Mixed Match

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching a tv drama Dave looked to the kitten who had fell asleep on a blanket he had left on the floor. he smiled as he put on a coat and scarf as he fixed his glasses, putting his shoes on he left. On his way down he saw a flier to a club newly openeing. he shrugged to himself and thought why not. He walked for several blocks till he came to the club. Sound reverberated through his body as he stepped into the club he kept his coat on because he didnt want to pay to coat check. Moving his way to the bar he looked at the bartender who nodded to him and asked "what can i get you?" Dave smiled "If i could have a tomato and vodka?" he asked and the bartender nodded and smiled going to his work.

Valkyria felt something draw her to Liliana, but she tried desperately to deny it as she averted her gaze from Liliana. She sighed as she corrected her dress, pulling it a little up to cover her chest more. She really didn't want to be attracted to her. Liliana obviously liked Nils. She didn't have a chance. "Right... off with you." She managed with a little smile as she tried not to allow herself anything. She didn't want to fall for a girl. There was just too much trouble involved. She ran a hand through her hair as Liliana left, her tense posture slowly leaving her.

Nils sits down next to Ryuuto and looks around "you all look very nice...I feel underdressed.." He nervously rubs the scar on his cheek

Amelia blinked. "Ames? Ive never been called Ames..." she murmured to herself. She got up. "Im going to get something to drink. Anyone else?"

Nils looks up "I am fine...you dont need to get the drinks I can if you want.."

"One for me, please. Choose whatever." She seemed to be in a bad mood about something as she looked at her hands. She couldn't tell anyone. She couldn't act ok true feelings. She might as well stick to boys. But she couldn't help also wanting to try it out with girls. It hurt so badly to think she'd be lonely for the rest of her life because of that. She bit her lip as she looked down into her own glass of water, spinning it with her hands.

Dave began to survey the room then began to see a pattern develop. Single...people. He had stumbled onto a date night at a local club... he felt awkward this was to be true but then again why should he. he was single but only because of the loss of his wife. 4 years it had been, never really thinking of looking for another woman then now he stumbled into here. he closed his eyes and shook his head and smiled, as the bartender handed him his drink. "can you give me a shot of peach snapps?" the bartender nodded and did so. he picked up the shot and smiled lifting it up in cheers to her memory, and drank it. It was sweet and sticky running down his throat but the taste of alcohol was prominent. he shook his head and began to drink his Ceaser.

"I'll get it. " she said then put her hand on Val's shoulder, smiling. She headed over to the bar, trying to get the bar tenders attention.

Nils noticed the look of pain in Valkyria's eyes. He knew that look, having seen it in the mirror and with the orphans who never got adopted. "hey Valkyria...you need to talk? I can..um I can see you are hurting on the inside..."

Dave stepped back from the bar and looked to see a girl trying to get the bartenders attention. he lifted his hand and the bartender saw him and came to him. "Another peach?" he asked "No, thanks but that girl there seems to be trying to get your attention." the bartender nodded to her "what can i get you miss?"

Valkyria looked down as she attempted to form an answer. Her body was betraying her, her heart was going the wrong way. "I can't fall for a girl." She said sadly as she looked down. She didn't want anyone to worry about it but it really hurt her to think that she'd have so many unrequited loves just because they were girls. "I just can't... I don't want my feelings to be like this... I thought I'd accepted it but..." She trailed off.

Amelia smiled as the bartender finally noticed her. "Hi! Can I get 3 cokes?"

Nils moved next to her and hesitantly put an arm around her. "hey now...you shouldnt talk like that...I dont care what your orientation is, everybody should have a chance at love. I used to know this gay guy, he was openly gay but if anybody gave him crap about it he could beat them to a pulp in a flash. He met his boyfriend after saving him from getting mugged. So you shouldnt give up just because people say so...and if anyone does you just point them out to me and I will make sure they wont be able to talk for a long time.." He gives her a reassuring smile.

