Murder Game V: The Reapers' Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chandra smiled happily as she threw her arms around the warrior, happy that all was well between the pair "Of course, I couldn't risk a planeswalker getting to you and casting some kind of wicked spell on you" she says with a smile "Besides...I'd rather meet all your friends!" she spun the warrior lady around with a giggle, not bothering to cover up the girly laughter, for once, they shared a tender moment without there being some impending murder to break it up...

Unlike every other time before this

She was happy to be alive, her past was behind her, and her future looked pretty bright. What more could a fiery redheaded pyromancer ask for in life?

@SirDerpingtonIV
Pyrrha grinned, holding her lover tightly, not a worry in the world. She laughed along with Chandra, and nodded vigorously. "They'd love to meet you too," she ensured, before she led Chandra away, towards the statue of Hachiko so that they could finally go home together, and live a life where they weren't threatened with so much betrayal.

"Oh...one last thing..." she says to Pyrrha, leaving her arms for a moment, approaching Asha quickly "Hey...you..." she says in a rather sinister tone of voice, before decking the bird thing, right in the beak, full force with an armored glove "That's for killing Yuka" she says before skipping back to her lover "Ready when you are" she says happily, as though she didn't just flat out right hook a child killing bird creature

@Yiyel
@SirDerpingtonIV

"A Reaper? Well, I'm sure that would have many benefits, but I'm afraid that my business back home is more important. I have a report to enter and a case to investigate further," she spoke, her gaze fixed upon Joshua, "However, if I am able to, I shall keep you updated on the Akibahara anomaly. He is a case that my people are working on at the moment, after all."

"Furthermore, I may take the Composer up on the offer to replay the game. That boy with the glasses and blue uniform... I think he might be connected to what my entry fee was, and the Akibahara case. I need my memory back. That's why I may go back. After that, we can go home. I trust that is acceptable, Minato-kun?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Pimp Tactician
"But..." He could lose her here. She could die and be lost forever. Those stupid memories of hers could take her away and leave him with no one. He couldn't allow that. He couldn't let her die when he could prevent it. With a determined nod, he smiled at her, "If you're going to risk yourself for those memories, then I can risk myself for you. I'm coming along and protecting you."​

"Oh...one last thing..." she says to Pyrrha, leaving her arms for a moment, approaching Asha quickly "Hey...you..." she says in a rather sinister tone of voice, before decking the bird thing, right in the beak, full force with an armored glove "That's for killing Yuka" she says before skipping back to her lover "Ready when you are" she says happily, as though she didn't just flat out right hook a child killing bird creature

@Yiyel
@SirDerpingtonIV
Pyrrha said nothing, smiling nervously. She was going to kill that child because of Chandra's death. Good thing she didn't though. That right hook looked nasty. "Are you ready then, Chandra?" she asked, standing infront of the statue, peering into the portal.

Yuka Mochida's Epilogue
"End of Start ~ Tortured Soul"

"T-Thank you... " Yuka muttered out with a bit of surprise for Crono's offering of what appeared to be a silver token. It would signify a lot for herself, since she had discarded her scented bead charm earlier on. It would be something that would be hers when she would remain in the afterlife. Taking one last look at everyone else... Yuka smiled lightly before closing her eyes, she would finally be at peace. Especially after all of the hardships that she's been through... it would be suitable for her to rest peacefully. Gone like a light, she appeared as if she were sleeping as the reapers took her and the other traitors away to 'pass on.'

Like she expected, it was pure silence... Nothing around her, it was a complete abyss around her. While Yuka knew it would be peaceful, the silence was too eerie for her... All she could see was herself and the silver token that Crono had given to her before she was brought here. Maybe this was it for her, a consequence for being a traitor and working against the Composer. If she only didn't foolishly agree to be a traitor... she might had made it back, but she had to suck it up. This was it, and there was no changing it.

Though, Yuka did find it weird that she was the only one in this afterlife, she didn't spot Emma, Ryu, or even Mikasa around. They all should be in the afterlife... right?

That's when she felt a strong blow brought down to the back of her head. It hurt... a lot. she gave out a cry of pain, and yet, she was the only one around. Her voice echoed out for ages. Wait... a blow to the head? Why did that seem familiar to Yuka?

Before she could ask herself, Yuka felt the pain of fire erupting from her chest, and then the pain of an energy blast sparked up around her face. Wait... it's way too familiar... and that was because she died that way near the end of the Reapers' Game. A certain voice rang in her head, as if to remind her of something.

"When you die in this accursed school... you feel that pain of your dead for all eternity..."

Her eyes widened in shock. No... she didn't die at that school, but yet, she was experiencing her two deaths. Over and over again. The death back at Heavenly Host... and her death recently from the end of the Reapers' Game. No... no no no no no no no! Yuka screamed out for someone to help as she felt the cycle repeating itself, the smashing blow of a sledgehammer to her head, the burning around her body, and the beam that ended her life in the game. It never ceased to slow or stop, it only repeated the pain of those deaths over and over, not giving the poor girl time to recover from each re-experience. No one was there to comfort her... She bet that most of the people that despised her were laughing at her predicament...

