Maples Hill School

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lets find out!" Misty giggled rushing ahead and opened the cover when she did misty started glowing then everyone's hand started as a strange sign appeared on all there hands. "What is this??..." misty asked lokking down at it

Rain suddenly moved her hand and went right behind Misty to see the book. Then glanced at her hand. "I don't know but I'm glad one of us opened the book I wasn't sure if I could move from the gate." She stated and smiled at Misty.

Storm sighed. "Yep it was calling her..." He stated mostly to himself then looked at the strange symbol. He wondered if the others were different or the same.

Misty looked back at storm and noticed his hand, "your hand is glowling to storm.. does everyone have the mark?" She asked concerned

Storm said "Either the same or different." Then he looked to Rain. "Or at least me you and Rain here." He replied.

Rain looked to her hand as Storm mentioned her eyes wide and her head tilted in curiosity. "Does the book explain?" She asked.

"Well I have one." The male held up his hand, it on his hand was the mark of flames and a lightning bolt, which he didn't know what it meant. Chimera had the mark of a pink cloud, along with ghostly wisps and an eye in the middle of it all.

Rain looked realizing hers seemed of water. "Mine looks as if it's waves." She stated in realization. "But then there is a moon."

Storm thought a moment and stared at his it looked like a rain cloud with lighting and a moon as well. "Wait a second..." He thought on his name and Rain's his mouth fell. "Rain our names.... Think about them then the marks..." He stated.

"... I didn't notice, but there is a shield on it now." He held up his hand, and it revealed to be a thunderbolt piercing through a shield, and the shield appeared to be on fire as well. Chimera held hers up, and it looked like an eye in the middle, with multiple rings surrounding the iris and wispy flames and clouds. "What does it mean?" She asked, curiously, holding her hand out to Aegeus.

"... For once, I don't know."

Storm looked at the two. "Your hair is red. Think a moment." He replied. "My and my sister's name involves water and our last name is Nightcloud." He paused. "Then some of it may be our personalities" He said.

Rain smiled. "Hmm... Magic?" She volunteered. "I mean elements that perhaps fit us and maybe we can control them? Or something?" She suggested.

Misty looked down and saw she had the same mark as storm holding her hand out to him she said, "then how come we have the same mark storm?" She asked looking at it curious.

Storm looked at Misty's mark. "Umm... I don't know now... I hoped I was on to some explanation." He shrugged. Then he lietened to Rain who was whispering so quiet it was almost hard for even him to hear but her words made him suddenly grow bright pink. It especially was pink being how RAin did what she really would t bug him. She used a similar line of there parents especially there father.

Rain gave a grin. "Ah Prince Storm isn't there a guess somewhere in that head of yours?" She stated with a grin then moved near her brother. "Maybe you like her and now she has the same mark stating your meant to be." Rain whispered in a low small voice a smirk on her face. Rain stepped back and the smirk stayed.

Chimera had a smile on her face, and then decided to chime out-- okay, everybody with me now, "Soul mates!~" She chimed, and then Aegeus muffled her again.

Rain grinned when she heard Chimera join her in the comment. "I believe so." She stated a smirk still there she enjoyed the blush on her brother's face. Rain looked to Chimera and Aegeus. "I'm glad someone else sees it that way." She stated as if she had solved it.

Storm was now really pink. He turned his head to look at the book. "Umm... Does the book have words that explain?" He said trying to hide his face but not seem rude. He didn't want to offend Misty but he didn't want his sister to continue teasing him either.

"Well any who... If we are basing it off names, I think mine would mean illusions, dreams, dimensions and what not." She deduced, holding her mark out. Chimera was a word for 'Fabrication', Illusions, and etc. It also had a relation with dreams, and Chimera also looked at Aegeus' mark. "My name means to protect.. Or to Guard... So I'm assuming the shield and the sword comes from that?" He wasn't too good with these things, and then let go of Chimera. He then approached the book, opening it up and trying to decipher it. "I don't know where, but Aegeus has been researching different historical dialects!" She chimed, watching Aegeus try to read it.

