Moon, Blood, and Wolf's Bane

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"They are dead, all of them. It's finished now."

Remmi's voice caught Kaleb's attention, and he looked her in the eyes, a small shadow of the person he used to be. His eyes were honest and his posture was evident of his behavior. He clung to some small reserve of comfort, but where it came from, he would not be able to admit to himself. Even so.... it did give him a world of peace to know that Remmi was alive and well.

"We're still here, you know."

Just hearing her say that held so many meanings.... who was included in the "we"? Was it her and her new pack? Was it him and her? And did she say that because she cared.... or was she being sarcastic? He couldn't believe that he was so distrusting of Remmi in this day and age, jbut how was he supposed to know about how she had changed, if she had changed.....

But then she knelt down right in front of him.... her thin fingers sifted through his hair, so softly he could have missed it. He could smell her.... memories floated up to surface in his mind.

But things were different now.... weren't they?

Memories didn't get you anywhere, reminiscing was only an annoyance.... Nostalgia never brought anything good....

He was slightly bitter about it, grimacing a bit as he looked away. Then he felt the other were's foot being removed from his back. What was said next angered him.

"You are part of this pack now. And if you ever betray, harm, or run away like a coward I will personally hunt you down and use your tail as a chew toy."

He almost got pissed, then he realized.... if he was accepted into the pack... at least he was with Remmi....

Kaleb got to his feet and rubbed the back of his head, the small bump already healing quickly, then smiled slightly, relaxing slightly. "You don't have to worry about me doing any of that shit, I was loyal and good to my pack until I saw the last of my packmates slaughtered." He had said it so easily and calmly, that it might have been wondered how many times he had said it, or at the very least, thought it over. He seemed completely unperturbed about the situation now, and smiled slightly.

"I'll do anything that is required for this pack, I owe it to you for destroying who I had been with." He stated with a calm smile.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Natasha slowly came to in the hospital, her vision foggy for a moment before she looked over and saw Jason in a chair near the bed. Her ribs hurt like hell, and her body ached, but the sight of her mate helped soften the pain a slight bit.

"Jason?" Her voice cracked a little when she talked, but she reached out to the other were. She could feel her flesh and bone slowly mending... faster than a human's could, but comparatively to other were's, she felt like she was at such a disadvantage.

She whimpered his name again.

Remmi was staring at Sarah her mouth hanging open and her eyes were full of shock and relief. After everything she still let him be there... with her. Remmis heart was pounding with excitement. She had said a lot of reassuring things to him but was she really ready to let it go?

It had really hurt her, what he said had happened. She couldn't get over the fact that he joined them. She would have rather died then join the ones responsible for killing her family, wouldn't she? Shaking her head Remmi sighed as she smelled the food burning in the kitchen.

"God damnit!" Remmi said through gritted teeth as she stomped to the kitchen. Turning off the stove Remmi grabbed the solid stainless steel pan, without thinking, to take it outside so the kitchen wouldn't smell too badly like burning. Hissing and dropping the pan on the floor, her hands were burnt and blistering.

Remmi went out the back door leaving the pan on the tile floor, it wouldn't burn there. Silently tears fell as her were brunt so badly they were shaking. She sighed, she did that a lot lately it seemed, looking at her hands and that damn burn went in a straight line across her palms. What else would happen today?

Leaning her back against the wall Remmi closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing attempting to clear her mind, but all she could do was concentrate on the smell of her burnt flesh.

Kaleb watched Remmi after she swore, the smell of smoke pinching and clawing at his nose, she walked into the kitchen and then almost immediately after that, he smelled burning flesh and the sound of metal thunking to the ground. He nodded politely to Sara before going past her, following Remmi's scent.

He found the stainless-steel pan on the kitchen floor, and quickly picked it up, using a towel to keep his hands from getting burnt and lifted it onto the counter so that no one would trip on it.

After having taken care of that little issue, he quickly searched around the bar from some sort of first-aid kit. After having found the kit, he walked out the backdoor, finding Remmi there. For a moment he stood there, unknowing of how to proceed, then just decided that it wasn't the time to be stuck in his head. Her hands looked severely burned in some areas, and it needed to be taken care of.

