Mistaken Sights

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Silence came from inside. "We are not killing anyone, now leave before I call your supervisor and have you fired." the doctor rasped from inside. There was a sickening thud and Mya stepped back, paling, starting to shake.

"L-L-Leon..w-window...f-face..." she pointed at the spot on the wall that she had wiped clean with her hand.

At the window, stood a young boy, his head twisted backwards, a smile so big it looked fake was plastered on his face. He had no eyes and was covered in blood. He touched the window. The doctor lay dead behind him.

Mya backed into a wall across the hall, shaking. "Wh..wha....what..." she whispered, shaking her head.

"Come on you're the one..." He shouted back just as he heard the thud, then he straightened up, his hand moving to his chest.

As Mya spoke he looked at the window and he felt his stomach knot at the sight. "We need to go!" He yelped out, his voice shaking.

Mya nodded slightly, closing her eyes. She took a deep breath, looking away as she opened her eyes. She walked over to Leon, grabbing his wrist. "Run." she said as the boy moved to the door, beating. She let go before she took off at a slow pace just above a jog. She wanted to find out what was happening.

Once Mya held onto his wrist Leon turned to go, he started running, his shoes making sharp sounding strikes against the concrete, he realized Mya wasn't following he screamed. "Come on!" as he stopped and turned to look at her, beckoning her forth with his arm.

Mya hesitated, looking at the window. She was terrified, the emotion splashed across her face, yet calm as she turned her blue eyes towards him. They held a strange, soothing calm as she nodded, running up to him and keeping up beside him. She ignored the white strand of hair that slipped out of her ponytail.

When they started running again, Leon stopped being able to think of what he saw, just that he needed to escape. He knew that door was probably weakened by him and that boy was probably going to make it out of there extremely soon, after all, he had been the one screaming and he did kill that doctor, now he was thinking, stop it, just run, don't think just go. Christ, this was his fault...

When they reached the end of the hallway with bloody hand prints, they found the security doors where closed. A loud crash from where they had come signaled his escape..along with a shrill alarm and a flashing red light. Mya covered her ears, grimacing against the alarm. "DOOR." she yelled, unknowing if Leon could get past the door or not. She just wanted to be back home..maybe she shouldn't have come with dad today..

He fumbled into his pockets, dropping various items, a pack of gum, pocket lint, spare change, he was looking for that damned keycard. Hell, where is it, the alarms, I can't think, shit, no not in that pocket, shirt pocket. He clawed at his shirt pocket, getting the ice blue card out of it, with shaken hands he moved it towards the electronic panel on the right of the doorframe. He dropped it, where did it go? He went on all fours looking for the card, swearing, he found it, he pressed it against the panel a loud beep, all but drowned out by the alarm sounded fromt he panel and the doors clicked unlocked. He opened the door and pushed Mya through the door before following, slamming the door and doing his best with the card to lock it again.

Mya was shaking. She stared at the door with wide eyes before backing slowly away as the light flashed red, saying it was locked. She grabbed his shoulder, pulling him away. She yelped as she bumped into an open door, hurting her elbow and making her let go. They where in the lobby..but it was deserted. She looked at him, confused.

Panting and sweating, Leon walked slowly towards the front desk, needed to get someone on the phone, call the police. He lent over the desk to look for the phone, as it was not on the desk he was mildly surprised to see a handbag left there, as well as a pair of women's shoes. Left in a hurry, what the hell happened? He looked back around at Mya, he was told to prevent people going into shock you talk to them, get them to do something. "Hey, Mya, could you check if your phone works?" He asked calmly, despite not feeling it.

Mya nodded shakily, pulling her phone out. "Dead.." she mumbled before police sirens sounded outside, loud and clear. She looked at Leon. "Police?" She questioned, her voice clearly terrified. "What..what did we do...?"

"We didn't do anything. Look, you stay here." He said with as much calmness as possible, turning from the desk. "I'll tell them what's going on, they'll sort this out." He said as he went towards the front doors.

Mya nodded and promptly sat on the floor. She took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself, but the sirens were driving her crazy and the creature was beating on the security doors.

The police came to the door and lifted their guns. "State name and business!" one shouted at Leon.

The moment the police officer came in with his gun raised level at his chest, he raised his arms in a sign of surrender. "Of course, officer. I'm Leon Redford, I'm a security guard I work here. Don't point the guns at me there's a mad man who killed a doctor in the sub-levels. " He tried to say as calmly as he could. The sight of a gun being pointed at him made him nervous. He motioned with his head at the security door. "He's behind there. You're gonna need backup."

The police officer scowled. "We know all of this. We got a report that two kids where messing around and created a biological hazard." he said angrily, pointing at the door. Two police entered, going towards Mya, who jumped to her feet. "He's about to get through!!" She yelped as the door buckled slightly.

"News to me." He murmured about the explanation. "Now can you put the gun down? I'm not armed, unless you're threatened by a maglite." Leon was quite irritated now, he had only been doing his damn job and now he'd been chased by psychopaths, threatened with firing and had a gun pointed at him.

Mya frowned as the police aimed their guns at her. "What?"

The two yelled back at their comrades. "His accomplice is in here!" they start to lead her out on gunpoint.

Mya looked at Leon with sudden understanding. 'Setup.' she mouthed when the police weren't looking.

The door buckled again as the child beat on it.

The police glared at the two. "Explain how to stop him!"

"I don't know! Taze him or something!" He yelled, his arms now being used to gesture towards the door. "Shoot him even!" He turned at the police officer still holding the gun on him. "So what, we're under arrest? We're not armed, put your guns down..."

"Yes, you are both under arrest." he said as the rest of the officers went to guard the door.

Mya frowned. "No. We're not." Within seconds the police that had the gun pointed at her was on the ground, unconscious, and she pointed the gun at the policeman. "Guard that door. When he comes through, fill him with holes. Got it?"

The man frowned and pointed his pistol at her. "Nice try."

"Oh goddamit." He sighed in disbelief more than anything, he unclipped his bulky maglite torch from his belt. Wielding it like a club, he struck the police officer in front of him with it, it connected with a sharp and wet crack and the officer fell to his side with a heavy thud. Now Leon was crouched over him, the officers service pistol in his hand, aimed at the officer aimed at Mya. "Drop it, dickhead." He near shouted at him. What the hell have got myself into? There is no way this will end well.