Either way, Yuka could never escape this punishment, because it wasn't just an afterlife she was in. It took time for her to realize that she was back within the cursed hallways of Heavenly Host, as a spirit that will suffer there, and would eventually become hostile to other unfortunate souls that drift into these halls.

"...P-Please... somebody... he...help... meeeeee..." Yuka cried out for anybody, but she was responded to with silence. Clearly the spirits weren't even around to share their pain with her. Though, she could had sworn to hear laughter.

Laughter that only came from the girl in red.

The girl in red stood there, over Yuka's suffering spirit.

Pretending to be oblivious to her suffering, Sachiko sang to cruel delight.

"K a g o m e K a g o m e . . . w h e n , o h w h e n w i l l i t c o m e o u t . . . i n t h e n i g h t o f d a w n . . . t h e c r a n e a n d t u r t l e s l i p p e d . . . w h o i s b e h i n d y o u n o w ?"

The song repeated endlessly, whether or not Sachiko sang it, and along with it was Yuka's suffering. What a cruel fate... for such a foolish girl.

-The End-

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
Chandra smiles, taking Pyrrha's hand and walking into the portal with her, giggling a little
"Let's not keep them waiting..." she says with a slight wink

She was off to explore yet another plane...and maybe do it with a lover at her side...

"But..." He could lose her here. She could die and be lost forever. Those stupid memories of hers could take her away and leave him with no one. He couldn't allow that. He couldn't let her die when he could prevent it. With a determined nod, he smiled at her, "If you're going to risk yourself for those memories, then I can risk myself for you. I'm coming along and protecting you."​
Ciel01.png

"I'm grateful for that. Any help would be appreciated. I imagine this blinding effect won't go away until we get back home and my powers come back, after all. Now, shall we be on our way?"

With that, Ciel would make her way over to Scramble Crossing to re-take the game and wait until the option would become available for her.

@The Pimp Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
"Whenever you're ready, Ciel-chan," Minato cooed with a smile, following after her to Scramble Crossing, "Besides, as if I could leave you behind. I love you too much to do that."

@jason @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Hrist is still Hrist

Flippant asshole. We survived your stupid games, traitor and all. You should be thanking us while you hand back our lives. ... Of course, Hrist said no such thing. She held respect for those with power, even those who were just as twisted as their enemies. Instead, Hrist simply smiled, a cold and deadly twist of her lips. "I'd have it no other way." Besides, in his statement there was solace. ... Susan was not dead. She wouldn't be allowed to pass on. She had another chance to live.​
... Then again, Hrist was totally going to get her powers back and bring her back to live as a personal Einherjar anyways.​
... It'd probably be best not to mention that.​
"Come on then." Hrist shouldered her burden; her friend. The next game would be easy. They already had experience. New reapers would be ones that just went through the same thing. There were no traitors. Step after step, always going forward, Hrist found a place to stay for the night. Susan never woke up, but it didn't worry Hrist. She'd carry the woman throughout the entire game if necessary.​
Tomorrow was a new day,​
A new chance.​
...​
But Hrist swore if she got called Mitzi again, she'd punch Susan right in the face.​

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
EPILOGUE - Susan
"The Cat Lady"

In just a day's time, the clock was reset. Another life lost, but another life gained.

A second chance to play the Reapers' Game, though it was Susan's eighth chance at life.

She'd found herself awaking once again in the realm between the living and the dead, her body intact, but her memories raw. Her head had felt like a jumbled bloody mess, but perhaps that was for the best. All those deaths she recalled brought with them bitter thoughts, but they also brought with them a strength Susan never thought she could obtain. So what if she had chosen the wrong side? It was her decision-- and one she didn't regret. Taking all of those pills, allowing herself to open up to Doctor X, attempting to end the game any way she could... some would view her choices as wrong, but Susan had found something that she didn't believe she would have found otherwise.

Once, all she could do was cry. But now Susan could smile. She could breathe. She could laugh. Her choices led her to someone she once knew, someone who she couldn't quite recall the name of. Whoever they were, Susan knew they were waiting for her. The Parasites didn't matter, not as long as she was waiting.

Rhyme and Hrist are at my side, ready to play the game once again. That's fine-- We'll play, and we'll win. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but we'll win, eventually. It doesn't matter what is and isn't fair. It doesn't matter that we make mistakes... we fall, and rise again.

7sFuixn.png

The Cat Lady made a stand, but it would be far from her last.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Marcus Wright took note of the options given to everyone. He absorbed the information in his head, but one person's opinion, he felt, would greatly shape what he might choose.

One person who seemed to dominate the short memory he had intact, who had been with him most of the time here in the Reaper's Game. The person who made his heart beat faster and harder than it ever had to his recollection.

"Marie," he asked, as they were still holding hands. "Which path are you taking?"

@Xibilation

• Love
Reactions: Xibilation
Epilogue: The Composer's Decision

Amist the distraction of Empire City, the players made their way for the Historic District in order to escape. Joshua had a lot to say to the group, so he made sure that all of the survivors--even the traitors--made it through to the other side of his escape portal. Upon stepping through the portal, the old city they had been in had vanished and they were in Shibuya again. However, it didn't look ravaged by jungle vines or snow like it had been in the past...

shibuya_crossing109.jpg

Everything looked back to normal.

