Murder Game V: The Reapers' Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Yuka-chan, do you still have your good luck charm?" Minato's voice was weak as he began his questioning, trying not to break down crying at the facts. "It was attached to a string, correct? Plus, you have a Happy Beam pin, a possible weapon in the murder. Along with that, I know for a fact that you have a healing pin, you used it to heal me during the first round."

Of course it was someone he was close to. It didn't seem possible, but just like the Dark Hour, one couldn't rely simply on standard logic, "Just... Just tell me the truth, Yuka-chan. Are you a traitor?"
@Gummi Bunnies

It was a whole mess... this game. With the latest murder... it was all pointed towards her with all of the evidence... It was something that she refused to believe... Yuka was scared for all she knew...

"I...I-I don't know... anymore..." Yuka let out a shaky voice, closing her eyes as she attempted to hide the fact that she was holding back tears. In her hands at this moment was her beloved good luck charm...

@The Pimp Tactician @BarrenThin

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Round 8: Unfinished Business

The group of players on the first floor of the hospital building found themselves face to face with a false version of Minato's original world and a female version of him named Kotone Shiomi. She finally dropped her guard after they talked to her for a moment, trying to figure out what in the world was going on.

Female_Protagonist_protrait.png

"If everything you're saying is true, why are all of you here?" she asked them.

On the second floor of the building, Rocket found herself in a strange maze with Coco and Jack. She decided to help rescue the game master who had been trapped under part of a wall from the maze that had collapsed on top of him.

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-MinamimotoShyo5.png

"SOH-CAH-TOA, I can't believe you would actually even try to help me," he said with shock, struggling under the rubble.

"Well, Rocket is the one who wanted to help you. So I'd say you owe her one," Coco said with a nod.

"Maybe; we'll see about that," Sho quietly replied.

For those on the roof of the Hospital building, they could hear John scowl when Teresa demand the possibility of hearing more out of Joshua. "The Composer has nothing more to say," he flatly stated.

Joshua struggled, however, to get another word in. "He'll tell you I'm being unfair with the way I run the reapers' game, but think about it. I can't bring every person back to life for participating in the game. It would throw off the balance of the multiverse. Not every person can come back from the dead. Some people die while some people live. Not everyone can live. You have to understand, there has to be some kind of order."

John gave Joshua a hard shove to the ground to quiet him down once again.

"Listen, I am offering all of you the chance to return to life. He may speak of balance, but I speak of what is fair for all. If you help me, I'll bring all of you back to life instead of a select few. This is all you have to do for me..."

John raised a hand, projecting map of the city from his palm.

"This is Empire City. The top left segment of land is called The Warrens; it's where we currently are located. The top right segment of land is called the Historic District, and the bottom segment of land is called the Neon District."

shardsmap.png

"In the Historic District and the Neon District are where the sources of Joshua's power can be found. They will look like glowing orbs of light and they're rather easy to spot," he explained.

latest

"Because they are precious to him and will kill him if destroyed, when you search them out you must be careful. He will likely have some kind of powerful foe guarding them. However, they can't be easily found here. I'll free you all from the confines of this hospital so that you many help me," he added. "Should you choose not to help me, well, I suppose you simply will not gain the reward I've promised you. And possibly even... extra rewards... such as this..."

John lifted up a small wolf pup noise, one that would look very familiar to Teresa. The pup whimpered and squirmed, looking at her. Afterwards, John began to use his abilities to create a hole in the roof of the hospital. In fact, he did so on every floor of the building.

"I trust all of you will make the right choice," he said to them just before the players fell through the hole in the roof.

maxresdefault.jpg

Similar to the hole on the roof, a hole opened up on every floor of the hospital. No matter where each player was and what they were doing, they immediately found themselves plummeting through the hospital into a dark abyss. The entire group went unconscious.

When the players started to awaken again, they found themselves in the hospital basement. A dim light from the window was enough for the group to see in order to move around, and thankfully a set of stairs could be seen leading up to a doorway that would take the entire group outside the hospital and back into the city.

Before the group prepared to exit, however, they noticed one of their own was no longer moving. Chandra's body was motionless, and upon inspecting it one could see that she was ironically killed in nearly the exact same way that Pyrrha had been killed. She was stranggled by a very thin rope-like object and shot with a pin such as Happy Beam or Natural Magnum. However, a couple of new clues could be found on her body: the wounds on her neck seemed to be partly healed. As if someone with a healing pin such as Thanx had attempted to heal the wounds on her neck to cover up that she had been strangled. Lastly, the body had a cork lying next to it and slightly pleasant aroma came from the body as if someone had dumped something sweet smelling on her either on purpose or by accident. After examining Chandra's body, she then faded away like all the others.

