Monreau's Daemon

"Damion!" Sterling ran over and tried to grab him before he hit the floor. "Ah man, what now..?" she asked more himself but he heard Logan laugh. Looking up Sterling smiled and shook his head.

"Well you gonna just stand there or help me.." Sterling joked. Logan nodded and they moved Damion to the floor. "Well looks like we have a some cleaning up to do, huh.." Sterling laughed as he looked around. Logan laughed as well. "Well, we can go to my place, but only on one condion, you never tell a soul about what happened here tonight, you understand, and I mean never, not a girlfriend or wife or whatever, no one can know about this." Logan looked a little pale still but his tone was firm.

"I wont" Sterling knew he never would since now would believe him anyway. A short time later they arrived at Logans. Damion was set up in one protected room as was Colette. Logan and Sterling shared a drink and then they both fell asleep in the sitting room before a nice warm fire.

When Damion finally woke up he felt sick, he was alone in a dark room and everything had a cold fuzziness to it. He got up and left the room, he knew where he was, he had been to Logan's mansion many times and made his way to the sitting room. He opened the cabinet and took out the first bottle that came to hand, he was sure that care to and and opened it. Sure Logan wouldn't mind under the circumstances he drank from it and immediately felt better. He noticed the two by the fire but didn't disturb them as he sat down on another chair with the bottle. He drank until he felt his strength return and then stood. Colette would also be in need of some blood but he had no idea where she was so instead he returned to his room and lay down again, the half-full bottle of the bedside table and lay down. He was still pretty weak and was soon asleep again.

Hours and hours passed as everyone took refuge at Logans house. The late hours turned into early morning and then later afternoon and thats when Sterling woke up with a jolt and fell out of the chair waking Logan. Logan laughed at him and rubbed his neck.

"Hey easy their tiger, she's safe he laughed as he got another drink and made something a little different for Sterling. "So you heading back to work now or what?" he asked in a causal tone.

Sterling got to his feet and rubbed his neck and popped it in each direction. He really needed that sleep. "Um, no I really need a shower and then I have to face my mother and tell her something she will believe. I mean Colette..." Sterling took the glass from Logan as he spoke and took a much needed sip of the Brandy.

"Colettes been missing for the better part of a month. She is freaking out so I have to say something to her that will put her at ease, but at the moment Im coming up empty" He moved his brows and finshed off the glass and set it down. Logan smiled as he finished is glass.

"Tell her that she ran off and got married" Logan laughed seeing Sterlings reaction. He had a good laugh as Sterling looked terrifed.

"I.. I cant do that.. oh shit are you insane.. I mean.. but she and well Damion would never approve.. but then again." Sterling started to warm up to the idea. He was going to say something more when he and Logan both heard piano playing coming from the third floor. Looking at each other they took off at a full run and fould Colette playing Beethoven's 9th Symphony. The reached the stop the stairs and just watched her,she had changed and looked very much normal and that worried them. She had on some of Logan's street clothes and looked like a little kid in their paretns clothes. It was all very big on her but she played away with the sleeves rolled up, her fingers on fire as she played with her eyes closed.

Damion was still weak but when he heard the music he knew who the person at the piano must be. He got up and felt his way down the passage, and up the stairs, the sound guiding him to her. He watched in silence until the others arrived. She was lost into the tune, giving all of herself to it and it would be a waist to disturb her, even if it was to take her into his arms and fly away from all that had happened, to take her to where they could live together.

As the others arrived he walked up to Colette placing a hand on her shoulder as she played, he didn't want her to stop he just wanted to be close to her.

Colette was almost done with the song when she felt the hand on her shoulder. She screamed and jumped back and away from the piano and Damion. Her eyes were different as she scambled to her feet. She was trembling and looked terrifed. Colette looked to Logan and back. Never once did she look at Sterling.

"Dont.." was all she said as she stepped back and away from all three.

She backed away from them looking like a completely shattered person. Tears filled her eyes as she turned to run but there was a wall behind her. Sterling took a step toward her to try and say something but that set her off. She crumbled to the floor in hysterical sobbing. Covering her face and curling up behind one of the air chairs she vanished.

"No please... no more.. please no.. dont.. touch me.. dont. please.. please.... I cant.. no.... no..." She was rocking back and forth shaking and crying.. Her eyes were wild like a trapped animal. Logan looked at Damion and looked mad, he knew who was to blame for this.

