Mistaken Sights

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
"I plan to go across the country." she crosses her arms. "I've had three hours to think on this." Mya sighed. "And supposedly there's only three infected at the moment."

"It sounded a lot more than 3 when I was there." He sighed. "If we get further into the countryside... Yeah, out west." He murmured. "I got family over there..."

Mya nodded. "See? You can go visit family and I'll find a small flat or something." she says encouragingly. "And we'll be safe if they close the city." She added as the train sounded far off.

"No... I can't accept that. You aren't going to live in a bedsit, I'll say you're a friend from college or something." He looked up at the direction the train was coming. "I mean, it's your choice but I think it's safer for us to stick together."

Mya was surprised by his offer, but nodded slightly. "Okay." she watched as the train came into view. It was bright green against the night sky. She pulled her jacket tighter around her, watching the rain ping off the windows of the locomotive. It came to a screeching halt in front of the platform, the doors opening silently. She looked at Leon. "Thanks.." she said quietly before stepping aboard, finding the nearest empty room.

He was glad she accepted the offer, he was being logical, right?

He sat opposite Mya. He then sighed heavily and leaned back against the seat, head slightly back against the rest.

Mya had her elbows on her knees, her face rested on them as the train jerked forwards. She sighed softly, shifting, letting her bag fall onto the seat before laying along the seat, staring up.

"So... Uh, tell me a bit about yourself?" He asked reluctantly after a few minutes of relative silence, the train was rather quiet as it went along the tracks.

"My name is Mya, my mother is dead, my father works at the lab, I love the color blue, and I love music." she said simply. "I am an only child. I want to go into the career of writing things like books and newspapers, maybe even a little photography. What about you?"

"Uh, well you know my name... my mom's a teacher and my dad used to be a cop.... I'm sorry to hear about your mother." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

She shrugged. "I was 3, so I'm used to it now." She sighed. "Any hobbies? Anything you love, like favorite colors?"

He nodded, looking saddened, a slight frown pinched into the corners of his lips. He sighed as if asked a very hard question and thought for a moment. "I guess I'm an outdoorsman, really... Never really thought about colours before, just took them as just there, never really thought about my favourite one, know what I mean?" He shrugged and smiled slightly. "I know, I'm weird..."

Mya nodded, listening. "Yeah, I know what you mean. And you're not weird." her lips traced a faint smile. "Just indecisive."

"Not really indecisive... I'm just focused on other stuff... But thanks for saying, I'm not weird, I mean."

She nodded. "Okay..you're welcome." she leaned back again. After a minute or two, she looked at him. "How long have you worked there?"

"Just a few weeks, really." He then thought a bit. "The selection process is quite difficult and... odd. I mean, that took me about 6 months and the questions they asked were what was really weird."

Mya sat up. "The questions where weird?" she asked quietly. "Like..if I may, what kind of weird?"

"Political views, membership of organizations, family links, that sort of thing. They must have had a lot of enemies. Even in the weeks I was there, there were protesters camped outside almost daily."

"Hmm..." she thought silently. "I don't think they had too many enemies..but okay..I guess it makes sense."

"You didn't see inside their security rooms. Man, the hardware they had..." He leant forward slightly. "I mean, they had handguns, tazers, pepper spray, gas masks, shotguns and even a few assault rifles..."