Mass Effect: Defiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just waiting for the next developments with our group in the mall. Blake's already offered to go restore comms with Jakbaal.

Maybe I'll get a post up the next couple days moving anyone who's posted since I have along. I do apologize, my time has been short lately and I haven't been able to devote much time to working on RPs lately.

I'm still here. This last week was a 60hr one working on a prep for a trade-show. You've got my attention back though, and I'll get rolling.

Quick and dirty post up. Sorry for the shitty quality, I just wanted to get something up.

I posted to bring the two groups together. I figured since the complex we were heading toward was the mall that it'd make sense for the courtyard to be near us. I'm not good with keeping track of locations though, so correct me if I made a mistake.

What's that sound? Oh, it's just the engine of this mofo startin' back up :bananaman:.

I posted to bring the two groups together. I figured since the complex we were heading toward was the mall that it'd make sense for the courtyard to be near us. I'm not good with keeping track of locations though, so correct me if I made a mistake.
that's perfectly fine by me! It's illogical a large group would happen on the same place with nothing more than a shitty radio to go off of, so running into said group on the move is equally illogical, but we're also playing a game about invading robot space squids, so it all makes sense.

So I've been playing Mass Effect 3's COOP lately, and playing several biotic classes I realized something.

Several classes are able to biotically teleport short distances for their combat rolls and/or heavy melee, like the N7 Fury, N7 Slayer, and Cabal Vanguard.

I'm no physics buff, so I'm curious how they're doing that. I know the multiplayer is laughably noncanon, but Banshees also do it in single-player.

Mostly I want to know so Esther can teleport.

Just for simplicity sake, just assume it's a variation of a Vanguard charge.

Well I figure it works on the same principle, but I was more curious how, from a scientific standpoint, altering the mass of objects would allow one to teleport.

Or if ME3 is just bullshitting and that isn't possible. That's a possibility.

A lot of Mass Effect isn't possible. Those 3D holograms, the whole principal of mass effect, instantaneous communication across galaxies.

Well yeah, but I was just curious about how altering mass translates into teleportation. I know a lot of the stuff in the game is impossible, but I want to know how this one thing fits into the game's lore and the game's physics.

It's how FTL travel is possible. Ships are enveloped in a field when travelling FTL that, if I remember right, has less mass than light, allowing them to slip through space with no physical resistance. It's been a long time since I read up on it.

• Thank You
Reactions: lostfaith
Yeah - basically, an object with no mass has to travel at light-speed. It can't travel any higher or lower than light would. Assuming the physics of mass effect can decrease your mass to zero, you could travel at light speed between the two places, appearing to teleport. But that's a really simplistic explanation, and includes a lot of bullshit physics and ignores a lot of stuff and just... the answer is, it's not possible. xD

And there we go! Another post. I figured I'd wait to see if anyone else posted, looks like pickings are slim.

Quick roll call for who's still around! I might have to trim down the player list again, but don't worry; even with a few players, I still intend to keep this rolling. This post was just a sign of things to come. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.