Moon, Blood, and Wolf's Bane

Disappointment swelled in Parker's chest when their hug ended so quickly. There would be time for more affections, he knew, but years without such an intimate gesture left him starved. A warm sensation spread through him while he dropped his bag in the trunk, closing it afterward.

"Any idea where we're headed?" he asked before moving around the car to the passenger's side. Quickly, he opened the door, got in and closed the door while clicking the seat belt. Sean, obviously, wanted to leave as soon and as swiftly as possible. No matter... Parker had nothing to say goodbye to.

This was nerve wracking, he had to admit. Parker wasn't familiar with anything beyond Raymond or farmlands. If he could at least have some sort of clue of where they were going, it could ease his mind. Putting him into a big city with skyscrapers was just asking for drama!

[bg=#1a1a1a]
Finally. Sense had come to at least one wolf. Sara's countenance visibly eased. Her body taking on a less aggressive stance. Before immediately replying, she gave it some consideration. She had already planned to kill the mother and was trying to think of the best way to deal with the kid. Having them keep the girl was prefferable, but at the same time... Noel didn't like it. Trouble waiting to happen. Sara couldn't bring herself to want to hurt the girl though...

"We're leaving tonight. Sooner than expected. Natasha is taking all of the children and you can leave the kid with her. ...but she may need the extra help with them. I don't think we're getting out of town without trouble, so you need to pack up as soon as possible and meet Natasha out at the Mill Barn. The MINUTE everyone is there, just leave. Don't wait for a signal or word, just take everybody and go." Sara couldn't express how important it was to leave as soon as possible hard enough.

"I know you want to personally show that whore a thing or two, but there are Council in town. They made it very clear their intentions. I need to know that the youngest ones are out and safe. I promise that she isn't going to be able to follow." That woman was going to be Sara's personal message to one and all about messing with her pack. Blood and fur and everything.
[/bg]

[bg=#4A4A4A]Sean turned the key in the ignition, his little car roaring to life. "I have an idea about where to go, I hope you don't mind New York City, it's far away so we'll be driving for quite some time." He leaned over and gently kissed Parker on the cheek before focusing his gaze straight ahead and put the car into drive.

He turned the car and took one last drive through Raymond, looking at the establishments that seemed to have gone dark and quiet. The same creeping feeling came over him as he turned his car onto the highway heading east. Raymond slowly shrank in his rear-view mirror and the creeping feeling slowly faded. Sean felt like he had a new lease on life with his boyfriend, or at least he hoped it would become something of the sort.

"You're okay with leaving all of that behind right?" Sean asked, shooting a quick glance at Parker but keeping his eyes on the road as best he could.[/bg]

Remmi nodded, "Lets get this party started. I have weapons in my car, and some money. You should take some before shit hits the fan." She tried to not let her dissapointment show but Remmi would do it. Her car was still at Sara's and her first priority was going to be getting the kid to Jason and Natasha. She walked away from Sara because none of them had the time to deal with idle conversation, there was just too much to deal with.

Remmi made her way back to Kaleb. "Were leaving." She said flatly. Even though she couldn't hate him she could still be plenty pissed off and she was. However, she would deal with it later. She took off running, Kaleb could handle running with the child. She was a fast runner but during her time away she grew much faster. She zoned on the nature moving, turning, jumping and ducking just like the wind. She didn't look back but she knew that they were having some trouble beeping up with her. Kaleb had been depending on his bike too much to get him around. It was a terrible time to wear a mini skirt but there was nothing that she could do about it now.

She reached Natasha's finally and knocked on her door. She was breathing heavily and she thought that her knock may have sounded like a pound. She turned as she saw Jasons truck pulling into the driveway and Kaleb and Shawana coming up behind him.

The mention of New York made Parker nervous. He heard tales of the cities there, with those large buildings, swamps of people and cigarette smoke. This was an opportunity for a new beginning, though. Adventures as well! Parker only ever saw farmland or little towns like Raymond. He trusted the judgment of his lover, so he expected things would only get better.

He stared out the window, taking in the imagery one last time. "I'm sure. There's nothin' left for me here," he answered, turning his head to look at Sean. "I ain't about to let the best thing that's ever happened to me just run off!"

With a chuckle, he gave Sean's hand a pat before giving it an affectionate squeeze. He'd of liked to just hold onto him, but Sean needed to focus on driving. Perhaps later, they could be intimate. There wouldn't be anyone to tell them otherwise.

