Mortalities Requiem

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ezekiel knelt down and put his arms on her shoulders. "Celestia! Are you alright? W-what is wrong?" He snapped his head back toward Eris and gave her a stern glare. "You are not going anywhere until I get the truth from you. Do you know what is wrong with her?" Upon inquiring to Eris about Celestia's welfare, his tone became soft and warm once more.

"Do you have any medical conditions, Celestia? Do I need to call an ambulance?"

Eris's mouth popped into a little 'o'. The angel was really trying to act like Eris had but images into her head, even though she had done no such thing, and people said demons were the bad ones! Eris walked forward and loomed over the angel looking down at her, than she grinned and tipped her head to the side. "What's wrong with you?" Eris asked in mock concern, leaning down next to Celee. She glared evilly at the angel, but Ezekiel couldn't see it, and whispered something when images started to appear in the angels mind for real. Images of Heaven burning, images of demons killing angels, images of the war to come. Let's see how you like that.

"Heaven have mercy! What is going on!" He grasped Eris by her coat and pulled her to him, looking deep into her eyes. "Something supernatural is going on here. Something not human. What in the hell is going on? Tell me, blast it all! I know this is no game! You two know each other in some way, and I feel extremely odd when around either of you. Both of you are extraordinarily beautiful. So beautiful, it is inhuman. Second off, your disposition towards each other is clear and evident. Thirdly... my gut tells me something inexplicable by normal standards is happening. Tell me! Now!"

Ezekiel was frightening now. He was dominant. Commanding and stern. His strict sense of morals and burning desire to do right fueled his righteous anger and curiosity. "Speak! Now!"

Eris was about to create more images, when she was yanked away from the angle. She looked at Ezekiel and flinched when his voice became harsh and demanding. She hung limp in his arms looking up at him with round orb like yellow eyes than her gaze dropped and she sighed quietly and sadly. Even if she wanted to tell him the truth she couldn't and she seriously doubt that Celee would tell him anything. "I...Can't...I'm sorry."

He let go of her jacket and glared at the both of them, stepping back and looking extremely aggressive for several moments before his body relaxed and his facial features became tender and warm again. Ezekiel gave a long, deep sigh and prayed aloud, albeit quietly for a minute

After finishing his prayer, he stared at the two females, studying them. "A demon and an angel," he suddenly said. "One of you is a demon, and one of you is an angel. I am not sure who it is, but that is what is going on. Don't tell me I am wrong, and do not tell me I am insane. I know Heaven and Hell and a Creator exist. And the evidence stands. Perhaps not all is physical, but I am no fool and I can fit pieces together."

Eris looked surprised for a moment than she cracked a smile, hopping she could convince him otherwise. It wasn't safe for a human to know so much, and it was going to cause Ezekiel to acquire more enemies than he had bargained for. She hunched over forcing herself to laugh as if he were crazy. After a moment she straightened and looked at him. "Yeah...You're right." She said sarcastically. She looked at Celee and begged her with her eyes to follow her lead.

"I can see it in your eyes. You plead with her. I may be hard to read, but I can read others easily. I am not blind. I can see what you are doing. And your laugh was not genuine. If it was, my heart would beat rapidly within my heart, for your giggling is adorable and makes me feel comforted. You are an awful actor. A good liar, but a terrible actor." Ezekiel was an extremely intelligent young man. He was focused and paid attention to detail.

"Do not insult my intelligence. Do not treat me like a fool. You two are enemies and you do not wish me to know. But my faith lets me know. I have known angels and demons have existed for a long time now."

Eris stopped laughed and her expression became neutral. "Fine," She gave in, "if that's what you want to believe, than I guess I can't convince you otherwise. She is an angel," Eris said, gesturing at Celee, "and I am the demon. Go ahead and pray for her to protect you. Demons are thought to be the work of the devil right?" She asked him taking a few steps away from Ezekiel. "Than that should mean you consider me evil." As soon as she told him she was a demon, her true appearance became clear, and Ezekiel could easily see her curving horns, serpent like tale, and teeth that were more jagged than they should have been. Had he been able to see the skin on her back, an upside down V like scar would have been there as well, a memory of the wings she use to have.

Ezekiel did not flinch. He showed no fear what so ever. As a matter of fact, a large, pleasant smile spread across his face. "Pray for an angel to protect me? I pray to the Creator, not an angel. And why should I pray for protection? You are clearly not evil, or you would have killed me long ago. No, there is much good in you. I do not fear you in the slightest." He then wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close, letting her know that he did not at all consider her wretched.

"The Creator teaches us to be understanding, compassionate, and loving. He did not teach us to hate and judge others simply based upon stereotypes."

Eris stiffened when Ezekiel pulled her into a hug. She had never been hugged by a mortal her entire life, and her tail whisked around nervously at a strange fluttery feeling in the pit of her stomach. She patted his back with her hand, blushing immensely. Her teeth made her smile look more sinister than it had been before her demons appearance had been exposed, and she quickly closed her mouth and just smiled without exposing her teeth, then she looked at Celee and tipped her head sideways. "Now that he knows what we are, I believe I shouldn't have to worry about those pictures in you head." Eris focused on the angel, and the images hoping to make them worse.

Ezekiel grasped Eris by he shoulders and shook her violently three times. "Just because you are a demon does not give you the right to hurt others, no matter how unfair you believe you have been treated. Be humble and forgive your enemies. Be compassionate. The Creator forgives all and will give you what you desire, if you just simply seek it the correct way." The human geek was... astoundingly wise for his age. What they did not know was that Ezekiel had a very cruel past, and it is only because of what he has suffered through that he is who he was today.