Damion stood by the piano catching Logan's look. His own showed nothing but surprise and a move towards sadness. He looked over at Colette and moved towards her but stopped. She seemed so lost, so hurt. "Colette, its ok." he said quietly. "Its over now."

She was rocking back and forth was Logan stepped toward Damion and touched his arm. "Um, take Sterling down stairs he might be making worse." He tried to sound reasuring but didnt know if it worked. Sterling tried to see her and moved back and forth about to step toward her.

Logan moved between him and then around the arm chair. Colette screamed as Logan simpley grabbed her and carried her towards his room. He went down the hall as she screamed and cried. Logan already knew what he had to do he had see it before. Sighing he got into his room. She was sobbing as he set her on a chair near the window, making sure to stay away from the bed. He drew the curtains closed and stood behind her. He watched her before he spoke.

"Colette.. Im Logan, I wont hurt you alright, now you need to listen to me, you have to come back to me please, I mean us okay they are gone, they cant force you anymore alright Im sorry for before, I was drunk and umm yeah, just know thats over.. your okay now I sware... its hard, but you will be alright." Logan was trying very hard not to get into deep. He had a secret and it was coming to the surface face.

Damion did not want to leave Colette, he had only just got her back but he didn't see he had a choice. "She'll be alright with Logan, hes been my friend for a long time." he said to Sterling as he walked with him back towards the sitting room. He searched the cabinet for something other than blood for Sterling to drink and eventually found some old wine, very old and from a good year too. "Here." he said poring a glass for him as he sat down. "Now tell me, how much do you actualy know?"

Sterling opened the bottle and sighed. Rubbing his temples he was about to speak but his phone rang. He got it out and answered it.

"yeas.. no everything is fine, no dont call the cops we are fine, she is resting. No she wasnt kiddnapped they ah.. eloped." Sterling didnt have a chance to explain properly before the phone explosed with a womans voice.

"Mom.. mom.. please.. calm down.. Mother! Please, your going to have a stroke, now listen its fixable okay, you know Colette and her um.. tendency to get carried away I have a lawyer and we are working it out.. yeahs yeas Ill call you later.. goodbye"

Sterling flipped the phone shut and avoided eye contact with Damion.

Upstairs Colette was still shaking as Logan took a wet cloth to her face and cleaned her up. She was so cute. He fixed her hair and even kissed her a few times. "There now, you better baby... ah thats better see Logan wont hurt you okay.. I wont hurt you ever again I sware.." sighing Logan stepped back and looked at Colette he wanted her so bad. He could taste her.

Damion stood, "I'm going to see how shes doing." overhearing the conversation had left him feeling sick, so he was going to be 'fixed?'? He climbed the stairs and began searching for the room Colette and Logan where in, he needed to know that she would be alright.

Logan stepped toward her again and took her hand slowly kissing her hand and rubbing it into his face. Colette was locking into a blank stare as he spoke to her. "Come on, just once more for old time sake huh, good ol' D wont know.. no one will know.." he whispered in her ear as he moved her hair.

Sterling was sipping the wine and didnt say a word as Damion left the room.

Damion looked is several rooms before he heard Logan's voice. He followed it to one of the doors and listened. "That bastard." he said quietly. "Logan you.." he stopped himself and threw open the door. He had never felt so betrayed in him life. "LOGAN!" he shouted throwing himself at him pushing him away from Colette. "You know I'm the one who turned her and you..." he was beyond words, his eyes murderous "You helped them didn't you? You knew." he has breathing hard and looked like he was about to rip Logan's throat out.

"Damion!" Logan squeeled as he was flung off Colette. She simple curled up and hid in the huge armchair.

"Now look let me explain ok, wait.. wait... " he was scared for his life as he should be.

"Wait, please now here me out come..man.. look Lord Berkingham had a lot of higher ups eating out of the palm of his hand.. okay.. listen.. listen to me." Logan kept backing away from Damion.

"I didnt know she was yours okay, it was a party and Sylvia presented a new toy, thats it... i didnt realize she was missing and linked to Sterling til after and I was told that you turned her but didnt believe it, you've never turned anyone ever.. have you? Well have you? No yu kill only and who do you think pays off the corener huh? Who do you think helped seal that deal that gave Sterling millions and you too huh? I did!" Logan was trying to level the playing field.

