Moon, Blood, and Wolf's Bane

Rion turned and stalked back. He didn't care how pissed she was because he was damn well sure he was more! He clenched his jaw and his fists on either side. Wolf or not, he wasn't about to hit a woman. He might just bite her, though! "What the fuck are you talking about! I haven't slept with any woman since Elise and I sure as hell didn't start now! Remmi just needed a place to stay and someone to look after her! I warned you a long time ago about what being Alpha meant, didn't I! I told you what a fuckin' drag it would be, how much energy and time it'd take from you! For crying out loud, I bitched about it to you every single night! Whenever I had to hear my dad preach about it! Whenever someone gave me a lecture about duty and rights!

"But no. You still wanted to be Alpha. You wanted to call the shots. Well, fine. Here you are. Alpha. And you didn't even need to kill wolves to get this far." He was so tempted to bite her, and then he wanted to kiss her! He growled and started pacing instead, ruffling his hair. He was so pissed that if he didn't have that ounce of self control left, he would have turned back into a wolf and go kill something.

[bg=#1a1a1a]
"Oooh, here it comes!" Sara snipped back, her voice dripping with sarcasm! "Don't be an Alpha, Sara. It's too hard, Sara! Shit sucks and you don't want to deal with it, Sara!" She even acted it out, flourishing her hands like a professor giving a lecture. At least until she stopped to jam a finger at him with a snarl.

"It was fucking hard! And guess what? I did have to kill wolves! Fuck somebody! Beat the shit out of people! Say things I didn't want to say, make promises I didn't want to keep, and do things I never wanted to do! But I fucking did it. Somebody had to. You weren't here."

"Why don't you go ahead and run away again. It's what you're good at. Telling me what I can't do, and then running away."
[/bg]

Rion snarled back and grabbed her hand, forcing it into an awkward angle. He pushed her up against a tree and pinned her there. "Do you want me to leave, Sara. Is that it. You've always had a crappy record when it came to getting men to stay around you, if memory serves. But guess what, I don't feel like being pushed around by you. I'm going to stick around, whether you like it not. Hell, I might just stick around to piss you off." He tilted his head slightly at her. "I'm just curious. Would you have slept with Zack if I'd returned sooner."

[bg=#1a1a1a]
"Ow." He didn't hurt her, but her exagerated ow was in hopes that he'd let go without her having to ram her fist in to this chest. It used to work when they were kids, back before he figured out she was faking! But Sara didn't get what she wanted and worse. He asked a question she didn't want to answer. She didn't like being cornered and she didn't like being talked back to. Especially by him!

"What does it matter anyway? You weren't here when I needed somebody here. I did what I did and nothing is going to change it. Why don't you stick to being Rescue Rion and go be Remmi's white knight so I can go handle our business without you breathing in my face!"
[/bg]

[BG="#663300"]Kaleb was taken aback.

One moment, Leslie was on him, her hands pulling off his shirt. The next moment, she was on the ground, clutching her crotch. Had he heard Remmi's voice?

No fucking way....

"Remmi." He stated on the intake of a gasp, only slightly aware that Leslie was getting up. that woman didn't matter anymore. Remmi came here. That had to mean something!... right?

Kaleb started to get up, only to find a pair of hands on his shoulders holding him still.

"What the hell are you doing here, you little bitch?!" Leslie shouted. At Remmi. At his childhood friend. At the one person that he actually gave a shit about.

Fuck this.

"Get OFF of me! And don't you DARE call Remmi a "Bitch"... She's worth more to me than you could ever understand and I was a FOOL to come back here after only one problem!" He growled finally and stood up, striding away from Leslie. He didn't need to do this... He didn't have to do this...

"I don't want to make a pack with you... I don't want to stay here... I don't want you to make me happy- you could never make me happy.... I want out!" He exclaimed and Leslie glared at him... he was worried for a moment, then he got pissed again. She had been manipulating him for too long. She had kept him away from everyone. She had expected him to help repopulate the pack, for crying out loud!

"Why the HELL are you betraying your pack?!" Leslie shouted, a live-wire of energy. She was pissed.

