Mission: Z, IC

Aveline

tumblr_o29zqeeKhl1qfvouao1_1280.jpg

Aveline stood away from the group, arms crossed, her weight leaned onto the wall, only listening. She didn't know anything about their past lives nor the people they had met at a nearby camp. She scoffed when Dex pointed out he thought the other groups intentions were her, proving once again she didn't have anyone or a group before. But once she heard that they were going to set a fucking picnic with the group, her arms fell, her head shook, and her eyes rolled. She would've spoke up if she knew the group better, or even cared more for them.

Aveline stayed quiet, ignoring the worried teenager, rolling her eyes again at the red haired woman and her "lovely locks", keeping in her laugh. She only thought she was full of herself. When Dex mentioned his sister being alive and with the other group, she just… didn't care. "I'm not getting into this." Pushing herself off the wall, she passed them, agitated. "I'll take watch." she assures before leaving the room. Night had came in and the cold made her shiver.

She couldn't stand this damn group or their actions, she was grateful for the healing leg but this did not change her opinion. The only thing they trusted about the other group was the fucking sister and that's that? A picnic? She didn't know how many times she had circled the cul-de-sac, stomping from gate to gate and finally stopped at one. Taking a deep breathe, she could get through this, she had to remind herself that if these people fuck up: it'll be their own fault.

--

ON PERSON:
- Navy blue cardigan
- Jeans
- Dirtied sneakers
- (Removed) Metal bat (weapon)
IN PACK:​
- Corey's stuffed animal​
- Picture of Aveline and Corey​
- 2x Bottle water​
- Canned fruit Eaten​
- 2x canned beans​
- (Recently collected) Small pistol​
- (Recently collected) 12x pistol rounds​
- Dark green coat​
- Small paperback "Survival for the Weak" book​
SOMEWHERE (idfk)

- 1x set of gardening tools
- 1x pair of pink gardening gloves
- 2x packets of seeds of Aloe Vera
- 1x packet of seeds of Black Mustard
- 3x packets of seeds of Sweet Mint
- 2x packets of seeds of Succulents
- 1x packet of seeds of Colocynth
- 3x packets of seeds of Tomatoes
- 4x plant pots
- 1x pack of compost​

rsz_151218-news-shadowhunters-katherine-mcnamara.jpg

Interactions: Conner & Ryan

Riley had been ready to walk off with Conner but before they got the chance to Ryan spoke up. She watched as he lectured Jack but didn't take it to seriously. Ryan might of not liked how Jack handled this situation but she knew that he trusted Jack. Riley was pretty sure that they all trusted Jack's skills and decisions. She had been ready to continue on her way with Conner but Ryan had switched his sight to Conner.

Riley looked to Conner and could see that he was agitated but she knew he wouldn't say anything. Ryan wasn't their leader for nothing. They all respected him enough to know that if he lectured them it was for a good reason. Though it still didn't ease the sting that Riley felt cause she knew Conner had done it cause of her. Feeling guilty, Riley averted her eyes and decided to show interest in the ground instead. And it just happened to actually be interesting, near Ryan's feet laid Dex's gun.

As Ryan was telling them to pack up Riley made her way over to the gun and picked it up. Staring down at it Riley couldn't help but feel some type of tie to her brother. Though she hadn't shown it Riley had missed her brother and now that her anger had faded. She was even happy that she knew he was fine.
"Riles?" Riley looked toward Conner and smiled. "Sorry, I was caught up in my thoughts. Let's get packed up like Ryan said." She said as she made sure the safety to Dex's gun was on before placing it in her bag.

rsz_conner1.jpg

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Ballamory Peeps

Evie watched Aveline leave the room, eyes narrowing at the woman as she did so. After she had left the room, Evie decided to air the two most pressing questions she could think of.

