Murder Game V: The Reapers' Game

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nietzsche wrote those lines. If you're going to quote the man, you should know that his writings, while rather paradoxical, were meant to serve as a means to discover the path to overcoming one's weakness. He actually didn't approve of nihilism," Minato recounted with a relaxed tone. It seemed the boy wasn't going to give up on the nun, "Ciel-chan, you shouldn't allow your self-doubts to rule you. If you do, then eventually, you'll be swallowed whole by them and become lost in a quagmire of dead emotions."

"I... I once let that happen to me. I don't want to see that happen to you."
"You won't have to see it. It's already happened before," she curtly replied, glancing in Minato's direction. The situation continued to perplex her. Why did this boy, whom she hasn't even known for more than a week, care so much? What could he possibly see in someone like her? A simple murderer who was atoning for her sins by murdering even more? Perhaps it had something to do with the gaps in her memory, these holes which she probably gave away as payment for the Game, but she felt like she was familiar with this feeling in some way.

"Tell me, Minato-kun, have you ever committed murder? Have you ever taken the life of someone else? Wiped their existence, along with their hopes, dreams, and their memories off the face of the planet? To be a hunter is to be involved in a nasty business indeed. It becomes all the same to you after you get used to it, which will inevitably happen whether you want it to or not..."

A firm shake of his head for the negative, "Not on my own, I haven't, but in a group, yes. They wished to bring about the end of the world and my group couldn't allow that to happen. It may not be the same, Ciel-chan, but with how close I've come to doing it on my own, it wouldn't surprise me if I could actually do it. Sometimes, that thought terrifies me," a downtrodden dull crossed his eyes for a moment before his spirit picked back up.

"But that doesn't mean I would necessarily be a monster. Sometimes, a price that seems unpayable must be payed and sometimes, that price is the life of another. If it means I could protect the ones I care for, then yes, I would be able to commit murder. The thought still sickens me, but I would be willing to do it if it meant I could save you and Yuka-chan for example."

A firm shake of his head for the negative, "Not on my own, I haven't, but in a group, yes. They wished to bring about the end of the world and my group couldn't allow that to happen. It may not be the same, Ciel-chan, but with how close I've come to doing it on my own, it wouldn't surprise me if I could actually do it. Sometimes, that thought terrifies me," a downtrodden dull crossed his eyes for a moment before his spirit picked back up.

"But that doesn't mean I would necessarily be a monster. Sometimes, a price that seems unpayable must be payed and sometimes, that price is the life of another. If it means I could protect the ones I care for, then yes, I would be able to commit murder. The thought still sickens me, but I would be willing to do it if it meant I could save you and Yuka-chan for example."
"If they wished to end the world, then it's okay, right? Them or the world. The villains or the good people of Earth. They deserved damnation, and you simply inflicted it upon them. Would you be able to murder a good person? Could you look them in the eyes? The eyes that look up at you, pleading for life, wishing to be spared? The eyes that look up at you with despair and hopelessness when they realize their wish has been denied? What if you had to sacrifice me or Yuka to save the other? Could you do it? Could you leave one of us to save the other?" She asked, frowning now. If she could still see, Ciel would be looking intensely at him.

"Hmm... perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. Maybe this conversation was a mistake...." She sighed, waiting for the child with them to do or say something.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"If it matters, Yuka," Marcus said as they walked hand in hand, "I wonder what's going to happen to me as well. Especially this last time, a lot of people perished. Let's just hope we'll be okay."
"We'll be okay... we shouldn't be thinking so... u-um.. negative. We just need to look on forward... because thinking negatively... doesn't bring much good..." Yuka spoke as they continued their walk to the Bus Terminal. Even in hard times, she tries to think positive, because there was no good in thinking negatively if there's a way to fix it for the better. They needed to stay focused on this game, so they could have a chance to go home. Then again, Yuka was that young despite her earlier experiences that she had no idea on what was in store of them, and this was her humble and innocent way of looking at their situation... something that would be highly different than what Marcus could be thinking about at this very moment.

@Wedge Antilles @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Minato flinched at the harsh tone she had taken with him. He had expected this to be a troublesome topic to discuss, but perhaps he had underestimated her thoughts, "No, it isn't. You're right to ask questions like these, because honestly, I don't know how much thought is necessary to decide."