"YOU'RE NOT MY FUCKING PACK! YOU KILLED MY FUCKING PACK!" Kaleb yelled back. "YOU HAD ME CONVINCED THAT YOU KILLED REMMI! THEN YOU HAD ME ACTUALLY COME BACK TO YOU AFTER ALL THAT SHIT! I'M SICK OF THIS! GO FUCK SOME OTHER WOLF! I'M NOT HELPING YOU!" Kaleb threw his fist against the wall, and Leslie backed up... He looked over at Remmi for a moment, hoping she understood... hoping he could explain this to her... but in the meantime...

"I'm leaving. Now." He muttered, grabbing Remmi by the wrist and nearly dragging her along as he left the house. He needed to get far away. Or he'd go straight back and murder Leslie... He had half-dragged Remmi nearly half a mile away when he finally stopped and turned around to face her, rubbing his face. What the hell was he supposed to say?

"I'm an idiot and I don't deserve you, but dammit, Remmi, I mean it when I say this.... You're the only one I love..... You're the only one I've ever loved... You're all I want..." He stated without his voice wavering, and he didn't mumble a single word. He tried his best laying his emotions out for her to see. "I fucked up and I hurt you... And I won't let myself do it again... I'm never leaving your side again... I promise...." Kaleb smiled slightly and then kissed Remmi's forehead, and then lightly on her lips. After the second one, he expected to be punched or kicked. But it didn't matter... in a selfish way... he was just happy that Remmi was there.
[/BG]

He didn't release her but he wasn't angry either. He remembered wrestling with her and stopping when she cried out, only to find out the hard way she'd been bluffing. He'd deserved a lot of punches and kicks back then. And now ... He suddenly flashed her a half-smile and kissed her on the mouth gently. "I missed you, too. When you're done playing around, we can actually get something done. Grace will be expecting you so as soon as you have the parties organized, we can figure out how to get close enough to her to drug her. I asked around. Noel says we can use Harry's tranquilizers and guns." He finally released her and started walking away, except this time he was heading back to the Howling Hippo.

[bg=#1a1a1a]
Sara was not prone to stunned silences. She always knew what she wanted to say and what she was going to do. But there she was, standing perplexed and blank. Staring in to space while he escaped and she was left still trying to figure out what the fuck just happened.

Ten minutes of standing there and all she could pull from it without getting frustrated... Who was Elise?

Growling to herself, it was a question that had to wait. There were several wolves left in Raymond that she needed to contact. Every wolf willing to stay with her pack and get out of town before shit hit the fan. As much as she wanted to stomp after Rion, the pack's saftey was more important.

Sara headed on her way to speak with the Raymond wolves.

[/bg]

Remmi tensed as Leslie got up, ready to bring the bitch back down. A dumbfounded look crossed Remmis face as Kaleb snapped and started becoming less of a whiny baby and stood up for himself. He was starting to seem more like the wolf that she remembered. From the looks of it Leslie was just as dumbfounded. It didn't matter soon the bitch would be dead.

The next thing she knew Kaleb was dragging her out of the house and half a mile away. She stumbled a few times but managed to catch herself as Kaleb didn't realize how much bigger his strides were or how fast he walked when he was determined to get away from something. Then he stopped and started confessing his love for her. Remmis heart thundered in response to his words but she was still rather pissed off at him. And then he kissed her.

Her heart and stomach did a somersault. She almost kissed him back but then her senses caught up to her and she was fucking pissed. She pushed him away and slapped him in the chest repeatedly. "What the hell do you think that you are doing?! You tell me that you love me, then you tell me that you slept with her because she made you. Then you fucking say that you hate them and whine to me about how weak you are. YOU WENT BACK TO HER!!! You found me and told me that you loved me but YOU WENT BACK TO HER! Who the hell do you think that you are? What happens next huh? Tell me whats going to happen the next time you get upset because you can't handle the things that you did? You did them you had every choice and you chose to NOT have a choice! You could have done a lot of things that you chose not to. Don't you ever come back to me whining about how you didn't want to do it but you DID." She was so angry and confused and kept hitting him on his chest, tears were rolling from her eyes as she screamed at him and kept screaming at him. "You need to GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BABY! You... you..." Her words started trailing off as her eyes were showing the tremendous spectrum of emotions she was feeling.