[bg=#1a1a1a]
Almost evening. The sky was starting to turn to shades of yellow, rose and orange as the the sun crept it's way nearer to the horizon. It was useful that the sun set earlier this time of year. Darkness became the perfect cover for a hastily thrown together exodus. Right that moment, Sara knew her sister along with designated chaperons were collecting all of the youngest of their pack at the barn outside of town. If they did as told, they would be leaving within the hour.

Sara also knew that a few of her stronger wolves were prepping what they needed for a very unorthodox kidnapping. They didn't understand why Grace was so important to Sara, but they didn't question her. All they had to do was get her out of town.

For now... Sara herself had business to take care of. Very special business. The kind that would send a message to anyone thinking they could threatened what belonged to her.

Two kicks was all it took to take down the door of Leslie's place. The woman turned around shrieking in that same high pitched loony tone she had shouted one too many times at Remmi and Kaleb. All of it fell on death eats, as Sara was on the hunt. No words of witty banter, no name calling, no threats. When Leslie realized Sara's intent, she tried to launch at her first. Shifting immediately in to her wolf form. Sara took the weight, shifting herself and using Leslie's movement as leverage to send her flying across the room with a kick of back paws.

Blood and fur went flying in a flurry of chomping teeth. The only advantage Leslie had was desperation and even that wore out quickly. Sara had skill, strength and unwavering determination to rid her pack of loose ends. By the time it was all through, the room was covered in blood and Leslie's human form laid chewed and mangled on the middle of the floor.

"Should have take care of the girl too." Noel was just slipping in through the doorway, tossing Sara a fresh set of clothes.

"I'm not in the kid-killing business. ...This isn't my shirt!" she grumbled, drawing it over her head anyway.

"People in the town are gonna talk about all this..."

"No... If my guess is right, our good friends from the Council will find her first. They're good about making things disappear."

"Let's get to it then."
[/bg]

At the barn outside of town, several impatient feet were shuffling here and there. About 13 young wolves from toddlers to teens were ambling about waiting for their time to leave. Natasha and Jason were going to lead the way just as soon as Remmi and Kaleb arrived with their small contribution.

A sound of a vehicle driving up suggested that they finally arrived. But what came through the doors wasn't the familiar faces, but of strangers. Six weres dressed in neat and tidy suits. Jason knew immediately that this was trouble. Shouting for the young pups to scatter. But everyone that made it to a door found it locked tight!

"Do you smell her! That is the pregnant one!" One of the males pointed at Natasha. Ruthless and without remorse every child they got their hands on was quickly killed. Two of them jumped on Natasha, while Jason struggled with another. Pregnant..? But that's not Grace..! There was no time to think about it. As he broke free in the struggle, he tackled one of the weres before he dug his teeth in to Natasha's neck.

BANG BANG! BANG BANG!

One of the wolves dropped near Jason, a gun shot deep in his chest! At the door was Remmi with a gun, trying to pick off the attacking weres. Kaleb busting in from the side, snapping one's neck in a twisting leap.

When the six were dead, it was a tragic scene. Almost all of the young weres were dead too. Just two of the older teens that managed to duck and hide. And Shawna who was hiding out in the car.

There was no time to mourn the dead. Those left packed in to the vehicle and sped out of town as quickly as they could manage!

While Sara was making sure everyone left Raymond as soon as possible, it fell on Rion to grab Grace. He wasn't too keen on the idea. Humans could care for their own. Noel was right. The Pack was better off without Grace and her kid. But Sara was adamant and had told him the same thing she'd told him a hundred times. She wasn't leaving without them; she had given her word to Zack. Rion had snorted when she'd said his name and he'd noticed her slight nearly invisible reaction to it. There was more to this than she was letting on. But an Alpha's word was still her word and he wasn't going to die tonight and explain to his mother's spirit that he'd refused to do his duty. Especially after he'd been avoiding it for several years.

Now, he was sitting in the truck parked a good mile from Grace's home with another wolf named Craig in the passenger's seat. There was a bottle and a handkerchief in his lap. According to the information Noel had given him, there were no security systems in the house, just two dogs and a collection of guns. He hadn't bothered to ask where he'd gotten the information or how. You never asked Noel how he knew things.

Craig, just entering his teens and eager to prove himself, dragged in several deep breaths. "Okay. So ... what's the plan again?"

"Sneak in, grab the woman, and sneak out. Then we meet up with Sara and leave Raymond for good."

He gave him a shaky smile. "Heh right."

"Follow right behind me. You see something. You stop me. No noise unless necessary, though. Got it."

"Right." Rion drove the truck the rest of the way with the lights off, then parked it. "Leave the doors open." They couldn't risk the sound of the doors closing waking someone up. They walked around the house, quickly and quietly and found the tree that reached to the second floor. He slipped something out of his pocket. The blueprint to the house. Grace's room was just a few doors down to the right from the room the tree led them to.

