Maho Shojo no Yoso!

Becky actually seemed embarrassed by her state...
"It's not my fault... The power went out again, no hot water, lights, hair dryer or alarm... The power company keeps saying there's nothing wrong...".
She declared.

Fenn looked as well put together as ever, clearly she wasn't having issues with power, though she did live in an entirely different neighborhood then Becky.
"Of course...".
She answered, opening up the way to the underground market.

"At this rate, I'm going to need to hire myself out as your generator." Kelly told Becky as Fenn did her work. Fortunately, the shopkeeper they were looking for hadn't budged an inch. "Well, madam, we got rid of the unwanted guest at the pool. I'd say we've more than earned your discount, as we agreed."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Heh... It would be better than what's happening so far... We have to eat takeout every day... And that's expensive!"
Becky declared, clearly unhappy with the situation.

The woman was grinning as they Approached.
"I could tell as soon as you finished it off, you girls did good! As I promised you will be rewarded, I actually had something you girls might appreciate, most can't use them but I have a set of crystal amulets, they gather ambient magic from the environment and that radiates off your bodies, and makes it available for you to use, of course how much you can store and tap depends on your personal ability".

"We'll gladly take them, and thank you." Kelly put on her amulet, some sort of yellow crystal set in gold. Instantly, she could feel a latent swell in her powers, and she found that the more she concentrated, the more power she could draw from the crystal. The rush was intoxicating! "Alright, this will definitely be of use for us."

Becky's amulet was a little orange and red flame, and judging from the look on her face she felt similar to Kelly.
Fenn seemed pleased with a pair of water drop ear rings, it seemed the word amulet didn't actually mean an amulet specifically in this case.
However there was one more, a small tiara with a sun gem on it.
"This is part of the set... I can't use it so I guess you girls should take it... It's bad luck to split up magical sets anyway".

Kelly took the tiara as well, giving it a look over. "Not my style, but I can at least appreciated the artistry." She walked down the market street, trusting Fenn and Becky to follow her.

They did follow, since Kelly had managed to establish herself as a leader of sorts, it made sense, Fenn was brains, Becky was brawn and Kelly was boss.
"Hey, isn't it cool how the magic thingies sorta match us?"
Becky asked, looking at her amulet.
"Do ya think that tiara matches another magical girl?"
She continued, right before the power went out, it wasn't too dark because there was plenty of magic light, but still concerning.

"Yeah, they do fit us, now that I think about it. And I wouldn't take that bet, Beck- I'd probably lose," Kelly quipped before the electricity went kaput. "Oh, this is just what we need. Wonder if they have the same power company as you, Becky." Kelly looked into the dim light for a generator, some batteries, even a power line she could charge up. Just because there were magic lights around didn't mean this wasn't a potential problem.

"I wasn't gonna bet anything though?..."
Becky stated, apparently not knowing the saying she used, she really did have some random gaps in her knowledge.
The crystal spoke up in their minds this time, not sounding as tired as usual.
"It's entirely likely there are others compatible with this form of magic, I would suggest being on the lookout".

There were indeed plenty of power lines, it looked like this place was on the main grid somehow.
Though any attempt at charging it would fail, it was as if her electricity was being pulled away somewhere.

Kelly nodded as she channeled her lightning, trying to get the power on. Unfortunately, her electricity was being funneled to somewhere distant, which made her feel uneasy.

"Something's sucking my power that way," she said, pointing into the blackness. "We've got those brand-new charms, so I don't feel quite as bad about going after it. You two all charged up?"

"Umm... There should be an exit about here..."
Fenn declared, leading them through a door into what looked like a subway, though it was empty and the door didn't seem to have any way to open it from the outside.
"Hey! I know this place, it's the old subway that got shut down... It's near my... Street..."
Becky stopped talking as the apparent source of the drain came into sight, standing on the tracks with a bunch of electrical cords from the wall wrapped around it's arm, was the golem, it was still missing it's head and practically radiated magic... And it turned to face them, not even hesitating to send a blast of lighting towards them.

Kelly moved quickly, but she still took a good bit of the blast to her knee. Her own electricity based powers seemed to handle the worst of it. "What the hell? I thought we already wrecked this thing, Beck!" she yelled, as a plan began to take shape in her mind. It was risky, though- if the golem could hold more electricity then she could, she might just end up supercharging the thing, and that would probably mean death for all three of them.

"Yeah but it's definitely not dead!"
She shouted, rushing to punch it and getting a blast of electricity for her trouble.
"Gahh... That hurts... Way more than yours Kelly..."
She groaned.

Fenn was next up with a blast of high pressure water, which actually dented it! Before acting as a conductor, Fenn wasn't as tough as Becky and barely stayed standing.

Kelly smiled as she took a look at the battlefield, then started absorbing the electricity that had previously been flowing towards the golem. "An energy drainer, huh? Well, you're not going to steal my thunder!" she called out as she fired a blast at the golem. My god, that was lame. Need to leave the quipping to those who are better at it.

The golem took the hit fairly well, which is to say it absorbed it and, almost seemed to chuckle before letting out an enormous amount of sparks and rushing towards Fenn incredibly fast, gliding across the floor rather than walking, it pulled back to throw a no doubt painful punch... And was stopped by a purple barrier as a girl appeared seemingly out of nowhere!
"Hahh... I made it... Really now, why are you attacking this thing with lightning... Be more creative!"EHsqOv_U0AAjvXD.jpeg

Kelly was surprised by the newcomer's appearance, but she wasn't quite dumb enough to turn down free help. "Listen, the lightning's all I've got! I don't think I can hurt it with a punch! If barriers are your thing, then keep it up. If you've got any offensive tricks, use them. I'm going to see if I can keep it's attention focused on me!"

The girl almost casually blocked another blast still facing Kelly.
"Yes you have lightning but surely you can think of more than punching... Imagine what you could do with that energy behind a punch!"
She shouted, before grinning and creating another barrier, spinning it incredibly fast before using it like a saw, taking off one of the golems arms.

Watching the saw slice through the golem like the proverbial hot knife through butter, Kelly decided to put the newcomer's advice to use. Coating her fists in thunderbolts, she threw a series of electrified punches at the creature. Her fighting style could charitably be described as 'spastic flailing', but Kelly thought she made contact a few times.

That was much more effective! With the increased force and less easily absorbable hits she was actually doing enough damage to crack it's junk filled body... Becky soon joined as well, sparks flying from each hit as she jumped and delivered a massive hit to it's chest, unsteadying the golem long enough for Fenn to blast it with water, freezing the golem inside and out as it finally stopped moving.

"Hahh! That thing was too tough... You girls are lucky I was around".
The stranger declared as she reached into a hole in the golem, pulling something out and pocketing it.

"Be careful everyone, I don't know who gave her those powers, but this magical girl is stronger than any of you".
The crystal spoke in their minds.

Kelly flicked her eyes over at Crystal, but she was going to at least try for a friendly introduction. If things went sour, well... Little Miss Newbie might be stronger than any one of them, but she was willing to bet that the three put together could at least put up enough of a fight to get away. "Nice work there." She gave her best winning smile, which might have lost some effect from the grime from the fight. "I'm Kelly."