[BG="#663300"]Kaleb was almost certain that he had felt Remmi respond to his kiss before she had pushed him away suddenly and went on a rant that he didn't blame her for....

"I know. " He responded as he felt her hands on his chest.... she was pissed.... she was crying even. He didn't know what else to say, so he stood there for a while, letting her hit him and cry.

"As I said... I fucked up... and I know it..." He stated calmly before pulling her close. "I hurt you.... And I'm sorry.... I was a fool to treat you like that." He continued as he held her, rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. "I don't know what else to say.... but.... I'm not going to leave you again... I'm staying here until you send me away." He grinned slightly and brushed the hair away from her face before brushing the tears away from her eyes.

"I love you..... I mean it..... You're the most important person in my life..." He explained before kissing her cheek.
[/BG]

Remmi hadn't noticed that she was crying until he had brushed her tears away. She buried her head on his neck trapping her hands between their chests. "I love you so much that I can't even hate you for this, or anything. Why can't I hate you for this?" She asked feeling like a psychopathic child. Always torn and misunderstood. God she was being one of those emo kids. "You should talk to Sara, I bet she has a few things to say to you then to me."

She pressed her lips together and pulled away from him taking his hand into hers. "Lets go home." She had said to him softly locking her fingers with his. "Sara is going to be pissed but we will stand there and listen to what she has to say. There's been a lot going on and nobody has really been helping.. including me. I think its time for us to be part of a real pack again." She smiled a little and started leading him back to town.

Jason was at his place packing things for a long trip that was in his immediate future. Lots of extra clothes. More jeans than shirts since those were required more by society than anything else. Even if you ran out of underwear pants would cover up for that commando status pretty well. He just hoped those mountain boots he had for hiking would hold out the whole way and not get torn to shreds by a transformation. The Ex-Bartender had never fully transformed ever since the incident. What had happened in the truck with Natasha was farthest he had changed in a long time. As if embracing his human form could hide what he was inside that shell of a disguise.

If they were lucky, upon reaching Canada everything would be fine for the rest of their lives. But REACHING Canada safely was another matter entirely considering there was still Hunters out there in the world that just might catch their trail even if they didn't hurt anyone.

Would they keep the pups in their human or wolf forms?

For the youngest, they would have to keep those hidden since they might change at random with no discretion as to who was around to see them transform from beast to man and back again. So many things could go wrong for them on the road. And yet they had it easy in the sense that other Werewolves would at least leave them alone. Unlike poor Grace and her half-ling child who were probably going to get killed one of these days just like Zack had bit the bullet not that long ago. Zack's death came as a shock, but not nearly as much as if the whole pack hadn't already known his business. Jason didn't want to think about it. . . but then again it was technically something they had brought upon themselves through not following the rules.

Hey wait a minute. . . the kids. . .

Pulling out a cellphone and dialing up a certain number, Jason waited for her to pick up.

"Y'know Natasha, it would probably help if we rounded up the kids sometime before we left for Canada. It would be kind of absent-minded to be halfway down the road and THEN remember them."

[BG="#663300"]Kaleb wrapped his arms around Remmi as she spouted that she couldn't hate him... and he was thankful for that... though he was sure that it frustrated her. It just felt good to be able to hold her like this again... to be able to smell and feel her... to see her...

To hear her. Kaleb though he might miss her voice the most if he had never seen her again. Her voice was like a drug to him... he couldn't get enough of it.... and just knowing that she was actually there, that this wasn't some trick in his head... It was worth the world to him.

Then she told him about Sara and he felt himself gulp. Oh yeah, he wouldn't be surprised if he was in big trouble for his little pity party back there, hosted by that bitch. But with Remmi's hand in his, he felt like it was ok. That everything was going to be alright.

That was when he suddenly felt a tug on the back of his shirt. When he turned around, there was Shawna.

With a black eye.

"Mommy says you're leaving again..." Shawna began, her lower lip quivering. Kaleb hated that. He hated seeing girls cry.... especially the really little ones. He gripped Remmi's hand a little tighter and then let go, kneeling down and taking up Shawna's tiny hands.

