Mistaken Sights

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
The man growled, but dropped his gun, putting his hands on his head.

Mya sighed. "Get inside." She said, her voice strangely emotionless despite the panic from before.

The man crawled inside and Mya kicked the door closed behind him. She looked at Leon. "Meet me at the train station, tomorrow, at midnight. Got it?" she questioned, throwing the gun to her side. Inside, the metal was heard crashing and gunshots went off. She winced at the sound.

Witnessing what happened to the officer, Leon lowered the gun, his eyes widening and mouth dropping open. Looking at Mya he nodded silently. No going back now. He pocketed the pistol and turned, he was running again.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Mya rubbed the side of her face, amazed that he agreed so easily. she sighed, turning towards the parking lot. Her jet black jeep was the only vehicle there. She frowned, but walked towards it, driving towards her house. One day..one day and she was free to escape danger...

Leon arrived home, only living 2 or 3 miles away, he was sweating, immediately, he changed and packed his bags to get out again.

Back in the utility tunnels, three figures, the boy, the police officer, clothing and skin now torn and bloody and the scientist, his throat torn open, were now beating on the security doors, the metal was deforming and the hinges stretching and warping. The doors gave way, they were out, the trio swooped down on the two unconscious police officers, ripping into them, they then got up and they then all moved from the building together, in an uncoordinated shamble.

When Mya reached her home, she immediately started packing. Money, phone, clothes, books, sketching pads, paper, pencils, photos, and laptop with a few electronic devices she had built herself. She tossed them in the trunk of her car before sitting on her bed, looking at the clock. It was 10 pm. She sighed. "Two hours.."

Once he packed his bags, or specifically bag, which took him all of five minutes. He needed to travel light, after all, since what he saw and did had heavy ramifications. He was out of his apartment, within minutes after making a brief check, he locked the door and briskly walked downstairs. Then he stopped, he thought for a moment, christ... that kid, he had to have got out... What the hell was gonna happen when he got out? He had to do something. He was going to sort this out at the company, he needed to, then he was going to leave before anyone else, before anyone other than mad scientists and corrupt cops were killed. He turned in the direction of the company, with gun in his duffel bag and marched his way down there.

Mya laid back on her bed, thinking over what to do.

At the facility, a large gate was already in place and the military has surrounded the area. The men and women that had no sign of presence when Leon and Mya escaped where now swarming the place, examining the chaos inside with the three test subjects.

Upon seeing the military there, Leon continued to approach them, he still had his badge and ID, besides, he needed to owe up to what he did, say it was all him to these guys, if they were looking for someone about this. But when he got there and he showed them his ID, the Corporal manning the cordon looked at him and asked him, politely but firmly to "Go home, the plant's closed." Surprised and relieved he tried to, he turned to leave after apologizing and saying goodbye to the soldier when the gunfire started. Leon turned back only to be pushed along by the corporal who was yelling, unshouldering his rifle and turned to face the plant while looking back at Leon. He didn't need telling twice, he started running again.

Mya looked at her clock. One hour. She groaned, sitting up. She grabbed her bags and threw them on her back. She walked out of her door, throwing her keys on the ground and taking off at a jog towards the train station. Clouds were starting to gather overhead. She sighed, but continued, pulling the hood of her jacket over her head.

By the time Leon got back into town police cars, SWAT vans, Ambulances and even a few helicopters were traveling in the direction of the company plant, all of this was making him feel ill, he felt responsible for this. It was after midnight when he got to the train station, he was late, but he didn't know if he wanted to escape.

It was raining, and Mya was wet. She was sitting on the edge of the platform, staring as the water pooled below. She was speaking to herself in Russian, quiet, her music playing in her ears under her jacket, her backpack hidden under her, as she had it in her lap and was leaning over it. She sighed. Where is he?...I guess he gave in..most do. She rubbed a tear from her eye. She did not hear Leon approach behind her.

He knew she was listening to music, he could hear it from a few feet away, a faint metallic rattle of the bass. "Hey... Mya." He said casually. "Mya." He said slightly louder, leaning closer as he said it and back again.

Mya's head lifted and the music stopped. She pulled one headphone out, turning to look at him through the rain. "Leon..?" she sounded unsure, as if the event was not actually happening.

"Yeah." He answered dully. He looked either side down the platform and back to her, rain striking off his baseball cap. "So... why did you want to meet me? I didn't think was social." He swallowed, trying to examine what he had seen that day and how he was going to react to it. "The army's down at the plant, last I saw they were having a hard time keeping things under control." He was surprised to think about the fact that company had manufactured goods for that army, made the rubber for their gas masks and their rucksacks. "Uhh... I don't know if we should be talking about this out here."

Mya stood. "I wanted to meet you because we have to leave." she said, glancing around. They where alone. She pulled a sealed bag from her pocket, waterproof. "Read this." she said. It was a file labeled 'classified'. "I found it in my father's room..he won't miss it." she turned, looking for the train that had yet to come.

The file spoke of a research project to create the perfect bioweapon, a virus used to take out enemies. It speaks on how it was unstable, how it was uncontrollable and very infectious.

"They think that's our doing." she said quietly.

After quickly taking it and reading past the technical terms that he didn't understand, he recognized a few, prion, airborne, CJD, waterborne... etc. "We can't leave. We might spread this. How close were we to the blood?" His mouth had suddenly got very dry. From reading the file, they wrote about how those infected would break their bones from the force they exert, like people in a seizure and how pain and shock were ignored by them. "I don't mean to panic you..." He handed the file back to her.

Mya sealed the file and put it in her backpack. "But there's something we did not do about the blood." she said. "Did either of us touch it?" she knew she hadn't, and he had been wearing gloves.

"Look, in under 72 hours this is going to be a storm." He said slowly. "I don't want to be caught up in a wave of refugees and displaced citizens." He sighed. "We need to hunker down somewhere... local, and wait, wait for this to manageable... We need to stock up."

Mya shook her head. "They're looking for us..and I'm not staying here to be locked up for something I didn't do. They have cameras everywhere and eyes around every corner." She says, glancing as a light turns red. "We have three minutes before the train gets here..with or without you, I'm boarding." she bites her lip and sighs. "I hope you come with.."

"Who are they gonna be more concerned about? 2 people or an army of psychos?" He gestured with with his hands for emphasis as he said this. "I mean, where do you even plan to go?"