"But... It would be tough in the case between you and Yuka-chan. I would choose you because you are the most important person in my life right now. However, that doesn't mean I would be unable to mourn Yuka-chan. It would be hard, but as long as I had you, I believe I would be able to handle the pain."

@Verite

@Ryu Keiko @Jenny

The shopkeeper looked at him with slight worry. "What exactly are you going to do?"
Ryu smiled and stepped outside as he held his Earthquake pin. "With this pin... I should be able to control the earth around us right?" He asked, eyes gleaming as he leaned down and touched the soil below his feet. "Meaning, if I can do that, I can possibly dig up some minerals in the earth, like diamond, or anything else that may be valuable." he smiled as he looked back at the being. "I think...that is..."

@Jenny @Yiyel

Minato flinched at the harsh tone she had taken with him. He had expected this to be a troublesome topic to discuss, but perhaps he had underestimated her thoughts, "No, it isn't. You're right to ask questions like these, because honestly, I don't know how much thought is necessary to decide."

"But... It would be tough in the case between you and Yuka-chan. I would choose you because you are the most important person in my life right now. However, that doesn't mean I would be unable to mourn Yuka-chan. It would be hard, but as long as I had you, I believe I would be able to handle the pain."

@Verite
She took a small breath, blowing some air from her nose as she listened to his response.

"If that's the case... then when the time comes, you better be ready to act with resolve. Or else you'll forget why you take the lives of others," Ciel only said.

"Don't worry," a gentle hand reached to Ciel's, "I won't forget what I've said here nor will I back away from it."

@Verite

@Ryu Keiko

The being's eyes grew wide. "I'm not sure that's a good idea. First, I don't even know if there IS ground to dig up for minerals. Second, the Reapers and the Conductor won't like that. But hey - if you want to do it, your funeral..."

@Gummi Bunnies

Bus Terminal

It was a nice, clear area - with the usual building hub, and a few buses - one of them was even not covered by plants, and it's door was open! There was also a billing booth a little ways away.

@Gummi Bunnies

Bus Terminal

It was a nice, clear area - with the usual building hub, and a few buses - one of them was even not covered by plants, and it's door was open! There was also a billing booth a little ways away.
Marcus looked at Yuka. "Do you want to check out the billing booth first?"

@Gummi Bunnies
"Um... yeah... let's check the billing booth..." Yuka nodded, thinking it was only sensible that they check there first before looking at the buses.

@Wedges Antilles @Yiyel

Jack Sparrow nodded and moved over to Batman to help him out. "Don't ask me how it happened. I just know that even my own bloody conscience won't let me leave a little girl behind while she's trapped under there." He began to help Batman move the shelf, hearing the little girl starting to whimper.

"I-I'm scared. Someone help me..."
He Pushed with all his might trying to get the shelf off. (If successful) He looked at the little girl and spoke. He waited for her to run to him, In joy and happiness he wanted her to see the "Batman." He wanted her to see hope and safety in his eyes. "I-It's ok I'm here now..." He said calm and collected but a bit still deep and raspy.

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies

The booth man just stared at them, before reaching out of his stall and grasping a vine leaf, handing it to them. "We're in a city. If it's not a tree, bush or grass, it's really fucking wierd. As for that bus over there..." He adjusted his cap for effect. "That's Juggernaut, the good ol' bus serving Line 10. Only bus which never ever broke down. I don't even know how it's not covered by plants - but it still runs, and goes to Dogenzaka. Not like there's anywhere else to go - the other ones were SUPPOSED to be bound for out-of-town, but ever since this game started that's not a possibility."

The booth man just stared at them, before reaching out of his stall and grasping a vine leaf, handing it to them. "We're in a city. If it's not a tree, bush or grass, it's really fucking wierd. As for that bus over there..." He adjusted his cap for effect. "That's Juggernaut, the good ol' bus serving Line 10. Only bus which never ever broke down. I don't even know how it's not covered by plants - but it still runs, and goes to Dogenzaka. Not like there's anywhere else to go - the other ones were SUPPOSED to be bound for out-of-town, but ever since this game started that's not a possibility."

