Mental Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Bill Mayhew-

"You are right in that friend, he has zero to none openings. Sure, just let me open her up. I'll tell you when I get down." The young man hopped into the cockpit, and it was all Bill could do not to rub his hands together and chuckle heartily as the colossus opened up in front of him. The precision engineering in this thing was phenomenal. The energy system alone could power a town of hundreds for weeks. It was a little dilapidated and definitely needed some TLC, but what didn't these days?

Bill watched as the young man leapt from his craft and, spread-eagled, fell through the air. Bill raised an eyebrow and made a slight groaning noise as the man, with the assistance of his pilot suit and a line slowing his descent, landed with a thud crouching at bill's feet. "Well, you've certainly developed a novel way to dismount" Bill said, pausing for a moment as the young man stood, before letting a warm smile spread across his features. "Morkat said you might do something like that." Bill proffered a hand and the "Leader" fella shook it. "Glad to meet you Bill! Now what did you wonder?" "Well, first things first, I don't like referring to people by their rank. Not since the war ended, and I'd like to keep it that way. You got a name other than "Leader"?" Bill's eyes glinted in the late afternoon light. This was it. The ego check. Good leaders know when to pick their battles. If the young man in front of Bill chose to reveal a name, any name, it meant at least that he wasn't going to value his own life and dignity over those below him. If so, he was the kind of man Bill could follow, could fight for. If "Leader" reacted poorly, and demanded to be referred to only as such, Bill was going to keep him at arms length. Anyone with an ego fragile enough that it required constant preening was not the type of man Bill wanted to be back to back to when the bullets started flying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speakers:
"Bill Mayhew"
"Leader"

Time: Midday
Weather: Clear
Bill's physical status: Nominal
Bill's mental status: Distracted
Mabel's status: Nominal
Party size: 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

A change came over Leaders smile when Bill asked if he had a name apart from his rank *rank huh, left that a while ago* he gained a defiant glint in his eyes.

"It certainly isnt my rank since the war, it would be better to call me deserter or traitor in that case. Ask those that arent around anymore." There was a hint of anger in the statement, and small electrical discharges played over Leaders suit. Then the moment was over and a laugh came over his face.

"Id rather be called Hawtiar. My nontals seem to have plastered that 'rank' on me along the way." He pronounced it as Aré-tear, and it was simply the way his mouth moved that showed how it was probably meant.

"And it fits me and the rugbie better anyhow." A genuine laugh escaped him as the mechas hands seemingly shuddered, but it could have been the light.

Last edited:
Beau's heart was racing. She silently cursed it hoping to not get cuaght. Closing her eyes to try to calm her nerves she gave a soft sigh before nearly jumping out of her skin by his presence. God she had to collect herself.

Expertly rolling to her right, to escape his clutches should he be harmful, and pulling out her long sword. It was intericately detailed from handle to blade with some sort of ruins carved into it, weither for looks or to protect the sword, one could only guess. Icey blue eyes bore into the boy before hearing what seemed like two older men. Eyes darted behind her before back at the boy. She was out numbered, taking longer then she should, she slowly resheathed her sword before speaking. " Sorry, you scared me. ....... a mecha? What is this mecha you speak of?" Silently observing his fingers hitting the air. Beau quirked a brow but didn't ask about it yet.

He hadn't tried to kill her or harm her, though sneaking up on someone like that was almost suicidal. Though he didn't appear to be dangerous, nor had he approached her like such, he could be a mental and harm her.

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl jumped away from him in a roll and came up with her sword drawn, she glanced behind her at the sounds of Leader and Bill talking. She seemed to come to a conclusion, sheating her sword again. *I dont look like a threat then? Good* He smiled at her question, she must have lived spared from the world then. What a bliss it would be, but no, that wasnt possible anymore.

"Well you were sneaking around camp, we cant have that." There was the hint of amusement in Newhics voice as he said it. But it wasnt because it was a joke, rather aiming at the fact that someone had tried to sneak in under his watch.