"Yes.... I'm leaving... because mommy hurt me... and it looks like she hurt you too..." Kaleb began.

He wanted nothing more than to go back to that shitty little cabin and beat Leslie until she understood how wrong it was in his opinion to hit your own daughter. Kaleb looked back up at Remmi before taking a breath.

"Shawna, this is Remmi... Remmi, this is Shawna....Remmi's a good friend of mine, Shawna..." Kaleb explained and the little girl cocked her head before grinning up at Remmi. "Kaleb talked about you in his sleep!" She exclaimed and Kaleb paled, making the signal for "Shhh", but Shawna kept going.

"Remmi~!.... Don't leave me!... I love you!" Shawna mimicked, Kaleb rubbing his face before sighing. "I think she knows, Shawna." He started, but Shawna continued. "Oooooooh Remmi!"

Kaleb's eyes shot open, because that most certainly wasn't from the same dream as before. Shawna giggled before poking Kaleb in the chest. "Kaleb sounded all strange. I think he was in pain in his dream... he was whining and groaning a lot."

Wonderful.

"Shawna, why'd you come find me?" Kaleb finally asked, and the little girl stuck out her lip again, looking like she wanted to cry. "Mommy's mad. She won't let me come back unless I bring you with..." Shawna started, then looked at the ground.

"She tore up Stuffles and Paw-Paw. She said I was too old for toys now.... But I LIKED them! It's not fair!" Shawna suddenly broke down and Kaleb picked her up, holding her, then looked over at Remmi.

"We need to go to Sara, right now, or I'm going to do something I know I'll regret... I'm not letting Shawna go home..." Kaleb explained as he shifted the little pup on his hip. She clung to him before suddenly attaching herself to Remmi, snuffling and whimpering into the woman's shoulder.

"Don't make me go home... I'll be good! I'll clean and I'll help cook! I'll even fight!" Shawna cried, and Kaleb gave another glance to Remmi.

"She's a good kid, Remmi..." He offered.
[/BG]

[BG="#CCAAFF"][DASH="black"]Natasha had been packing as well, though it was much less than anyone would probably guess. Only a few shirts, shoes, pants, undergarments and a few trinkets.

One of the trinkets was probably a little odd.

It was a baby tooth. Not hers, but Sara's. Back when Sara was still pretty damned young. it was one of the times that she had been watching over her. Even at that age, her sister had been a handful.

She had lost that particular tooth when she got into a small fight with Rion. It had already been wiggly, but one small scuffle broke it free. She remembered that it was one of the times that their parents were out of contact.... So Natasha had to help Sara. Thinking back to it, that might have been the only time that the two sisters had really acted their respective ages.

Natasha may have been six years older, but it was obvious that she truly didn't want to take charge. Actually, besides Zack, she was one of the oldest members of the pack.

She had never really thought about it much, but it was true... she was older....

Perhaps her age was getting to her, because she was starting to feel downright nauseous.

She heard her phone go off and bent over to get it, feeling s little dizzy as she did, though she waved it off and picked up the phone and listened to Jason's suggestion. Of course. The pups.

"I'll round them up, you come over here." Natasha said quietly before saying her goodbye, throwing in a particularly sweet "I love you" before she hung up. Then she went on the journey to collect all the pups.
[/DASH][/BG]

[bg=#1a1a1a]
She recognized them first by scent. Stranger wolves, not from her pack or from local areas. Sara knew they had been lurking in Raymond, yet it was the first time she ever laid eyes on them. Walking towards her now on the sidewalk, just outside of the downtown borders, there was a woman and a taller male. To run in to them when they had stayed out of sight for so long meant this wasn't an accidental meeting.

Sara stopped on the sidewalk, tilting her nose in the air and resting her hands on her hips. Not bothering to speak, but rather raising an eyebrow and waiting for them to say something first.

The woman stopped several feet away, out of arm's reach. The man just a fraction and a step to the left behind her. Though she was smiling, it didn't look friendly.

"Interesting things are being said about the wolves of Raymond. The Council is concerned that lack of a dominant Alpha has led the pack astray..."

Sara cast a toothy smirk. "Then you've got your shit wrong, lady. The pack is mine. Their concerned is unfounded."