The players began to head to the door again, but were once again interrupted by an echo of John White's voice in the distance.

"Players, your final mission is ready. Destroy the two sources of Joshua's power and you will be brought back to life. The game will be over."

Sho Minamimoto stood up upon hearing the Conductor speak, cursing under his breath.

"Look, normally it isn't my style to help out zeros, but when zeros help me out I guess I'll return the favor. What Big John says isn't your only option. He's the second in command of the game so he has a source of power that can be destroyed too. His source is located right here in The Warrens--our current location outside this hospital. If you don't agree with his ways, you could turn on him and work together to destroy it. I'm staying out of it, but from this moment on you have to make a choice: side with Joshua or John. Whichever you choose to do, I hope you know it's gonna be dangerous on either end..."

Coco and Jack glance over to Rocket. "We're with whatever you choose to do..."

Side with John: Go to the Historic District and Neon District in order to locate Joshua's sources of power. Destroy the source that can be found in each district.

Side with Joshua: Stay in The Warrens and locate John's sole source of power, destroying it.

Players, traitor voting is now open. Whether or not another traitor is discovered will effect the difficulty of this final round. If the entire group cannot decide who to side with (Josh or John), players may choose different sides. GMing will occur later...
(Either today or tomorrow. I'm still pretty sick so I'm taking this slow. It's a miracle I even finished the update. XD)
Good luck. :)

Cast:

@BarrenThin as the Joker (DC Comics)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as William "Maxwell" Carter (Don't Starve)

@Verite as Ciel (Type-Moon)
@Jeremi as Thanos (Marvel Comics)
@The Pimp Tactician as Minato Arisato (Persona 3)
@Mari as Emma Frost (X-Men, Marvel Comics)
@Dat Pussy Cat as Silver Sablinova (Marvel Comics) and Teresa Agnes (The Maze Runner Series)
@Krieg as Big Sister (Bioshock Trilogy)
@Xibilation as Marie (The Aristocrats)

@Jenny as Jenny (Doctor Who) and Kanye West
@Yiyel as Assassin Asha (Iji)
@The Gil as Lorne Malvo (Fargo)
@york as Crono (Crono Trigger)
@DapperDogman as Chandra Nalaar (Magic The Gathering)
@Gummi Bunnies as Yuka Mochida (Corpse Party: Blood Covered)
@Josh M as Chrom (Fire Emblem)
@Salsacookies as Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
@Caramon Zero as Gajeel Redfox (Fairy Tale)
@Atomyk as Susan Ashworth (The Cat Lady)

@Ziogen as Aesir (Valkyrie Profile)
@Batman as Batman (Batman Arc)
@Wedge Antilles as Marcus Wright (Terminator: Salvation)
@Raven as Rocket (Sucker Punch)
@MrDubWubs as Kamina (Gurren Lagaan)
@El Presidente as Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect Series)
@Arlathina as Ashabel eh'l Nahime
@Arnold Solomon as Jorik Goringtove
@sierra as Ryou and Bakura (Yugioh duel monsters)
@Crazy 8 Nate as Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite)
@Levy McGarden as Levy McGarden (Fairy Tale) and Eevee (Pokemon)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) and Jodie Holmes (Beyond Two Souls)
@froggy as P.E.T.E

@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Claptrap (Borderlands)
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko
@SirDerpingtonIV as Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY)
@Ozzie Chanter as Gabriel (Supernatural) and Ashley "Ash" J. Williams (Evil Dead Trilogy)
@Celeste as Celestia 'Celeste' Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)
@Thuro Pendragon as Hurley (Lost)
@Iowan Corn as Guy Noir (A Prairie Home Companion)

@ResistingTheEnlightened as Commissioner Franklin Fitzgerald Reagan (Blue Bloods)

Eliminated
Neku Sakuraba - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BEHEADED!

