Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drip, drop, drip, drop. Black rain "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" he cried. A thick black liquid rising as it poured from the doors like waterfalls. A descending trail back the way he came, the liquid creeping closer and closer. A girls voice surrounded the walls "Jack...you've been a bad boy Jack." panic. "NOOOOO!!!" he ran, faster, faster, faster. The faster jack ran, the more rapidly everything around him moved. Thick black oil boiling like a fissure as it began to rise. Paintings flew about Jack's head and rocks weaved throughout the desolate space flying in multiple directions. "I want to get out....I want to get out! I want to get out! Water! RISING 5 kilometres per hour, likely-hood of survival at current speed 25%." something began to slow jack, as he looked down ice began to slowly form around his body; freezing his skin. "You can't run forever Jack....Jack! I will find you Jack" the female's voice again, closer. Catching his breath, the path around him began to deform. Ice appeared from the floor in which he walked; reflection. A clown, A grin, Naked. "THIRSTY" he looked below. Whirl pool. Nowhere else to run, the ice blocked his path. Jump. He dived as he descended deeper into the bottom of the thick black liquid. Down....Down...Down. "Hahahaha that's it Jackie, embrace it!" he could hear himself say. The clown was a friend, an ally. Tick. Tick. Tick. Clock? "There you are Jack" eyes everywhere, void...darkness. Egg Sacks hung from the ceiling of what appeared to be a purple cavern. Purple colour goo encased the walls "Hahaha! that's right Jackie! There's water! Go...drink to your heart's content!" Knife. The sacks moved back and forward swaying. Nutrience, food. Using the knife, jack stabbed into the three stacks, slicing them like a cross. Pulling out the membrane till he reached the water sacs inside and drank from them. Water! Taste, A primal filled him"Jack, you can't hide from me Jack." A large eyeball gazed at him, reflecting an image of the doll. He looked for an exit behind him, to run again but there was none. Only a mirror... the clown glaring at him. "Don't listen Jackie." Jack stared at the doll for a second "Survival is wrong?" the lights went out Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick... Tick...

Reality:

The pain rose through jack as the water burned his flesh.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Jack screamed. A large group of people ran through the door to find out what was going screaming as they saw the body of his supervisor on the floor. Trying to run at him, the social works tried to grab Jack but he was to quick, he ran. His face getting red as his adrenaline started pumping faster and faster he went. But time was running out, the cops would come to restrain him. His body bare and naked, he developed a chill from being out in the cold air. The sound of sirens filled the streets, he couldn't run any further. Lifting up a drain, Jack climbed into a sewer, three cops ran after him. As they approached Jack stopped and turned around, eyeing them with a murderous grin. Moving slowly forward a knife in his hand, ready for the kill as the madness took over. A menacing laugh escaped him as he hacked away at the three cops who were stuck in the clown's embrace. "What the fuck!" the exclaimed before meeting their unfortunate fate, horror painted across their faces. With a sense of grace and great dexterity, Jack proceeded to slash across the bodies of the three policemen; tearing them apart limb from limb, gouging the knife deeper into their bodies. Once satisfied he pulled out the intestines and insides of each one of them until they were inside out reaching to grab the three hearts. Taking them to his lips and ripping into the soft flesh, rabidly like a wild animal. Another figure was there too, from the corner of his eye, Jack noticed it watching him. Looking at the water in the sewer for a moment he gazed into it, mesmerized. A half-eaten heart in his hand, blood spewing from his mouth and painted across his teeth as he gleefully smiled at the man. He fell for it...the guilt."Survival is wrong?" he asked quizzically. For a split second he took it in, blood rushing to his head. Jack fainted and was taken shifted to an isolated ward in the mental asylum; he was too dangerous to go to prison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derany tensed up hearing words... "Fit right in? Not a chance... Fitting is something I'll never do..." An image of a burning city, devastated by an unknown force flashed in his head for a moment... A memory? Just another question lingering in his head... He felt Harleys anger at Alex strangely enough, it was a feeling of deep anger, more like frustration built up within... He wondered where such a feeling came from, but it soon faded away slowly but surely... As Alex added more onto what he said, a feeling that it wasn't a good idea rose up within him... Sure enough, the feeling was right... Harley suddenly snapped back at Alex yelling at him for a while before turning away.... Then he saw Alex lunging towards her... Almost instinctively he ran with a surprising amount of speed towards Alex, it seemed almost... Natural to him... He stepped between Alex and Harley before anything else could happen "Alright... That's enough! We've all seen our share of pain... Perhaps even caused it to... But now's not the time to fight amongst ourselves, after all, we might just end up in another war again..." Derany spoke, his voice was louder than it usually was, loud enough for both of them to hear him perfectly well, the look on his face was a mixture of determination and pain... He wasn't going to let this conflict happen, it wasn't worth it...