"Oh, is it..?" she responded, shrugging a shoulder in disbelief. "That's unfortunate. Especially should if be discovered that Law has been broken. An Alpha is responsible for the actions of it's pack."

"I don't need you to tell me that. Do you WANT something or are you going to stalk around in the shadows pretending to have mysterious intentions?" Sara growled back. It was frustrating enough to know they were there in the name of the council, without the bitch giving veiled threats and pretending otherwise.

The woman smiled. "A fair warning, Alpha Saraliya Stonelake. Good day." Without a nod or even her companion giving his two cents, the pair turned down a corner and continued on their way.

Sara clenched her fists for a few moments, so very tempted to go rip them both to pieces. If they weren't agents of the Council, she could have done it so easily... It was proof, though.

They had to move. Tonight.
[/bg]

Shawna broke Remmis heart. She wanted to reach out to the girl, but didn't because she didn't want to scare the girl. Shawna had already been through enough. Then she had to start talking about Kaleb's dreams.

Remmis mouth hung open as she stared at Kaleb, blushing with wide eyes. She didn't know if she or Kaleb were more embarrassed by the child's inability to lie or know what is inappropriate to talk about.

Stuffles and Paw-paw? She reached for the child when she started crying but backed off when Kaleb picked her up. Remmi was taken by surprise when the child flung herself at her. Remmi wrapped her arms around the child and softly cooed her to help ease her crying and tears.

"Kaleb!" She said his name in warning, "I don't know what kind of people you are used to but you had better stop projecting that onto me." Her voice was calm and even she didn't want to scream at him in front of Shawna. "I will not leave this child anywhere. She will never be in the hands of a monster, if I have my way." She handed Shawna back to Kaleb, "I need to make a call."

Thankful that she had picked up a pre-paid phone. She scrolled down the contact list as she walked a little ways away from them. She took a deep breath and dialed. When the voice on the other end answered Remmis voice was angry as she spoke through clenched teeth. "Sara, we have an issue I can not wait any longer to deal with. There has been another... complication."

[bg=#4A4A4A]It wasn't spoken, it wasn't announced but Sean could feel it, the town was being evacuated by certain figures. The town had a dark feeling about it and Sean wasn't going to stick around to see what would go down.

It was fairly simple to pack all that he needed. If the town was fine after a while he could come back for the rest of his stuff but in the meantime some basics would be fine to take with. As soon as he had everything he wanted to take he grabbed his cell phone and called Parker, leaving him a voice mail.

"Hey, it's Sean. Don't ask questions just pack what you need and meet me at the edge of town before sunset. We need to leave, I'll have my car so just bring your bag." He hung up the phone quickly and tossed his phone in his pocket and took his bag down to his car. Within moments he had already driven to the edge of the town just by the edge of the forest and over the river. Now all he could do was wait, and hope that Parker would come. Maybe he would have the same feeling as Sean did and if anyone came along that wanted to leave Sean would be more then willing to help them get out of Raymond.
[/bg]

The sound of his cheap cell phone vibrating loudly on the floor woke Parker from his slumber. 'I sure been nappin' a lot...' he thought to himself, making a yawn as he scooped up the phone, falling out of bed in the process. The landing was soft, so he was caused no pain. It did immediately wake him up, though.

Parker listened to the message, which he recognized to be Sean's voice. He didn't need to have anymore second thoughts... This town was getting too strange for him. Running off with this other werewolf was for the best. Besides, they just didn't fit in. Parker was homosexual and had no interest in traveling with a pack of other wolves he barely even knew.

With haste, he packed up what he could of his clothing, as well as a notebook, a couple of pens, and some other objects he could stuff in there he might need. The backpack was zipped up before he swung it behind him, sliding his arms through the straps. He wouldn't miss this cruddy little apartment room, anyway. Never even returning would be alright with him.

The door was shut behind him before he made a dash for the edge of town. Sean wanted him to arrive before sunset; he wouldn't make him wait too long. In the distance, he spotted a silver vehicle, the one he knew was Sean's. He was right... They needed to leave.