Shiki Misaki - MURDERED! INNOCENT! DROWNED!
Silver - MURDERED! INNOCENT! DROWNED!
Rocket - INNOCENT! KILLED IN A DUEL!
Lorne Malvo - INNOCENT! CRUSHED TO DEATH!
Gajeel Redfox - INNOCENT! CRUSHED TO DEATH!
Jorik Goringtove - INNOCENT! CRUSHED TO DEATH!
Pyrrha Nikos - MURDERED! INNOCENT! STRANGLED AND SHOT!
Kanye West - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRUTALLY KILLED!
The Joker - INNOCENT! KILLED IN A DUEL!
Elizabeth - INNOCENT! KILLED BY NOISE!
Jodie Holmes - INNOCENT! KILLED BY NOISE!
Levy McGarden - INNOCENT! KILLED BY NOISE!
Eevee - INNOCENT! KILLED BY NOISE!
William Maxwell Carter - INNOCENT! KILLED BY NOISE!
Marie - MURDERED! INNOCENT! THROAT SLIT!
Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! THROAT SLIT!
P.E.T.E - INNOCENT! LEFT BEHIND!
Gabriel - INNOCENT! LEFT BEHIND!
Celeste - MURDERED! INNOCENT! ELECTROCUTED!
Ash Williams - INNOCENT! KILLED IN A DUEL!
Susan Ashworth - MURDERED! INNOCENT! KILLED BY BIG SISTER'S RAMPAGE!
Chrom - MURDERED! INNOCENT! KILLED BY BIG SISTER'S RAMPAGE!
Hurley - MURDERED! INNOCENT! KILLED BY BIG SISTER'S RAMPAGE!
Guy Noir - MURDERED! INNOCENT! KILLED BY BIG SISTER'S RAMPAGE!
Wander - MURDERED! INNOCENT! KILLED BY BIG SISTER'S RAMPAGE!
'Big Sister' Mikasa Ackerman - GUILTY! KILLED BY THE PLAYERS!
Ryu Keiko - GUILTY! KILLED BY TERESA!
Teresa Agnes - INNOCENT! KILLED BY RYU!
Chandra - MURDERED! INNOCENT! STRANGLED AND SHOT!
[BCOLOR=#000000]P[/BCOLOR]yrrha fell to her knees, looking down at Chandra, scooping up the girl in her arms, seeing the wounds there, analyzing them, before holding Chandra tight, and leaning in for one final kiss, only to discover that her lover, the red-headed, beautiful, fire-hearted Pyromancer Chandra had gone. She pulled back, blinking her emerald green eyes in despair, tears welling in her eyes, threatening to fall down her cheeks. "N-no..." she whispered. She pulled herself weakly to her feet, tears openly flowing down her cheeks, dripping to the floor beneath her where Chandra's body had lie. "No.........." she murmured again, curling her fingers into fists, green eyes sparking with rage. The tiny string, the Happy Beam/Magnum, these had been used to kill her. She'd find out who this was. And she'd kill them. However, just as she was a bout to turn around, she heard something. She turned around, seeing Minato and Yuka. She looked away, pretending to not hear, as she listened. At the slightest admission of guilt, she would let that little demon feel the pain and agony she and Chandra had gone through at her hands.

"...Yuka-chan, do you still have your good luck charm?" Minato's voice was weak as he began his questioning, trying not to break down crying at the facts. "It was attached to a string, correct? Plus, you have a Happy Beam pin, a possible weapon in the murder. Along with that, I know for a fact that you have a healing pin, you used it to heal me during the first round."

Of course it was someone he was close to. It didn't seem possible, but just like the Dark Hour, one couldn't rely simply on standard logic, "Just... Just tell me the truth, Yuka-chan. Are you a traitor?"
@Gummi Bunnies

Thanos stood arms crossed behind Minato curious to see the girls reaction to the questioning. Her reply was met with slight...bemusement.

"You don't know? Tell me, child...is there a reason why that would be the case?" He glanced over to Pyrrha. "Your deeds, if they have been your deeds, have caused much heartbreak. Perhaps if the truth came out we'd be willing to protect you. Unless it is death you prefer then I imagine that can be arranged as well."

@The Pimp Tactician @BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies

"...o-okay..." Yuka seemed to be defeated in some way, holding out her charm for everyone to see. It was obvious that the cork of her charm's jar was gone. Closing her eyes again, she still tried to fight back tears... "I-I'm... I'm... s-s...sorry... I'm so sorry... I....I just wanted ...to go... home..."

