Monreau's Daemon

Lord Berkingham was very happy to have his pet home again. As soon as he was able to get her alone he would let her know just how much she was a prize to him. Once inside his room he smiled and locked the door. Colette was withdrawn and very quite. A nice fire warmed the room as he came up behind her and kissed and sucked on her neck. It still hurt from all the other attention she recieved but she didnt say a word. Only a small whimper escasped her lips.

"There, there my pet, I wont hurt you, yet just let me enjoy you. Now that Sylvia is done with you now I get to have my fun.. and fun you will be" he spoke softly as a stabbing pain ran up and down her back as he bit into her neck. She became limp as blood dripped from her mouth and down her neck from his savage bit.

Licking his lips he smiled and watched her. "thats it, you are now mine, mine to taste and to have as I wish, whenever I wish. Damion will never have what I have, not as long as Vivian holds to her word..but you hear nothing do you my pet.." as he spoke her eyes fell to the fireplace and the flames licking the air. He smiled and feed some more.

Back in town news had spread like wild fire that Damion was out and that Colette had been spotted alive. Sterling headed to the courthouse to call in a favor. He wanted to find Colette and to nail Damion for lying to him. The brass name plate read Judge Logan Frost. Sighing Sterling went in.

"Sterling you bastard, how longs it been Ol'man come here" Sterling was pulled into a hug as the too smiled and looked at each other. "So what brings you here?" Logan asked with a bright smile. "Ah, what do you know about Damion Moonborn?" the question hung in the air as Logan looked nearly frozen. His expression was hard to read. "Ah..why?"

"I think he has my sister and I want to search his house" Sterling wasnt pulling any punches. "He's.. he's a very powerful man, I mean yeah I know him, but.. a search warrant?" Logan sighed again. "let me make a call alright, have a seat"

I was time to reign him in, Damion had escaped as expected, he had even taken his car.

"Damion darling, the mansions the other way." Vivian's voice came from the back seat as she climbed through to the front. "Look at you, what happened?" she asked pulling at his torn vest "Lets get you home." she leaved against him her hand rubbing his leg.

"Vivian, where is Colette?" he asked not taking his eyes from the road, "We have to find her."

"No, we're going back home, or..." she paused savoring his uncertain gaze the moment before the shock, "....the ones who have her will make sure she watches the sunrise."

Damion stared, almost driving off of the road. "What? Who has her?"

"You don't need to know, all you need to know is that they're waiting for my word that you're back in your mansion. If they don't hear from me..." she let the silence hang in the air, heavier and more frighting than anything she could have said..... a smile toutcher her lips, she could see she had won.

Logan picked up his phone and smiled. "Ah yes get me Damion Moonborn please." he waited and smiled. He was hoping that he could confirm that Damion either had the girl or knew where she was. Sterling was not one to sit idly by and Logan knew this. He watched him as Sterling paced.

"sit down man.. come on" he asked as the phone rang.

Lord Berkingham was drunk from his feast on Colette. He dropped her like the ragdoll she had become. He stumbled backwards and forwards. He laughed and giggled as the room spun. Blood stained his face as he staggered toward the bed. He flopped onto it and passed out. Colette was in bad shape and it would only be a matter of time until she would die. She was too weak to move and Lord Berkingham had been wreckless with her and bit her to deep. Her body lay very still on the floor still dripping from the bite marks.

A few moments later a soft knock on the door and after a moment the door opened. Sighing the maid came in and found Colette on the floor. She knew all to well the habits of Lord Berkingham and Sylvia. Shaking her head she stepped over Colette and checked on her master. Then closed up the curtains real tight and left the room.

Damion was walking through the mansion, he had a little time alone, away from Vivian as she bathed, it was fortunate that is was in that time that his phone rang.

"Hello?' he said and upon hearing the voice on the other end recognized it immediately.

"Logan!... What? I turned her, to save her life, but she was taken, I thing Lord Barkingham, knows who has her. I can't leave the mansion or they'll know, I'm being set up to take the fall. Sorry have to go." he hid the phone just in time as Vivian walked into the room toweling herself off. "Who was that." she asked, her voice sounding casual.

"A friend, he wanted to know how I was."

"Well next time, don't whisper, we have no secrets from eachother." she lay on the sofa resting her head in his lap, her eyes sparkling in the dim light. She began to hum, her way of trying to get beeper under his skin, but something had changed, something fundamental in the way he saw her, and nothing could change it back.