"The mecha is that huge mechanic robot. What you came here for, want to see it up front? Come along, we dont bite." The last was said with genuine laughter in it. He turned while his hands reached out to the sides, the tapping fingers seemingly touching upon a surface in the air. The fact that the girl had looked questionably at his quirk wasnt sometging Newhics had noticed, he simply followed the music. Taking a few dancing steps along the way to the camp.

Jack stood stranded within the depths of the star crossed void, swirling with purple and black. Streams of chequered flooring spiraling and changing directions as door opened and closed appearing in different spaces. A howl. "Jackie...." the sound of dripping, drip....drip...drip. "Jackie" drip...drip..."She's coming for you Jackie." the voice surrounded him. "Don't let her come, she wants to hurt me! no! I don't want to do it! make it stop!" he felt himself rock back and forward as he broke into a run. Trees hung from the ceilings, he looked at his hands...they were red. Red....red...red.... drip. Face rotten, eye swollen skin torn apart flesh raw and smiling... bells. Laugh. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Silence, shadows crept from their dark corners - sneering, waiting to devour anything that touched them. "Run away Jack" the voice echoed. He reached out...there was nothing, why why why. Rain. Water was filling up. Black rain. Standing still for a moment, Jack fell to his knees "It BURNS" he cried agony as steam started rising from his skin.

Reality:
"Don't let her come, she want to hurt me! no! I don't want to do it! make it stop!" His body moved as he stabbed the eyes of the old lady approaching him, digging the knife into her skin until it pierced into her flesh. Ripping and tearing as he drove the knife deeper and deeper into the soft meat before letting the knife go and reaching into her eye sockets, grabbing hold of the small white membrane and ripping it from her skull. Thick red liquid oozed out of her pouring on to the floor, dripping from her hair. Sounds of screams came from the outside it spread under the crevice of the door. Hurried voices came from the other room. He panicked. hurriedly Jack barged into the shower room turning on the water to a scorching temperature. He let out a cry of agony "IT BURNS"

Harley Rogue
She nodded confirming Alex's words and smirk pleased. "You're a fast learner I bet. We shall get along just fine, soldier." Harley raised thumb up acknowledging Derany's introduction. "Aye, very nice to meet you, Derany. Looking forward to cooperate." Walking forward, she hesitated on Alex's question. "So Jinx are you a...... you know.... a mental?"
Yes, she could tell he was as nervous about asking it as she was about answering it. Finally she smiled taking out one of the bullet casings. "Well, how about we find out?" Without stopping, she took the casing between her thumb and index finger and focused for a moment. She could feel the tension forming around the casing. Rising until the casing gave in and got equal curves from both of it's sides. Now it's body was sand clock shaped. Harley chuckled and threw it to Alex, with a humble "Ta-dah."
"Well, who would have thought? I really am."
Without turning, she spoke to Derany. "You as well huh? Welcome to the weird club. What is your sin?" By that, she meant to ask about his powers.

• I'm SHOOK
Reactions: Nemopedia
Derany hesitated... A little nervous about showing his power... Then he turned to Alex for a moment "You needed water, right? Hold out an empty flask, leaving the lid open if you did..." He told him quietly... He turned so he was facing both Harley and Alex "What I'm about to do should take care of our water problem, and what my "sin" is." He pulled out a flask of his own clipped to his belt hidden in the folds of his robe, this one contained water... Fighting back the nervousness he felt, he waited for Alex to open his flask...

Cautious Alex opened one of his canteens "Well alright partner there you go."

Derany opened his own flask, it was filled to the brim with water, he closed his eyes and concentrated on the wind, he imagined the wind around him gathering into a ball of white energy... A white ball began to form as wind started to flow and form into a light-grey ball of energy, it almost looked gass-like... Once he gathered enough He concentrated quickly on an image of a strong but quick gust of wind blowing the water in a steady stream towards Alex's open flask... He splashed water out of his flask as the ball seemed to collapse, as a strong, quick, but still almost precise blast of wind launched the water he had splashed from his canteen in a thin, long cone shape into Alex's flask, filling about a quarter of it... Derany let out a sigh "It's been a while since I've done that..." He spoke quietly, closing his canteen again "Sorry I wasn't able to transfer more... The rest would have missed it entirely..."

