Mission: Z, IC

Aveline
tumblr_o29zqeeKhl1qfvouao1_1280.jpg

Aveline took a few deep breaths, quietly telling herself to relax, to not worry too much. She shivered from the air, ignoring her subconscious that something was easing up on her. She tightly gripped her hands on the bars, letting her body lean back. She hated the cold but it just felt so good, so good she felt herself drifting off, not even realizing how long she has gone without proper sleep or food. She would've laughed at the thought with a corny joke. Whoever was easing up on her was doing a good job, just a little loud.

If they had planned to kill her, she didn't know what to think. If Corey was dead, then she'd be content to die and see her again; if she were to die and Corey wasn't dead, she felt it would ache her beyond the grave. She didn't even jolt at the voice, but she had recognized who it belonged to and groaned anyway. "I needed…" she paused, trying to figure out her answer. "I needed to breathe." She released the bars and faced "Annie". "And I'm assuming you're not here for view anymore?" She referred to herself. "Or you're to finish your boyfriend's job and kill me?" She smiled and tilted her head. "I would've thought with Otto around you'd conceal savagery."

--

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Dirtied sneakers
- (Removed) Metal bat (weapon)​
IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- Picture of Aveline and Corey
- 2x Bottle water
- Canned fruit Eaten
- 2x canned beans
- (Recently collected) Small pistol
- (Recently collected) 12x pistol rounds
- Dark green coat
- Small paperback "Survival for the Weak" book
SOMEWHERE (idfk)
- 1x set of gardening tools​
- 1x pair of pink gardening gloves
- 2x packets of seeds of Aloe Vera
- 1x packet of seeds of Black Mustard
- 3x packets of seeds of Sweet Mint
- 2x packets of seeds of Succulents
- 1x packet of seeds of Colocynth
- 3x packets of seeds of Tomatoes
- 4x plant pots
- 1x pack of compost​

[fieldbox="Wesley | Location: North of Ballamory, lawngreen, solid"]

6hmYQT7.jpg

As Ryan effectively tore into Jack, Wes stood beside Conner, watching the entire exchange in an awkward silence. It was rare that something brought Ryan so drastically out of character, and the fact that it was Jack of all people just made it twice as... well, weird. It would be incorrect to say the two never butted heads over anything, but more often than not there were never any serious qualms, and certainly not screaming matches. Shoving his hands into his pockets, Wes rocked back on his heels, exhaling slowly through his nostrils.

Once Ryan was finished with his scolding, and volunteered Wes to patrol with him, he lit up a little. He enjoyed spending time alone with his uncle, and these days it was a rare occurrence. Stepping towards Riley, he leaned in, touching her arm. "Hey, I'm happy for you. But if you need to talk, you know I'll listen." He said quietly enough for just them - and probably Conner if he was inclined to try hard enough - to listen.

That said, he moved around the now-dead campfire, clapping Conner on the shoulder as he passed, to stand beside Ryan and wait to move out.

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
-------------------------
On Person
Items: 6
Beretta Model 92 (17 in clip, 32 boxed)
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife
Battery Operated MP3 Player & Earbuds

Backpack
Items: 4

Sleeping Bag
Veterinary Procedures & Emergency Treatment (book)
Pack of 12 AA Batteries
Complete Field Surgical & Suture Kit

Food: Sealed MRE (6) Candy Bar (3), Packaged Tuna (2)
Water: 60oz canteen (full), 16oz bottle (4)

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Aveline

Evie clenched her fist hard around the arrow and let out a mock, pathetic chuckle. "Oh, the thief and olympic-tier bitch wants to talk about savagery!" Evie exclaimed. "You know, most people would be thanking their lucky stars, knickers and a variety of other trinkets that they're still alive right now - and trust me, if I wanted otherwise we wouldn't be talking - so why aren't you? What gives you the right to think you're so above us? I mean, as far as I see it you're nothing but a stuck-up... a stuck up bint!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Wes
"Let's go, Wes," Ryan said, his voice more of an request than an order as he brought his temper somewhat under control. Leaning his rifle against he shoulder, he headed out into the darkening night with his nephew, only far enough so that they wouldn't be heard. After all, a patrol at night was pointless. Still, if he had a chance to speak with his nephew on the issue at hand under the pretence of blowing off steam, then it was worth it.