"This is why I tried to survive... honestly, I couldn't have just died without knowing if you had been killed by them or not... So if you're angry with me, I understand that.... but... I didn't want to leave you all alone..." Kaleb stated quietly as he approached her, cautious, slowly, not wanting to startle her. He gestured with his hands, filled with medical supplies he had found, an almost question of: was he allowed to help her?

"I'm sorry if you're angry.... I am.... but... will you let me help you? Those burns really need to be tended to..." As he spoke, he was already rummaging through the kit, picking out what he thought was necessary.

"You did find a good pack... I'm happy for you." He stated quietly as an after-thought, a small smile on his lips.

She looked up at him, her heart was jumping, Remmi just hoped that her eyes hadn't looked so eager. She was so happy to see him, she had spent so much time getting used to the idea that everyone was dead. And here he was standing in front of her with the contents of an ambulance gathered in his arms. It was so sweet and he looked so lost and disoriented.

"It really threw you for a few loops, didn't it? I guess me running threw everyone for a loop, really. I came back and everyone was well.." Remmi took a breath as she held her hands out to Kaleb. "I guess I learned how to cover my tracks better then I thought I had." She chuckled but it was more of a sad disenchanted chuckle. "I had dreamed of being free of rules and free to live how I wanted for so long, I got tired of waiting, for you, and went for it. I couldn't stand feeling so alone, I went from house to house and there was nothing but blood." She bit her lip and shook her head. "I guess it's ironic really I found myself looking for the same thing that I was running from."

"Why did you join them?" She asked looking up at him. "You said that you were looking for me to see if I was still alive but how would they have helped you find the living when all they brought was death and chaos.." Looking him over he had really filled out and gained the strength, yet somehow he still held defeat in his heart, she could feel it.

She loved him and she could feel it down to her core but he never expressed anything other then a big brother attitude towards her. She always had to be on guard and do her best to protect herself. She missed him, she could never express how much she had missed him. As Remmi waited for his answer she shifted the dirt with her toes, never breaking eye contact.

Kaleb looked up at Remmi as she talked, using that as a distraction as he began to take care of her hands while he thought of a good response. The way she described the way she found their pack made him cringe on the inside, but on the outside, he was unfaltering as he gently rubbed ointment onto her burned hands, then after slathering them as much as he could, he slowly began wrapping them in bandages.

"It was surprising... I had expected you to wait a little longer.... and then.... And then they came.... " He trailed off, checking the bandages again before looking back up at her as she continued. Again, he distracted himself with checking bandages and adding more here and there. "Honestly.... when I first saw you.... I thought I had snapped or something.... and.... it scared me.... because I didn't even care if that was the case... I wanted to get away from them, Remmi, but every time I tried to run away, they tracked me down, every time I tried to stand up against them, they beat me down..... I... almost gave up once.... I lost hope.... I tried.... I tried to take my life.... but..." He was suddenly choked up and he didn't even understand it. "But every time I came close, I kept thinking of you..... I hated it...... it was like some lofty dream I'd never get peace from! I even failed as a fucking coward! I'm worthless!" He spat angrily, trembling violently.

"I didn't join them of my own choice, Remmi..... I would have just died fighting them if I only cared about the pack....." He bitterly stated, looking away from Remmi. His anger and frustration was palpable. This was a completely different Kaleb than who had just been taking care of her burned hands.... He hadn't wanted her to see him like this, he hadn't wanted to admit this.

"I didn't expect them to help me find you... they were selfish pricks.... I just..... I just thought if I found you.... I could escape somehow... I wouldn't even say I 'joined' their pack. I never was truely accepted into it, and I didn't want to be.... They just needed the numbers.... and I just was biding time to make sure that not all of my pack was dead... I don't want to talk about them anymore, they're fucking dead. Just like everyone else." He was shaking, and he finally noticed it, and as he did, he backed off from her. So many emotions were swirling in his head. "I missed you Remmi, but...... I'm fucked up.... While you saw the aftermath of what happened, I saw it first hand. You weren't there. I just wanted to die fighting like everyone else.... For fuck's sake, I watched our friends and family get SLAUGHTERED. Do you think I WANTED to live with those memories? Do you think I LIKE knowing that I was living with our pack's murderers?....." He snarled loudly at her, then turned away.