After making a quick check of everything he had packed up for the long trip ahead, Jason started loading everything into the truck. Clothes of his own that filled an entire duffel bag rested there in the truck bed along with several pounds of baby food, beef jerky, and water bottles. Enough that it took up a couple coolers. He wanted to be prepared for hard times when they would run out of cash. Plus there would be places where hunting wild animals to feed everyone would become risky or downright impractical. For those days he had packed the most basic types of food in the coolers.

Now the one-eye stood there with both arms folded across his chest, a brown leather jacket on top of a black t-shirt while faded blue jeans trailed down to dirt brown hiking boots. Dust puffed up from the ground as his left foot tapped in thought. Forgetting something now would cause an unnecessary trip which would waste gas and time. Yet as he stared at the truck, he wondered if it was actually the right vehicle for the trip. Who in the pack have an SUV? After all there were more than just two pups in their pack.

God I never thought I'd have to memorize who has a bigger vehicle. . . Then again I'd recognize their vehicles when I see them parked around town. So lets see now. . .

Looking back at the small house which was little more than a cottage, other thoughts sprang into his mind. Just how much effort might be put into tracking them once people realized they were gone and not coming back? Randomly having his house burn down would definitely cause a stir. Gasoline did not come cheap these days however, and unwanted attention would only worsen things. Police could come after them given that stunt at the hospital, which already had Jason looking over his shoulder every ten seconds. Now everything had to be taken into consideration that not only the pups but Natasha was involved in this whole trip along with him.

Climbing up into his truck, Jason was soon on the road and after that, pulling into the driveway at Natasha's place.

[bg=#4A4A4A]Sean waited outside his car for Parker to arrive. He knew that if the other wolf didn't arrive he wouldn't be able to stay. Luckily technology allowed them to keep in contact if they were ever separated. His fears were put to rest as he saw Parker heading towards him. Sean popped the trunk and pushed his bag aside to make room for Parker's.

A wide smile crossed Sean's face as the other wolf walked closer and he rushed forward and wrapped the other boy in a tight embrace. He was so happy to see him and he was ready to get out of Raymond as quick as possible. Sean took a step back and let Parker go and looked into his eyes. "Put your bag in the trunk. We're getting out of her right now." He turned and opened the driver's side door and got in, starting the engine. He didn't know where the two of them would go but it seemed like anywhere but here would be good. He had seen a few cars drive out of town already and he could only assume that they were leaving town just like the him and Parker.

"You might want to hurry..." Sean said, looking over his shoulder at Parker.[/bg]

[bg=#1a1a1a]
"I'm coming." Sara hung up her cell-phone. Tilting her head back, ready to howl and snarl at the sky. Another complication. Were there not ENOUGH complications right now? Much more of this and she would end up hanging herself at the Hippo and letting everyone clean up their own messes.

It a bit before Sara finally found and approached Remmi. There were several stops she had to make on the way, making sure Raymond wolves were grabbing their necessities and getting ready to go.

Looking very much like she was ready to drop everything and murder someone, Sara rest her hands on her hips, eyeballing Remmi.

"What is the problem now? Did the bitch kidnap him or something?"
[/bg]

Remmi saw Sara and walked to meet her, leaving Kaleb and Shawna behind. Sara looked pissed but she also had every right to. Sara hadn't seen them which she was not shocked, but Remmi was done with the games, it felt like high school all over. Sara was the pack leader, she needed to know and since Reemmi planned on staying she needed to follow her chain of command.

"No Sara, I have them." Remmi kept eye contact with her her voice was steady and sure.Her hands also went to her hip, she was not going to be the weakest link in this pack and she was determined to do whatever it took. "I'm going to tear her limb from limb, but I need you to tell me when we are leaving. Shawna needs to get out of this mess. She is just a little girl, with a black eye and nobody deserves that abusive whore for a mother. Jesus, Sara she was told she couldn't go home without him. I need your permission and to get her to Jason and Natasha."

Remmi was not going to apologize anymore or walk on egg shells around every situation anymore. However Sara did deserve something she stepped in when nobody else would and that took a lot. "Everyone in our pack has been pretty shitty as a pack. I want to be a pack and this pack is yours. Tell me what I need to do first to help keep them safe because none of us will be able to escape whats after us if we don't pull our shit together and fast."