"Hate me all you want but you fell for Vivian all over again and you were never going to tell her were you!" Logan glared at him as he could see Colette hidding.

"Look just calm down, she's yours but so help me you fuck up again and she will be mine, i know how to take care of the ones i turn" Logan looked at him and walked out slamming the door behind him.

Damion glared at the door after Logan had left as if it too had helped Lord Barkinham. He sat on the bed facing Colette and looked at her. "I'm sorry Colette. Hes right, I don't know how to look after you. I'm sorry." his anger had left his suddenly and he felt empty. "This is all my fault, if I hadn't have been there none of this would have happened. He lay on his side still looking at her. "I wish I could take it all back."

Colette said nothing as she sat there. After a few mintues she started to humm Nocturne but didnt move. A knock at the door thundered over her humming as Sterling looked in cellphone in hand.

"Coe lets go, mom wants to see you.. hey D no sunlight right and no garlic" he winked as Colette stood up and went to him like an obediant child. He put his arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

"See you at the shop" they started to leave as Logan could be heard trying to stop them.

"Wait you cant just leave, you have no idea what she needs. Damion! Damion get down here you ass!" he shouted as Colette clung to Sterling.

Damion didn't move, he lay there for almost an hour before he got up and left going strait to the front door and out into the night. It took him most of the night to get back home but he didn't care, he wanted to be alone, he wanted to be with Colette. The two desires where in conflict. "He sat in his chair by the fire, several empty bottles lying nearby. He was drunk almost to the point of passing out but he still couldn't get the way Colette had behaved, like she was no longer there. And Logan.... How could he even play with Sylvia's 'toys'. It would have been a betrayal even if it hadn't been Colette, the fact that it had been was almost to much to forgive.

Late into the night when everyon had stopped fushing over Colette and were all asleep she got dressed and snook out. She had no idea where she was going or why. She just moved like the wind. In and out of shadows. Never before in her life has she moved with such silence and grace.

She flickered past a window and then came back to it. Stopping to look inside her head tilted to one side. She knew that man.. he .. there was something about him. Colette lingred at one of the large windows outiside Damions house. Blinking she just stared at him. He was lit perfectly in the fire light. She was drawn to him like a moth to flame. Unaware of how she did it, Colette was soon inside. Moving closer to him. She touched his neck and hair. He was almost passed out. She smiled and moved his head to just the right spot. He blinked but said nothing. She had seen the bottles and knew his state. Licking her lips she began to feed off him. It was eroctic and made her instantly euphric. She had he fill and giggled. Leaving him for the night she hummed softly her favorite Nocturne and many hours later woke up at home.

Damion woke up up from his daze with a bad headache and a half-memory of Colette before him. He didn't go out all day, nor did he leave his chair except to get more bottles, she came again that night and he saw her. Why did she only come in his dreams? He drank every night to see her again. His usually smooth face sprouting a beard and his hair growing unchecked. The more he drank the worse he felt but he needed to see her in his dreams. Each time she came he tried to talk to her but all he could do was mumble as she drank from him. Two weeks passed in this way, for Damion they blended into one another until there was no difference between day and night, one day from the next. There was only the drink, and when she came to him.

Late in the eveing Sterling came to check on Colette but to his terror she wasnt in her room. He knew she had changed and since she had been home her moods were constantly chaning. Worried he made a call to Logan since he hadnt heard from Damion in two weeks.

Logan picked up and was laughing when answered. Loud music filled his ears. "Yeah, Logan here, someone better be dead.. or Ill kill'em"he joked as laughter filled the other end of the phone.

Sterling smirked but was worried. "Tell me she is with you" was all he said and Logan stopped laughing.

"Ah, no" as he spoke more laughing filled the air. Logan was trying to be serious. "Damion he must" Logan tried to think but his mind was a fog. Sterling didnt believe him, "what do you know, whats going on" Sterling wanted answers but it was clear he wasnt going to get them from Logan.

Damion rummaged through the cabinet. There had to be more, he had to see her. He needed to dream. There was nothing left, he had drunk it all. "Noo...." he moaned and flopped down into his chair. He wouldn't see her tonight. He had to see her tonight. "Colette, I love you..." he said to the empty room. "I need you." he sat with his face in his hands and sobbed.