"Thanks", Marcus said to the booth man. He then looked at Yuka. "Want to visit that Juggernaut?"

@Gummi Bunnies

"Thanks", Marcus said to the booth man. He then looked at Yuka. "Want to visit that Juggernaut?"

@Gummi Bunnies
"Um... sure. Doesn't hurt to check it..." Yuka nodded, knowing that they would have to check the 'Juggernaut' at some point. Plus, she found that whole piece of information from the booth man interesting.

@Wedge Antilles

@Everyone @Gummi Bunnies @8Ball @Wedge Antilles @Yiyel @Ryu Keiko @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Thuro Pendragon @MrDubWubs @DapperDogman @Ziogen @Atomyk

The Reapers text all the players again

Make sure all of you have voted. Anyone who has posted at least once this round doesn't vote is as bad as the traitors are and will be punished for it later on! If for some reason you did vote and your name doesn't appear below, it means Klutzy couldn't find your vote your text message didn't go through. Please bold and underline the name of the person you wish to vote in order for it to register.

Traitor Votes So Far

Asha - 1 (Teresa)

Emma Frost - 1 (Batman)

Ryu Kieko - 2 (Ciel, Minato)

Minato - 2 (Big Sister, Emma)

Gabriel - 1 (Jenny)

Current plants left to find for the scavenger hunt: Venus Fly Trap, Orchids, and Lianas

Venus Fly Trap

Four Leaf Clover

Orchids

Lianas

Bromeliads

-The Reapers
Crono
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yiyel @Jeremi

Thankfully, with enough speed, Crono managed to strike the dragon, slashing the beast across the belly using his skill with swords to his advantage, he didn't relax just yet as he looked around, trying to see if there were any other Noise creatures heading their way.
@Ryu Keiko @Jenny

The shopkeeper looked at him with slight worry. "What exactly are you going to do?"

@Krieg

A-East
The area seemed... gloom, even despite all the new vegetation. The streets were devoid of people. If Big Sister so desired, she could head either to a concert space or a gothic-lolita shop with a particularly flashy sign.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi

Asha charges up his Natural Magnum pin, aiming for a shot at the shoulder joint of the dragon.

@Xx420BLAZEITxX

The stall owner giggled as Claptrap walked away - though it could hear him gasp as he saw the same jungle sprawling.
Thanos meanwhile would use his Frantic pin to create a strong torrent of wind in an attempt to topple the dragon over. He didn't really care for the Reapers he was trying to rescue...but he figured that they would owe him after this.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Yiyel
@Yiyel @Jeremi @york

The beast roared in pain when he was slashed across the belly with Crono's sword. No other noise were heading their way right away when Crono looked, but the dragon hadn't given up just yet! He blasted a burst of fire at the group! However, he was caught inside the torrent of wind that Thanos used against him. Because of this, he was unable to to dodge Asha's shot against his shoulder. The dragon groaned in pain and attempted to attack again. However, if one of the players rolled an even number (dice), they would finish it off!
What. What. Punching walls. What. Hrist was speechless for a moment before she scowled and clenched her fist. Light forming around it more as a show than anything else, she attacked the gang signs like a mad dog. At this point, her knuckles were probably already bloody.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
When Hrist attacked the wall, it was as if the images on it suddenly sprung to life!

Hush_the_Noise_by_kuroseishin.jpg

A winged-wolf creature peeled up from the concrete and became more solid after it appeared. It lunged at Hrist, seeming as if it were going to attack, but instead the wolf snatched Hrist's player pin right off her person! It then started to fly off...
"What.The.Bloody.Hell,"Bakura said starring at the picture of him an expression of shock/confusion.

Ryou blinked, "fangirls are crazy," he concluded looking away from the picture to examine the poster before leading them to a different area of the Museum.
@Librarian Cat
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
It's official, this place is screwed in the head.
Great, now apparently I'm an actor, I guess I would be a sexy actor...never-mind.
He stepped over to Ryou and Bakura who seemed to be looking a Bakura...as a mermaid? "I'm not the only one as well huh? Yeah, creepy, lets move on now..." and with that, he followed Ryou & Bakura further into the museum, hoping no more creepy artwork would pop up.