"I never want to talk about them again.... They mean nothing to me, you're all that matters, though I don't even know if you even can forgive me.... It's disgusting, Remmi. It's vile and I hope you never understand it." Kaleb muttered quietly as he walked back into the kitchen.

Kaleb was so angry he was shaking. Remmi had never heard him yell like that at her, every time he did she jumped had jumped a little and when he snarled she had even whimpered a bit, but she didn't think he had heard. What could she say to the things that he had been through and what he had seen? Nothing. It was her mouth and accusations that had set him off. He had been through so much and she just couldn't keep her fat mouth shut. When he had talked about suicide it had really set her teeth on edge.

"You're mad that you're alive and you're mad that you couldn't die. It sounds to me like you have a complex and it's not my fault! I don't know what you want me to say or do Kaleb! You are the only one who I can talk to about it! I'm sorry if YOU can blow it off like it NEVER HAPPENED but I can't!" And it was still just as fat. "Jesus, Kaleb I don't know how to make it better or go away I'm sorry I don't work like YOU!" She clenched her fist like she wanted to hit him but her fingers curled against her burnt skin and she immediately let go.

That was about the time he murmured and walked back inside, Remmi was so upset she hit the door behind him. "Son of a bitch!" She screamed as pain shot and burned through her entire arm. Remmi walked away fishing her smokes out of her pocket hoping that the surge of nicotine would help take the edge off and help her calm down a little. When he had talked about suicide her heart surged in that terrifying way where if felt like losing him all over again. She started picking up the discarded medical supplies that were scattered on the ground in the middle of the rant.

That man-child drove her crazy he was always hiding things from her until he exploded like a tapped beer bottle, but for the first time it was directed at her and it hurt like hell. Why did he always have to hide? Remmi worried that one of these days there was going to be nothing of him left to find. He was in that abused shell somewhere and his temper proved that to her. Yet, she had no idea how to go about bringing some of what he used to be back.

Jason had forgotten how long he had been sitting there in Natasha's room at the hospital just waiting to see her condition improve. The fair-skinned girl had survived the bar fight and made it here in one piece. All of his own bruises from the fight, what few there managed to be, cleared away during his bedside vigil to leave him looking miraculously unscathed. Save for the eye patch still covering that lone eye still in the process of healing from that silver-inflicted wound. Natasha was all that mattered right now given how slow her healing took place. Judging by her current state though, perhaps even though she had made it in one piece a few inside might not be so completely intact.

Ears capable of hearing the slightest branch break of leaf crunch in the woods listened to the heart that was still beating. Ignoring the medical monitoring machines entirely he listened with only the senses that could be trusted. As long as her heart was still beating with life and pumping blood his would not break with emptiness.

Then he heard her voice whimper out his name.

"Natasha!"

Out of the chair and now standing at her beside, a hand had almost touched hers but stopped with hesitation just inches away from physical contact. What bones were broken again? On which side? Jason suddenly couldn't recall everything the doctor and nurse had listed off yet desperately tried to while holding the urge back to embrace his mate. How fast did they project it would take for her to recover again? At least she was finally awake and not slipping into some sort of coma.

". . . You're finally awake. This is great! The doctor's said your ribs were cracked. And that a couple other things had hairline fractures. Plus some bruises. But that you'll recover. I'm just glad you're alright."

He paused for a moment then laughed a little at the beginning of his next words.

"The bar's a mess right now, so I'm kind of taking the afternoon off. I'd rather be here for this than work. I don't think there's that many glasses left I could serve drinks in anyway. Saraliya's still there I think. Should any of us even care about our jobs right now? I mean. . . if we're really going to Canada and all."

