Monreau's Daemon

Sterling thought he heard someone and grabbed the paper towel holder, since it was his only weapon. It was a small marble rod with a base and he looked funny holding it as he looked out from the balcony of the small apartment. "Hey, up here..the side its the second door up the stairs" Sterling shouted back down as he quickly put the paper towel holder back in place and fixed his tie.

He was worried that he might have some choice words with Damion after everything that happened. Sterling stood near the door and heard footsteps, he could tell that Damion has just reached the landing and he opened the door. He looked dishevled besides his best attempts. "Ah hi.. hi come in.. wheres Logan?"

Damion entered the flat and looked around hurriedly, "Logan stayed behind." he looked at sterling. "Hes in the sun room with the others." he looked around again. "Where Colette? Its almost dawn."

"um she's in there" Sterling pointed to the walkin closet. "What can I do, I want to do something, is he alright, please let me help." Sterling looked at Damion was pleading eyes. "I have to help Logan he gave me back my sister please. Where is he?" Sterling was already standing in the doorway, his keys in hand. His eyes meet Damions, he was going to help even if he no idea what he was in for.

Damion kept Sterling's gaze as if judging him, sensing his strength. "Lord Barkingham's estate, the sun room." he looked at the closet and then back at Sterling. "I would go with you but I wouldn't survive the trip, besides someone needs to stay with Colette. Hurry if the sun reaches Logan hes dead." the sky was already light on the horizon and Damion stepped towards Colette. "Good luck." he said as Sterling left.

He sat beside Colette and checked her over, she had been bled almost dry. He sat her up and leaned her against him, she needed blood. "Colette, can you hear me?" he spoke softly feeling her breathing. "Here, you need to feed." he left her gently pulling the collar of his shirt down giving her access.

Sterling as out the door and tearing off the main street toward the estate in the blink of an eye. His sleek BMW jetted across town, and he prayed that a cop wouldnt see him. It was not the time to get nabbed. His lighting quick shifting sent the silver rocket over the asphalt with screaming tires. He spottde the estat and barrled up the long drive toward the house.

The estate loomed in the horzion and he could see the sunroom. It was filled with shadows. He came to a skidding halt just feet from the sunroom. Jumping out of the car he hit a button and the trunk popped open. Sterling left the door open and the car running as he grabbed the tire iron from the back. The gravle crunched under his feet as he stood back into a batters stance then with all his might he struck the skylight. Glass went flying as the sun started to peek. Screaming and hissing filled the air as Sterling looked in. Logan was hidding in the corner behind Lord Berkingham. Logan wasted no as he jumped into the room, grabbed Logan, pushing him up and out as he groaned and shook. The with the others as they screamed and grabbed at him and then fell back in agony.

Colett heard Damions voice and a weak smile graced her lips as she nearly head butted him in her limp state. Sofly she nipped at him, nicking him just enough to get a sweet taste. Drinking very little her head fell back. She wasnt able to drink more as she passed out again. It was just enough for now, thankfully she was able to feed intime.

Sterling used Sylvias body to step up and out of the skylight. He grabbed Logan and helped him into the trunk. It was the darkest place he could think of as the sun broke into a full blaze just a he shut the trunk, and then got in and took off to check on Colette. He was sweating and shaking no belivein what he had just done, and what he had just seen. Remembering Logan was in the trunk he dailed up the air conditioning and set it just to the trunk. He had always though that was a useless feature until now.

Damion lay Colette back and closed the closet door before leaning against the wall. They had to wait for Sterling, or sunset now, he hoped Sterling was alright and that he had managed to save Logan.

Sterling hatched a plan as he drove. He didnt take Logan back to Damion, instead he drove to his condo and into the dark parking garage. There were two levels and the second was hardly ever used. It would be perfect. His car purred into an open spot in the darkest corner he could find. He even backed it into the spot just to try and protect Logan from the lights of the garage.

Cutting off the engine he dug around for his small first aid kit and got out. He opened the trunk slowly to protect Logan. He was badly burned but breathing.

"Logan.. hey.. its me Sterling can you hear me.." Sterling was very worried as Logan tried to open his eyes. All Logan could do was moan. He was in so much pain he rather die then heal. Sterling raised the trunk all the way and looked Logan over. Opening his kit he took out what he could and started to touch up the worst burns. Logans hands and face were hit the hardest. After a few moments Sterling noticed that Logan's skin as healing its self. He had to look twice as Logan groaned.

"okay lets get you into the backseat.. come on.." Sterling moved Logan into the backseat and covered him up with the the floor mats and his jacket. Its all he had, hoping it woul be enough he dug out Logans cell phone and then call out with a weak signal from the parking garage.

Damion felt the side of his neck, the nick was already closing u. He leaned into the corner taking Colette's hand in his and sat still until his phone rang.

"Hello?" he answered, it was Logan's number but he wasn't sure who had his phone.

"hey.. its me I have Logan, he's in bad shape he's okay. Ill wait till this eveing to brink him over to your place. Um where is that again and hows Colette, she's never looked so pale" Sterling voice was filled with a shaky under tone but he seemed to be stronger then he himself knew he could be.