Coming up into a small clearing, a pale sliver of moonlight lit the grove. Ryan moved into the centre, stopping walking as he did so. "Listen, Wes, tomorrow is going to be... interesting, to say the least. I'm not going to lie, I don't know how this will go down and if it comes to bullets we need to be ready. Do you understand?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- AR-15 (62x 5.56 rounds, 2 mags, 2 loose rounds)
- FAK (Bandages, Disinfectant, Plasters)
- Copy of 'Marching Orders' (his best selling novel)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

UuW5Fjg.jpg

Interactions: Connor and Riley
Left simmering in the infuriating afterglow of the fight and interaction, Jack bit into his lip, fists clenching before his anger boiled over and erupted.

"Fuck!" he screamed, driving his fist into the trunk of a nearby tree causing the bark to crack and his knuckles to bleed somewhat. He inhaled sharply, pinching his nose quickly before his attention focused on the other two left in the camp. "This is fucking bullshit. Who the fuck does Ryan think he is, huh? That kind of attitude is going to get us killed! Can you vouch for your brother, Riley?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on Person:
- HK416 (5.56mm x84)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Jerky
- Torch

6hmYQT7.jpg

He understood alright. Though he'd desperately hoped his fear-induced inaction would go unnoticed by the others, it would be pure naivety to assume it had. The plain truth was, he'd fucked up. Badly. And his ineptitude could very well have gotten his best friend killed. Dropping his gaze ashamedly, Wes cleared the lump from his throat and nodded. "I understand." He said, leaving it at that. There was no sense in making excuses for himself, when they both knew that his lack of experience was to blame.

Even growing up, Wes had never been a fighter. He'd relied on Conner to back him up since they were kids, and had never needed to actually defend himself. The apocalypse hadn't exactly been something that he was prepared for... And the truth was, if it hadn't been for Ryan, Wes would have fallen victim to the end of the world a long time ago. "I'm sorry." He said. "I'll do better."

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
On Person
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife

Backpack

Sleeping Bag
Pack of 12 AA Batteries

[/fieldbox]​

Aveline

"You're a short fuse aren't you?"
She stated, she didn't care for her tone nor her words. Actually having to force herself not to chuckle at "olympic-tier bitch". "There's no shame in surviving," she only sighed, looking the woman up and down. In many ways she was thankful for her life, thankful that she wasn't being eaten, thankful that she could still walk on both legs. In some ways, she begged for this pain and loss she felt to be rid of. Of course, she wasn't going to tell her that, she just chuckled.

"Besides, you really feel that threatened to believe that I believe I'm somehow high above than the lot of you?" Her voice was monotone, again forcing down a laugh, swaying slightly. "We've only spoken twice: when we met and at this moment. As far as I see it, you're willing to kill someone who has nothing, who still hasn't aimed to kill any of you, I stole because I had nothing. Yes, you are a savage and they are usually the ones who fear the most." She shrugged, and leaned on the fence. "So, how long is it going to take to prove my point?"

--
ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Dirtied sneakers
- (Removed) Metal bat (weapon)

IN PACK:

- Corey's stuffed animal
- 2x Bottle water
- Canned fruit Eaten
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat
- Small paperback "Survival for the Weak" book

SOMEWHERE (idfk)
- 1x set of gardening tools

- 4x plant pots
- 1x pack of compost

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Dex, Elizabeth
Cecilio was a little glad for the hug from Liz as it at least reminded him that one person couldn't really hate him in the group before he turned to Dex again. "Um...I guess good? She threatened to burn my shoes but apart from that I've decided keeping away from Ave is best. Also I brought you something to keep you awake if you intended to pull night watch or if you just need a boost." He said sliding the white pill to Dex. "I'm assuming they still had this in the military when you served." He said as he wasn't sure if the army did away with amphetamines or kept them around.

"So about tomorrow...do you think I should stay in the riot gear or just normal clothes?" He asked Dex knowing if intimidation was a factor it might convince his sisters allies to behave themselves. He got up quickly and grabbed an MRE and another for des sliding it to him. "Things are tense...got people coming for a civil discussion, a stranger in the ranks, and your sister back from the beyond. I'm...jealous of the last one to say the least...." Cecilio commented as he ripped open the MRE package.