Gently and with great care, fingertips rested on her hand as his memory still ran down the entire list of things in the medical debriefing the doctor and nurse had given earlier. Jason stood caressing lightly with only those fingertips until Natasha showed signs that at least touching her hand would not hurt. Why had he not protected her better during the fight? Remembering how he had behaved when the Biker gang first arrived filled him with shame. Perhaps she would forgive him for that in time. Eventually she would be fully healed and they could go off together with the pups up into the Great White North.

Tears formed at the corners of her eyes as she looked up at Jason, happy just to be able to live and smell his scent. She still ached, but she felt worlds better than she had before she came into the hospital. Her body was slowly mending itself, and as Jason had told her about the hairline fractures, she smiled up at him. Those were almost done healing.... and all the bruises were fading.

She checked her body quietly as Jason spoke, then grinned, knowing that her rib was the only real problem that she'd have still. Quietly, she inched up the bed and slowly sat up, reaching out for Jason and quickly pulling him into a tender embrace.

"Thank you for being here... " She quietly stated as she smiled, breathing in his smell, enjoying the feeling of his body. She nuzzled his cheek silently, then worked on starting to detach herself from the machines. The IV's itched and burned, and there was some relief as she pulled them out, then continued to disconnect herself from the machinery. "I'm good enough to run, I dislike the smell here and I'm good enough to be on the move. My rib'll probably be healed quickly enough." She told him quietly.

There was a loud ringing beep as she took off what appeared to be a heart monitor. Soon after that, a couple doctors and nurses bustled into the room, believing that there was a problem.

Kaleb went about the bar, trying to help clean the place up. At least for safety reasons of being able to walk through the area without stepping on pieces of broken glass on the floor. Then as he finally managed to peel enough glass pieces, chips, and slivers from the floor, he got some water and a rag and started trying to wipe the alcohol from the floor. He worked meticulously, completely absorbed into the simple work of trying to repair what that pack had done to the bar.

Something inside him hated how he had yelled at Remmi. But he didn't know exactly how to go about trying to talk about everything that happened. Her words had set him off, and then....

Being able to blow it off like it never happened...... No... it wasn't that at all.... he was puzzled by that. It wasn't that he wanted to blow it off like it hadn't happened....

It was that he just honestly couldn't handle it... It hurt... And talking about it... talking about it was like ripping open all the emotional scars that he had endured through. He wanted to talk to Remmi about it... he just couldn't right now... he was confused right now... he didn't know how he should act right now... all he had wanted was to find Remmi and run from those bastards... Yet...

Nothing had gone like it would in his head... He hadn't expected her to be here.... he didn't expect that pack to get so bloodthirsty.... or for Remmi's pack to fight back as it had... or to be knocked out like he had been...

He was so confused... But there was nothing he could do about it, so instead he continued to try and take care of what he could, then, when he was finished with that, he went to find Sara... He wanted to talk with her about something that had been on his mind. He figured he should talk to her about what happened to the pack he had been with... how they had found their Alpha.... maybe something about his death would be revealed...

Kaleb hadn't given a shit about that pack... but... he understood their fear due to how they found their leader.... a gruesome death.... what a fucking insane way to die...

And he feared it happening to this pack.

Remmi paced and smoked as she tired to calm down. She wanted to let a lot of things go. She tried but she just couldn't calm her busy mind. She walked so much she was on the verge of making her very own path around the back of the bar, around Rions motorcycle, over and back to the building in a giant square. Half a pack later Remmi sighed and she went back into the kitchen.

It didn't smell as bad anymore but that was a pan that she just didn't want to deal with. Remmi heard then cleaning then she heard Kaleb say Saras name and something inside her snapped. Slamming open her locker she pit on her jacket and put her backpack on. She opened to door and walked into the room. She took a deep breath yet she felt her body was shaking.

Remmi looked directly at Rion, as she spoke to everyone, "I'll be back." She said she she left back through the kitchen. She had hoped that Rion wouldn't figure out what was happening until it was too late. She blocked the back door, just in case, as she got on his bike. She just needed to clear her mind and this would help like nothing else would. She filled up with excitement as she heard the engine roar she bit her lip as she kicked up the kick stand and left.

