Mr. and Mrs. Wilson's Home for the Parentless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaine frowned as Xavier was denied his toast, quietly reaching to grab a piece for himself. When he decided it was safe, he quickly grabbed another, hiding it under the table to give to Xavier later. Every little bit counted...

Then feigning innocence, he quietly started eating, gently nudging Xavier with his elbow to let him know. It wasn't the first time they'd snuck food for eachother. The tricky part was hiding the food from the Wilsons until it was safe.

Seeing Kaine steak another piece of toast for him made Xavier smile slightly before he quickly wiped it off his face knowing if he looked happy the Wilson's would know something was up. He heard Mrs. Wilson in the living room on the phone with someone.

"How old is he?" She asked whoever she was talking to. Yes we would love to have a six-year-old it's been a while since we've had a young child."

So we're getting a six-year-old Xavier thought to himself. It's sick how she can turn seem so nice to the social workers and be so awful to us.

Kaine's heart dropped into his stomach as he listened to the phone conversation. A six year old? That was way too young to be forced into such a hell-hole. Swallowing, he did his best to keep his thoughts from showing on his face, focusing on finishing the last of his breakfast.

Well, at least a younger child would have a much better chance at getting adopted, if anyone came by... At least, if the Wilsons would allow it. They had a nasty habit of finding non-existent issues in the paperwork of potential adopters, just to keep kids as long as they could...

Sighing, he finished his last piece of bacon, before looking up and towards to new girl, again. Knowing she was probably starting to realize the hell she walked into, he gave another sympathetic smile and a small wave. The Wilsons didn't like them talking at the table.

Since he only had a few pieces of bacon and the expired orange juice Xavier finished before everyone else wanting to get away from the Wilson's he picked up his plate and cup and took them into the kitchen and put them into the sink. One of the few things they actually do for use wash our dishes because "us brats use up too much hot water" as he walked out of the kitchen he gave a glance at Kaine and Stelios both were still eating.

3981933.png

After waiting outside for a few minutes the door opened revealing a man who appeared to be in his early or mid 40s. He and the social worker smiled at one another. The blue eyed girl observed the man from head to toe before muttering the words,

"Fake ass bastard."

His eyes showed anger as he looked at her for but a moment as she made eye contact right back at him before he quickly masked his anger with a smile. Soon she was lead inside and his his colors were shown after he closed the door. He grabbed her by the color of her shirt causing the fabric to cut into her neck making it difficult for her to breathe. He dragged her off to where two boys were seated.

'Sit down and dont say a word."

He commanded as se glared at him before noticing a sympathetic wave and expression upon another boys face. She turned her head away and contiued glaring at the man refusing to sit down. Shed never recieved such rude treatment and wasnt about to listen to the man after the way he tossed her down. Her eyes were determined and gelid as they stayed firmly locked on the middle aged man. She saw when he looked at her again this time a cold smile appeared upon her face as she mouthed the words,

"Fuck you."

She watched as a different boy hopped up from the table and walked away.

"Alright, we're sending him over right now."

A young boy with blond hair stared at a random spot on the tiled floor as he hugged his teddy bear close to his chest. He let his legs swing back and forth as he listened the conversation happening near him. When he heard the familiar click of a phone being put up, he picked up his head, crystal blue eyes boring into a young lady in a formal atire. She seemed to be in her late twenties as she smiled kindly at the little boy.

"Good news, Skye. We've found you an orphanage to go to!" The lady crouched in front of him as she said in a soft voice, "You won't be alone anymore, okay?" Skye only nodded at her words.