A bit dumbfounded Alex closed his canteen. "Well shoot you two are right amazing!" Alex had an awestruck smile on his face. "Me being a normal I guess I'm easily impressed when it comes to having powers. You two must really enjoy it!" Alex scratched the back of his head and laughed. "Can I really trust these two? I mean they don't seem dangerous but some of them in the false war didn't seem dangerous either..... The girl seems to be some kind of kinesis user and the boy is an energy user. Ugh I want to trust them but I just can't, so I think I'm just going to keep my cool for now." Thoughts buzzed in and out of Alex's head. "So Derany how long do you think it will take to get where we need to go?" Alex asked.

Harley Rogue
She nodded amused by show Derany put on. "Impressive. I bet it is quite useful. I'll need to see you engaged in parties more often." As they moved down into the city, Harley couldn't help but notice Alex's confused face expression he tried to hide behind his laughter. No, she didn't let him know she noticed. Plus, she pretty much got used to it. They were considered either freaks, or those who are not to be trusted at any point. However, he seem like a good guy. The kind of the soldier that think things straight even if maybe reckless sometimes. Although he was green as a true grasshopper, she could tell. Because of that, as long as he remained useful, she didn't mind. Opinions never mattered. Business is business. She referred to Alex's question. "Yes, I was about to ask the same thing, actually. We need to start collectig as sson as we get there if we want to get everything on time."

• Hit Me in My FEELS
Derany looked like he wanted to say something... But he didn't say anything for a moment. "We're almost there.." He spoke, pointing to a small building next to the large one that was covering it... "There should be a flight of stairs through the door" He hoped the stairs were still there, otherwise he'd have wasted their time.... There should be a room below with a secret passage, that is if the room hadn't already collapsed... Or worse, being occupied...

-Bill Mayhew-

There was a tense moment, before the nontal's leader seemed to make a decision. "It certainly isn't my rank since the war, it would be better to call me deserter or traitor in that case. Ask those that aren't around anymore." Bill was sure that there was a split second in which the leaders eyes darkened and the mech behind him seemed to move back and forth slightly, as if it could sense it's masters disquietude, sparks fizzling across the pilot suit. "I'd rather be called Hawtiar. My nontals seem to have plastered that 'rank' on me along the way." Bill broke into a warm smile and let out a breath that he hadn't noticed he had been holding. "And it fits me and the rugbie better anyhow." Bill nodded slowly. He supposed to some, it might. The mech seemed to react to this statement.

"Well Hawtiar, If you had asked the brass of the army when I left, they'd have probably called me a traitor too. Sentenced me to death. Remind me to tell you that story sometime." Bill chuckled, before slipping a box of cigarettes out of his pocket and tapping it on his wrist to loosen one for him to pull out with his mouth. "You smoke?" Bill said, offering the open box to Hawtiar "I get them in Ristoba. they've got plantations."

As Bill clicked his lighter and puffed the first drag of his cigarette, there was movement on the other side of the camp and a flash of a blade.
His head snapped to look at it and his cybernetic eye switched to infrared, zooming in on the source and automatically scanning the girl's muscles for heat, predicting whether or not she was going to make any aggressive movements. His hand subconsciously went for his pistol, pausing only when she didn't make any kind of move besides sheathing her sword.
Bill's cigarette slipped from his lip as he was his distracted, the smouldering paper cylinder falling through the air.
As it bounced off the dusty floor, Bill muttered out an "Ah, crap" ducking down to pick it up.

Bill watched as the blade was sheathed and Newhics led the girl towards the mech. Bill sucked on the cigarette, and let out a huffing sigh. "kids these days. Where where we. Oh, right." Bill took the cig from his lips and courteously blew the smoke away from Hawtiar as he looked him up and down.
"You know bud, it's dangerous to stay in one a these pilot suits for too long. you got any idea what kinda stuff can grow under a suit if you don't take it off in a few days? You'll take it off and there'll be mould all over ya." Bill muttered a small "'scuse me-" and circled Hawtiar, looking him up and down "Also, did you notice yer suit do that little electrical discharge thing? It's a sign of material appurtenance, and I think it might be a result of extended use. Your suit, and by extension your mech's software, is beginning to respond to your mental state somehow..."
Bill paused...
"Feel free not to answer buddy, it's a pers'nal question 'n all, but're you a mental?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speakers:

"Bill Mayhew"
"Leader"
Time: Midday
Weather: Clear
Bill's physical status: Nominal
Bill's mental status: Distracted
Mabel's status: Nominal
Party size: 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A yawn escaped gentle lips as the body slowly sat up from the comfort of a bed. Comfort wasn't the right word, but, that was truly all she could get at this point in time. A mass of hair was slung up in a curly pony-tail, sighing as a daily routine began. A shower, brushed teeth and washing of the face. Bright blue hues with a tint of gold opened slowly as she dried her face. Here's to another day in paradise.. She thought to herself before slipping on a black tank top and a pair of slightly beat up jeans. Things had always been difficult lately. Her mind wondering through the depths of each possible universe, possibilities and so much more. Shortly after, she slid her boots on and walked out of the house.

So many people out today... She grumbled mentally and began her walk to the local store, following the same path she always did. As she walked, she blinked and looked to the side finally. Stopping in her tracks, she found herself walking over to a white and black round thing in the bush not too far away. Picking it up, she looked around and stood there for a one moment. "A soccer ball..?" She said under her breath for a moment and then sighed. She was sure there weren't any here. There haven't been for... years now. She had read about them, dreamt about them and wondered just how it felt to have one in her hands and... here it was. Shaking her head, she dropped the ball and walked away.

That's the second item this week. It's getting weird. Thought the brown haired female, trying to forget the odd items that had been popping up in town.

Alex noticed he was lagging behind a bit and caught up. Alex looked at Harley with a goofy grin on his face "Hey sorry about the beauty comment when we first met, but I wager you get yourself a lot of fellas for as cute as you are. Your paw must get so steamed when he sees you around the boys." Alex gives her a rather large slap across the back, one that is supposed to be playful not intended to hurt. Alex turns to Durany "Partner don't you think he is the cutest thing you ever did see?" Alex laughed out loud.

Derany's face turned a bright shade of red, luckily it was hidden for the most part under his hood... "I... Uh..." He saw that they were just about at the building he was talking about, thinking quickly he changed the subject, hoping no-one noticed that his face had gone red. "Oh! We're here..." He said quickly, opening the door to reveal steps that descended into a seemingly deserted basement "The door's down there, it's not too hard to spot if you know what to look for..." He spoke, his voice faltering a little as he looked back at the other two momentarily..

Last edited:
Harley Rogue
She nodded and followed Derany, walking down the stairs. "Hey sorry about the beauty comment when we first met..." Was what Alex said next, and she nodded ready to say how it was fine, but he was not quite finished. "...but I wager you get yourself a lot of fellas for as cute as you are." Chills of disappointment slid down her spine. That was not what she had expected. "Your paw must get so steamed when he sees you around the boys." She suddenly stopped, staring ahead. Should she lie? Why would she anyway? "Calm the hell down, Harley. He didn't know." She inhaled lightly, avoiding the direct answer. "No, he doesn't." Was all she came up with before changing the subject after Alex shouted to Derany. "Partner don't you think she is the cutest thing you ever did see?" She had to hand it to the guy. He was a talent in being flawlessly reckless and stupid at the same time. She tightened her fists in attempt to calm down once more as she was slapped across the back. "What am I? Just a piece of MEAT to all of you?!"

Those sons of bitches she had to deal with, said the exact same thing before they... they tried things. She was now anything but indifferent about that comment, although she still wouldn't let it show. "I believe I asked you nicely for us not to go back to that topic, didn't I? I do not appreciate it, soldier." His loud laughter provoked her even more, so the next step for keeping her cool, calm and collected attitude, was to clench her teeth shortly, when nobody was watching. She once again tried to get her mind off things and change the subject after she acknowledged Derany's instructions, thankful for him not wanting to answer that god damn question. Turning to Alex, she frowned, dead serious and keeping her voice down. "And way to go being a greeny you are. You think we're alone around here? Huh?! Somebody that doesn't appreciate us being around here might as well detect us, and bust our asses right now! But you don't think about it, do you? You just..." When she realised her voice became louder, she stopped and sighed. "Just...forget it. And be quiet, damn it!"

