Monreau's Daemon

In the doorway a shadow moved. Silently it drew near to him, she rest her hand oh his shoulder and whispered in his ear. "Im here love..." and with that she started to feed again. She was giddy with her new addiction. She had been coming to him late at night for the better part of two weeks. It was becoming a wicked habit. Little did she know that Damion was her new drug. Sucking a little bit more her eyes flickered open and she stepped back giggling. Her lips wet with his blood she licked her lips and grabbed the end table to hold her balance.

The room was spinning on her, she was drunk herself because she had feed to fast. Giggling again Colette blinked and then fell forward falling into Damions knocking him from the chair. He slumped down onto the rug before the fireplace and she was next. Sinking down next to him she giggled again and then passed out next to him. In a dream like state she nuzzled into him curling into him like a cat.

In Colettes pocket her cellphone buzzed and buzzed with an incoming call from Sterling. He was very worried about her and spent the night driving around looking for her.

He heard her coming and his head turned towards her as her hand touched his shoulder. Then she bit into him and the room lost clarity. She fed with alacrity and Damion's eyes rolled back as he began to feel faint. She stepped back and he looked at her. She had come, this was really her, not some half remembered dream. He wanted to get up but he didn't even have the strength to prevent himself from falling as she collided with him. He held her an the drink and Colette's feeding sent him into a half-sleep. She was really here and he wanted her to stay.

Hours slipped by and she did not move from his embrace. A few times she nuzzled into him even more lost in her own dream. Everything seemed to just float away as she laid with him before the fire. It was perfect, it was all she had ever wanted and never thought would be real. Apart of her still clung to the notion of a dream but her arms told her the truth. There she was lovingly embraced by Damion, the one that turned her.

Damion held Colette in his arms still not believing she was really there, but she had to be. She felt real I his arms, soft, smooth skin, her gentle breathing, her face nuzzling against him. He held her tightly afraid that if he let her slip away she would become a dream again. "Please stay." he whispered "Stay here with me." he wanted to hold her in his arms forever. He was hers as much as she was his.

A loud banging on the door filled the air as someone outside was trying to get in.

"Damion!!!! Damion!!! you bastard, wake up and let me in!! Thats an oder!!" Sterling was shaking with rage. With him was Logan who looked like he was drunk but trying to hide it.

"Shh, come on we can do this later lets go home, please come on its cold and I cant be out, you know that.." Logan sounded softer and almost weaker as he tried to keep his voice down.

Damions butler opened the door and blinked. Stepping back he let the two inside. "The master is sleeping as well as his guest you may do the same, this way please. and Logan take hear the windows are treated." The butler showed them the way and Logan was tried and tripping on the stairs as they went. Sterling grabbed his hand and smiled.

"Im glad you were right, Im sorry for being mad at you" Sterling confessed as he kissed Logans hand. Blushing Logan and Sterling went into a room for the night. Just a few doors down from Damions. On his way back to his room downstairs the butler checke on Damion and tried to wake him.

"You have guest my Lord, but they are in quarters, see you in the moring sir" and he left.

Damion propped himself up on one elbow. "Guests?" he asked. Didn't matter, they could get to them in the morning. For now he just wanted to be with Colette. He kissed her gently and snuggled against her feeling her warm skin against his and he smiled. Finally they could be togetherthat was all that mettered.

As moring warmed the room Colette sat up and looked down. She wasnt in her room. Where was she and with whom. Looking at Damion she gasped softly. She moved away from him and rubbed her eyes. It had to be a dream, it just had to be. Wake up, wake up was all she could think of. In the hallway giggling filled the air as footsteps drew near. Colette paniced and hid behind the curtain as Sterling and Logan came into the room. Logan carried the "coffee" and Sterling had a try of food. Setting it down the two smiled at each other.

"No you wake him up" "no you" they teased back and forth then Sterling tried to be serious. "Damion... psstt. Damion... wakie wakie.." Logan giggled like he was still drunk but he was just giddy.

Damion woke up slowly, in his still-half-asleep state wax confused by the voices around him. Colette was gone, perhaps she had just been a dream. Logan and Sterling where in the room and looking at him. "What...?" he said sleepily blinking in the light. "Logan, Sterling.... when did you...?" he remembered something about guests but the details where wrong, Colette had been there too.

Logan smirked and giggled as he stepped forward to Damion and giggled again. He was all out giddy and Sterling was trying to hide his face as he poured four cups of something red.

"Um well, you see" Logan began as he walked over toward the curtains. He knew Colette was hidding he could see her feet.

"Sterling and I had an encounter the other day and things were said and the D.A. was envoled and things were getting ugly and well, one thing lead to another and well, I turned him" Logan smiled as he walked back to Sterling who was still shying away. He avoided eye contact with Damion as he seemed passive, but still trying to be strong. Logan moved his eyes and his head toward the curtain.

"Your guest however is in denial, very cute, but stubborn she is" Logan was being coy and smirked.

Damion stared, all the time he had known both men he would never have thought....... He took the plate of breakfast and started to eat while he thought what to say. It was while he was eating that he noticed Colette's feet under the curtains. "Umm.... This is most unexpected, congratulations...." he took a sip from the glass handed to him. He looked at Logan, thinking about what he had said about Colette and he saw him with Sterling, that was how it was meant to be, and he sighed.

Logan sighed and walked over to the curtain and held it slightly. Working his way around her confused and tormented expression he smiled and offered her his hand. "Come on love, its alright, I know you have to get ready for work, Sterling be a doll and take her home, wont you and use the west entrance for Christ sake I dont need the both of you sun burnt." Logan winked as they two left the room and Colette looked longingly at Damion. She lowering her eyes as Sterling took her by the hand and like a child she simply followed.