Once all of the players were through, even a few of the reapers who had been swept up in the mess came through as well.

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-MinamimotoShyo4.png

"Heh, you did good kids. The boss will come through in a moment. He wants to speak with everyone."

After a minute, a blinding flash of light stepped through the portal. A glowing figure of white light appeared before them, so bright it was difficult to look upon him directly.

vJcflIe.png

"I'd like to introduce myself," he began. "I am the one who had been using the alias known as Joshua. I'm the true composer, creater of the reapers' game."

He paused before he began to explain the entire story to the players.

"A year ago, in one particular location in the multiverse, John White lived as human. In his world, human DNA evolved, allowing for people with a special gene to develop powers and become beings known as conduits. But with John's power, he wished to aid his own kind only and destroy all ordinary humans who didn't have the gene. Cole, another conduit, killed John and sacrificed himself and all other conduits to save the world. Shortly after John died, I invited him to play the reapers' game. He interested me because he had potential even if he was a little misguided. I was correct about this potential. He won the game and I gave him a choice: return to life or become a reaper. He chose to become a reaper, who quickly archived promotions because of his impressive skills. Eventually I put him as my second in command. Apparently, he abused his power and assisted a demon."

"So that is the story on John. Now I will speak of your group. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, all of you are safe. The bad news is, because of John ruining this game it is void. So I cannot simply bring anyone here to life for free. However, I have a few alternatives to offer all non-traitor players...

1. You may become a reaper. Many of you sided with me in the end and that is trustworthy in my eyes. You're welcome to join me. If you choose to do so, visit our Reaper Recruitment Station here in Shibuya.

2. You may return to life WITHOUT your entry fee. I will keep it as pay for allowing you to return to life. If you choose this go to the statue of Hachiko. A portal in front of it will take you home.

3. You may play the reapers' game again for a chance to return to life with your entry fee. However, it will be fair this time. No surprises, strange illusions, or John White interuptions. If you choose this option as your path, go to Scramble Crossing tomorrow morning and we'll get started.

4. You may pass on. If your soul no longer has the will to carry on, I will allow this. You don't have to linger anymore if you don't want. If this is the path you seek, go to the Shibuya River and enter the portal."

The composer paused.

"As for the traitors, you will have no such options. Emma, Ryu, Yuka, and Mikasa all must pass on. I cannot have players who I am not able to trust."

He snapped his fingers and a group of reapers stepped forward, making their way for the traitors. They began to drag the surviving traitors away toward the portal that would send their souls on...

"Lastly, there is a third group I must address. Although Susan and Rocket were not traitors, they sided with John in the end. The only option I'm allowing for them and their companions is to play the game again."

"Anyhow, that is all I have to say to all of you. If you have any questions you may speak to me. In the mean time, I'll be doing research to find out more about this... demon... John was assisting."

The Composer looked at Teresa.

"Actually, there's something we must talk about." He snapped his fingers, causing Teresa's little noise puppy to appear in his hands.

"This little one seems quite tame. It's rare for a noise. He may stay with you as long as you choose, however, it is my regret to inform you that ordinary humans cannot see noise, so if you choose to return to life you will have to leave this little one behind..."

After the Composer spoke to the group, Shibuya was free for the group to explore once again.

The Reapers' Game Ending: Neutral

The game is now over, however, everyone may still interact with each other, write epiloges, or speak with any of the NPCs (Joshua, Sho, Coco, Jack Sparrow, Rhyme, and etc) until you feel your business is finished.

Fin~

Claptrap stood speechless, Feeling unrewarded for everything he has done throughout this entire adventure, Sure he survived but... He felt like something was missing. "So that's it? Not sick loot or awesome Weapons as my prize? Or anything?!" Claptrap sighed, Disappointed.

"Welp, Just another day at the office, Oh well! Let's see if I can't make some Minions before I get out of here!" Claptrap instructed himself, Setting on another Dangerous journey~

@Anyone who wants to be Claptrap's Minion

Epilogue: The Composer's Decision

Amist the distraction of Empire City, the players made their way for the Historic District in order to escape. Joshua had a lot to say to the group, so he made sure that all of the survivors--even the traitors--made it through to the other side of his escape portal. Upon stepping through the portal, the old city they had been in had vanished and they were in Shibuya again. However, it didn't look ravaged by jungle vines or snow like it had been in the past...

shibuya_crossing109.jpg

Everything looked back to normal.

Once all of the players were through, even a few of the reapers who had been swept up in the mess came through as well.

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-MinamimotoShyo4.png

"Heh, you did good kids. The boss will come through in a moment. He wants to speak with everyone."

After a minute, a blinding flash of light stepped through the portal. A glowing figure of white light appeared before them, so bright it was difficult to look upon him directly.

vJcflIe.png

"I'd like to introduce myself," he began. "I am the one who had been using the alias known as Joshua. I'm the true composer, creater of the reapers' game."

He paused before he began to explain the entire story to the players.