Harley Rogue
Harley was visibly surprised by what Alex did. Not because she thought he wasn't capable of it, but because she thought he will get over it as a man. But, she was wrong. As she was thrown, she managed to straighten up and land on her left foot and right knee that made a strange clicking sound as it hit the ground. "Damn it!" Anger overflown her and she felt no pain. Getting up, she shouted back to Alex making sure that Derany got the message to stay away. "Oh! I am sorry. You've SEEN things? Well I lived them! There! Happy?" She didn't want to hurt Derany, but she was as well completely focused on teaching Alex a lesson. "And you mention mothers easily for someone who witnessed something like that! Have you ever wondered if I had a mother?! Or a father? Huh? And you dare to say that YOU'RE insulted?" She smirked. "Not to call you "nothing"? I wasn't going to. But you proved me wrong. You might as well BE nothing after all this." On the sight of cracking ground, caused by Alex's sword, she returned the same way focusing her energy on the ground and making a deep crack that travelled fast, until it collided with his, creating a sound of underground trembling. "If anyone is going to get a decent ass kicking, it will be you, greeny." She released a pressurised wave from the palm of her hands, throwing him back regardless his weight, as a warning that she is not an easy deal. She alone wasn't sure about how far her abilities would go this time. But she had no other choice. The battle was all that was left. And it was going so well.

• Hit Me in My FEELS
Reactions: Nemopedia
Alex dug in with his boots and slid back a few feet from Harley's wave. "Right then!" Alex took out his gun with haste and fired it at her feet. Alex continued to fire as he walked towards Harley, quickening his pace with each shot (again intentionally miss her). At his third shot (of six) Alex paused "I'm thinkin we need a little bit of music to along with hoe down, eh Harley!" He advanced taking his fourth shot. "John play track 278." he called to John with a smirk on his face. "Of course sir, but don't you think this battle is rather pointless?" John questions raising an eye brow....if he had one. "Just play the damn song!" Alex ordered back. John began to play an old song they found while on their travels.
"It ain't country but it should be more than enough for you to handle." Alex had the biggest smirk on his face as he fired his fifth shot still advancing but with a cocky spring his step. "Whats the matter Harley can't concentrate? Losing yer focus?" Alex shot his sixth and final shot he was still about 5 feet away from Harley.

Last edited:
Harley Rogue
"It ain't country but it should be more than enough for you to handle." Instead of getting annoyed by Alex's provoking words, she concentrated on creating a highly pressurised field in front of her, that managed to turn the fifth, "Whats the matter Harley can't concentrate? Losing yer focus?", and stop the sixth bullet. "I am not a toy, nor a clown, you ass!" She released the field, just before she quickly reached and grabbed the bullet that was trapped in it. Without the speed factor, it was pretty much harmless. It burned her hand through the glove, but it was just perfect. Allowing Alex to come close enough, she smirked back. At this point her energy was all in tactics instead of attacking blindly. "You are either really experienced in fights versus Mentals, or just plain stupid to come that close to the kinesis user. Especially the one that could easily blow you up." She still couldn't decide which of those two labels she should put on the guy. Because of that, she wouldn't risk it to find out. Not again.