Logan nodded and hung up the phone. "Um details.. sit Sterling, and I mean now." he was firm but still polite. Sterling sat down and sighed. "So?" Letting out a sigh Logan rubbed his face with his hands and stood up. "I need to tell you something and your going to think me insane but we have known each other for far to long, so you must trust me."

The way he phrased it was so much like what Damion has said that Sterling forced himself to stay rational. "What are you talking out just tell me already is she okay?"

Logan shook his head. "No she isnt, she has been turned and is now in the hands of thee most worthless bastard of all time. Horrible timing for Damion, but he was only trying to save her life." Logan stopped talking and gave Sterling a moment to take it all in.

"Wait, you mean.. your.. and she is now.. I mean thats just Hollywood shit right.. oh god wait, wait" Sterling stood up as it all sank in. "Thats how he got out, thats how he.. and that night at the hospital, she oh god" he sank back down and looked crushed.

"Ill never see her again will I.." he looked completely deflated as he sat there. His heart was broken. He said he trusted Damion but he didnt realize what that meant. "So this Damion, he can save her.. like turn her back or what?" Sterling was so confused but held onto the hope that he would see his sister again, in someway somehow.

In the estate of Lord Berkingham the sunroom was being preped for its new arrival. "We are just waiting for word from our Lord, the girl is so pretty its such a waste." one servant said to the other. "I know, but they toss these girls aside like worn out shoes.. they have no heart, I think they never did.." Nodding the two left the sunroom and closed the door.

Back in the bedroom a shadow moved over to Colette, pick her up and moved her. She vanished from the room as the door opened and closed without a sound. Someone had stolen her away. But who?

Danion was champing at the bit, he needed to find Colette he couldn't leave, not while he was constantly being watched by Vivian. Finally he couldn't take it. "I'm going to find her." he said to the vampire he knew was nearby, and started walking towards the garage. "No you won't." Vivian cut him off bur Damion pushed past her towards the car. "NO!" Vivian yelled stabbing Damion in the back with a syringe. Damion gasped and turned around his arm hitting Vivian and sending her flying down the passageway. Damion stumbled towards her and fell, the syringe still sticking out of his back. Vivian got up and walked towards him, rubbing where he had hit her. "I'll forgive you for this, but only because you won't remember any of this." she smiled and begand dragging his towards the couch. "I was supost to wait until after she was dead, but its only a little early.

Logan knew all to well the horrible person that Lord Berkingham was and he had to act fast. "Go to the estate, get her out of there, they will kill her, Ill try to get to Damion, they will kill him too, Ill contact you when its safe. He gave Sterling the directions to the estate and told him to use the service entrance. Wishing him well Sterling was at the estate in no time. He did as he was told and used the back entrance. No one was around, it was like a ghost town as he moved from the kitchen and on upstairs. He just had a feeling he knew where she was and he was right. He opened the door to the master suite and there she was. Laying face down on the floor. He wanted to scream and kill the bastard passed out on the bed, but that would have to come later.

Sterling picked up Colette and got her out of there. He drove like hell not even thinking where he was going. Suddenly and without reason he found himself infront of the antique store. Perfect he thought, it was the vacant studio Colette wanted to rent out. He knew it had to be open, no one ever went up there. Sure enough it was open and up the stairs he went. The small studio was stagged for showing so it had a small bed and things in the livingroom. He laid her on the bed and covered her up. He could see she was hurt. Grabbing what he could some paper towels and a bottle of water would have to do. He had to wait for the all clear from either Damion or Logan, someone had to tell him she really was safe before he relaxed.

As Sterling got Colette into bed across town Logan had just turned the car off and was sitting outside Damions place. He knew she would be there and once again he would face her. Vivian, the one that turned him. Ringing the bell he waited for the butler and thought of Damion and what she had done to him. Was he to late?

Instead of a butler greeting Logan the door opened to reveal Vivian, she stood in the doorway looking at him with an unimpressed look on her face.

"I know you, Damion's friend... Laurence right? Damions busy right now, he does not want to be disturbed." She glanced at the sitting room nearby to make sure Damion could now be seen from the doorway. "I'll tell him you stopped by though."

"The name is Logan" stepping toward her he put his foot in the door to make sure that she couldnt close the door on him. "Now move aside, I need to see Damion, and no bullshit Viv.. move your ass" he pushed her out of the way with a great force that knocked her back on her ass as the door flung open. Logan scanned the room and spotted Damion. "Your Bitch!.. what have you done to him.." he turned on her.. He didnt have time to wait he grabbed her by the neck and slammed her against the wall over and over. Blood poured from her mouth as massed her head into the wall. He dropped her once her head fell over. He kicked her and then turned back to Damion. He check him over and knew it was bad.