"A year ago, in one particular location in the multiverse, John White lived as human. In his world, human DNA evolved, allowing for people with a special gene to develop powers and become beings known as conduits. But with John's power, he wished to aid his own kind only and destroy all ordinary humans who didn't have the gene. Cole, another conduit, killed John and sacrificed himself and all other conduits to save the world. Shortly after John died, I invited him to play the reapers' game. He interested me because he had potential even if he was a little misguided. I was correct about this potential. He won the game and I gave him a choice: return to life or become a reaper. He chose to become a reaper, who quickly archived promotions because of his impressive skills. Eventually I put him as my second in command. Apparently, he abused his power and assisted a demon."

"So that is the story on John. Now I will speak of your group. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, all of you are safe. The bad news is, because of John ruining this game it is void. So I cannot simply bring anyone here to life for free. However, I have a few alternatives to offer all non-traitor players...

1. You may become a reaper. Many of you sided with me in the end and that is trustworthy in my eyes. You're welcome to join me. If you choose to do so, visit our Reaper Recruitment Station here in Shibuya.

2. You may return to life WITHOUT your entry fee. I will keep it as pay for allowing you to return to life. If you choose this go to the statue of Hachiko. A portal in front of it will take you home.

3. You may play the reapers' game again for a chance to return to life with your entry fee. However, it will be fair this time. No surprises, strange illusions, or John White interuptions. If you choose this option as your path, go to Scramble Crossing tomorrow morning and we'll get started.

4. You may pass on. If your soul no longer has the will to carry on, I will allow this. You don't have to linger anymore if you don't want. If this is the path you seek, go to the Shibuya River and enter the portal."

The composer paused.

"As for the traitors, you will have no such options. Emma, Ryu, Yuka, and Mikasa all must pass on. I cannot have players who I am not able to trust."

He snapped his fingers and a group of reapers stepped forward, making their way for the traitors. They began to drag the surviving traitors away toward the portal that would send their souls on...

"Lastly, there is a third group I must address. Although Susan and Rocket were not traitors, they sided with John in the end. The only option I'm allowing for them and their companions is to play the game again."

"Anyhow, that is all I have to say to all of you. If you have any questions you may speak to me. In the mean time, I'll be doing research to find out more about this... demon... John was assisting."

The Composer looked at Teresa.

"Actually, there's something we must talk about." He snapped his fingers, causing Teresa's little noise puppy to appear in his hands.

"This little one seems quite tame. It's rare for a noise. He may stay with you as long as you choose, however, it is my regret to inform you that ordinary humans cannot see noise, so if you choose to return to life you will have to leave this little one behind..."

After the Composer spoke to the group, Shibuya was free for the group to explore once again.

The Reapers' Game Ending: Neutral

The game is now over, however, everyone may still interact with each other, write epiloges, or speak with any of the NPCs (Joshua, Sho, Coco, Jack Sparrow, Rhyme, and etc) until you feel your business is finished.

Fin~

And finally.. It was time for Teresa's ending.

Epilogue: Home is where your heart is

It wasn't something one could call 'happy', per se, but it didn't seem as bad as it could have been. She could've failed, again.. Let down not only the reapers and other players, but the entirety of the universe..

But she hadn't.

For once in her life... Teresa Agnes had won. She'd not only tried to do the right thing.... But had succeeded. With the help of countless strangers, she had played her hand in saving the world from utter destruction.

And it had felt amazing.

tumblr_nbo34szb5u1sagvlzo5_500.gif

She watched Joshua with a rejuvenated focus, squinting from the way he glowed, hearing out every last word. So... John had served a demon? Somehow, the glader wasn't surprised.

She seemed to take a bit to let all of this info sink in, standing in a daze. Even though pain, fear, anger and slight sadness were overwhelming her.. A bright smile was sealed on those defined lips.

It was finally over..

Using every last ounce of strength, the young woman stood taller than ever, hesitating. "..Wait..." she stammered, hurriedly as the traitors were apprehended.

tumblr_nc0qmxk8fe1tzrw6to1_500.gif

"Joshua.. Two of them were possessed. There.. There has to be a way to separate the melded souls.. R-right?"

As much as she hated to say it.. She didn't want to see soft spoken Ryu and little Yuka go..

...But maybe this was how it had to be, to keep things in order.

tumblr_njvun50rN51u7o8vqo1_250.gif

However, the widest and most sincere smile found its way to the woman's lips at the appearance of her wolf companion. "Little Guy!" she exclaimed, excitedly. Without thinking, she went to throw her arms around Joshua and give him a tight hug. "Oh, thank you thank you thank you! What can I do to repay you?"

There was a pause as she realized what she'd done, to which she quickly pulled back, blushing wildly and offering a sheepish smile. "Oh, uh.. Sorry.. Guess I got a little overexcited," she apologized, sheepishly.

Pfft.. Teresa Agnes didn't have emotions... What are you talking about, ya shank!?

At the explanation, Teresa actually seemed to falter. Though, the hesitation lasted mere seconds before vanishing completely, replaced with all seriousness. "I... I have no place back where you'd call my 'home'. It'd be my pleasure to stay here and serve as a reaper, if you'd allow it.. I swear to do everything, and I mean everything, in my power to keep your game and every world safe. You have my oath."

