Modern Fantasy Road Trip

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TerribleName

[BCOLOR=transparent]Welcome to my interest check for a FFXV-inspired roleplay! No knowledge of the game or franchise is required, and I won't even give spoilers! Also, most of the names for stuff are placeholder names because I'm bad at naming stuff. If you have any naming ideas, please let me know! Also, if anyone could make a map, that'd be super duper, but if not, that's fine! I'd also be interested in a co-GM to help me stay on track and stuff.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]King Arandiel [Aw-rahn-dee-el] Skilium [Skee-leum] XV is the benevolent ruler of the kingdom of Anacre [Ahn-ah-kuh], a land that stretches the entirety of the continent of Lestalia [Leh-stall-ee-uh]. King Skilium XV is the latest in a long line of Radiant Kings, so named because the line was chosen by the Queen of the Great Old Ones, Echidna, to fulfill an as-of-yet unknown prophecy.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anacre is a land of sandy beaches, deep forests, frozen tundras, craggy mountains, and dry deserts. Despite the seemingly dangerous environments, the kingdom of Anacre has experienced times of great prosperity over the course of King Arandiel's reign. And thanks to the discovery of a powerful crystal of legend - the Bahumian [bah-hoo-me-un] Crystal, said to be the eye of the king of the Great Old Ones, Bahamut. Naturally, this crystal seemed to Anacreans to be a blessing from - beneath the massive capital city of Iralife [ee-ruh-lee-f], grand new technology has been borne, replacing the magitek of old with much more efficient crystal energy! This lead to a massive industrial boom, allowing people the technology to conquer the beasts of the land and settle more territory for the kingdom. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]However, in recent years, more and more powerful monsters keep appearing, and are giving settlers and the military alike a hard time. This has lead to the rise of the Hunters, an independent organization that does its best to keep the monsters in check. But even they, who train in anti-monster tactics and use anti-monster weapons, are slowly but surely being overwhelmed… No one knows why these more powerful monsters are appearing, but if the trends continue, Anacre may be doomed to succumb to the monsters.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]But, some small hope has arisen for the people of Anacre: King Scot Hartium of the kingdom of Malicium [mah-lee-see-um], situated to the southwest and spanning half the continent of Orane [oh-ray-n] has offered to help with the monster issue, promising to eradicate them… on the condition that Malicium scientists be given access to the Bahumian Crystal for study.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]So naturally, desperate to rid his land of the monsters which preyed on his people, King Skilium allowed King Malicium passage to Iralife. It was decided that, as insurance, the Prince of Anacre and the Princess of Malicium be wed and named the rulers of Anacre to prevent possible hostilities between the two.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]And finally, the wedding day came, with King Malicium and his daughter arriving with a military entourage on wedding day. The prince's personal guard, two powerful warriors around his age, stand nearby. Everything was going perfectly as planned, and the princess was preparing to walk the aisle…[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Little did the citizens of Ivalife, and even the princess, know, powerful magitek bombs have been strewn about the capital; snipers wait on standby to assassinate the king and his son; powerful magic casters have disguised themselves as citizens; magitek warships patiently await the order to advance on Iralife. Things are about to get very different for the prince, his fiance, and the good friends that are his guard…[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]******************************************************************************[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Heya! This was a very quick introduction to the main focus of our roleplay, because if I just did a huge infodump on an interest check and no one was interested, I would have wasted a lot of time! [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anyway, I ripped the whole "road trip to save a kingdom from an invading force" plot and "modern-slash-near future" setting of Final Fantasy XV. I added and/or adjusted plenty of things, too - for example, the Great Old Ones will be much more akin to Lovecraftian horrors than the mystical deities you've come to expect from Final Fantasy. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Anyway, please tell me if you're interested! And possibly what spot you're interested in. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, and if you're possibly interested in maybe co-GMing this thing with me, then PM me! [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once I get 3 people interested, I'm gonna make an OOC. Keep in mind that the characters will be 18, 19, or 20! I'm also hoping for gender parity, although it's not required (female characters would be super nice, just because lots of character applications on Iwaku seem to be for male characters. But it's not required!). I may also open this up to 5 or 6 characters, but I'm not going any higher than that![/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
I'd like to express my interest; sounds like a pretty neat spin on the 'fantasy road trip' thing-a-ma-giger that FFXV set up.

Just one question for prosperity, do the princess of the other kingdom and the prince from the main kingdom not know each other super well? As in is this is more a political marriage where neither candidate had much say in the matter?

Yes please! Modern Fantasy has to be one of my favourite genres, though I will be honest I'm not a fan of the final Fantasy games but I do quite like the world behind them, and final fantasy XV has been the first one to interest me into playing it.