"Come on.." he lifted Damion over his shoulder and made for the door. Vivian was still on the floor in a blood messs. "I'll be back for you.." he told her

Seconds later he grabbed her and flung her into the trunk of his car. He drove like a mad man over to Lord Berkinghams. He would end this tonight.

Damion didn't move as Logan carried him, he could have been asleep, if he had been capable of sleep. There was no sign of what Vivian had done to him, his neck has intact, the only blemishes the scars left there so long ago. Inside the truck Vivian was stirring, though she was a little away from shouting, if she hadn't been such an old vampire Logan's blows would have killed her.

A low moan sounded from Damion, his arm moved to cover his eyes from the minute amount of light shining onto his face from the occasional street light flashing by. His head was in agony, like a bad hangover as he began to become aware of his surroundings. Though he was still a long way off from regaining full awareness.

"hang in there D, we are almost there." Logan spoke with great concern of his friend as he rounded the estate's long driveway. The huge estate loomed in the distance. He smirked as he knew just what to do. As soon as the car was parked he turned the tables on Vivian. Opening the trunk first he called out to the house. She was still falling down at his feet as he dragged her out.

"HEY! Lord Berkingham! Hey! She's been hurt, help me get her inside, come quick" Logan dragged her to her feet and gave her a head butt. He body fell backwards as the door opened and Lord Berkingham stepped out with a few servants.

"Vivian, what happened to her?" he was worried about one of his many conquest and came rushing out.

"Damion, he attacked her, he is ill, some sort of posioning, I dont know. She is wild and well she's attacked him too. I dont know whats wrong with them.. please help before its to late" Logan knew how to place his words just so, forcing Lord Berkingham to act in ways he would never if things were different.

"But her in the room, if she turns on me, then I will know what to do.. get him inside too, have him sealed in another room, I dont want this to spread." he gave the orders as he walked over to Logan and flashed a fake smile.

"Well my boy, how are you, life in the human world of justice panning out of you I see" Lord Berkingham had played many hands of chess in his many lives, so he went along with Logan's little plan. Little did Logan know that he could careless if all three of them died by morning. His only concern was for Sylvia. It always had been always would be.

Damion woke up, his vision was blurred and his head hurt. He sat up s\trying to work out which room of the mansion he was in. He sat up trying to remember why his head hurt, and why he couldn't remember why his head hurt. He thought back to the last this he could remember but it was a blur of faces. Voices and <i>Nocturne</i> played on a cherry-wood piano. He got up unsteadily, still not realizing why he didn't recognize the room. He opened the door and made his way down the passage, there had to be a bathroom nearby, he must have drunk some old blood because he felt like he was going to be sick.

"Logan my boy you know we go way back, I mean not as far back as your father and I but far enough, now dont play games with me, why have to brought that relic to my home and Damion he is beyond reproach." Lord Berkingham laughed as Logan looked at him with fear.

"My Lord she is ready" a servant came in, gave a bow and the quickly lef the room. Lord Berkingham smiled.

"Well I would like a snack, care to join me.." he offered with a bold grin. "After all it will be our last taste of that creature. You see, you timing is impeccable. You see Ive come to realize that my daughter and Vivian have intrest in Damion, and well you bringing them both here is a compelte surprise, Sylvia will be most pleased that you have brought her a gift. Now then shall we before sun up" Lord Berkingham slapped Logan on the back as they went down into the lower levels of the estate in a room that only had a single bed in it with a skylight above it. Vivian lay on th bed babbling and moaning. Lord Berkingham wasted no time in taking his fill.

"Now than" he sad he got to his feet. "have at her, its ever so sweet and fresh" he licked his lips and walked out. "Now remember young one, you cross me and you'll be the one on that bed." With that he walked out leaving Logan to do as he pleased.

Late that night Sterling was pacing near Colette, he was worried sick as he stopped a few times to check on her and then look out the front windows. He checked and rechecked his cellphone. Still no call or missed call. It was all he could as he waited and waited. He knew that the sunrise would mean trouble but what could he do, they were in a place with no curtains. He was a fool to over look this. All he could think of was to get her into a dark place. It would have to be the walkin closet. Carefully he picked her and set her inside on the floor. Thankfully it was clean. She looked so soft and beautiful. The bad bite marks on her neck were closing up much to his surprise but reliefe as well.