With that, Teresa knelt down, opening her arms gladly for her favorite little wolf pup. Once he was in her arms, she'd cuddle him happily, whispering softly. "See..? I told you I'd be back.."

Looking around at the rest of the group, Teresa couldn't help but wonder... Would they get their endings as well? Secretly, she deeply hoped these folk would stay- or at least visit -especially Reagan, Ryu(if allowed to stay), Crono, Asha, Minato, Jen, and Ciel.

So basically, those she had fought alongside. They all seemed like honorable warriors.. It be her pleasure to meet them again.

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Yiyel @The Pimp Tactician @Verite @Mari @Librarian Cat @Krieg @TheColourlessRainbow @ResistingTheEnlightened @Catwoman surpreme @Wedge Antilles @Xibilation @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @DapperDogman @SirDerpingtonIV @Everyone I missed 'cause SO MANY NAMES AHH​

Ryu, listening to Joshua the whole time, rose shakily to his feet. You must go to the afterlife, as you can't be trusted. Those words rang through his mind as he looked around at all those around him, purple eyes showing nothing... No emotion... Just empty. He had to have known this was coming, but still, it hit him hard. All he wanted, more than anything in the world, was to be back home, with his beloved Lupa. The female wolf was all the young male had in this world, and now, he had to spend eternity without her. Tears seem to well in his eyes, as he did his best to fight them off. You aren't crying, are you boy?! he heard Neikan's words in his mind as the inner demon laughed. A wuss until the end, I see! Ryu, doing his best to ignored him, wiped his eyes. He blinked when he heard Teresa speak up. She really.... Wanted him around? After all this? After all the hell he put her through? He knew he didn't deserve it. Even if he wasn't in control. He could have done much better to fought it, couldn't he have? He looked at her, eyes wide, as a single solitaire emotion filled them. Sadness. He was sad that he had found someone, despite all the pain he caused, that actually cared about his existence. He was sad that he had to go, and would be gone, without a trace, forever. He was sad... Because he finally found a friend. He knew he had to go to Shibya River soon.. But he had to finish up here. He walked over to Teresa, doing his best to hide his emotions, as he stood in front of her, and smiled a little. "Thanks.... For at least trying to keep me here." he said softly, unsure hat else to even begin to say. He then owed gently, as he spoke. "And I'm terribly sorry.... For everything I've done, to all of you." he then rose, and without a second thought, he kissed Teresa's cheek gently, before he turned to start walking away seeing Yuka go towards the portal. He was done here. It was time for him to get going.

Farewell.

@Savvy Savant @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Rocket Epilogue: Reunited

Rocket did as she told Coco and Jack. She hated that once more the three would have to participate in a game. But this time it was more than just the reapers game. She did as Madam Rouge taught her and her friends. To relax to see the world that she had created. She could turn of her mind as long as she listened. This is what got her through. She once more meet the wise man this time he meet not just her but her new friends. She stared at him at first confused why he might be here. He told her to remembered why she was here why she wanted to fight. He showed her her weapons which was the three pins even the one she forgot all about. Accepting them made her journey yet again begin yet again she played someone's sick game. There sick game of her being there toy in some way once as a dancer once as to make her feel fear. This time was it to lose hope? She wasn't sure she just wanted to get it over with and win. She didn't know how but this time she planned to win without dieing. How long would it take? Days? Weeks? Months? Even Years? She no longer felt the concept of time just had the will to fight.

She did fight. Just as she said how long it took for her to win in her mind many years. She figured after she had one her sister could perhaps have forgotten her. Perhaps be dead. She then blacked out. Her eyes opened once more. In a room a kitchen. She blinked and breathed she felt her side once more in pain.

Though she was not dead. She looked taking the others in there tears. She still could feel the knife her sister was still holding her. Then she heard blue yelling at them as they cried. "Look what you did." He yelled. Rocket blinked and moved the knife from her side. Medics soon followed Blue. "Take Sweetpea to the closet." Was the last words Rocket heard Blue speak before she was gone. Rocket couldn't scream at him. She didn't have the strangeth yet to fight. The day of the performance was tomorrow.

Rocket was soon in the med bay of the asylum. She fell asleep after being put under some medications she didn't agree to. She finally awoke not sure if it was the day of the performance or not. But she did see Madame Rough.She blinked looking at her. "Yes?" She asked and slowly sat up. "Your to stay here you and Sweetpea won't be in today's performance." Rocket stared at her. "Why?" Rocket asked. "Rocket your hurt and Sweetpea is still in the closet in shock." Rocket blinked at the woman's answer but nodded. She did not know what Babydoll was going through right then. Rocket watched as Madame Rough left.

latest

Rocket sighed after the news and sat waiting all she wanted was to see her sister but she didn't know where or what closet she was thrown into. Though she knew that meant Babydoll would be the main act which couldn't be good. They were to late to escape. Rocket knew Sweetpea was right there goal to escape was pointless it was just a matter of time they all met the same fate as the last group of girls who crossed Blue. Rocket hadn't been sitting long when she heard the door once more open. She looked to the door and saw Babydoll and with a key, the map, the knife that stabbed her, and the fire all in hand. Rocket's eyes grew wide. "Babydoll how did you?" Babydoll looked at her not important we need to move now and get Sweetpea. Rocket didn't ask about the others she was afraid to she nodded and followed thinking maybe they were ahead of them waiting.