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 2/4 Full)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
3x Dextroamphetamine pills
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded)
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory HQ, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

"She threatened to... burn your shoes..?" Dexter repeated, confused. "Must be a British thing." He mused with a small shrug. He eyed the pill that Jesse slid over, not immediately recognizing it by sight but assuming from the description that it was a super strength no-doz. "I think I should probably at least attempt to get some sleep." He admitted begrudgingly. The few hours he'd had last night, while usually manageable, had been long spent by the hectic events of the day, and he was beginning to feel worse for wear. Nevertheless, he pocketed the pill - if he did need it, it would be nice to have it on hand.

Reaching down to grab a bottle of water from the pack at his feet, Dex twisted the cap off and took a drink, not realizing how thirsty he'd been until the water was sliding down his parched throat. He paused, took a breath, and then finished the bottle, recapping it and handing it underneath the table to Hero, who hoarded empty water bottles like they were the most high quality toy in existence. He snatched it and pranced off, tail wagging.

"Well." Dexter started in response to the question. "I don't think a show of force is necessarily... well... necessary. It will be obvious that we have the upper hand on home field advantage... and there are more of us than there are of them. I didn't see any super high firepower while I was there, albeit I was a little preoccupied to actually go out of my way to look." Rubbing the back of his neck, Dex shook his head. "No, I think just regular clothes will be okay this time. Yeah, things will be tense, but that's to be expected. If we come off as overly aggressive or even overly defensive, things might take a turn we don't want." He decided to ignore the last comment, about Riley. Yeah, he was ecstatic to see that she was alive and well. But it was a little bit more complicated than that. Riley was alive, yes, but from what he'd seen of her so far... she wasn't the same person she'd been the last time he saw her. His baby sister was stubborn, yes, but he'd not only hoped, but expected for her to be happy to see him. If anything, she'd seemed disappointed. And that wounded him to his very core in a way he was entirely unwilling to admit.

With a wistful sigh, he played with the empty holster at his hip absentmindedly, before a sudden realization came to him. "Wait a second... if you're... here... than does that mean Evie went to catch up with Aveline?" He asked, both already knowing and dreading the answer.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Items: 3
Glock G29 (15 in clip) [left with Riley's group]
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15 in clip) [on left hip]

Backpack
Box of 35 rounds for Deagle
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

Food: none
Water: 17oz bottled water (1)

[/fieldbox]​

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Wes
Ryan watched Wes' reaction to his words, his brow furrowing at the response he received. "Hey," he interjected. "What did I tell you? You don't ever apologise for who you are. Especially not now. This world can be pretty fucked up but we can't forget ourselves, okay?" Ryan took a moment to look around his surroundings, searching for any movement in the trees. When he was aptly satisfied that nobody was around, he continued. "Look, my gut feeling tells these guys aren't a bad group. Riley's brother being their leader has to count for something - assuming he's not a full-blown dick. But, as much as it pains to admit it, Jack is right to some extent. We need to be careful. I want you to stay with Jack, on the perimetre if something goes wrong. Riley and Connor will be with me. I need you to keep Jack under control. Don't let him make a move without my signal. Can you do that?"

Items on Person:
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

Last edited by a moderator:
4nAuzQs.jpg

"As long as it takes for you to realize that you can't expect our trust when you don't trust us," Evie retorted. "But maybe you're right not to, because I don't trust you and I never will. Why don't you tell me why I shouldn't kill you? Let's see how much your point is worth after that."

The facade was starting to break somewhat as Evie's words became somewhat shaky, the adrenal rush finally getting to her. Every muscle in her body screamed, rebelling against her brain's command not to strike at the girl. As far as she could see, the girl was a threat and her non-chalant attitude was enough evidence of guilt as she needed. How could see expect to steal then accuse them of savagery? If she was willing to steal from them with no remorse, what else was she capable of? She was dangerous.

tumblr_m360jjq3yh1r6bj7eo2_500.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):
- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

Interactions: Wes, Jack & Conner

Riley looked over to Wesley when he touched her arm.
"Thanks Wes" Smiling, she watched as he left with Ryan. Once they were gone Riley had turned back to her bag to make sure she had everything ready to go. It wasn't long after Ryan and Wes were gone that Jack yelled. Startled, Riley looked over to Jack to see him slamming his fist into a tree trunk. Knowing that asking Jack if he was alright would be useless when he was this upset. Riley just decided to wait for his rant to end. Riley was caught off guard when he asked her about Dexter. Even though she shouldn't of been, of course everyone would ask her he was her brother.

