[MiNaGi] Magic is just Folklore ! [Lewi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sadly no. I don't have the time. You know where I live anyways, so if you need me you can always try. Maybe try coming over tomorrow, or something."
He leaned against the tree with a sigh. As of tonight, he would have to do a report about the shadow that he'd seen and his belief that more was on their way.

Kieara smiled a bit. She nodded. "My name is Kieara by the way..." she spoke pulling her jacket around her and preparing to go home. She waited to see what he would respond with. "I will see you around."

"Julian. My name's Julian." He turned and started walking to his mansion, hands in the pockets of the jacket he was wearing under the hooded cape. As he got back, he immediately started writing the letter for the magical community's leader, saying that he would probably need assistance in keeping a thing about shadows secret seeing as there would be quite a few more coming. After half an hour, a man showed up at his door. Strangely enough, he looked old compared to Julian, in his 50s or so. Yet Julian still seemed older in his way of behaving and the shine in his eyes. The man informed that assistance was on its way and that he was here to see if there was any trouble. He said that everything was good to get the man to leave him alone.

Kieara smiled. "nice to meet you Julian. have a safe trip home." She told him and soon was on her own way home. She didn't live in anything quite as fancy as he did, but she managed to keep a nice, clean home. She lived in a small two bedroom place out from the town. She walked home to the small house and went inside going to the shower and cleaning up before donning clean nightwear and laying down to bed.

He sighed as he pulled off his cape, jacket, boots, socks and vest, sighing comfortably as he got out of all of the clothes. He looked out of the window for a little while before he drank a cup of tea and walked into his bedroom. For a while he just lied there, and then he slammed his head against the pillow. He'd just told a human about the magical world without clearing her mind afterwards. If that was to be figured out, he might just get in trouble.

Kieara slept well that night. She got up the next morning and went to work at the bakery. That evening she got him some goodies from the bakery and put them in a basket covering it with a blue checked blanket. Then as he had invited her, she showed up at his door. She knocked lightly and waited for him to answer for her.

He had actually tried to prepare for the event. His house was always tidy and clean so there was no worries about that. If anything, it was the fact that he seemed to have too many books to fit them on his bookshelves. He had put on a suit in a cream white color with a purple tie to match his eyes and hair. His hair had been combed over one side, falling in his eyes in a graceful way. On his hands the tattoos were still visible, but they were now just a dull dark purple color because the magic had wore off. He was wearing a white hood with golden edges, purple symbols sewn into the fabric. He opened the door for her and invited her inside politely. Being born so many years ago, he had learned his manners. The shirt he was wearing had a low collar and showed that he also had the purple "tattoos" on his neck and probably most of his body.

Kieara smiled as she saw him. He looked very handsome. "Wow, you clean up good." She giggled and stepped in removing her shoes politely. "I brought you some things from work. Some scones, cherry danishes, a loaf of banana nut bread and some cookies." She said to him. "Thank you for inviting me over again." she'd taken the time to go home and change, but the pasteries were still warm. She wore a black dress thst reached mid thigh and was strapless, but she wore a half jacket made of lace over that that was also black. Her hair was up in a loose bun that had a few curls to fall around her face.

"It's no problem at all, you look very pretty tonight." He politely bowed down and kissed the back of her hand, a habit he could not let go of after having picked it up a few centuries back. He closed the door behind her and lead her to the living room, placing the pastries in the kitchen for later examination. So she worked in a bakery. He walked back and gestured at one of the chairs and the couch.
"Please, sit down. You seemed interested in my, well, occupation yesterday. I take it that you haven't heard of magic before? As a real thing, of course."

Kieara smiled at his compliment. She blushed as he kissed her hand and tried not to show how much it had made her do so. "Thank you very much." she spoke. She followed him as he led her to his living room. She'd never seen a house so lavish. Of course when one lived long enough she supposed that one had time for things like this. She sat down on the couch crossing her legs in a lady-like fashion. "Yes I was. I hadn't heard of magic before, but I have always been fascinated by the idea of it."

"Truth be told, most people are born with the belief and open mind towards magic. But as they're raised to be told that this is all in stories, the belief has disappeared. You have probably not been raised to only know this."
It was actually nice once in a while to get to talk to someone about the things he wanted to talk about. He felt that he could relax around Kieara. He smiled slightly as he poured a glass of wine for them both.
"Oh, how inconsiderate of me, I forgot to ask. Do you drink alcohol?"

Kieara listened to his words. It made sense that people were born with an open mind, but were taught that it wasn't real. It was sort of like conditioning an animal for one reason or another. She gently took the glass of wine from him with a smile. "Oh it's fine, yes I do, but only on a rare occasion." she told him sipping the wine in the glass. She smield. "What a nice vintage....What is it?" she asked him.

"I actually can't remember.. 1910 or so. I have a lot of vintage wine, and keeping track of them all are to me a nuisance. I only know that this one was made for me... they didn't give me a name of it."
He smiled a little as he took a sip of the wine as well, revealing that he was wearing white gloves as well. If anything he looked to be placed a few hundred years wrong. He looked like he might as well have been a boy in the Victorian era, a fine young man who was ready to be married to a woman. Not like he was planning to marry any time soon.

Kieara liked the look on him. The old fashioned look. He pulled it off quite nicely. Though she herself doubted she could do any such thing like that. She didn't know anything about it, but she always loved old fashioned things. She spoke. "So tell me more about this magical world right under my nose. If you don't mind that is." She said as she sipped more on her wine. She didn't usually drink because she couldn't hold her liquor.

"Well, we are an ancient race. We obtained ability to almost eternal youth, hence why I still look like an attractive young man despite the fact that I'm almost ancient. Also, some of us have a special ability as we're born, for example the ability to transform into an animal. I have the ability to change my appearance entirely to my own liking. This appearance, though, is how I was born. I wouldn't look this strange on purpose, it's nostalgia, really."
He said and sipped his wine again, having a knowing expression as he spoke. He had been born with this hair and eye color, but in the wizard community, strange hair and eye colors weren't as uncommon.

"Then might I say you're a very handsome man?" She spoke to him. She sipped on her wine again and she looked around. "I love your home. It looks wonderful. Much nicer than mine." She spoke to him. "So what do you do for a profession? Or do you work?"

"Thank you. I spent a while designing it myself."
He ran a finger across the surface of the wine glass, observing it as he did so.
"As for a profession, I've been around. I research and give it to higher standing wizards and they pay me for it. It's a job that brings in a lot of money." He looked fairly bored with the topic, as his job was the least exciting part of his life. He had tried way more exciting things.

Kieara seemed to notice that this was a boring topic. She changed subject. "So, do you have any hobbies you like?" She asked with a smile. Kieara sang. She had a voice like a song bird but could never get anywhere with it. She was shy about singing for that reason

"Mmm... I've had a lot of time so I have plenty of hobbies... I play the violin and piano and sing, and I like literature and writing... at some point I learned calligraphy... and I like design and cooking."
He realized how girly his hobbies had to sound but decided to discard the thought. He wouldn't be able to lie to her and tell her things he wasn't.
"I'm also in a secret service of warriors in the magical community. I've been trained to be a fighter, and I'm talented with weapons and of course, magic. People sometimes call me a one-man army."

Kieara smiled at his hobbies. "I sing." She spoke. "Other than that I can cook but my talents don't reach far beyond that. I'm not really good at anything." She took another sip from her wine. "A one man army?" She smirked. "I always did like a man in uniform." She winked at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.