"I have something," she said, raising her hand before resting it back on her thigh. "One: why is that woman still with us if she's going to be nothing but a bitch. Two: are we really going to trust her with first watch? Someone should go with her... and not you," she said, eyes fixing on Cecilio. "I mean, I'm not trying to be horrible or anything but... I don't know. There's something about all of this that just doesn't feel right. Like, not one bit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Dex, Ave, & Evie
Cecilio was rather quick to offer his time as well to be on night watch though it seemed Ave beat him to the punch with it at least. He spoke up after she left "I'll take up watch too. It'd be better to have 2 sets of eyes watching plus I can keep an eye on our new... guest." He said excusing himself from the dining room and heading out. He headed to his house and donned his riot gear once again. He did regard Evie's words though he saw Ave could at least give them an up in plants though when it came to her temper there certainly was no doubt she wouldn't get along with everyone. He grabbed his revolver and replaced his pistol with it noting the sights on it were much more useful in the dark and he brought along the shotgun as well.

He ventured to his trauma bag and pulled out a bottle after abit of searching with the label above it reading 'Controlled Drug'. He gave the date a look before he sighed and opened the top placing 2 pills in his hand. He decided he might as well take a third just in case someone else decided they wanted to watch as well. He pocketed the 3 pills and capped the bottle knowing it'd be best to take them when he was feeling tired. He set out early mostly double checking gates and eventually just setting on a route that let him keep an eye on the perimeter and Ave.

-------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s w/ 4-14x scope & bayonet
3x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x Large canteen ( 2/4 Full)
1x Weapon cleaning / repair kit
Various weapon accessories
3x Dextroamphetamine pills
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
1x Trauma kit
Condiments

1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
2x Pistol Magazines (2 loaded)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Evie's eyes followed Cecilio as her mouth lay agape. Finally managing to find words after his departure, she looked to Dexter and then to the others.

"Evie to Earthlings: can you understand me?" she sighed. "Did that... did that really just happen?" she added, an infuriated tone to her voice. A part of her compelled her to run after Cecilio and punch him square in the groin though the sensible side of her (which somehow won out) knew that causing a fight wasn't good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Dexter | Location: Ballamory HQ, darkorange, solid"]

uHBb1iN.jpg

"Come get me for next watch."
Dex called after Jesse, watching as the man trailed after Aveline even despite Evie's suggestion to the contrary. Dexter pressed his lips into a thin line, the displeasure obvious though unspoken. His eyes lingered on the empty doorframe the two had disappeared through, brows drawn together into a dark line. "I don't like it, either." He said finally, exhaling sharply through his nostrils. "That woman... I don't trust her. She's using us, and as soon as she gets the chance she's going to stab us in the back." He shook his head, looking at Otto. "We've all made bad decisions, but letting her stay, especially without majority's consent, was the wrong move. She's done nothing to prove herself except twine that fool around her little finger somehow." He hiked a thumb in the direction of the doorway.

Dexter knew that he wasn't exactly the harbinger of good decisions, but up until now he hadn't put anyone directly in danger. Allowing Aveline free roam of their home literally overnight, when she'd shown nothing but contempt towards all of them, was like handing a toddler a grenade. Even in the best of cases, it was still going to end badly. "I think everyone should stay in the same house for tonight, at the very least. Otto, the spare room upstairs is all yours, and Liz, you can take my bed. Couch is comfortable enough for me, and I'll have Hero on guard too, until it's our watch. Everyone ok with that?"

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person
Items: 3
Glock G29 (15 in clip) [left with Riley's group]
Hunting Knife, with Sheath [on right hip]
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (15 in clip) [on left hip]

Backpack
Items: 6
Box of 35 rounds for Deagle
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

Food: none
Water: 17oz bottled water (2)

[/fieldbox]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Dex & Evie

Cecilio waved his hand as he left gesturing to Dex he heard the mans request and would obligate it. He could feel Evie's disapproval already though at this point he was just trying to keep an eye on Ave. He acted like he blindly trusted her but he still wary to her if not less than the others though his actions were partly out of guilt for shooting her but at the same time he figured a way to gauge her usefulness was to give her some trust and in turn earn her trust.