Sighing, Riley ran her hand through her hair before she looked to Jack. "Honestly, I can't vouch for the Dexter that we're dealing with right now. It might of only been six months since months since we've been apart. But in this time of day that's plenty enough for people to change completely. All that I can tell you is of the brother I remember from before... Dex has always cared of others before his self. It's an honorable trait at times but it also makes him rash. He'll throw his self in danger for someone else before even thinking." Riley couldn't help but look down when she thought of her brother. "He's stupid like that... That's why I don't want to be apart of his group. No matter how much I try to push him away and show him that I've changed. I know he'll still try to protect me and I wont be able to handle it if it's my fault." There was the truth.

Riley was happy to see her brother alive but it also scared her when she saw how he recklessly behaved to try to get to her. It didn't matter that the world was most likely ending. Dex was still Dex and that was what could most likely get him killed. Riley looked back to Jack then to Conner.
"My brother is stupid, rash and his biggest fault is that he can be to good of a person. I honestly think we should worry about his group more. How will they react to us? And just how much pull does my brother even hold? Cause no matter how much I don't want to be around Dex. I know that Ryan wants us to finally settle down somewhere safe."

Conner looked at Riley he could see she was battling herself. "Riles, I'm sure if you really didn't want to go we could talk to Ryan." Riley looked to Conner and shook her head. "I couldn't do that. It might be hard and uncomfortable but if there is a chance of a place you guys could call home. I wouldn't want to ruin that. I'll figure a way to handle my brother's sister complex." Riley said as she smirked to Conner. She had meant it when she told Dex her group was her family and that meant she wanted them to be safe no matter what. Riley looked back to Jack. "I say we give it a chance and scope it out. If it doesn't work i'm sure we'll be able to handle ourselves like we always have."

rsz_conner1.jpg

UuW5Fjg.jpg

Interactions: Connor and Riley
Jack stayed silent as Riley talked, taking in all the information with a cold, calculating expression resting on his face. He never had been one for many words, especially in times of severity. As it stood, Riley was right. Despite how nice her brother was supposed to be, people change and they get dangerous when they have something to fight for. Right now, they were the ones at a disadvantage... but they weren't destitute. Even if Dexter was the nice guy his sister proclaimed he was, what was his group like?

"The ginger girl doesn't seem like the kind of pretty little thing that would last in a raider group or any kind of boy's club. Given what you say about your brother, I'm going to take a stab at the idea that they can at least be civil. Still, we shouldn't be complacent," Jack continued. "I got us a back up plan." A smirk mired across his face.

Items on Person:
- HK416 (5.56mm x84)
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Jerky
- Torch

Aveline

"Well," she shrugged her bag off and let it drop to the ground. "I promised Otto I'd play well with the others. Dex complies," she stepped forward. "haven't heard much from the kid," her eyebrows furrowed at the woman. "And Cecilio is.. well he's okay. But you," her head tilted, scanning the woman once more.

If Aveline were to be kicked out due to the temper of "Annie", she'd accept it. It wasn't as if she hadn't been alone before and taken care of herself before. If she were to be killed, it felt like, what? Acceptance? She was confused, even by her own thoughts. She wasn't even shaking but her heart and mind was racing. Her friends were dead, Corey was most likely dead, this whole tragedy felt like the edge and she'd accept it. She just wasn't afraid to die anymore.

Aveline stepped closer to the woman. "What are you gonna do about it, Annie?"

--
ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Dirtied sneakers
- (Removed) Metal bat (weapon)
IN PACK:​
- Corey's stuffed animal
- 2x Bottle water
- Canned fruit Eaten
- 2x canned beans
- Dark green coat
- Small paperback "Survival for the Weak" book​
SOMEWHERE (idfk)
- 1x set of gardening tools​
- 4x plant pots
- 1x pack of compost​

6hmYQT7.jpg

The thought of being in charge of making sure Jack didn't do anything rash was... intimidating, to say the least. But Wes nodded again, resting his palm instinctively on the Beretta at his hip. Jack was a good guy, and Wes, along with everyone else in the group, knew that. The thing was, though, he wasn't the type to jump through hoops to help people who couldn't help themselves, and since Wes was kinda one of those people, he got the subconscious feeling that he didn't garner as much respect from Jack as the others, who were strong, capable survivors, did. So if it came down to him needing to stop the man from doing something... well, it would probably have to resort to force. Or, rather, a show of force. And he wasn't above drawing on Jack if it prevented the man from doing something that would jeopardize their alliance. Now, was he going to shoot him? That was way past unlikely. But the point remained.