Gonna cautiously express interest as well. :)

Whoa! Four people already! Geez, that's awesome. If all of you decide to stay with this, I can probably allow for 5 characters without an issue! Although, our heroes may have to get a bigger car...

And, as for your question, Baddamobs, the wedding IS purely political, but the prince and princess would have been allowed to correspond with each other freely. So, it depends on how their players wanna do it.

I have a question for all of you interested: would you be interested in a Discord server or some kind of other IM group chat for this RP? I feel it would make for easier and quicker communication amongst all of us.

I feel Discord would be particularly convenient because you can sign up snd use it from your browser if you don't want to download it (although I haven't tested it on any mobile browsers).

Unfortunately I do not have access to discord with my current method of using this site.

Unfortunately I do not have access to discord with my current method of using this site.
Unless you would rather not download it, Discord is downloadable on any platform that isn't a gaming console.

If there's still a spot open I'd love to fill it!

I'd love to join as well, love the idea of the modern fantasy road trip. To those who have not played FFXV please do so, it's actually a great game.

Unfortunately, there really isn't room for 7 characters! And six is kind of stretching it, too. One or two of you who've expressed interest might not be able to get in.

I'll try and remember to start working on the OOC tomorrow, and I might go ahead and set up a Discord server, too.

What kind of writing level will this roleplay be at? I personally don't really enjoy overly casual ones, so if this is more of a "Write whatever" thing, then perhaps my spot could be given to someone else?

Also if it's more indepth and I join, I would join the Discord chat as well. :)

And, as for your question, Baddamobs, the wedding IS purely political, but the prince and princess would have been allowed to correspond with each other freely. So, it depends on how their players wanna do it.
Aye aye, I'll keep it in mind.

Also I'll be able to join a Discord server, if we end up using one.

What kind of writing level will this roleplay be at? I personally don't really enjoy overly casual ones, so if this is more of a "Write whatever" thing, then perhaps my spot could be given to someone else?

Also if it's more indepth and I join, I would join the Discord chat as well. :)
This most certainly won't be a "write whatever" sort of roleplay; I expect any members to be competent when it comes to grammar, mechanics, and syntax, as well as capable of describing things in decent detail.

As for post size, it will probably vary - given the road trip nature of this RP and the fact all the characters will be in close proximity to each other fairly often, posts may have to be shorter to allow for more fluid and realistic interactions between characters. However, I'm still trying to hash out how that may work.

I'll update this post soon with a link to the Discord server!

Discord

Last edited:
Aw man I'm a sucker for these types of settings. How fantasy are we gonna make it, like are nonhuman characters playable? If not that's fine I like the concept enough it's not a deal breaker, but it makes things aaaall the sweeter.

Also how are classes/combat going to be handled? (I've only played crystal chronicles and the FF3 remake so im just I'm assuming classes are a thing still?)

Even if you have enough people interested can I still work on an app Just In Case (assuming you are accepting/denying apps)? I also have a discord :U

Aw man I'm a sucker for these types of settings. How fantasy are we gonna make it, like are nonhuman characters playable? If not that's fine I like the concept enough it's not a deal breaker, but it makes things aaaall the sweeter.

Also how are classes/combat going to be handled? (I've only played crystal chronicles and the FF3 remake so im just I'm assuming classes are a thing still?)

Even if you have enough people interested can I still work on an app Just In Case (assuming you are accepting/denying apps)? I also have a discord :U
The only races are humans, demons, and Great Old Ones, and humans are the only race you can make characters for.

As for classes, there really aren't any. Magic isn't much of a thing - many Anacreans have stopped using it because the new technology takes care of their needs just fine. Therefore, learning magic would be exceptionally difficult because you'd have to be self-taught. However, magitek weapons - aka weapons with elemental infusions - are still in use against demons, as are various artifacts that can cast magic for you, and are thus easy to come by if you have the money. All of our characters would likely primarily depend on using different weapons that compliment their strengths. For example, a character with abnormal physical strength might use a very heavy mace.

And, yes, you can work on an app, but I'm not sure when exactly the OOC will go up. I encourage anyone who's really interested in this to go ahead and get in the Discord! Hopefully everyone can bounce ideas off of each other and determine whether or not they're truly interested in this, and also suggest ideas to me!

How's it going? We all still around?

@Baddamobs
yep! Just being quiet I guess. Anyway, last I heard ooc should be going up either this weekend or early next week :U

Reactions: Baddamobs
Ah, that's unfortunate to hear that they're won't be enough room, since I loved Final Fantasy XV! I really like the concept of the road trip and sure if I'm not able to get in, no bother and I hope the rest of ye enjoy it. If there is, please do let me know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.