[MiNaGi] Magic is just Folklore ! [Lewi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He flinched as if he'd been hit and snapped his head up, putting the glass on the table and putting a hand against his forehead.
"Ah, no, pardon me. I was just thinking for a while, sorry if I worried you or anything." He looked at her with a slight smile as he pushed back his thoughts. He couldn't think about love as of now, it took too much of his energy.

Kieara smiled a little. She spoke. "Well if you're certain. I'm not wearing out my welcome am I?" She inquired looking at him. "Id hate to be a bother to anyone."

"No I'm just bothering myself. It's nice to have someone here once in a while. Alex doesn't talk much, you see."
He smiled at her and closed his eyes for a moment, trying to focus on his food instead of thinking about stupid things. He didn't plan on falling in love and never so suddenly.

Kieara smiled and tasted the food. "This tastes absolutely divine." She spoke to him happily. "You'll have to let Alex know that he's a very talented cook." She told him with a smile as she ate politely occasionally dabbing her pink lips with the napkin provided.

"I think he knows that, smug bastard." He smiled a bit as he ate as well, mostly watching her. He had the manners of a gentleman, but they didn't seem forced to him. Quite the opposite, actually; it looked to him as natural as breathing. He sighed a little in content as he ate, his pretty hair again falling in his eyes. He mostly didn't pay attention to how appealing his appearance was.

Kieara seemed to have natural manners too. However hers had been taught. And through many years of practice she'd learned them. She giggled a little at his comment about Alex. Looking up to see if her host was enjoying his food she noticed how his hair fell and couldn't help but blush. He looked so good without even trying.

After a few moments, he looked up at her, his hair falling in his eyes and almost sticking onto his long eyelashes. He sent her a little smile and moved his hair from his eyes.
"Is something the matter? You seem distracted." He looked into her eyes calmly, with his hand under his chin in a graceful way.

Kiearas blush heated when he noticed her. She spoke. "Nothing's wrong." She spoke with a slight waver in her voice as she snapped out of her daze. She couldn't help but scold herself internally. He wouldn't be interested in her. She was just a woman who worked in a bakey. No one special. He had had years to find a woman and hadnt settled yet. Why would she be different?

He stood from his seat and walked across the table, pulling her hand into his grip.
"Mhm, are you sure? Your face tells me otherwise.." He looked into her eyes for a while, almost looking through her in a way as if he could read her thoughts. He really didn't know why, but he wanted to make sure that this girl was smiling at him. He didn't want her to smile at others. It felt incredibly silly, that he would feel possessive like some teenage boy.

Her blush burned brighter as he did. She smiled sweetly up at him. "I am alright." She told him and had finished eating. She stood up beside of him.

He looked into her eyes for a few moments as if wanting to say something but then turned around, putting his hands in his pockets.
"... Do you know about the elixir of eternal life?" He asked in a soft voice, running a hand through his hair.

Kieara tilted her head at such a strange question. "I've never heard of it. Unless you'd count the fountain of youth." She spoke with a smile.

"See that is folklore. There is no such thing as a fountain of youth. I discovered the elixir with my research and I figured out that it could make not only wizards, but also humans, immortal. It can turn water to wine and lead to gold, and lastly, give a human the ability to perform magic." He looked thoughtful and mysterious as he spoke.

Kieara smiled as he continued to speak. "Really?" She wondered briefly if he'd used it on himself. She was happy to talk to him, but she did wonder what he was thinking and where he was going with this.

"Yeah, really. Since then magicians have been using it. All of us live immortaly now, and it's been like that since I discovered it."
He looked at her for a while and then sighed a little.
"Well... I'm telling you this because... ah, whatever. Nevermind."

Kieara frowned as he stopped speaking. she stood from her spot and moved over. She gently took his hands in her own and smiled. "Julian, don't be shy. You can talk to me about anything. I won't judge." she spoke.

"Judge? I'd practically be asking you to marry me. I don't really know if that's appropriate when we've known each other for two days..."
He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his eyes closing ever so slightly. If he asked her to let him give her the elixir she would have to abandon her old life to be with him. It felt sort of like marriage.

Kieara's old life wasn't worth it in her opinion. It was filled with torment lonliness and despair. She didn't see any use in going back. While she was with him, she didn't feel so alone anymore. This whole wide new world opened up to her. She couldn't wait to begin exploring it. She spoke. "M...Marry you?" she asked. He hadn't been very clear.

"I'd ask you to take the elixir and live with me forever. But you'd have to throw away everything and that's going to feel like a marriage. I mean it's completely reasonable if you're not interested or anything."
He sighed a little, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. He felt like a teenager confessing his love to a popular girl in school. Well, his school had been an all-boys but still.

Kieara smiled sweetly at him. "I am so very touched that you would make such an offer to me..." She spoke. She was blushing as well. "I accept." She said to him with a happy smile. She couldn't believe he'd offered that to her. She would get to learn all about the magical world. And according to him, become immortal. She was so lonely now, but she wouldn't mind spending eternity as long as she had a friend like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.