Rion slipped the blueprint into his pocket and the bottle and handkerchief in the other. Then he started to climb! Craig followed closely behind him. The window was unlocked. He opened it a crack and sniffed the air first. The dogs weren't in the room. It was empty. He opened the window a little wider and slipped inside. They were in an office of some sort. There was a computer on top of a desk, a large leather chair ...

They opened the door a crack and Rion sniffed the air again. The dogs weren't nearby. They sneaked into the hall. One door. Two doors ... They paused at the third door and Rion opened it slightly, sniffed, then gave the nod when it was clear. The room was dark but someone was asleep in the large bed. Rion soaked the handkerchief in the bottle's contents just before he flicked the lamp on.

When Grace turned toward him, he slipped the handkerchief over her nose and mouth and held her down as she fought. Craig was already scrambling to hold down her legs as Rion had grabbed her wrists in one hand and pressed it over her head.

A minute later, she stopped.

"Awh man! Awh man, awh man! Is she dead?!" Craig slid off the bed and raked his fingers through his hair.

"Not yet. Let's go." Rion slipped her over his shoulder and led the way. Again, he sniffed the air but there was still no sign of the dogs. Maybe they were outside or something. They reached the bottom of the stairs and were rounding the corner when he stopped short.

"Rion, what's--!" Craig cut himself off when he leaned to the side to peer around.

... Grace's two dogs were dead. Their throats were ripped out, lying in pools of blood.

"And that was just an appetizer," a woman's voice said. She stepped out from behind the dogs, licking her lips. She was tall, beautiful and dangerous. "Imagine what I have planned for the main course."

"Leave the boy out of this. He's only a kid." Rion pushed Craig behind him and began to step away. He shifted Grace's weight on his shoulder.

The woman smiled as she stepped forward. "Like the young pups we slaughtered just a little while ago. Delicious."

Rion saw something move from the corner of his eye and quickly pushed Craig backwards with his shoulder. "Get to the truck!" He didn't need to be told twice. He shot out of there, flinging the front door wide open!

Rion found himself face to face with the woman's partner. The woman was still walking. "Give us the human woman ... and we might grant you some leniency for your past crimes."

He smirked.

"Damnit, Rion! I can't leave you to do anything!" Sara growled from the doorway. Then she was glaring at the woman. "I told you what I'd do to you if you Council---!" She staggered as 130-lbs of human flesh was thrown at her! Fuckin' Rion! But she disappeared with Grace, not stopping even when she heard something crash behind her!

Rion shook himself and raised himself onto his elbows. The bastard had come out of nowhere and hurled him against the wall! His shoulder hurt like hell now. He wouldn't be surprised if the woman's partner had knocked his shoulder out of its socket. The partner picked him up and lifted him in the air.

The woman was smirking up at him. "You're going to wish you'd taken the offer!"

He spit in her face. He was slammed into the wall once, twice, then flung out the door! He flew so far, he hit the ground once, then twice before finally stopping. The woman walked out, wiping the spit off her face with the partner right beside her.

"Arrogant whelp ... You're dealing with forces you cannot begin to comprehend!"

"You know, I couldn't agree more."

Rion lifted his head and squinted. "Noel ...?" Where the hell had he come from?

Noel glanced over his shoulder and smirked. "Your ride's almost here. Better get your ass moving."

HONK! HONK! There was the blare of truck lights! Someone skidded to a stop beside him. Craig! He was putting one arm around Rion and with his help, Rion was able to stand. They made it to the truck where Craig had to help him into the bed. Sara was cursing and swearing.

"Come on, Noel!" Craig shouted as Sara turned the truck around.

Noel was still smirking as Sara looked in the sideview mirror. Damn fool was going to get himself killed! But then she was speeding off down the road as if hell itself was on their trail.

He smiled at the Council wolves as they disappeared. "Now. What was that about dealing with forces you cannot comprehend?"

Sunrise was on the horizon.

Come morning nothing would be different. The people of Raymond would wake up to go to work, school, run their daily errands. There would be no ripped and battered body at a cheap motel. No pieces of children thrown around an old barn. No blood, no bones, no signs of struggle or death. All traces were erased like it never had happened.

But he knew what happened. He watched. He saw. He knew the truth.

Internal genocide. Extermination. Cover up.

Cyrus threw down his cigarette as he exited the ranch home of Grace Colton, pages of a journal being turned carefully in his hands. Not everything was erased.

There was a child. A half human, half were child.

And he would find it.

THE END~!