He looked at the writing, and then he let out a sigh. "Well... I can't make up too much, but in short, we have magic. Throw a party.." He crossed his arms, and rolling his eyes on that last sentence. Apparently, the marks were a sign of what type of magic they held.

Rain listedn her smile grew. "Powers..." She repeated. "Magic" She said next her mind swimming with her imagination no stopping the ideas now. "But what kind?" She stated wondering aloud. "Me, Storm and Misty I suggest trying water... Not sure what the deal with the moon is." She stated still thinking aloud.

Storm just stared not sure what to say. He looked at Rain and it was as if he could see her imagination turning. "Rain what if night involves darkness and dreams? You've always been a great story teller." He stated knowing her favorite thing to tell was dragons and a unknown mystical world that he didn't feel existed but he knew she at times did.

(sorry my phone died)
Misty's eyes grew wide with all the teasing and turned bright red, "W-w-w-what you m-mean, but we just met and..and and" she managed to stutter before looking at storm for help. Then she started giggling at rains day dreaming and added, "when i looked in the book i couldn't understand what it said actually it might be written in elvish." She smiled hoping to feed Rain's curiosity. Looking back down at her mark she smiled and started to blush, what if they really were soul mates.. she began to think causing her to blush more.

"I'm thinking Rain's moon has something to do with ocean tides, so water in general! One way to find out!" Chimera smiled, and then looked over at Aegeus. He had read enough to know how it works, so he might as well try. "What a hassle..." He looked to the side, sitting down and taking a deep breath. He started channeling his energy though his body, as the mark has broken the brain's limiter. Out from the palm of his hand, came a small ball of fire, and he looked at it as well, creating a light source. "I'm assuming Chimera has something to do with Space, and some time. I mean, look at the pattern on the eye's iris." He mentioned, looking at the fireball and throwing it around, making sure not to drop it.

Rain nodded listing to everyone. "I've been trying to learn elfish but I'm not that good yet." She stated. Then heard the others ideas she felt part of it was dealing with water but more. Much more. Rain just couldn't understand why. Rain did begin to stare at one space her thoughts focusing on two idea the first to create a ball of water in he air. While the second to make a ball of darkness inside the water. It was something she sometimes dreamed of doing.

Strom nodded. "Perhaps her's does or what the moon can represent. Or well to Rain what it can... I mean I know her better than anyone and she does have a thing for the night... And water, snow, even mist." He stated. Then he looked to Misty he was blushing still as much as her and had heard her every word. "I know we did.. Rain just enjoys to tease sorry...." He said though he wasn't sure why but he did feel Rain may had some truth in her teasing he did enjoy being with Misty and he hated that he let her fall a little more than he did if it was Rain.

Misty eyes widen as the redhead created fair then she giggled, "i wonder what ours does storm." she smiled at him her eyes full of curiosity.

Storm shrugged. "My guess is like Rain's maybe something to do with water... But being it looks like a storm cloud maybe lighting?" He suggested not sure.

Rain continued to stare at one spot finally she noticed a bit of water forming from thin air. A small smirk appeared once the ball was bigger she would try her second idea. "Could we each have two powers?" She asked still staring at the ball of water. Her hands stayed at her side then she moved them as if that might make the ball grow faster.

"I'm pretty sure that we could have far more than one, based off these. I probably have some manipulation over lightning as well, but that's too advanced at the moment... I couldn't do more research..." Aegeus looked to the side, as he wasn't used to offering help to anyone other than Chimera. Though, his was different from them all, and so he wasn't sure if he could actually teach them when needed.

"AEGEUS! SOMETHING HAPPENED!"

Chimera was screaming, and when people were to look past her, they would find that the entrance had caved in, trapping them inside the area. Chimera ran back to Aegeus, looking up at him. She seemed to be confused on what to do, and Aegeus sighed. "Alright, what did you do this time?" He asked her, as though she were the one who caused this.

She shook her head once he had asked her the question. "I-I didn't do anything! It was just there!" She explained, and it seemed to have surprised her more than it did him.

Status
Not open for further replies.