Mass Effect Division OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right out of the gates, so to speak.

really and your already having problems? try putting something new in it to spice things up a bit that mite work.

I was thinking about making a Group Mass Effect RP with an idea I had...but groups always seem to die. If anyone would like to help me with the idea, I would pitch it to you and see if it is good enough to start a RP.

An explanation of my absences: I've been sailing through exam season, but that doesn't make it okay. Everything's over now.

How many of y'all are still around?

Well, that's encouraging. XD

This is just great. I'm really sorry about all this mess.

Oh well, I suppose

Maybe you should reboot this and have someone else Co-GM it so it doesn't die?

So. Not trying to push Archangel out of the way, but who wants to re-boot this? Because I want to do a Group Mass Effect RP :L

Okay, that's what I'm thinking about doing, Grunt. I'm gonna have to look about rebooting, but I'm thinking on co-GM now.

I would be willing to help Co-GM it as well, though I rather be the last choice to be a Co-GM. Only if no one else wants to do it xD

Okay, if @VerbalAbuse is still around I might ask her, but you're on the list.

I'm currently posting from the crappiest internet on the planet, so pleaaaaaase bear with me.

Yeah, I'd be interested in that. I'm going back through the games right now anyway so I suppose some perspective might help. Aside from my own character, if I'm given directives via PM, I can RP this world's Shepard fairly easily so he'll be more in character, I just need to know what sort of Shepard we have - Paragon? Renegade? Hard Ass with a Heart (my current Shepard btw)? Moralist who knows when to get the jump (most of my previous Shepards)?

Our Shepard is a paragon, but I'm trying to avoid having him doing a lot of stuff...

Ughhhh, decisions. Both of you should know that whoever I pick gets the plot ruined for them.

I'm completely fine with spoilers.

Okay, @VerbalAbuse , you're my co-GM, but @Urdnot Grunt... I'm willing to accept another staff member (both because I like threes and because we may only have two functioning sometimes) if you want to do so.

Here's what I'm thinking for a reboot, after pondering my options somewhat. I'm thinking I may replace Shepard with a different soldier, just because I hate not playing OCs. However, since you're the people who are still around(/staff too?) I'm asking your opinion.

What do you want in this game?

Hmmm. Sure, I can be a Staff Member (Whatever they do xD)

Ummm. I would prefer a completely OC Crew over having some Canon personally.

If that's the case we might as well rework the entire universe, then it's not even an AU anymore, is it?

I mean, since you're the main here, Archie, I'll leave it up to you but we have PLENTY of options

We could go as planned originally and simply make an AU without Reapers
We could go with no canon characters but the story could be extremely botched

I mean we can also do an offshoot where Sovereign really was the last Reaper
Or one where the Collectors were created before the Protheans destroyed the Reapers

But since Shepard, the Normandy and its crew, Saren, the Geth, the Collectors, Cerberus, and the Reapers are all extremely vital to the story, a lot of things change if even one of them is taken from the story. Imagine removing two.

EDIT: If my response seemed intimidating, I'm sorry. I'm moreso trying to put things into scope than discourage any further planning. This could succeed, but it is a great undertaking. Having people playing the game right now and defaulting members of the fandom like Grunt is a great way to make this have good perspective. That said, I'm eager to work on this, and I hope my ideas and propositions can help this RP come to fruition beyond the expected scope of a roleplay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.