He watched off in the distance his thoughts drifting off to home wondering if his family had survived the initial outbreak and what came after. He paused for a moment before spurring himself to move once again with a huff though he looked back to the HQ and stopped. He felt the need to apologize to Evie still and it was gnawing at him especially after how their confrontation went when he shot at Ave. He paused before he walked to the entrance and paused at the door before he opened it and entered back inside and he made his way to the dining room again. "Erm...Evie can we talk? In private?" He requested.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

4nAuzQs.jpg

"Look, I don't mind sharing. My bed's big enough for two so if you want your room, then me and Liz can have a girl's night in," Evie offered after Dex concluded. "I mean, if it was-"

Before Evie even had a chance to finish she was interrupted by Cecilio re-emerging in the doorway.

"Erm... Evie... can we talk? In private?" he asked, a long winded exhalation being the immediate response to his question. Evie sank back in her seat, arms crossed and lips scrunching up. 'If looks could kill' is the saying but Evie's looks went way beyond that. If it was hard enough to resist the urge to punch the man before, it was definitely tricky now.

"Sure," she said, bluntly, raising from her seat and moving towards the doorway. She passed a look back to Dexter before moving outside.

21728500.gif

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Otto Williams
Interactions: Dex, Evie and Jesse
Mentioned: Ave
-

Otto closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and a deep breath out as everybody said their piece, when Ave left he opened his eyes and looked to Dex, then Jesse and finally Evie. He listened to them speak, their words rolling in his head as he listened, the tone of each word. Evie's frustration at Jesse, Jesse's jump to go also take watch with Ave and Dex's disappointment and mistrust of Ave. "I'm going to address each point here individually so do please pay attention when I look at you." He said to all three before turning to Jesse. "Jesse I trust you with my life but you do seem a bit close to be keeping an eye on Ave. Now I ain't saying anything but you are being rather friendly to our new guest and while I agree that is best so she opens up more you do seem to be going a beyond what would be expected. Like I said I trust you but it's obvious both Dex and Evie see a possible danger in it." He paused and turned to Evie. "Like I just said I do see the danger in both keeping Ave here and the possibility of Jesse getting too close to her." He said to the red head before she walked out the door after Jesse asked for a private word with her before finally looking at Dex. "Dex i've been patient with both you and this group as a whole, I normally don't lose my cool but that's what happened the other night at a very basic level. I ain't going to shoot someone unless they are a threat, Ave wasn't a threat at the time I caught her plus she was shot so that doesn't leave much room for her to prove herself to your standard especially when she's been here for a single night and day now. Also don't judge my decision making when I was the only one capable of making the goddamned decision." Otto paused and took a breath before continuing. "If we are going to judge people of this group based on usefulness then you would of been left behind after getting shot but we ain't bandits or raiders so we hold ourselves to something higher then if someone is usefull or not, also need I remind you that we lost a good chunk of our group not long ago? We ain't exactly overflowing with people right now. We have five people not including the dogs and we need extra hands especially when we have an unknown group waltzing in the gates come morning." Otto again paused as he moved to sit down at the table. "Also Dexter, if you call Jesse a fool again like he's just some random stranger we just met, like he's the one who got drunk when a stranger entered our homes then you and I will have a more serious issue. Now is not the time for descension and being an asshole, for any of us." He finished before standing up and heading upstairs with his stuff.
---
Inventory
-
1x PTR91
4x 20 round magazines
1x 38. Revolver
38x 38. Special rounds
1x canteen

uHBb1iN.jpg

Meeting Evie's gaze as she followed Jesse out of the room, Dexter raised his brows, offering a half-shrug. He didn't know what Jesse wanted, per se, but if he had to guess it was probably going to be some half-assed apology. As Otto addressed him, he sat back and listened, initially intending to contribute to the conversation, but when it became clear that this was not in fact a civil conversation, but yet another lecture by Father Otto, he resigned himself to not getting a word in. And even after the other man had finished, Dex found himself too stunned to speak. Instead, he watched Otto quit the room to head upstairs, jaw clenched and face flushed in anger.