[bg=#1a1a1a]
Saraliya was trying to pick up chairs and move tables to get them out of the way. Periodically muttering curses under her breath, comments over at Noel who was still sulking about his antique's and liquor, and the occasional glare at Rion who was too busy trying to hide the fact he had hurt himself. Granted, she wasn't exactly feeling in prime condition either. She had taken the hits needed to make the whole fight scene look realistic for the cops, and now her jaw was aching for it!

"Sara?"

She stopped and frowned when Kaleb said her name. One hand resting on a hip while the other was holding the handle of a broom. Before she responded, she heard the rumble of Rion's motorcycle. She cast a quick questioning glance over at him - it wasn't him riding off in it! Sounded like someone was jacking it, and since Remmi was the only one missing... Great. Old pack quarrel? This is what she got for wanted to be the Alpha.

"I have a lot of shit I have to get done. What do you need?"
[/bg]

Kaleb knew that Sara would still logically be sore with the situation.

But what had surprised him was hearing a bike roar to life, and noting that Remmi was gone.

He figured there was nothing he could do for it at the moment, and so, he focused back on the task at hand. He cleaned a little as he spoke, brushing the glass from the floor into a scoop before dumping in into a nearby trashcan.

"There's something I wanted to tell you.... about the pack I was with.... The death of their leader was.... very odd...." He paused for a moment, looking up at Sarah, unsure of how to proceed. "When we found him, wildlife had already gotten to most of him.... but... it appeared to be that.... he had been.... I want to say.... "gutted like a fish"?... And his mate...... Sarah, they didn't die normally..... something killed them.... someone killed them... I'd say it's a good idea to get out of this town as quickly as you can.... but.... I also would like to ask if you know anything.... It just.... struck me odd that someone could kill..." Kaleb paused for a moment and looked around checking to make sure no humans had come in to check out the madness of the chaotic-looking bar, then continued. "That someone could kill two of our kind.... I mean, yes, they didn't know how to fight as well as other packs, but dammit, we're bigger, stronger, faster, among other things..." He trailed off, continuing to help clean up the bar, looking up at Sara.

"I don't know if that information is helpful to you at all, but... I thought it might be...or that you might know something..." He smiled kindly and then then took the trash bin out back to the dumpster and dumped the contents inside before coming back in with it, continuing to clean. He was determined to be useful to this pack.

And.... He was determined to try and be a better friend to Remmi. He knew, in the deeper recesses of his mind, that he wished that he had left with her that one night... but... since he hadn't.... he had to figure this out....Figure himself out....

[bg=#1a1a1a]
The man made Sara want to smack him with her broom. He had that same sort of stature that Natasha did. All fluff and stupid on the outside, but probably dangerous and unpredictable on the inside. He did manage to survive his pack being taken over and spent how long with that gang...?

Still, she listen. Let him talk until he got it all out. Plucked the bits of information that sounded important and filed them away in her head. Sara had assumed it was the gang that had destroyed his and Remmi's pack. But it seemed their Alpha was destroyed long before the gang ever showed up... Could it be possible that it was the same hunter?

"I doubt I know anything more than you do. But it's strange that suddenly pack leaders are being taken out like this and then whole packs being slaughtered." Sara huffed, kicking an ashtray across the floor. They needed to leave this town as soon as possible. People were already dying, if it was a pattern, then it was only going to get worse...

"...I don't think anyone should be going anywhere alone right now. Remmi needs to be dragged back. I think... maybe we should have all of the pack members stay somewhere together until we can leave. If we seperate before the move, it's easier to pick us off..."
[/bg]

[BG="#663300"]Kaleb nodded to Sara as he picked up the ashtray that she had kicked, checking it for cracks or imperfections, and finding none, set it on the bar counter then looked up at Sara quietly with an odd, dark smile. "To be honest, we found our Alpha the same morning that everyone found out that Remmi had left... I had been a beta... but with her leaving... and with the Alpha dead, I was unsure of myself being able to take on that responsibility. One of my brothers stepped up for it.... Not too long after that, we were attacked. I'm not sure how to tell Remmi... Either way," He paused, taking a deep breath and exhaling it out calmly, then continued.