Logan turned and watched Damion. His brow perked up as he watched him eat. Damion looked like crap, unshaven, tired, bags under his eye and god only knew what was going on with his business.

"Ah Damion, I know your dealing with a lot right now why dont you let me worry about the siblings and well, you can pay catch up on your buisness, the way I hear it is that the city is thinking of auctioning off Lord Berkinghams and turning it into a parking lot or some damn thing. Prime land you know.. hmm I wonder what a deal Sterling can land me." As Logan spoke he knew he was planting seeds that he hoped would sprout and shatter Damions will.

Damion looked up, the Barkinham estate.... being auctioned. I was the opportunity of a century but he didn't want to leave Colette. "My business is fine." he said simply. It was true enough, he had enough money for decades to come. "I want Colette to stay here, but its up to her of course. I can take care of her." the last sentence sounded more like a hope than a statement.

"Well Im sure you have her best interest in mind right, I mean that is after all why you turned her, left her at a party to be with oh.. Vivian.. then she was afixed to Lord Berkingham since he was the one that gave her, the ever important first taste and well then Sylvia and you know how well that went, yeas Im sure you've had her best interest in mind the whole time." Logan rubbed his temples then checked his watch.

"I must be going lots of liars and thieves to silence, Im sure you'll call me if you need anything, like Colettes location perhaps. I have had her moved you know, it was something Sterling really knew she wanted, she is safe now and happy... at least for now" Logan turned to go.

There was a crash behind Logan as the tray hit the floor. "LOGAN! You know what its like to be with the one who turns you, if they want it they can get such a hold over you you can never escape." he was standing at the foot of the bed "I'm glad shes dead, she got into my mind and..." he broke off and let Logan leave.

"She'll never leave you!" Logan called over his shoulder as he left. Meanwhile Sterling was helping Colette get ready for work. She was doing her hair and buttoning up her blouse as Sterling made her some tea and brought it to her room. She blushed as he stood there watching her.

"Your so pretty, I can see why he likes you, I mean I think he likes more now, but yeah your a real doll, here I made you some tea" Sterling set it down and checked his own hair and fixed his shirt and tie.

"What are you talking about I want to be with Damion but Im to scared. I think I hurt him and well, whats the point, he's never well... I dont know" Colette stopped talking and then turned to face Sterling as a few things clicked in her head.

"Wait who likes who more? Damion and me or you and Logan...?" Standing up she blinked and coverd her mouth.

"You bastard you never told me!!! How could you keep something to important from me? Oh my god and what about mom?" Colette was breathing faster and faster.

"Sterling you cant, no you cant be." Sterling stepped toward her and took her hands. "Yes, I am and Im also like you now, thanks to Logan, I saved his life and he in turned saved mine, now we will never be apart" he kissed the top of her head as he heard a car honk. He started for the door.

"remember to ware the shades I left you and stay in the back, you'll be fine and lock the door before you go playing that damn piano, love you bye"

Sterling was out the door and into the black sedan where Logan was waiting for him. Colette sank into her chair and blinked away a tear. Everything she thought she knew was wrong. Could that mean that everything she thought was wrong was now right? Nothing was clear to her, the only thing she wanted to do was close the shop and be alone to play the piano and think if Damion, wherever he might be.

Damion was back. The Bankinham estate was his in all but name, it would be with no small amount of satisfaction that he would see the place being torn down. He had cut his hair and was again clean shaven, the Damion everyone knew, strong, good at what he did and completely alone. Every evening he would disappear and no-one knew where he went. The rooftop opposite the antique shop was a wonderful sight at night. His lone violin playing into the night heard by no one. He would play along with her his tune complementing hers until he once again returned to his mansion, with only his butler for company. Locked away in his gilded cage.

It was almost sun up when Sterling arrived at Colettes new little apartment. Knocking on the door he scared her and she jumped knocking over a few things as she got to the door. As soon as she got the door open she saw him laying in the stairwell. Bleeding heavily from his forehead, mouth and neck. A huge gash across his face bleed non-stop. Colette fell into a panic as tears filled her eyes.

"Sterling, what happened oh my god dont die, please. Wheres Logan, talk to me what happened?" she held him and tried to stop the bleeding but it was to much. Within mintues he started to slip away "Sterling!" she screamed as his eyes flickered

Sobbing uncontrolably she started to feel him slipping away. "Sterling please, please dont leave me please..." she begged him as pushed her off of him with he had he pushed her back into her apartment and blinked. He fell back once more as the sun shot out in the sky, instanly killing Sterling. Colette screamed and fell back covering her eyes. Cowering back form the light, she cried and cried. Sterling was gone.

Hours later the news was all about a horrible crash that killed Logan and Sterling Moreau.

Logan and Sterling where dead. It was a slow news day and the story was the only new one the networks could find so it was everywhere. Before the story had finished airing Damion was out the door and heading for the shop. It took him a few minuets to get there and dawn was breaking, he could see the curtains where closed against the light. He appeared in the room with Colette even though the door had not opened and stood near the window, a drasticly different picture from what he had looked like the last time they had met.

Colett thought she felt something in the room with her as she closed up a box and rubbed her temples. It had been non-stop packing but she just couldnt say where Sterling had died. She was dressed very casual and so much different then the evning gowns and fine jewels from before. Just jeans and a sweatshirt hid her tiny frame as she pushed a box closer to the door and then stood there looking at it.

"Colette...... " Damion said, unsure how to continue. "I'm so sorry, I came as soon as I heard. He stepped up to her and put an arm around her, not knowing if she would pull away. "Logan was a good friend and I know Sterling was a good person. And......" he hesitated for a moment. "I'm ready to be here for you now."