In the closet with Damion, Colette moaned and tried to open her eyes. It was dark but she could feel that Damion was with her. She gave his hand a quick squeez and smiled. Her heart was filled with a lightness she had never know. A sigh escaped her lips as she nuzzled into his chest. As she came around her other hand touched his face and slowly she move into his him. Pulling him to her in the darkness. Her lips pressed to his as she kissed him. Another moan escaped her as she didnt stop. A thrill rippled through her as they kissed.

Damion felt Colette squeeze his hand. "She getting better." he said into the phone, "I've given her something that should help a little." she felt her moving and smiled, "She'll be alright." he hung up as Colette pulled him into a kiss, he didn't resist as she pulled him to her and as as they kissed his hand caressed her cheek. He had found his reason, and for the first time allowed himself to admit to himself that it was her he wanted from the beginning, right from the moment they had met.

Colette moaned softly as they kissed. Her eyes were closed tight as she slowly started to break away from the kiss. Her head fell into him as she fell asleep. She was still very weak but had enough in her to let him know she loved him. It was in that kiss that she too, knew where she belonged. Nuzzling into his chest a little bit more she grew limp and was out again.

Sterling called Damion once more as soon as the sunset. "So what do I do now, he's not moved really and well I not sure, should I take him to the hosptial, and hows Colette.. the line cut out before and his cell now has a low battery."

Damion hadn't moved, he had been listening to Colette's breathing and supporting her in the darkness. He knew what Logan needed was blood and Sterling's call had confirmed that. He needed to get to his old friend "Bring his here." he tried to say before the call ended but there was no way of telling if Sterling had gotten the message. He picked Colette up and opened the closet door and carried her to the bed on the far wall. It was dark now and safe for her to rest comfortably for a while. He tried Logan's number but got nothing.

"Colette." he said quietly. "Colette my love." He shook her gently. "I need you to call Steling."

Colette slowly sat up and looked around. "Where is everyone, I thought.. " then her eyes met with Damion. A huge smile crossed her lips as she blushed and hugged him. "So it wasnt a dream it was really to, you saved me.." seh gushed and didnt let him go. With a sigh she let him go. "You want me to what? Call Sterling, but why Im sure he is working or something, is everything okay..?" she asked him with a worried expression, Damion whats happened. Colette tried to get up off the bed, but was to weak and she wobbled as she stood up.

Damion stood and put an arm around Colette to steady her. "Sterling got you out, now Logan's hurt, I don't have Sterling's number." he stopped, but you're safe now.... I'm so sorry I left you alone, I should have stayed with you." He pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly, "Its my fault. I'm so sorry."

Colette wasnt sure what to as time seemed to have run her over, leaving her blind to the horror of being with Lord Berkingham and Syliva. Rubbing her eyes she sighed and looked down. "Im not okay am I?" she asked him. She felt scattered and lost. "Whos Logan?" her voice faded away as she stepped away from him and walked over to the widnow. Looking out at the night she felt safe but confused. "Um his number is.. umm" Colette tried to think again, but her memory wasnt coming back to her.

Damion didn't understand, "Colette?" he said inquiringly. It was probably fatigue and stress. "You'll be alright now." he said joining her at the window. "Its a beautiful night." he commented looking out, not wanting to force her to talk about her experiences over the last few days if she didn't want to. "This is our night, we can catch up to the others in the morning, tonight, it just about us. Sound good?"

Nodding to him she moved into his embrace and said nothing else. A few moments passed and the weight of her head fell into his chest a little harder. It seemed that she wasnt able to stay awake for very long. She was forcing her self to stay up and now her body had won. Her knees buckled and she stared to slump to the floor.

Damion caught Colette as she fell and carried her to the bed and lay her down on it. He wondered what they had done to make her this weak, but he had a feeling he already knew. He kissed her forehead and sat down looking out into the night. She would need him here, to make sure she remained safe and to feed her if she needed it. Beyond that there was nothing he could do for her other than ly beside her and hold her close to him.

A car pulled up outside the apartment and Sterling got out. Taking the stairs two at the time he got to the landing and knocked on the door. He looked like crap and extremly tired. He knocked again and then tried the handle, it was still unlocked. He didnt know if that was a good thing or a bad thing so he went in.

Seeing Damion he smiled. "hey.. she alright, everything okay.. Ive been worried sick and his phoned died.. Logan I mean, I mean he is okay, his phone died not Logan, Logan is in my car, yeah down there.." Sterling was rambling from pure exhustion. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. "So yeah.. what now..?"

"Now, we take tare of Logan, Colette will be fine." Damion said getting up and moving to the door grabbing a knife from the kitchen area on his way out. He moved down the stairs and opened the side door taking Logan out and sitting him on the stairs. "Logan, here, drink." he said slicing into his arm, flinching as he did so, and holding the cut to Logan's mouth. He held it there for a minuet before he withdrew his arm and staunched the bleeding looking physically drained. He climbed the stairs leaning heavily on the balustrade and flopped into a chair. His head felt light, he had given all the blood he could for now. Perhaps a little too much. Everything felt cold and his vision fogged over before he fell sideways from the chair.