"Boom." She teased as she threw the bullet on the sandy ground in front of Alex, activating her ability at the same time. The bullet exploded into the ground, sending a decent amount of sand and dirt into the guy's face. The cloud of dirt risen and hid her for a moment from his sight. She couldn't help but chuckle, repeating his words. "What's the matter, Alex? Can't concentrate? Losing yer focus?" Yes, she even repeated that "yer" of his in a legit cowboy-like way. "Not bad though. It was a good run." She sprinted towards him, digging her shoulder hard into his stomach. He was pretty tall and it didn't took a lot of bending just to reach it, so the entire energy went to the impact instead. "And you won't be needing this." She turned around and kicked the gun out of his hand, adding up few more fists into his torso before moving away. She barely made herself to move away and let all that adrenaline go to waste but, at that point, she felt a bit of a pain in her knee for the first time since the impact, and she needed a break. "Damn it."

Last edited:
  • Hit Me in My FEELS
Alex plants his sword in the ground and collapses to one knee. "You.....*cough* you hit pretty hard..... fer..... mental." Alex groans and throws up a bit. Alex inhales deeply then exhales "But its going to take a lot more than a few small punches to keep me down. You've walked into a trap missy!" Alex grabs his sword and does a heavy swing at Harley's legs intending to trip her.

Harley Rogue
Harley saw it coming. She saw Alex taking his sword and swinging. And the only way to try and avoid it was going up. It took her a while to jump and it was just late enough for Alex to manage and kick her jump out of the balance by his sword. "Shit!" Was a single curse she managed to say before she landed hard on her back. Yes, staying on the ground sounded like a better idea now, but it was a bit too late to even think about that. Haley coughed violently, gasping for air. Fast. He was faster than she thought. "Ugh!" She grumbled, rolling on her side and breathing in the air that finally managed to get to her lungs. "You just won't drop it, will you?" She growled getting up and dusting off, her lungs still hurting from the impact. "Fine. But it will be your fault if we have no energy left if we need it later."

Ignoring the pain she charged again, hitting with her legs this time and using her arms as a defence. His neck would be perfect target to knock him out for a short period of time. There was only one problem; it was too high. Instead of it, she aimed his legs and sides, attempting to bring him down. He was endurable which was not a good thing at this point.

Last edited:
  • Hit Me in My FEELS
"Yer right this is a waste of energy!" Before Harley connects Alex thrusts his sword into the ground right in front of him "She won't have time to stop herself and BAM she'll run right into the sword, and hopefully knock herself out." Alex chuckled to himself. He waited for the the thwak of Harley hitting the flat part of the sword.

Harley Rogue
As soon as Harley swung her leg, getting a good aim, she realised she made a huge mistake. No matter how strong her legs were, there is no way that hitting that sword would do any good. "What the..." There was no turning back. She slammed her leg hard into the sword with a loud metal "BAM!". She was a tough girl, but the direct hit into that thing would make even the toughest guy shout and curse. And it was exactly what she did. She jumped around mumbling angrily and swearing like a sailor until the pain ceased a bit, and she was able to stand again.

"Oh? A waste of energy? Who would have thought?" She approached to Alex, limping. "And you realised this just NOW?!" She stared at him, perfectly calm at that point... before she slammed her fist as hard as she could into his shoulder as a come back. She couldn't just let him get away with what he did. She smirked mildly and turned away limping off. "Idiot." She sat on a flat rock and dusted off her hair, tying it up with the hair band. She never remembered to do that before all that crap happened. She kept her word, and ignored Alex while she rubbed her aching leg. He was a tough nut, but so was she.

Last edited:
  • Hit Me in My FEELS
well thats the old mans problem. Sasha thought to her self hearing commotion. Her main goal was the inviting pub instead. And walking inside it she couldn't help but smirk seeing the people there, majority younger than her even though they didn't look like it. Getting a few glances while heading trough the room. Sasha realxed and sat down at the bar. Ordering a beer. Asking a few subtle questions and soon she was getting a trickle of information.

With some work and maybe a little fun bantering and flirting she should be able to get the information she wanted. Now then if that old thing could shut the kids up before she had to intervene. She thought with some annoyance sweeping the shot. That came with the beer

Beau watched Newhic carefully. She found his behavior very strange. What was there to be dancing about anymore? What music was he listening to? she wondered having not seen some one act like such since she was a wee lass. Definitely have to keep an eye on this one. He didn't seem dangerous, but it was always a mistake to make such a simple assumption about someone. She had learned that no matter the size they could all be dangerous. "What are you listening to, sir?" She asked adding that bit of respect, her father had taught her manners atleast.