He had half a mind to follow Otto up the stairs, to speak up in his own defense and set things straight. He didn't think Aveline was useless, and in fact he hadn't even implied that she was. Dexter had no doubts that the woman had some skills, or else she wouldn't have survived half this long on her own. No, it was the open contempt and disrespect that she showed for everyone in the group - even Jesse, who followed her like a lost puppy and deserved nothing less than civility at the very least - that rankled him. But in the end, it wasn't worth it, even though Otto's poorly veiled threat made him bristle, frustrated that their close-knit group had seemed to crumble at the smallest inconvenience. It was almost to the point where being on his own out on the open road was starting to look appealing again.

Unsure of what to do, and not trusting his feet to not carry him immediately up the staircase should he rise from the table, Dex huffed and leaned forward, resting his chin on arms crossed against the tabletop. He had nothing to do until it was his watch, so brooding in silence seemed like as good an option as any.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

C3576539-1502322609168447large.jpg

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Otto, Jesse, Ave
Interactions: Dexter, Evie

Having listened to the conversations Liz felt scared. Her body shock slightly as she glanced wide eyed at Dex and Evie. She had no words at first, but there mind raced. Was this safe? A meeting with a potentially hostile group. What if one of them got hurt? More thought swirled in her head but, one was curtain they would see her as the weakest link. Liz was younger and not as an experienced fighter as the others. Looking to were Otto was to Jesse then to were Ave was she wondered if they would be okay. If this meeting went bad she feared what would happen to her 'family'.

"Umm..Dex, Evie will this meeting be good or will we get hurt?" Her voice was small as her mind filled with fear at the thought of tomorrows meeting.

Inventory

On Person (2)
Childhood Katana
Small Romeo and Juliet book
.22 rifle (Otto's)

In Apartment (6)
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket
First aid book and kit
Colt 1911 (8 Loaded, 20 boxed)

Outfit
c600x600.jpg

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Evie
Cecilio could feel Evie's gaze and it was not a good feeling but he gathered his words and inhaled before exhaling and looking to her. "I'm not great at this sort of thing... Evie I owe you an apology. For the other day and what I said and what happened." He spoke in a softer tone "By no means do you have to accept it but understand you're all my family. You and everyone else here are all I have left in this shit world. I was out of line though and especially how I've been acting lately with the new person. Frankly it's 'cause I felt bad for shooting her and...between you and me she's a fucking cunt even when you're nice to her....regardless...I apologize for how I've been acting like an asshole and how I nearly got us in deeper shit than we needed to be." He said to Evie somewhat expecting her to brush this off and still be pissed though she had every right to be so. "As for our guest I'm nearing the end of my patience with her. Rather quickly..."

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio

Evie stood still, arms folded as she listened to Cecilio's apologetic words. Despite wanting to interject, she allowed him to finish, the look of thinly-veiled disapproval unmistakeable on her face. She didn't want to be angry at anyone and she didn't want to be at ends with anyone, however there was just something she couldn't seem to get past...

"Nearing the end of your patience with her so... so what? You run off to go on patrol with her at the drop of a hat? I'm sorry, Cecilio, I'm not fucking buying it," she retorted. Unfolding her arms, her hands began to accompany her words, her pale forehead becoming fraught with frown lines as she continued on. "From what little I've seen of you two together, you don't seem to think she's a 'fucking cunt' so don't even bother trying to insult me with lies for forgiveness. Fair enough, maybe you're cautious of her but 'fucking cunt'? Come on, Cecilio. If you were serious about this, you'd be having Dex out here too, I'm not the only this implicates. So what? I'm special am I? Don't owe Dex an apology cause he doesn't have blue eyes and a pair of breasts?"