"I'll get Remmi back.... Also, the pack I was with had a kinda.... cabin-like mess of a place. One hell of a shit hole, but it's big enough for the pack and it would be big enough. Plus, they left all their bikes there. Instant transport, right?" He grinned as he cleaned for a minute longer, then went out the backdoor, rather unhappy when he found that the door was more or less blocked off in some way and had to use a little bit of strength to push it open, then looked to where that bike had been. The smell of exhaust was still fresh in the air as he followed it calmly and slowly.

Letting his nose guide him back to Remmi. He agreed with Sara, that no one should be alone at this time when such happenings were occurring. They couldn't take chances. What ever Remmi had left for would have to either wait, or be worked out among the others. It wasn't safe to be alone anymore. He needed to find her and bring her back, and as quickly as possible.

With that, he started walking a little faster, trying to sniff out where she was as best he could.

She couldn't have gone TOO far, could she?
[/BG]

Remmi hauled ass out of there so Rion would have a harder time catching her. She loved it, how the motorcycle made her fly. It was the best thing that she could think of to give her some peace of mind. Remmi knew that things would be ok, she just needed to calm down and stop being such a girl. Stupid Kaleb he just had to come back and be so damn calm and emotionless or angry.

Ugh!! What a jerk to come here and drive her crazy! He was just causing her emotions to be as sporadic as a light up yoyo. Remmi sped up as she growled at that. Her heart thundered with the adrenaline of it. The sound was the best and through the thrill of it she howled as she sped through the county roads leaving a dust trail behind her.

[BG="#663300"]Kaleb heard the roar of an engine, and the scent trail left behind by the exhaust was starting to disperse. He started a slow jog then started running faster, noting that Remmi had sped up. He then heard her howl and paused for a moment, slapping his forehead with his hand. She howled. REALLY? They were in what appeared to be a cattle town, that HATES wolves, not to mention the fact that someone out there is tearing their kind apart, and she howled.

She might as well have grabbed a microphone and shouted "I'M HERE AND ALONE, COME KILL ME!"

Kaleb picked up his pace, running faster. Then, firing a look at the town that was now behind him, he sighed before transforming, considering the fact that they were far enough away, and in an area that was in the middle of no where, and considering that he had been running on two legs and her being on a motorcycle, he needed to catch up.

Muscles rippled through his body as fur overtook skin and bones cracked; snapping and changing to accommodate his size and features. After a moment, he was running again, his nose twitching as he tracked Remmi. The necklaces around his neck were no longer as loose as they were before, now looking more reminiscent of chokers. He ran faster, hoping to be able to catch up to her soon.
[/BG]

Remmi laughed as a giddy tingly joy spread through her. Remmi knew that the howling was probably a dumb idea, but she was on a motorcycle and if anyone heard they would probably just think that she was having fun. Hey at least she hadn't done anything truly stupid like shifting on an open road chasing a motorcycle.

Slowly Remmi kept increasing her speed as she drove for another hour, as she slowed down she started noticing the scenery. The trees and the landscape was rater breathtaking. Remmi pulled over in the side of the road turned off the engine and put the kickstand off. She took off her sunglasses and leaned forward resting her head on the handle bars. She expected Rion to come up any time now he was going to be so pissed and she deserved whatever he had to throw at her. So she waited for him just as she was staring at the scenery.

Bradley Parker wasn't quite himself today.

The young werewolf was sprawled out over a bench in front of a little shop, asleep with an abandoned newspaper over his face. Brad didn't really read the news... It must have blown onto his face by coincidence, or someone dropped it there. Instead of sleeping under a roof, he napped right there on the bench, untouched and undisturbed.

He lately had been feeling out of the ordinary. Boredom, loneliness, confusion... Marette was like his older sister; she took him in when no one else could. She hadn't been the most cheerful as of late, though. It must have been affecting him, on top of his struggle to fit in with this society. Ever since that awful day that he killed his own relative and all the farm animals, he's been paranoid of causing a similar event around here. In all honesty, Brad felt like he belonged in solitude where he couldn't harm anybody. He was a monster...

