Mistaken Sights

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Mya blinked. "Really?" she frowned a little. "That doesn't make sense though...considering how quickly the military came in, why would they be so prepared?"

He shrugged. "Eco-terrorists probably..." He murmured.

Mya tensed. "Very..probable..did you see that kid? He looked...it was like they injected something in him." she sneezed and shook her head a little. Her sneeze sounded like a cat.

"Bless you." He said as she sneezed. "I didn't see any injection marks, I just saw that his eyes were... gone...." He trailed off. "I mean, the stuff they had was insane, they had cs gas, shotguns, automatic rifles... Like they were preparing for something like this."

Mya nodded. "Hmm...okay.." she bit her lip. "Do you think they were trying to invent a new weapon..but knew it could go wrong?"

"Well... they do work for the government sometimes, like their defense campus... which is what we were on." His stomach dropped as he realized something. "I think you're right, they'd do anything for money..."

Mya closed her eyes tight, resting her head in her hands. She sighed. "Great...we're under arrest for making a deadly weapon that neither of us had any idea of.." she bit her lip.

Mya flinched. "It was self-defense." she sighed. "But yeah..you are right." she looked up from her hands. "Hey...are you hungry?"

"You locked him in with that... thing. You left him to die." He felt an anger rising up in him, he focused and breathed deep to dispel it. "No, I'm not. Thank you."

"I had no choice. He said he could fight it..." she pulled her knees up to her forehead. "I couldn't let them shoot you or me." she laid over on her side. "I'm going to sleep." she said quietly, going silent. She was upset that she had even gone down there. If I had just stayed upstairs, none of this would have happened. She held herself in a tight ball, silent. She wasn't tired, but she probably should sleep.

Mya curling up in a ball was Leon's cue to drop the issue. He knew she was lying. She stripped that police officer of his duty belt and shoved him in with the eyeless boy. He could tell, that there would be more sights like that and more decisions like that. If they had been arrested, it was likely they would have been drugged and thrown out of an airplane over the ocean.

Mya slowly started to drift to sleep. Her backpack rolled over on the floor as the train turned. A broken picture frame fell out of a little girl that looked like Mya. On the back was a letter, addressed to her father.

Trying not to wake Mya, Leon carefully got up from his seat in order to gather up her belongings gently and to put them back into the safety of her backpack, this time, he made sure the rucksack was done up properly, as to avoid further spillage. He put it to in the corner where Mya's seat met the wall.

Mya shifted in her sleep, but did not wake. The lights on the train dimmed slightly as dawn came around.

The vibrations of a train, same as a bus, a car, any vehicle, even a CT scan when he smacked his head a bit too hard, they always sent him to sleep. Sat in his seat in the compartment he felt like a sentry instead of a passenger. He had been up since about 5 in the morning, he was exhausted, he could feel it stirring in his limbs like a sludge and his eyes felt the size of dinner plates. He was waiting for the conductor so he could buy them tickets, he hadn't turned up and it had been several hours since they got on. It was approaching the 24 hour mark since he'd been up.

There was a knock at the door. "Open?" a rough, low voice spoke, though it was nice and inviting.

Mya yawned, shifting. She heard it, but was not awake enough to respond fully.

"Yeah, come on in." Leon said neutrally. He fumbled to get at his wallet in his back pocket.

The man stepped in, his eyes glancing between the two. "Tickets?"
Mya shifted at the sudden new voice. She sat up, yawning.
He smiled slightly. "Hey..tickets?"
Mya reached into her pocket and pulled out two yellow slips. "Here.." She mumbled.
He stuck them in her pocket and handed her two red slips. "Would you like a pillow..or a blanket?"
Mya shook her head. "Thank you, but no thanks sir. Good day.."
"Good day to you two." he bowed slightly and closed the door.
Mya sighed softly and curled back up, but didn't go back to sleep.

Leon personally didn't know how Mya could relax.

"You asleep?" He asked.