@Yiyel
@Catwoman surpreme
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Garrus was about to be very disappointed if he was hoping to wander around in the museum and not find more creepy fan art. As Ryou and Garrus began to look around some more, they spotted a familiar face which Ryou would probably recognize...

chola_yami_marik_by_what_would_bakura_do-d5qatc7.jpg

Yami Marik Edit... Pretty...

commission_me2_halloween_by_jinzali-d326jfa.jpg

Mass Effect Halloween? Okay then...

Pyrrha shook her head. "We have not seen him before. And would you like him dead or alive?" she asked. This one certainly sounded dangerous.
Rocket listened to all the information and the other girl's consequences. On her own thoughts she was planning on how she might help. 'Okay so I need something new to stand for...That way I can keep my head in the game.' She thought to herself nodding as she listened. "Okay got so look for a kid named Joshua...." She paused and put her right hand at her chin. "Sorry I haven't seen him since I've been here. I'm met a few interesting people so far however. And being the pins may still help that's a start." She had a look of pure thought. :If it is a kid then we might should expect a few interesting things as well to look for like..." She remembered the water gun and smiled. "Like they may have games of tag in a way planed he could be wanting us to look for him. I guess you could say a game of hid and seek." She then moved her hand back to her side. "I'm sure we can probable find him."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @SirDerpintonIV
914059-konishi.jpg

Konishi smiled when the two seemed so willing to help her out. "I really appreciate this. It will help not only the reapers, but the players too. We can't have a criminal running around causing problems, now can we? I'd like him brought to me alive, because I'd like to find out what he knows about the individual he's helping break into this game. Also, I want him to clean up the mess he's made. We're still cleaning up chunks of ice from the snow issue and now we have a ton of plants to deal with. But you'll see that soon enough when the two of you return to the city."
Susan - Molco

She could only stare for a moment, surprised she'd managed to find a plant so quickly. She was flabbergasted to say the least. Susan actually smiled as she took it, albeit a bit shyly. "... Thank you. This helps a lot." Nodding to the reaper, she stowed the plant away, before activating Frantic and flying on over toward #10 Shibuya Main Store.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
When Susan heads over to the Shibuya Main Store, she finds there are several small areas inside the store including a lawn and garden department. A plant expert is in the back reading a book. [BCOLOR=transparent]His book looks interesting… do you [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]take it[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] or [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]try to talk about it[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?[/BCOLOR]
He Pushed with all his might trying to get the shelf off. (If successful) He looked at the little girl and spoke. He waited for her to run to him, In joy and happiness he wanted her to see the "Batman." He wanted her to see hope and safety in his eyes. "I-It's ok I'm here now..." He said calm and collected but a bit still deep and raspy.
Batman succeeded in helping Jack move the shelf off the little girl. She would have gotten up to run to Batman, but she was hurt.

"I-I don't know if I can move," she whimpered. "C-Can you help me?"
Teresa huffed, rolling her eyes. "I do know. And I'm not some tool.. For 'measurement' or otherwise," she stated, firmly. Okay, maybe she wasn't one hundred percent sure she was correct.. But who cared? Shaking off the though, she glanced at the new arrival, raising a brow. Man.. What happened to real clothes?

Teresa kept a straight face, tilting her head curiously. Well.. Better play along, huh? "Never said I didn't like it.. It's just got us locked in, is the problem," she explained to the Reaper, running her tongue over her lip. So.. He needed help, huh? "What kinda reason are ya looking for, you shank?" she inquired, interest piqued. "I'm always down for helping out. Just tell us what ya need."

..Okay, maybe not 'always'.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari
Emma wondered what would be in store for them as she responded, "very well, what might we be able to help you with?"

6479bd6b3dd2d4b7ecbdf94438c8c494.jpg

Emma wished she had her telepathy to merely convince him that they'd done what he was intending to ask, but, she realized they might just have to actually do what the reaper here had in mind.

@Nobody Important @Arlathina

"SOH-CAH-TOA, I knew you stupid zeros would come around. So listen, all I need is some foil, get me? Tin foil. We're in a store. There should be plenty of it around. Just dig around until you find me some. Do that and I'll pack up my art and take it elsewhere."

Status
Not open for further replies.