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
@Everyone

Asha reflectively looked around again. "Just a thought. What if the traitors were only traitors because of a control John had over them? If this is to be true, it matters not should Yuka be a traitor or not. And I shall personally apply this thought - you can either stay here and persecute this little girl, or you can follow me in finally annihilating the TRUE traitor of this game - John."

For a moment, he simply stared at the charm, expression blank and unreadable. Then, his voice echoed out, sorrow laced within the words, "D-did you even care that people died for your selfishness? Did my death even mean anything to you? Was your big brother and friend that pointless to you?"

@Gummi Bunnies

• Love
Ciel05.png

Like a savage beast, upon seeing that the cork was gone, Ciel immediately grabbed Yuka by the neck, lifting her up from the ground with one arm. "So you... you were one of the Traitors all along. You betrayed our trust, you worked alongside those who killed innocents... You were the reason Minato-kun had to die," she growled, as if ready to kill the little girl right there, "You're a monster no better than the demons I hunt. You don't get to justify your actions here, you... you...!"

@The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Mari @Yiyel @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles @Xibilation @Xx420BLAZEITxX

Last edited:
Yuka18_zps44ccef69.png

"...o-okay..." Yuka seemed to be defeated in some way, holding out her charm for everyone to see. It was obvious that the cork of her charm's jar was gone. Closing her eyes again, she still tried to fight back tears... "I-I'm... I'm... s-s...sorry... I'm so sorry... I....I just wanted ...to go... home..."
Pyrrha charged as soon as the girl's sentence was out. Ciel had beat her to the girl, grabbing hold of her neck. Pyrrha roared in fury, shoving Ciel out of the way, taking hold of the girl, slamming her onto the ground. Pyrrha jabbed one knee into the girl's chest, pinning her down, sitting ontop of her, fists raised into the air. "WHY?!" she screamed, tears dripping down on the girl. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO PEOPLE!? DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT ALL THE LIVES YOU'VE TAKEN! WE ALL COULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF HERE TOGETHER YOU LITTLE SELFISH IMP! YOU WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR HOME! I WILL END YOU AS YOU HAVE ENDED ALL THE OTHERS!"

Like a savage beast, upon seeing that the cork was gone, Ciel immediately grabbed Yuka by the neck, lifting her up from the ground with one arm. "So you... you were one of the Traitors all along. You betrayed our trust, you worked alongside those who killed innocents... You were the reason Minato-kun had to die," she growled, as if ready to kill the little girl right there, "You're a monster no better than the demons I hunt. You don't get to justify your actions here, you... you...!"

@The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Mari @Yiyel @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles @Xibilation @Xx420BLAZEITxX

Of all the people present it was Thanos that stayed her hand. "You are acting like you wouldn't have done the same if the opportunity had presented itself. All men can be bought for the right price, and this child's price was to escape death. Are you mad at her for deceiving you. Or are you right now mad at yourself because you allowed yourself to trust her?"

@Verite @everyone

Asha had put his hand on Pyrhha's shoulder. "I'm not going to stop you. I just want you to think. We have an opportunity to destroy John, and everyone is alive right now. What is it that you wish to obtain from killing a young one? Chandra - and from what I can see, you both care about each other - is right there. Everyone is right there. Is it right to feel rage for things that have been undone - so that they may as well have never happened?"

"...I...I didn't want to! I-I swear!" Yuka's eyes widened in fear as she was lifted up into the air by Ciel,"I... I was only told that I would go home...but...but... I don't remember killing anybody until.... Chandra died... and I tried to save her... I'm... I'm sorry...." She was a rambling mess, her eyes watering up and tears streaming down her face. It was like the whole world was against her, and to be truthful... she never wished for people to die like this...

"I...I never wanted to kill you... Minato-kun... Ciel-san... I- ACK!" Yuka spoke towards Minato and Ciel, but was immediately shoved to the ground by Pyrrha. All that Yuka was able to respond with was with weak cries and sobs.

@everybody that is after Yuka

Chandra took a step forwards, her hands and hair igniting as she aimed a palm at Pyrrha, blasting her in the side as she continued to walk toward the group, her hands aimed at any who would harm the little girl

"Now...normally I'd be more than happy to reduce this little girl to a pile of ash and embers...god...she killed me...I should burn her just for thinking about it...but my god...that one has a point" she says, pointing to Asha "We need to focus at getting out...it clearly wasn't anyone's intentions to murder...Mikasa...Ryu...Yuka...they're being controlled...promised a way out...possessed by evil...saving loved ones...try to tell me...that in her position...you wouldn't do the damn same thing!"