Rocket followed Sweetpea to her sister in the locked closet. Babydoll opened the door with her master key that she stole from Blue. "Come on." Babydoll said to Sweetpea who stared at the two girls a moment. "What were still doing this?" She asked first Babydoll nodded. Then Babydoll grabbed the sisters arms and began to head to the next planned spot they stopped behind a desk underneath it waiting to time for the bathroom to start a fire. "What about the others? Blondie? Amber?" Babydoll looked at the two sisters a tear ran down her cheek. "It's just us now. We have to go now. We have to get out of here." She said to the sisters. Rocket looked to Sweetpea both there eyes were wide. Both held back tears because of the matter at hand then nodded. "Right let's move." Rocket finally said. They three continued the escape plan. They used a wad of paper and the fire then throw it into the bathroom which immediately caught fire activating the escape doors they would not be able to get through on there own otherwise. They went through still crouching under the desk. Then was the last door and yet again Babydoll opened it for all three of them. The were finally to the field. They stopped seeing two guards Babydol had grabbed the sisters by the hand and pulled them to crouch at a car."No this can't be we did everything right." Sweetpea stated. Babydoll began to think naming the items. "A Map, Fire, A knife, a key. One more thing what is the fifth item. One thing more." Babdyboll said repeating the last part a few times then looked at the sisters. Sweetpea had been listing and looked to Babydoll. "Well that's it then." Rocket's eyes were wide at how easily her sister was giving up. "No it can't be." She said. Babydoll looked at them both. "One more thing." She paused her eyes seemed distant for the moment. "It's me. This whole time it was me." The two sisters stared at Babydoll confused. Sweetpea then spoke. "No... What do you mean Babydoll?" Sweetpea just looked sat Babydoll. "What?" She said to the blond girl. Babydoll continued. "It's me, of course it's me. It's the only way for it to end." Sweetpea stared at Babydoll. "What do you mean?' She asked. Babydoll turned to look at Sweetpea then Rocket. "I'm saying you to go home. Return to your family. Rocket you wanted to tell your mother you love her now's your chance. Sweetpea and you wanted to go home. Out of all of us you never deserved to be here you never belonged here. You came for your sister. More than what most of us might have done. You'll both get to live your new life. Love. Your free. Your both free. This is how it's suppose to end. Your both going to go out there after me. To the gate and go." Sweetpea spoke before Rocket could say anything. "Baby no.You can't do that." Sweetpea said. Babydoll stayed calm and continued to look at the two. "Sweetpea your the strongest. Rocket is right beneath you. Your the only ones who have a chance. Just go your the only one worth this happening. It's okay. I think it's better this way. Listen I'm going to walk up there." Babydoll passed Sweetpea the key and then continued with her instructions. "Your going to go after me and go. Okay." Sweetpea looked at Babydoll. "There's got to be another way." babydoll shook her head. "No." She replied and breathed. "This is right." Babydoll stood then. "This was never my story. It's yours. Now don't screw it up okay." Babydoll said asking a reticule question. All three got ready to go. Babydoll going first. "Soon after words you two find a bus station okay." Babydoll asked Sweetpea just nodded. "You'll be fine." Babdydoll said as she walked out toward the guards. The guards Rocket could strangely hear. Sweetpea stood and Rocket copied. The sisters began to sneak behind the set of cars and the building to be at the door behind the guards. The guards asked. "Where you going sweet heart?" Rocket had gone through first for her sister told her to. Though at the gate both Rocket and Sweetpea looked to Babydoll who stared at them a moment before acting out the rest of her plan. Sweetpea then went through and closed the gate. She continued for a moment to stare Rocket beside her. Babbydoll they watched breath. The guard spoke again. "I said. Were are you going?" Babydoll they saw kicked him in where it hurt. Then they left for the bus. They got to the bus and two men stopped them from getting on. The driver they recognized as the man who keep helping them on there journey.The men behind them had grabbed there hands. "Excuse me madams. But where are you from? You seem familiar to two who escaped an asylum near by." He whispered so not many could hear other than Rocket, Sweetpea, and the driver. The driver frowned a moment. "Why no sirs. They were on here the whole night. Why I just let them off to use the restrooms." The men nodded. "Alright sorry madams. Carry on." They said and began to leave the diver stopped them. "Oh and one more thing they've been a joy the whole ride." He said the two men nodded. "Alright sir." They said then left. Sweetpea breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the man. "We don't have money." She said the driver smiled. "I know. Go on back I'll take you home. It's a long ride so in the back you two might can get some sleep." They both nodded and got on. Sweetpea sat and looked out the window while Rocket sat next to her. "We can finally go home." She said and Sweetpea nodded. "Yes but was it all worth it?" She asked Rocket shrugged.

@Everyone who wants to read the SPOILERS ARE REAL

• Love
Reactions: Ryu Keiko
scan0131.jpg
"Mmmm..." He got up and looked at the ceiling in the daze. The voice appeared, and the words of John spoke. Hearing this he looked around shaking and getting up. "I don't know much about either side so I'm going with a hunch..." Batman fled off to The Warrens. @KlutzyNinjaKitty

~Finale~
A final goodbye.