Soon, he was picked up and being taken to a black car. The lady put him in the backseat in his carseat, making sure he was strapped in. "Going to miss you, Skye. Be a good boy for Mr. and Mrs. Wilson!" She said as she closed the door and waved good-bye. He stared at her until she was out of sight.

~~~

The ride was quite a long one, but they had finally made it. It was a house that seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. It gave Skye the creeps and it was pretty obvious on his face and in his body language. He silently got out of car when his door was opened. Holding hands with the driver as they went to the front door, he hid behind the driver's legs when the doorbell was rung.

An old lady opened the door. She was all smiles and joyous feelings. It calmed Skye just a bit. "Oh, is this the six year old? Why, isn't he just adorable?" She said in a soft, carng tone. "Why don't you come here? No need to be so shy!"

Slowly, Skye appeared from behind the black-clad legs. He held Butterscotch, his teddy bear, close to him, hiding half of his face. He assumed that the lady was Mrs. Wilson.

"I'm Mrs. Wilson! And your name?"

Shifting his bear, the blond said, ".....Skye."

"Well, Skye, let's get you inside. Everyone is eating breakfast and eager to meet you!" She held out her hand for Skye to take, who did, but hesitantly. He was slow to adapting to new things. She led him down a hall that led to a kitchen and a table, where a bunch of kids were. The sudden appearance of more people caused Skye to take a step back, but Mrs. Wilson urged him forward so everyone could see him.

"Everyone this is our newest member, Skye. He's a bit shy so we want him to feel welcomed. Say hello!"

[I'm sorry that was so long. And might be a bit weird since I was rushing. ;~;]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kaine frowned as he watched the interaction between the new girl and the old man. Deciding he didn't want to get involved, he stood and picked up his plate, hiding the piece of extra toast under it as he carried it to the sink. As he put the plate down, he turned to hide the burnt bread from the Wilsons with his body as he hurried off to their room. Hiding food was a difficult art to master. He probably should've thrown on a shirt, too...

Xavier saw the new boy come in wondering if he would be rooming with Kain, Stelios and him. Seeing the new girl being harassed by Mr. Wilson Xavier felt little pity she asked for it. He leaned into the kitchen and gave the small boy a smile hoping to erasure him that as bad as this place was at least he would have friends. Xavier heard footsteps behind him turning he saw Mrs. Wilson.

"You Skye will be staying with you and your roommates it's your job to take care of him, like getting him dressed putting him to bed excetra, got it?"

"Yes" Xavier said looking at the floor he found it was just easier to submit to what the Wilson's wanted instead of fighting against them.

Mrs. Wilson grabbed his shoulder digging her finger names into him turning him toward the boy she said "Skye this is Xavier you're gonna stay with him and his roommates, got it" she said staring intimidatingly at the young boy.

After finding a place to hide the toast for Xaiver, Kaine returned to the kitchen, blinking at the smile child standing with Mrs. Wilson. He frowned some as he realized he must be the one they were talking about, and stepped over. "We'll go ahead and take him up to the room to get everything figured out, Mrs. Wilson.." He spoke, wording his words carefully in attempt to avoid any wrath. He just wanted to get the poor boy away from that devil of a woman. He could see how her finger nails were digging into his shoulder.. A feeling they all knew at some point and hated with an equal passion.

Skye blinked owlishly, but nodded. He was shocked by the sudden change in attitude. He's only been there for a few minutes and he already wanted to leave. It seemed the owners weren't as nice as people made them out to be. At least the other kids seem nice. Though, they're much bigger and older than me, he thought. As Mrs. Wilson smiled in a sickeningly sweet way towards him and walked away from Xavier, Skye decided to go towards him, since he was going to be staying with him for who knows how long.

"H-Hi. I'm Skye," the little boy introduced himself. He had to crane his neck to see Xavier's face. The other boy was so tall!

Getting down on Skye's level Xavier smiled friendly and said "hi I'm Xavier" looking at the small boy who had a teddy bear with him he added "let's go upstairs to my, well now our room." He said going back to his Normal height he reached his hand out to the boy.

( @Kitsune does he have anything besides his teddy bear with him?)

Stelios grabbed a piece of toast and some expired orange juice. Stelios was already used to having expired food and drinks, he was lucky to get anything to eat today. Mr. Wilson walked up to him with a younger boy, really young. He felt bad for him because he had to stay in this hell hole. He told them that they had to pretty much take care of him. He rolled his eyes and nodded. He finished his food and put the plate in the sink. "Hey skye I'm stelios" He kneeled to him and told said those words.

Kaine followed them to the room, idly looking around at the two beds. "Well, kid, we haven't got much here, sorry to say. How about you take my bed? The floor doesn't look... Too uncomfortable." He spoke, gesturing to his bed. "I'm Kaine, by the way.

Kaine followed them to the room, idly looking around at the two beds. "Well, kid, we haven't got much here, sorry to say. How about you take my bed? The floor doesn't look... Too uncomfortable." He spoke, gesturing to his bed. "I'm Kaine, by the way.

"Kaine no your the oldest and you've been here the longest, Stelios and I's bed has enough room for him" Xavier said smiling Skye not wanting the younger boy to realize he was inconvinesing the older boys. It'll be fine Xavier you'll just get a little less room no big deal.

"No, no, he's too little. What if you guys roll over on him on something? He needs a bed of his own." Kaine argued, crossing his arms over his chest. "He can have my bed. I'll figure something out."

[ @andrew21234 Yeah, I forgot to mention he has a backpack on full of his clothes and such. X3]

Skye listened to the two older boys work out the sleeping arrangements. He was still holding onto Xavier's hand. As they argued over where he'll sleep, he decided to speak up. "I...I don't like sleeping alone....," he informed them, staring at the ground. He had a huge disliking towards the dark and hated sleeping in it by himself. He hoped that he didn't just cause the boys more trouble.

"...." Kaine sighed softly, kneeling down next to the boy. "Alright, I'm sorry. Maybe it'll okay for us to share the bed. You're just so much smaller, I can't help but worry." He replied, offering the child as smile as he raised a hand to ruffle his hair.

As he was about to speak Xavier heard the little boy's words h let go of Skye's hand and got down on his level. "So would you like to sleep in Stelios and I's bed it'll be a little tight but that'll keep us nice and warm" he said smiling at the boy before adding "do you have any pajamas? If not then I'll give mine to Stelios and you can have his" Xavier said demonstrating his lack of movement in the small pajamas to the younger boy.

"It's fine, Xavier, he can sleep with me. There'll still be more room for each of us, that way, than he would have if he shared with you two. Your toast is under the pillow, by the way..."

"No, he'll role off the bed, remember that happened quite a few times to us at his age, between Stelios and I he will be safe" Xavier said before adding "and thanks for the toast."

Skye smiled softly as he felt Kaine's hand ruffle his hair. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad here. As Xavier asked about his pajamas, he set Butterscotch on the ground and took off his backpack, setting it down as well. He opened it up and fished out his pajamas as they continued to discuss where he'd sleep. It was a long sleeved shirt and long pants. The shirt was a sky blue with a huge plane on it and his pants were a darker blue with lots of planes on them. He showed them to Xavier. "These are my pajamas."

Status
Not open for further replies.