "It is a simple melody taught to me by my mother. We would always sing it when traveling to the different Cantons. It is about a woman sneaking away to see her lover." Ashabel snickered with delight at the thought of this. She continued singing:

Two lovers,
forbidden from
one another.

A war divides
their people.

They have built a path
to be together,
and the bonds they build
shall not be severed.

Ashabel smiled contentedly as the song concluded some time later.

"A very interesting song," Emma Frost said, "I like the tune of it."

She thought a little deeper about. The lyrics, she could relate to in a way. She and Scott Summers were enemies, forbidden from each other, and then became lovers.

"But then, I've had a path severed by the one who I thought loved me as much as I loved him. I hope not to have that happen to me ever again."

It didn't take long for Gabriel to warm up to Guy. He made corny jokes, had a voice for radio, and seemed very down-to-earth (and no, Gabriel didn't miss the irony that "down-to-earth" was a point of favor in his books). Once they'd scoped out the gym and determined the sad state of affairs when it came to available grub, they spent most of the remaining time shooting the shit and watching the other players run around the Training Center like monkeys getting themselves beat up.

Good times.

Until they meandered back to the center of the dome just as the special delivery of severed-teen-head-in-a-box arrived. Now, Gabriel had seen a lot worse in his time running around with the pagans, so the gore didn't faze him like it did some of the yokels. Hell, he'd done worse himself- before and after he left Heaven. But he couldn't exactly see much humor in the situation here, either, especially when the poor schmuck's partner started having a meltdown.

"Poor kid," he muttered under his breath. His first impulse was to go check on her once they pulled her free of the Reaper clusterfuck, but he dug his heels in and hung back. What the hell was he going to do, after all? Gabriel wasn't any good at being comforting. She was better off with any of these other goons, for sure.

No, instead he'd do what he always did. Turn his back and look after numero uno.

And Guy.

502825_original.jpg

"Alright," he said smartly, his stance shifting subtly and subconsciously to something battle-ready. He'd not been to war in a reeeeeeeeeeeeally long time, but it was hardwired somewhere under the haze of centuries. Though he was unaware of it, anyone looking at him with the right know-how would probably recognize a military background. His eyes darted around, making a mental map of monsters, alleyways, and obstacles.

Over his shoulder, he asked Noir, "What do you think, bucko? Am I more Johnny Depp to your Bloom, or Gambon to your Radcliffe? You know what, scratch that, I'd obviously be Oldman in that scenario. Anywho, think fast. You're the detective, aren't you?"

Whatever they picked, it looked like Gabriel might finally be getting something to eat after all. Hallelujah.

@Iowan Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.