"Yes sir." He affirmed. "I can do that." Taking a moment to think, he then asked. "What will the signal be?"

He was determined to prove himself, despite Ryan's assurances that he had nothing to be sorry or ashamed of.

INVENTORY (WESLEY)
On Person
Bowie Knife, with Sheath
Small Swiss Army Knife

Backpack

Sleeping Bag
Pack of 12 AA Batteries

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Dex
Cecilio froze as he was pouring water into the heating element of the MRE. "Oh blyat..."He said realizing that he'd probably need his medical bag now. He didn't doubt Evie's capabilities nor Ave's but he knew it was going to be a pain to treat 2 patients one of whom was pissed at him and the other not exactly trusting. "Should we just take the watch or do you want to split them up?" He asked quickly just keeping himself out of the equation to avoid more problems.

He had put the ration pack in the heat element to warm it and set it aside "Cause I'd really rather not be doctor tonight." He said knowing if anything a fight was sure to break out between the two women if they provoked each other enough. "Blin..." He muttered and rubbed his eyes but he looked to Dex wonder what the man would do. "If you need help I'm there. Trust me breaking up a fight between women isn't the easiest thing in the world."

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 2/4 Full)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
3x Dextroamphetamine pills
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded)
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Evie watched on at the girl as she continued, her blood boiling, knuckles white as they clenched the arrow. The muscles in her arms ached, wanting nothing more than to jab the arrow clean into the girl's gut. Yet still, there was a clarity. The clarity she couldn't ignore. If she killed Aveline, would the others ever forgive her? But she deserved it!

"This," Evie replied, her voice cold - the last bit of cool she could muster. The arrow dropped to the floor, head sticking into the soil, before Evie threw her fist in a clear circle, swinging straight for Aveline's jaw.

On Person (Evie):
- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

JW5Dxo6.jpg

Interactions:
Wes
"Most likely a fair bit of gunfire and me screaming 'fucking run'," Ryan chuckled. "If it goes down, you'll know kiddo." He patted Wes firmly on the shoulder, moving past him. "Come on, let's head back. I'd say patrol time is over. Going to need our beauty sleep if we want to look good for the meeting tomorrow."

Items on Person:
- Knife
- Canteen
- Snack bars
- Torch

[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory HQ, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

Uncertain, Dexter played with the packaging of the MRE, fidgeting worriedly. On one hand, he knew Evie could take care of herself, and would probably resent the idea that she needed to be "rescued" if they went searching - by him or anyone else. But on the other hand... was he really willing to sit back and possibly let her get hurt or killed just to save a little bit of pride? Letting out a breath, he ripped the MRE open and scattered the contents on the table, snatching a small bag of skittles from the mess and leaning back. He could feel through the packaging that they'd melted and condensed into a thin brick.
"I mean... it's been what, half an hour? And we haven't heard any gunshots or anything..." He tried to reason. But then again, Evie used a silent weapon and it didn't take a gun to end someone's life.

Ripping open the package of candy, he bent the multicolored brick in half and slid the part still in the wrapper across the table to his companion.
"But still... I think maybe we should go look, at least. I intended on getting some sleep but that will be impossible if I don't know Evie's ok. So might as well just take the watch, right?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Items: 3
Glock G29 (15 in clip) [left with Riley's group]
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15 in clip) [on left hip]

Backpack
Box of 35 rounds for Deagle
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

Food: none
Water: 17oz bottled water (1)

[/fieldbox]​

Aveline

Aveline watched the woman's face, actually letting out a chuckle this time. This woman was so intense. The moment felt like it had slowed, Aveline glanced down to see the arrow then back up at the woman. She would've killed her right then and there but instead she had punched her causing Aveline to react by punching and pushing her back.

--
ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Dirtied sneakers
- (Removed) Metal bat (weapon)​
IN PACK:
- Corey's stuffed animal
- 2x Bottle water
- Canned fruit Eaten
- 2x canned beans