A pathetic chuckle left her lips as she shook her head. Her eyes pinched together as she brought her hand up to rub her forehead.

On Person (Evie):

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)
- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Evie
Cecilio wasn't to bothered by her stinging words especially the last part about having Dex around for the apology "I've already apologized to him and...Honestly I don't know what to tell you then...I want to hate her. I do, but at the same time I feel like shit for shooting her and I'm trying to dislike her and...Fuck this sounds confusing....I was going to ask Dex if he'd be willing to just take over the shift. I feel putting distance between me and this woman would probably be best. I keep being nice and in retrospect it's not doing anything much. " He said looking to Evie again being more honest about how he felt with this entire scenario.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

uHBb1iN.jpg

"This is supposed to be a peaceful meeting." Dexter assured her without picking his head off the table, though his gaze slid over to give her a comforting smile. "Think of it this way - if they really wanted to hurt me and Evie, they could have. And there's nothing we could've done to stop them. So, the face that we made it back here all in one piece, and they even agreed to postpone the meeting long enough to give us time to prepare, is good enough for me."

For now, he added to himself.

Hero, who had been sulking near the front door ever since he'd followed them through it, padded over and laid his chin on his master's knee with an anxious whine. Dex scratched his head, rubbing the dog's ears the way he liked.
"Besides." He returned his attentions to Liz. "We have the home advantage here. Realistically, we could have Otto or Jesse set up with a sniper somewhere. It's taking a great deal of faith and trust in us for them to even come here."

Dexter didn't think that Ryan would outright attack them. But he also wasn't dumb enough to think that the man wouldn't have his own sort of back up plan in case things went south. That would be incredibly naive on both their parts, and something just told him that Ryan wasn't that easily persuaded. Regardless, though, if both groups had the same intentions - to resolve things peacefully - there wouldn't be a problem. Which he hoped desperately was the case, especially since Riley was involved.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio

"Creating distance usually starts with avoiding volunteering to be alone with the person..." she sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. While the adrenaline from the argument was pumping through her system, the sensation had become so familiar now that instead of freaking out and going haywire as she once would she instead just simply stood there. "This would have been so much easier if you shot her in the head instead of the leg, you know?" she joked, morbidly. She exhaled a long winded sigh. "Don't take this as me forgiving you, cause I swear to christ you are still on my shoe-burning list and that's a fact. I'll take the patrol. I can catch up to her quickly. I think you need to talk to Dexter and be honest about this bloody situation cause we can't go on like this."

On Person (Evie):
- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-

Outfit:
[spoili]
RvJWtIy.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Evie, Dex, Elizabeth
Cecilio couldn't help but chuckle at the 'shoe-burning list' "Well if you do burn them without me in them please." He said as took it slightly seriously trying to think on how to make new pairs of boots. He paused for a moment before digging through his pocket and pulling out a pill "Here. If your going to be out there long take one of these. It's dextroamphetamine. Only rule of thumb is take it when your feeling dead tired and only one. Even if you don't need it take it I'm going to give one to Dex as well but I'm fairly sure they still served these out in the military when he was in it. A heads up about the woman is that she's got a knife and her pistol but I'm sure you got her handled." He said having confidence in Evie.

He quickly pulled out an extra buck knife and handed it to her still in its carrying pouch. "Here. I grabbed an extra one of these when we went back in town to get some stuff we missed." He said knowing he'd yet to even dig into the things they brought back and distribute them among everyone. "Thanks Evie...I'll um..go talk to Dex. Just come get either me, Otto, or him to take over when you want to switch out..." He said as he was sure she'd take her bow or one of the crossbows. He entered the HQ again to hear Dex talking with Liz as he entered the Dining room. "Hey Dex." Cecilio said giving Liz a small pat on the head before making his way to sit across from Dexter after taking off his weapons and setting them aside.

