Mass Effect: Defiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, post didn't happen - but I have a pretty damn good excuse: I spent the weekend in hospital and ended up having surgery. So yeah, it'll be up as soon as possible but...

Reactions: Rare
So, post didn't happen - but I have a pretty damn good excuse: I spent the weekend in hospital and ended up having surgery. So yeah, it'll be up as soon as possible but...

Oh shit. Are you okay? What happened?

I'm okay, don't worry. It was only an abscess (ew) on my coccyx. Just a case of bad luck, unfortunately - it's not uncommon in young men. It was a pretty minor issue in the scheme of things, but damn, the NHS can't do anything efficiently. I'm fine, and should be healed up in about 6 weeks.

Hey man! Take that back about the NHS! They're pretty damn efficient at cocking up prescriptions! ;)

I'm okay, don't worry. It was only an abscess (ew) on my coccyx. Just a case of bad luck, unfortunately - it's not uncommon in young men. It was a pretty minor issue in the scheme of things, but damn, the NHS can't do anything efficiently. I'm fine, and should be healed up in about 6 weeks.
Trust me, it takes a lot for medical stuff to gross me out, especially with my parade of personal issues haha. I wish you a speedy recovery!

And alright, it's February 2nd, time to do the Grim Reaper alert here; anyone who hasn't had an IC post up since before January 26th has until February 9th to get an IC post up or their characters will be removed from the game. This includes Grif, Rare, Pellegrino, and Halo.

Trust me, it takes a lot for medical stuff to gross me out, especially with my parade of personal issues haha. I wish you a speedy recovery!

And alright, it's February 2nd, time to do the Grim Reaper alert here; anyone who hasn't had an IC post up since before January 26th has until February 9th to get an IC post up or their characters will be removed from the game. This includes Grif, Rare, Pellegrino, and Halo.
I am directly interacting with Valentyne and Halo and posted last between the three of us. Totally still in this, just need one of y'all to post before I can again.

I know people are waiting on me, and I'm trying my best to get my shit sorted so I can squeeze out a post tomorrow night. But after having been in the hospital and recovery, I'm now over a week behind on uni work and I have a major project due in three days that I've barely started, and for which I have less than a quarter of the time I should have had.

If I can't get a post up by the 9th, I understand if you kill Kali off - but I won't have it said it's because I'm a lazy roleplayer. :/ Life just kinda fucked me over.

That's fine, get it up when you can. All I ask for is a head's up when stuff comes up.

I know people are waiting on me, and I'm trying my best to get my shit sorted so I can squeeze out a post tomorrow night. But after having been in the hospital and recovery, I'm now over a week behind on uni work and I have a major project due in three days that I've barely started, and for which I have less than a quarter of the time I should have had.

If I can't get a post up by the 9th, I understand if you kill Kali off - but I won't have it said it's because I'm a lazy roleplayer. :/ Life just kinda fucked me over.

Wasn't trying to throw you under the bus, mate, just saying pointing out my position. I've been through undergrad and am now on this horrific 60 hours a work-week shit, so I appreciate the struggle and know life comes first. If you want Kali to be moved along with our little trio I'd be happy to note her coming along and so forth until you're capable, if nothing else, than to account for her place in the story.

I'll PM Valen to see what's going on their front. If neither of you were able to post and silent, I was just going to have Egon ditch you for some reason. If you're at least around then Kali and him can stumble upon the group. Let me know if you have a preference or what have you.

Sorry; what I said came out harsher and more accusatory than I meant it to. ^^; I was just explaining why my post isn't up yet, considering there are people waiting on me - that's only courteous.

So through a Herculean effort I've actually made some decent progress through the night. I'll hopefully be able to get a post up - hopefully. But the drugs currently in my system are nicotine, alcohol, paracetamol, ibuprofen, caffeine, taurine, a shit load of sugar, and adrenaline from listening to awesome music, so by tonight I'll be half-dead and I can't guarantee it'll be high-quality - probably just enough to get the ball rolling. Kali's a little... unresponsive, in some ways, right now, in her mental state, so it should actually tie in nicely to the character.

It's so ridiculously hypocritical of me right now to say this, but Pellegrino - I just reread your post to refresh my mind of where we're up to, and it's actually Kali's arm that's broken, not her leg. ^^; Ducking beneath her arm would probably have her screaming. She would certainly be moving with an odd gait though, to try not to move it too much, so it's entirely possible to let it slide and have it so Egon mistakes her injury. Or perhaps I'm just totally misreading your post in my tiredness. Sorry if that's the case!

I'm usually more active, but it's been hard for me to get online the past two weeks with the new puppy. Can't leave him unattended unless he's in the crate, and I can't leave him in the crate for too long because that's not raising a dog right.

I'm writing a post right now at Pellegrino's request, actually. Not much to do, but...

I'm a little scatter brained right now, so I want to make sure. The complex Kesharr suggested is the building where everyone else is, right? And it has reaper forces somewhere around it? I read over the posts again and I'm still a little confused so I want to be certain I have the right idea.

EDIT: I posted.
Afraid I might have revealed a little too much in this post, but Esther kind of can't help but think about that stuff when she meets a quarian and I didn't have much else to write about, so whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm writing a post right now at Pellegrino's request, actually. Not much to do, but...

I'm a little scatter brained right now, so I want to make sure. The complex Kesharr suggested is the building where everyone else is, right? And it has reaper forces somewhere around it? I read over the posts again and I'm still a little confused so I want to be certain I have the right idea.

EDIT: I posted.
Afraid I might have revealed a little too much in this post, but Esther kind of can't help but think about that stuff when she meets a quarian and I didn't have much else to write about, so whatever.
Thank you!

I'll begin working on my post tomorrow. Yes, I just pointed out some building with the assumption it would be where the rest of the crew is considering we were dragging pretty hard and clearly needed more interaction.

So sorry that I haven't posted. I got sick on Friday and I still am sick.

Could someone find my character, while they are leaving the mall or going to it? If someone could, it would help me get out a post faster.

Okay, so, yet another all nighter followed by a hospital visit later, I am now sweetly and beautifully freeeeee (apart from like 2 weeks of lectures to catch up on but pffftttt who cares about that?) So expect a post from me in the next 24 hours or so! I'm so sorry for the delay, srsly. x_x

EDIT: Also I'd like to get to know you all a bit better (#stealingDervish'sline), so how are you all? What have you been up to? Fought off any lion attacks recently?

This is kind of funny. I was mid-way through my post last night when I was called by a local news outlet for an interview. I'll be working on it more tonight and should be done very soon.

As proof, check out this video featuring me!

Alright, due to my own slackastical nature and inability to get to a computer reliably due to this thing:

LZi3Hd4.jpg

Everyone listed has until Friday to get something up.

Merry Yulemashanukwanzidan or something.

So!

Nothing's been going on the past several days. Anyone still in this, or is dragging this out going to be a slow, painful death?

Status
Not open for further replies.