Beau didn't share in his laughter. it's not the biting I'm worried about. she mentally said to herself. Slowly but hesitantly she followed along behind this very strange boy as he lead her to the mecha. She didn't believe in fighting for no reason or just the sake of it. She only fought to defend herself, much preferring to flee if she could.

As they approached the two older men she gave them each a good look over, trying to figure out any weakness' should she need to. The smell of the cigarette made her nose curl briefly before turning her icy blue orbs to it. Each looked as if they might have served during the war. Maybe they knew dad. She wondered before shaking the thought free. It wouldn't matter now, she had her memories and she was content with them. Icy blue orbs watched the red end of the cigarette as Bill smoked it. She didn't know why, maybe it was because it was fire or some other strange reason but she didn't like it. Concentrating on it, seemingly what had been a small piece of ice started to grow around the cigarette. Slowly encasing it in and icy light blue case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derany realized they never heard him as they continued on fighting, his nails dug into his palms... He wouldn't have it anymore... "I said.... STOP IT!!!!" He cried out, running between the two again... His hood slipped off as a look of anger suddenly spread across his face... They were destroying each other... Just like others were doing during the war... He couldn't quite remember why, but he had hated watching it happen... He hoped they'd listen to him this time, he has had enough...

Leader smiled at the peek at Bills past, thinking of having him tell it by the campfire the coming night. He made a small shake of his head as Bill offered him the smokes, nodding knowingly at the mention of Ristoba. He didnt seem too surprised at the disturbance at the other side of camp, knowing Newhics to care for any harmful intruders. Disregarding the boy as he moved towards them with a girl he didnt recognize in tow.

Hawtair chuckled as Bill mentioned mold growing in the pilot-suit.
"No worries, this aint one of the usual ones. Its a Four-niner tech-suit. Was a huge pain in my ass to get it." There was satisfaction in his voice as he talked about it. While the names wouldnt mean shit to any other person, someone that had been part of the war, real or false, and a mechanic at that, would know them as works pf art. A slimmed version of the exo-armors and the piloting suits in one, but regarded by some as better than both, with customisability and the option of additional reinforcements. The thermal clothing on Hawtairs one was the most notable part, hiding the rest of the suit.

He glanced at Bill as he was inspected by the mechanic, snorting at the mention of discharges and extended usage.
"I have piloted that beauty almost every day for 20 years. And the sparks started the second." Leader looked at Bill with a grin *extended usage, ha!* Though his next question got a very weird expression as a response.

"Not by birth..." He said as he brushed some dirt from one of the gloves, an electric spark that seemed far too local traveling across it. When the girl got close together with Newhics he looked bemusedly at Bills frozen cigar.
"Hello there, welcome to the nontal camp. I see New is already showing you around, make sure you tell her anything she needs to know." The last was aimed at the younger man *You arent listening to anything... cheater.* He turned back to Bill, waiting for whatever other things the mechanic wondered.

-----------------------------------------

Morkat was walking along the main road in the town, looking at the people moving about, the bustling activity of life. It made him hopeful for the future. Some greeted him as a peddler, others simply because he was old, it had gotten a whole new meaning after the wars.

Some law-enforcers ran past him, looking ready for trouble, *Dont tell me its Harley and that new kid... It could be something else, Derany was with them.* He didnt feel hopeful, but maybe that was the old habit of expecting the worst. He moved past a girl standing with a soccer ball, there was something off with the thing, and when she dropped it to continue walking he could see it shimmer slightly. *An astral? Maybe not.*The supposed fellow astral mental gave off the look of someone who wasnt aware of it.

He glanced over to Sasha as she walked into the pub, *Poor fools, they wont know how outclassed they are. Maybe she will finally find some lead?* He cached up to the girl, maybe he could get her to join their cause, or just get some useful directions regarding the town.

"Excuse me miss. Would you help an old man get his bearings? Would you know of an old fella with the name of Marcus living here in Ahvenhaed, Im trying to visit my old army-buddies before Im too old to travel." He asked with a soft voice, weathered by age, but still strong. Searching her face for the absentmindedness most mentals seemed to develope.