Inventory
1x Riot Gear suit
1x S&W 929 (loaded)
16x 9mm bullets
1x Pump Shotgun (loaded)
12x 12G buckshot

At Apartment:
2 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Trauma kit
Condiments
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)

uHBb1iN.jpg

"Hey." He replied as Jesse reentered the room and sat across from him. His eyes watched the doorway, expecting Evie to follow him through it since he hadn't heard any yelling or swearing, but when she didn't appear, he looked back to the medic. "What's up? How did... things... go?" He asked awkwardly. He'd been the one to suggest an apology to Evie in the first place, and hadn't expected it to go well. But either it had thankfully gone smoothly, or... well, he didn't want to think about the alternative, actually.

INVENTORY (DEXTER)
On Person

Backpack
Box of 50 rounds for G29
Minor First Aid Kit
Small LED Flashlight
Dogtags
Letter from his Father

[/fieldbox]​

C3576539-1502322609168447large.jpg

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Evie
Interactions: Dexter, Jesse

Liz gave a small smile while Dex talked. He was right, everything would be fine. Even if it's not everyone will be there, she'll be safe. Though she does wonder who these people are. How many are there? Also, who's Riley? Shaking from her thoughts she looked a Jesse who patted her head withe a smile. "Hi Jesse! Hope Evie's not gonna hurt you. Thank you for the talk Dex see you both tomorrow." Giving both a quick hug she bolted out of the room hopeing to avoid there conversation.

Walking back to her room she prays Dex doesn't kill Jesse or she prayed Evie didn't. Quickly hopeing in bed after setting everything down she fell asleep with thoughts of tomorrow and if Jesse will live till tomorrow.

Inventory

On Person (2)
Childhood Katana
Small Romeo and Juliet book
.22 rifle (Otto's)

In Apartment (6)
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket
First aid book and kit
Colt 1911 (8 Loaded, 20 boxed)

Outfit
c600x600.jpg

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Aveline

Evie headed off with haste. Aveline didn't seem like she was going to wait around so if Evie was going to catch up with her then she'd need to be fast. Still, though, the last bastion of amber light in the sky yielded to the eternal onyx vaults of the night and before long the only light was that of the moon and the scattered lanterns of the stars. There was the possibility that Aveline was simply patrolling the perimetre and, as such, that was the first port of call. But still, Evie was skeptical. If something was going to be amiss, she was going to discover it tonight. That fact alone was enough to make her heart beat like a thousand war drums.

She couldn't describe why, yet, since the battle at the hotel, the prospect of taking another human being's life didn't hold the same significance it had before. After fleeing the refugee camp, she quickly acclimatised to killing the infected. After all, if anything it was a mercy and a service to the person they had once been. Yet humans, humans hadn't lost any of their person. If anything, people were more themselves now than they ever had been. Being freed from the shackles of the modern world was a powerful thing and how quickly people reverted to their primal nature was interesting if not terrifying.

Still, Evie had hoped to keep herself somewhat. She wanted to stick to her morals, to her beliefs. However, people had tried to hurt her for doing the right thing before. People had killed, raped and butchered her friends. People had tried to do the same to her. People had tried to steal from and murder the group. People had kicked the world further into the darkness than it ever could be. If anything made sense now, it was kill or be killed. Hunt or be hunted. There was no lifeline, helpline or even a superhero to rely on. There was just the man she loved, the people she relied on to survive and her home at risk of being destroyed. The limit to which someone should morally go to defend those were irrelevant now.

It seemed she had circled the opposite direction to Aveline. As Evie approached the West gate, her last stop before initiating a search, she could see Aveline stood there. Slowly, still concealed in the darkness, Evie removed an arrow from her quiver, hiding it behind her back before revealing herself.

"Not in the mood for waiting on others, eh?" Evie called out, announcing her presence, closing the distance between the two.

On Person (Evie):
- Blanket
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (20 arrows)

Backpack/Room (Evie):
Items (3):

- Change of Outfit

Water (1):
- Canteen (60%)
-

Food (0):
-