The pyromancer was hot headed, yes...but she had a heart, lucky for Yuka, else she'd be dead by now

Her attention turned to Pyrrha, it was a hard blast, more air than fire...she would've fried anyone else on the spot...but she held the woman very dearly in her heart

"You okay, babe?" she asks almost casually "Someone make sure she's not been singed or anything..."

@everyone

"I-I won't deny it, Thanos. I'm angry at both myself and Yuka. So this is what my bond with her amounts to..." Minato's head hung low, his legs about to give way. His friend had betrayed him. Did this mean that it meant nothing to Yuka? Were all of his loved ones capable of this? Was... Was even Ciel willing to betray him?

At that thought, a few silent tears dropped from his eyes, dripping to the floor beneath Minato.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Verite

Pyrrha charged as soon as the girl's sentence was out. Ciel had beat her to the girl, grabbing hold of her neck. Pyrrha roared in fury, shoving Ciel out of the way, taking hold of the girl, slamming her onto the ground. Pyrrha jabbed one knee into the girl's chest, pinning her down, sitting ontop of her, fists raised into the air. "WHY?!" she screamed, tears dripping down on the girl. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO PEOPLE!? DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT ALL THE LIVES YOU'VE TAKEN! WE ALL COULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF HERE TOGETHER YOU LITTLE SELFISH IMP! YOU WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR HOME! I WILL END YOU AS YOU HAVE ENDED ALL THE OTHERS!"

"So it is an eye for an eye is it?" Thanos looked on but didn't stay Phyrra's hand. "Here I thought someone like you had integrity. What will slaying her accomplish?"

@The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Mari @Yiyel @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles @Xibilation @Xx420BLAZEITxX

@Verite @everyone

Asha had put his hand on Pyrhha's shoulder. "I'm not going to stop you. I just want you to think. We have an opportunity to destroy John, and everyone is alive right now. What is it that you wish to obtain from killing a young one? Chandra - and from what I can see, you both care about each other - is right there. Everyone is right there. Is it right to feel rage for things that have been undone - so that they may as well have never happened?"
"...I...I didn't want to! I-I swear!" Yuka's eyes widened in fear as she was lifted up into the air by Ciel,"I... I was only told that I would go home...but...but... I don't remember killing anybody until.... Chandra died... and I tried to save her... I'm... I'm sorry...." She was a rambling mess, her eyes watering up and tears streaming down her face. It was like the whole world was against her, and to be truthful... she never wished for people to die like this...

"I...I never wanted to kill you... Minato-kun... Ciel-san... I- ACK!" Yuka spoke towards Minato and Ciel, but was immediately shoved to the ground by Pyrrha. All that Yuka was able to respond with was with weak cries and sobs.

@everybody that is after Yuka
The warrior girl entirely ignored Asha's words, continuing to seethe down at the little girl. But after a few seconds, she responded. "She works for John. She wouldn't help us in any way." She brought the first fist down, slamming it into the little girl's nose.

Susan had already made her decision. She was tired of these murders and of this game. She was tired of being jerked around by these 'gods of death', or whatever they wanted to be called. She'd end this once and for all-- but not for anyone's sake but her own. "Rhyme," she said, looking at the girl. "Hrist," she said, nodding toward the woman who'd been her only ally in this game. "I'm siding with John, but I believe most of the others won't do so. That's fine... they're capable of making their own decisions. You two as well... you can go wherever you like." She lifted her hand, clasping the Frantic Pin attached to her sweater. Bursts of air emanated out from her, her hair and clothes flying every which way. "You're still my partner, Hrist, even if we go to different sides. Until the end, that's how I want it to be."

For just a moment, she thought Hrist looked like someone else. Dark hair, make-up, a black skirt-- but then she was back to her usual self. Susan figured she was hallucinating. After dying so many times, she figured she was overdue for a bit of crazy.

With that, Susan rose into the air. That Yuka was a traitor didn't concern her-- There was still one remaining, after all. The others would deal with her, and maybe Susan would make a vote. She'd have time to think on it, as she made her way to the Neon District.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Ziogen

@Everyone.

Asha just shook his head at Pyrrha's reaction. "See, this is what's wrong with humans. Most of you lose control of your emotions, and it incapacitates you."

Status
Not open for further replies.