A breeze swept across him, sending the newspaper away and kissing his face. He opened his eyes and sat up very quickly, looking around in a panic until he realized where he was. Brad coughed dryly into one of his hands as he adjusted himself on the bench, his throat screaming for water. The need to find dear Marette screamed out louder, though. He didn't go into the shop at all and she must be worried about him! Guilt suddenly flooded his mind, so he moved off of the bench, disregarding his thirst so he could find her.

[bg=#4A4A4A]Sean was bored with classes for the day. He closed his laptop, promising himself that he'd finish it later. He stretched in his seat and looked around his mostly boring apartment, just the bare essentials, a couch, a TV, nothing major.

"Now what am I supposed to do..." He frowned for a moment and looked out the window. "I'll go take a walk." He said to aloud, even though he was quite aware that nobody was around to hear him. He hadn't transformed in a while so he figured it was safe to head out and take in some scenery. As Sean stepped out into the brisk day he smiled at the changing of the leaves, it was always beautiful to see and he wished he was better with a camera so he could capture the image.

He pulled his jacket around him tighter and adjusted his scarf as it was blown about in a quick gust of wind. Another smile flashed across his face as he started on his walk, not really seeing anyone around. He soon passed a few stores, and town center only to find himself by the souvenir shop, the woman who ran it he had seen a few times and he liked her well enough, he liked her little wooden wolf carvings that she seemed extremely fond of. Nearby a guy roughly his age was walking by the bench. Dare I try and make a friend? He thought, and decided to risk it.

"Hey there, haven't seen you around these parts before. Looking for something? Or someone?" He smiled warmly.
[/bg]

Jason nuzzled her in return freely, planting a few small kisses on her eyebrow while reveling in the fact she was OK. Well, as OK as someone who had gotten hurt so badly could get in a hospital. Luckily that Werewolf healing had kicked in. Even if her rate of recovery was slower than most of their kind. . . at least it still worked. Unfortunately joy distracted him from noticing the not very well thought out disconnection from the hospital machinery.

Natasha sure had a knack for not thinking things through.

It was a good thing he loved her so much!

By the time the nurses and doctor reached the room, those two in puppy love had already escaped the room with their inhuman speed. So they were faced with the small problem of a missing patient. At least that missing patient could run fast even in this state. But he wished it had gone just a bit differently. Luck at least granted them no witnesses as they fled from the hospital in half-stealth, half fleeing. Someone with a brain would piece together Jason was involved though since now his truck was missing from the parking lot.

Police would probably come after them now or at least look for them in some regard. Some kind of rules were definitely being broken right now. Hopefully that Doctor Werewolf could offer up some explanation to cover their tracks. Why couldn't she have given him some time to work out a plan of escape so this wasn't planned on the lamb? Explaining how she had healed from everything but the rib so quickly were questions they couldn't answer. Not without serious repercussions to the pack. unless that one doctor could again cover for them in some way. Instead he would just let rumors spread about them having eloped or something. What the town thought wouldn't matter now, they were going to be long gone anyway.

However, there was definitely going to be a looooooooong talk about controlling impulses later on.

Marette was not in her shop from what he could see, so he'd have to search for her. He stopped pacing back and forth so he could get a grip; he shouldn't be worrying so much. Waking from naps, let alone in odd places, tended to make his thoughts a mess.

As he turned around, someone walked towards him. A very charming, attractive man to be exact. He looked to be around Parker's age... This excited him. He hadn't met anyone in the same age group as him in a very long time.

"I don't believe I've seen you before either," he replied, making a smile of his own. There was a bit of a twang in his voice since he was raised on countrysides. "I'm looking for Marette, the woman that owns this here shop..."

He didn't want to keep rambling on about this to the other wolf. This was an opportunity for a friendship! Ever since living here, he wasn't very social with others. He liked childish fun that involved running and playful fighting, but could settle for other activities if people would give him the chance. It would be great to have someone else to spend time with. With the smile still on his lips, he extended an arm so he could offer his hand to the other,

"Name's Bradley Parker, by the way. Call me whatever you'd like, though. I'm commonly addressed by my last name."