Newhics listened to the girls question, a smirk spreading on his face. How should he answer, maybe the truth. *Nah, that isnt barely fun enough* He glanced back at her as she followed, obviously evaluating Leader and the Bill person as they got closer to them and the mecha. The tapping of his hands changed pace, readying themselves if she attacked them.

"Im listening to everything. But at the moment its just this buzzing noise those two give of with their chatter." He laughed as she froze Bills cigar. So she was a mental, and an energy it seemed like. There were a lot of them around, she could fit right in. He ignored Leaders comment about him showing the girl around, didnt he think he could figure that out himself. The idiot had apparently jumped down from the mecha again, his sparks were showing. And he was probably still joking about them. Adressing the girl again he pointed up at the mecha, his fingers still tapping.

"So, want to check the thing out? Thats guys the pilot if you were wondering. You dont have to ask him for permission, he would say yes anyway." Newhics smiled at leader, *Payback for that poker-game. HA!*. The tapping seemed to gain a defiant hint to it.

Sheriff Gallast was taking a coffee-break with his fellow law-enforcers when they got the notation of a fight between mentals at the edge of town. *Couldnt some of them think of talking things out, ever?* So now he was running towards the old area at the east part of town, the jerks had probably gotten into an argument about the content of whatever they had stashed away in those old buildings. There had been attempts at freshing the place up, but it remained as a shady part of his otherwise lovely town... And because of this there was there everything illegal or annoying happened.

They arrived as a man his age tried to step between a woman and younger man duking it out, the guy using a bloody sword! The woman hit the sword with her leg, screaming out as it probably bruised it heavily. Well, he couldnt let them continue this retarded fighting. Someone could get hurt. He ripped out his custom hand-gun and fired a few shots into the air. The area around them was cracked and otherwise teared up from their fighting. He nodded at his guys to encircle them. At least one of them was mental, probably concrete. and he had seen situations get ugly. Best to stop them cold.

"Law and order! You fellas, and madam, will be spending a little time in the cells today, come peacefully and we wont use force!" It was a simple statement, him and four others ready to pull their guns at the fighters. Maybe this could be clean and civilized for once.

Harley Rogue
Harley was still busy dealing with her leg that now felt a bit better and spoke to Derany. "Well, say your thanks to the grasshopper there." She referred to Alex without even look at him. "He started it. But it doesn't matter any more. We're both going to get busted anyway." Just as she said that, gunshots were heard and she jerked lightly, rolling her eyes once she straightened up again. "Oh joy, here come the Avengers."
"Law and order! You fellas, and madam, will be spending a little time in the cells today, come peacefully and we wont use force!", sheriff stated. Harley smirked sarcastically, moving towards the law-enforcers in a casual, non threatening way, still limping a bit, but not that much as she did before."What took you so long, sheriff? I began to worry that you aren't doing your job as you should." She chuckled calmly. "Glad I was wrong."

She stopped in front of the enforcers and raised her hands at her shoulder level with clenched fists in a "cuff me all you want" manner. "Aye, at least I will take a break from stupidity. You have no idea how tiring it is." Smiling charmingly, she proceeded. "I hope I can get a single cell. So I don't do any more trouble...you know, with no one to provoke me to do so." Before they could say anything, she added. "Oh, and don't bother the dark guy. He didn't do anything at all. He tried to stop it." At the end, she finally nodded, still holding her arms in the same manner. "So, shall we?" In reality, she was pretty much disappointed in herself. There was no way she will be able to fulfil the task that she promised to do. That was the reason why she was even more angry with Alex, than she would if there was no task. Morkat might as well leave them there for a while to teach them a lesson. In that case, she wouldn't mind at all. He would have every reason to do so.

• Hit Me in My FEELS
Alex panicked "Th the law!" Alex dropped the still sheathed sword on the ground and it landed with a huge thud. "I surrender!" Alex put his hands out so he could be cuffed. "Aw geez if paw finds out about this he'll be more angry than a bull in a red quilt shop." Alex's thoughts raced through his head. Alex sighed and agreed with Harley "Yeah the kid in the robe had nothing to with this fight, or my Nav AI so would you kind enough to leave them out of this?" Alex said in his most respectful voice. Alex turned to Harley "I'm right sorry Harley I'll make this up to you some how." he had a very sorry look on his face.