Damion was curled on the cold tile floor, one hand above him holing onto the rim of the toilet. Eventually he stood and walked out into the passage, he still couldn't remember where he was or why, if he had ever known, he was just looking for a way out. He followed voices, they sounded familiar. Eventually he rounded a corner in front of Logan and Lord Barkinham. Seeing the two he stopped and looked at them with bloodshot eyes. He looked a mess, black rings around bloodshot eyes, he leaned against the wall for support. "Logan?" he eventually said as if recognizing his for the first time.

Lord Berkingham sighed and rubbed his temples seeing Damion so ill. "She injected him with that sun light crap, some chemical recation something or other, dont touch him just let him fight it out or die, either way I have to check on Syliva." He side stepped Damion with a look of utter disgust.

"Damion are you alright oh my god.. Look I dont know what can help you, all I can think is that you need to feed, Im sure she has the antidote in her system, come here" Logan grabbed Damion and helped him down next to Vivian.

"Just bite her, come on man its your only chance.. " Logan watched as Damion stuggeled "Oh fine here just do this.." Logan cut Vivians wrist waking her into a horrble scream. He fought to hold her down as blood spattered all over the walls, the floor, Logan and thankfully Damion's face and lips.

Seeing Vivian Damion stumbled backwards, almost falling over. Then dropped to his. "Don't hurt her." he said weakly as Logan took Vivian's arm and cut into it, but as soon as her blood splashed onto his lips and he tasted her he took her and slashed wrist and began drinking from her. He continued for a few minuets as Vivian's struggles lessened. When he was finished he stood and shook his head, clearing it of the last of the drug.

"He looked around at the room they where in and saw Logan. "Logan... where are we? Where is sterling?"

Logan was trying to stand up as he slipped on the blood. "he's got Colette, I.." Logan wanted to say more but he heard footsteps. "go!" he shouted as he pushed Damion out just as the massive metal door slammed shut. Sylvia laughed as he grabbed Damion into a wet kiss.

"Oh darling you home.. Vivian brought me a gift and for that I will be forever grateful" she kissed and rubbed Damion all over. She wasnt really dressed either as he night gown flowed behind her. She looked wild, mean and lustful.

"Come up to my room.. " she whispered into his ear. Logan banged on the door to get out but she blocked Damion from reaching him. "shh now love, it wont be long now, until the backstabbers get what they deserve."

Damion was caught completely by surprise, first pushed out the door then the most seductive vampire who almost every man was secretly lusting after all over him. He pushed her away from him and held her by her arms so that she could not come closer. Her nightgown left almost nothing to the imagination and Damion hesitated. She sensed this and angled her head down, looking up at him, biting her lip slightly. Damion pushed her against the door and let go of her, one ahnd reaching behind her. She kissed him again as his body pressed into hers, pinning her against the door and he put his hand to her chest and pushed, the door opening behind her and sending her sliding across the floor into the sun room.

Logan ran out shaking and ready to throw up. Sylvia screamed as she fell over Vivians body and then screamed for her father seeing the blood and Vivian a total mess.

"DADDY!!! DADDY! PLEASE PLEASE!" she screamed as loud footstepps filled the hallway. A huge hand grabbed Logan and threw him across the room where he hit the wall and landed hard. He wasnt moving as the wall behind him looked cracked.

"YOU!" he belowed as he looked at Damion. "your suppose to be in there.. you.. you" he was filled with so much rage he couldnt even talk.

Damion faced Lord Barkingham. A murderous look came into his eyes. "I could have excused you for taking her, she was alone and you saved her from being left behind, but when you found out I was the one to turn her at the club..." He looked as if he has trying to bore a hole though Lord Barkingham's skull with his eyes. "You crossed the line Lord Barkingham, you'd do anything for fresh blood." Suddenly without warning he rushed at Barkingham and slammed his shoulder into the other's chestknocking him backwards. Lord Barkinham retaliated with a punch to Damion's face sending the smaller vampire to the ground. "You forget Damion Moonborn, that the only law is strength, if you can't stop me taking what I want how can you call it wrong?" He stepped towards Damion ready to take his blood as punishment for his insolence but before he could act Logan's arms grabbed him from behind.

"Damion run, close us in." he shouted "Just go." Damion hesitated then ran for the door. "The shop, I think they went there." Logan shouted before the door closed locking the four of them in the sum room.

Damion didn't have keys for any of Lord Barkingham's cars or for Logan's but he managed to catch a taxi after a short run to the main road in front of the estate and arrived at the shop just before sunrise. Both the front and back doors where locked so he stood in the alley and shouted. "Colette...... Sterling...... Is anyone here?"