Maho Shojo no Yoso!

It seemed they weren't the only people to notice, other people actually moved out of his way... It seemed their enemy had a reputation! But it seemed more one of fear than respect at least.
"I don't think we could fight him right now anyway... Not until we have a better grip on our powers at least".
Fenn agreed.
The wares were... Varied, odd ingredients, indecipherable books and even a shrunken head, all with rather terrifying price tags.

Kelly looks at the price tags in full-blown sticker shock- she's seen cars that cost less than some of this stuff! A thought comes to her- probably a terrible idea, but the best one she's got. Heading over to woman selling an interesting assortment of items, she looks her over. "I can't afford any of this, yet, but... would it be alright if me and my friends work for you for a time in exchange for a discount? We could learn more about magic, and you would get more things to sell."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
The woman looked them over and shook her head.
"No way, I can't go hiring kids like you... Besides, what could you actually do to make me money? I can sense that you don't have the talent for enchanting... Then again... How good are you at fighting?"
She asked in a quiet tone, as if fearing someone might overhear her.

Kelly looked around, but didn't see anyone within earshot, or so she supposed. "We've been in a few practice fights, got caught up with a sorcerer once. Didn't do too badly." The blonde's eyes narrowed. "Why... what exactly do you have in mind for us to be fighting?"

That actually seemed to impress her a little! Though she was quick to hide it.
"Huh, guess you're a lot tougher than you look..."
She mumbled, her gaze turning back to them.
"I need you to hunt a demon... Well, an imp, some idiot used something I sold to summon it and now it's hanging out at a public pool... If it got out that I was connected I'd be in trouble... So I need it dead".

Kelly seemed to relax a little bit. Sure, there was probably still a bit of danger to all this, but an imp? She was picturing something maybe two feet tall with cute wings and a cowardly streak as wide as the ocean. Definitely something they could deal with. "Okay, you have yourself a deal. Tell us what to look for, and we'll take care of your little problem for you."

The woman grinned a little as they accepted the job, and dug through the things on her stall to produce a picture, the imp was blue all over with small wings seemingly made of water, it honestly looked more like a fairy than anything demonic.
"Now don't underestimate this thing, it'll be in it's home element a definitely doesn't want to go quietly... I'd suggest going in during the day to scout it out, the imp won't attacks when the pool is full of people, then you can come back at night and finish it off.

Kelly's eyebrows raised, she hadn't been expecting the imp to look like that. Still, she gathered herself and glanced at her partners. "It's getting late, so I suggest we all head for home. We check the pool out tomorrow morning, find out exactly what the situation is, and then take care of the little bugger tomorrow night. I've got some ideas already, but I want to see if they'll work. Oh, and Becky? Bring Crystal tomorrow, just in case things go bad."

"Good idea... I'm not dressed for the pool... Or anything serious at the moment..."
She glanced down at the dress her mother had somehow thought was a good idea.
"My powers should be at an advantage in the pool".
Fenn commented as they left, idly playing with a bit of water she'd taken from somewhere, well it seemed she at least had somewhat decent control already, still though, water was undoubtedly easier to control than lightning.

Kelly watched as Fenn played with her little ball of water, smiling. Though they were rather new to their powers, it seemed they were learning fast. She made it home and went to sleep, getting herself ready for the next day.

The following morning, she was at the pool, wearing a rather conservative blue one-piece. She checked the place out, but couldn't see any imp. Didn't mean much, though- the place was pretty busy, after all.

Fenn was there waiting in a sleek, professional looking racing style swimsuit, it made sense, she was on the school's team and regularly competed.
"Hey... This water is weird, I can't control it easily".
She noted before turning as Becky, she was in a boyish set of a tank top like garment and a pair of board shorts.
"Sorry I'm late! If I'm late that is... Had trouble with the power again... I need a new alarm that has batteries or something".

"Okay, something's off about that water, possibly something magical. I wonder if it has do to with our little friend?" When Becky showed up, late as usual. Kelly did an especially hard eyeroll. "Set an alarm on your phone, Beck. Shouldn't be too much to ask, right?" The blonde looked at the pool, muttering, "Now, where is he?"

"Most likely... It feels like something magical is in control already, though hopefully it doesn't know where we are... That could get dangerous".
She commented.
Becky sighed and shook her head.
"That's dead too, and the bloody power company keeps failing to get the power fixed... It sucks".
Becky declared.
"Oh! I have an idea, we could swim around and look for it? Like split up, I doubt it will be too obvious though...".

"Better than nothing," Kelly responded to Becky's idea. She jumped in the shallow end of the pool, careful to make sure she didn't get any deeper than her shoulders. The blonde had many skills, but she swam like a cinder block. Wouldn't do for an aspiring superheroine to have to pulled out of the city pool by a lifeguard. Besides, Fenn could easily cover the deep end. Kelly kept her eyes peeled, but she wasn't quite sure what to look for yet, besides the imp itself, of course.

Fenn certainly covered the deep end! She was swimming like a pro, catching plenty of attention... From boys and girls alike!
Becky was floating not far away, using a floatie that gave off a surprising amount of magic... She'd stuffed the crystal into her flotation device! It certainly was far more discrete than carrying it openly.
Nothing happened at first until Kelly was near several people, some with kids... All off a sudden she felt a spark of magic... And the water suddenly got warmer around her, spreading out to reach the others... Who quickly developed disgusted looks and scrambled out of the water... The imp had framed her!

At the same time Becky let out a stunned squeak and climbed out of the water, running off with the crystal covering her chest.
Fenn... Seemed to be drowning! Her struggle caught plenty of attention... Before she suddenly seemed to recover.

Kelly rolled her eyes at the imp's prank. Real mature, asshole. However, her reaction turned to fear as she saw Fenn in mortal danger. When the other girl managed to break free, Kelly yelled, "Get out of the water, Fenn! Everybody, out! I've got an idea here, but if you're in the water when I pull it, you're not going to like the results! Crystal, I'm going to need all the juice you can give me!"

Her attempts to make everyone leave the pool earned her nothing but looks and a few giggles, it seemed few would listen to a teen girl who had seemingly just peed herself, though a lifeguard did approach...
"Miss, can you please stop bothering the guests? I don't want to have to make you leave".
He told her sternly, meanwhile Fenn dragged herself out of the water.
"What do you require the power for?"
Crystal asked as it fed her energy.

I was going to try to shock the whole pool and flush it out, but I don't want to do that with everybody in the water. We'd have a bunch of people zapped into a coma, or worse. Although...

There was nothing for it, now. Kelly still felt that the massive blast of electricity was her best play, but she needed to make damn sure everyone listened. To hell with the whole 'secret identity' thing. There was a massive flash of lightning, and Kelly was once again transformed, giant sparks dancing in her finger- the sort of thing nobody could ignore. "All eyes on me? Good. Listen to me very closely. Out. Of. The. Pool. Now."

Kelly received looks of shock for all of five seconds, before an odd, sort of groaning noise filled the air and the shock faded into confusion.
"That's a weird outfit to swim in... You okay there?"
A life guard asked, not sure why they'd run over anymore, the imp at least wasn't attacking anyone at that moment.
The crystal did take a chance to have a long range chat though.
"Most humans cannot even perceive magic while the veil is in place... We must regroup when the pool is empty".

Kelly winced- this whole excursion had been a disaster, and now she might as well have a tattoo reading "lunatic" on her forehead. Shaking her head, she gestured to Fenn and Becky. "It's time to leave, girls. I'll talk with you outside." Hopefully, they could actually come up with a good plan this time, but she doubted it.