Moody's Search (Still looking as of Feb 23!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it's hard for me to divorce Sudarshan from his snake-ness in my head... If the species is a deal-breaker, I have another character with a similar personality (werewolf) I'd be happy to use, or I could make a new character (human or near-human) that matches your specifics.

I'm game to hear about the werewolf. =) The biggest issue was the tail for Sudarshan, since I don't think it'll fit in Ellith's house without some serious squishing.

At long last, Empire Lands is ready for RP! Take a look!

@Rain of the Night
Quite alright. =) Welcome back.

Also, sorry for any delay in posting on my part-- the past few days, I haven't been able to tell my brain WHERE to work. I should be able to function normally if I can get some proper rest. Hopefully this doesn't turn you away.

Last edited:
(Art pending, I haven't drawn this guy yet.)
Name: Lyall Groves
Species: Werewolf
Homeland: Scotland, alternate universe
Summary: Lyall's home is a version of modern Earth where vampires and werewolves live under the humans' radar. Tension has always been high between the two races, largely because most werewolves feel protective of their human kin, and violent skirmishes between local factions or clans are common, although there has not yet been a large-scale war. Lyall himself was the strong and diligent eldest child of a werewolf family that blended peacefully into a rural human town. He joined the local law enforcement after he finished school, but the police department eventually let him go after he failed to report for duty three times—incidentally, all on nights with a full moon. The handful of vampires scattered throughout the city, aware that their enemy no longer prowled the streets, reemerged and quickly grew reckless and dangerous. Lyall dared not fight them alone. The wild werewolf pack that lived in the nearby forest finally stepped in, and Lyall joined them. He's essentially been a vigilante for the past decade, protecting the human town in secret, and has slowly risen to his current rank of second-in-command of the forest pack, below only the alpha.
On one of Lyall's most recent missions, he rescued a dying human woman from the clutches of two vampires, but she ended up turning into one from the venom in her wounds. He couldn't bear to end her life when she had done nothing wrong yet, so he took the "newborn" vampire Astrid in, though it took a lot of persuading the alpha, and raised her to subsist on the blood of animals. She is now an honorary member of the pack, and Lyall sees her as another younger sister, though he feels much more attached to her than he ever was to any particular one of his blood siblings.
Capabilities: Lyall knows his way around firearms thanks to his time in the human militia, but he prefers to fight in beast form (melee) when he can get away with it. He has full control over his transformation with the exception of nights of the full moon. Whenever he is in beast form, his thoughts are muddier and more feral, but his senses of smell and hearing are enhanced. Like most werewolves, his diet consists mostly of raw animal meat, but he'll eat human food when hungry enough. Although the vampires of his world create more of their own via bite, Lyall cannot do the same; lycanthropy is genetic.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I couldn't manage to read without forgetting which line I was on. I'm good now.

Lyall looks good. He should make things rather interesting. =) Shall I make the thread? My usual layout for threads involving Ellith are below.

Post 1:
I post a summary of the RP and my character notes.

Post 2:
You post your character notes.

Post 3:
You make the first RP post that includes where he is, how he's hurt/lost/sick, and then him going unconscious, falling asleep, or seeing pink elephants.

Post 4:
I write about what he sees and experiences when he wakes up at Ellith's house.

@FiliaFlammae

Sorry, I pasted the description from another thread and forgot to change the name. x_x Forgive me!

Can you give me the starting post? =)

Working on it! I eked out the summary during class (*shifty eyes*...) and figured that it wouldn't be a good idea to invest all the focus I'd need in writing a good intro post. I'm free now, so I'll hop right on that!

Awesome. =) I can't wait!

Also, obligatory scolding for doing RP things in class. Naughty.

I have posted! If you need anything changed, just tell me!

@Rain of the Night
I'm going to beat you up for writing so beautifully. <3 In all seriousness, it looks wonderful. I hope I can keep up!

Also, I realize I forgot to mention this. Vinziek's magic is based on knowing who or what a person is. The more he knows, the more of a grip he can have. The less he knows, the more easily a person can shrug it off, almost like saying "Who, me? Nah, you don't mean me."

The more a person is warded, the more easily they can shrug him off, because it's like them realizing "There are lots of people with my name."

The reason his magic never worked on Nyirr is because he has no idea what Nyirr is. =)

Last edited:
@FiliaFlammae
No, no, I'm aware. I'm working on a reply. =) Sorry for taking a bit.

Also, your post is beautiful.

Two beautiful posters to reply to. ;D I hope i can keep up!

Last edited:
Yayz! (And thank you!) Don't worry about being in any hurry, I know my own obligations don't give me much time to sit down and write lengthy replies. I just wanted to confirm that we're on. ^^

Hopefully I can get a post out tonight, otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll have time tomorrow morning.

Posted :)

For reference, is Lyall wearing anything? I don't know if Ellith would have given him simple clothes or not. Also, did she save his coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.