Gallast watched as the woman gave herself up, wanting a single cell, and stating that the man his age hadnt anything to do with the fight more than trying to stop it. And then the younger man spoke up, surrendering as well. And agreeing that the other man had nothing to do with it, which made Gallast suspect that they belonged to the same group, the young man and the woman having broken into an argument that eacalated. The thought was supported when the young man apologized to the woman. *Someone has anger-issues apparently* He nodded at his men to aprehend the two scuabblers.

"Glad you dont try to resist. But you will still have to visit the cells, cant let things like these slip through." He said as they were cuffed, it looked like he would actually get a clean case for once. He turned towards the third of them.

"I am guessing you belong together, will you pay for their misconduct? Or is there someone like a benefactor or workers-contact in town at the moment? Ill need an explanation as to your reason for being here." It was stated calmly and in an ordered 'matter of fact' tone. Gallast made it a habit to speak equally to everyone, the law should be just and unbaised.

Before being escorted off Alex calls out to John "John go back to camp with Derany and get help!" He then looks back at Gallast "John, he's my Nav AI, can go with Derany and tell our benefactor whats going on." John turns and looks at Derany then back at Alex "Of course sir, I will accompany him. Is there anything else you want me to do before you are carted off to the slammer sir?" John inquires in a snippy matter. "No John thank you." Alex rolls his eyes.

(By the way this is what I think John would look like, only blue.)

Harley Rogue
Harley rolled her eyes on Alex's performance when sheriff showed up and thought to herself still not talking to him. "You reap what you sow. So bare with it now." She felt pretty tight cuffs on her hands and she smirked sarcastically. "What a great sight."
"I'm right sorry Harley I'll make this up to you some how.", she hear Alex whining. Noticing his long, puppy face, she almost chuckled but she sustained it. Silent treatment never hurt anybody. Instead, she pretended to ignore it completely. She smiled lightly to the sheriff. "Fine then, lead the way whenever you're ready." She nearly broke laughing when John added. "Of course sir, I will accompany him. Is there anything else you want me to do before you are carted off to the slammer sir?". But then again, It wasn't funny at all. Morkat will be pissed.

Last edited:
Derany put his hood on quickly and nodded "Well, I guess I'll pay, and perhaps get Alex's benefactor like he requested... As for my role here; it's a long story... We were heading towards an area to go scavenging, but unfortunately... One thing led to another and eventually a fight broke out..." Derany spoke quietly, he hoped he had enough money to pay their "bail"... He also made a mental note to retrieve that pipe from the building first... He wished he was able to stop the fight before authorities showed up, he felt like he was at least partially at blame...

-Bill Mayhew-

When Hawtiar turned down his offer of a cigarette, Bill chuckled, "good, these things'll kill ya." he acknowledged as he lit it up.

His eyes also lit up with recognition as Hawtiar mentioned the nature of his suit. "that's a four niner?" Bill raised his eyebrows. The four niner suits were on the outside exactly the same as any other pilot suit, but inside the armor they were fitted with a liquid cooling and heating system, a disinfectant, and air conditioning. They were state of the art, and worth a small fortune. "Hoo boy, you know those things're worth a fair whack. Actually, I think I know why you never take it off now."

Bill was distracted from any further conversation by his cigarette turning into an icicle.
Bill turned around and saw the girl standing with Newhicks, and went to say 'You know how much these are worth missy?'
However, he got as far as "Yommph nmm?" as his lips were stuck together my a now useless lump of ice.
Bill narrowed his eyes.

Warming the ice up with saliva, his lips opened with a slipping noise and said "I said, do you know how much these are worth missy?" Bill raised a bushy eyebrow "Y'know you should have a little respect fer other peoples property. What if this was medicinal? I could be dying and it'd be all yer fault." Bill took out the box of cigarettes, paused, and thought better of it, tucking them back into his pocket "Next time just ask if I'll stop, aye?"

"So Newhicks, care to introduce us to your friend?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speakers:

"Bill Mayhew"
"Leader"
Time: Midday
Weather: Clear
Bill's physical status: Nominal
Bill's mental status: Distracted
Mabel's status: Nominal
Party size: 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~