After a while of walking around, Liliana finally found the owner. Walking towards him, she started to get a bit nervous. When she got close enough, she cleared her throat. "Um..excuse me, sir? My name is Liliana Castellanos and I play the guitar. I wanted to know, if ,by any chance, I could play here tonight?" Holding her breath, she waited for his answer. He looked at her, taking in her body and how she was dressed. After a couple of minutes, he nodded. "Sure, why not? I think that would draw more people to the club." Smiling, she gave him a respectful bow and quickly made her way to the stage.

Arriving near the stage, she talked to the leader of the band and asked him if he could lend her the drummer for a bit. Nodding, he gave her a smile and brought her a chair for her to sit and lowered the mike for her. Sitting down, she quickly took her guitar out of the case and tuned it, placing it on her lap. Grabbing the mike, she tapped her finger on it to get everyone's attention. "Um...Hey, you guys. I hope you are having fun, tonight. My name is Liliana Castellanos and I'm gonna be playing some music for you tonight. Forgive me if I make a mistake, I'm really nervous. Anyways, here we go." Placing the mike back on it's stand, she grabbed her guitar and in a quick test, she strum some of it's strings. Satisfied with the sound, she started playing one of her songs. Concentrating on the notes, she let herself get lost in the beautiful music, trusting the other members of the band to follow her.

(This is what she was playing. By the way, I don't own this.)

"right away." The bartender placed three cups and put ice in them filling them from his fountain hose he uses to mix drinks and after the last one her looked to her. "that will be 12$" he said. Dave waved to the bartender and shook his head. "ill pay for the cokes and my drinks." he nodded to Amelia and put down 40 and got his change as he stood up from the bar and walked toward a newly open booth. where he sipped his drink in the club atmosphere.

"But the problem is that she likes you, Nils." Valkyria whispered so that only he would hear it. Because she knew she was feeling something she shouldn't and she bit her lip as she looked at her hands, trying to compose her feelings together. "And you like her too, so I won't take her away from you. I feel bad for even thinking about feeling this." It was obvious that she was referring to Liliana and that it would be practically impossible for her to ever accept what she was feeling. She didn't want for anyone to get hurt because of her feelings. And she knew that would happen because she was feeling like this for a female.

Amelia blinked in surprise as this complete stranger bought her and her friends drinks. She went to the booth her friends were at, dropped off the two cokes. "Ill be right back." She took her coke and went over to the booth where the gentleman sat. "Um, excuse me. Thank you for buying our drinks." She said with a shy nervous smile, her bangs falling in front of her face.

Nils perked up when he heard the music waft over the crowd, "knock em dead Liliana.." he mutters under his breath as he smiles and enjoys the music. But after hearing Valkyria he does a double take. "wait..you mean Liliana?..I did not even realize..I am sorry..but how can you be sure that she likes me? I mean I guess I like her too..but..." Nils becomes increasingly flustered and takes a deep breath. "Look valkyria...I honestly dont know what to do in a situation like this..but how about for the next few minutes we just enjoy the music and the fact that we have people who care about us.."

"She wants you anyways. I'm going to give up. Thank you for being my friend, though." She seemed heartbroken and just grabbed her coke when Amelia came with it, downing it as she felt tears prick at her eyes. This was why she didn't date anyone, ever. Because it never worked. Because it never became anything. "If you want her, take her. I don't stand a chance of having anyone love me when I always fall for the wrong person. I'll just deal with it. Please don't make this more painful than it is." She muttered sadly as she wiped her already wet eyes. She really didn't want to love anymore. Why did love hurt so much? Why did it have to be a girl? Why? Valkyria wanted to just run back home and seclude herself from the world again. Die lonely. Die safe. So no one would break her heart again. It was just too much for her.

Dave smiled warmly as the girl approached him. he nodded. "No problem it was my pleasure. I am David." He put his hand out in a handshake. His Crystal blue eyes danced along her chin and lips and what he could see through her bangs. she was very shy and he thought it was cute but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. "i own the flower shop Very Vine a few blocks down."

Status
Not open for further replies.