There was little to be said in this moment, and despite the angry protesting of players that had assaulted Mikasa just moments ago with what little debris they could scrounge upon the streets of this industrialized city, a moment of silence reigned supreme. Even the stern and steady Reapers, zealously following Joshua's orders much akin to how Mikasa followed John paused and pulled themselves away, as if to give the once scarfed soldier a last moment of knowing bliss and comfort. Gently, ever so gently, the last of her clan gently raised her left hand to brush against the back of Shiki's own hands, holding them softly against her and feeling the two arms that enveloped the young yet feared warrior into a warm embrace.

The Ackerman had never been one for words and emotions, the cruelty of the world had sullied and corrupted her own passions. Yet, even she could not deny her aching heart, the dawning realization that the moment her soul goes through that portal, she will no longer become herself. Sternly closing her eyes, hearing Shiki's pleas and denials of her actions, Mikasa only tighten her grip on a love she assumed would never fully blossom. A part of her wanted to admit to Shiki just exactly why she joined this Game, about why it wasn't just to end the Games in general, but to save Eren from an irreversible faith.

A fool who dared to believe.

Turning her head to face Shiki, still enveloped in the hug, Mikasa leaned backwards a bit, throwing her head back and boldly kissing the young man on the lips. The kiss was not lustful and even lacked a little passion, but it was a genuine kiss of a soldier whom knew that she would perhaps never see nor remember this man again. It was a somber kiss of a love that had been shattered by the whims of reality and the lackluster strength of a revolutionary force that strove for change at any costs. Yet, by the demand of the public, there would no be change, and the old ways of this forbidden atrocity would continue to creak and churn, torturing the majority of countless souls with the illusion of life once more.

Pulling away from the kiss and the hug after a few seconds, she withdraw her final sword attached to her belt, presenting it before Shiki. "Take this, and remember me by it." Mikasa solemnly ordered, her apathetic gaze softening as she looked before Shiki. "I...I'm sorry. I t-thought of my goals, and not enough of you. Forgive me...." the warrior concluded, handing her sword to Shiki and glancing between her as the Reapers impatiently began to edge back into escorting the Ackerman. Knowing her time was brief, Mikasa reached over, stroking the side of Shiki's left cheek, deeply looking at the radiant shimmer of his glasses and into the depths of his teary eyes.

"Do not cry for me, please, my love. Be strong and follow what you belief till' your last breath. This world is cruel, yet, it is beautifully tragic."

At the end of her words, Mikasa shockingly began to walk away on her own, the two Reapers around her baffled as they followed her. Even more shockingly, she stripped off her 3D Manuever Gear, wearing only a white button-up, blue trousers, and simple leather boots. Holding her head low, only the soft sounds of breezes filling the air, a soft chime began to escape the pink lips of the porcelain-skinned Angel of Death. It was of a tongue native to her clan, a language long forgotten in her world but renowned in many others...
Fukai yami wo ore wo nukedashita.
Hayate mitai ni nigedashita.
Ikita shikabane mitai datta
oretachi wa,
kabe no soto e.
Mata aou ze,
chizu ni nai basho de.

At the sounding of that last lyric of a familiar hymn, Mikasa stood at the end of the portal to her new realm. Feeling it's strength slowly pull her inwards, Mikasa looked first at Shiki, giving one final, stern nod to continue forward without her for the grueling days to come. Slowly but surely, she clicked her feet together, putting her left arm behind her back and her right fist over the crest of her bosom. One final salute, and as the portal grew stronger and consumed her slowly into this lie, Mikasa couldn't help but let out one final tear to caress down her cheek, knowing that she never be her same ever again...
And with that, Mikasa Ackerman soul would be laid to a false state of harmony, written down in history not as a honorable soldier fighting for the justice of a brave new world, but one of few fiendish lost souls tricked by a man whose intentions would never be revealed. Her deeds would not go down as a hero whom saved many when the Titans stormed her walls and slaughtered her people, but as a butcher with the desire to main and wreck havoc upon her wake. With her oaths forsaken, her name slandered, and her very persona collapsed into this false heaven, soon, she realized, not a single soul will even bat an eye to her name again, off to pursuit their own selfish lives of harmony, enjoying the wondrous falsehood of life at the expense of countless others.

The End.

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone who wants a read

• Love
Reactions: Verite and York
Shiki Tohno: Epilogue Part 2 - Feel

It had all happened in a flash. A flash that Shiki could barely comprehend before it was all over. One moment, the girl he loved was kissing him, her lips like an angel's touch, her taste like the sweetest cherry, and he too surprised to even react and return her affections. The next moment, he was presented with a sword. Her sword, that is. The one that she would carry into battle, the one she used to fight with. It wasn't as nimble as a knife, but if he were to ever get into a fight, another Murder Game to be specific, he'd definitely be able to use the extra range. But right now, that was the last note on Shiki's mind. The only thing he was thinking of was his current predicament; the last time he would lay eyes upon Mikasa Ackerman for sure.