• Hit Me in My FEELS
Alex couldn't help but burst out laughing "Shoot Harley look around! We're in the middle of gosh dang town, there are freaks and weirdos all around!" Alex begins to point at people "Like that fella over there." he points to man missing a leg. "And that.....lady?" Alex turns his head trying decipher if it was a man or a lady he was pointing to. "I mean we fit right in!" Alex shouts tossing his hands in the air. "I mean you seem more serious than an owl huntin for pray. You need to lighten up." Alex claimed crossing his arms. "I may be greener than you but I reckon I don't have a stick the size of New Texas up my behind like you." Alex stared to talk down to her. "Didn't your maw teach you to loosen up once and awhile? Shooooot you'll drive the boys away with that scary face of yours." Alex smirked to himself.

Harley Rogue
"Shoot Harley look around! We're in the middle of gosh dang town, there are freaks and weirdos all around!"
"Shut up." She thought to herself with a last attempt to stay focused.
"Like that fella over there. And that.....lady?"
"Shut UP!"
"I mean we fit right in!"
"By that you meant those like ME fit right in." She now glared at him, showing that she was quite mad at this point. It wasn't a question, but a statement she replied with. She cursed to herself for ever believing it will turn out fine with having a normal around at this point. And not just normal, but the normal that turned out to be even greener than she could ever imagine. How the hell he managed to survive for so long? "I mean you seem more serious than an owl huntin for pray. You need to lighten up." He proceeded shamelessly. "I may be greener than you but I reckon I don't have a stick the size of New Texas up my behind like you." And proceeded some more. "Didn't your maw teach you to loosen up once and awhile? Shooooot you'll drive the boys away with that scary face of yours."
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" She snapped straight into his face this time, loosing it fast. She shouted now, loudly enough for some of those "weirdos" to turn and look at them. For a second, she though that bloody young sucker had a point. They looked really weird. But in the end it was just an attempt to ignore him. An attempt in which she failed miserably. At that point there was no turning back, and she couldn't care less.

She started throwing words into his face, coming rudely close.
"Lighten up? Lighten UP?! Hah! Where have you been? All of this is a freaking mess! Lighten up? What are you, 10?!" She took a breath and stepped back a bit, but her anger remained the same. It seemed like her eyes caught fire while she was talking faster and louder. "And at least MY stick shoved up my ass kept me alive all this time! And you?! You would be nothing! Nothing if you were left alone, the way you are! We would see how long you would last THEN you IDIOT!" By now, all curious faces turned and walked away quickly, not wanting any more trouble among the one they already had to deal with. Harley herself didn't know her voice could possibly get THAT bossy and loud. At this point, she was thankful for that. That last part... that idiotic thing packed all in one sentence. That was it. It was over the top. Who cares any more? She shouted as loud as she could now forgetting about possibility of being attacked. Right now he was the main target of her anger and she wanted to stay that way. "AND NO! SHE DIDN'T! SHE NEVER HAD A CHANCE!" She pushed him lighter than she assumed she would, just enough to move him from the spot he was standing on, as she turned away. "So screw you! Don't talk to me again or things will get ugly!" And she knew how ugly they actually got every time. He was stupid, but he was far from being someone that deserved to be dissolved or crushed. Just...stupid. That was all.

• Hit Me in My FEELS
A flash of rare anger past through Alex's eyes. Alex ran up behind Harley her words echoing in his ears "You would be nothing!.....Nothing....nothing." Alex grabbed her by the back of the caller and spoke in a very low and menacing tone "Harley I've SEEN thing you wouldn't believe. I've fought against mentals who would rip you to shreds just by look at you. I watched one of those mentals tear my mom apart limb from limb. DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME NOTHING!" Alex tossed her over his head and through the air making her land with a hard thud a few feet away. "You want to dance butter cup then lets dance! See how sparky you are after and ass woopin!" He bellowed. Alex detached the sword from his body, the sword hit the ground cracking it under its weight. Alex made sure the sheath would stay attached, he was trying to make a point not kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.