Eris broke away from Ezekiel's grasp, glaring at him in anger. "You have no idea what they put me through." She argued with him, than turned to Celestia. "You and all your kind are going to pay...For everything. I don't care what either of you say, a war is coming and demons are going to win it. So go ahead and fly away to your little Archangels and tell them what I've told you, but we will reclaim our rightful place in Heaven, even if it means taking it by force." She paused a moment than spun on Ezekiel again jabbing her finger towards him. "And you, don't tell me what to do. To the Creator me and everyone like me is lost in his eyes." She shoved her hands in her pockets and marched away from the both of them. When Eris got angry, she got violent and she didn't want to attack the angel and start a fight she would loose, much less hurt Ezekiel.

"Do not tell me how the Creator percieves you Eris!" he called out. "He loves you as if you were His own daughter! You became a demon as punishment, not because He despises you! Seek forgiveness, and I pray you do not use violence to solve your disputes. Angels and Demons do not need to fight! Are you willing to slaughter the lives of this world for your own selfish reasons?"

Ezekiel had the ability to know exactly what to say and when to say it, speaking only when he knew when his words would greatly effect them.

Eris silently cursed him, his opinion actually made sense but all she said to him was, "yep, that's exactly what I am willing to do." With that she was gone around the nearest corner. Eris ended up in a small park, and sat down on a rusty swing set, moving back and forth on the swing, staring down at her shoes. She wanted them all to pay, and no one was going to make her change her mind about that. She rubbed her temples with two of her fingers to sooth her headache, as some of her anger began to slip away. She didn't care what either of them said....Did she?

Ezekiel sighed and shook his head. He followed Eris slowly, giving her plenty of time to relax. After ten minutes, he approached her slowly, his hands in his pockets. He placed himself in a swing set beside Eris's, and then turned his head to look at her. "I know that you wish for vengeance. And I can understand how you feel. Believe me... you may not, but I have been in a similar situation. Do not let wrath overtake you."

Then, he knelt down in front of her and smiled at her. "I will not shun you or push you away, no matter what you do. Just because you are identified as a demon does not mean you must act like one." He gingerly placed his hands in hers and gave a gentle squeeze.

Celestia was trying to help the Demon, trying to give the Demon a chance to think of a fake story.
But, she felt the Demon sending images to her mind.
She quickly blocked them out.
she missed alot of the conversation, but she heard Ezekiel say, "Do not insult my intelligence. Do not treat me like a fool. You two are enemies and you do not wish me to know. But my faith lets me know. I have known angels and demons have existed for a long time now."
That stupid Demon!
That Demon gave it away. How could she be so stupid!
She listened to the conversation, and it seemed as if Ezekiel was completely on the Demon's side.
Then she saw the Demon turn to her. The Demon threatened her.
Celee sent a glare back at her.
Oh, the Demon was lucky, If my Gabriel was here, he would have sliced her into tiny pieces!
Ezekiel must have caught it too, b/c soon enough, they were both arguing. Ezekiel won.
Celee watched as the two ran off somewhere.
She was incredbly tired, and her wings were incredibly stiff.
She decided to screw it. Who cared if she was found out.
Gabriel wouuldn't kill her, He would kill the stupid Demon who created this mess.
Celestia hopped up into the tree and let out her wings.
They were bright, soft and dazzling.
She strectched them out, it felt so good not to have them cramped.
She sighed.
This was a terrible mess.

Eris looked up when she heard someone approaching and wasn't surprised when she saw that it was Ezekiel. When he knelt in front of her and took her hands in his. She was unsure what to do, or how to react, but that feeling was back in the pit of her stomach again. She sat still for a moment than interlaced her fingers with his. Eris looked up to see the angel in a tree a little ways away, they had only gone just around the corner, so she was in plain sight to them. She looked at the angels wings in envy, than up at the sky. That's right she thought run along to your little Archangels, it will only make this war come faster, maybe tomorrow even.

Celestia knew what the Demon wanted. She saw the Demon looking to the sky.
SHe wanted to call her Gabriel, btu she wouldn't.
Not if that is what the Demon wanted.
SHe looked at the Demon and smirked.
Every tree branch around her snapped into many pieces.
She still sat upon the one that had yet to break.
She opened her mouth and closed her eyes.
A tune of sweetness and innocence filled the air.
This was just one of her angelic gifts.
She sang,
"Little one,
Do not be in fear.
My wings wrap you,
I am right here.
The pain you feel,
Is like a leaf in the wind.
I will never
leave you again."
Her soft voice sang and sang.
She didn't stop.

Eris closed her eyes when the angel began to sing and she found herself mouthing along with the words. Eris no longer had the hypnotic voice of an angel, but that didn't mean she didn't still no the words to the song. If Celestia knew the real reason why Eris had been banished to the Earth she may have felt sympathy for the demon, but maybe that was just Eris's wishful thinking. She was a bit skeptical when the angel didn't go running off to tell Gabriel of the rebellion, but it would happen soon enough.

Celestia kept singing, but looked at the Demon. She didn't even know the Demon's name.
She noticed the Demon mouthing along the words.
It brought a faint tear to her eye.
One of her closest friends fell from heaven once.
It was her fault, she shouldn't have interfeared.
but it still saddened Celestia.
She Sang the Next verse,
"I must let go,
We shall meet again.
Little one,
Don't cry,
It's you,
I must defend."
She sang the last verses then sat silently still.
Looking up to the sky, as she felt a drop of water hit her nose.