He could do nothing but watch stupidly as Mikasa passed on, unable to register the warmth of her final touch, nor the fact that she was finally leaving him for good. It wasn't until she was almost gone that he had managed to get it through his head and utter one final phrase. One last thing. Shiki would speak the first words that came to mind.

"I'll never forget you! And don't you worry! Don't you worry your pretty little self. I'll end the cycle for you! I... I'll fight for our ideals! I'll make sure the cycle will end before a lot more people can get hurt!"

And before he knew it, she was gone from this world. Before he knew it, Mikasa Ackerman had disappeared before his very eyes, and he had once again failed to save the one he loved the most. Despite his big, strong words, he felt weaker and more insignificant than ever. After the black-haired warrior had left, Shiki broke down once again, the tears unable to stop. He had failed her. He had failed himself. He had failed to protect her smile. The beautiful, pure smile of a girl in an ugly, tainted world.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! You stupid idiot! Don't you cry now! She told you not to cry! You have to stay strong for her! You have to...!

It was a lot to take in. Perhaps he would not get over it so quickly, but in time, he knew he would grow strong enough to fulfill her last wish. Everything he was going to do from here to the defeat of Arch Demon Akibahara, it was going to be for her. He would dedicate everything, his actions, his decisions, his soul, to the honor of Mikasa Ackerman. Some would argue that a warrior like her had no honor, a fiend who betrayed those she cared for, but Shiki understood her. He understood what she wanted to accomplish, and how she was willing to do anything it took to achieve what she wanted. To be perfectly honest, in her situation, Shiki was afraid that he might have ended up doing the same. How funny that a murderer treated like a hero would understand the hero treated like a murderer.

Briefly removing his glasses and wiping the tears from his eyes before placing them back on, Shiki would stand back to his feet, picking up the sword that was given to him. The last memento that was proof that Mikasa Ackerman had stepped on this Earth and dared to live. The boy held the hilt tightly, his knuckles almost turning white for a brief moment. From now on, he would not cry. He would not show weakness. He would dare to oppose an arch demon, and he would dare to forfeit his life for the greater good. It would be a fitting end for a killer, after all. But he will not die before the necessary time comes.

He was sure that on the other side, he would meet Mikasa again. In time. But not now. Now, he had a job to do. He had a promise to keep. He had a smile to protect. He had a demon to kill. He had a multiverse to save. And he had a girl to meet up with at the end of all of it. Truly, he was going to go through the biggest hardships of his life in the upcoming months. But all the pain he would go through would be worth it. It would be all worth it for Mikasa.

Breathing shakily, he would look up at the sky, with eyes closed, taking a breath. He felt no desire to waste any more time here. His mission, the safety of Ciel, was ensured. He was done here, and frankly, the sooner he was out of here, the better. So with that, he would utter a single phrase, communicating to Archetype Earth Arcueid Brunestud, who was watching him from above like an omnipotent goddess watching over her little subject.

"Beam me up, Scottie."

And like that, Shiki Tohno, too, was gone from this world.

@Krieg @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone​

Ciel: Epilogue Part 1 - She Was Truly Immortal

Though she had her doubts in the beginning about whether or not the Conductor was to be trusted, Ciel had warmed up a little to him. Perhaps it was because Minato had essentially "taught" her how to feel, or simply because the Conductor's earnest personality had won her over. He reminded her of Jesus Christ a little, but to say anymore on that matter would probably raise a few jimmies. Especially as someone who worked with the Holy Church.

Making her way through the Reapers' Game, this time without any unexpected messes like before with John White and Arch Demon Akibahara present to mess everything up, Ciel, with the help of Minato, succeeded in clearing the game by themselves, going through thick and thin or something like that. She did everything to make sure that she would succeed, taking extra care considering she was now more aware of the trials, and the fact that she was still somewhat blind until she'd return to her world.

Once they had finished and made their way back to the portal that was hopefully still open for them, Ciel would sigh, somewhat tired but also excited to return. That was odd in itself. Feeling such a strong emotion like excitement. Perhaps it went to show how much she had developed as a person during her time with the others. Not just Minato, but also Yuka, Marcus, and company. Now that she had fair and squarely won the game, Ciel expected to retrieve her entry fee once she would take the portal back to her home world.

Oh, yes. Speaking of which, before she could come home, she had one more place to stop by. Didn't she? And then after that, Minato would be able to live with her in peace. Well, as peacefully as she could live, anyway.

Facing Minato, her so-called "boyfriend" for all intents and purposes, the blue-haired nun would place her hands on her hips and purse her lips. "Well, I imagine that the portal will take us to wherever we wish as long as we don't completely step out. That is my hypothesis. You'll also have to make your reunion brief, since we don't know how long the portal will last, not to impede on your last talk with your so-called adoptive family," she spoke formally, before gesturing towards the portal, and then proceeding to offer her hand and smile, "Either way, I am ready when you are, Minato-kun."

@The Pimp Tactician

Asha looked around.

So it really was over now. He had a place to be. Things to do, and people to care about.

He approached the portal out, looking out to Crono. "I think I'm ready now. I have a new future to write myself, I'll be right behind you."

@york

Status
Not open for further replies.